PDA

View Full Version : Order of the Stick Books

Razaele
2009-03-22, 07:19 AM
Oh man! Finally, I've landed myself a job! It doesn't really pay that much, since I do live in a third-world country and all, but I'll finally have enough buying power to get things that I need want! :smallbiggrin:

And guess what I'm buying first? Of course, the entire set of the Order of the Stick books (plus the game :smallbiggrin:)!! Gah! I can't wait! One small snag though... I checked out how much the entire set costs ($158.70), but the real killer here is that the shipping will cost $81.25 minimum! :smallfrown:

I seriously want the books and the game, and I'm willing to pay the extra money to pay for the shipping, but it's just that... All in all the entirety of the purchase will cost me around a month's salary. I'd really like to cut down on the shipping costs, but the only options I see on the Apegames website are USPS Express Mail and USPS Priority mail, which roughly costs around the same ($7.50 difference). Does anyone know about a cheaper (yet still safe for my babies) alternative?:smallbiggrin:

Jokes
2009-03-22, 09:19 AM
You'll have to ask if they ship to the Phillipines, but I buy my OOTS stuff (and D&D books) from Games Paradise (http://www.gamesparadise.com.au/category.asp?cparent=11&cid=337) in Australia.

Edit: I mention because they ship to Singapore, USA and UK, so Phillipines shouldn't be too much of a stretch.

Razaele
2009-03-22, 09:31 AM
Hmm. I don't think they deliver to the Philippines. :smallfrown: I only saw New Zealand, USA, UK, and Singapore on their international list. Oh well. Thanks for trying anyway, friend. :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: Oh! So there may still be hope? Hmm... Maybe I should try contacting them. :smallbiggrin: Wish me luck!

Jokes
2009-03-22, 09:36 AM
Hmm. I don't think they deliver to the Philippines. :smallfrown: I only saw New Zealand, USA, UK, and Singapore on their international list. Oh well. Thanks for trying anyway, friend. :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: Oh! So there may still be help? Hmm... Maybe I should try contacting them. :smallbiggrin: Wish me luck!

They are really nice people, I've contacted them several times, and they are always helpful.

Razaele
2009-03-22, 10:35 AM
Good to hear. I just sent them an email with my queries, and I am now eagerly waiting their reply. I hope they do deliver to the Philippines, as it looks like a lot of their products cater to exactly what I want. :smallbiggrin:

Lupy
2009-03-22, 12:05 PM
If they can't ship to the Phillipines, Rich might be able to ship them privately for you.

Haruki-kun
2009-03-22, 12:17 PM
If they can't ship to the Phillipines, Rich might be able to ship them privately for you.

He always said you could ask your local bookstore if they can order them.

Morty
2009-03-22, 01:04 PM
He always said you could ask your local bookstore if they can order them.

Heh. I imagine myself going to one of the two bookstores in my town and ordering an OoTS book and I can't help but laugh.

Haruki-kun
2009-03-22, 02:03 PM
Heh. I imagine myself going to one of the two bookstores in my town and ordering an OoTS book and I can't help but laugh.

Heh. Yeah, I know what you mean. :smalltongue:

There are some advantages to living near the US.....<.<

Razaele
2009-03-22, 11:01 PM
Hmm. Well, I really wouldn't want to bother Rich by asking him to ship the stuff to me. Also, wouldn't shipping cost just as much, if not more than if I had ordered the stuff from Apegames?

Yeah, I did try to check out our local bookstores. I tried everything, from malls to hobby shops, and I found nothing. I don't think anyone has ever heard of The Order of the Stick. Man, that's just sad. :smallfrown:

Also, Games Paradise finally replied! Turns out, they do deliver to the Philippines. Yays!:smallbiggrin:

Now to go see what their return policy is. I'm kinda paranoid about the delivery system here in the Philippines. :smalleek:

Felixaar
2009-03-23, 05:56 AM
You'll have to ask if they ship to the Phillipines, but I buy my OOTS stuff (and D&D books) from Games Paradise (http://www.gamesparadise.com.au/category.asp?cparent=11&cid=337) in Australia.

Edit: I mention because they ship to Singapore, USA and UK, so Phillipines shouldn't be too much of a stretch.

*scribbles down for his own use*

Hope it all works out, Raz.

Razaele
2009-03-23, 07:28 AM
Thanks Felixaar! :smallbiggrin:

More power to you too, as it seems that you plan on ordering some things as well. :smallbiggrin: