PDA

View Full Version : Help optimize my arena warblade

quick_comment
2009-03-24, 08:46 PM
28 point buy, Core, psionics, complete series, tome of X, faerun and eberron books are all mostly allowed.

Starts at level 15. Im thinking the following:
Warblade 5/Swordsage 2/Warblade 6-9/Planar Champion 3/???? 1

The swordsage is in there for the extra manuvers. The Planar champion 3 gives me the ability to see invisible at will and also strike ethereal targets. Since this is an arena, im expecting a ton of improved blinking spellcasters, as well as things like ghostform.

Im new at ToB though, are my breakpoints ok? Any suggestions?

Pie Guy
2009-03-24, 09:16 PM
The swordsage initiator level is not increased by the Warblade level, other than the standard half.

quick_comment
2009-03-24, 09:33 PM
Yeah, but I can use the manuvers granted by swordsage to qualify for warblade manuvers, right?

quick_comment
2009-03-24, 10:46 PM
What good methods are there for a warblade to get through a prismatic wall or sphere?

Edit: And/or an initiate of the sevenfold vails?

Also, Ive decided to swap the swordsage levels for crusader, so I can get thicket of blades.

Eldariel
2009-03-24, 11:00 PM
"Good" methods through Prismatic Walls/Veils? Crying + big eyes + I-can't-lose & co. Other than that, not much. Make the saves and hit through, I suppose. Really, on level 15, you're toast vs. a decent Wizard anyways. Anyways, you'll want to pack Rod of Cancellation, Belt of Battle, some variety of real Teleport that isn't stopped by line of sight/effect (Boots of Big Stepping, for example), flight, "One with Shadow" martial script read before the battle, and so on, of course. Boots of Big Stepping allow you to teleport past Veils and Incorporeals should be able to enter another creature's square - so that would allow you some measure of chance against them.

quick_comment
2009-03-24, 11:37 PM
You know, combining the devoted spirit stance Law from Chaos with the diamond save replacement counters, I ought to be immune to anything that requires a save.

I would roll 11 on all my concentration checks, and I can probably get my concentration check higher than any DC Im going to encounter.
11+17(ranks)+6ish(con)+10 or so from an item = 44 or so, easy. Even without the stance, its a minimum of 33, which a level 14 mage (level 7 spells at best) would need a int score in the 40s to break.

On offense, I have mageslayer, thicket of blades and standstill, along with a reach weapon. They could still quickened dimension door out of there. So Ill add an item of dimensional lock.

Also, how would a level of bard, white raven song and dragonfire inspiration be? I would get 3d6 added to all my strikes. Add in words of creation, and it goes up to 6d6. Any other ways to boost this?

Keld Denar
2009-03-25, 12:44 AM
Your idea there is called a Bardblade. Typically, Bard3-4/Warblade rest. That gives you enough Bard to cast Inspirational Boost and take Song of the Heart for a +2 bonus. Buy a Badge of Valor (MIC) and you'll be pretty well set. DFI it up with like, 10d6 per HIT.

And if you spread out your Swordsage dips, you'll be able to pick up some of the Shadow Hand teleports, which will help you a lot. They aren't blocked by Line of Effect, but IIRC, they are blocked by Line of Sight. Thus, a Prismatic Wall wouldn't hose you, but a Wall of Stone would. Otherwise get something like the above mentioned Boots of Big Stepping or the Aporter armor enhancement (MIC for both).

As far as maneuvers, since you'll be going for the whole DFI thing, aim to Duel Wield and get the Xing Mongoose boosts. The extra attacks will turn into enough damage that should 1shot anyone you don't like. Other than that, its all about protecting your noggin and reaching your target. An idea might be to throw something, relying on the elemental damage to save you. Bloodstorm Blade or just plain ol' using throwing daggers might be interesting.