PDA

View Full Version : Request help making a quick glance NPC sheet

powerdemon
2009-03-20, 04:25 PM
I'm making a sheet for NPCs to put down basic info in an easy to read, quick glance type style. I make the form and then just fill in the blanks for each creature ahead of time and print it out so I don't have to go into the MM every 5 minutes to look up a creature. And I also use it for NPCs.

The layout isn't important since I have that covered to my taste, I just wanted to ask for some help to make sure I didn't miss anything Important.

So far I have included:

Creature name
Level/HD
CR
Hp
Initiative
Speed
AC (Touch, FF, Dodge?)
Armor/Shield used
DR
Saves
Attack mod + weapon/s used
Full attack
Feats
Special qualities
Ability scores
Loot
Important skills
description/personality
alignment

Anything else you guys think I should add?

Knaight
2009-03-20, 05:00 PM
Add in major skills, minor skills can be stuffed somewhere else, but stuff that is going to be relevant (so if there is a fight on a ship, swim, or for a guide survival, climb, etc.), should be easy to find.

powerdemon
2009-03-20, 05:03 PM
Add in major skills, minor skills can be stuffed somewhere else, but stuff that is going to be relevant (so if there is a fight on a ship, swim, or for a guide survival, climb, etc.), should be easy to find.

Thanks, that is exactly the stuff I'm looking for. The stuff I will need most.

Added!

sigurd
2009-03-20, 05:44 PM
You might make room for the entity's 3 top skills. That will sort of tell you what its outlook is. Often you don't even need to have numbers - for those skills take the level\hd and add 3 unless there's a reason they would be reduced.

Equipment should probably read "Combat equipment" then you can expect a second page if it matters - unless you are including treasure for the creature.

powerdemon
2009-03-20, 05:56 PM
You might make room for the entity's 3 top skills. That will sort of tell you what its outlook is. Often you don't even need to have numbers - for those skills take the level\hd and add 3 unless there's a reason they would be reduced.

Equipment should probably read "Combat equipment" then you can expect a second page if it matters - unless you are including treasure for the creature.

I have the armor and weapons listed on there in the attack and AC area, and anything extra is listed in loot. I plan on rolling loot before hand and using that :).

Knaight
2009-03-20, 06:14 PM
Might want to have alignment on the sheet, if you haven't systematically eradicated mechanical effects for alignment. That and a short personality spot.

powerdemon
2009-03-20, 06:21 PM
Might want to have alignment on the sheet, if you haven't systematically eradicated mechanical effects for alignment. That and a short personality spot.
Added the line for description/personality

This is how it looks. Simple, but suits my needs.
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m7/gwerith/Avatars%20or%20Forums/untitled.jpg

Knaight
2009-03-20, 07:03 PM
You might want to thicken a few lines. For instance, between skills and special qualities and attacks, around special qualities and attacks, etc.

powerdemon
2009-03-20, 07:22 PM
You might want to thicken a few lines. For instance, between skills and special qualities and attacks, around special qualities and attacks, etc.
How's this?
You can fit two of these per sheet of paper. It repeats after the black line on the bottom.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m7/gwerith/Avatars%20or%20Forums/untitled-1.jpg

Knaight
2009-03-20, 08:41 PM
Much better, that one is far easier to read, and looks nice.

VelvetThunder
2009-03-25, 02:25 AM
I'd add in a box for Spell Resistance, and a page Reference Number just in case.

powerdemon
2009-03-25, 07:33 AM
I'd add in a box for Spell Resistance, and a page Reference Number just in case.

Oooh, good call! Completely forgot about that.