Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Aura of childfright, birth wombwoe, curse womb
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., mother's grace, undead traits
Saves: Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +5
Abilities: Str 14, Dex 16, Con –, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 14
Skills: Intimidate +9, Listen +9, Spot +9
Feats: Weapon Finesse, Dodge
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary, pair, or family (1 Darkwomb Mother and 6-12 Wombwoes)
Challenge Rating: 2
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always Neutral Evil
Advancement: 5-12 HD (Medium)

Darkwomb Mothers are undead creatures born when a prenant humanoid dies in a state of extreme rage. They are a twisted parody of motherhood, who twist healthy fetuses into corrupted Wombwoes. Darkwomb Mothers appear as undead versions of what they were in life, with skeletally thin limbs ending in gnarled digits, and a grotesquely swollen belly that pulses with sickening unlife.

Aura of Childfright (Su)
Every minute, all children within 100 ft. of the Darkwomb Mother must make a DC 14 Will save or be frightened for 1d10 rounds. If they are within 30 ft. of her, they take a -2 penalty on the save and are panicked rather than frightened. A creature that successfully saves does not become immune to the aura of childfright. The save is Charisma based.

Birth Wombwoe (Su)
As a full-round action, a Darkwomb Mother may give “birth” to a wombwoe. The wombwoe then rolls initiative, and acts on it that turn. However, birthing Wombwoes consumes the animating force of the Darkwomb Mother. For every Wombwoe beyond the first she births, she loses 1 hp.

Curse Womb (Su)
As a standard action, a Darkwomb Mother may make a touch attack against any pregnant creature. If the creature fails a DC 14 Fort save, its child dies. It emerges from its womb 1d6 days later as a Wombwoe. The save is Charisma based.

Mother’s Grace (Su)
All Wombwoes within 30 ft. of a Darkwomb Mother gain a +2 profane bonus to Dexterity and Charisma and turn resistance +2.

Wombwoe
Size/Type: Small Undead
Hit Dice: 2d12 (11 hp)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 15 ft. (3 squares)
Armor Class: 16 (+1 size, +3 Dex, +2 natural), touch 14, flatfooted 13
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/-3
Attack: Umbilical cord +4 melee (1d4-2)
Full Attack: Umbilical cord +4 melee (1d4-2)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Disturbing whispers
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., undead traits
Saves: Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +3
Abilities: Str 6, Dex 16, Con –, Int 2, Wis 10, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +2, Spot +3
Feats: Weapon Finesse (B), Dodge
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary, pair, or family (1 Darkwomb Mother and 6-12 Wombwoes)
Challenge Rating: ½
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always Neutral Evil
Advancement: 3-6 HD (Small)

Wombwoes are fetuses animated by necromantic power. Deeply disturbing, these creatures are generally brought about by the animation of a pregnant corpse or through a Darkwomb Mother. They appear to be grey-skinned, decayed babies, with an animate, tentacle-like umbilical cord whirling about them. A sickly ooze emanates from all their organs. Their only instinct is to seek out warmth like that of the womb, generally achieved by ripping a living creature apart and occupying its still-warm body cavity.

Disturbing Whispers (Ex)
As a standard action, a wombwoe may utter chilling, unearthly whispers. Any creature within 30 ft. of it must make a DC 11 Will save or be shaken for 1d4 rounds. The save is Charisma based.

Fax Celestis
2006-07-22, 01:46 PM
Guhuhhhahhhagh...

Creepy.

ghost_warlock
2006-07-22, 01:48 PM
;D

So, how does this thing react to a Slaymate? (Libris Mortis)

PMDM
2006-07-22, 01:49 PM
This is probably the most horrifying zombie-like creature I have ever seen. All the others are just gross versions of their former lives. This one puts a twist on that. Good job.

Zeal
2006-07-22, 01:56 PM
Very creepy, good job.

Plus, the stats seem to be in order, no problems there.

The Demented One
2006-07-22, 02:06 PM
;D

So, how does this thing react to a Slaymate? (Libris Mortis)
Probably adopt it.

Mike_Lemmer
2006-07-22, 03:00 PM
Two questions:
First, is darkwomb just injured 1 HP for birthing, or does it lose 1 HP permanently? I can see an evil cleric coaxing a darkwomb into birthing an entire army of twisted fetuses if it's the former.

Second, if the Wombwoes seek out wombs, why would they let themselves be birthed? I'd think it would fight to stay in the womb no matter what, leading to eternal pregnancy, diseasing the mother, or a very bloody exorcist abortion.

The Demented One
2006-07-22, 03:17 PM
Two questions:
First, is darkwomb just injured 1 HP for birthing, or does it lose 1 HP permanently? I can see an evil cleric coaxing a darkwomb into birthing an entire army of twisted fetuses if it's the former.
The former.

Second, if the Wombwoes seek out wombs, why would they let themselves be birthed? I'd think it would fight to stay in the womb no matter what, leading to eternal pregnancy, diseasing the mother, or a very bloody exorcist abortion.
In the case of being born from a reanimated mother of Darkwomb Mother, they leave because there's no warmth. Undead are generally pretty chilly up in there. In the case of the Curse Womb ability, they leave because the prefer the simulated womb of a maimed creature's body cavity--generally its mother--to that of a true womb. Twisted parodies of children seek out twisted parodies of a womb.

MagFlare
2006-07-22, 03:33 PM
Whoa.

Question: have you seen Pirate Baby's Cabana Battle Street Fight 2006? It's a short animated film that's meant to replicate the look of a side-scrolling beat-'em-up game, and it features a monster which is astonishingly similar to this one.

Gyrfalcon
2006-07-22, 03:39 PM
Have you watched Pirate Baby's Cabana Battle by any chance? There's a paired enemy just like this in the game...

either way, very nice and very creepy, it'd be something fun to throw at the PCs any time to creep them out.

*edit* Dang simu-ninjas! *shakes fist* Ah well, he had the reference faster. I had to go find it again. :)

Steward
2006-07-22, 03:51 PM
It's kind of creepy, isn't it? Are you sure you don't want to make it more fluffy and cute?

Yuki Akuma
2006-07-22, 03:52 PM
What would happen if the Darkwomb Mother used Curse Womb on an unhatched (but fertilised) egg?

The Demented One
2006-07-22, 04:17 PM
It's kind of creepy, isn't it? Are you sure you don't want to make it more fluffy and cute?
The undead don't do cute.

What would happen if the Darkwomb Mother used Curse Womb on an unhatched (but fertilised) egg?
Nothing. The curse womb only works on viviparous creatures.

ExHunterEmerald
2006-07-22, 05:07 PM
...There's some sort of race going on in this forum to create the most terrifying monstrosity to kill my rogue with, isn't there?!
Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be finding a way to upgrade my BB rifle to kill things so I can stay up all night rocking back and forth in terror of this sort of thing.

martyboy74
2006-07-22, 05:18 PM
Wow...

Send the wombwoes to the positive energy plane. It should be plenty warm there.

DMgrinder
2006-07-22, 05:20 PM
*cringes* Uuuughhh! :-X

Very, very, VERY sick. I love it. I think it should do what someone said before: Curse Womb (Su)
As a standard action, a Darkwomb Mother may make a touch attack against any pregnant creature. If the creature fails a DC 14 Fort save, its child dies and begins to gestate into a darkwomb mother. This process slowly kills the mother. When she dies of the complications, she is transformed into a darkwomb mother The save is Charisma based.

That's just my opinion.

Krulla
2006-07-22, 05:28 PM
Wow. I like it. It's evil, it's disgusting, and it's vile.

Perfect! ;D

Nema_Fakei
2006-07-22, 07:38 PM
Might be an idea to give the wombwoes a maximum lifespan, so as to stop the inevitable 196 million baby zombies question being put.

Even better, give them a variable restriction on survivability, something like they lose 1hp every day, but that can be put off - and the wombwoe healed - by inhabiting a body (consequently, the average family encountered will not be on full hp - give half its members 1d12 hiptoints, the other half 2d12).

The Demented One
2006-07-22, 08:39 PM
Might be an idea to give the wombwoes a maximum lifespan, so as to stop the inevitable 196 million baby zombies question being put.

Even better, give them a variable restriction on survivability, something like they lose 1hp every day, but that can be put off - and the wombwoe healed - by inhabiting a body (consequently, the average family encountered will not be on full hp - give half its members 1d12 hiptoints, the other half 2d12).

Interesting. I'll get to work on that.

martyboy74
2006-07-22, 08:46 PM
What would happen if one of these things ran into a soulmother? Would the two annhiliate each other like in a matter-antimatter explosion?

The Demented One
2006-07-22, 08:50 PM
What would happen if one of these things ran into a soulmother? Would the two annhiliate each other like in a matter-antimatter explosion?
Basically, cat fight! My money would be on the Soulmother because, as it is an exemplar of motherhood rather than a twisted parody of it, I gave it slightly better stats.

Zeful
2006-07-23, 12:02 AM
This is scary. How ever this should be accompanied by some kind of half-undead race (unborn child isn't turned into evil undead but gains some interesting qualities.

snowfox090
2006-07-23, 12:05 AM
Play a lot of Silent Hill, do you?

MrNexx
2006-07-23, 12:25 AM
*cringes* Uuuughhh! :-X

Very, very, VERY sick. I love it. I think it should do what someone said before: Curse Womb (Su)
As a standard action, a Darkwomb Mother may make a touch attack against any pregnant creature. If the creature fails a DC 14 Fort save, its child dies and begins to gestate into a darkwomb mother. This process slowly kills the mother. When she dies of the complications, she is transformed into a darkwomb mother The save is Charisma based.

That's just my opinion.

The child turns into a wombwoe, you mean?

However, I would make any damage from birthing wombwoes after the first permanent, but cursing another's womb doesn't have this problem. I'd also give them the ability to curse the wombs of women who are not pregnant... not to produce wombwoes, but to be barren.

Fax Celestis
2006-08-25, 01:51 AM
MitP Vote: Yes. But can I ask: why this one but not the soulmother?

The Demented One
2006-08-25, 08:24 AM
MitP Vote: Yes. But can I ask: why this one but not the soulmother?
The Deathless type isn't OGC.

Fax Celestis
2006-08-25, 02:20 PM
I'm sure you could change her type to Undead, give her the (Good) subtype, and specify in her abilities that she is healed by positive and harmed by negative, since she draws her power from the Positive Energy Plane unlike most undead.

The Demented One
2006-08-25, 03:24 PM
I'm sure you could change her type to Undead, give her the (Good) subtype, and specify in her abilities that she is healed by positive and harmed by negative, since she draws her power from the Positive Energy Plane unlike most undead.
I suppose that'd work. Once my first wave of monsters has had a good while's time, I'll submit some more.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-08-27, 09:54 AM
MitP Vote: Yes.

Maerok
2006-08-27, 12:22 PM
:o You've disturbed me. And I don't disturb easily... Great work.

asromta
2006-08-27, 12:27 PM
MitP Vote: Yes

Kevlimin_Soulaxe
2006-08-27, 04:35 PM
So...can Wombstranglers pop these puppies out with reckless abadon?

I_Got_This_Name
2006-08-29, 02:04 AM
MitP Vote: Yes.

Winged One
2006-08-29, 04:37 AM
MitP vote: yes.

LordOfNarf
2006-08-29, 11:14 AM
Uhhh, i'm going to go wash myself now

MitP vote: Yes

Maerok
2006-08-29, 07:09 PM
MitP Vote: Yes

Cornugon
2006-08-29, 07:54 PM
MitP Vote: Heck Yes.

Easily my favorite one of your submitted creatures so far....and that's saying a lot. Reeeeally creapy though.

Eighth_Seraph
2006-08-29, 09:01 PM

I'm seeing lots of undead and more birth-related monsters out of you than I'm comfortable with, DO. And far too much overlap for my comfort.

GAH!!! MitP vote...
.............I can't get around it. It's a great monster.. Ye...Ye...the one that's not no.