PDA

View Full Version : Getting Deep Impact to Work With Full-Attack

Crow
2009-03-25, 07:08 PM
By the reading of the Deep Impact (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm#deepImpact) feat, much like the True Strike spell, you may only reap the benefits on a single attack. As I have been looking through the SRD though, I came across Epic Psionic Focus (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/feats.htm#epicPsionicFocus).

Now obviously, you would need to take this spell multiple times, especially for someone like Wild-Talent Two-Weapon Ranger. Setting aside the fact that you will be completely annihilated by the epic full-casters...

In theory: Should this feat allow you to expend psionic focus multiple times on Deep Impact, so as to allow a character to reap it's benefts on every attack of a full-attack action?

tyckspoon
2009-03-25, 08:01 PM
Well, *also* setting aside that you have to be nearly a full manifester yourself just to take the feat... (requirement: able to manifest a max level power in one psionic class. Just being a psionic character won't do it.)

I'm pretty sure the answer is no. It's possible you could use Epic Psionic Focus to activate Deep Impact twice at once, but both applications would still apply to the single attack you are about to make; it'd be like having two instances of True Strike active. They both apply to your next attack, so they both get discharged on that next attack for no extra benefit over just using it once. And then your psionic focus is expended, making it impossible to reuse Deep Impact for any further attacks in the series.

Something like "Improved Deep Impact" with the effect of "your use of Deep Impact now affects all attacks you make in this round" or possibly "activating Deep Impact no longer expends your psionic focus" would be a perfectly reasonable Epic feat, or even a higher-level normal feat, but there isn't anything that will let you pull it off in the current listing.

Draz74
2009-03-25, 08:36 PM
I concur with Spoon's analysis. The feat would work if you wanted to, say, use Deep Impact and Psionic Weapon (+2d6 damage) on the same attack.

It's really mostly intended for applying more than one Metapsionic feat to the same power.