PDA

View Full Version : How many of you could remeber the first mmo you played?

pedingor
2009-03-25, 02:46 AM
In my memory Fairyland online was my first fun mmo game... It was VERY VERY popular 8 years ago and it still is. It was the most epic mmorpg I played in my childhood. And its still my favorite now after many more years of mmorpg playing.

What is your favor mmo game in your childhood and post up the link?
Mine: http://fairyland.lagernet.com/ (http://cli.gs/gv99eu)

Mirrinus
2009-03-25, 02:57 AM
The first one I played was actually Final Fantasy XI. I stopped playing a little over two years ago due to no longer having as much time to play, but I still have mostly fond memories of the game.

Cúchulainn
2009-03-25, 04:37 AM
WoW at its launch was my first and last because I was such a huge fan of the setting, it was so awesome back in the day.

Brother Oni
2009-03-25, 07:23 AM
While I've dabbled in a couple of MMOs like FlyFF and Rappelz, the only one I've seriously played (and still do) is Eve Online (http://www.eve-online.com).

I'd like to point out that MMOs weren't around in my childhood... *Feels old*

Cubey
2009-03-25, 07:27 AM
MUDs count, right?
Achaea was the first one I really got into. I played others before (and from graphical MMOs, Tibia - urgh...) but I never went past the relative newb stage.

banjo1985
2009-03-25, 07:57 AM
If Runescape counts then that was it...it was also the last one I ever played.

Tom_Violence
2009-03-25, 08:13 AM
Ultima Online was my first, and probably the one that I've spent the most time on.

I too am part of that particular class of people who grew up without such games.

Blayze
2009-03-25, 08:18 AM
Legend of Mir. I was part of the NHG -- the Newbie Helper Guild. When I wasn't hanging out in the starting area, I could be found braving a forest full of raptors and the like to run to another town to bring back better gear for the newbies.

Fleeing Coward
2009-03-25, 08:37 AM
First MMO with graphics would be either maple story or runescape I guess, dabbled in more games than I remember since then - anything that you've heard of, I've probably played. :smalltongue:

Fri
2009-03-25, 09:41 AM
I still remember it. It's the localized version of Nexus: The Kingdom of The Winds (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nexus:_The_Kingdom_of_the_Winds). Of course I only played it for a while, and not even got to the first class, but I still remember it fondly. Especially the so bad it's good translation, that made it feel like an old wuxia movie/novel.

First mmo that I really play was Ragnarok Online. Good times. I was young and naive back then.

Erloas
2009-03-25, 10:05 AM
Well the first MUD I played for any amount of time was Mortal Realms, I'm sure I tried a few others but not for all that long. That was back in the day when 56k modems were high end and most people had less. In fact I logged on at first via a 2.4k modem to a text based system the library had set up for searching the library catalog that could also be used to surf the net in a full text based telenet sort of window.

The first MMO I played was Asheron's Call. I had taken the time to fill out one of those registration cards for some game I had bought and I won a copy of the game and they sent it to me with 2-3 free months, I didn't even know I had won anything until it showed up in the mail. That would have been in late '99 or early '00.

Egiam
2009-03-25, 12:32 PM
I was introduced to MMOs by a Runescape craze at my elementary school. Now WOW rocks.

Illiterate Scribe
2009-03-25, 12:46 PM
I believe I've never actually played an MMO. :smalleek:

GoC
2009-03-25, 01:06 PM
I played Pardus. Got sick of everyone beating up the poor pirates while claiming moral high ground.

Sneak
2009-03-25, 02:43 PM
WoW, though I thought about joining Shadowbane for a long time.

Hzurr
2009-03-25, 02:51 PM
I think I've played a grand total of 3 MMOs in my life (none of them WoW, none for more than 3 months), so this is a pretty easy question.

My first was City of Heroes, and it was fun, primarily because I got to make an awesome super-hero with a fedora. Good times...

Cespenar
2009-03-25, 02:57 PM
If MUDs count, Thieves Guild I guess (almost sure that no one has ever heard it).

If not, Ultima Online.

Comet
2009-03-25, 03:00 PM
Must've been Ultima online. And boy was it fun. I don't think any MMO has quite beaten it yet in terms of sheer atmosphere.

Sure, it was all about metagame knowledge. Sure, you had to play a mage to survive longer than five minutes. Sure, you could get killed at any moment because some idiot decided it would be fun to "por ort grav" you to death or whatever.
Ultima Online was imbalanced and unfair. But that was what made it so fun.
It was sheer survival, you had to think what you did and the hardships made every victory so much sweeter.

Good times. Not sure I'd enjoy it as much today, but back in the day it was something decisively unique. Even grinding sheep for swordsman skills was amazing back then. :smallbiggrin:

Isak
2009-03-25, 03:08 PM
Everquest 1. Launch to present! =P

I've also played:
City of Heroes
City of Villians
Horizons: Empire of Istaria
Star Wars Galaxies
Everquest 2
World of Warcraft (Ew.)
EVE Online
Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning
Shaiya (A Free to Play MMO. Somewhat fun. I blame the girlfriend for getting me into it)
Dungeons and Dragons Online: Stormreach (Quite fun, believe it or not!)

Maybe a few others here and there that I can't think of at the moment, too.

Dairun Cates
2009-03-25, 05:39 PM
Of course I can. It was only text over Telnet for God's Sake. Not like you youngsters and your fancy fireballs and spec'ing and your AGGRO.

Raz_Fox
2009-03-25, 05:42 PM
The Realm, back when Sierra owned it. I used to play that with my dad in the evenings. :smallsmile:

Crispy Dave
2009-03-25, 05:49 PM
runescape that is all

Dihan
2009-03-25, 05:55 PM
I've never played an MMO or MUD. That may change if Marvel Universe Online (which was picked back up again) turns out to be good.

Trazoi
2009-03-25, 06:06 PM
I believe I've never actually played an MMO. :smalleek:
I've never played an MMO either. Bad internet connections limit me to more static forms of interaction. If I were to start I'd probably try out some of the more casual friendly ones like Puzzle Pirates.

Nano
2009-03-25, 06:55 PM
Everquest... I had this uber level 10 Wood Elf Bard. He had a claw weapon... I was so sad when he died and I lost the corpse. I think he might have had some banded armour too.

Graymayre
2009-03-25, 08:10 PM
Mine was a little known one called Dark Age

*Graymayre's eyes glaze over with memories*

I just remember it being huge and foreboding, but that didn't stop me from playing and loving it.

nooblade
2009-03-25, 08:16 PM
Once I tried Runescape. I had a glimpse of the chaos in the starter town and instantly knew this wasn't the type of game for me; never looked at it again.

Maybe someday, with less constraints on time, I might give MMOs another shot.

tgva8889
2009-03-25, 08:38 PM
Runescape was the first, I played it because my friends were playing it. It was a lot of grinding for everything. Oddly enough, I still played more MMOs. I realized that they were all worthless grinding. And still played them. Interesting, huh?

City of Heroes was very good because there wasn't so much Grinding in it. A lot of it was you playing storyline missions and actually playing an MMO with other people.

Lord Blace
2009-03-25, 09:28 PM
Does Diablo 2 count? If-not, then WoW.

Sneak
2009-03-25, 09:57 PM
Does Diablo 2 count? If-not, then WoW.

If so, I played a ton of D2 "back in the day." :smalltongue:

I was a lil cheater back then. Used Pandora's Box...

Mnemophage
2009-03-25, 10:14 PM
Freakin' EverQuest!

I quit just before Luclin, as I didn't want to keep paying for expansions. It was enough to embed the bug squarely into me, and now I'm waiting impatiently for Champions and hoping it's good.

I was a High Elf Enchanter on a PvP server, known universally as that bitch who'd promise to Clarity you and conveniently forget to mention the three ambush-hungry wood elves snickering in a bush behind me.

I'm probably the only person I know who progressed from MMOs to MUDs.

Darkfalle
2009-03-25, 10:41 PM
First MUD (and only one I ever really stuck with)? Realm of the Magi, a setting based loosely on Dragonlance. It had a relatively small constant playing community but a fairly large general player base. I remember being close friends with the head of the white robes (mages) and had hopes that if he ever retired I would become the head, but alas the game stopped before such could happen.

As for my first graphical MMO? Well, really I've only done two and I don't count Guild Wars (I don't consider it a real MMO), so WoW is my first one.

EDIT: If anyone happens to have been a regular player in RoTM back in the day, please let me know, I'd love to get back in contact with people. Extremely unlikely to find anyone, but worth a shot I figure.

TheDarkOne
2009-03-25, 11:40 PM
I'm not completely sure, but I would think it was Utopia, a browser based strategy game. Coincidently, also where I started reading internet forums.

Victor Thorian
2009-03-26, 04:31 AM
Ultima Online =] Oh the joy of being a murderer.

JadedDM
2009-03-27, 08:50 PM
I started with Ultima Online back in high school. Those were the days. Not this kiddie crap they have nowadays, where you can't even attack someone without their permission. Bah! :smallamused:

I played Dark Age of Camelot for about a month.

I've played Final Fantasy XI for about two years now.

And that's my entire MMORPG experience in a nutshell.

Shikton
2009-03-28, 03:55 AM
The first MMOG I got into was DAoC. I still want to get back into it, but I heard it turned all crap, so I won't :( But it was awesome. Main char used to be a fire wiz, never had more fun!

Then I went over to EQ with a ton of expansions. Played for a good long while as a cleric, and I miss it to this day as well.

Skipped to WoW, had fun for a while there too, but MMOGs don't tend to get along with casual gamers. Everybody I got to know there rushed past me in levels, which ruined a lot of the fun for me, seeing as I had to find new people constantly. Soloing is boring!

sihnfahl
2009-03-30, 08:03 AM
Does playing Tradewars on the local BBS count? :smalltongue:

If not, I'd have to say that the UO beta was about the first. Before they did the housing stuff, when the only way to get a good amount of ore from Trinsic to the blacksmith was to make huge piles and drag it across the screen....

And everyone wore only a robe and a pickaxe, because of the ore...

Played several betas until settling on WoW. Nothing else seems to be good.

Ganurath
2009-03-30, 11:24 AM
My first MMO was Runescape...

*takes a seat on a creaky rocking chair*

...Back in the day when it was Good Magic and Evil Magic. I started out as an Adventurer rather than Warrior myself, for the starting gear. I was dropped right in the middle of the brutal war between Messiahs and Sabres, brought on by the Sabre's equally brutal aggression against low-level players in Lumbridge, PvP was everywhere back then, you know. Naturally, I was quick to take a side. My brother got involved not longer after when he got wind of the game. He claimed he used to play it before me but quit, but I'd bet my left eye he was just saying that to make it sound like he was better. He was learning just as much about the game as I was, but he brought tactics to the war: I wish I could have seen the looks on the Messiah's faces IRL after my brother sent the attack signal across AIM, and a small army logged on surrounding the Messiah forces north of Al Kharid. Ten bucks says that that was the chosen battleground because my brother had read Dune recently, and he couldn't think of actually putting it in a terrain that wasn't a desert. There were actual forums hosted by the site, too. Those were lost around the time Wilderness went up, and I'm fairly certain that that was the one-two punch that killed the clans. No need for an identity if there can't be conflict, y'know?

AgentPaper
2009-03-30, 12:01 PM
First was Everquest, then DAoC, which really wasn't any different when it came down to it, and then I was lucky enough to get into the alpha (as in before beta) testing for World of Warcraft, which even then showed more polish than most other MMOs do. But then, that's what blizzard does best, is polish, and that is why I love them. You can have the best concept in the world, but if you don't get rid of all those annoying little bugs and make the game run like clockwork, it's all worth nothing. (As shown by Warhammer Online, for me)

I've played many others, stopped for a while, and come back many times, but none can really compare past initial excitement. I like how Blizz seems to be trying to make a game for people to enjoy, though some say they're just doing whatever gets them the most money. Same thing in a lot of ways. I'd rather deal with corporate policies instead of developers working for a "vision", which we may join them on if we ask real nice.

Unless that corporation is stupid, and does things like push games to an early release, which doesn't help anyone. (I think this is what happened with WAR, even cutting out 4 classes and 4 capital cities, the game is still clunky and buggy)

Jonzac
2009-03-31, 04:32 PM
Dark Age of Camelot for me.

and now I've moved onto Warhammer. Depite what the previous poster as said. All 4 classes are back into the game. As for additional cities, why? Its a server wide struggle to take one city so how would having 3 help..except to make it like WOW.

There is nothing like seeing 50+ people per side clashing in the open...and then moving onto keep defenses (this is where DAOC had the best stuff...nothing like seeing catapults get set up and watching rocks get thrown over head to crash into walls). Setting up a ram and hoping you get healed through the oil crashing down on you.

One thing WAR does now that other MMOs need to look into is that it performs "collision" detection during PvP. Which means you CAN and SHOULD form a shield wall at choke points and it works.

I'm not sure how WAR was at the beginning, but with a free trial and a healthy server (med or more) it is a blast from lvl 1 on up.

AgentPaper
2009-03-31, 09:18 PM
Dark Age of Camelot for me.

and now I've moved onto Warhammer. Depite what the previous poster as said. All 4 classes are back into the game. As for additional cities, why? Its a server wide struggle to take one city so how would having 3 help..except to make it like WOW.

There is nothing like seeing 50+ people per side clashing in the open...and then moving onto keep defenses (this is where DAOC had the best stuff...nothing like seeing catapults get set up and watching rocks get thrown over head to crash into walls). Setting up a ram and hoping you get healed through the oil crashing down on you.

One thing WAR does now that other MMOs need to look into is that it performs "collision" detection during PvP. Which means you CAN and SHOULD form a shield wall at choke points and it works.

I'm not sure how WAR was at the beginning, but with a free trial and a healthy server (med or more) it is a blast from lvl 1 on up.

Ah, sorry if I came across as hating WAR. I love the game, but I find that I love the concepts more than the actual performance of the game. Having more cities would indeed be pointless, and the classes are indeed back, though I wish I could be a hammerer. (Slayer is awesome still, I suppose, but I just wanted to smash things with me 'ammer! For dwarfyness!) However, my point was that, for cutting so much content (even if much of it should never have been) I would expect that would have let them polish the game much more than they did.

What it comes down to is the little things that rarely have an effect on the game, but just keep me from ever really being immersed in the game like I should. It's hard to take the game seriously when the flight master's arms are sticking out of his chest and twisted in a way that doesn't seem possible. This would have been somewhat forgivable if they had then ironed out said bugs, but the above major graphical error happened only a month or so ago, when I decided to start my subscription up again for a month to see if the minor bugs and such had been worked out.

If the team stopped adding new content for a couple months and dedicated that time to stomping out all those small bugs and such, I think the game could really give WoW a run for it's money.

ghost_warlock
2009-04-01, 05:39 AM
I started playing WoW just before BC was released, took a 6 month break from last summer/fall until about a month ago. I'm really liking some of the new features, such as achievements, since my work schedule doesn't allow for me to do much in the way of instances/raids and I despise PvP.

The only other MMO I've played is Guild Wars, which is fun and has some nice features, but just doesn't seem to have as many things to do in-game as WoW. :smallfrown: I mostly only play it a couple nights out of every three weeks when I share a night off with a buddy of mine from out of state.

I wish I could get something like henchmen/heroes from GW in WoW so I wouldn't have to deal with PUGs and ninja-looters on the rare occasion I do run instances. Nothing spoils a 2-6 hour instance like some jerk needing the loot you were hoping would drop because they want shards or something. :smallmad:

Killersquid
2009-04-01, 09:36 AM
Had to be Runescape. So naive back then. Now I play WoW when I can, but I've slowly been getting out of that. PvP just hasn't been as fun for me, but thats partly because of college life, as I can't smash in as many faces.

Loch
2009-04-01, 11:10 AM
runescape shudders with pain and humiliation

Studoku
2009-04-01, 11:34 AM
Runescape, and I'm not ashamed of it.

I can still cite several reasons as to why it's better than WoW.

grinner666
2009-04-01, 01:18 PM
My next MMO will be my first MMO . . .

:smallredface:

TheEmerged
2009-04-01, 08:43 PM
I can't remember the name of the MUD I played a bit of in college, but it was local so nobody else would likely know of it either. Blue Knight or something like that?

The first actual MMOG I played was UO, at release. I had loved the Ultima single-player games, and the idea of playing Ultima with other players appealed to me.

I hadn't been playing 5 minutes before I was robbed, then ganked.

It's my own fault, really, I hadn't even heard of the game until the day it came out so I went into it without research. So I was expecting a system like Ultima where virtue would be rewarded. I don't have fond memories of it, frankly, although I miss some of the crafting systems. Generally I came to feel I was spending $10 a month to live in fear of losing everything and quit playing.

I started Everquest about a month after release. I enjoyed it, even though the highest I ever got was 52 -- and that was only after I restarted the game after the "dungeon" expansion. Otherwise my highest was 36. Until the "dungeon" expansion, I spent most of my time desperately hoping to get into a group so I could spend half an hour or so a day actually progressing and hoping not to lose days worth of effort to a single train (I lost level 22 nearly 2 dozen times this way).

I tried DAoC and AO, and came away with the same impression from both -- neither was ready for primetime, both were focused on PvP, and neither had a profession/crafting system that was better than EQ. I ended up going back to EQ and restarting from scratch just about the time the "dungeon" expansion hit and made the game playable for me.

After I quit EQ due to unemployment, I swore off MMOG's for a while. I got the hankering for them again though, and I was deciding between CoH and WoW when a buddy suddenly started WoW and was loving it (circa patch 1.5 or so). I decided to "try it first" and have never gotten around to trying CoH :smalleek:

Quincunx
2009-04-03, 01:27 AM
Still playing the first one I tried, EQ. Dozens of us migrated from a dying game and began just after Luclin but while corpse decay was still swift and merciless. Imagine, if you will, a bunch of newbies, none of whom were playing a corpse-finding class because necromancers were despicable and bards were too difficult, scattered over the zone searching for the remains of a night-blinded paladin, while the local uberguild cleric (who'd also played the dying game) harangued me, "I worked my fingers to the _bone_ skilling up blacksmithing for you ungrateful--we are FINDING your CORPSE!" Let's not discuss the comedy of errors, and again one competent friend /facepalming merrily away (and doing this before /facepalm was popular in our society), that was the first descent into a scary dungeon--Befallen.

EQ has had its problems both in programming and PR--peaked, in my opinion, at the time at that Competent Friend got banned for being too accurate in his bug reporting--but has settled down to spreadsheet-like playability in the last few years. The exponential rise of WoW scared some sense into it.

KIDS
2009-04-04, 07:41 AM
My first MMO experience was WoW, on a (sigh) pirate server in 2006. Even with all the bugs and c**p that were floating around that server, it was a breathtaking experience and I can still remember most of the first day of playing. (Hint: Dolanaar and Ancient Protectors)

Three years later and I'm still playing WoW, a bit less than those days, but I always think it's incredible how I got so much fun out of the game and over such a long time. I hope it lasts some more too.

Ichneumon
2009-04-04, 03:31 PM
Guild Wars, started 2-3 years ago and I've got all the expansions, never finished Eye of the North and Nightfall though. I'm not counting Runescape as I only made an account and only tried it once. I played City of Heroes/Villains for 1 month.

Black Orc 2k8
2009-04-07, 02:32 AM
My first was runescape.

SAMAS
2009-04-07, 09:35 AM
Phantasy Star Online, easily.

Cynan Machae
2009-04-08, 11:37 AM
Ultima Online. I played a lot. Since then, not many MMOs :smalltongue:

leperkhaun
2009-04-09, 08:58 AM
Gemstone

Massive fun.

Saithis Bladewing
2009-04-11, 07:28 AM
Ultima Online was my first, back when it was brand spanking new.

...I remember being afraid of the llamas. D:

Mr. Mud
2009-04-11, 08:32 AM
Ever MMO that I ever saw... was probably Runescape waaaaay back when.. but I never played an MMO until I saw my ole' pride and joy game: Puzzle Pirates. Used to be amongst the top 5 pirates on that server (stats/money/infamy speaking)... :smallbiggrin:. Sorta miss it... :smallfrown:

I want to king into WoW, but I don't have any time for anything else between working, girlfriend, and school :smallyuk:.

DemonicAngel
2009-04-11, 02:12 PM
it had to be gunbound, fun game, an overall worms feeling... and then they started with teh payed things
MU online. a game with no base, no quests, a bunch of idiots as a community, and just overall hatred to the game
then it was dark eden, good story and such, but again, PK's and such killed you in every half a second, and raids on other bases was hell.
many games soon followed
currently not playing any MMO's apart from a brwoser absed one, and even that on rare occasions

Zincorium
2009-04-11, 02:20 PM
Everquest- back when you had to look at the world through a little window. None of the heads up display awesomeness.

When I think back to just how player-unfriendly the game was when I started it, I'd say most Wow players would break a keyboard in frustration trying to play it old school for even ten minutes.

Jølly
2009-04-11, 08:22 PM
Runescape...I started the January after the did the party hat thing for Christmas. I started playing it because all my friends were talking about it constantly.

Then I came across a MUD called Nilgiri. Small little community...love it. I still check in from time to time though it has lost a lot of the players. (At least my continent)

I then played a game called Endless Online for abit. (I don't recommend) Though I did meet some really good friends there.

I've played WoW on and off for about a year and a half now. First I played on the European servers then I stopped playing for a couple of months and then started playing on the American servers. Then for awhile I was playing on both and currently I'm broke so I'm not playing on either. I just can't focus on one character at a time so I go through a lot. Never had one reach lvl 80...

Perhaps I'll start playing again during the summer...

X2
2009-04-11, 08:24 PM
WoW... First, last and only!

sheepofoblivion
2009-04-11, 10:35 PM
Guild Wars for the win! Actually not really, it got really old. I still favor it over WoW, and forever will.

KilltheToy
2009-04-13, 09:53 PM
Toontown. Yes, Toontown. Hey, I was young. Really young. :smallredface:

Followed by Runescape. Which I still play when I'm that bored.

Zeb The Troll
2009-04-14, 03:56 AM
My first go was the beta for Asheron's Call 2, which I hated and caused me to swear off trying again for quite a while. Then my brother got me in to Dark Ages of Camelot (Midgard - Igraine) which I played for nearly 5 years before the populations got too low to make it any fun to log in any more. I still miss it sometimes. I went to WoW next and played that for about a year, but I just couldn't get over the fact that if feels like I'm playing a Saturday Morning Cartoon when I log in. From there I moved to WAR (Destruction - Magnus) and I'm loving it (it makes me miss DAoC much less).

Despite my relatively late start, I too had no [knowledge of] MUD's or MMO's in my childhood. I bought my first computer in 1996 with the bonus money I got for reenlisting in the Army the second time. :smallcool:

Dhavaer
2009-04-14, 04:54 AM
I remember it very well, because I only bought it a few days ago. Guild Wars.

Talvara
2009-04-15, 07:27 AM
Ragnarok Online was my first, oh how I loved it. I played it untill I couldnt stand the endless grinding anymore... (at the point I was no longer able to enjoy MMO's because of the endless leveling I tried to play wow a little, tried ragnarok again a few times, tried mapple story for a brief moment)

The only MMO that I still casually enjoy in brief periods is... Puzzle pirates!, Its great really! but I can't make the time to play like I used to in the good old Ragnarok days. (growing up slowly but surely...)

Rowsen
2009-04-15, 08:14 AM
The first and only MMO I've played would be WoW. I considered FF11 Online but I didn't like the idea of having to group for everything past 10th level :smallannoyed:

Lord Blace
2009-04-15, 01:50 PM
Oh wait! I totally played Ragnarok Online way before WoW, but still after D2.
So... yeah, still in the 'If D2 counts then...' :smalltongue:
And you better believe when TOR comes out I'll be dropping WoW like a hot potato.

Only to come back to it if TOR ends up a flop.

Lord Loss
2009-04-21, 07:00 PM
The First one I played was Pardus. Played for a year, got sick of it, got into GUILD WARS AND I STILL PLAY IT :D!!!

Tyrmatt
2009-04-23, 06:00 AM
First MMO I ever played was a private server of Ragnarok Online that an IRC buddy ran. After that, Star Wars Galaxies, followed by a brief stint in EVE Online, then WoW's beta and launch. Oh and a dip into City of Heroes. Still have an active WoW account but I don't have the time to play at the moment. I'd love to give EVE a lot more time and attention as well :smallfrown:

Wishpig
2009-04-29, 11:49 AM
Everquest ftw! The game that drove me to become a dwarf fan, and despise those damn elves!

I'll never forget taking a small litle rowboat for a ride acorss the sea of tears. After visiting a few islands, I stumbled across a small island with five dead bodies laying out in the open. So, being the highly intelligent person I am, i decided to see what killed them. After walking through the small jungle, I stumbled acorss this HUGE godzilla wanna be, and ran like hell back to the boat.

The got in the boat and started to sail away with the thing on my heels... dunno what happened, but I fell off the boat... and got killed by a fish :smallmad:

Ohhh everquest.

Prowl
2009-05-01, 05:49 AM
First MMO I ever played was a MUD called "Ivory Tower MUD"... this is way back in 1990.

Quincunx
2009-05-01, 06:07 AM
You got off lightly, Wishpig--one of the n00b stories among my group was the guy sailing across the Ocean of Tears and the idiot who somehow trapped a seafury cyclops on selfsame boat. It was a massacre and continued to be until a GM came by to despawn it.