2009-03-22, 09:10 PM
Amorous Seduction of the Loyal Tool
Cost: 5m
Mins: Craft 2, Essence 2
Type: Simple (Speed 5)
Keywords: Touch
Duration: One scene
Prerequisite Charms: None

While mortal craftsmen may speak metaphorically of sharing a bond with their tools or weapons, the Solars do so quite literally. This Charm allows one of the Chosen to seduce the least god of a tool or weapon they own, creating a bond of compassion between them and the item. For one scene, you add your Compassion to the maximum amount of dice you may increase any dice pool rolled by while using that tool or weapon. In addition, anyone other than you who wields the item or weapon takes an internal penalty on all rolls made with it equal to your Compassion, as the seduced tool refuses to betray its master. You may only seduce one tool or weapon at a time with this Charm.

Eloquent Proclamation of Sculpted Stone
Cost: 10m, 1wp
Mins: Craft 3, Essence 2
Type: Supplemental
Keywords: Combo-OK
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: Any Craft Excellency

The treasures and art of the Chosen speak to those who witness them, the subtle elegance of their creation capable of seducing would-be lovers or swaying the opinions of mobs. This Charm supplements a Craft action, allowing you to imbue the object created with a social attack. In order for the social attack to effect a character, they must spend some amount of time, at least a minute, interacting with it in a meaningful way. A painting must be viewed, a sword wielded, or a meal eaten in order to convey the social attack. The social attack is treated as your choice of a Performance attack (if the social attack effects anyone who interacts with the object, up to once per scene per character) or a Presence attack (if it is tailored to effect a particular individual only once, and will not effect anyone else), but rather than rolling one of those abilities, the attack uses the result of the Craft roll used to create the item. The social attack can still be dodged and parried normally (parries against such attacks typically take the form of a disparaging remark on the object’s quality). Relative appearance does not apply to this social attack. This Charm can explicitly be included in combos with Presence and Performance Charms, allowing the entire combo to be made through the item. However, for each non-Reflexive Presence or Performance Charm in the combo, this Charm’s cost is increased by one mote.

Feast of All Things Recipe
Cost: 1m
Mins: Craft 1, Essence 1
Type: Simple (Speed 6 in long ticks)
Keywords: Combo-OK, Obvious

The Chosen excel at all crafts, even those as seemingly mundane as cooking. Not only can they prepare superb meals, but they can prepare meals from even the most impossible of ingredients. If a Lawgiver commands a stone to become his dinner, it will obey; if he commands the desert sands to be as spices, they heed his words. This Charm allows a Solar to craft a meal using any ingredients whatsoever. It renders them edible and nutritious, allowing the meal to sustain a character just as any meal made of more conventional ingredients. By using cheap and readily available substances as ingredients, this Charm can remove the need to purchase raw materials for creating the meal. It also negates any potentially harmful effects the ingredients might have on their eater–thus, a loaf of bread cooked from stone, while very hard, would not risk breaking its eater’s teeth, and a soup brewed from potent toxins would not be in the least bit poisonous. If this Charm is used to make a meal using an ingestible alchemical formula, the meal retains the properties of the formula, albeit harmful properties are still negated. Any created item (as opposed to naturally occurring ones) cannot be used as an ingredient with this Charm, with the explicit exception of alchemical formulae, nor can still-living beings.

Harmonious Alignment of Essence
Cost: 15m, 2wp
Mins: Craft 5, Essence 5
Keywords: Combo-OK
Prerequisite Charms: Craftsman Needs No Tools

Through careful supervision of essence flows and masterful crafting techniques, a Solar artisan can amplify the efficiency of the artifacts he crafts manyfold, allowing them to be attuned for drastically less essence. This Charm supplements a Craft action to create an artifact. The artifact created has its attunement cost reduced by a number of motes equal to half your essence, to a minimum of two motes. In addition, if you craft the artifact out of a magical material that does not resonate with your type, you suffer no internal penalty for doing so. Any Exalt may attune to an artifact created with this charm without having to make a roll or pay an increased attunement cost, even if it is made from a magical material that does not resonate with their type.

Thousandfold Workshop Methodology
Cost: 1m per copy, 1wp
Mins: Craft 5, Essence 3
Keywords: Combo-OK, Obvious
Prerequisite Charms: Craftsman Needs No Tools

The Chosen have perfected the art of efficiency, their efforts bringing forth a thousandfold reward. This Charm supplements a Craft action to create any mundane item. For every mote spent, you may create an additional copy of that item as part of that Craft action. You must still provide raw materials to create each copy, but they do not increase the time it takes to perform the action.

The Demented One
2009-03-23, 02:16 PM
Glorious Solar Bump?

The Rose Dragon
2009-03-23, 02:31 PM
I had a beef with the low Craft requirement of FoATR, but then I noticed the "must occur naturally" part.

If that wasn't there, it would be a very cheap alternative to most antidotes and Medicine charms that help expel poisons (since Flawless Diagnosis Technique is the only one comparable in cost and that helps only with diagnosis, not with prevention).

The Demented One
2009-03-23, 02:50 PM
I had a beef with the low Craft requirement of FoATR, but then I noticed the "must occur naturally" part.

If that wasn't there, it would be a very cheap alternative to most antidotes and Medicine charms that help expel poisons (since Flawless Diagnosis Technique is the only one comparable in cost and that helps only with diagnosis, not with prevention).
Yeah. It pretty much can only be used on either natural things like rocks, dirt, or unworked metal, or on alchemical formulas. If a player tried to use it do something beyond working up a quick meal or turning alchemy into food, the ST should probably disallow it (unless it's completely awesome, in which case they should get some stunt dice).

The Rose Dragon
2009-03-23, 02:54 PM
"I turn Creation into a meal for the Neverborn."

"...You're a Solar."

"I suppose after this act, they'd give me a Monstrance of my own."

You'd need the Storyteller to forget that Creation is in fact Gaia and is probably considered a living being, but if he does, you're golden.

EDIT: Needs Abyssal mirrors.

The Demented One
2009-03-23, 03:39 PM
Rose Dragon, not to completely pimp myself out, but is there any chance I could interest you in some PbP Solars? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107606)

"I turn Creation into a meal for the Neverborn."

"...You're a Solar."

"I suppose after this act, they'd give me a Monstrance of my own."

You'd need the Storyteller to forget that Creation is in fact Gaia and is probably considered a living being, but if he does, you're golden.
Hmm...I should probably stick in a size restriction.

EDIT: Needs Abyssal mirrors.

All-Devouring Gourmet Methodology
Cost: 1m
Mins: Craft 1, Essence 1
Type: Simple (Speed 6 in long ticks)
Keywords: Combo-OK, Mirror (Feast of All Things Recipe)

By calling upon the corpse-element of blood, a deathknight can imbue anything with enough of a trace of vitality that it may be eaten. They can bake bread from dust, prepare juicy steaks from long-dead corpses, and brew a hearty broth from old blood-stains. This Charm works as the Solar Charm Feast of All Things Recipe, except that it cannot be used to turn alchemical formulae into food. However, if used to turn poison into food, the poison's properties can be preserved in the food if the Exalt wishes to do so.

Ceaseless Legion's Toil
Cost: 1m per copy, 1wp
Mins: Craft 5, Essence 3
Keywords: Combo-OK, Mirror (Thousandfold Workshop Methodology)
Prerequisite Charms: Frenzied Forge Within

One deathknight can forge enough swords to arm a legion in a matter of hours. Through superhuman effort and speed, they can forge multiple copies of any mundane destructive item with a single Craft action.

Master's Tools Fail Him Not
Cost: 5m
Mins: Craft 2, Essence 2
Type: Simple (Speed 5)
Keywords: Touch, Mirror (Amorous Seduction of the Loyal Tool)
Duration: One scene
Prerequisite Charms: None

The equipment of a Deathknight knows it had best not falter in his grasp. This Charm allows you to intimidate the least god of a weapon or tool, terrifying it with the threat of destruction should it fail you. This Charm works as the Solar Charm Amorous Seduction of the Loyal Tool, except that you add your Conviction instead of your Compassion to the maximum amount of dice you may increase any dice pool rolled by while using that tool or weapon, and the penalty on rolls made by others is equal to your Conviction.

Seductive Whispers Trapped In Stone
Cost: 10m, 1wp
Mins: Craft 3, Essence 2
Keywords: Combo-OK, Mirror (Eloquent Proclamation of Sculpted Stone)

The dark and blasphemous art of the Abyssals can poison mortal minds, the eldritch figure of a statue or the surreal distortion of a painting filling the minds of those who look upon it with whispers of lust, rage, or fear.

Theft of Heaven's Arsenal
Cost: 15m, 2wp
Mins: Craft 5, Essence 5
Keywords: Combo-OK, Mirror (Harmonious Alignment of Essence)
Prerequisite Charms: Frenzied Forge Within

The deathknights are craven in their service of Oblivion, and they eagerly stoop to stealing the secrets of the Celestial Incarnae, appropriating magical materials set aside for other Exalted for their own use. This Charm augments any destructive artifact created with it, attuning its essence flows to Abyssal anima. Only Abyssal Exalted gain the benefits of artifacts created with this Charm.

The Rose Dragon
2009-03-23, 05:28 PM
Well, I'm normally an Abyssal (thus the want for mirrors) and Lunar guy, but I'll take a look.

horngeek
2009-03-23, 05:46 PM
I may know next to nothing about Exalted, but the fluff looks good. And, by the way, Demented One, would you and Krimm Blackleaf know each other IRL?

The Demented One
2009-03-23, 06:06 PM
I may know next to nothing about Exalted, but the fluff looks good. And, by the way, Demented One, would you and Krimm Blackleaf know each other IRL?
We don't, but we've been talking over AIM for...well damn...at least a couple of years now. Krimm, that sound right to you?