PDA

View Full Version : What is your character doing right now?

Wyvern_55
2009-03-20, 06:56 PM
As of posting, what is your character (or group) doing at this exact moment?

When I last played my arcane trickster 'Will,' he was embroiled deep in an Agatha Christie-style murder mystery and had just called all the suspects into the "accusatorium"

RebelRogue
2009-03-20, 07:13 PM
About to fight a flock of black swans while running from an army of murdering, raping dwarven invaders! :smalleek:

Olo Demonsbane
2009-03-20, 07:43 PM
Which character? I have 6 currently playing. Their current happenings include:
[4e] Charging an army of goblin minions
[4e] Resting after a mission
[4e] Blowing up a wizard's workshop with a bomb
[3.5] About to fight Ashlaradon
[3.5] In the gnoll king's tower
[3.5] Resting after a mission

alexeduardo
2009-03-20, 08:43 PM
resting with the Hobgoblin-Halfling guerrilla* before storming the castle

*The creation of which was the main campaign objective for some good three months of my life (can't complain, though)

Knaight
2009-03-20, 08:47 PM
Right now? Lying unconscious in a boat, while a flailing giant fish(that recently blew up an entire galleon with a tail swipe) flails towards it, complements of some highly explosive magic that didn't quite cut it.

chiasaur11
2009-03-20, 08:49 PM
Decomposing.

theMycon
2009-03-20, 08:49 PM
He's in a tower, between a portal to the negative energy plane & an unidentified evil water monster. There was a golem standing in a cloudkill, right behind a corner, at a chokepoint, with 4 wizards standing behind him (that's why the cloudkill). Rather than fighting, I hucked him into the negative energy portal.

I'm starting to realize it would've been a lot easier to trip him, jump over, then kill the wizards.

Thajocoth
2009-03-20, 08:52 PM
Lorendai "Lore" Quelaevin (Eladrin Wizard) is pretending to be part of a cult of Bane to get to their top guy.
Hank L. Biter (Halfling Rogue) is in some Illithid colloseum trying to escape with his Dragonborn friends.
Moorale (Dwarf Fighter) is decomposing. This is the soberest this Dwarf has ever been.
Struct (Warforged Artificer) is keeping watch over night for his new party of meatlings.
Mulvera Jr. (Eladrin Portalmancer, primary villain of a campaign I'm running) is performing arcane experiments in his tower.

comicshorse
2009-03-20, 08:57 PM
Giving thanks to Sune having just participated in a battle against the Calim army ( in which she had sworn just to heal and not fight even in her own defence) as part of a campaign to depose the ruler and install Calim's ancient, and recently reawakened, Genie ruler.

monty
2009-03-20, 09:15 PM
Five characters:

D&D (4):
First just came out of Undermountain, currently resting.
Second is in the middle of the Tomb of Horrors, currently "resting."
Third just fought some weird sand creatures while wandering aimlessly, currently resting. You know what? They're all resting. I'm going to stop saying that now.
Fourth is in a city, about to start the campaign.

Heavy Gear (1):
Just got the crap kicked out of him by some creepy guy in an abandoned factory, now heading south to a different salvage site.

Soniku
2009-03-20, 09:23 PM
No character since I'm the GM, but my party is currently all running as fast as they can possibly run after an accidental summoning of the demon dragon king, with the exception of the party witch who is breathless and thanking every deity regardless of alignment that she was still alive because said demon dragon king had beef with the also-present-in-the-astral-plane main villain.

Yukitsu
2009-03-20, 09:56 PM
3 are in perpetual game death limbo. One is busy trying to figure out if she met Lucifer or not (level 4, so I'm hoping I didn't) and the last is shooting rubber bullets at a comrade.

revolver kobold
2009-03-20, 10:04 PM
Caught in combat in the middle of the Candlekeep Library, after some ... ... ...things... appeared and attacked us, shortly after Legend Lore was cast on a symbol that is on the Elf Psions head. Knowledge checks failed to identify whatever these things are, but they are nasty.

Dhavaer
2009-03-20, 10:05 PM
Having a bath.

Glyde
2009-03-20, 10:13 PM
Three characters.

One's encased in stone through self-petrification to save the party from a wall-crush-trap thing (crowning moment of awesome, or rule 0 took precedence here.)

Another has just been teleported to a far off land after making a rather *large* hole in a building in Thay with a doomsday weapon.

Third is resting, half-worried about the Black Dragon his group angered half-worried about the blood war catching up to him.

Aron Times
2009-03-20, 10:13 PM
Argent: Actually on an adventure right now; MapTool is currently running.
Aron Times: Learning about Selune from the three hot priestesses of Selune in Westgate.

Starscream
2009-03-20, 10:15 PM
I'm DMing right now, but all the characters have just escaped prison after the guards were mysteriously knocked out and the cell unlocked, and they found a note tied to the keys telling them to meet someone somewhere in the woods. Next episode they encounter an emissary of the king who has a vital mission for them that only they can accomplish because as escaped prisoners the king can deny any knowledge or endorsement of their actions.

Yeah, it's one of those campaigns. The kind you could generate by combining TVTropes with some sort of random number generator (Say...). My players are all varying degrees of beginner, so I'm allowed to use cliches.

At least they didn't meet in a bloody tavern.

Jokes
2009-03-20, 10:23 PM
Gorl- Inspecting some indentations in a tower wall.
Aldrok (my avatar)- About to take a look around a flea infested barracks.
Doc - Following a telepathic pig to a baseball (?) stadium.

Assassin89
2009-03-20, 10:27 PM
Two 3.5 characters

Adwren Solignis (Human): In Elysium/ buried in a demiplane
Adwren Twinleaf (Half Elf): In a city on the astral plane about to depart to a mansion belong to a different wizard than his employer, who is named Prince Heward. Changed deity from Corelleon to Curthbert. NG to LN. Currently with a stonechild who intends to become a rogue, an illumian fighter and a warforged healer.

BizzaroStormy
2009-03-20, 10:50 PM
3 are in pre-game limbo, 1 is waiting for the others to notice him, another is waiting to go back to base with a shipment of donuts, and the last is asleep.

rgrekejin
2009-03-20, 10:57 PM
My 11th level 3.5 Woodelf Warlock, Azazel, is being held completely still with what I'm assuming is some sort of paralysis spell, in a room that nullifies all of his abilities to escape (like flee the scene). He is being held by a vampire wizard, who plans to transplant Azazel's magically extended lifespan into someone else using a self-researched spell. And none of that seems likely to change anytime soon.

Berserk Monk
2009-03-20, 11:06 PM
Well, my human druid just spent the last 5 (I think, could be 4 or 6) campaign meetings in a cave filled with human bandits, goblins, undead, a backstabbing cleric that nearly destroyed the cave thanks to the spell stone shape, ogres, and other monsters, then, upon leaving the cave, we were attacked in a thunderstorm by a horde of some twenty-thirty orcs, goblins, and ogres, complete with a battle with a land shark (Plus side, it did increase the damage dealt with the spell call lightning). We finally made it back to town at the end of the last meeting. Time to spend some of the 2,000 gp I made (and get vengeance on the cleric).

Gorbash
2009-03-20, 11:11 PM
My character and the group have just been spotted by a Rakshasa and a Fire Giant in a semi-alive tunnel of a skull shaped mountain.

He's preparing to roll for initiative and cast Black Tentacles.:smallbiggrin:

AdamSmasher
2009-03-20, 11:18 PM
Gresh was tracing the steps of a band of war-constructs that had attacked a city to try and figure out where they came from.

Baltor
2009-03-20, 11:22 PM
Sitting in a jail cell waiting to go on trial for being an accomplice to murder due to some poor decisions made by his partys druid.

ShadowFighter15
2009-03-20, 11:25 PM
My character is currently fighting for his life against zombies. Originally, we thought the walking sacks of rotten meat were going to eat a bunch of clergy members that had been chained to the wall. Turns out, the 'prisoners' are in cahoots with whoever raised the zombies. Oh, and one of our archers was knocked unconscious by a moving statue, two more of which are slowly making their way into the room with the zombies and cultists.

Random NPC
2009-03-20, 11:41 PM
I'm currently DMing a group in Eberron 3.5. The party consist of a Half-Elf Bard, a Human Warblade, a Halfling Rogue and a Gnome Illusionist.

They are doing Shadows of the Last war and they are about to enter Whitehearth to recover our McGuffin. They are pretty much without any healing (the place they are Cure Spells don't cure) and the only thing they have is the Warblade with Martial Stance and Crusader Strike for healing (took the feats).

Thespianus
2009-03-21, 01:08 AM
My character, the Rogue/Fighter/Focused Diviner (yes, I know.) and his party of merry adventurers are heading out to a fungus island, located in a large lake in the Underdark, to retreive some fungus-McGuffin for an undead information gatherer in the small town of Pedestal.

I'm sure some of you have played that module (out of respect for the DM and for the fun of gaming, I haven't looked up what module we're playing)

However, the party just realized that we might need to go Scroll-and-Wand-shopping before we head out. This is the first time our merry band encounters a decent town, and we really need some utility spells on scrolls, since we're just not very good at general casting. :)

Evil the Cat
2009-03-21, 01:16 AM
3 Games

#1) Having just returned the Gnome Diviner's staff to him, we're trying to figure out what to do about the angry green dragon whose hoard we took the staff from (along with anything else there that detected as magic) We were fighting the dragon when it used a ring with a wish to "Go back home to my parents" We're also concerned with the drow half fiend that just finished a ritual to gain Lolth's favor, despite us killing the priestess performing the ritual. (going back to town through the cave system so that the dragon couldn't find us had issues)

#2) (Dragonstar game) We're currently on an ice planet, owned by a green dragon corporation, and we just defeated the pack of winter wolves, unfortunately, the winter wolves were carrying radioactive materials, and were killed with a grenade. This will probably further anger the druid and sea elves who already don't want us coming into their area to recover the personnel/data from the ship that crashed.

#3) (The Game I'm GM) The party is hoping to fortify the village in the woods. This town used to be run by brigands, but the military group the PCs belong to is setting up troops there as an outpost, under the pcs command. There especially concerned, because after clearing the old townspeople out, and coming back after getting troops to station there the group was attacked on the path through the woods by an angry druid and his pack of dogs.

TheOOB
2009-03-21, 01:25 AM
Not playing D&D right now, GMing 7th Sea, but my party just finished exploring exploring the ruins of a long lost civilization, only to find out it was a high school.

Leon
2009-03-21, 01:32 AM
Razak Na'jzur - is in a Secret shielded valley looking for a artifact

Mikael of Torm - Is on our Elemental Ship plotting what to do about the (we think) Ancient White Wyrm that controls the area that we are visiting

Kargun Imrakson - is MIA

Demetrius - Is in Egypt doing something (Ive missed the last 2 sessions so i have no idea what the party have ended up doing)

Drake - Bleeding out in a forest clearing with the rest of the group and the smoking wreck of a Valkyrie

Eckert Applewhite - is sitting on a cart and hopping that they can make it to corvis without anymore trouble

Nightson
2009-03-21, 01:32 AM
My players just breached an ancient tomb looking for an artifact they need to retrieve for a lich the pissed off by killing one of his subordinates.

Galileo
2009-03-21, 01:33 AM
Character #1 is juggling oranges, and dropping some on another character's head. Character #2 is in pregame limbo, since our DM had stuff to do.

Eldariel
2009-03-21, 01:42 AM
Tamariel Amakiir, the famed Elven Warrior Mage, is fighting off a horde of the savage races almost all by his lonesome - preparing a new array of spells to annihilate yet another contingent as we speak.

Belegalad Alqualonde the Dervish is on a hunt for the Staff of the Magi - probably practicing his sword dance at this very moment outside the Netherese ruins that supposedly hold one of the said Staffs.

Peter Chuckson, a Sublime Way Ranger by profession, is riding through a forest to meet his yet-to-be-revealed employer. Right now, he's set up a camp by the edge of the forest and is most likely either fletching arrows or manufacturing poisons while handling the first watch.

newbDM
2009-03-21, 01:47 AM
Decomposing.

Same.

Although at least he is being carried home to his tribe and copper dragon master, by the tribe of kobolds he freed+recruited who are now on their way to serve his master.

So at least this one had a hero's ending. A first for me...

Hyooz
2009-03-21, 02:00 AM
Busily working on his retirement from the Ardent Dragon guild. His last adventure just was too much for an aspiring family man out adventuring to earn the money to buy a house and settle down. He stayed on longer than necessary, but a few close calls convinced him to take his earnings and settle down with his girlfriend and family.

Dacia Brabant
2009-03-21, 02:01 AM
Ariadne Dikaian, Paladin of Athena, is interrogating a couple of hired goons who assaulted the manor under her protection and murdered one of her student-followers. She's trying to remember her sacred vows while doing so.

Marcus Tertius Valerius, Knight-Captain of Mer'kah, is in the midst of a fight with a bunch of huge vermin sacking a city, one of which just poisoned him right after he recovered from being nauseated by another. And everything was going so well too.

Friedrich Rheinfeldt, buckler of swashes, is about to enter a door that just blew open in the basement of a (mostly) abandoned chapel. Since there was a scream from behind it and the party just beat up some skeletons, we think their master might be close.

I think all of them, even the Paladin, would very much like a drink right about now. :smallwink:

Cedrass
2009-03-21, 02:06 AM
He's in a magical tower, created by an long dead and forgotten Lich where he met some guy that told the party they were in some sort of experiment. We were hired to kill him, and he told us he'd kill himself if I agreed to "sign" a contract by holding his hand.

Then he died and transfered somekind of Shard inside me. I'll know next session what this is all about, or if this crystal is anything at all...

Mikeavelli
2009-03-21, 02:24 AM
Portalhopper, a member of PG-1 (Imagine Stargate SG-1. Now base it in Sigil, Planehopping.) - is currently in the ancient history of the Forgotten Realms, assisting a group of Netherese researchers with the recovery of a Nether scroll.

He also has some kind of older-than-time superbeing \ DMNPC living inside his head, an arrangement that would cause quite a bit more wangst if it weren't for the fact that Portalhopper and the DMPC are "Chaotic stupid" personalities that enjoy leaping face-first into danger at every opportunity.

Mystral
2009-03-21, 02:31 AM
Mystral Cloudshine, my Air Mephling Bard, is going on a shopping spree after successfully completing her last adventure.

Gillivane Silverstaff, a gnome summoner, is throwing magic missles at a ghul.

Magdalena Sondergaard, aka Ms. Mowz, a Mouse Shaman of Shadowrun, is visiting her parents to tell them she has grown a Tail because of SURGE.

Narenka the heretic, an ur-priest, is preparing to kill all gods (Campaign starts tomorrow)

Oracle_Hunter
2009-03-21, 02:36 AM
"Twitch" Alacaster (3.5 Human Rogue/Fighter/Streetfighter, retired) is currently running the reconstituted Longfingers Thieves' Guild in Ptolus. As cover, he's taken over the Church of the Fifty-Three Gods of Chance on the Street of a Hundred Gods and occasionally poses as the High Priest. He also has a barbarian bodyguard-for-life.

It was a complicated campaign :smallbiggrin:

Inyssius Tor
2009-03-21, 02:55 AM
Jack, headband-wearing sorcerer and magic-wielding clone of Spike from Cowboy Bebop, is frozen in time.

Koala DeVar, wizard of the first level, is frozen in time.

Nom de Guerre, renowned fighting-man of Vague, is frozen in time.

Anton, grumpy whaler and harpoonist-at-arms, is frozen in time.

Jack Arkham, human warlock and Dr. Strange fan, is frozen in time (after I remembered that I had apparently stolen the name and concept wholesale).

Quasit, a tiefling wizard of days long past, is decapitated. Her less interesting party, also played by me, is frozen in time.

Djelekh, githyanki wizard, is reduced to ash by a volcanic magma-thing (an act triggered by me, the new DM, to shuffle my character off the stage).

Locke, cocky lighting-genasi ranger, is frozen in time.

My games don't generally end. They just... stop.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2009-03-21, 02:59 AM
Vaajek - Just helped free the child of two demons in a primordial eberron.

An unnamed character(not actually unnamed, but he hasn't revealed his name to anyone) aka no. 3 - Currently in a van with his shadowrunning party, and there is a trapped ghoul in a cage in the back trying very hard to kill us, but is incapable of getting out.

Wyvern_55
2009-03-21, 03:34 AM
The PCs in the game I'm running are currently fleeing from the scene of a prison break. The town square is in flames and one of them is dead.

This is not an unusual set of circumstances.

E_Samurai
2009-03-21, 03:34 AM
The current villain of my campaign, Lucien Lachance the White King, is currently dragging himself, broken and bleeding, out of the wreckage of his two-mile-long airship which he had just crashed into my universe's equivalent of Yggdrasil.

Myou
2009-03-21, 03:36 AM
At the moment I'm DMing 3.5, my player is currently getting lucky with his best friend, the DMPC. xD

Zanticor
2009-03-21, 05:18 AM
My halfling Paladin is right now cooking a rabbit above an open fire. "If only we had some Potatoes!" :smalltongue:
My gnome illusionist is freaking out because his dreams are coming alive and beating the snot out of his friends.
My elven sorcerer is flirting with this disguised succubus and slowly turning evil (but my comrades still think she is an extra-planar warrior from Ysgard.

Zanticor

Tamburlaine
2009-03-21, 05:40 AM
Trying to get a gunshot wound treated while on the run from the FBI and the private organisation that gave him superpowers.

Zerg Cookie
2009-03-21, 05:45 AM
Stabbing a door
Seriously

Poil
2009-03-21, 06:03 AM
Running like heck out of the werewolf filled old castle ruin while praying to whatever gods are out there that the rest of the party can hold the ferocious beasts back long enough for her to escape. Oh, and hoping to avoid the husband of one of the other party members who was widowed when a werewolf tore the side out of his wife which may or may not have been my character's fault. :smallbiggrin:

The other characters are fine (except the one who died obviously) but mine doesn't know that, yet.

Drakefall
2009-03-21, 06:46 AM
In my 4E campaign my half-elf wizard valiantly lost his life while semi-defending a poor mountain village from an orc attack while the higher level patrons of the party were off being badass... I don't think anyone will miss him much as he was the only moral compass the party really had. At the end of the session my new character, a genasi fighter by the name of Zhann, came running into the village for no real reason and offered to join up with the group. He looks forward to engaging in glorious combat with some orcs shortly and is very curious about the unconscious eladrin in a wagon.

crazedloon
2009-03-21, 07:02 AM
Well it depends on which character :smallbiggrin:

Mira (Catachan Acolyte) - Fighting some chaos spawn zombies after being set on fire from a make shift explosive and being scared near ****less

Brother Librarian Lucius Egar - Attempting to get a drop pod online before the broken ship he is in violently reenters the atmosphere and kills all aboard (which is very few as the majority of the people on board got killed when the ship was split in two by an energy blast of ridiculous proportions)

Lazerus Mechanus (Good lich Abjuration master specialist) - being disgruntled at the group for waking him up and not having the courtesy to kill him (he has a death wish) and now having to fight an entire conclave of evil liches who have it out for him.

Savrelis Naïlo (fire elf factotum) - starting his first assignment in his dream job as a detective.

Nethanial Herim (human ninja) - being "escorted" rather violently and with many hostilities to the king after he killed the kings messenger and than killed the a captain of the guards horse in an escape attempt.

Unnamed (Changeling Spellthief/Chamelion) - Collecting bounties to augment his/her own coffers. Current bounty being the groups dwarven stonelord who has caused quite a bit of devastation to local cities.

DM (the game I am DMing) - The group is currently attempting to procure a soul to enter an information house to continue their unknown quest through the 9 layers of hell.

Ossian
2009-03-21, 07:06 AM
Not a player, but as a GM I run one-shots or brief solo adventures for a single PC played by a friend of mine. His near-human Force Adept 2 / Jedi Guardian 7 is trying toi find a rich trader that vanished into thin air on Coruscant.

Right now, he is wondering why the servants in his mansions were not droids but dark side reanimated corpses and why the heck did he have to lob the legs off the gorgeous twi'lek chick who was, incidentally, trying to do the same to him with a red bladed lightsaber. Plus, he is wondering if it is REALLY worth it to follow the trail that seems to lead, with coordinates and everything, to the damned Onderon planet....alone...

Radar
2009-03-21, 07:28 AM
Morrik (thief/sorcerer - not so gentelmen adventurer) with his druid and ranger friends is getting as far away from Sael Run as possible due to some misunderstandings with local thief's guild and we wouldn't want to give the city guards too much time to ponder on a few recent events (about which we obviously know nothing about!) as well. :smallwink:

Outside D&D there is a sort of a half-giant (who is a class of his own :smallbiggrin:), who is recovering after successfuly repeling a siege (well not on his own) and crafting wooden figures of his god to fill the time.

Galeheart
2009-03-21, 10:03 AM
Jeran Galeheart, Human Eternal Warrior, having completed his final task at the cost of eternal servitude to a council of ancient souls that enforce balance across the cosmos, is resting at his idyllic demiplane and awaiting a call to battle.

Fang, Gnoll Ranger, having finally defeated his father and disillusioning the Gnolls to Yeenoghu, is working as chieftain to unite and reform the tribes under Melora's guidance.

Aniya Naviara, Eladrin Wizard, is traveling with her party, with them more for the sights and treasure than the matter at hand.

Equani Skyhoof, Tauren Minotaur Shaman, is currently walking from the forest to his house, a small hut outside of the city of Greybrook. He hasn't adventured in 35 years, and his new campaign hasn't started yet.

Revan, Tiefling Avenger of the Raven Queen, is stalking through a festival, looking for a man whose life he intends to cut short.

Asharr, Dragonborn Paladin of Bahamut, is dead. He bravely held off an enraged Red Dragon in order to allow the rest of the party to escape.

Aelwyn Oldmoon, Elven Wizard, is dead, killed by a rather angry group of Bugbears.

Alek Kass, Human Fighter, died of his wounds shortly after defeating a Death Knight.

Number Nine, Warforged Ranger, is deactivated, dormant, or missing. He fell overboard and sank into the sea, and has yet to return.

Jonas Shadowvale, Half-elven Druid, is dead. He was hit by a Finger of Death.

These are my more memorable characters, some reaching back all the way to AD&D. I wish I could remember more, but I can't.

Rhiannon87
2009-03-21, 10:43 AM
Carawyn Rollack, gnome druid, is wandering the forests of the Dalelands with her panther Aggro, having rather abruptly ditched the party she was traveling with.

Jacinth Verrack, human paladin of Lathander, is camped out in the woods with a group that includes a holy liberator (who keeps insisting there is sexual tension between them), a CG cleric of Lliira (who she's slept with), a CN sorceress (who keeps hitting on her), a CN bard (who's technically dating the sorceress but keeps hitting on her anyway), and a NG elf wizard (who to Jacinth's mind is the only sane one in the group and thus is her BFF).

Alvera Drakeford/Kaspara Tovar, human rogue/fighter/spymaster, is resting in a cave south of Damara and trying not to have a nervous breakdown after having her cover identity blown, her boyfriend dumping her, dying twice in one week, and having a large number of assassins come after her, all the while getting messages from back home in Neverwinter from her handler telling her about Lord Nasher's great plans for the city, which involve an illithid wizard and a beholder ally. (That's actually the abridged version of her problems. Poor girl has issues.)

In the game I'm DMing, the party is getting ready to storm the barracks of the town guard of a very small, very boring town. They are making the leaders of the rebellion very nervous due to a discussion of plans involving a cart, barrels full of rocks, lantern oil, and alchemist's fire.

Narmoth
2009-03-21, 11:19 AM
while waiting to continue on his worldsaving quest (we need some more info that another character is getting) my paladin/turned blackguard/trying to redeem himself is getting obscenely drunk and considering hiring a prostitute

Saintjebus
2009-03-21, 11:26 AM
The Nameless Swordsman(yes, actually his name) is travelling to the next large city on our quest to save the world. We are exactly 2 days out of town, and have fought demons, dragons, wyverns, and treants in that time. One wonders how Sandpoint survived with all of these monsters right outside their gates....

Dienekes
2009-03-21, 11:34 AM
My groups (I'm GM) are either getting ambushed by elven scouts, while they're racing the army to warn the closest city, hopefully before the army gets there.

My other group is bring assassins that killed the prince, to the king to be judged. Moving to the capital, the group has wandered into a kobold village and Orcish raiders. They are being attacked all the while having to deal with several of the assassins proclaiming their innocence, and determining who was evil and if the prince deserved to die.

Ernir
2009-03-21, 11:49 AM
My Half-Orc Gorg is standing in front of the door of a burning tavern, holding high a greatsword. Waiting for those stinky shapeshifters to come out.

The Kobold Ix is on his way back to town, after participating in the slaughter of some Winterwolves.

Zenos
2009-03-21, 12:23 PM
Ahem:

D&D:
-Red-box campaign focused on slaying dragons (NE Human Bard): Negotiating with an invisible silver dragon who is "testing" the party, trying to get the damn thing to show itself. Also subtly insulting it.
-Worlds Largest Dungeon (True Neutral Human Warblade): Fighting off a swarm of rats, asking the spellcasters to use sorching hands on it.

Dark Heresy:
-Some kind of campaign involving our ship being sabotaged by people with eldar weapons to crash into a newly discovered planet, which we were originally supposed to scout out to see if they could be reassimilated into the Imperium (Imperial Worlder Cleric): Being unconcious, being the only one to fail toughness test. :smallfrown:

Some kind of homebrew system based on being the administrator of some kind of base against alien invasion, based on X-COM: Making my base in Ontario, Canada, and waiting for clearance to start operations.

KeresM
2009-03-21, 12:49 PM
In bed, plotting how to kill a fellow party member

Kobold-Bard
2009-03-21, 01:18 PM
3.5: Cleric/Radiant Servant - Basking in our victory over a demon that was corrupting the Temple of Heironious while our Paladin fixes his rended armour.

3.5: Warlock - Paralyzed by a Mind Flayer while my Ranger ally is knocked out. Hoping he lives long enough to become a Hellfire Warlock.

True d20: Adept: Attempting to gain help from a king because somehow despite having a Cha penalty and being completely senile I ended up as the parties representative. Will probably end in bloodshed (probably mine).

Monday DM 3.5: Mind Flayer Knight is seeking out his kidnapped Juvenile Copper Dragon Rogue companion. (Gestalt coz there's only two of them.)

Thursday DM 3.5: Heading to Death Rock to prevent a evel Necromancer from casting a spell that will wipe out all good dragons. (Story stolen straight from OOTS 639 and inverted.)

Froogleyboy
2009-03-21, 02:08 PM
What is your character doing right now?
Marijuana :biggrin:

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-03-21, 02:13 PM
Georg Redcrosse, Paladin 5/Fighter 2/Divine Crusader 1: Recovering from machine gun fire while escaping "re-education" at the hands of ancient constructs that claim to be older than the world itself. Preparing to make the necessary preparations for recruiting a smith to forge him a cold iron (which is in fact some ancient radioactive metal) longsword and mithral (which is in fact the aluminum from ancient beer and soda cans) full plate, as well as cleaning and taking care of the holy relics he has just recovered (Murlynd's Six-Shooters, a pair of revolvers.)

Ayreon Eld, Fighter 2/Cleric 1: Has recieved his squirehood in the Knights of Logres, and prevented a cache of ancient magic items from falling into the hands of non-magical people, and thus preventing a potentially dangerous unmaking. We're currently tracking Merlin (who was cursed to age backwards and is now a little boy) to South America. Also admiring my shiny new Periapt of Wisdom +2

Pelloth Umbralsun, Paladin 3: Traveling with whoever's in his party to wherever in Faerun they're headed next. Having travelled from The Gray Vale to Akanul to Impiltur to the East Rift and having all manner of weird adventures, he considers himself ready for anything (he's my 4e LFR character, so he gets around.)

ericgrau
2009-03-21, 02:14 PM
[3.5] Hanging out with a beholder DMPC who also wants to kill the LBEG.
[White Wolf] Kicking butt and taking names. Now that we have the names we need to find out where they live so we can deal with them.

Fishy
2009-03-21, 02:24 PM
Jodin The Wanderer, tore something in his ankle while kicking down a door, following a trail of blood. Unfortunately, it was the wrong door. He's now working on destroying the third door of his short life, though using an adamantine dagger this time.

Ylla the Maternal Technician has just discovered that she's not working for the people she thought she was working for. She is not angry: she's very, very disappointed.

Margana Sykes and the various voices in her head are nursing a hangover, acquired at a party thrown for her and the other Big Damn Heroes. She's also investigating the disappearance of several handsome men innocent townspeople.

Krane is trying to find lunch. Preferably 'fried meat on a stick'. Ideally without anyone recognizing her from the wanted posters.

Sir Julian Greenbond is trying to escape from prison, without the use of any of his psychic powers. It's not going well.

Shisezan, Dragon of the Middle Realm and Minister of Plumbing is at an office party and not having a good time.

Vinnie the Knife is blindly throwing thunderstones.

Jeananne Maximillian is surrendering.

Xin Irondotter is the coolest character I ever wrote, and she's caught in the limbo of a game that never actually started. So, you know what? She has a house in the Mror Holds, a diverse portfolio of consolidated low-risk investment funds, and a loving and devoted husband who isn't going to get stabbed. They're living happily ever after.

d13
2009-03-21, 03:37 PM
My character is now trying to make the DM agree to let him take 20 in a Knowledge (Geography) check, to work out where, in the name of Mielikki, are he and his party standing right now xD

Flabbicus
2009-03-21, 04:14 PM
Olbrecht Corvus- Currently he is aboard an airship that just breached a blockade of hostile troops without a snag. He's mulling over how to murder the king's regent of the 'good' kingdom which he is from because he was just told that the regent ordered the murder of the noble house he was serving. Oh yeah, he's also wondering how in the world our party is going to stop a power mad, high level, crazed religious Eladrin emperor in charge of the campaign's super-powerful Eladrin empire.
And he's probably wondering about the repercussions of destabilizing the floating island the party was on where we actually inadvertently brought the Big Bad to, who we then helped in his schemes accidentally by hastening the island's ultimate descent into the Abyss. He's also wondering who the spirit women who told him his prophecy really is, considering I asked the DM if she might be the Raven Queen and we all failed our religion rolls to find out.

Finally, he's wary of his Tiefling Artificer party member since he stared into the Abyss and we've already seen what happens to people who look into the Abyss....

BossMuro
2009-03-21, 04:40 PM
Mutants and Masterminds:
Otto Vandermar, aka The Rook is in space, having his superteam's ship boarded by an alien battlecruiser. He's limiting himself to slashing the invaders' laser rifles in half with his sword: As they didn't have the sense to bring real weapons, it would be unchivalrous to hurt them.

Werewolf, The Apocalypse:
Vic Baker, Glass Walker "Problem Solver" is in a light coma after breaking a tainted fetish key and being attacked by the Psychomachae inside. His dreams promise to be interesting.

Dhavaer
2009-03-21, 04:55 PM
Still in the bath, fighting a wererat.

Inhuman Bot
2009-03-21, 05:01 PM
In a 3.5 Iron kingdoms game, defending a manor with artillary from invading Cryxians and their Bonejacks.

TheCountAlucard
2009-03-21, 05:05 PM
In the Star Wars game I'm playing, Tykoga Raye has comissioned a droid to be built, and is having a meeting with his new underling.

msully4321
2009-03-21, 05:07 PM
Imsril, Human Wizard 7:
Hovering over the submerged city of Rhest, after helping kill a black dragon. Due to poor strategy, the fight was disastrous and our ranger died. I am now out of spells and about to warn my companions that my hawk familiar Nymeria has spotted a small force of Lizardfolk approaching us on rafts.

newbDM
2009-03-21, 08:15 PM
Marijuana :biggrin:

Scott? O.o

sonofzeal
2009-03-21, 08:25 PM
Lina Alesia is studying nature magic with Rabbitkin Druids.

Georgo Markus Drako Shammus Polyglotin Shem is writing posters to advertise the circus he's in.

Lockhart is picking fights in a hick town.

D'Cannith is exploring a Golem Graveyard.

Occasional Sage
2009-03-21, 08:33 PM
Drinking too much while trying to figure out her sexual identity; she's a het female, currently cursed to a male form in a manner I haven't been able to break yet. The role-playing has been lots of fun.

Graymayre
2009-03-21, 08:36 PM
(Modern Campaign) Samuel Whitepaw, Native American Doctor: Puzzling a way to get off of Isla Nublar (Jurrasic Park) while simultaneously creating a cure for zombification and trying to find more indian proverbs to say. (I am not kidding)

(3.5 generic setting) Clearock Tomepage, Paladin of Lawful Fair: Smiting a vampire sect that has taken over a dragon hideaway known as "Nightfang Spire".

(3.5 "D*ck Monsters Generic Setting") Hajar Sammesh, Druid of the Rolling Sands: Wild Shaped into a Fleshraker Raptor and grapple pinning a golem.

Talya
2009-03-21, 08:37 PM
My answer to the question is not appropriate for family-oriented boards.

newbDM
2009-03-21, 08:45 PM
My answer to the question is not appropriate for family-oriented boards.

That must be a lucky DM...

Leon
2009-03-21, 08:50 PM
From the Other side of the screen: my players are learning that making loud noises will be greeted with lots of Thralls, the Fell Caller has gone down hard and things are looking grim.

Case
2009-03-22, 02:37 AM
Deadlands: "Cookie" as he is called by the party, my mexican, cooking, shovel weilding, 5th level rowdy is currently celebrating killing a level 7 hukster vampire by impaling it on his shovel's handle from in his prison cell. Wouldn't you know it just finish off the vampires and then we get arrested by a posse made up of half the town.

Star Wars: Xol Kenyak my 7th level Kel Dorian soldier is exploring a dead planet inhabited by ghost-like figments with half the party while the other half is stuck in the ship unable to escape because we took some of the hyperdrive components with us when we left.

Champions (Lower Powered with Quirky Heroes): The Whaler is currently getting ribbed something feirce by the rest of the party for getting beating up by a group of cheerleaders. In my defence I was the first one there and I had to fight about 20 cheerleaders exposed to a super-soldier serum that also made them all go crazy and my character might hit like a freight train but his accuracy is almost nill.

Champions (High Powered): The Doctor hasn't yet made his debut. He's probably toiling away in his lab though.

Mutants and Masterminds: Philip Marlow the magic weilding hero is celebrating with the rest of the super hero team after finally winning a fight against the main villian, and temporarily crushing his organization.

Real Action Hero (a homebrewed game): Yet to be named character is getting prepared to break into a prison to rescue the party. They are traped in a maximum security prison, without weapons, full of people they put in, because of a disgruntled computer programer who hacked the system causing it to release all prisoners and shut down all exits during its public unveiling.

DnD 3.5: Marcus Black level 1 Ranger/ 2 Fighter, currently sneaking out the back of the local tavern after winning a bar fight that the female spell caster started by telling all the drunken sailors that she'd "Only date the winner." Oh and plotting his revenge on said mage for hitting him with debuffing spells during the brawl to "Make the fight more interesting." Yeah that should be an interesting date...

DnD 4th ed: Komiro my Eladrin rogue is currently at a bar using some of his classic pick up lines on anything with a pulse and two legs. Such classics as "Hey there pretty flower," and "How you doin?"

Froogleyboy
2009-03-22, 02:39 AM
Scott? O.o

who?

(post to short etc.)

Seatbelt
2009-03-22, 02:59 AM
At this exact instant, my 14th level Gish has just finished slaughtering a group of weak drow mages onboard a giant walking artifact of Lolth that resembles the huge spider from that sh*tastic movie with Will Smith, Wild Wild West. It's the vangard of a drow army tunneling towards the surface and we snuck in. Now we have to kill it.

Suleman
2009-03-22, 05:35 AM
Gengrim, 4e dwarf fighter: Unravelling the mystery of an ancient prophecy, helping a city recover from a war, wondering what to do with a horde of street urchins that he suddenly gained custody over, coming to terms with the death of his foster parent, hearing strange voices when close to machines and devices (preparing to become a techno-shaman Yes, a techno-shaman, you got problems with that?).

Kris Strife
2009-03-22, 06:09 AM
One is in post campaign limbo, another is in not selected limbo and the third is in fluff work and waiting to be chosen limbo...

On the plus side, they all rolled -20s on their how low can you go rolls.

Samakain
2009-03-22, 06:34 AM
1) Jarlittle Monkeytail -(Halfling Rouge/Swordsage 3.5) currently trying to prevent the breaking of the 3rd of 4 seals keeping a demonic army from overrunning a small island kingdom. Currently heading to the section of the island ruled by a vampiric sorcerer warlord and his hideous vampire army. All of which so far have been bearly dressed extremely attractive women with Russian accents. The rest of the party has paid to have a permanent spell cast on Jarlittle that keeps him mute, and he is no longer allowed to approach the seals as he broke the first 2 by accident. : ( He's running with half-fae crusader/dragonshaman, a ruby knight vindicator, a druid called crusher and a ranger called Didja Bringatinnyalong. --.--

2) Jane Copperhead - (Human Artificer - Canrith, Eberron - 3.5) Hunting down a hobgoblin artifact in the gray mountains and helping a member of the kings citadel track down a Doraam war band meeting up with a band of the criminal organization is sharn whose name i forget now. Thinking theres a eldritch machine in the caverns. Even more curious is that i've seen people from the Canrith house entering and exiting the caves....thinking there might be a creation forge. Doraam warband/organization seem to be planning to raid it. Theres a warlock named Diz, a warblade named Steve and a Rogue/Sorcerer named Jim.

3) Mona Sastenbury - (Human Adept - Shadowrun - 4th Ed) About to kick in the door to a corp compound for an extraction.

CthulhuM
2009-03-22, 07:55 AM
Dusty, the rather out-to-lunch 4th level human dread necromancer, is marching across an earthberg toward a small frontier town on Ysgard, looking for a quick way to get down a layer or two, or maybe back to Sigil, or anywhere really. Whatever works.

Shal, the mildly insane 8th level arcane hierophant, is cultivating some magical trees his group just brought back from an expedition to post-apocalyptic New Jersey (after following the "directions" found in a copy of The Lorax). Also, learning how to ride his bear, and trying to figure out exactly how he made it absorb his familiar.

And the party in my 3.5 campaign is about to try and figure out where a MBEG is hiding out by beating the information out of/some sense into a planetar he's duped into acting as his lookalike/adventurer bait. It's gonna be ugly.

mistformsquirrl
2009-03-22, 08:07 AM
Sadly all the games I was in have closed <;_;> well except the two I had to quit a loooong time ago for personal reasons.

That said, I have the power of IMAGINATIONTRON <,< (because adding -tron makes everything better)

So I'd my say catgirl Warblade is probably snoozing. It's too early to get up and adventure she says >.> lazybones.

newbDM
2009-03-22, 10:34 AM
who?

(post to short etc.)

My bad.

I thought you were a player from my group.

ShadowFighter15
2009-03-22, 05:46 PM
Quick update on my character; either one of the female cultists is trying to recruit my character, or is hitting on him. :smallconfused:

The perils of 14 Charisma. :smalltongue:

Project_Mayhem
2009-03-22, 05:56 PM
Blake, my Gangrel (VtM), has just arrived at a ball in his coterie's honor, after they defeated the last of the Sabbat in England. He is feeling very awkward, as his experience of Ventrue-organised social events is nil, and he worries he will screw up some social rule and embarass his Toreador friend Anna. Also, he knows that a Gangrel Archon is about to very publically resign half way through, in response to discrimination about the members of the clan who remain in the Camarilla.

Basically, Blake would prefer another round with the Tzimisce.

Obscurejones
2009-03-23, 10:53 AM
Neville is dreading the terrifying source of a green fire.
Mordachi is resting of divine negotiation.
Thokk/Ares is trying to stab a scorpion in the eye.
John is drinking himself into oblivion.

Thanatos 51-50
2009-03-23, 11:56 AM
Jorden Saalak (4e Shadar-kai Rogue ) has just returned to his Party's Base city to find the Legion Hall destroyed by the MDPC getting in some sort of scuffle. Evidence suggests He was eventually overcome and captured.

After meeting with his contact in the [S]Thieve's Rogue's Guild, he brought the party to meet their employers (who, until then, had remained anonymous to everyone else besides Jorden.)
After bringing the party to meet him, the aforementioned contact dropped the Rogue's Guild passphrase as a threat, drew weapons and attacked, as the three lackies with him followed suit.

One would assume (as we haven't yet rolled for initiave) that Jorden is reaching for his rapier and dagger, scanning the area, and trying to locate an appropriate area to teleport to.
And deciding whether it'd be less dangerous to tangle with the dual dagger-wiedling contact in melee or ranged combat.

Ossian
2009-03-23, 12:29 PM
Follows from page 3...

Zephrael, Force Adept / Jedi Guardian, just came back from an unplanned trip to Korriban where he found out that sometimes you just need a better reason to do something that dumb. Rewarded with a neat Sith Holocron and a Sith Sword, he simply had to politely ask:

a flock of darkside mutated big birds
a killer weed that burst out of the rocky ground toppling their rover
a dark side force using Kraken with lightning running along coupled tentacles
a hybrid between the guy they were supposed to find and bring back and a wicked ghost sith lord (as in, a real sith)

The hybrid went down thanks to a cheap cheap cheap and dumb lucky crit with top damage, but the kraken scared the c**p out of them. They managed to flee the area only by force-tossing their rover in his gaping mouth. Sweet....

Diagoras
2009-03-23, 02:50 PM
(3.5, 25th level gestalt lich philosopher/monk) Defending the northern reaches of his empire while planning an expansion to the east. Unfortunately, there are some damn paladins/clerics in the way.

(3.5, 14th level sorceror) Helping an invaded country organize an insurgency, mainly by training their tiny amount of casters. Gonna be fun...

(3.5, 15th level swashbuckler) Being Piratey, mainly in trying to get the hell out of a lava-filled exploding cavern.

(SAGA, 12th level soldier/assassin) Being fixed up by the ship's medical droid, after getting shot at by Mandalorians. Plasma hurts.

(3.5, DMing) Every Mechanist, Hammerite, and Pagan in the city is looking for the PCs. Good fun. Anyone play the Thief games? That setting, 100 years onward.

(d20 Future, DMing) PCs are desperately trying to escape from a bulk freighter before its fusion plant goes critical. Also there are wonky security robots and zombified crew. Also good fun.

(3.5, DMing) PCs are trying to track down a composite maggot person in a very strange plane...

Gamiress
2009-03-23, 03:19 PM

Aleksandr, "Alex", Human Telepath - In a mausoleum underneath an elven city, keeping quiet about the fact that he's not an NPC Expert. The campaign world is not friendly to Psions, in a burn the witch sort of way.

Scott Flintwick, Halfling Rogue - Escaping from prison during an attack on the city, forever and ever because the game died.

Gamiress, "Gam", Elf Rogue - Looking for information about the magical disease that nearly wiped out Waterdeep and is slowly claiming the party paladin (ironically, the only member of the party she's really fond of), forever and ever because the game died.

Jabir Khalil Abd-Al-Latif, "Jack", Human Sorcerer - Not sure? Stuck in a weird sort of limbo between adventures.

Aleksandr "Alex", Human Telepath - AU version of the first character, created so as not to waste the concept when that campaign went on a year long hiatus. Held captive by the bad guys, being tortured into submission so they can use his powers for reasons heretofore unknown.

Neertel Barrindar, Drow Swordsage - Demonstrating to Edwin Tolstoff that retrograde amnesia won't save his wormy ass from a good underdark style kicking. Teach him to mess with the head of an angry Drow.

VtM

Noel LeFevre, Toreador - On his way to the airport, bitching on his cell phone to his sire that the only reason he got asked to go was so that the Camarilla could look wonderfully tolerant and that neither side can afford to bicker right now (he's an Anarch, and the city was just hit by a massive Sabbat attack. The Camarilla and Anarchs have to play nice for a bit, and the Prince is milking that for all it's worth)

Manave_E_Sulanul
2009-03-23, 05:39 PM
Henry Jonathan York (3.5 Combat Rogue/Fighter/Warblade/Monk/Swordsage) is taking a well deserved break in an unfortunately xenophobic elf town. Trying to unravel the secrets of being the chosen one, finding your evil sister, and tracking down the one man who can take you to the gates of the underworld to rescue your beloved is hard work. Especially when it involves killed blue dragons.

gibbo88
2009-03-23, 07:24 PM
Cade Darkthorn (DND 3.5, Halfling Ranger/Commander) Is currently leading a strike force into a Formian hive to kill the Queen and save a caravan of PC races. Also currently struggling with his complete understanding the reasons behind the Formians attack on the caravan. Also trying to deal with a illiterate hunter (Aka 10,000BC), a bimbo druid and his very chaotic neutral brother.

Dhavaer
2009-03-23, 07:44 PM
Wrestling (naked) in a bath with aforementioned (naked, female) wererat and the parties' (naked, female) paladin. The (naked, female) ard has just joined them in the bath, but isn't grappling. If the wererat hadn't just missed stabbing her in the breast, she'd probably be quite enjoying herself. :smallwink:

newbDM
2009-03-23, 07:47 PM
Quick update on my character; either one of the female cultists is trying to recruit my character, or is hitting on him. :smallconfused:

The perils of 14 Charisma. :smalltongue:

I have had characters 19+ Cha, yet that never happened to them.

Much like my real life I am afraid. :smallannoyed:

ShadowFighter15
2009-03-24, 04:23 AM
Wrestling (naked) in a bath with aforementioned (naked, female) wererat and the parties' (naked, female) paladin. The (naked, female) ard has just joined them in the bath, but isn't grappling. If the wererat hadn't just missed stabbing her in the breast, she'd probably be quite enjoying herself. :smallwink:

Needless to say, a bit of elaboration would be welcome. :smalltongue:

Dhavaer
2009-03-24, 05:57 AM
Needless to say, a bit of elaboration would be welcome. :smalltongue:

OK.

The entire party was in a bathhouse, following up a tip from a pair of revolting informants. The bathhouse was gender-segregated apart from the saunas, which only a few of the men were using; the rest of us were still in the first bath. Then the attendants, except for the owner, all turned into wererats. In the process of turning into her hybrid form, the female tepidarium's attendant shredded her dress. She then jumped into the bath and stabbed the duskblade before being grappled and dragged away by the paladin. The duskblade hit her with a ray of enfeeblement and joined the grapple. Meanwhile, the bard had run into the changerooms to grab some weapons, and was attacked by the bathhouse's owner. She ran out into the bath again and jumped in (the owner was in armour, and so probably couldn't swim well.

oxybe
2009-03-24, 06:40 AM
my 3rd ed group: travelling in the underdark, near death (well, i am. saved solely by my acid resist 5) & near a town. currently traveling to destroy a troglodyte "evil item that will bring about world destruction, maybe" manufacturing plant. i wouldn't be so hurt if not for our cleric being away all month. he's back and should be there this Wednesday.

my 4th ed group: just finished acquiring an item stolen from a collector by a group of duegar slavers, planning on pressing forwards in their compound and free the slaves. we just gained a new member for the party, a doppelganger bard with similar intentions (well, retrieving the item anyways).

Dhavaer
2009-03-24, 08:04 AM
Now she's holding the wererat's head under the water.

opheliagonemad
2009-03-24, 02:36 PM
3.5 game: Ka'lli'sha, human druid, is helping to build a criminal empire based on brothels, piracy, and orphan thieves in the hopes that it will eventually collapse society/civilization and the rule of the reptiles will eventually come. Too bad there's some stupid demonic curse that's killing all the wildlife and turning people into tentacle monsters, interfering with said criminal empire. At least she got to kill the guy who was stealing all of her lizard friends.

4e game: Yvala, tiefling rogue, is hanging out in Hestavar with the rest of the Order of the Rampant Dragon in the hopes that they can get clues on where all the good and neutral deities have gone now that they have rescued the avatar of Bahamut. Trying to teach the other members of her (all-female) party the value of flirting, innuendo, and scanty clothing in obtaining information. Being fascinated by being in a place with many religions, and not just the State Cult of Asmodeus, which she was never all that into anyway, but she likes having a head. Wondering if there is a goddess of hedonism in her world. On the run from her homeland for killing the minor noble who wanted to enslave her, just because she was using him for his money. Learning to use a rapier. Enjoying baths, real beds, and food that is not apple or meat pies.

Sallera
2009-03-24, 03:53 PM
DMing a 3.5 game; the party is in the kitchen of a gnomish fort that they're clearing out for a band of (rather surprised) kobolds. The sorceress is standing on the ceiling (slippers of spider climbing), the cleric's standing five feet in the air (air walk), the monk's on the floor, and the barbarian just took a double crit from a power attacking fighter and is lying dead on the ground for the second session in a row. (I thought I'd toss a falchion-wielding fighter with imp. crit. at them... after a couple rounds of missing horribly, he ended up being somewhat -too- effective.)

Ravens_cry
2009-03-24, 06:02 PM
My human fighter Barney is waiting for the Silence spell to wear off that the enemy cleric cast on him, while the rest of the group tries to figure out what the heckles cakes to do about the large group of baddies in the small room.

Paramour Pink
2009-03-24, 06:26 PM
Celia is getting ready to fight zombies and other horrors next to all the other strangers that find themselves in Ravenloft. :smalleek:

Cherrina is heroically firing arrows into fire elementals from behind the safety of an old orc and a dragonwrought healer. :smallbiggrin:

darkriku2000
2009-03-24, 06:39 PM
Waiting for the adventure to start (starts saturday)

late for dinner
2009-03-24, 06:48 PM
My 4.0 Gnome Wizard is currently spending most of the parties gold on tons of components for the fireworks ritual in PHB2 so he can celibrate life.

My WOD Vampire Hitman Barney is curently thankful that he did not get downed in the last battle, cause with a humanity 3, he would have been out for a decade...oh and he is arming himself to take on the Sun

I am inbetween adventures right now. We just finished a quest in both games

Rhiannon87
2009-03-24, 07:14 PM
Celia is getting ready to fight zombies and other horrors next to all the other strangers that find themselves in Ravenloft. :smalleek:

Just out of curiousity-- the Ravenloft campaign setting, or the Expedition to Castle Ravenloft campaign module? One of the games I'm in recently finished with the latter, so I'm always curious to hear about other people's experiences in that hellish valley of Barovia.

Update on my dear Alvera Drakeford (see page 2), having survived a 23 to 6 fight, a couple of boatrides, and that nervous breakdown that kept threatening to happen, she has now reached Sembia and is standing in the art gallery of the party wizard's cousin. The cousin specializes in erotic wood carvings, something which the wizard failed to mention to any of us. Hilarity is bound to ensue.

Colmarr
2009-03-24, 11:27 PM
Taking a guided tour of the Seven-Pillared Hall led by the son of a childhood friend.

Nerd-o-rama
2009-03-24, 11:36 PM
Rin (D&D 3.5: Eberron with Giant Robots) is demanding to know where her custom paint job is, and is probably about to have another random encounter aboard an airship. Somehow.

Erik (Cthulutech: Aeon War 1) is interviewing a total REMF stooge for a position in his mech squad, after his previous wingmen's players quit.

Tara (M&M 2e: Mobile Section 34) is waiting on her squad leader to look up the Sunder rules, and then shredding another set of mecha mooks into ribbons. Meanwhile, her rival is cheating on her with other PCs.

Greg (Changeling: The Lost: unnamed campaign) is investigating his superior in the Freehold, based mainly on her attitude and his ridiculous levels of paranoia even for a Changeling. Also freaking the hell out because he ran into a True Fae last session and failed to stop his extremely ambiguous evil plan.

Magentawolf
2009-03-25, 11:29 AM

Mmm.. naked, wet, slippery wererats... :smallredface:

Kyrill Istra - My 10th level Psychic Warrior was juuuust a little too close to that mummy lord when the sorcerer's fireball went off. She's currently nursing a grudge, as well as a few painful burns.

Yukitsu
2009-03-25, 01:21 PM

I'm reminded of the bath house scene in Gurren Laggan. I almost wonder if the similarity is intentional.

Egiam
2009-03-25, 02:39 PM
DM'n Eberron, 4th level.

Two of them are turned to stone (ala my thread on stone turning). The rest just straped them down on their horses and are continuing on the road. They come into town tonight (in-game).

Dhavaer
2009-03-25, 07:24 PM
Mmm.. naked, wet, slippery wererats... :smallredface:

Now exploded wererat. The DM ruled I could channel Shocking Grasp and cast Blade of Blood on my grapple attempt, and the wererat could take the heat. Unfortunately, she got in another bite before she died, so now my character is a naked, wet, slippery wererat.

SoD
2009-03-25, 07:39 PM
Silas Mana is yet to come into existance, I guess. Campaign hasn't started yet, but I guess he's currently doing everything he can to stay alive. Nothing says NE like an Abjuror willing to do anything to survive, eh?

Xuincherguixe
2009-03-25, 08:04 PM
I'm in two play by post games.

In one, I'm the goodly good god of goodly good good good. I'm proposing to the god of life that really when things reincarnate they should get a fair trial, and suggesting that good and evil are pretty subjective terms. (Hey, understanding, freedom of expression, and Miranda rights are important qualities in goodness!)

In the other, I'm playing a shape shifting maid in the old republic era. It was looking like I rolled Frank Miller's Barbie but I'd like to think I managed to subvert it into something that into something that isn't so deeply offensive and unplayable. It's still pretty offensive, but at least it has some depth. The game is still waiting to start, and I can't wait to see what kind of a farce it turns out to be.

Fjolnir
2009-03-25, 09:20 PM
taking lessons currently in certain things, am trying to figure out how best to come up with information that the fighter claims is unimportant but I think is fairly crucial to what we need to do: is the current possible BBEG making deals with just the monster races in our local area (the whole thing started with the orcs and such coming out of the mountains for the first time in a long time and ended with the one of the local major cities stabbing the other in the back when they came in to reinforce them) OR is he working with the fairly new to the scene monsters from another realm (some sort of shape changing insectoids, no idea if True Seeing works on them or not[rogue]) the presence of someone pretending to be the ruler is potentially damning but we have no clue whether or not dopplegangers exist OR if the insectoid things can change to look like specific people or if there's just like "elf 1-12m/f, human 1-12m/f, etc" the fact that I want to try to figure out what's going on and the fighter is looking for something to kill is part of the issue

Enguhl
2009-03-25, 09:47 PM
Moorale (Dwarf Fighter) is decomposing. This is the soberest this Dwarf has ever been.

Not true, the dwarf is simply fermenting.

Gelondil
2009-03-26, 12:34 AM
Hayden (3.5)
...is deep underground. Currently rescuing some half-naked dwarven prisoners from the inner sanctum of the encounter's BBEG(?), and generally chilling, while our party front-man finishes his 8-hour dirt nap, having been drained to unconsciousness by the sentient sword we were sent to recover.

<unnamed> (Rolemaster)
...is in an old mining cave. Retreating to the surface after determining that the cave we are in has many more orcs and goblins than our small level 2 party can deal with.

Edwin (Pendragon)
...is between bouts at the yearly jousting tournament held during pentecost.

VelvetThunder
2009-03-26, 05:27 AM
Trying to convince a Temple of Pelor to build us a Holy Scabbard so we can carry around a cursed dagger.

Quincunx
2009-03-26, 06:23 AM
Tzimfemme (The Pen is Mightier than the Sword) eavesdrops on the Nine Hells. Without blood to power the spell, it hasn't been working--until a few days ago. This delay was a problem, as while she was plugged into the underworld, a siege army has appeared to the south of the Pen Keep.

Tzimfemme (this board) manipulates self-made empowered blood, now purified of the purification. It works for almost all of the neglected dark powers, with the sad exception of fleshcrafting.

Rydia (EverQuest) has gone shopping for dragon hatchlings.

Minta (The Pen is Mightier than the Sword) can't figure out what's wrong with her Othereyes device. Either someone else is lookin' out through them right now or the person is actually tryin' to use his own brain for once. Sure somebody is besieging the place but this is _important_!

Minta (EverQuest) prepares a fresh dropcloth with carbon powder in order to make imprints of the parts of Sixton the robopuppy as it falls apart. She's got lots of them already but everyone else tries to scoop them up so she can't get to them 'cause they're scaredy of a giant bristling rusty squeakin' ridable robopuppy clomping around the guildhall but they're a bunch of unappreciative non-tinkergnomies.

Magentawolf
2009-03-26, 10:32 AM
Unfortunately, she got in another bite before she died, so now my character is a naked, wet, slippery wererat.

That's even better. :)

V'icternus
2009-03-27, 08:53 PM
Well, this is what my 4e character is doing. He's a Tiefling infernal Warlock, and he's taking a well-earned break after saving the Dwarven Fighter and Dwarven Paladin from certain doom as the hands of a giant beetle of some kind whose AC was too high for them. (Which is why he killed it in one attack, and got the only magical item in the dungeon)

My 3.5 charcter (Half-elf Cleric) is currently wallpaper, after the Half-Orc Barbarian raged. *Splat*

CyberRebirth
2009-03-27, 10:17 PM
OK.

The entire party was in a bathhouse, following up a tip from a pair of revolting informants. The bathhouse was gender-segregated apart from the saunas, which only a few of the men were using; the rest of us were still in the first bath. Then the attendants, except for the owner, all turned into wererats. In the process of turning into her hybrid form, the female tepidarium's attendant shredded her dress. She then jumped into the bath and stabbed the duskblade before being grappled and dragged away by the paladin. The duskblade hit her with a ray of enfeeblement and joined the grapple. Meanwhile, the bard had run into the changerooms to grab some weapons, and was attacked by the bathhouse's owner. She ran out into the bath again and jumped in (the owner was in armour, and so probably couldn't swim well.

I have to say, this is freaking awesome.

Coidzor
2009-03-27, 11:45 PM
Well, Trella, the unknown-gendered human rogue just convinced her party of 3rd level characters to haul two gnomish suits of half plate and full plate armor up to the surface and out of the abandoned undercity beneath the sewers in order to sell them and is then going shopping with the rest of the party to see if we can outfit ourselves more appropriately since we didn't go shopping since 1st level. He's especially looking to get a pair of dastana and maybe a mithral chain shirt if she can.

Fordham Havershift, male human, 8th level Fighter-Rogue is currently on his way to fight a Huge+ Red Dragon that just destroyed a gatehouse during the siege of some city or another that the Red Hand of Doom wants to destroy utterly for some reason or another.

Vincente Sunglory, male human, 3rd level Cleric of Pelor is currently scaling an abandoned lighthouse in order to figure out why it was abandoned after having slain a green hag, a grig, and a small group of ghouls with the rest of his party in investigating the disrupted shipping of a port city.

And my last character who was mostly a test character for a campaign world, male human, is a pudgy, almost comically so 7th level artificer who got mistaken for a very, very tall gnome once or twice. And he's currently on his way with a bunch of pseudo-romans to stop a mad druid who wants to hunt down a demigod using a magical plague that is incurable and strikes everyone who doesn't have the blessing of a diety running through their veins. Because he wants to eat a demigod's heart in order to become an epic level gestalt class of some sort in some kind of ritual.

Recaiden
2009-03-27, 11:49 PM
One is plotting to kill a god.

Another is being a prisoner on a space ship - like a galley slave.

The third is trying to stop the town from being destroyed by devils.

KatfishKaos
2009-04-02, 04:55 AM
My Lich wizard is currently buried 1 foot underground as the were-cougar of the group is trying to keep the rest of me safe whilst my head was crushed by an epic level DMPC... Just before that small scene, we've been roaming around a kingdom making truces with the races of the entire planet because if we don't band together the gods are going to re-make the planet, ah the fun of becoming a good character because of neccesity (before we weren't that important (in the actual story line), and just played the ever loving "He looked at me funny:smallfurious:" *burns city down* "So worth it *as the guards chase after us*"

Dhavaer
2009-04-02, 05:14 AM
Well, I got out of the bath to attack the bathhouse owner with a shocking grasp, but he had some kind of mental breakdown and got punched out by the paladin before I got use it, so now I'm wandering around the bathhouse, still naked, because putting on clothes would discharge my spell, and I don't want to lose it.

AslanCross
2009-04-02, 05:34 AM
Flamberge Two (Warforged Fighter 2/Warblade 4, Eyes of the Lich Queen,Eberron) is currently on a ship sailing out of Adderport in Q'Barra, bound for Port Verge in the Lhazaar Principalities. He and his fellow adventurers had just plundered the temple of Kha'Shazul in the jungles of Q'Barra, uncovering the story of a strange Draconic artifact known as the Dragon's Eye.

He is currently the only Warforged in all of Eberron with a dragonmark, thanks to the effects of this part of the Draconic prophecy being set into motion.

Aetheldreda Ovierdo (Human Paladin of the Silver Flame 8/Swordsage 10, one-shot of Prisoner of the Castle Perilous, Eberron campaign) is currently in Flamekeep, helping her mentor and "old man," the elf Silver Flame Pyromancer Ariavel Iareth (my other character for this adventure, Wizard 5/Cleric 1/Silver Flame Pyromancer 5/Geometer 3/Fatespinner 4) keep High Cardinal Krozen's pedophilic hands off Jaela Daran. I swear, playing in a game where the Silver Flame clergy actually act like this (http://eberroncomic.blogspot.com/) is rather creepy.

Aetheldreda survived the final battle against Acererak the Devourer (three delayed blast fireballs and a Balor's death throes exploded within 10 feet of her), but was unfortunately unable to do much.

Ariavel is currently studying Acererak's three blessed books worth of spells when he isn't preventing cantankerous old divine caster perverts from taking advantage of the the Keeper of the Flame.

Ariavel blew Acererak to kingdom come with an Explosive Empowered Energy Admixed [Fire] Maximized Smiting fireball, then dealt with Ace's summoned Balor with a power word stun and a Sacred Flame (deals sacred damage instead of fire) Maximized orb of fire. The Balor's death throes fried him, but the party was able to reverse the polarity of Acererak's soul machine and brought him back to life. (He was the only one who could cast plane shift anyway)

Kaiyanwang
2009-04-02, 05:48 AM
The party I'm DMing is wandering in The Scar, sorta biiiig canyon placed in the froze wastes of the north, result of an ancient war between a powerful Demilich and mighty epic heroes of the past (PCs of the previous epic campaing).

Facing from skeletal warriors to entombed, the party is wandering searching for an ice flower, an artifact demanded by two white sisters (a snow and an ice weird) living in the Scar. They explored the remains of the ancient epic battle (one of the mini-dungeons was a dead Xixecal).

They have to watch out from Blackclaw, a mad winterwight (flee on sight) and Blizzard, a white dragon looking from the flower himself, but not aggressive with the players AT THE MOMENT (hey saved his half-frost giant half dragon son, and Blizzard have a lot of care for his widespread brood).

They want to recover a sword fragment, they discovered owned by Lord Lothar, a death Knight (un)living in the east part of the Scar. Time will say who will take the firts fragment of "A Wind Kissed Blade", maybe crafted by Wind Dukes of Aaqa.

Drascin
2009-04-02, 05:58 AM
My playing character, right now, is failing horribly at life by virtue of a string of pathetic rolls - against a boss I might add, to add injury to the insult (yes, I chose the order of that right. I think there is going to be much injury in my near future :smallsigh:).

My party in the campaign I'm DMing... has just traveled to another universe (the campaign is a multiplanar M&M game that spans pretty much everywhere ever), and started scavenging a mysterious tower, where they have found a wealth of dangerous gargoyles, constructs, and elementals... and a completely lost squad of Prinnies that nonetheless have proved surprisingly useful both as attack aids and emergency weapons :smallbiggrin:.

mikej
2009-04-02, 06:22 AM
Limbo, been wanting to include myself in a new campaign, but holding off until I find a better job and get a good idea of the days off. Don't want to get all excited about a potential character, then be stuck working while everyone else is still playing ::smallfrown:

The Deej
2009-04-02, 08:15 AM
Glim (spellthief/unseen seer) is currently wondering how the @#$% an entire city can vanish without a trace, not to mention seem as though it had never been there in the first place. Also, still getting used to his new body: Reptilian Orc. Best reincarnation ever. (previously Gnome => Kobold => Human)

Blackfang108
2009-04-02, 08:37 AM
Each active Character, in order of creation.

Me(3.5 Epic):Trying to procure food to feed two kingdoms. Attempt begun due to having my food rationed.

Mindarthis Silverburg (4e lvl 5): Preparing to journey to the current country's chapel of the Raven Queen, in order to report the presence of a Dracolich, and to gear up for the fight.

Lazam Stringer(4e, lvl3 LFR): Making that "come on, pick up the controller" motion, as I've been AFK for a while.

Lucretia Silverburg(4e, LFR/Main Campaign guest, Sister of above): Praising Tempus.

gabado
2009-04-03, 12:53 AM
Gabo silvernook II (4e 1st level): curently in a dungeon run by a friend to the one I am running now.

Sovelous "specter" larithian (4e 6th level): fighting to take down an evil dragon, atempting to use a broken piece of an evil magic stalf to craft an ultimate kingdom.

Augi son of the fallen ( 3.5 8th level): stopping a semingly unstopible force from takeing the farm lands in the surrounding areas.

But mostly I DM.

Myatar_Panwar
2009-04-03, 01:02 AM
Ulfgar of the Ironfist Clan (Dwarf Brawler (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11110) (thanks Fax) - 3.5 5th level): Dead, being carried by a party member. Ironically was killed by being punched in the face by a fellow party member. All while beardless and having slept in the same square as an elf the night before. He has died a disgrace. :smallyuk:

Kris Strife
2009-04-03, 01:12 AM
Larin, (mostly) Human Dragon Flame Adept//Eclectic Learning Warmage 1 3.5: About to breath fire on an underlibrarian to dry her off after accidentally startling her off a dock and helping to pull her back up. Dont worry, he used endure exposure on her first.

ShadowFighter15
2009-04-03, 01:19 AM
Ulfgar of the Ironfist Clan (Dwarf Brawler (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11110) (thanks Fax) - 3.5 5th level): Dead, being carried by a party member. Ironically was killed by being punched in the face by a fellow party member. All while beardless and having slept in the same square as an elf the night before. He has died a disgrace. :smallyuk:

From the Ironfist Clan? He doesn't happen to know a certain Khelgar (http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Khelgar), does he? :smalltongue:

Anyway; Erik and his group are now fighting what is essentially a large flesh golem made up of god-knows how many halfling corpses. It's got three heads, four arms (which are made up of halfling torsos) and it recently pulled down the pillars it was chained to and the room is now flooding. Incidentally, I'm hoping that presdigitation lets you dry stuff and that our dedicated spellcasters'll be able to use it a few times after the fight to dry us all off.

TrashCat
2009-04-03, 01:47 AM
My 4e Genasi Warlord, Zefrin, has the week off in a large city called Actum. He is currently trying to see if he can find someone capable of casting the Sending ritual, so that he can find out whether any of his extended family is still alive (our entire world has recently been beset by a terrible, magic-resistant plague -- think Black Death in scale). If they ARE alive, they would be somewhere out to sea or on a different continent, making the DC pretty high on that Arcana check for whomever casts the ritual. So wish him luck.

Ravens_cry
2009-04-03, 01:47 AM
Bernie (third level Fighter, Pathfinder) is dilly dallying while waiting for the Silence spell to wear off.

Myatar_Panwar
2009-04-03, 10:14 AM
From the Ironfist Clan? He doesn't happen to know a certain Khelgar (http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Khelgar), does he? :smalltongue:

You know, I knew I had heard that clan name before I picked it. Just didn't know where.

ShadowFighter15
2009-04-03, 07:32 PM
You know, I knew I had heard that clan name before I picked it. Just didn't know where.

Well you don't need to worry about fluff conflicts unless you were playing Forgotten Realms. And even then, some people seem to consider the events of the NWN games as non-canon.

Starbuck_II
2009-04-03, 08:25 PM
Walking around an old forgotten temple pillaging and looting in that order.

X2
2009-04-03, 08:27 PM
Waiting to meet up with the others in the party my guy (a barbarian no less) is acting as a hired bodyguard to some Cleric or something...

Wyvern_55
2009-04-04, 03:24 AM
Update!

In the game I'm running, the group is now in a hostile nation, populated by brigands, pirates and cutthroats. Their airship is in flames, they are separated, and it is about to get dark.

CrimsonAngel
2009-04-04, 09:42 PM
My character is sitting in my head till' I can find a DnD group.

Obscurejones
2009-04-05, 02:17 AM
Mordecai is deceased following a short cowardly battle with ongoing Necrotic damage. He is survived by his party, his crossbow, and my new barbarian.

Thurbane
2009-04-05, 09:39 PM
Dagornach is kicking back in the City of Greyhawk, counting out the loot from the last adventure, chasing skirt and having a "few quiet ales"... :smallbiggrin:

Darth Stabber
2009-04-06, 12:41 PM
My dwarf Fighter is settling in for a night of good sleep to get over filth fever, and regain the Large quantity of healing surges lost over the course of the day. If he has time there is so much blood to be cleaned off of his armor and hammer, both his and goblin/bat/rat.

newbDM
2009-04-06, 01:16 PM
Well, my Darksun halfling is currently using his Craft/Profession (Cook) skill to cut up and cook a few human slavers who were the party's first encounter, as the group of 1st level adventurers flee into the wastelands. He just got his freedom, and some emergency rations.

Atamasama
2009-04-06, 01:20 PM
Malinon was recently acquitted of murder charges after the legal team the party paid for was able to prove that the presence of demons could be found at the crime scene.

oxybe
2009-04-06, 01:27 PM
Update from my last post!

Shump is flying above a fungal city in the underdark full of chutuloid monstrocities and mutated troglodytes, hurling eldrich blasts & chilling tentacles to sow havoc. the party just freed a purple worm and let it loose on the city. hilarity will ensue as we try to storm the ziggurat. also, the cleric is back... next session due to work :smallyuk:

Abe is still in the Duegar complex trying to free the slaves, having joined up with another new PC, the thiefling warlock.