PDA

View Full Version : Changeling the Lost: The Lost how to make a Dinosaur PC

lisiecki
2009-03-21, 12:50 AM
Hello All

Recently I've been talked in to joing a very beer and peanuts Changling game. I'm very much looking foward to playing, but form what im told, im going to be joining in a part of the game that is very combat heavy. The game is using the changling and WoD rule set, but with the larp resulition (the game its self is played on the tabletop, characters roll one die, and add there attribute/skill to the result) i tend to play very social (shocking i know) or mental stated characters in WoD games, and am not sure how to build a combat PC, but it sounds fun.

Basically, im looking for a PC that is a Dinosaur (or for those who play 40k some sork of giant nasty 'nid) , that when in combat basically turns in to a Giant T-rex.

What's the best way to do this?

the build rules are character creation +30 xp, and access to all the rules in WoD core, and Changeling Core, and access to the Kiths and Seamings in the Ling, and i THINK winter masks.

It looks like Dragon Fairest or gargantuan orgar is the way to go, along with Odd body and the Giant merit, but dose any one have a better suggestion?

The only real build restrictions is that the ST frowns on more than one Attribute above 3 at character creation, and more than one or two Skills above 3 at creation

Thanks in Advance

Lisiecki

TheOOB
2009-03-21, 01:21 AM
...block...of...text...hard...to...read...must...t ype....like...this

Also, there is no system called "Changeling" there is Changeling: The Dreaming, which is a World of Darkness(WoD) system, and Changeling: The Lost which is a setting for the New World of Darkness(nWoD) system, and they are both completely different.

Looking at your post, I believe you mean Changeling: the Lost. That said, you can't ever really play a dinosaur, but any of the monsterous, animalistic types can make a character who looks kinda like that. A changlings true form isn't really bound by the laws of physics, and since sleepers rarely if ever see it, it's not a huge deal.

As far as combat ability, the thing to remember about new world of darkness, especially changeling is that the best way to kill someone is to take a gun and shot them in the face(or perhaps a melee weapon if you are good at that). This is true for vampires and mages who have plenty of good combat abilities, and even more so for the poor changelings who's abilities tend not to be as spectacular.

In other words, it's easy to be good at combat, strength, dexterity, and a weapon skill.