PDA

View Full Version : At the Maids of Madness!

Tichrondrius
2009-03-25, 06:35 PM
It is the year 20XX and war was beginning...

Well... actually, you are just some Maids working for a loony. It looks like its a beautiful new dawn on this Post-Apocalyptic Earth. You don't know if there is even anyone else out there except the people in this prison. Zombies are lined up at the gates, pounding on them and desperately wanting your brains in a five mile radius.

If only Parasol had better secured their facility in Ferret City this would have never happened. Maybe if DOOM hadn't been trading with them for years, maybe if, maybe if... uhh... well, anyways, zombies want to eat your brains. Its been a while here in this prison since you came here to survive, or have been here all along or something. You're pretty sure you just came here to hide and pretend things were normal after the zombie apocalypse, but Saul, your loony boss, is adamant that you have been here all along and you are all his evil henchmen disguised as guards. You hear him sometimes doing weird stuff in his locked chambers, and he claims to be experimenting on his hostages. As far as you know only the PCs are in this complex, but that information is... worrying. Maybe he'll move on to thinking his henchmen are more subjects?

Oh well, not to worry. You all have your own problems. The sun comes up, make breakfast! Number One gets testy!

Shades of Gray
2009-03-25, 06:40 PM
Buck Ripley, the EXTREME MAN

Buck is sleeping. His alarm goes off. Said alarm is shot with a shotgun. Buck wakes up. Buck doesn't brush his teeth. Real men don't brush their teeth. Buck gets dressed. Buck puts his hood on over his atrocious hair. Buck throws a dart at one of his pictures of Raven. Buck shoots a zombie from his window for fun. Buck leaves the room. Buck enters the kitchen. Buck looks at the ingredients. He'll make an average meal, and mess with the remaining ingredients so any meals that the other maids make will be horrible.

[roll0] To cook.
[roll1] opposed against future cooking rolls for the other maids. Buck may not be a good cook, but he'll be a better cook than the other maids.

Siren
2009-03-25, 06:46 PM
Kristi Harlow

Kristi is fiddling around in her room. There is really no rush to go down to breakfast. She has no skill for being a maid. She can't even recall really why she is here. Oh wait, Theo is here. That isn't the best of reasons, but it is as good as any. She didn't really have anything else to do anyway. Kristi thinks that might be enough fiddling around so she goes downstairs to find the kitchen a mess. Kristi tries to run around cleaning the mess to help the others with their cooking.

[roll0] for athletics to clean the mess with energy.

Shades of Gray
2009-03-25, 06:55 PM
Buck Ripley, 100% AMERICAN!

Buck puts the viall of nasty looking green liquid he was pouring on the other ingredients behind his back.

Hey... Person. He says. Too early to be remembering names. Real men don't remember names. Didn't see you there. He says, watching the cleaning blur.

Eldmor
2009-03-25, 08:04 PM
Sarah

Sarah wakes up to the light flickering in through the bars on the prison cell she sleeps in. Another day in hell, another check in the bank. If any banks were even left standing that accepted things besides brains.
Morning... already? Sarah mumbles getting from her air mattress. She puts on a tank-top with several rips in it over her boy-short panties with little red hearts. Lazy but still appealing.
She hears the calls of Number One's stomach before his request for breakfast and gets to work.

[roll0] Cooking (Skill) pancakes!

Neon Knight
2009-03-25, 09:06 PM
Saul Richards

"It's a wonderful day to be evil, isn't it, Number 2?" Saul Richards, mastermind of DOOM, threw back his head and laughed. "Mwahahaha!... come on, laugh with me, Number 2..... Mwahahahaha!"

"Today, we shall be very evil indeed! I hereby declare that all henchman with the first name of Steve are to be executed on sight! That is very evil, isn't it, Mr. Fluffybuns?"

Saul pulled out a small rabbit's foot and began to pet it, cooing "Yes, you are very soft, Mr. Fluffybuns. I'm so glad that Number 2 managed to pull your foot out of that zombie's mouth. I actually prefer you this way. You weigh a lot less, and you don't try to bite me when I'm not looking."

Saul tucked Mr. Fluffybuns away. "Anyway, you're probably wondering why we're on top of a prison guard tower, Number 2. I'll tell you. Yesterday, I saw that really fat zombie has gotten stuck in the doorway of the mall across the street. It has a big hole in its stomach, and I'm going to use it as a hole on my golf course. You did bring my clubs, right? Hand me my driver, will you?"

DaburaMiyao
2009-03-25, 09:57 PM
Raven Callahan

Raven tosses and turns in his sleep, dreams of close-minded ex-boyfriends filling his head, until he finally snaps awake. He takes in the prison cell slowly as he does each dreadful morning at this horrid place with its bars and zombies. Raven gets up and dresses carefully in his sexy maid/slave uniform before pulling the curtain that he put up for privacy away.

Raven walks to where Number One is at the guard tower. He stares at the ladder for a moment then sighs and begins climbing to the top, fixing his skirt every now and then. When he reaches the top he bows.

"Good morning, Master," he says in the sweetest voice he can pull off. "Is there anything I can do for you?" He looks down at the zombies in disgust and slight fear.

Wiz
2009-03-25, 09:58 PM
James

James sighs inwardly as he is referred to yet again as Number 2, yet none of the growing distain he feels toward this idiot who was once his amusing friend shows on his demeanor. He holds up three clubs. "The traditional Driver, sir - standardized according to the traditional rules of the game; your enhanced ergonomic driver, or the Mark VII Death driver with laser site, and magnetic rail gun, preloaded with organo-metallic golf balls?"

You absolute buffoon... we'd all be dead without my skills keeping this godforsaken prison and it's auxilliary power systems running.

Eurus
2009-03-25, 10:05 PM
Eliza wakes up to the shrill voice of her alarm, and staggers out of bed. Still in a state of half-slumber, she manages to clean herself up, get dressed, and make her bed without ever opening her eyes. She tries to make it to the kitchen like that, but reluctantly opens her eyes after nearly falling down a flight of stairs. Finally getting to the kitchen, she sees Sarah making pancakes and Buck making... something. Pulling a tube of sausage out of the freezer, Eliza begins cooking as well.

[roll0]

Neon Knight
2009-03-25, 10:16 PM
Saul Richards

Saul was just about to pick between the Mark VII and his ergonomic when Raven came up. Annoyed, Saul turned to face his henchwoman. "Henchwoman, you will address me as Number 1 at all times, or Number 2 will throw you out to the Zeds." Saul took a golfball and threw it over the perimeter wall, noting where it landed outside. "Oops. Henchwoman Raven, go fetch that golfball."

Wiz
2009-03-25, 10:24 PM
James

James looks at the maid being sent to her possible death and calmly nods to the corner where she can see his high-powered rifle. "I'll open the outer gate for you from here, by remote when it's clear. Wait in the front yard for it... keep in mind that the gate will be closed until you return. Try not to draw too many of them back with you." He takes out the gate remote and somehow holds it and three clubs without looking awkward or unbalanced.

DaburaMiyao
2009-03-25, 10:24 PM
Raven Callahan

"Mas- er, Number One, please excuse me but... Are you out of your mind!?" Raven stares down at the zombies. "I-I'm not going down there!"

Please forget that I'm your slave for just a second, please forget that I'm your slave for just a second...

Neon Knight
2009-03-25, 10:27 PM
Saul Richards

Saul picked up another golfball and threw it at a spot a good 30 yards away from the first. "You will get that one as well, Henchwoman. Any further backtalk, and I'll have Number 2 cut your hamstrings before we push you outside."

Wiz
2009-03-25, 10:30 PM
James

James enunciates carefully, "I... suggest... you... wait... in... the... yard."

Tichrondrius
2009-03-25, 10:55 PM
Buck manages to make something looking like an MRE somehow, even though he used normal ingredients. However, his sabotage works pretty well, managing to mess up some of the meager food they have left. What a jerk.

Kristi pretty much ignores him and puts everything away, making sure the place looks good at least. For a Prison mess hall.

Then Sarah comes in and gets to work on some normal looking pancakes. It looks pretty okay. Hopefully Number One will be pleased.

Then Eliza manages to get some uncontaminated sausage and cooks it up pretty good too. They both do better then Buck and carefully avoid his destroyed ingredients.

Eldmor
2009-03-25, 11:31 PM
Sarah

Just like mom used to make. Sarah flips the last flapjack onto a Styrofoam plate and puts the standard butter and syrup on it. She picks some of the scraps left in the pan with her gloved hands and quickly nibbles them down. She also takes a plastic fork, knife, and a napkin as she walks out of the jury-rigged "kitchen area."
She carefully climbs the guard tower with the meal and greets everyone. Good morning; Sir, would you like some breakfast? Sarah extends the plate and leans forward slightly without thinking. The rips in her top expose a good bit of skin; like she would care.

Not a Seduction, just Sarah being partially nude. :smalltongue:

Zarah
2009-03-26, 01:41 AM
Luna

There was no alarm. Luna didn't need one. She had a biological clock, which is what she relied on most of the time. Aside from that, she usually didn't get much sleep anyway, for any number of reasons, though more often than not, from the one she wouldn't expect. Fate has a funny sense of humor.

She makes the bed and takes her time getting into her uniform. "Ugh," she sighs. She never did like the clothes they made her wear. Even after going through every uniform they had in stock, she never found one that actually fit properly. They make me look like a five-year-old. Fate is a sadist.

Eventually, she makes her way down to the kitchen, where she can hear the voices of some others. She peeks an eye around the corner to see who is there. Although it was the eye covered with a curtain of her hair, she could somehow still see. After spying on them, she silently makes her way into the room.

The others are making breakfast, so she leaves them to their work and decides to do a little addition of her own. After doing a bit of scrounging, she finds a knife and begins to cut up some pieces of fruit.

[roll0]

Anonomuss
2009-03-26, 05:01 AM
Thepohilus

Waking immediately to the myriad of noises that accompanied early morning in the compound. Theo pulled on his uniform in a most suave manner that only he could manage. He gazed out into the wasteland, from the small window in his cell. It was much the same as always.

Theo, Theo, Theo. Late for Breakfast again.... the voice came in his head, not entirely belonging there. I told you not to call me that he thought back, And I'm not late, I'm just early for tomorrow.

Theo arrived in the cooking and preparatory area, hoping that his absence hadn't been noticed, and began to make something that approximated at being breakfast.

Luck-[roll0]-to avoid notice in being late
Skill-[roll1]-to make breakfast

Neon Knight
2009-03-26, 09:15 AM
Saul Richards

Saul looked at Sarah in disbelief. "Number One. My title, position, and form of address is Number One, and Number One only. No Masters, no Sirs, no Your Majestys. Just. Number. One."

Saul picked up a another golfball and threw it as far as he could. "Henchwoman Sarah, you will now assist Henchwoman Raven in fetching three golfballs. And you shall do it in the style of a three-legged race, with you two bound together at one ankle. If you do not, Number 2 will shoot you through the kneecaps and leave you outside for the Zeds."

Saul turned away from Sarah coldly. "Number 2, I believe I will take the Mark VII. I have been more than sporting in my treatment of these two lackeys, and I need some stress relief."

Wiz
2009-03-26, 10:44 AM
James

James nods, handing Number One the Death Driver and places the other two clubs away. He then pulls a long handkerchief from his pocket and binds the left leg of Sarah to the right leg of Raven.

OOC: Skillfull Knot (difficulty to undo): [roll0]

He then stands, gets his assault rifle and turns to look out over the current crop of zombies near the gate and the golf balls. He begins blasting zombies in the head to clear the way for the two girls.

OOC: Skillfull Shooting: [roll1]

He observes the results and holds up the remote gate control. "You'd best get down to the gate before more of them show up. Once you are there and the pathway is clear, I'll open the gate for you. Wait in the yard by the gate... it will be closed when you leave and opened again when you are back with all three golf balls." He looks at both girls carefully, but all they see is themselves reflected in his mirrored sunglasses. "If you survive I trust this lesson in obedience and respect will not need to be repeated."

Eldmor
2009-03-26, 12:00 PM
Sarah

D'oh! Sarah managed to forget one of her Mas... Number One's quirks. That he's bat-^#$% insane. She whimpers aloud as her skin touches Raven's from the knot.
Lets... get this done quickly..... OKAY? :smallannoyed: Her face is very strained and she breaths heavily as they wobble their way to the front gate in view of James. Or was it Number 2? He hasn't seem to have lost his marbles in the sewer drain yet.

Wiz
2009-03-26, 12:21 PM
James

James waits til the two girls are in position. He glances for a moment at the buffoon with his toy.

Idiot... we may be the only human beings alive on the planet insofar as we know, and you're sending two of the women out into danger on an insane whim... if I didn't need you alive, this would be you!

James lifts the assault rifle up, sighting along the scope and proceeds to plow some of the remaining zombies around the gate and golf balls, plus any new ones that have wandered in that direction.

OOC - Skillfull Shooting of Zombie Heads: [roll0]

Once the area is clear, he will lift the gate control, wave to the girls, and push the button to open the gate. As the gate slowly grinds open he feels an electric thrill along his nerves...

If they are caught, it will be a brutal slaughter... such pain and fear.

His masklike face shows neither the enjoyment of the idea, nor the self-loathing over having such feelings.

Shades of Gray
2009-03-26, 03:50 PM
Buck Ripley, he eats bishies for breakfast!

Buck watches the gates, waiting interested for the gates to open. He turns to James.

So... Ten bucks that the chick on the left is the first to bite the dust? He asks casually, he looks half asleep.

Wiz
2009-03-26, 04:35 PM
James

James, after pressing the gate button, goes back to scanning the area with his scope. When Buck speaks, James turns very slowly and deliberately toward him, keeping the rifle to his eye until the barrel is an inch from Buck's head. "You should be careful, Mr. Ripley... you startled me. Imagine what could have happened by accident." He takes the assault rifle away and stares impassively at Buck. "When I check the supplies in the kitchen, I'd better not find more of the food sabotaged... you'll remember that, the last time you did that, I told you that you would be sent out on food gathering duty." He points out to the city.

Duh... it's a prison! There are video monitors everywhere! OOC - Skill roll you have to exceed (today) to perform some task by stealth without alerting James: [roll0]...

Shades of Gray
2009-03-26, 04:37 PM
Buck Ripley

I don't know what you are talking about. Buck said, it wasn't a very good lie. He takes out his shotgun. I'll make sure that they live probably, I might get bored.

OOC: Don't Butlers always lose against Maids/Stewards? I don't mind though.
Regardless, [roll0] I need a 6 on this, might as well as try to get as few stress as possible.

Wiz
2009-03-26, 04:47 PM
OOC - Yes, I always lose in a direct contest and I cannot give you stress. However, it doesn't mean I can't set up a situation where I can keep track of you - I can't do anything to you if I do or don't catch you. So, don't worry. You can blow James off... all he'll do is report you to Number 1... that's not so bad, is it?

Siren
2009-03-27, 09:16 PM
Kristi Harlow

Kristi wants to avoid the master, he freaks her out. She doesn't want to shirk work though and get into trouble. What a dilemma. She looks around the kitchen after cleaning at the others there. Oh look there is Theo!Kristi walks over and whispers to Theo.

"Theo, do you want to ask the Master what we are doing today? He is so weird I really don't want to. If you don't want to we can figure out what to do together."

Kristi smiles at Theo.

Anonomuss
2009-03-28, 02:59 AM
Of course my dear lady. Your wish is my command, unless of course Number 1 hath anything to say in the matter. Theo replied, he then looked around conspiratorally and said,
Although, if you would be so kind, ix-nay on the heo-Tay

He then gathered up the breakfast he had made, and proceeded to make his way up to the battlements, where Jam- Number 2 and Number 1 were watching two of the others make a suicidal dash into the wastes around the facility.

Hail Number 1, Theo said, bowing, while holding the tray level, On this fine morning, might I interest you in some food to break your night long fast?

Also, might I enquire as to your wishes regarding our activities this morning, Number 1?

-Luck-[roll0]-to not upset the mast- Number 1, I figure it's obligatory.
-Luck-[roll1]-to have made something he likes for breakfast

Zarah
2009-03-28, 03:23 AM
Luna

Out of the corner of her eye, Luna noticed Kristi lunge toward Theo. Okay, maybe that was a bit of an exaggeration. Luna noticed Kristi latch onto Theo. That sounds better.

Her head slowly turned to watch them talk. It didn't take long for her eyes to narrow at the sight. A stream of a thousand thoughts poured through Luna's mind, most of which far too explicit to describe. She let out a snort at them all.

Eventually, Theo wandered off and the sounds of gunshots snapped Luna out of her fantasies, prompting her to get back to work.

Creepy girl is creepy. I know Kristi isn't actually romantically interested in Theo, but Luna is kinda crazy that way. :smalltongue:

Also, I'm switching to writing past-tense, since I can only properly manage present-tense when I'm DMing. So... yeah.

Siren
2009-03-28, 08:43 AM
Kristi Harlow

Before Theo leaves Kristi smacks him on the back and laughs.

"You will always be Theo to me. Sorry."

Kristi scans the kitchen after Theo leaves. There is a girl looking at her. Was she eavesdropping? No that can't be. Kristi walks over and holds out her hand.

"Hi my name is Kristi. My friend is going to find out what we need to do today. So we don't have to see the boss if we don't want to."

Kristi gives the girl her best smile. Obviously since one is meant to be more sexy than the one for the guy. Doesn't seem like she is trying to seduce the girl though. It is a little early in the day to be picking out who will warm my bed tonight.

Neon Knight
2009-03-28, 02:05 PM
Saul Richards

"Ah, good morning, Henchman. I'm afraid I'll have to wait until after Henchwoman Raven and Sarah complete their run to dine. As for your activities... clear Cell 12 of all the spare boxes, set up two chairs inside - the comfy one with the soft cushions, and that electric chair we have in storage - and then find that set of knives we had lying around. You know, those big ones that make me feel all tingly whenever I pick one up."

Shades of Gray
2009-03-28, 02:11 PM
Buck Ripley. Believe!

Sure thing boss Buck says, with very audible italics.

Buck will go lift boxes!
[roll0]

Anonomuss
2009-03-28, 02:53 PM
Of course number One, sire, I will inform the remaining henchmen of your tasks. Please do not let me further hinder your entertainment. Theo said, leaving the tray down, and bowing before leaving.

You old loon... he thought.

Go on, say it to his face. the other voice in his head says.

He returns to the women in the 'kitchen'

Well ladies, our task is as follows. We are to clear cell C 12 of all the spare boxes and to set up 2 chairs, the boss' comfy one and the electric chair. Then we're to get all his sharp knives. Sounds like a fun day. Well, off to work.

Skill roll for doing as asked-[roll0]

Siren
2009-03-28, 03:10 PM
Kristi Harlow- Box lifting machine

"Well there is no need to call me lady. You know I am no lady, Theo. Man, why does everything he orders have to be so creepy? Also I wonder who he is going to put in the electric chair and use the knives on?"

Kristi shivers. Then she heads towards the room. She starts to easily lift the boxes away.

25 for lifting the boxes. Rolled it in the OOC.

Eldmor
2009-03-28, 03:56 PM
Sarah, Zombie Dodger

Mental and physical suicide in one morning; he sure got the ball rolling. Sarah runs as fast and coordinated as she can for the golf balls with the 3-leg knot, dodging and tripping any zombies that get too close with her free leg.

Athletically avoiding the zombies and collecting golf balls.

Eurus
2009-03-28, 05:34 PM
Eliza looks up at Theo from the plate of food that she is hurriedly eating in an attempt to get some nutrition before the day's work. "Aye, alright," she replies with a rather obvious eye roll. "An' Number One won't be putting any o' us in th' electric chair. Na' without a fight, anyway."

Quickly putting the leftover food away, she sets to her task.

(([roll0]))

DaburaMiyao
2009-03-30, 08:46 PM
Raven Callahan

Raven stares at Number One for one long moment then sighs and heads out to the yard with Sarah. He starts shaking a bit, and gets some charms ready in one hand, and kunai in the other.

"Okay, let's do this." He says and waits for the gate to open.

Shades of Gray
2009-03-30, 08:55 PM
Buck Ripley, running out of manly things to say!

Have fun getting eaten. Buck chuckles to Raven, as he whistles while going down the hallway, looking for anyone to cause trouble to talk to.

Wiz
2009-03-30, 08:58 PM
James

James presses the button, opening the gate. The girls hurry through and he closes it, then begins scanning for more zombies. Any of them get close to the gate (while open) or the girls and it gets a full frontal lobotomy.

OOC - Skillful Marksmanship: [roll0]

Tichrondrius
2009-04-03, 08:22 PM
Everything gets done in quite a satisfactory manner, actually.

Then those girls go outside. And everything seems to go bad.

The two girls are tied together rather shabbily in three leg race mode. The zombies immediately turn and stare at them, then start shambling over.

"Braaainnnsss..." The foremost zombie requests, asking rather politely actually.

As soon as Sarah goes for a golf ball, she trips, pulling Raven down with her and a zombie tries to take a bite out of her. Roll.

James manages to blast a few of the slower and stupider zombies, but then they start to notice him and start trying to actively get to him. A few dozen of them go for the gate.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-03, 08:24 PM
Hey Raven, watch out behind you! Buck yells to Raven, no one being behind him/her.

[roll0]

Neon Knight
2009-04-04, 10:11 PM
Saul Richards

From his safe vantage point, Saul clapped his hands and laughed. "Oh, what fun!"

Dreamshifter
2009-04-05, 12:29 AM
Michelle

Having been up a bit too late due to sneaking around, Michelle has missed much of the morning's activities, but as soundproof as the walls might be, the sound of gunfire trickles through into her dreams, and combined with her growing awareness of a tightness in her chest, it is enough to wake her. Her eyes snap open to Fuzzball, licking her nose and whimpering. "..."

Her attempt to yell at the dog fails miserably, due to her current near lack of breathing, which prompts her to reach for her supply of epi pins. Which reminds her that her hands are bound, making the whole morning ritual that much more difficult. Still, this isn't the first time she's woken up like this, and she focuses her will, trying to get out from in under the terrible dog.

[roll0], which might not work, cause I've not done that style of rolling before... and if it fails, well, it could be the shortest character life in any game, ever! :smallwink:

Not entirely gracefully, but with focused determination, she managed to inject herself, and regain her breath. "Fuzzball, I wish you wouldn't do that. Wait, gunshots? Oh, just peachy, I wonder who pissed off our yellow overlord?" She heads toward the kitchen, figuring (hoping) that things will be fine without her, for at least a few minutes.

Zarah
2009-04-05, 01:30 AM
Luna

Luna stared blankly at the girl talking before her, who was apparently giving her an introduction. She nodded awkwardly, then replied with her own name, "Luna."

After another moment of strange, staring silence, she continued, "It would be nice to have to avoid the boss, but I doubt it'll happen." Once she had finished, Theo returned, explained the duties of the day, then appeared to simply vanish in a puff of logic.

A few more gunshots then snapped her attention to the front gate, and she went to see what all the commotion was about.

Wiz
2009-04-05, 02:21 AM
James

James stands at the top of the guard tower, unworried by the zombies milling below, and once he's sure the gate is shut, he ignores the zombies going for that portal for the moment. He focuses exclusively on zombies going for the girls.

DaburaMiyao
2009-04-06, 12:29 PM
Raven Callahan

Raven looks behind him, then shoots the bird at Buck just as he gets dragged down with Sarah. Raven tries to pull her over him and roll away from the zombie before it can bite either of them. "Watch out!" He says in a less feminine voice than usual.

[roll0]

Neon Knight
2009-04-08, 09:50 PM
Saul Richards

"Number 2, did you switch to the high powered magnum rounds like I suggested?" Saul kept up a stream of idle small talk and he watched the girl's mortal peril with sadistic glee.

Wiz
2009-04-08, 10:26 PM
James

James pauses, "If you will remember, Number One, your experimental rounds still explode on an order of one in six. Since I'd rather not chance putting the rifle out of comission under these circumstances, I thought it best to stick with the standard rounds." He continues focusing his shots on the zombies closest to the girls.

Neon Knight
2009-04-09, 07:44 AM
Saul Richards

Saul sighed. "I suppose you are right, Number 2."

DaburaMiyao
2009-04-10, 09:30 PM
Raven Callahan

"S***!" He keeps rolling to avoid certain death.

[roll0]x3

Wiz
2009-04-11, 02:12 AM
James

James continues to blast zombies away from the girls - there is a certain satisfaction rising in him even though they don't feel pain and aren't alive - he can imagine if only they did and were...

Eldmor
2009-04-12, 11:12 PM
AH! Sarah yells as she yanks her leg away from the zombie and tries to return to retrieving the balls.
[roll0] Hoping that Luck Somehow Pulls Us Through

Neon Knight
2009-04-18, 10:54 AM
Saul Richards

Saul watched as the girls pretty much messed up. "Tsk, tsk. They should have paid more attention during the Henchmen Three Legged Race Courses I set up."