PDA

View Full Version : Jack the Ripper WW Game (Game Started! Day 1)

Pages : [1] 2

TwoBitWriter
2009-03-24, 01:53 PM
Jack the Ripper

Warning: content may be somewhat graphic and disturbing. Play with caution!
Narrated by Dirk Kris, Co-Narrated by TwoBitWriter, Creepy Consultant - Cristo Meyers
Setting
London, autumn, 1888.

The streets are dark, the wind cold. The tightly cramped buildings groan and lean, cheaply and crookedly built. Times are hard for everyone. Mothers weepily kiss their husbands good-bye, wondering if they'll see them alive again and where they are going to get dinner from, dirty, pale-faced children clustering round their skirts. Fathers leave in search of their fortune, perhaps on a ship or in a mine.

More than a few make their way to the only escape they can - the Whitechapel district. The poorest, dirtiest section of town, it teems with low lifes. Gangs of thugs run rampant in the streets, mugging or harassing anyone unfortunate enough to cross their path. Pubs and taverns are the only successful businesses, catering to those who have coin or trade. Scotland Yard has a few officers patrolling the area, but they are a joke.

And then there are the women. "Ladies of the night" they might be called in other places. But the only things lady-like about the women of Whitechapel are their skirts and what's beneath them. Hookers prowl the streets, bumming money or drinks, a room or food, off any john they come across. They catcall and whistle, beg, plead, barter, threaten. They turn their tricks in dark alleys, behind buildings, even behind a held-up coat if they have to. And often as not, their payment isn't coin, but a bruise, black eye, or busted lip. They have no shame. There are no rules here - only life and death.

And death prowls the streets these cold, dark nights. On the edge of winter, something more sinister than the world has ever seen is emerging from its dark slumber. The people speak his name in terrified whispers - Jack! As if afraid of summoning the boogey man, they avoid talking about it. But their eyes are wide with fear...at least until they are drunk enough to forget...

Players List

1) EagleWiz
2) Mordokai
3) Aemoh
4) RabbitHoleLost
5) DeathSlayer7
6) Trixie
7) Thufir
8) Fleeing Coward
9) billtodamax
10) Zar Peter
11) Jontom Xire
12) Banjo
13) Murska
14) Happyturtle
15) Radikalskippy
16) Mustiado
17) Shadowcaller
18) Supagoof
19) Atreyu
20) horngeek
21) gnomish wanderer
22) hap hazard
23) Lizard Lord
24) DD the Cookie Monster
25) RedScholarGypsy

Auto-Lynch Replacement List
1) Uncle Festy
2) Mechafox
3) Mangosta71
4) Reinholdt

Villager Roles
The Hookers (Masons) - Annie Chapman, Elizabeth Stride, Catherine Eddowes, Mary Jane Kelly These are the whores of Whitechapel, the ones who really know what's going on. They have the Control/Seduction ability, which lets them force one player to change their vote, once every day.

Scotland Yard - starts game blind
Chief Constable Adolphus Williamson - Seer Basic Seer role. Can scry for a player's role once per day.
Chief Inspector Donald Swanson - Baner Basic Baner role. Can choose a player to protect each night from being killed.
Inspector Frederick Abberline - Fool Basic Fool role. Same ability as the Seer, but with a random result.
Detective Sergeant George Godley - Voider Basic Voider role. Can Void one player's night action every other night.

Londoners Basic villager role.

Wolf Roles
Jack - Beast Alpha Scries as a villager, takes down one player at random responsible for his death when killed.
Devil - Seer Scries one player each night.
Stonemasons Basic wolf roles.

Win Conditions
Villagers, Hookers, and Masons win if Jack is eliminated, as well as the secretive Stonemason guild protecting him.
Wolves win if their conspiracy remains secret and they are able to get the number of living villagers down to an equal amount of surviving members.

Additional rules
Helgraf's Scry Interference rule is in effect.
Game will be 20-25 players, with auto-lynch replacement list if enough people sign up.
Days will run approximately 48 hours, nights 24. Phases will be shorter if all actions are submitted early enough.
Autolynches will take place after 2 days of non-activity. Popping into the thread to comment, but not vote, will be considered inactivity.
After death, players are asked not to post in the game thread until the game is over.
Roles will be revealed upon death.
Roleplay is not required, though it is encouraged.

EagleWiz
2009-03-24, 04:41 PM
First! Yay!

UncleWolf
2009-03-24, 04:51 PM
Sign me up.

Mordokai
2009-03-24, 05:01 PM
I'll do it.

Aemoh
2009-03-24, 05:29 PM
In, says I.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-03-24, 05:51 PM
In. Like woah.

Deathslayer7
2009-03-24, 06:11 PM
Rabbit. In a WW game. O.o

*follows with a glazed look*

That means in.

Trixie
2009-03-24, 08:30 PM
Meh. In, please.

Uncle Festy
2009-03-24, 08:55 PM
In. Like woah.

Izza wabbit! :smallbiggrin:
In.

Fleeing Coward
2009-03-24, 09:48 PM
Count me in

billtodamax
2009-03-24, 11:46 PM
I'll have a go. In.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-03-25, 12:27 AM
Izza wabbit! :smallbiggrin:
In.

Rabbit. In a WW game. O.o

*follows with a glazed look*

That means in.
You guys act like I've never played in one before. When in actuality, I've played in three!
And I was on the winning side once, too =D

Zar Peter
2009-03-25, 02:36 AM
In says I and nothing more

Jontom Xire
2009-03-25, 04:41 AM
Definitely in.

I'm only in two other games atm!

banjo1985
2009-03-25, 06:02 AM
In as you well know Dirky :smallbiggrin:

Murska
2009-03-25, 08:08 AM
I'll join this!

happyturtle
2009-03-25, 08:22 AM
In with explosive runes

TwoBitWriter
2009-03-25, 08:39 AM
Updated Player list.

Sorry for the delay. I was sleeping. :smallwink:

Skippy
2009-03-25, 09:02 AM
In! (pretty please?)

Mordokai
2009-03-25, 09:12 AM
In with explosive runes

*rambles, frothes, grumbles*

One of these days, happy... one of these days!

Minor rambling, directed at narrators. And before you answer anything, it's your game. I'm just musing idly.

25 players, 9 villager power roles and.... 5 wolves? Jack, devil and three stonemasons? That gives us 14 power roles and 11 villagers. To me, it looks like a little too little villagers. Perhaps make a voider and one mason a villager, thereby making a power role - villager ratio 12:13. I know most people hate villager role, but that's their problem, not the problem of the role itself. And games with too little villagers can be a hard one for wolves, if the alpha and seer both live long enough.

Like I said, this is just my idle musing and you're in no way obligated to make anything out of it.

Dirk Kris
2009-03-25, 10:02 AM
Actually, 4 wolves. Sorry for not clarifying that. Masons get an extra member for historical accuracy purposes.

9 villager power roles, 4 wolves. Making the ratio 13:12. Close? Sure. But I think it will work out alright. :smallbiggrin:

Trust me - I'm the narrator. :smallamused:

happyturtle
2009-03-25, 10:04 AM
You could always kill a prostitute or three in the opening narration. And 4 wolves for 25 players seems a bit low, especially with all the power roles. There's a really complicated balance guide here (http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/81173).

Shadowcaller
2009-03-25, 10:06 AM
Note: You should aim for the villagers to cover about 50 % of the roles in the game. The less villagers there are, the easier the wolves will be to find.

Dirk Kris
2009-03-25, 10:13 AM
SC: stop giving me advice and sign up already, geez! :smallwink:

Mustiado
2009-03-25, 01:01 PM
I just realized USB is one of the last games I'm in.

So In.

Shadowcaller
2009-03-25, 01:04 PM
I guess I'm in then.

TwoBitWriter
2009-03-25, 01:22 PM
Player's List updated. Almost at our goal! :smallbiggrin:

Supagoof
2009-03-25, 01:59 PM
In like Fin.

Tell me what's ya name?
I'm Jack the RAPPER.....
And what's ya game?
Wolves be what I'm after......

Jack the rapper, the lyrical killer,
Comin' hardcore like the Gorilla 'n Manilla
With a 1-2 punch,
I lays the beat out,
When I sneak up from behind,
you have no time to shout,
Secretly silently I lay the tracks,
Mythicly and violent I slay the packs,
For all ya know, I set the pace,
You step to this, you lose the race,
Now step up and slip up, you wolves will lose,
After the alpha, I'll lynch who I choose,
You can't hide amongst the villagers right,
Best test for you is come to get me at night!

Now tell me what's ya name?
I'm Jack the RAPPER.....
And what's ya game?
Wolves be what I'm after......

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2009-03-25, 05:32 PM
If Goof is rapping, then I want in.

TwoBitWriter
2009-03-25, 05:42 PM
:smalleek:

Supagoof is awesome!

*goes to update player list*

horngeek
2009-03-25, 08:53 PM
In. Defenitely.

Gnomish Wanderer
2009-03-26, 03:35 AM
I will join, as I'm starting to feel less sick.

hap_hazard
2009-03-26, 04:58 AM
In if there's space.

TwoBitWriter
2009-03-26, 10:03 AM
I'm afraid this game will have to be put on hold for now.

Dirk has encountered some issues in his personal life and it is likely he will not be able to get on Giant for some time.

My apologies to all. We will restart this game soon, if possible.

Dr. Bath
2009-03-26, 01:34 PM
Even though this is on hold now...

It's Londoners not Londonites. Londonites? Who told you that preposterous hypothesis?

Trixie
2009-03-26, 02:14 PM
It's Londoners not Londonites. Londonites? Who told you that preposterous hypothesis?

Well...

We have Sodom...

And Sodomites :smallamused:

Dr. Bath
2009-03-26, 03:04 PM
Well...

We have Sodom...

And Sodomites :smallamused:

No. But... No.

No.

TwoBitWriter
2009-04-10, 10:32 AM
I'm re-opening this game to recruitment, we still need a few players.

Hopefully, those who have already signed up are still able/willing to play.

UncleWolf
2009-04-10, 11:11 AM
I am sorry, but I think I will have to withdraw since I only have about 4 weeks of my semester left and after that, I will likely not have any internet.

Uncle Festy
2009-04-11, 09:23 PM
Confirming.

Lizard Lord
2009-04-12, 12:54 AM
I'll join in

banjo1985
2009-04-12, 04:26 AM
My original interest is as strong as ever guys, I'm still in.

Zar Peter
2009-04-12, 04:30 AM
Still in to help the Londonites Londiniums Londish capitalists of England

Dallas-Dakota
2009-04-12, 04:33 AM
In purely because of some of the people who are already in.

happyturtle
2009-04-12, 05:48 AM
Still in. explosive runes

Dirk Kris
2009-04-12, 07:26 AM
Thanks to everyone willing to play and for those patient enough to deal with my absence. It's good to be back, and I'm looking forward to starting this soon, possibly this week.

Mordokai
2009-04-12, 07:54 AM
Still interested as well.

*gets blown up again*
*poofs smoke clouds*

You'd think I'd get wiser by now...

Trixie
2009-04-12, 10:44 AM
As for now, In :smallsigh:

I'll be killed on day one, anyway, as always-good wolf suspect :smallsigh:

billtodamax
2009-04-12, 04:11 PM
I'm Still in.

RedScholarGypsy
2009-04-12, 08:40 PM
Is there still room? If so I'm in.

TwoBitWriter
2009-04-13, 12:14 PM
We should be sitting pretty right at 25.

At this point, all further inquiries will be placed as auto-lynch replacements.

Recruiting will officially end on Wednesday.

Roles will be determined and handed out on Thursday and Friday.

The game will officially start on Sunday.

Sound good? Not that you have any real say in the matter.

Anyhow, we are already at 25, but I will still keep recruiting open until Wednesday to pick up a few auto-lynch replacements.

Looking forward to getting this game off the ground.

Thufir
2009-04-13, 03:41 PM
OK, make me an autolynch replacement.
Since this looks interesting enough that I'll probably follow the thread anyway, just for the narration...

Uncle Festy
2009-04-14, 12:00 AM
… eh, I'm in too many games already.
Give Thufir my slot, and switch me to autolynch replacement.

TwoBitWriter
2009-04-14, 07:38 AM
Changes are made, Thufir, you have Festy's slot.

I, per Dr. Bath's outburst, have amended the first post to state Londoners.

And I ask for forgiveness in that. This game is being run by two Americans, after all. :smalltongue:

Dirk Kris
2009-04-15, 09:03 AM
We will be taking auto-lynch replacements even after the game starts. Up until the point that we reach the end of the list, at least.

Roles have been determined, and PM's will be sent today or tomorrow.

Game begins Sunday, April 19. At whatever time I get around to it.

Just so everyone knows, due to changes I have made, there are 4 masons, 4 Team Good, 4 baddies, and 13 villagers. Thanks - and good luck.

TwoBitWriter
2009-04-15, 03:58 PM
Okay, role pm's have been sent out.

If you have not received one, please notify me now.

You may RP at your leisure starting now. :smallbiggrin:

The game will start on Sunday, so you might as well have fun while you are still alive. :smalltongue:

Fawkes
2009-04-15, 04:33 PM
Sign me up as a replacey.

Dirk Kris
2009-04-16, 10:23 AM
It's dusk - time to get to work. Polly Nichols collects her things - a comb, a white handkerchief, and a broken shard of mirror - and tucks them into the pockets of her pettycoat. She brushes her fingers through her dark hair, tinged with the first signs of grey at the temples. Slipping on a rough pair of men's boots - something she found tossed out one day - she grunts with effort as she squeezes into them. Sighing, weary already, she heads out, closing the door behind her. Not that it matters - the others are in and out so often, and the door doesn't fit the opening - there are gaps on all sides.

Heading down to the main part of the district - Whitechapel - Polly nods at familiar faces, other whores, regular customers. If she turns a trick tonight, she can buy a stale loaf of bread - if she turns two, she can also buy herself a shot of gin. She smiles inwardly, careful not to let the gaps from her missing teeth show. She tosses her head and stands on the corner in front of her favorite pub, hoping to get lucky.

mangosta71
2009-04-16, 12:02 PM
If you need more victims, I'd be happy to join you guys.

Dirk Kris
2009-04-19, 08:42 AM
It begins!

August 31, 1888

It's a dark, cold London night. A light rain falls, bathing the city in a gray mist. The beggars are upon you before you can see to avoid them, the streetwalkers catcalling to get out of the rain.

One girl gets lucky. Mary Ann "Polly" Nichols has seen better days, but she keeps her face washed and combs through her dark hair with her fingers, so she still gets some business. She's careful not to smile, as her missing teeth have chased off a customer or two before. She catches the attention of a young, nervous-looking gentleman. He's dressed in a vest, a shirt with clean sleeves, and trousers with no patches. He tells her it's his first time - and it probably is. She speaks quietly, gently, not wanting to frighten him away. She does want to eat tonight, after all. A deal is struck, and she leads him to the stableyard around the corner...

A few hours later, a policeman's whistle sounds. He has found a woman, dressed shabbily in a black straw bonnet, brown frock, and black wool stockings. Her face is cold, and blood is pooled around her. Her throat is visciously cut - she had to chance to scream. Her abdomen is split in a jagged cut. As the young officer moves towards her feet with his lantern, he finds a young man, dapper, pale, stabbed several times in the abdomen. Both are dead, a bloody mess...

Across town, a man descends from a fine black carriage. He wears his coat pulled tightly closed around him. As he makes his way into a massive stone building, in his gloved hand something shines as it catches the light of dawn - a broken piece of mirror...

Soon the word is out - Jack the Ripper has been out to play, and they've no idea how to stop him...

Summary
Dirk Kris and TwoBitWriter were killed. They were the Narrators.

Day One begins now and ends in approximately 48 hours. Remember to send all actions to TBW and myself. Good luck...

Reinholdt
2009-04-19, 09:02 AM
I shall sign up for auto-lynch replacement.

TwoBitWriter
2009-04-19, 09:41 AM
She catches the attention of a young, nervous-looking gentleman. He's dressed in a vest, a shirt with clean sleeves, and trousers with no patches. He tells her it's his first time - and it probably is. She speaks quietly, gently, not wanting to frighten him away.

I still don't entirely approve of being portrayed in this manner... :smallamused:

Dirk Kris
2009-04-19, 12:28 PM
I still don't entirely approve of being portrayed in this manner... :smallamused:

Shaddup - before I keeeeeeeel you again! :smallamused:

Murska
2009-04-19, 12:32 PM
Shaddup - before I keeeeeeeel you again! :smallamused:

'again'? DIRK IS THE MURDERER! :smalleek:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2009-04-19, 02:29 PM
http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/wolfshonor/llamas/th_holmes.gif

*Sherllama Holmes trotted out from Baker Street and over to the crime scene. A small bassett hound tags along with him.*

Mr. Holmes? I'm El Puppito, The notoriious bandit. Isn't your sidekick supposed to be a doctor.

Under normal circumstances, perhaps,but you're a fan favorite and the people seem to love you. Now look here. See how the killing were done with a knife. You'd assume that the killer was traditionally a knife killer. However, these slashes are rudimentary work at best. The killer hardly seems proficient with the weapon. The killer slashes more than stabs. Slashes look more impressive, but cause 1/4 the damage unless it is a deep slash. Most knife killers stab. This person doesn't usually use a knife, but is probably a trained killer trying to hide his style. Note also the many attacks on the legs and ankles. This person is very short. I assume it is the local sniper kitty, Reinholdt, since he usually uses a gun.

happyturtle
2009-04-19, 02:33 PM
A girl darts through the crowds with the advantage of small size and the innate understanding of the streets. Sometime later, many of the people she goes past will discover they are missing their purses or handkerchiefs. From one man's pocket, she procured a pocket watch that would have given affluence indeed to her squalid existence, but she was forced to surrender it to one of the boy gangs for protection.

Simone had no gang. It was just her and her mother, who shared a small garret. There was a broken cupboard where she could hide when Mamma had a customer. She'd long since learned to sleep through it.

Trixie
2009-04-19, 02:41 PM
Atreyu's reasoning is full of holes and leaks like a sieve. That, and hooves are at low level he mentioned. [Hides his knife and smiles wickedly :-E ]

Shadowcaller
2009-04-19, 02:50 PM
Trixie for stating the obvious.

Gnomish Wanderer
2009-04-19, 05:56 PM
Shadowcaller, for the congo!

RedScholarGypsy
2009-04-19, 05:58 PM
I vote Murska* for the glory of Africa.

Edited *

Deathslayer7
2009-04-19, 07:19 PM
Gnomish wanderers are always wierdos.

Reinholdt
2009-04-19, 07:48 PM
http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/wolfshonor/llamas/th_holmes.gif

*Sherllama Holmes trotted out from Baker Street and over to the crime scene. A small bassett hound tags along with him.*

Mr. Holmes? I'm El Puppito, The notoriious bandit. Isn't your sidekick supposed to be a doctor.

Under normal circumstances, perhaps,but you're a fan favorite and the people seem to love you. Now look here. See how the killing were done with a knife. You'd assume that the killer was traditionally a knife killer. However, these slashes are rudimentary work at best. The killer hardly seems proficient with the weapon. The killer slashes more than stabs. Slashes look more impressive, but cause 1/4 the damage unless it is a deep slash. Most knife killers stab. This person doesn't usually use a knife, but is probably a trained killer trying to hide his style. Note also the many attacks on the legs and ankles. This person is very short. I assume it is the local sniper kitty, Reinholdt, since he usually uses a gun.
"Blast! I knew I should've brought that step ladder. Curse you Sherllama! CURSE YOU!"
*shakes paw at and flees into the night*

horngeek
2009-04-19, 08:06 PM
I have to vote for Trixie Atreyu

Fleeing Coward
2009-04-19, 08:19 PM
Shadowcaller is Jack. I scried him last night.

Lizard Lord
2009-04-19, 09:45 PM
"Blast! I knew I should've brought that step ladder. Curse you Sherllama! Curse you!"
*shakes paw at and flees into the night*

Aha! An admission of guilt!
Reinholdt
:smallbiggrin:

horngeek
2009-04-19, 10:23 PM
Um, guys? Reinholdt is only an auto-lynch replacment, he isn't actually in the game at the moment.

Just saying.

Aemoh
2009-04-19, 11:03 PM
*points at Fleeing Coward*

It just feels right, is all.

Deathslayer7
2009-04-19, 11:33 PM
Um, guys? Reinholdt is only an auto-lynch replacment, he isn't actually in the game at the moment.

Just saying.

lol. I was wondering who would bring that up. :smallbiggrin:

Jontom Xire
2009-04-21, 02:45 AM
INPUT: It is day one.
OUTPUT: I point at Murska.

Although pointing at FC is veeerry tempting.

billtodamax
2009-04-21, 03:50 AM
Atreyu for pointing at the only person that can't possibly be a wolf.

Zar Peter
2009-04-21, 04:20 AM
Day one random point... today at Lizard Lord

Thufir
2009-04-21, 07:12 AM
A nervous young man moves furtively towards one of the ladies of the night, thoroughly failing to look natural. However he clearly loses his nerve when he sees the police milling around. As he hurries away, he and the hooker he was headed for share a frightened glance at the industrious investigation of the renowned detective Sherllama Holmes (Atreyu), then she also turns to leave. This is not a place anyone should linger in right now.

Murska
2009-04-21, 08:14 AM
Reinholdt. After all, it's very logical.

Dirk Kris
2009-04-21, 08:34 AM
A notice from the narrators. Due to forum outages, Day One will be extended approximately 24 hours.

Also, those pointing at Reinholdt need to change their votes. They will not count as activity, as he is not yet in the game. Thank you.

happyturtle
2009-04-21, 08:38 AM
Jontom Xire, because he's a UK citizen and I just passed my UK citizenship exam. :smallbiggrin:

*happy dances all over the forums*

Jontom Xire
2009-04-21, 09:03 AM
Why did you want to become a UK citizenship? This country is going to the dogs.

Where were you from originally?

happyturtle
2009-04-21, 09:09 AM
I'm American. Mr HT is English. And I've grown fond of this funny little island where everything is half the size and twice the cost of what I grew up with.

Lizard Lord
2009-04-21, 09:12 AM
The voices in my head tell me to point at Happyturtle.

Murska
2009-04-21, 09:16 AM
A notice from the narrators. Due to forum outages, Day One will be extended approximately 24 hours.

Also, those pointing at Reinholdt need to change their votes. They will not count as activity, as he is not yet in the game. Thank you.

Aww, but I did show activity by that?

Hmf. Happyturtle.

banjo1985
2009-04-21, 09:37 AM
A deerstalker-clad English gentleman stands in the shadows, polishing his monocle.

"I say, it seems as if evil is afoot! So all we need now is some kind of cement shoe..."

After his awful pun the gentleman bustles off down an alleyway, bumping into Zar Peter on his way.

Supagoof
2009-04-21, 10:36 AM
A man exits a shop with a box in his hands.

Yes! Now my day has come. I can become the greatest street performer in all of London's history.

He takes the box to a corner, sets it down and opens it. He spreads the cardboard flat on the ground. Insdie the box was an organ grinder. He inserts the handle and begins churning. A musical melody escapes the device. The man begins to sing along.

Now what you hear is not a test, I'm a rapping to the sound.
Of the music box that plays some hip hop, an organ to go around.
Now my name is Su-pa-Goof, and I'd like to say hello,
To the gentlemen and ladies and those I do not know,
So if you like a what you hear, then throw a little cash,
Or move your feet to the beat, take a picture, use the flash,
Now if a cop comes along, then I must run, us performers they don't like,
It's cause the envy, all that is, music without no mic

He keeps singing as the music keeps playing. A gentleman walks along and scoffs. Bopping his head to the beat (of the organ?:smallamused:) Supagoof points at Jontom Xire to try and get him to feel the rhythm.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2009-04-21, 11:14 AM
Atreyu for pointing at the only person that can't possibly be a wolf.

(Actually, there are many people who couldn't possibly be a wolf. Therefore I have caught you in a lie. That makes you suspicious. Since I have no other leads to go on, that makes you the most suspicious person to me. Since you are the most suspicious person I have on my list of suspicious people, I should point at you billtodamax.

P.S. Goof, you continue to rock)

*The llama tosses a few coins at the street rapper as he trots back to Baker Street*

A spot of bad luck, El Puppito. It appears I've drawn attention to myself perhaps a bit too much.
Well, boss, maybe it wasn't as funny as you thought.
Perhaps not, Wat..Pepito, but old habits do die so hard. Besides, its just a bit of first day fun. At least I'll actually die this time instead of what happened.......last time I was Atreyu's PC.
Hehehehehe, poor Thes.

Mustiado
2009-04-21, 12:44 PM
Ooh, I like the cut of ZP's jib. Lizard Lord

EagleWiz
2009-04-21, 02:37 PM
Happyturtle did want to be day one killed.

RedScholarGypsy
2009-04-21, 08:10 PM
Meh, Murska, you're no fun, not acknowledging me at all.... I'll go with Happyturtle . I'm glad you passed your exam, though, for what it's worth, me trying to kill you and all :smallwink:.

hap_hazard
2009-04-21, 08:33 PM
RedScholarGypsy.

happyturtle
2009-04-21, 08:42 PM
Happyturtle did want to be day one killed.

No I don't. I don't want to die early two games in a row. :smallfrown:

Switching to Atreyu in a desperate attempt to safe myself.

Mordokai
2009-04-22, 04:08 AM
*sigh* I don't want to see happy die on day one in two games in a row as well.

I'm sorry Atreyu. I really didn't want to do this. But if I have to choose between a friend and a hillarious llama, I'll choose the former.

horngeek
2009-04-22, 04:38 AM
My vote has now changed from Trixie to Atreyu.

@V: done.

Mordokai
2009-04-22, 04:55 AM
You have to go back and edit your first post with point, if you want that to count.

Just saying.

Fleeing Coward
2009-04-22, 10:03 AM
Switching to Happyturtle

TwoBitWriter
2009-04-22, 10:07 AM
Day 1 has ended, no further votes will be considered.

Narration and Summary are soon to follow.

Dirk Kris
2009-04-22, 11:58 AM
Day 1 Ends!

Out in the streets and back alleys, a llama draped with a plaid cloak trots along, a small dog at his cloven heels.

So, back to Fleet Street?
It's Baker Street, Puppito. Wrong dark seedy London setting.
Oh yeah. Walking around behind you and your...vent...has left my nose and brain hurting. I wonder if worker's comp covers olfactory abuse?
You don't have worker's comp - you're a dog.
Meh, details.

The furry twosome head towards home, unaware that they are being stalked...

...by a giant lynch mob. The crowd overtakes them and starts shouting.
Get them!
Yeah - talking animals must be evil!

PETA would be losing their minds...if PETA existed.

Summary
Atreyu was killed. He was a Villager.

Night One begins now and ends in about 24 hours, or as soon as all night actions have been submitted. Submit all actions to both Dirk Kris and TwoBitWriter.

horngeek
2009-04-22, 09:30 PM
:smalleek:

oops

billtodamax
2009-04-22, 10:02 PM
The furry twosome head towards home, unaware that they are being stalked...

...by a giant lynch mob.
This got a chuckle. Nice narration.

Dirk Kris
2009-04-23, 02:24 PM
Night 1 Ends!

As the daylight loses its fight against the darkness and fades away, people hurry inside, nervously glancing over their shoulders. Even the hookers huddle together, hoping for strength and safety in numbers.

A few brave souls still roam the streets. Amongst them is a man, often seen but rarely spoken to. He walks with a pronounced limp, and part of the reason he is so aloof is his speaking impediment. Lizard Lord wanders, unaware of the goings-on today. Hearing the clatter of horses, he steps to the side of the road to let them pass. However, the horses stop near him, as well as the carriage they are pulling. A man steps out, finely dressed, wearing a long, flowing cape. He carries a dark bag with him, and wears tight leather gloves. The man brushes himself off and approaches Lizard Lord, smiling.
"Hello there. Lizard Lord, correct?"
He nods his head, not eager for more taunting.
"Come now, no need to be shy. I'm a doctor - I can help you!"
Lizard Lord's eyes brighten. "It isssss not often ssssssomeone caresssss to sssspeak with me. I am but a lowly worker at the ssssshipyardsssss, and even the children mock me when I sssssspeak."
The man nods, his brow creasing with sympathy. "I know - I've been watching you. But I can promise, when I'm finished with you, no one will ever mock you again."
"Thanksssss! But I, uh, I don't have any money."
The man grins widely. "Oh, I don't want your money. I'll get all the payment I require from my work. Here, come this way and we'll get started." He leads Lizard Lord to a darkened alleyway and sets down his bag. "There we are. Now, open wide..."

In the morning Lizard Lord is found, his throat cut cleanly open. A spray of blood against the opposite wall suggests the killer stood behind him to do the deed. Upon closer inspection, the police find that poor Lizard Lord's tongue was removed - the source of his speech problem. But it seems Jack was right - no one will make fun of him anymore.

Summary
Lizard Lord was killed by Jack. He was a Villager.

Day 2 begins now and ends in about 48 hours. Good luck!

TwoBitWriter
2009-04-23, 02:52 PM
Warning: the following people must vote today or be auto-lynched.

1) RabbitHoleLost
2) DD the CookieMonster
3) Skippy

horngeek
2009-04-23, 05:00 PM
It was Mordokai, with the lead pipe, in the ballroom.

What?

@V: But.. But... But...

Trixie
2009-04-23, 05:09 PM
Horngeek tries to hide an awfully big knife behind his head :smallbiggrin: I approve, btw.

Fleeing Coward
2009-04-23, 09:15 PM
Horngeek because I'm sticking with my theory that first person to post after any lynch is usually a wolf especially if they cheer if a wolf is lynched or show remorse if an innocent is lynched.

Skippy
2009-04-23, 10:40 PM
I'll go with Trixie today

RabbitHoleLost
2009-04-24, 12:09 AM
To avoid auto-lynch, I'll follow Skippy and point at Trixie.
Just cause.

RedScholarGypsy
2009-04-24, 12:13 AM
Horngeek because I'm sticking with my theory that first person to post after any lynch is usually a wolf especially if they cheer if a wolf is lynched or show remorse if an innocent is lynched.

Meh, last game I was in that would've killed the baner and spy in the first three days, as well as me, so you can see why I frown on your theory. :smallfrown: That said, to show I put my money where my mouth is, I'll join him against Mordokai for now.

Question for Narrators: Should we let the next two* on the AL replacement list vote so in case they fall off as early leavers we still keep the game flowing/build up a nice voting record for later incrimination? :smallbiggrin: Your game, just suggesting. Also, great narration.

Edited*

banjo1985
2009-04-24, 03:36 AM
The strange gentleman in the deerstalker points at Eaglewiz.

"I say good chap, you don't happen to be a barber do you...next to a pie shop?"

The gentleman seems to be after the wrong criminal.

happyturtle
2009-04-24, 06:01 AM
Trixie because I don't like lynching n00bs without evidence.

Trixie
2009-04-24, 06:06 AM
Umm, he isn't a noob. And, pray tell, how exactly one point on a person above me is lynching?

If you wish, I can point on you, any time :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2009-04-24, 06:13 AM
Haven't seen him in werewolf games before.

Zar Peter
2009-04-24, 06:37 AM
Basicly I agree with FC here, Horngeek is it then...

Murska
2009-04-24, 06:39 AM
Horngeek because he switched his point during the last day at someone who was a villager, saving someone else, whose role remains unknown. :smallconfused:

Jontom Xire
2009-04-24, 07:15 AM
So why don't we lynch the person Horngeek was previously pointing at? Also was there a bandwagon race at the time. If the person Horngeek was previously pointing at wasn't likely to be lynched then he is irrelevant in working out why the point switch happened.

Murska
2009-04-24, 07:18 AM
So why don't we lynch the person Horngeek was previously pointing at? Also was there a bandwagon race at the time. If the person Horngeek was previously pointing at wasn't likely to be lynched then he is irrelevant in working out why the point switch happened.

Because there is no bandwagon already on the person Horngeek was previously pointing at.

Yeah, Happyturtle was quite close to Atreyu in points, second bandwagon choice, in fact.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-04-24, 07:20 AM
Horngeek, because usually, this is true.

Its an age old theory which I usually follow.....When I remember it.

happyturtle
2009-04-24, 07:25 AM
And Horngeek is a fellow ffrp-er, and that's probably why he changed votes to save me.

I'm a villager. I don't know what Horngeek's role is, I just don't like lynching new werewolf players without more evidence than has so far been presented. :smallannoyed:

TwoBitWriter
2009-04-24, 07:26 AM
This is just a notice that, starting tonight, I will be out on a camping trip with no internets until Sunday evening.

Dirk will also be unavailable until Sunday morning.

Therefore, this day will be extended an extra day as well as neither of us will be available with a Saturday update.

Jontom Xire
2009-04-24, 07:27 AM
Because there is no bandwagon already on the person Horngeek was previously pointing at.

Yeah, Happyturtle was quite close to Atreyu in points, second bandwagon choice, in fact.

Well then I point at Happyturtle.

Let's look at the evidence:

Yesterday Horngeek switches point to Atreyu helping save Happyturtle.
Today Happyturtle votes for Trixie on the grounds that she doesn't want to lynch the n00b (I assume she means Horngeek).

They are clearly in cahoots.

Fleeing Coward
2009-04-24, 09:10 AM
Well then I point at Happyturtle.

Let's look at the evidence:

Yesterday Horngeek switches point to Atreyu helping save Happyturtle.
Today Happyturtle votes for Trixie on the grounds that she doesn't want to lynch the n00b (I assume she means Horngeek).

They are clearly in cahoots.

Except that'd be abit too obvious and it might just have been wolves pushing both bandwagons yesterday.
I still think horngeek is the more likely of the 2 to be a wolf here and if you say they're in cahoots, I think you'll have little problem getting horngeek lynched instead to test the theory.
If he turns out to be wolf, we can always then decide to lynch happyturtle barring something from a seer or seer proxy.

happyturtle
2009-04-24, 10:21 AM
Clearly. *eyeroll*

You know what? Go ahead and lynch me first. You'll see that I'm not a wolf or a mason, and therefore not formally in cahoots with anyone. And let the new guy play for a little longer.

Happyturtle

Fleeing Coward
2009-04-24, 10:49 AM
Clearly. *eyeroll*

You know what? Go ahead and lynch me first. You'll see that I'm not a wolf or a mason, and therefore not formally in cahoots with anyone. And let the new guy play for a little longer.

Happyturtle

Well that makes no sense. Why would you want to save the new guy if you're not a wolf or mason?
In the end this is still a WW game and the objective is to win so why would you deliberately sacrifice yourself and potentially hinder your own team to save someone who you don't know the role of?

Only reasons I can think of is either:
A) Horngeek's got an important good guy role and you know it, in which case he might as well come forward himself.
B) You're both wolves but he's Jack and you expect him to be scried and proven "innocent" so you're sacrificing yourself for him.
C) You're Jack and you're trying to make yourself look more innocent if we do lynch him while also knowing that if you do somehow get yourself lynched, you can take a villager down with you.
or
D) You just value saving a new guy more than potentially killing a wolf in which case I don't know what you're thinking...

Either way, I'm sticking to my point on horngeek.

happyturtle
2009-04-24, 11:08 AM
If I believed he was a wolf, I wouldn't do it. So far the only evidence is that he posted first after the lynch and his supposed collusion with me. The first is very speculative. The second is partly my fault. So if you lynch me instead, you can see that the second one isn't true and come up with something better.

New players are good for the werewolf community. When we're still in the early stages of the game where lynches are basically random guesses, I prefer not to choose the new guy. Are my motives really that hard to understand?

Aemoh
2009-04-24, 12:18 PM
*stays away from the day's wagon*

*points at RedScholarGypsy for fun*

Trixie
2009-04-24, 12:21 PM
And Horngeek is a fellow ffrp-er, and that's probably why he changed votes to save me.

Too bad this pretty much never happens to me :smallsigh:

I'm a villager. I don't know what Horngeek's role is, I just don't like lynching new werewolf players without more evidence than has so far been presented. :smallannoyed:

Too bad this pretty much never happens to me :smallsigh:

But if you're willing to protect new player, sure: happyturtle.

Though I feel this little show of compassion will probablyblow right into my face.

happyturtle
2009-04-24, 12:29 PM
Trixie, you haven't been a new player for some time, as your own sig shows.

Supagoof
2009-04-24, 12:50 PM
The man with the organ grinder begins his street performance again.

I like the points that do not lie,
Now you other gents can decide,
If a noob changed his pace was worth anything in this place,
Or if he's a wolf trying to hide his face,
You got to lynch
I ain't being a grinch,
Cause you saw that his point killed llama,
Now don't go crying to your mama,
OOOOOh Happy
She just trying to save him,
Cause she want new guys to be playin'
The others tried to warn ya,
But they seemed convinced they're Go-go-gonna getcha.
Say Huh, Supagoofin'
You say you want speak about him?
Well too me he's a noobie,
And that's just another groupie,
Some fella's think he's playin,
To hell with what their sayin,
Just point,
point,
And set fire up in this joint!
Happy got his Back!

Supagoof points at a man, who turns and flees.

Well, you don't have to be a fleeing coward to just say you don't like my music.

((I believe Happy, and I think this contreversy is just wolves trying to stir up the pot to avoid anyone being suspicious of themselves. She didn't ask you to scry her tonight, she asked you to lynch her. With that being said, Fleeing Coward seems to be the most intent in keeping that pot boiling with flimsy logic.

In LLD Happy claimed to be a duck, and she was
In this game, she claimed to be a villager, and since I've not seen her lie
I also like to give new players a chance to go the distance in games. You want to take someone out, take out an old timer. At least you know their tricks. :smallamused:

Though really, out of one point change we've found two wolves, one of which is the alpha? Seems a bit far stretched for day 2 to me.

And I could be wrong as well, but I'd rather play out the numbers. :smallredface:))

Deathslayer7
2009-04-24, 12:54 PM
Aemoh, always keeping a low profile.

Mordokai
2009-04-24, 12:56 PM
I also like to give new players a chance to go the distance in games. You want to take someone out, take out an old timer. At least you know their tricks. :smallamused:

Fair enough Supagoof :smalltongue:

Trixie
2009-04-24, 02:01 PM
Trixie, you haven't been a new player for some time, as your own sig shows.

Yeah, but that never worked for me, even when I was new :smallsigh:

EagleWiz
2009-04-24, 03:07 PM
I doubt that happy is a wolf, and the evidance against the newb is rather pathetic. Thus, my only option is to vote for Banjo.

Dirk Kris
2009-04-26, 09:48 AM
Day extended for a few hours to allow for a correction. If you haven't voted, vote now.

Also, RSG - players on the auto list cannot vote until they are IN the game. This is done to protect everyone, as there is no telling what roles they will receive once they begin playing.

Mustiado
2009-04-26, 02:56 PM
Supagoof!!!!

RedScholarGypsy
2009-04-26, 06:29 PM
Hmm, Didn't think like that. You're right, good call.

I got to admit though, the bold red text makes me feel like I'm getting chewed out. :smallfrown: But it's all good. :smallwink:

billtodamax
2009-04-26, 06:39 PM
TFPAMTAP Mustiado
(A cookie to whoever figures out what that acronym stands for.)

Murska
2009-04-26, 07:07 PM
TFPAMTAP Mustiado
(A cookie to whoever figures out what that acronym stands for.)

The First Person Above Me That's Actually Playing?

billtodamax
2009-04-26, 07:14 PM
*gives cookie* Yay!

hap_hazard
2009-04-27, 12:30 AM
Billtodamax.

Shadowcaller
2009-04-27, 06:31 AM
Horngeek, these 25 % rules are really dangerous for the villagers...

Dirk Kris
2009-04-27, 02:40 PM
Day over.

It's starting to get dark, and the inhabitants of the Whitechapel district are frightened. Fearing another night with the killer on the loose, they decide to try and weed him out. A newcomer speaks up and points, and the mob turns on him.

"He must be the killer! Look at that big knife he's carrying!"
"Look, I'm just as scared as you! This knife is for self-defense!'
"Yeah right."
"Get him!"

Summary
Horngeek was killed. He was a Villager.

Night 2 begins now and ends in 24 hours or when all night actions are submitted. Send actions to Dirk Kris AND TwoBitWriter. Good luck.

Dirk Kris
2009-04-28, 09:14 AM
Night ends.

September 8, 1888

Murska wanders the streets, working, as ever. He tries, and fails, to get any "customers". People are scared of "Jack the Ripper", as he's being called now. Murska snorts. People are blowing this way out of proportion. I'm alright, though - I've got a network. Spotting one of his comrades, Murska gives a little wave to let them know he's alright.

A carriage pulls up next to him. Murska leans close to speak to whomever is inside. A passerby hears part of the exchange.
"Will you?"
"Yes."

They head into the backyard of a tightly clustered group of buildings, where they will be protected from prying eyes as their "business" is conducted.

As Murska tries to untie his purse strings, the stranger moves behind him. He whispers into Murska's ear.
"I know who you are - Dark Annie."
"NO!"
A thump is heard against the side of the fence, then quiet.

In the morning, he is found, his throat cut, his intestines pulled out and piled neatly on his shoulder. The middle finger of the left hand is gone, along with the three brass rings that adorned it. It's all so calm, so deliberate. The policeman who responds first vomits several times before he is dismissed.

Across town, the carriage stops. Its rider emerges and pulls a bloody handkerchief from his pocket. Unable to resist another look, he unfolds it and smiles at its contents - the ringed finger.

Summary
Murska was killed by Jack the Ripper. He was Annie Chapman - a mason.

Day 3 begins now and ends in about 48 hours.

Mordokai
2009-04-28, 04:28 PM
DD the Cookiemonster

For the lack of better idea or lead. If something better comes along I'm willing to listen to it.

Shadowcaller
2009-04-28, 04:48 PM
Supagoof for now.

RedScholarGypsy
2009-04-28, 05:30 PM
I'm going to vote Banjo, who has been keeping a low profile. Doesn't vote too early, not too late, keeps posts short, and never joins a bandwagon. The same could be said of Aemoh and Hap, but they were both wolves last game i was in so I'll go with Banjo.

Also, anyone done any actual thought/discussion into the game theory/strategy for these games with roles and whatnot? This is only my second game and I'm interested to see what other people have come up with.

happyturtle
2009-04-28, 05:43 PM
Yup. Lots of people have! Most recently, it was Hyozo.

That was my second Werewolf game, and I was clueless. I think I'll list off what I've learned since then:
-Murska is always a wolf.
-Murska is frequently not a wolf.
-All wolves point randomly.
-All wolves are bandwagoners.
-Only wolves like to keep a low profile by frequently missing days
-Only villagers get autolynched.
-Shadow usually isn't a wolf, I still shouldn't ever trust him.
-Using petty revenge to determine early votes is meaningless and likely to get me lynched.
-Using petty revenge to determine early votes is better than nothing and therefore a good idea.
-People who claim to be a villager never really are villagers.
-Sometimes people who claim to be a villager really are villagers.
-Wolves don't point at each other on days where it makes a difference.
-Wolves like to point at each other to make it look like they're not on the same side. Since changing points would make them look extremely suspicious, this means that wolves frequently start bandwagons against each other.
-When a wolf is likely to be lynched, other wolves join the bandwagon to throw suspicion off themselves.
-Wolves covet easily defended positions, the easiest of these for them to gain is "I was the vote that pushed that wolf bandwagon into the lead, clearly no wolf would do that."
-Whenever I have a theory which I believe to be worth telling people, it is probably wrong.
-Whenever I have a theory which I do not believe to be worth telling people, it is probably right, and I will probably die before I change my mind.

Thufir
2009-04-28, 06:11 PM
There was a distinctly frightened atmosphere pervading the loitering crowds - if they didn't need the money, the ladies probably wouldn't be out, and the regular customers were too unnerved to relax and get their play. Everyone knew Annie was one of the smartest and most streetwise of all of them. If Jack got her... he could get any one of them. Fear turned to paranoia, and not even a passing gypsy (RedScholarGypsy) was above suspicion.

happyturtle
2009-04-28, 06:42 PM
Simone grinned as she ran lightly along the rooftops. She had done well today. There had been a runaway cart in the streets, and in the chaos, she'd grabbed two cheeses of a merchant's stand. She sold one of them to a working girls, and bought a loaf of bread. And she still had threepence left over! Mamma would be so pleased!

She shimmied down the rain spout, opened the window, and slid inside.

"Mamma! I have a feast! It's --"

Evaya's unseeing eyes stared up at the ceiling. Her long black hair spread out on the pillow. Her mouth open in one last frozen scream.

The bundle of food was dropped, forgotten. "Mamma... oh Mamma..." Simone crawled into the narrow blood soaked bed with her mother's mutilated body, and cried.

Zar Peter
2009-04-29, 12:41 AM
Point at Gnomish Wanderer... and I don't know why.

billtodamax
2009-04-29, 01:07 AM
Zar Peter to dodge the auto.

Supagoof
2009-04-29, 01:37 AM
Seeing a man spot him.

Look over there. That guys entertaining!

Supagoof decides it's time for another show for that shadowcaller.

Come Together[/B] by The Beatles (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vAqekT-GuA)]
Here come ol' Caller
He come, moving up slowly,
He got more then one arm now,
He's won four trophy
On-a-su-ma drew his avi
Got-to-be-a-joker,
He-just-point-as-he-please

He wear brown clothing,
He play lots of were wolf,
He got Orc in Playground
He creep in the shadow,
He say I think I go with Supa-G,
One-thing-I-can-tell-you,
Is-that-you-wrong-you-see.
Shadowcaller, please don't, point at me.

He big suspicion,
He got, no-oh reason
He say, tis the season,
He play, then be leavin,
He got hair, goin' everywhere,
Once-you-get-to-know-me,
I-gone-make-you-believe,

He roller coaster,
He don't know no better,
He go, write a letter,
He one, Mojo player,
He say one and one is three,
Got-to-hide-in-shadow,
Cause-he-so-hard-to-see!

Shadowcaller....
Shadowcaller....
Shadowcaller.... (please don't)
Shadowcaller....

When the music stops, there's a crowd gathered around with lighters in the air.

Jontom Xire
2009-04-29, 04:36 AM
I'm so losing track of this game. Is there any reason not to lynch Murska or is that just in "WoD: The Seven"?

I'm going to point at Supagoof on the grounds that he takes so much effort in his posts so as to persuade us not to point at him, and he does so because he has a special role as a bad guy.

Ok, so it's thin and not very based on evidence or logic, but I don't have any other ideas right now. So please don't criticise my logic here.

Thufir
2009-04-29, 05:11 AM
I'm so losing track of this game. Is there any reason not to lynch Murska or is that just in "WoD: The Seven"?

Maybe the fact the wolves killed him last night and he was a mason?

Jontom Xire
2009-04-29, 06:01 AM
Oh yeah :smallredface:

I did read that post, but between catching up with first thing work at work and dealing with several other game threads...

:smallfrown:

Skippy
2009-04-29, 09:23 AM
I'd like to point at JX while I catch up on the reading of this thread

Thufir
2009-04-29, 09:35 AM
And Hyozo's not in this game...

Supagoof
2009-04-29, 11:22 AM

I'm going to point at Supagoof on the grounds that he takes so much effort in his posts so as to persuade us not to point at him, and he does so because he has a special role as a bad guy.

Ok, so it's thin and not very based on evidence or logic, but I don't have any other ideas right now. So please don't criticise my logic here.
Oh, but I will! :smalltongue:

It takes a lot of effort to parody lyrics to fit the game. I'd hate to be killed and have that go to waste, as I'm rather enjoying trying to be entertaining. :smallamused: So, if I can keep the bandwagons off of me, that'd be great for me to continue playing the only WW game I'm currently in.

First off, you're forgetting the rules...

-Sometimes people who claim to be a villager really are villagers.

And the reason I pointed at Shadowcaller....

-Using petty revenge to determine early votes is better than nothing and therefore a good idea...he pointed at me first. :smalltongue:

But let's see which of these rules you're falling into

-All wolves are bandwagoners.
Yep. Second person on it. I don't buy the 3rd person makes the wagon.

-Only wolves like to keep a low profile by frequently missing days Or claiming to miss nights. Though what villagers misses who was killed last night? Villagers have to check to make sure it wasn't them. Only a wolf would not bother to check, since they already know who died! :smallconfused:

-Whenever I have a theory which I believe to be worth telling people, it is probably wrong.
-Whenever I have a theory which I do not believe to be worth telling people, it is probably right, and I will probably die before I change my mind.
Yeah...there's this too. :smallredface:

Aemoh
2009-04-29, 01:01 PM
*points at Skippy*

For the fun of it.

Murska
2009-04-29, 05:57 PM
Maybe the fact the wolves killed him last night and he was a mason?

Yeah, you think that proves anything in my case? :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2009-04-29, 05:59 PM
If anyone could figure out a way to fake mason while dead, I'm sure my dad is the one to do it.

banjo1985
2009-04-30, 05:05 AM
Billtodamax, because like me, he's tooooooo quiet!

Shadowcaller
2009-04-30, 05:06 AM
If anyone could figure out a way to fake mason while dead, I'm sure my dad is the one to do it.

Stop saying that! :smalleek:

Edit: The banner- it burns!!!

billtodamax
2009-04-30, 06:49 AM
Thurfir, because when I closed my eyes and scrolled my finger ended up on his post.

@V: I had all of my games open at the same time and had no idea if I had posted in this one or not yet. I apologize.

Thufir
2009-04-30, 06:00 PM

Thurfir, because when I closed my eyes and scrolled my finger ended up on his post.

:smallconfused: This is a staggering amount of attention you appear to be not paying. Also, why do people so frequently insert an extra r into my username?

hap_hazard
2009-05-01, 05:25 AM
^: The relation to Thursday, maybe.

And Skippy.

Trixie
2009-05-01, 05:56 AM
Banjo's avatar looks evil :smallamused:

happyturtle
2009-05-01, 11:01 AM
Skippy. totally random

Skippy
2009-05-02, 01:08 AM
OK, this time I highly encourage everyone to pick a better target. I'm serious, you don't want me dead, at least, not yet.

happyturtle
2009-05-02, 07:48 AM
Banjo. Can't sleep. Clown will eat me.

Fleeing Coward
2009-05-02, 08:11 AM
Skippy to even out the bandwagons at 3 a piece.

Dirk Kris
2009-05-03, 09:29 AM
Players List
EagleWiz
Mordokai
Aemoh
RabbitHoleLost
DeathSlayer7
Trixie
Thufir
Fleeing Coward
billtodamax
Zar Peter
Jontom Xire
Banjo
Murska - Annie Chapman, mason, Night 2
Happyturtle
Skippy
Mustiado
Shadowcaller
Supagoof
Atreyu - Villager, Day 1
horngeek - Villager, Day 2
gnomish wanderer
hap hazard
Lizard Lord - Villager, Night 1
DD the Cookie Monster
RedScholarGypsy

Uncle Festy
Mechafox
Mangosta71
Reinholdt

3 hours remaining in day. Get votes in.

At risk of autolynch - gnomish wanderer.

EagleWiz
2009-05-03, 09:50 AM
Supergoof for the three way tie!

happyturtle
2009-05-03, 12:36 PM
Votes so far:
{table=head]Player|Voted for
Aemoh| Radikalskippy
Banjo |billtodamax
billtodamax |Zar Peter
EagleWiz |Supagoof
Fleeing Coward| Radikalskippy
hap hazard |Radikalskippy
Happyturtle |Banjo
Jontom Xire |Supagoof
Mordokai |DD the Cookie Monster
Radikalskippy |Jontom Xire
RedScholarGypsy| Banjo
Shadowcaller| Supagoof
Supagoof| Shadowcaller
Thufir |RedScholarGypsy
Trixie |Banjo
Zar Peter| gnomish wanderer[/table]

Hasn't voted yet:
DD the Cookie Monster
DeathSlayer7
gnomish wanderer
Mustiado
RabbitHoleLost

21 players alive with the 25% rule means we need five votes for a lynch. And we've got 3 votes each for Banjo, Supagoof, and Skippy. No lynch days are bad for the village. =/

Mordokai
2009-05-03, 12:58 PM
Change to Supagoof.

RedScholarGypsy
2009-05-03, 01:03 PM
Same as Mordokai. Sorry, Supagoof but apparently this is a llama-free game. I just hope you aren't the seer.

Mustiado
2009-05-03, 01:10 PM
Shoot. And I was gonna vote for Shadowcaller because he got a Supagoof song.

I guess that means I'm voting for Skippy?

Dirk Kris
2009-05-03, 01:36 PM
Day over.

The day grew darker, and a crowd gathered around the organ grinder. At first he was pleased, expecting a pile of coins to shower upon him. But it was not to be so - the crowd was angry. More like a mob, really. A lynch mob.

"How can he be singin an' so happy when there is killing goin' on?"
"Maybe he's the killer!"
"Yeah, tryin to hide in plain sight! Get 'm!"

Supagoof tries to fend them off - with song. "Wait - listen to what I have to say first!"

((to the tune of "Imagine" by John Lennon))

Imagine there's no hookers
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no Jack the Ripper too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace (and not pieces)

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one."

The man bowed his head, and a silence settled over the crowd. He looked up, hopeful. Just in time to be hit with a rock.

"He said imagine no hookers! Get 'm!"

The crowd pounces, leaving only a broken body and destroyed music box when they are finished.

Summary
Supagoof was killed. He was a Villager.

Night 3 begins now and ends in 24 hours or when all night actions have been submitted. Remember to submit all actions to Dirk Kris AND TwoBitWriter. Good luck.

Shadowcaller
2009-05-03, 01:44 PM
Shoot. And I was gonna vote for Shadowcaller because he got a Supagoof song.

I guess that means I'm voting for Skippy?

Heck, I was about to vote for myself beacuse of that song. :smalltongue:

Dirk Kris
2009-05-03, 02:01 PM
Players List
EagleWiz
Mordokai
Aemoh
RabbitHoleLost
DeathSlayer7
Trixie
Thufir
Fleeing Coward
billtodamax
Zar Peter
Jontom Xire
Banjo
Happyturtle
Skippy
Mustiado
Shadowcaller
Supagoof - Villager, Day 3
Atreyu - Villager, Day 1
gnomish wanderer - auto'd Day 3- replaced with Uncle Festy
hap hazard
DD the Cookie Monster
RedScholarGypsy
Uncle Festy

Mechafox
Mangosta71
Reinholdt

Uncle Festy
2009-05-03, 03:17 PM
Ohai all. A replacement is me.
I'll probably read through the thread later. Then again, I might not.
We'll see. :smallwink:

Supagoof
2009-05-04, 12:49 PM
One last tune before I go....:smallbiggrin:

American Pie[/B] by Don McLean (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHvDTUSd1Ws&feature=related)]
A long long time ago
I can still remember
How that wolf games used to make me smile
And I knew when I joined in like Fin
That I could help the villagers win
And maybe they'd not lynch me for a while
But Day three made me shiver
With every point that I'd deliver
Bad news in the game thread
I found out that I was dead
I can't remember if I lied
When asked about my team's side
But something touched me deep inside
The day the Goof has died
So...

Bye, bye to a villager guy,
Made a posting, now a ghosting from up in the sky
Them good ole wolves were laughing deeply inside
Singing this'll be the day that I die
This'll be the day that I die

Did you write the rules of this game
And do you point at people for their fame,
If the wagon tells you so?
Now do you believe in reading it all?
Can the Goof's words save your mortal soul?
And can you explain why your point at Cristo?
Well, I know that Mordy's in love with him
'cause I saw them prancing with the nymph
They both kicked off your shoes
Said Goof, parody the rhythm and blues
I was a old school rhyming rappin' buck
With a game being played with Llama's and Duck's
But I knew I was out of luck
The day the music died
I started singing

Now, for two years we've played on our own
And the forum has slowed down to the bone
But that's not how it used to be
When the Goof sang parodies of Atreyu and Faerwain
In a coat he borrowed from Indurain :smallwink:
And a voice that came from you and me
Oh and while Llama was looking down
The Goof guarded his thorny crown
The courtroom was adjourned
No verdict was returned
And though Murska got pointed at by Jontom Xire
They both knew what was their desire
And winning was all that they aspired
The day the music died
We were singing

Holy moly with a roly poly,
They slipped one past the narrating goalie,
Speaking of how the game was going fast
Perhaps they were smoking grass
The wolves tried for a forward pass
With the Goof was on the sidelines in a cast
Now the half-time air was sweet as most
While Dirk Kris updated the daily post
We all got up to dance
Oh, but we never got the chance
'Cause the wolves tried to take the field
The villagers refused to yield
Do you recall what was revealed
The day the music died?
We started singing

Oh, and there we were all in one place
A gaming group who was lost in space
With no time left to start again
So watch out Jack be nimble, Jack be quick
Jack Ripper killed them hookers slick
Scrying is the devil's only friend
And I watched him dance about the stage
My hands were clenched in fists of rage
No I shouldn't be so cruel
I won't break the games rules
And as the wolves silently killed on in the night
To light the sacrificial rite
I saw Jack laughing with delight
The day the music died
He was singing

I sat by, and I sang the blues
And I watched for updates with the news
But soon I smiled and turned away
I went werewolf central,
Where I'd made music years before
But Shadow there said the music wouldn't play
And in the streets the children screamed
The losers cried, and the wolves dreamed
But not a word was posted
The good guys all were ghosted
And the three people I admire most
Alarra, Indy, and Zeb the Troll,
They caught the last game with a role
The day the music died
And they were singing

Sooo bye, bye to a villager guy,
Singing this'll be
the day
that
I
die ...

Jontom Xire
2009-05-05, 02:58 AM
Sorry Goof, but what a great song to go out on. Very nicely done!

Dirk Kris
2009-05-05, 09:08 AM
Listen, no matter what anyone else says, Supagoof wins. Period.

Dirk Kris
2009-05-05, 09:24 AM
Night 3 ends.

September 30, 1888

Fleeing Coward returns to London after a long day of picking hops in the countryside. He is dressed in a black straw bonnet trimmed in green velvet, a dark green skirt, and a black jacket trimmed in fake fur. The fur helps him draw in higher-end clientele from time to time - it makes him look classy. He also wears his signature red neckerchief.

He has a few pennies in his pocket from pawning a stolen shirt, and brags to everyone he sees. "Soon I'll have more. I have come back to collect the reward offered for the apprehension of the Whitechapel murderer. I think I know him.
"Be careful he doesn't hear and murder you."
"Oh, no fear of that." Fleeing Coward knows he is smart - no idiotic murderer will get the best of him!

A few hours later, at around 8:00 pm, the coins are gone, wasted away on alcohol. Fleeing Coward passes out in the doorway of a boarding house and is hauled away to jail to sleep it off. Around midnight, he can be heard singing in his cell, and soon after is asking when he can be released. Around 1:00 am, he is sent out.

"What time is it?"
"Too late for you to get anything to drink."
"I shall get a damn fine hiding when I get home."
"And serve you right, you had no right to get drunk."
The officer pushes open the swinging door of that station.
"This way missus, please pull it to."
"All right. Goodnight, you old bag."

Heading for home, instead Fleeing Coward decides to see if he can get just one more drink. He finds a gentleman and approaches him. A few passersby see them talking, Coward's hand on the man's chest in a flirtatious manner. Those who note the time see it is 1:35 am. Finding a dark spot to spend some time alone, the pair disappear from sight.

"So, you don't fear me? Don't fear death?"

Before Fleeing Coward can respond, the attack happens. His throat is cut deeply, severing his vocal chords. He never even gets the chance to scream.

The police officer who discovers his body 10 minutes later does, however. He screams and faints dead away. Later, his report tells the story.

"I found the body on its back, the throat cut violently. The abdomen had been spilt from the breastbone to well below the navel. The intestines were pulled out and a 2-foot length cut out and moved. There was fecal matter all over. The face had been cut from nose to jaw, the tip of the nose removed. One earlobe had been removed, as well as the eyelids. All the cuts were clean and deliberate. It was the most horrible thing I've ever seen."

He resigns that same day.

Summary
Fleeing Coward was killed by Jack. He was Catherine Eddowes - a mason.

Day 4 begins now and ends in about 48 hours.

Murska
2009-05-05, 09:26 AM
Summary:
Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic.

Fleeing Coward
2009-05-05, 10:02 AM
I miss the old days when the wolves wait for the villagers to lynch me :smallfrown:
It's not like I'm ever that big of a threat :smalltongue:

banjo1985
2009-05-05, 01:46 PM
Trixie is a wolf.

I am one of the masons, and FC told me that he'd let slip his role to Trixie earlier. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to rock out what happened, which is a good job, because I'm not one. :smallredface:

So I think if we lynch Trixie we have a definite wolf. I'm happy to trade that for my life the next night. If any of the villager power roles trust what I say then all the better.

Trixie
2009-05-05, 02:16 PM
Post above = Epic Fail :smallamused:

Yes, indeed, FC gave his role to me. Unfortunately, while your reasoning would be normally sound and I was sort of waiting for such a post, FC's death was just a fluke, or he confided his role to others. I never gave it away, nor I nave idea what happened.

So, if you're that trigger happy, lynch away, but all you're doing is to kill another good role and a second mason this very night. Trixie Constant (never, ever a wolf) shall crush your accusations into dust once I die and my role is revealed :smalltongue:

That, and killing FC just after he told me his role would be the single dumbest move in WW games since my first lynch - I hope you're not rating me this low? :smallamused:

Shadowcaller
2009-05-05, 02:20 PM
Really Trixie?

banjo1985
2009-05-05, 02:30 PM
No, but I'm rating you high enough to go for a bold double bluff. :smalltongue:

If FC had told others his role, well, why didn't he tell his fellow masons? He was rather specific in his PM. I can see your tactic though, admit a little to make the rest sound less viable. Still, I'm sticking to my guns, because FC might be silly, but he's a very, very good WW player and I he said to go for you should he die tonight. Plus, I've come out as a mason, so I'm as good as gone anyway, so I'm going with my convictions.

I've put the facts out there, it's up to you guys whether you go with it or not.

Trixie
2009-05-05, 02:48 PM
I can see your tactic though, admit a little to make the rest sound less viable.

No, I admitted everything, the whole naked truth :smallamused:

In fact, I'm willing to bet 10$ right now against anyone who thinks I'm a wolf. 50$ will be even better - betting against my Constant is, frankly, a lost cause.

Not that I expect to survive this day, but I'll be having the last laugh seeing how the wolves are laughing already right now. Oh, and methinks someone was supposed to go and update WoD already. :smalltongue:

RabbitHoleLost
2009-05-05, 02:57 PM
Trixie.
Just because I feel like it.

banjo1985
2009-05-05, 03:30 PM
No, I admitted everything, the whole naked truth :smallamused:

He admitted it all look! Wolf! Wolf!

seeing how the wolves are laughing already right now. Oh, and methinks someone was supposed to go and update WoD already. :smalltongue:

Methinks I just did, your wolfishness. :smalltongue:

Trixie
2009-05-05, 03:55 PM
He admitted it all look! Wolf! Wolf!

Um, i don't remember ever admitting to be a wolf - but of course, you can always prove me wrong. So, how much it will be - 10$? 20$? 50$? 100$? 200$? :smalltongue:

Well, you are accusing me of being a wolf, so this money should be the easiest cash ever, huh? :smallamused:

TwoBitWriter
2009-05-05, 03:57 PM
Summary:
Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic.

I think i will second this.

But Dirk and I have decided to let the game continue, to determine second place. :smallamused:

Supagoof
2009-05-05, 04:03 PM
((Thanks everyone. :smallredface: I just do what I do. :smallsmile:))

happyturtle
2009-05-05, 04:34 PM
*checks stash of US money left over from Thanksgiving trip*

Okay, I can toss $5.74 in the pool.

Um, except I don't know which side I'm betting on yet.

Thufir
2009-05-05, 05:02 PM
I'm siding with Banjo here. Trixie.

Deathslayer7
2009-05-05, 05:28 PM
and yet no one finds its wierd that on the day Rabbit has to vote, she does, and she dissapears for the next two days without a word? :smallconfused:

RHL

RedScholarGypsy
2009-05-05, 05:44 PM
RabbitHoleLost. Death's right, this screams wolf to me. I'm not saying Trixie is innocent, but I'm willing to be doubtful. That said, I've probably already screwed myself over royally by acting before thinking in depth, but that'll only make sense to a few people. :smallamused:

happyturtle
2009-05-05, 06:42 PM
Okay, I don't know why one of the last two masons would out himself to try and lynch someone he wasn't sure of. But then again, if he isn't a mason, then you'd think someone would say so. It's not really a role it's easy to fake. And I guess it's entirely possible that Banjo is a mason *and* Trixie is a villager.

But then again, I've been trying to talk to Trixie privately and gotten absolutely nothing from him. Just "I've learned not to speak out or it will get me targeted." Which is kind of crappy logic - no villager should be more worried about their personal survival than the team win. But even now that the lynch mob is forming, he still won't say anything. Which is kind of odd.

RHL's voting pattern looks suspicious, but that's actually kind of normal for her. She doesn't play werewolf games often, and she tends to not be very active in them. Probably someone is reminding her to vote when she's up for autolynch. Which doesn't mean she's innocent, it just means I don't think her posting history is suspicious for her.

I tend to get some good hunches sometimes, but rarely this early in the game. So, um... Shadowcaller based on absolutely nothing at all.

Uncle Festy
2009-05-05, 07:01 PM
Probably someone is reminding her to vote when she's up for autolynch.

… hm.
So unless the narrators are doing this, I'd give it 50/50 that RHL is either a Mason or a Wolf.
Er. Anyways.
Trixie looks kinda suspicious n'stuff.

happyturtle
2009-05-05, 07:15 PM
Not necessarily. I remind werewolf players to vote all the time, without knowing what team they are on. Even when I'm a wolf and autolynches would technically be good for my team, I do it, because I'd rather lose a real fight than win because of autolynches. ((See also: SEU III, where I personally PM'd people up for autolynch near end game when I was an evil scheming horror. :smallbiggrin:))

Aemoh
2009-05-06, 01:27 AM
Trixie it is.

Shadowcaller
2009-05-06, 01:31 AM
Okay, I don't know why one of the last two masons would out himself to try and lynch someone he wasn't sure of. But then again, if he isn't a mason, then you'd think someone would say so. It's not really a role it's easy to fake. And I guess it's entirely possible that Banjo is a mason *and* Trixie is a villager.

But then again, I've been trying to talk to Trixie privately and gotten absolutely nothing from him. Just "I've learned not to speak out or it will get me targeted." Which is kind of crappy logic - no villager should be more worried about their personal survival than the team win. But even now that the lynch mob is forming, he still won't say anything. Which is kind of odd.

RHL's voting pattern looks suspicious, but that's actually kind of normal for her. She doesn't play werewolf games often, and she tends to not be very active in them. Probably someone is reminding her to vote when she's up for autolynch. Which doesn't mean she's innocent, it just means I don't think her posting history is suspicious for her.

I tend to get some good hunches sometimes, but rarely this early in the game. So, um... Shadowcaller based on absolutely nothing at all.

Well, either Banjo is a villager that is lying for some reason (like he have been asked by the real masons to do so). Or he is a wolf which makes no sense whatosever, since then we just lynch him during the next day if Trixie is not a wolf.

RedScholarGypsy
2009-05-06, 10:17 PM
Okay can we take a step back here? I appreciate the need to get a lynch in, and yes, someone stepping out and assuming a mason role unchallenged is definitely something to give weight. And to be honest, all I got is gut instinct. It makes no sense for someone to 'take one for the team' in this game. It's fun until you're dead. If you're team won but you died on day 4, meh. I'm sticking my neck out here, but it's what I do. Though to be fair, I called banjo a wolf last time, so if banjo is a mason, um, whoops.

Jontom Xire
2009-05-07, 03:42 AM
I point at Trixie despite certain misgivings. I've done the "lynch so and so if i die tonight" thing a few times. Unfortunately I've never gone back and checked after the game ended if they were a bad guy or not, so I don't know how reliable it is.

Trixie
2009-05-07, 06:56 AM
Just when I finished typing this yesterday forum decided to die on me. Argh :smallmad:

Fortunately, I'm using FireFox so the phenomenon know as 'post eating' is pretty much unknown to me - this post survived two whole computer restarts and website suddenly dying :smalltongue:

Well, the fact that Banjo is a mason is as likely as the fact I'm a wolf. That is, not very, but it is possible.

You got absolutely nothing from me because (if you check the hours) it was well past midnight there so I decided to sleep and give you my points tomorrow morning, with fresh head. Yes, I could have thrown a few names at you but I wanted to doublecheck them.

Oh, and what is it - you people are sure enough to point at me, but not sure enough to enter that little wager? What's that? Are some of you wolves who knew I'm not one, but are pointing at me to make Team Good lose a day?

Jontom Xire, what about you, good ol' wolfie? :smallbiggrin:

RabbitHoleLost it is, to help Team Good one last time :smallwink:

Dirk Kris
2009-05-07, 08:55 AM
Due to forum issues, day extended approximately 6 hours from now. Auto-lynch PM's will be sent.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-05-07, 08:59 AM
… hm.
So unless the narrators are doing this, I'd give it 50/50 that RHL is either a Mason or a Wolf.
Er. Anyways.
Trixie looks kinda suspicious n'stuff.

I also point out that the narrators are two of my best friends, so of course they're going to boot my butt when I'm in danger of autolynch =P

Edit: Now that I've actually bothered to read and look more...
Damn, folks. I would have thought those of you who've played with me would know by now, I'm not very active in games, ever. Like, I only ever play if 1) the setting interests me (ala Phantom of the Opera and Batman) or 2) Good friends are the narrators (like this, and Raistlin's Rock Stars). And my votes are almost always random.
You can lynch me all you like, but you're not helping yourselves.
Neenerneenerneener

banjo1985
2009-05-07, 09:08 AM
Never doubt the power of a gentle boot up the rear! :smalltongue:

As for the people doubting I am a Mason, it's a fair point that a mason would not come out to dispute that claim, to keep their own hides safe. What I would say is, two masons are dead, and the narrators have specifically stated that their were 4 masons at game start. That means there are only two of us left, so there's not much of a network there. By coming out, I give us a chance of getting that network, while targetting someone I'm 90% certain of being a wolf. I've had a power-role claim already, so even if Trixie isn't lynched, this may not all be in vain.

Trixie
2009-05-07, 09:40 AM
So? I've got five role claims, last one this morning.

Including two people claiming the same power role :smallamused:

Well, I'm going to go grab a dinner, sit and analyze voting pattern of these concerned, and if I find anything conclusive I'll get back to all of you.

If I won't - well, I guess I'll keep these private, as I'm usually doing with any private negotiations, to not reveal any real power roles around.

Anyway, someone, fix me a bucket of popcorn and prepare to snap a photo of Banjo tomorrow as he realizes that he just killed a mason and turned a last one into a villager in vain :smallamused:

If he really is a mason, that is.

banjo1985
2009-05-07, 09:45 AM
*grins ready for the snapshot*

Right or wrong, at least I'm making a play, I'd rather do this than keep my head down and wait for a hammer blow.

If you put your foot in it, go up to the groin, that's what I always say. :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2009-05-07, 01:08 PM
Trixie claims to be involved in private negotiations, but doesn't answer my PM.

Zar Peter
2009-05-07, 01:24 PM
I thought I voted... damn Forums.

Trixie is it for me.

Mustiado
2009-05-07, 01:34 PM

This move is classic banjo, and makes total sense from a WW point of view. At this point, we theorize that there's two, maybe even one mason left. Once the Mason network ceases to be... a network... what's the point in preserving your role? Your power comes from the folks you know, not your actions. Now, if there's really two masons left, and the seer has any sense, he can contact Banjo during the night, Banjo can pass the name to whoever's left, and they can begin a new (very small) network from there.

Also, Festy, the narrators have been kind enough to beat me about the face and neck with vote reminders as well, so it's not just RHL that's getting them. I don't think that can be held as a special consideration for analysis.

Trixie, just to put a nail in the coffin. If he's a wolf, we have two STRONG suspects to look at the next day.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-05-07, 01:58 PM
Trixie is a he? I keep thinking Trixie is a she.
Must be the name.

Also, I keep forgetting I'm apparently in this game.

Trixie
2009-05-07, 02:19 PM
@DD - ask Jontom which one is true if you're really curious :smallamused:

So, all of my hard work to turn mega-fail into a minor one is repaid with this...

Sigh. Okay then. Let the uber-fail commence! :smallamused:

I luvz Banjoooo! That thing about Trixie being guilty makes soooo muuuuuch sense! :smallamused:

Dirk Kris
2009-05-07, 02:23 PM
Day 4 ends.

Trixie makes his way through the streets of Whitechapel, eyes narrowed. Any of these cretins could be the killer - especially that fool over there with the puppet. He shies away from touching anyone for fear their dirtiness or stupidity might rub off on him.

Two women approach, their hands and faces washed clean though their clothes are dirty. They exchange words with Trixie, laughing and pointing. The young man is at once enthralled and disgusted by them. Soon, their conversation turns to darker things.

They stroll down a dimly-lit alley.
"We know who the killer is, we think."
"Really? So do I!"
"Mmmhmm, and we know you're smart. So smart you could fool most of the people around you."
Trixie smirks. "Of course."
"In fact, we bet you can figure out what we're thinking."
"And that would be?"
"Well, who's the only one clever enough to pull off something so bold as to hide in plain sight and get all those poor, silly hookers killed?"
Trixie guffaws loudly. "Well, the only one smart enough, of course, is..."
The trio emerges suddenly onto a busy street.
"...ME."
The hookers grin at each other and, as one, turn to point at Trixie, who is proudly pressing a thumb against his own chest.

"He just admitted he's the killer!"
"Get him!"

The crowd of Londoners turns on the poor young man and rushes towards him. Too late, Trixie realizes what he's done. "No, wait, I'm a-" He is cut off, dragged down under the mob.

Summary
Trixie was lynched. He was a Villager.

Night 4 begins now and ends in approximately 24 hours, or when all actions are in. Submit actions to Dirk Kris AND TwoBitWriter.

Good luck.

Dirk Kris
2009-05-07, 03:13 PM
Players List
EagleWiz
Mordokai
Aemoh
RabbitHoleLost
DeathSlayer7
Trixie - Villager, Day 4
Thufir
Fleeing Coward - Catherine Eddowes, mason, Night 3
billtodamax
Zar Peter
Jontom Xire
Banjo
Happyturtle
Skippy
Mustiado
Shadowcaller
Supagoof - Villager, Day 3
Atreyu - Villager, Day 1
gnomish wanderer - auto'd Day 3- replaced with Uncle Festy
hap hazard
DD the Cookie Monster
RedScholarGypsy
Uncle Festy

Mechafox
Mangosta71
Reinholdt

Several people at risk of auto-lynch tomorrow. Make sure to get votes in.

Trixie
2009-05-07, 03:40 PM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/5/7/128862018868061250.jpg

For the record - post #223 was result of someone using mind control in an attempt to create the largest fail these boards ever seen :smallamused:

Really, Murska and Shadow together had their assess handed to them by The 'Constant, so what made you think your sad little team has any chance against it, you poor clown? :smallamused:

I'm never evil, and I'm doubly not evil when being lynched :smalltongue:

Oh, and knowledge about two wolves goes to the grave with me, sadly :smallsigh:

Reinholdt
2009-05-07, 03:43 PM
Shadow has a RULE.
Murska has a constant.

Trixie has neither because to have one someone else has to make it and spread it.

Darkcomet
2009-05-07, 03:51 PM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/5/7/128862018868061250.jpg

*sneaks into thread*

Mafia.

*sneaks out of thread*

Deathslayer7
2009-05-07, 04:00 PM
I really need something like that.

DS7
9 out of 10 times he speaks the truth unless he's wolf.
Then 9 out of 10 times he lies.

:smallbiggrin:

happyturtle
2009-05-07, 04:00 PM
For the record - post #223 was result of someone using mind control in an attempt to create the largest fail these boards ever seen :smallamused:

Lynching a villager is hardly the largest fail these boards have ever seen. It's not even the largest fail this week. Villagers die. It's what they're there for.

Yeah, because you wouldn't actually tell anyone. The blame for that rests squarely on your shoulders. And don't try the 'I wouldn't talk because you were trying to lynch me' bit either. Putting your own personal survival above the good of the team might be a good wolf strategy, but it's a terrible villager one.

Trixie
2009-05-07, 04:09 PM
Shadow has a RULE.
Murska has a constant.

Trixie has neither because to have one someone else has to make it and spread it.

Okay, so let's call this Trixie's Tautology: If Trixie is being lynched, Trixie is not evil.

[goes on a recruiting spree to have enough people to spread it] :smallbiggrin:

Oh, and Darkcomet - I explicitly mentioned this, I'm not denying it, it is in my sig, and in that game I was killed by wolves after killing three of them, with no damage to Team Good.

So - not evil :smallbiggrin:

Reinholdt
2009-05-07, 04:19 PM
Okay, so let's call this Trixie's Tautology: If Trixie is being lynched, Trixie is not evil.

[goes on a recruiting spree to have enough people to spread it] :smallbiggrin:

Like I said. You aren't getting nothing until someone else decides you do something worthwhile enough to make it for you. :smalltongue:

Trixie
2009-05-07, 04:20 PM
Lynching a villager is hardly the largest fail these boards have ever seen. It's not even the largest fail this week. Villagers die. It's what they're there for.

Le sigh. Of course.

But you know well enough that I meant something entirely different (such as massive loss of resources, roles, knowledge, etc.) by "fail", so please: don't twist it :smallamused:

Yeah, because you wouldn't actually tell anyone. The blame for that rests squarely on your shoulders. And don't try the 'I wouldn't talk because you were trying to lynch me' bit either. Putting your own personal survival above the good of the team might be a good wolf strategy, but it's a terrible villager one.

We already discussed this, and frankly, you know that this is not the reason why this happened. I honestly tried to tell you, and you didn't made it easy at all; quite contrary. I wasn't putting my survival first, as the first post during this game day can attest. I was honestly trying to tell you too, and it is not my fault I was silenced by actions and forum outages. Please, no twisting, again :smallannoyed:

Anyway, you received your healthy dose of dead ranting today, so I'm back to being very, very dead (and silent).

happyturtle
2009-05-07, 04:29 PM
I didn't make it easy? :smallconfused:

How much help do you need to say who you are suspicious of?

And Reinholdt's right. You don't get a rule until someone else makes it. Which reminds me, I have a Reinholdt rule to spread:

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/posters/reinholdt.jpg

RabbitHoleLost
2009-05-07, 07:33 PM
D'awww, its a cute little Reinholdt =D

Uncle Festy
2009-05-07, 07:45 PM
I also point out that the narrators are two of my best friends, so of course they're going to boot my butt when I'm in danger of autolynch =P

<.<
>.>
… I knew that. v.v

happyturtle
2009-05-07, 07:51 PM
They're nicer than me. I never send out personal autolynch reminders when I'm narrating.

Zar Peter
2009-05-08, 12:53 AM
I also must thank the narrators for reminding... it's hard keeping track with the Forum outtakes so... thank you very much!

Reinholdt
2009-05-08, 12:54 AM
D'awww, its a cute little Reinholdt =D

*kills birdie and Omnomnoms it*
What?

RabbitHoleLost
2009-05-08, 01:13 AM
*kills birdie and Omnomnoms it*
What?
...as long as its not my Birdie, its fine.
Cause my Birdie is a skeleton already anyways.

banjo1985
2009-05-08, 03:27 AM
*dances*

Booya! Wrong again, I think that makes 32 out of the last 34 times!:smallbiggrin:

Ah well, I got something out of it, a baner claim and a fool claim. If you are the baner or the fool, and you haven't contacted me...well...someone's telling porkies, and I'd appreciate finding that out. :smalltongue:

Shadowcaller
2009-05-08, 05:09 AM

Really, Murska and Shadow together had their assess handed to them by The 'Constant, so what made you think your sad little team has any chance against it, you poor clown? :smallamused:

I'm never evil, and I'm doubly not evil when being lynched :smalltongue:

...you knew two wolves names and didn't tell us?

I don't really need to say anything else.

happyturtle
2009-05-08, 06:47 AM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/5/8/128862568283648232.jpg

Dallas-Dakota
2009-05-08, 07:36 AM
*sniff*

Now I want a poster too....

*sniff*

Reinholdt
2009-05-08, 08:45 AM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/5/8/128862568283648232.jpg

But... but... I stabbed Trixie in the back and then shot him after he d'awwwwed at me.

How could he not trust me? :smallfrown:

TwoBitWriter
2009-05-08, 12:57 PM
Night 4 ends.

Skippy has been feverishly, obsessively, attempting to solve the case and discover who Jack the Ripper truly was and bring the depraved killer to justice. His actions have been forced to be high-profile, as the public is demanding action. He hates having to operate so openly, but knows there is nothing that can be done about it.

It is another long night at his office, where he reviews all the accumulated evidence and crime scene photographs, trying to find something that he hasn't seen yet, something he missed. He has spent long hours interrogating witnesses, sometimes a little too forcefully, but all he has done is cast a shadow of suspicion over completely innocent men and women.

He hears a door out in the hallway open and quickly shut. He pauses, and turns, to find several individuals in the room with him. Each are wearing dark cloaks and their faces are concealed behind masks.

"Who are you, this is a police station! You have no business here!" Skippy demands.

A figure steps forward, apparently the leader of the group. "Your investigations into the Jack case must cease. You had best leave this matter aside as you are tangling with forces far beyond your capability and comprehension."

Skippy pulls back a little, remembering the revolver he keeps under his desk. He inches toward it. He has an inkling as to who is inside his office now. "I can't quit... the public would lynch me next! And Jack must be stopped no matter the cost..."

"That is most unfortunate." The dark figure says, pulling back its mask and revealing a face.

Skippy's eyes widen. "It's you... you are Jack? How could I have not known?" He doesn't wait another moment, he dashes for his desk, desperately reaching for his gun.

He is stopped abruptly by a gunshot. One of Jack's men had produced a pistol of their own and had opened fire on Skippy, striking him in the chest. A shot is fired again, and again, hitting Skippy each time. The wounds are mortal, and death comes quickly as the Constable slumps down to the floor, his back against the wall.

"You fool!" Jack sneers at the fellow, "This is not how it was supposed to happen! This was not how I wanted him to die!"

"I was only protecting you, my brother."

Jack stops, musing. "Indeed. But someone will have heard the shots, we must flee."

Jack and company flee. Those responding to the gunshots are too late to catch them. They only find Skippy, one oftheir best inspector, lying dead in his office.

Summary
Skippy was killed by Jack and Company, he was the Fool/Seer

Day 5 begins now and ends in about 48 hours.

RedScholarGypsy
2009-05-08, 02:38 PM
Okay, we still have 2 masons and most of the cops. Still have 17 players, so with 4 wolves plus devil, it's getting a little tight. We need a wolf kill, and please don't bandwagon on the first name like lemmings off a cliff. Now, any thoughts? And drop Banjo for a second; if I was a wolf I wouldn't touch him to see if we'd be stupid enough to lynch him.

So, based on gut, previous play experience, and voting records, any ideas?

Thufir
2009-05-09, 03:48 AM
Voting records give me not much. Previous play experience I lack, except for one game I didn't properly get into. So, mostly gut. Suspicions from me:

Jontom Xire:

Though what villagers misses who was killed last night? Villagers have to check to make sure it wasn't them. Only a wolf would not bother to check, since they already know who died! :smallconfused:
This made some sense to me. If people don't remember, JX asked if there was any reason not to lynch Murska, the night after he was killed by the wolves. Now as Goof said, a wolf would know who died already, so saying Murska suggests it might have been just lack of attention being paid, but this is enough to arouse suspicion.
He also gave his 'Happyturtle and horngeek are clearly in cahoots' theory on day 2 with, to my mind, fairly tenuous logic.

billtodamax:
Similar, gave appearance of not paying that much attention to the thread, on the same day:

As I pointed out at the time. First he says 'to dodge the auto', when he was not in fact at risk of autolynch, then he forgets he's already pointed?
His explanation for the latter was that he had all his games open at once and forgot he'd already pointed in this one. Make of that what you will.

RHL & DD:
Both have only pointed twice, on days 2 and 4, thus avoiding autolynch.
Rabbit pointed at Trixie both times, both times words to the effect of 'because she felt like it'. On the other hand, apparently this is how she usually plays in WW games.
DD on day 2 followed FC's assertion regarding horngeek, on day 4 Trixie. Bandwagons both times.

And finally, Everyone else. Yeah. I've got my eye on you guys.

RedScholarGypsy
2009-05-09, 07:34 PM
Man, has the game just collapsed? a whole saturday without a post? boo. :smallmad:

happyturtle
2009-05-09, 07:36 PM
And nobody's voted yet either.

Um, RedScholarGypsy. Hunch.