PDA

View Full Version : Video for Virtual Game

Nad
2009-03-25, 06:58 AM
Hi all,

I did a forum search and didn't find much, maybe I'm searching on the wrong keywords or maybe, as I fear, this is a hard to find resource... the dork in me says keep looking.

I found a post that suggested Ekiga but looking at it, it seems to be a Skype wanna be. I tried to browse the FAQs and couldn't find any additional information.

I searched for some virtual conference tables and came up short as well.

Could anyone recommend a PC based tool that allows you to connect with your players face to face? Free is great but I don't mind paying reasonable prices either.

Thanks!

Edit: Currently using RP Tools for maps, Ventrilo/Skype for voice chat.

Prime32
2009-03-25, 08:03 AM
Hi all,

I did a forum search and didn't find much, maybe I'm searching on the wrong keywords or maybe, as I fear, this is a hard to find resource... the dork in me says keep looking.

I found a post that suggested Ekiga but looking at it, it seems to be a Skype wanna be. I tried to browse the FAQs and couldn't find any additional information.

I searched for some virtual conference tables and came up short as well.

Could anyone recommend a PC based tool that allows you to connect with your players face to face? Free is great but I don't mind paying reasonable prices either.

Thanks!

Edit: Currently using RP Tools for maps, Ventrilo/Skype for voice chat.
Try searching for videoconferencing. You might have even got a tool for it with your computer.

Jokes
2009-03-25, 08:34 AM
I believe iTabletop (itabletop.com) does face to face, maps, pdf sharing etc. It isn't free, and it doesn't do as much 'mappy' stuff as maptool, but it might be worth a gander. I'd double check myself, but I can't remember my username and password :smallannoyed:

Triaxx
2009-03-25, 12:09 PM
Yahoo Instant Messenger allows you to invite people to see your Webcam, and it's free to download. Might be worth a shot.