PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Staying up when below 0 HP?

MammonAzrael
2009-03-25, 05:51 PM
Are there any effects in 4e aside from Soulforged Armor that allow you to stay up and take actions after hitting 0 HP? I don't mean indefinitely, just long enough to take another action, even a minor one.

Balricaso
2009-03-25, 06:53 PM
Deathless Frenzy, a power from the Frenzied Berserker paragon path (PHB2: Page 64) lets you stay up until you fail a death save.

It's a keystone of a Warforged Barbarian villain I am fashioning. Warforged can't fail death saves :3 so he can continue fighting until he reaches his negative bloodied value

JBento
2009-03-25, 08:21 PM
I see what you're doing there. Especially because I'm gonna do it too. Immortal Warrior much?

The armour is your best bet, at least that I could find (granted I didn't exactly look). Remember, getting back to bloodied before the end of your next turn means never having to roll a death save

Inyssius Tor
2009-03-25, 09:42 PM
Deny Death, a daily Barbarian Utility 10, as an Immediate Interrupt: You are dying but don’t fall unconscious because of that condition. At the end of your next turn, you fall unconscious if you are still dying.

Oath of the Final Strike, a daily Avenger Utility 22, as an Immediate Interrupt: You are dying but don’t fall unconscious. Until the end of your next turn, you don’t take any damage after the triggering attack, and you gain a +4 bonus to attack rolls. At the end of your next turn, you fall unconscious if you are still dying.

Last Stand, a daily Barbarian Utility 22, as an Immediate Interrupt: You are dying but don’t fall unconscious because of that condition. At the end of your next turn, you fall unconscious if you are still dying. Sustain Minor: You take 5 damage and don’t fall unconscious.

Sealing Death's Door, a daily Cleric Utility 22, as a ranged Burst 2 (standard action): This burst creates a zone that death cannot enter. When you or one of your allies within the zone is reduced to 0 hit points or fewer, you do not fall unconscious, begin dying, or die, and may continue to act normally (unconscious creatures within the zone when it is created remain unconscious as normal). No creature is required to make death saves while in the zone. When a creature exits the zone, it succumbs to whatever state its current hit points would put it in at the end of its next turn. Sustain Minor: The zone persists until the end of your next turn.

Ferocious Reaction (11th level), an Iron Vanguard path feature: When you are reduced to 0 hit points or fewer, as an immediate interrupt before you fall unconscious, you can spend an action point to take an extra action. In addition, whenever you spend an action point to take an extra action, you also gain a +4 bonus to all defenses until the start of your next turn.

Never Say Die (16th level), a Minotaur Horned Champion path feature: When you are reduced to 0 or fewer hit points, you are dying but do not fall unconscious. If the result of death saving throw you make is 10 or lower, you fall unconscious. You still die if reduced to your bloodied value expressed as a negative number.

Unyielding Company (30th level), a Legendary General destiny capstone: While you have at least 1 hit point, allies within 20 squares of you do not fall unconscious at 0 hit points or fewer and cannot die because of negative hit points. Allies at 0 hit points or fewer still make death saving throws as normal, and they can die as a result of failed death saving throws.

Enduring Rage, an Epic-tier Barbarian feat (Rageblood only): While you are raging, you do not fall unconscious as a result of the dying condition.

I know there are a number of additional ways to get a single attack before falling unconscious, but I don't have time to find them.