PDA

View Full Version : Soulbow Advice 3.5

Human Paragon 3
2009-03-22, 02:12 PM
I am beginning a new campaign soon where the PCs will be starting a thieves guild and going on a variety of stealth missions. I came up with this build that uses factotum to qualify for and enhance soulbow. Here it is:

Soul Bow Totum

Soul Knife 2/Factotum 3/Soul Bow 10/Factotum 5

Feats:
H Able Learner
1 Point Blank Shot
3 Precise Shot
6 Psychic Shot
SB1 Rapid Shot
SB3 Manyshot
9 Greater Psychic Shot
SB5 Far Shot
12 Font of Inspiration
SB7 Improved Precise Shot
SB9 Greater Manyshot
15 Font of Inspiration
18 Font of Inspiration

If in need, Zen Archery

Items to get:
Bracers of Archery
Third Eye: Sense
Dex/Wis/Int increasing items

Notable SLAs: Guided Shot, Wraith Strike

We roll for ability scores, so I don't know yet if Zen Archery will be a necessary feat. I was wondering about Able Learner and whether I should bother with it, since Soul Knife/Bow get the stealth and perception skills anyway. I suppose being able to max out bluff, disguise, escape artist etc. would be nice.

Also, is Psychic Shot/Greater Psychic Shot/Fell Shot worth investing the feats into?

Any other tips to bring this build to the next level?

sonofzeal
2009-03-22, 03:07 PM
If your DM allows Ranged Power Attack (should be a feat, not sure if it actually is), then Fell Shot is definitely a good idea. Even without, that'll let you land the occasional Hail Mary shot at five range increments away through adverse conditions, which is always a nice feeling. I'd do it.

Might drop Manyshot though, I don't see it coming up much for you. You'll need Greater Manyshot to make it worthy, and even then you've got better things to spend your IP on than Sneak Attack.

Human Paragon 3
2009-03-22, 03:47 PM
With manyshot though, I can spend 1 inspiration point for a cunning surge, and deal my INT in extra damage to each arrow, since it's not precision damage.

Maltore
2009-03-22, 04:22 PM
I would try to get Improved Rapid Shot in there, it eliminates the -2 penalty. I think it's from Complete Warrior.

Ascension
2009-03-22, 04:29 PM
If your first level is in Soulknife Able Learner won't get you much of anything. If your first level is in Factotum it would be significantly more handy. Either way I'd be tempted to drop it for more archery feats sooner (though, depending on what level you're starting at, soonness may not be a concern).

Human Paragon 3
2009-03-22, 04:57 PM
Right, clearly the first level would need to be factotum. I'll look through complete warrior.