PDA

View Full Version : Google Docs functions...

Icewalker
2009-03-22, 02:09 AM
I'm just working on switching over to Google docs, as the trial on word on my computer failed, and I don't feel like paying several hundred dollars for such a simple system.

However, while I've figured out most of the functionality of Google docs quite quickly, there are still minor things coming up which I can't figure out.

I solved the 'working offline' issue, but there is one similar thing which I want to work:

I want to be able to go into a folder on my computer, find a .doc file, click on it, and have it open into Google docs. Is this possible? Because it isn't a program on your computer but just a browser function, I haven't found a way to do that...

Dallas-Dakota
2009-03-22, 02:12 AM
I don't know that much about google docs.

But my I think you would first need to upload that file into google docs and then its also saved on google docs and you can do whatever you want(is available on google docs) from there on with it.

Lupy
2009-03-22, 04:51 PM
I would strongly recommend this (http://www.openoffice.org/) over google docs.

potatocubed
2009-03-25, 02:07 AM
Just as an aside, how did you solve the working offline problem? I use Google Docs a lot but there are times when it's not practical for me to connect to the internet.