PDA

View Full Version : Help me finish this quote

Berserk Monk
2009-03-23, 05:42 AM
I'm trying to make a parody of one of the quotes from Watchmen. Here's the original quote:

42nd Street: Women's breasts draped across every billboard, every display, littering the sidewalk. Was offered Swedish love and French love, but not American love. American love; like Coke in green glass bottles, they don't make it anymore.

And here's what I have so far (the context is it's art school):
Painting class: Women's breasts draped across every canvas, every wall, it was awesome! Was offered emo love and goth love, but not _______ love. ________ love; like a bar of soap, you just can't find it at art school.

I need to find a word that means the opposite of punk, but not too far away as to imply conservatism. I can't really explain my idea any more clearer. Hopefully the context will me enough for you.

Thanks to those who help.

Felixaar
2009-03-23, 05:49 AM
Maybe True Love? Real love? Frat-love? Jock love? Love Love?

Berserk Monk
2009-03-23, 05:55 AM
Maybe True Love? Real love? Frat-love? Jock love? Love Love?

Jock Love; me likey, me likey! And it fits seeing how few if any art colleges have official sports teams. I might use it if nothing better comes up.

Frat love would also fit, but it implies drunken one night stands with sleazy sorority girls. True love and real love don't fit because it implies emos and goths don't have those kinds of relationships. Unfortunately, I know a couple.:smalleek:

Cristo Meyers
2009-03-23, 09:20 AM
I was thinking maybe Yuppie Love.

Berserk Monk
2009-03-23, 04:39 PM
I was thinking maybe Yuppie Love.

Yuppie works better, but could you make it something that sounds more positve and not insulting.

alchemyprime
2009-03-23, 09:21 PM
clean love.

Rutskarn
2009-03-23, 09:58 PM
Entrance to the Love Shack.

Love Machine.

Gangsta Love.

The Love Boat.

Olive.

Raewyn
2009-03-24, 02:07 PM
Even though it doesn't end in love, I'mma cast my vote for bromance.

Cristo Meyers
2009-03-24, 02:10 PM
Yuppie works better, but could you make it something that sounds more positve and not insulting.

Hmm...well, I was going for something that goes with the comparison "like a bar of soap at an art school", so I needed what was essentially the opposite of the image that brings up: the unwashed bohemian artiste'. Yuppie is about all I could come up with...

derfelcadarn
2009-03-25, 10:03 PM
Hetero love.

WychWeird
2009-03-26, 02:00 AM
How about 'unrequited' love?

Ashen Lilies
2009-03-26, 05:10 AM
Summer Love. It fits, you know it does. Let the goths taste sun!

ZeroNumerous
2009-03-26, 05:13 AM
Happy love?