PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Harridans- a new tanar'ri (PEACH)

xanaphia
2009-03-24, 02:32 AM
Harridan
Large Outsider (Chaotic, Evil, Extraplanar, Evil, Tanar'ri)
HD 10d8+40 (95 hp)
Speed 50ft. (10 squares)
Init:
AC 18 (+9 natural, -1 size); touch 9, flat-footed 18
BAB/Grp +10/+21
Attack +1 flaming Longsword +18 (1d10+7 +1d6 fire)
Full-Attack +1 flaming Longsword[/i] +18/+13 (1d10+7 +1d6 fire), 2 hooves +16 (1d4+7), 2 tentacles +18 (1d3+7+ bloodsuck)
Space 10ft./10ft
Special Attacks Bloodsuck, gripper, summon tanar'ri
Special Qualities DR 10/good or cold iron, immunity to electricity and poison, resistance 10 to fire, cold, and acid
Saves Fort +13, Ref +12, Will +15
Abilities Str 24, Dex 8, Con 18, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 10
Skills Climb +20, Disable Device +14, Disguise +14, Escape Artist +12, Listen +13, Open Lock +12, Search +14, Sleight of Hand +11, Use Rope +16 (+18 with bindings)
Feats Power Attack, Multiattack, Iron Will, Cleave
Environment: Infinite Layers of the Abyss
Organization Solitary or gang (3-6)
Challenge Rating 10
Treasure Standard
Alignment Always chaotic evil
Advancement 11-15 HD (Large), 16-20 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment -
http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss307/GreenStormElf/th_Photo11.jpg (http://s586.photobucket.com/albums/ss307/GreenStormElf/?action=view&current=Photo11.jpg)
The creature has a horses body, a man's torso, an extremely long neck, a small, round head, small, black eyes, giant ears, horns, a pig nose, and giant tentacles appearing out of its back. It is carrying a fiery longsword.
Harridans are another species of demon. They are violent and thuggish, but aren't organized enough to band together and cause destruction.

A harridan is 10 feet tall, including the neck. Up to its shoulders is 7 feet. It weighs 2700 pounds. It speaks Abyssal.

Combat
Harridans will eagerly attack anyone they see. They are prepared to retreat if losing. They prefer to attack their foes with their longswords, and drain the blood of as many people as possible. They will often drive all opponents into unconsciousness, heal them, bind them, then wake them all up and blood drain them to death one at a time.

Bloodsuck (Ex): If the harridan manages to latch both of his tentacles onto the same opponent, he causes the opponent 1d6 Constitution damage, and gains 10 temporary hit points which last for one hour.
Grippers (Ex); After the Harridan has completed a Bloodsuck attack, it may attempt to grapple the opponent without provoking an attack of opportunity. Anyone grappling a Harridan automatically falls victim to a Bloodsuck attack every round.

Skills
Harridans get a +4 racial bonus on Use Rope

The Neoclassic
2009-03-24, 09:09 AM
Looks fine for the most part. The fluff is rather generic though. Violent, poorly organized, and enjoy torturing prey? That's pretty much standard issue for demons; there's nothing about these ones that make them stand out at all to me is far as temperment, niche, or personality (though their physical appearance is unusual). Also, their health seems a little low for their CR, but I'm no expert on stats.

VelvetThunder
2009-03-25, 07:11 AM
Just curious here, but why does it have such a low Dex score? You'd think with 4 Legs, 2 Arms, and tentacles it'd have some Dexterity.

DracoDei
2009-03-29, 03:30 PM
You have the "Evil" subtype listed twice. I may edit more comments into his message as I keep reading.