PDA

View Full Version : Where I think Rich is going with this...

Antacid
2009-03-22, 05:54 PM
Because theorising is fun:

1) The Fiends didn't give Suvie the power to kill the BD for the good of V's health, but because of what they were told about the Snarl by Sabine. So their purpose was to produce a set of circumstances which would lead to them having a means of going after the Snarl: a patsy, V.

2) As many people have observed, killing a massive number of BDs is going to make Tiamat very, very angry.

3) For plot reasons, the splice has to expire soon, simply because if V is this powerful when hir's focus shifts to the next item on the agenda (Xykon) s/he'll be able to break the plot in a few rounds, even given the Cloister effect.

4) So Suvie is going to have to deal with a God who'll likely want to exact bloody revenge on hir, starting with hirs family (who help the plot much more if they survive post-splice), and the only way to stand a chance of fighting back will be to get control of the only weapon that can threaten a God, the Snarl. Which is exactly what the Fiends need hir to do.

5) So V has not only left the Order of the Stick, but is doomed to act as another side trying to get control of the Snarl, one pretty much inarguably even more evil in intent than Xykon (who only wants to enslave the world, not tip the entire balance of the multiverse in Evil's favour). Even if hir's alignment is still technically neutral once the splice ends, the likelihood is that the pressure to defend

I'd be entirely unsurprised if post-Splice V ends up joining the Linear Guild, who IIRC are short a wizard. Hmm....

RMS Oceanic
2009-03-22, 06:00 PM
Your theory is interesting, but I disagree with V leaving the order. If we read the end of War and XPs:
Rich says that the Order will be reunited, with one paying a huge cost to do so. It's looking strongly like V will pay some sort of price for this soul splice, apart from just 3x time in damnation.

A vengeful Tiamat is something that would be fun to see at some stage.

Silverraptor
2009-03-22, 07:33 PM
Why do people keep saying "Suvie" "Suvie this and Suvie that" "Suvie Suvie Suvie SuvieSuvieSuvie..." I mean Come ON. The name is Varrsuvius or V, stick to it, Please. It was amusing at first, but now it's just plain annoying!:smallmad:

Nimrod's Son
2009-03-22, 08:07 PM
Why do people keep saying "Suvie" "Suvie this and Suvie that" "Suvie Suvie Suvie SuvieSuvieSuvie..." I mean Come ON. The name is Varrsuvius or V, stick to it, Please. It was amusing at first, but now it's just plain annoying!:smallmad:
Yes.

"Suvie" is the pet name that V's mate uses for him. It sounds ridiculous when everyone else says it too; it's like calling him "darling" or something. If "Suvie" was an acceptable short-form of Vaarsuvius that V was happy to be addressed by, then someone in the Order would have called him that at least once by now.

plainsfox
2009-03-22, 08:10 PM
But it's what he/she/it's called in the strip!

I can see it barely if Qarr angles Suvie towards them....but I think Nale has recognized that he's got his core group and he's going to go with that.