PDA

View Full Version : Practiced Initiator?

AdamSmasher
2009-03-22, 12:20 PM
There's practiced spellcaster for arcane and divine and practiced manifester for psionics... and probably even a practiced something else for incarnum.

Is there a similar feat for ToB?

Starbuck_II
2009-03-22, 12:31 PM
There's practiced spellcaster for arcane and divine and practiced manifester for psionics... and probably even a practiced something else for incarnum.

Is there a similar feat for ToB?

Um,, ToB already lets you get 1/2 intiator minimum on non-adept classes... What would be the point?

AdamSmasher
2009-03-22, 12:51 PM
I've got a higher level underpowered character who wants to start taking warblade levels and I'm trying to squeeze the most benefit out of it. He's a monk who's fallen behind the others in power.

Human Paragon 3
2009-03-22, 01:06 PM
Ask your DM if you can retrain monk levels for unarmed sword sage levels. In game, you could meet a great master who teaches you amazing new techniques.

JoshuaZ
2009-03-22, 01:10 PM
I don't think such a feat would be broken if it were only +2 to initiator level rather than the +4 with practice spellcaster or the life. The primary issue is that if it was the normal +4 this would be a bit overkill because the non-initiator classes get to add half their class level to calculate initiator level already.

mikej
2009-03-22, 01:14 PM
Two options here, you can either ask your DM to homebew such a feat or retrain the Monk PC into a Unarmed Swordsage. I'd just redo the Monk into the Swordsage...its practical and it will help the player in the power department.

Talya
2009-03-22, 01:18 PM
If you're going to retrain, Monk x/Unarmed Swordsage x/Shadow Sun Ninja would keep the bulk of his monk abilities and flavor while powering him up considerably. 2 levels of monk and you end up with full flurry/unarmed damage progression.

The problem with a full +4 on practiced initiator is that you end up with people taking crusader 10/warblade 10 and having an IL of 19 on both of them.