PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Chaos Orcs request

Dyllan
2009-03-25, 11:32 AM
Here's our situation. We have a tribe of orcs who have been living on the second level of the abyss. As such, they have been infused with chaotic energy. I need to figure out a template to differentiate them from standard orcs, and that will make them appropriate choices for Summon Monster spells. Any suggestions?

Malfunctioned
2009-03-25, 12:57 PM
I'm pretty sure there's an Anarchic template in one of the splatbooks out there already, Manual of the Planes I think.

Neithan
2009-03-25, 02:59 PM
Or just plain half-fiend orcs, that's pretty much exactly what the template is made for. Just remove the wings and flight speed, and maybe reflavour the Smite Good ability (maybe something like fiendish smite against all mortals) and you're probably good to go.

I'm surprised that the template only raises CR by +1, but without flight, it seems pretty okay.
Regarding summoning, as a rule of thumb you can use summon monster to summon a creature with a CR equal to the spells level (almost all creatures on the list are within 1 point of that value).

Though I probably would reasign the standard orcs ability scores. Str 21 and Con 14 or Int 12 and Wis 7 seems kinda strange to me. But When you take the basic modifiers, you end up with
Str +8, Dex +4, Con +2, Int +2, and Wis -2. I think you can make something nice from it.