PDA

View Full Version : PrC Contest IX: It's Morphin' Time! Voting Thread (CLOSED)

ErrantX
2009-03-24, 11:40 AM
GitP PrC IX: It's Morphin' Time Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105490)

And the winner is: Huixxa Vo Nyarlathotep! Good work Krimm!

Alright, we've gotten to the end of the submissions and now we're on to the voting.

I will be keeping track of the votes here, remember, one vote per person and I'd appreciate it if you'd bold your choice for my ease of calculation.

Votes
{table=head]Class|Votes

Excruciator|

Half-Dragon Ascendant|

Mimic Mage|

Forge Master|

Silvermoon Hunter|

Huixxa Vo Nyarlathotep|

The Xeromancer|

Hag Witch|

Farshaper|

Archon of the Forsaken|

Power Ranger|
1[/table]

Do we allow contestants to vote in the contest?
Votes
{table=head]Answer|Votes

Yes! Of course!|

Boo! No way!|
0[/table]

And remember, voting closes midnight of April 3rd!

-X

Stycotl
2009-03-24, 11:57 AM
i liked the silvermoon hunter.

PumpkinJack
2009-03-24, 04:01 PM
Are you allowed to vote for your own? If so, my vote goes to the Hag Witch. No, I'm not biased at all. :smallsmile:

Primal Fury
2009-03-24, 04:10 PM
It is my professional opinion that there is not enough madness on these forums. I'm voting for Huixxa Vo Nyarlathotep.

dyslexicfaser
2009-03-24, 09:08 PM
Xeromancer, I think.

The Demented One
2009-03-24, 09:36 PM
Ia! Ia! Huixxa Vo Nyarlathotep ftaghn!

VelvetThunder
2009-03-25, 02:30 AM
ForgeMaster That's my vote anyways.

Caen'ir
2009-03-25, 08:01 PM
I'd have to say that the Huixxa Vo Nyarlathotep is my favorite. :smallsmile:

sidhe3141
2009-03-25, 08:52 PM
If I can vote for my own, Xeromancer. Otherwise, Excruciator.

And I think we should be able to vote for our own.

cherez
2009-03-25, 09:14 PM
I'll have to go Excruciator, although the Forge Master is pretty awesome.

Pramxnim
2009-03-25, 10:19 PM
Imma voting for the Half-Dragon Ascendant. I like dragons :D

boomwolf
2009-03-26, 05:48 AM
Xeromancer
Simply cool.

ErrantX
2009-03-27, 10:34 PM
Bump.

Don't want this disappearing on us.

-X

Lord Loss
2009-03-28, 05:20 AM
I vote for Silverymoon Hunter.

Bhu
2009-03-28, 08:23 PM
Jesus I've been trying to vote for 4 days now! BOut time the forum is working again.

Hag Witch

MageSparrowhawk
2009-03-28, 10:01 PM
I'll be voting for the Half-Dragon Ascendant...

unless we're not allowed to vote for our own entries...at which point I'd be happy to change my vote.

The Tygre
2009-03-28, 11:17 PM
I cast my vote for the Huixxa Vo Nyarlathotep. "Why so serious?" indeed.

ErrantX
2009-03-30, 05:54 PM
5 more days before voting closes and I start the new contest.

Keep em comin'!
-X

Saint Nil
2009-03-30, 05:59 PM
I really like the idea of the Excruciator.

otakulrd86
2009-03-30, 05:59 PM
My vote is for the Huixxa Vo Nyarlathotep, because anything Cthulhu themed is just simply awesome.

boomwolf
2009-03-31, 01:18 PM
I vote for people being forbidden to vote for themselves. its hardly an objective vote if you can nominate yourself as the winner. (I for one voted for someone else.)

Krimm_Blackleaf
2009-03-31, 01:34 PM
I vote for people being forbidden to vote for themselves. its hardly an objective vote if you can nominate yourself as the winner. (I for one voted for someone else.)

I don't ever vote for my own creation or anyone else's. Bit too much of a conflict of interests there.

boomwolf
2009-03-31, 04:56 PM
I don't ever vote for my own creation or anyone else's. Bit too much of a conflict of interests there.

True, but high moral standards mean you should be able to vote to whoever you think truely is best, even if it costs you the win.
If you don't win, it means somebody else did a better job-and trying to take that away by voting for yourself is jest wrong.

What I'm saying is-I think everyone who voted for themselves should change the vote, and make it in the rules forbidden to vote for yourself to the following competitions. (I wonder whats next?)

MageSparrowhawk
2009-03-31, 06:14 PM
or maybe if you're in the competition, you can't vote? That would seem to make the most sense to me. As well..please remove my vote. (Which was for the Half-Dragon Ascendant)

Stycotl
2009-03-31, 06:29 PM
True, but high moral standards mean you should be able to vote to whoever you think truely is best, even if it costs you the win.
If you don't win, it means somebody else did a better job-and trying to take that away by voting for yourself is jest wrong.

What I'm saying is-I think everyone who voted for themselves should change the vote, and make it in the rules forbidden to vote for yourself to the following competitions. (I wonder whats next?)

i think that so long as they truly think that theirs is the best, it doesn't matter. i wouldn't want to exclude the creators from voting for numerous reasons, one of them being that the creators are usually the only consistent voters. look at both vorpal's monster competition and this one; it is a fairly regular group that participates in both creating and voting. get rid of that, and the contests might evaporate.

ErrantX
2009-03-31, 06:42 PM
Well, the way I look at it is this, Presidents can vote for themselves if they want to, so I wasn't overly concerned. If people want to say, "If you contributed, then you can't vote", I'll remove those people's votes from the tally.

Up to you all. We've still got a few days left.

-X

thegurullamen
2009-03-31, 09:51 PM
Best just leave the rules be. The creator and voter pools are too small as it is. Throwing what seems to be a useless rule into the mix will just muddle things.

What, really, is the point of forcing a creator's hand? If it's to avoid a conflict of interests, they can accomplish a similar end by just not voting. Instead of being a vote ahead, they just refrain and save themselves the trouble of being a vote behind.

boomwolf
2009-04-01, 01:57 AM
That's being cheap. and unfortunately too many are so.

People in this forum should realize that the vote is to who do you think is best, not to who you want to win. too many times it seem personal favor takes over when objective judgment should be made.

Let creators vote, jest not to themselves. voting for yourself is cheap.

Frog Dragon
2009-04-01, 02:02 AM
That's being cheap. and unfortunately too many are so.

People in this forum should realize that the vote is to who do you think is best, not to who you want to win. too many times it seem personal favor takes over when objective judgment should be made.

Let creators vote, jest not to themselves. voting for yourself is cheap.

Yeah. It seems like a good rule to disallow self-votes.

E: a vote to Mimic Mage

ErrantX
2009-04-01, 02:23 AM
I will set that rule for the next contest, no voting if you entered. This is, as you know, my first time running this contest so I'm having a few growing pains, as they are :)

So please, Krimm, or anyone else who made a class, please vote for yours or for the one you think is best and the next contest we'll disallow votes from the authors of said entries.

-X

PumpkinJack
2009-04-01, 10:08 AM
Is it really necessary to stop people from voting for their own creations? If everyone did that, their votes would cancel each other out and only OTHER people's votes would win the contest. If any creators decide to vote for someone else's creation, then their votes will again count since they'll be above and beyond the votes of all creators for their own creations. However you look at it, voting for your own creation does not help you out unless all the other creators decide to abstain from voting. The president analogy is apt.

Also, I'm not voting for mine because I want to win, I'm voting for it because I genuinely like it the best. I've never been into the combat-oriented classes and I personally think Lovecraftian horror doesn't adapt well to DnD, where everything is strange and horrific. What will winning get me? A set of steak knives? A trip to the Caribbean? Not at all. I didn't create it to win. I created the class with the hopes that someone would have fun adapting it to their campaign. If no one votes for my class, then obviously it didn't capture anyone's imagination and that's fine. Why shouldn't I be able to vote for it myself?

Surrealistik
2009-04-01, 10:22 AM
This is a contest?! I'm throwing in with the Power Rangers obviously.

ErrantX
2009-04-01, 03:02 PM
Well, as this is a voting thread, let's make it official then. I'll put in a line for people who say Yay or Nay on whether or not contestants can vote on their entries. PumpkinJack had a very good rebuttle, and as I've had a couple people say opposing sides to him, I'd just assume let people vote on this as well :)

What say you?
-X

PumpkinJack
2009-04-01, 04:14 PM
Alright. I'll vote yay on letting contestants vote on their own entries.

Stycotl
2009-04-01, 04:44 PM
yay............

Mr.Moron
2009-04-01, 09:34 PM
I don't really have a problem with contestants voting, but I think it's silly to allow self-votes. Seem to run counter to the spirit of the whole thing, even if it doesn't make a huge difference from a practical standpoint.

At any rate. I case my vote in favor of Huixxa Vo Nyarlathotep if for no other reason, than when something wins it should be by a landslide. I cast my vote in with the leader, for just that purpose.

ErrantX
2009-04-03, 01:39 AM
Last day of voting, then I'll announce the winner and next week I'll start up the next contest by Tuesday.

Happy Homebrewing!
-X

ErrantX
2009-04-04, 04:53 AM
And the winner is...

Krimm Blackleaf's Huixxa Vo Nyarlathotep Prestige class with 6 votes! Good work Krimm!

I want to thank everyone who submitted a class, good work by everyone. Next prestige class contest will be coming up sometime early next week, probably Monday or Tuesday. Everyone have a good weekend!

-X