Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Superior tactics
Special Qualities: Construct traits, darkvision 60 ft., replicate
Saves: Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +0
Abilities: Str 8, Dex 12, Con –, Int –, Wis 11, Cha 1
Skills: –
Feats: Weapon FinesseB
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary, pair, drove (4-15), or mob (see below)
Challenge Rating: 1
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always True Neutral
Advancement: 1-7 HD (Small), 8-16 HD (Medium)
Level Adjustment: –

Replicants are strange constructs, built to do little more than reproduce. Originally devised by an artificer planning to build an instant army on the cheap, his plan was foiled by an unforseen complication. Replicants made by other Replicants were less loyal than their progenitors, and their designs were often far inferior to the original. He got his army, but it was of no use. However, for those with somewhat less ambitious goals, Replicants have proven themselves to be useful and, of course, cheap. Replicants have a metallic, spherical body 3 ft. in diameter supported by six spindly legs. Two lense-like eyes and a pair of whirring, clockwork-like mandibles form the Replicant’s “face”.

Superior Tactics (Ex)
A Replicant gains a +4, rather than +2, bonus on attack rolls made against an enemy flanked by another Replicant.

Replicate (Su)
Replicants can create other Replicants. Doing so requires a Replicant first gather 50 gp worth of raw iron, though it need not assemble it into a body. The process of creation is erratic when performed by a Replicant, taking 1d4+1 days to complete. Regardless of the HD of the creator Replicant, the created Replicant only has ½ a HD and is completely average for its kind, disregarding any flaws it may have. The newly created Replicant is loyal to the creator of the Replicant that made it, though there is a chance for disobedience. While any hand-built replicant is utterly and mindlessly loyal to its creator, replicant-made replicants, while still serving their creator’s creator, are not so loyal. For every degree of separation between a Replicant and its master, there is a 10% chance it will ignore any order given to it. Thus, a 2nd generation Replicant has a 10% chance to disobey orders, a 7th generation replicant has a 60% chance to disobey orders, and an 11th generation replicant disobeys any order given to it. In addition, there is a chance the new Replicant is imperfectly created. Roll a d% and consult the table to see if this happens and the exact manner of the flaw. In addition to the rolled flaws, any flaws in the creator Replicant are passed down to any Replicant it creates.

{table=head]Number|Result
1-50|No flaws.
51-55|Replicant’s Strength is 2 lower than normal.
56-60|Replicant’s Dexterity is 2 lower than normal.
61-65|Replicant’s Wisdom is 2 lower than normal.
66-70|Replicant’s natural armor bonus is 2 lower than normal.
71-75|Damage die of Replicant’s bite is decreased by one step.
76-80|Replicant’s base land speed is 10 ft. lower than normal.
81-85|Replicant lacks superior tactics ability.
86-90|Replicant lacks replicate ability.
91-95|Replicant has minimum hp for each hit dice.
96-100|Reroll twice. If another number between 96 and 100 is rolled, reroll it only once.
[/table]

Construction
The body of a Replicant is made from 25 pounds of iron, worth 25 sp. Assembling the body of the Replicant requires a DC 12 Craft (Armorsmithing or Weaponsmithing) check. An Replicant with more than ½ a Hit Dice can be created, but advancing it to 1 HD adds +1,000 gp to the creation cost and each additional HD adds +2,000 gp to the cost to create.

CL 9th. Craft Construct, cat’s grace, fabricate. Cost 302.5 gp + 24 xp. Price 600 gp.

Replicant Mob
Size/Type: Gargantuan Construct
Hit Dice: 30d10+50 (215 hp)
Initiative: +0
Speed: 10 ft.
Armor Class: 10 (-4 size, +1 Dex, +3 natural), touch 7, flatfooted 9
Base Attack/Grapple: +22/+33
Attack: Mob (5d6)
Full Attack: Mob (5d6)
Space/Reach: 20 ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: Trample 2d6-1
Special Qualities: Construct traits, darkvision 60 ft., mob anatomy
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +9
Abilities: Str 8, Dex 12, Con –, Int –, Wis 11, Cha 1
Skills: –
Feats: Weapon FinesseB, Improved Bull RushB, Improved OverrunB
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary, pair, or gang (3-12 mobs)
Challenge Rating: 8
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always True Neutral
Advancement: –
Level Adjustment: –

All Replicants have built in to their primitive, instinct driven mind a mob-forming instinct. In times of danger, a group of forty-eight Replicants band together to form a mob. While in mob form, their tactical and self-replication instincts and protocols are subdued, but they become a physical threat to be feared. For more information on mobs, see the Dungeon Master’s Guide II, page 59.

Trample (Ex)
A Replicant Mob that moves over a creature and doesn’t end its movement in the creature’s space can trample it. A trampled creature takes 2d6-1 points of damage. A trampled creature may either make an attack of opportunity or attempt a DC 24 Reflex save for half damage. The save is Strength based.

Mob Anatomy (Ex)
See DMG II, pg. 59.

King_of_GRiffins
2006-08-13, 10:06 PM
Wow. I like this. I like this alot... You've done two things I've always wanted to see, a replicator like creature and an affordable construct. Good job.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-08-14, 08:45 AM
Great nift, this creature has.

MitP Vote: Yes.

asromta
2006-08-26, 05:27 PM
Self reproducing robots are great!

MitP Vote: Yes

NullAshton
2006-08-26, 06:07 PM
What, no protection against energy? How could you!

The Demented One
2006-08-26, 06:20 PM
What, no protection against energy? How could you!
Is that a Stargate or a Blade Runner reference? 'Cause this was based on neither.

NullAshton
2006-08-26, 06:56 PM
Stargate reference. Heh.

MagFlare
2006-08-26, 07:34 PM
Actually, this seems more reminiscent of the dingbots from Girl Genius.

NullAshton
2006-08-26, 08:09 PM
No, everything about this just sreams D&D replicators. How they look like, them using raw iron, the swarm ofthem, even the size kind of.

Winged One
2006-08-26, 08:33 PM
What they said. MitP vote: yes.

Maerok
2006-08-28, 04:44 PM
Curses! I just had an urge to make something like this minutes before I began searching through old posts. Looks cool. I'd think that they would be a DM's nightmare to manage, more so than a necromancer and their army.

LordOfNarf
2006-08-28, 11:16 PM
little robots that build each other Issac Asimovs worst dreams come real.

MitP vote: YES

next time remind me to read the rules more carefully, its too late for me to do the lawerspeak thing, i haven't submitted yet, i'll get around to my mind satteringly weird things sometime tommorow. and then re-validate the vote.

I now am officialy a monster creator, and am elligible to vote

Eighth_Seraph
2006-08-28, 11:39 PM
Umm...Why don't we just give DO free reign to put any creature he wants into MitP? It looks like that's what's going to happen anyway. No wait, then we'll have necromantic tentacles growing out of ectoplasm which is, itself, an intelligent being capable of sucking the life out of the very grass and turn it into an undead horde to take over the multiverse.

ANYway, MitP vote: yes.

Maerok
2006-08-29, 05:41 PM
MitP Vote: Yes

Saithis Bladewing
2006-08-29, 07:48 PM
Not bad at all, a refreshing change from most uber-hulking-death-machine constructs you see.

MitP Vote: Yes.

Jacob_Gallagher
2006-08-29, 09:37 PM
Why repliCANT? In Blade Runner, the point was that they couldn't reproduce. Maybe repliCAN would be better.

The Demented One
2006-08-29, 09:42 PM
Why repliCANT? In Blade Runner, the point was that they couldn't reproduce. Maybe repliCAN would be better.
Not at all based on Blade Runner or Stargate. Replican just sounds weird, and I immediately picture a construct **** Cheney when I read it.

Maerok
2006-08-29, 10:27 PM
Couldn't find the table in the DMG for the hunting shotgun? ;D

Best Boss... ever. (http://tenwayscheney.ytmnd.com/)

Akisa
2008-08-18, 08:44 PM
mind if I used these for replicators?

The Demented One
2008-08-18, 09:10 PM
Yeah, feel free to use anything I've made.

EDIT: Prettified the table.

dyslexicfaser
2008-08-18, 10:23 PM
A thought: does it have to be iron?

Perhaps if they could replicate using different substances, giving them certain minor changes in abilities. Adamantite, mithril... gold replicants from a replicant that somehow found its way into a dragon's horde! Magical metals like aurorum or riverine (or however you say it: the one from Stormwrack), perhaps?

The Demented One
2008-08-18, 10:25 PM
A thought: does it have to be iron?

Perhaps if they could replicate using different substances, giving them certain minor changes in abilities. Adamantite, mithril... gold replicants from a replicant that somehow found its way into a dragon's horde! Magical metals like aurorum or riverine (or however you say it: the one from Stormwrack), perhaps?
That'd make sense, but it'd pretty much have to be left up to DM fiat. The only way to make clear rules for doing that would be to make a different type of replicant for each material, and...I'm lazy.