PDA

View Full Version : Outside II: Now with Menacing Crabs

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Reinholdt
2009-03-25, 08:24 PM
This place is just as it sounds. It's outside.
Want a change of scenery? Go outside.
Always wanted to visit the beach? Come outside.
Looking to have a climatic fight on clifftops? Attempt outside.
Secret meetings being held where there's no cameras? Try outside.
Want an ambush without nasty base defenses? Yep. Outside.

Any and all are welcome here. There are no NPCs unless you bring them in. The major exception is the creepy eyed squirrel. The creepy eyed squirrel does not interfere with anyone. The creepy eyed squirrel is everywhere outside. The creepy eyed squirrel is always watching. The creepy eyed squirrel never sleeps. The creepy eyed squirrel can not be damaged, manipulated, or killed by anyone. The creepy eyed squirrel will eat anyone's very being who attempts to do so. Anyone can god-mode the creepy eyed squirrel. You may pet the creepy eyed squirrel at your own risk.

Other NPCs currently include:
The menacing crabs. These intimidating creatures are usually found by the shore.
The non-existant duck. You'll miss every time you shoot at it.

There is very little you can't do outside. However, like always, please follow the forum rules and general rules of conduct. Private conversations can be held outside. If it seems like a private (secret) conversation, please respect that. Those having such a conversation should do their best to indicate it as such. Otherwise, other characters may stumble upon you. Those desiring to spy in on private conversations should first PM those holding the private conversation, more out of courtesy than anything else.

There are many areas outside, and people can be in multiple places outside. In order to keep areas outside separated so there's no confusion, consider bolding your outside location at the start of each of your posts, like so:

The Fields

Reinholdt sets up various targets and practices his sharpshooting. All these events recently has made him a bit rusty. To his left, he notes the creepy eyed squirrel. Giving him the heebie-jeebies, Reinholdt decides to head somewhere else.

The Cliffside

Calublufiok broods over his latest scheme as he flies over the cliffs. The creepy eyed squirrel is watching him again. He finds occasionally landing and telling the creepy eyed squirrel his plans helps him find holes in his plotting.

Note Reinholdt and Calublufiok do not interact because they are in different areas outside. They could interact, if Reinholdt moves to the cliffside. Of course, various things like telepathy help bypass this. Also, please note outside has no major buildings.

And most importantly, enjoy outside. That's what this is all about. :smallsmile:

Ashen Lilies
2009-03-28, 03:12 AM
A cave.
As Frei draws out the ritual circle, the team breathe a collective sigh of relief.
"It's good to know that soon our mission will finally be over."
"I just wish there was another way of doing this. Necromancy turns my gut."
Argeis puts a hand on the ranger's shoulder.
"Trust me Vrael, this is the only way. The lich has stopped more holy divinations at every turn, and between this ritual, and letting him run amok, I would choose this any day."
Frei finishes the complicated 14 point star, and begins placing measured doses of herbs and incense in 13 of the points.
"Get ready my friends. With the leyline running through here, I'll be able to not only locate him, but drag him right here. He'll be taken completely by surprise."
"That's great news. He'll be completely at our mercy."
Vrael unfastens the two axes off his back, and sets up at the west side of the cave, while Argeis sets up his crossbow at the east. Aria walks around the ritual circle to the south, readying several spells as she does.
Frei steps into the northernmost point of the star, which conveniently has nothing in it. She raises her arms dramatically, and the temperature in the cave drops dramatically. She opens her mouth, issuing a single word.

"COME"
There's a blinding flash, but after it's done, instead of a surprised looking lich summoned out of his bath sitting in the middle of the star, 13 Necromancer Lords stand around the edge, taking the place of the piles of reagent placed earlier. Some of them stand proudly, warrior-lords, who commanded undead armies against might cities. Some mage-lords, furthering the depths of necromancy, creating new forms of undead and depravity. One of them just looks creepy.
. . .
Silence.
. . .
More Silence.
. . .
"You bitch."
"You betrayed us."
"I'm going to kill you!"
"Not so fast."
Frei raises a hand, and the three suddenly find themselves trapped in individual force-cages.
"If you'll excuse me, I have some more work to do."
Turning back to the center, she raises her hands once more, beginning a new spell. Her lips move ceaselessly, and after several minutes of continuous chanting, the spell is complete, and the star dissolves into nothing, leaving Frei, 13 ghostly Necromancer Lords, and three force-cage bound heroes in the cave.
"It... it is finally done my lord. Now we can complete the last of our plan. Together."
She steps forward, uncertain as to what comes next.
One of the Necromancer Lords, the oldest and the most powerful of them (and possibly the only blond necromancer in existance), speaks.
"No. As you said, the plan is nearly complete. Another Necromancer Lord would only slow the proceedings. Besides, we believe Orson has not had the chance to complete his service.
"Indeed I have not."
Frei, seeing truth, steps back, afraid.
"You... You're betraying me... *guk*"
She grabs her throat, desperately trying to loosen invisible bonds.
Caedyn lowers his hand, and resumes his impassive stance, arms folded across broad chest.
"Yes, Frei. We are. I'm sure you understand." :smallamused:
Tears streamed down Frei's cheeks now, and the invisible bonds loosened, letting her collapse onto the floor.
"Orson?"
Orson nods. There's a flash, and the ghost of the Necromancer Lord disappears.
Frei abruptly stops sobbing, and clenches one of her hands experimentally. She stands, and at the same time the force-cages expire.
"You BASTARDS!"
Vrael charges at his former lover at the same time Argeis looses an enchanted crossbow bolt at her. There's another flash, and a pile of ranger shaped ashes hit the floor, scattering into a spray of gray remains. The crossbow bolt ceases to exist entirely.
'Frei' kicks at the ashes at disgust.
"Terribly sorry. Destroying one's soul completely does that to you. All that excess energy has to go somewhere. Speaking of which..."
Grabbing another crossbow bolt out of mid-air and snapping it between his fingers, 'Frei' turns to the rest of the Necromancer Lords.
"Are you ready?"
One of them snaps back.
"Of course we're ready Orson."
"As you say Asiel. As you say."
'Frei' raises a delicate hand.
"Banish" :smallamused:
Instead of a flash, there's a *pop-shrrrrrlp*, as Asiel gets torn to ghostly shreds and sent back to the afterlife.
The other Necromancer Lords watch in shocked silence, not responding as they too, in turn, are banished.
"You're betraying me Orson? You're betraying me?!" :smallfurious:
Casually deflecting a fireball from Aria out the cave entrance, 'Frei' smiles and answers coolly.
"Yes, Caedyn. I am. I'm sure you understand."
็ำ็She tosses a gem at the ghost.
"Soul Bind"
'Frei' casually walks over to the gem, picks it up, and, winking at the two remaining heroes, disappears.

Morty
2009-03-28, 10:12 AM
Deep in the woods, there are still two men sitting in a camp. They seems very patient, content to wait until they're given an order.

Ashen Lilies
2009-03-30, 06:10 AM
The Skies

Jazirian flies around the area above GLoG, scanning the ground with keen eyes for traces of the mob that had come Saturday. Because there were always traces. Even the rabbits left them, crushed plants, packed earth. They only remained for a few hours, but they were there. And a mob left a much larger trace than a rabbit. Hopefully the weather hadn't gotten around to wiping their trail away yet.

Kaelaroth
2009-03-30, 10:38 AM
Indeedio. Most of the mob appeared to have moved from Freedom Glades, straight to GLoG, in a disorganised bundle.

happyturtle
2009-03-30, 11:57 AM
Vasilisa is wandering through the forest, enjoying the spring air and gathering wildflowers.

Kaelaroth
2009-03-30, 12:00 PM
The adorable girl may see Vorka, the handsome blond-haired knight, walking down a forest path, in a direction that's vaguely towards her, a sword, faintly glowing with holy light, in one hand, his tome in the other, and a quiver and longbow slung over his back. Indeed, he waves to her, slipping his sword into its scabbard, on his belt.

happyturtle
2009-03-30, 12:16 PM
Vasili skips up to Vorka and curtseys. "Hello, Sir. Isn't it a beautiful day?"

Kaelaroth
2009-03-30, 12:18 PM
It's quite lovely, yes. Except over there. Vorka says, gesturing to the small rainclouds that have started to form over the Taverna. But that's fine, I never go that way. How are you, Vasilisa? It seems he's been training, or hunting, or both, as he arrives, she may notice the dead hares slung over his back, in a string.

happyturtle
2009-03-30, 12:37 PM
"I am well. Do you often hunt in these woods?"

Kaelaroth
2009-03-30, 12:40 PM
Often, yes. He says, looking down at her, as he shifts the hares on his back, uncomfortable, from one side to another. Why? Looking around, he starts moving towards GLoG base, but slowly.

happyturtle
2009-03-30, 12:53 PM
"I wouldn't want to spoil your hunt, Sir," Vasili says. "I can take my walks another way, if it pleases you."

Kaelaroth
2009-03-30, 12:58 PM
Oh, no, feel no need. Vorka say, smiling. The forest is plenty large enough for the both of us, and I rarely come this way. Don't let me disturb you any longer. I hope to see you soon; stay well. Nodding to her, he saunters away, down the path, letting the birdsong wash over him, and his parting words.
((deadtime))

billtodamax
2009-04-02, 05:38 AM
Just outside the taverna.

Slinking around the taverna, watching, is... something staring intently at the door. It wasn't time yet. It slunk away back into the forest.

billtodamax
2009-04-04, 01:21 AM
Near GloG
A fearful NPC teen meets up with one of his friends.
Are you sure this is a good idea? I mean, we don't even have names!
Stop being such a baby.
But there were all those strange howls...
It's probably just some local dog, now come on, you want to get home, right?
Well, yeah...
Then let's go!
There was something padding behind the boys, but in their haste they seemed not to notice it. the padding became louder and more frequent, as if more creatures had begun following them. The older boy started joking around, teasing the other boy for his foolishness. Then the struck. Pouncing onto the boys they tore them limb from limb, then they started to eat.

The boys bodies would be found later by a generic NPC, who then had to go into therapy because of what he saw.

Darkcomet
2009-04-04, 09:28 PM
Outside GLoG

DC flies out of the building in a panic, then heads for the hill as described in the letter.

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-04, 09:31 PM
On the hill is KR-15 holding a blaster pistol to a teddy bear's head. Next to him on the ground is a bazooka. On the other side of him is an orb of some sort, buried in the ash. Oh, right. The ash. The hill is covered in it, as well as various bits of shrapnel.

Darkcomet
2009-04-04, 09:33 PM
DC stares, then looks at the assorted debris.

You didn't...

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-04, 09:39 PM
"Query: I didn't what, Master? 'You didn't...' is not a very unambiguous question."

KR-15 discretely peers around to see if he's alone. Having a single giant photoreceptor in the middle of his face helps.

Darkcomet
2009-04-04, 09:41 PM
Unless someone followed him, he's alone.

DC scowls.

Fine then, better question. Where did that come from?

He gestures at the ash and shrapnel.

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-04, 09:46 PM
"Answer: It was another KR-15 unit. The bazooka was aimed at your head. Sensing an opportunity to test some new technology, I used the prototype trans-dimensional-shifter to introduce a grenade to its cold fusion reactor. The results were satisfyingly messy."

Darkcomet
2009-04-04, 09:48 PM
So, tell me: Why did you call me out here?

The tone of DC's voice makes it rather obvious that he doesn't trust KR-15.

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-04, 09:53 PM
"Obvious Answer: I would assume that you would want to know about attempts on you life, would you not?"

Any person would have forgotten about the teddy bear by now. Not KR-15. The gun is still pointed to the poor, traumatized bear's head. WON'T ANYBODY SAVE HIM!?

Darkcomet
2009-04-04, 09:55 PM
Then why didn't you just tell me rather than tricking me into thinking you'd...?

Still not trusting him.

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-04, 09:58 PM
"Dismissive Answer: Judging from the psychological profile that I have composed of you during our times together, I determined that threatening your loved ones was the most expedient way of getting you out of the base. (They still won't let me in, you know)."

Darkcomet
2009-04-04, 10:01 PM
Of course they won't let you in after that stunt you pulled. Now, on to more questions. One. What is that?

He points to the orb.

Two. Why was a KR-15 unit trying to kill me?

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-04, 10:04 PM
"Answer: That is the KR-15 unit's head.
Second Answer: I suspect it is a survivor of K-Corp who did not have the epiphany I did. Its technology and behavioral functions were primitive to the extreme. I assume it will have a headquarters somewhere, and by now will have loaded into a new body."

Darkcomet
2009-04-04, 10:08 PM
I hope you don't mind if I test that.

DC attempts to telekinetically grab up the orb and lift it out of the ash.

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-04, 10:12 PM
It is very recognizably KR-15's head. At least, the old version, which was a separate drone thingy which could detach from the body and had all the fiddly panel things and stuff with concealed weapons underneath.

Darkcomet
2009-04-04, 10:17 PM
The head should drop back to the ground, barring it still being functional somehow. Well, your story checks out for now. But if I find out you did something to her... No amount of fancy gadgetry will save you.

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-04, 10:24 PM
"Oblivious Statement: Do not worry needlessly Master. The teddy bear is unharmed."

He wiggles the bear slightly.

Darkcomet
2009-04-04, 10:27 PM
DC sighs. Speaking of which... Isn't that rather pointless? Or are you just trying to embarrass me?

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-04, 10:42 PM
"Condescending Explanation: How do you think it would reflect on my reputation as a mass-murdering psychopathic AI if I threatened someone you love and then turned out not to be threatening anyone at all? At least this way I can claim that this was your favorite teddy bear when you were 2 years of age or something."

Darkcomet
2009-04-04, 10:47 PM
I wouldn't remember, but if it existed, it doesn't anymore. One last thing. Never pull that stunt again.

DC telekinetically picks up the bazooka (unless it's somehow guarded against that), then flies off, probably back to GLoG.

What use does he have for a bazooka when he already has a BFG of his own? He doesn't. He's just going to deposit it in the armory.

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-04, 10:57 PM
"Bland Statement: Whatever you say Master."

And then DC flies off with the bazooka.
KR-15 shrugs, and blows the teddy bear's brains out. OH THE HUMANITY!!!

FireFox
2009-04-15, 08:32 AM
Sprinting across the hellish landscape, Tobias nimbly dodges the streaks of fire and hail he can and blasts back those he cannot. Making his way to the nearest burned out husk of a village, he gives first aid to the survivors and magically heals those who are still alive. Creating a strong subterranean hideout, he hopes that it will keep them alive until the professionals at GLoG finish up with this plague nonsense, knowing that they, without a doubt, have the situation well in hand.
Resting for a minute after the magical exertion, he takes a swig of water from his canteen and races towards the next visibly wrecked domicile. He notices the undead from a distance, but those are always dealt with after the living.

The Bushranger
2009-04-16, 10:36 PM
Quinn, having been chucked out of the Citadel unceremoniously, lands with an oof, then a groan of pain.
The bandages Susan applied in haste are already turning bright red...

FireFox
2009-04-16, 10:40 PM
Well, well, well, if it isn't the paladin... Bending his pale head close to her ear, the vampire whispers: Where is your God now?...
I've always wanted to say that...

billtodamax
2009-04-16, 10:43 PM
>.>
<.<
*copy pastes post*
"You're a paladin, right? I saw you smite that demon. Can you heal yourself?" Susan asks, looking around worriedly.
"(Expletive removed), where are they?" She'll attempt to set Quinn down and start sniffing the ground.

The Bushranger
2009-04-16, 10:46 PM
Quinn, alas, is in too much pain to respond to either Susan or Tobias.
Or, as it happens, to even notice either of them speaking to her.

Having had a sword stuck through your liver will do that to you.

billtodamax
2009-04-16, 10:53 PM
Susan will attempt to pull out the sword, then she'll turn to face the vampire. She'll glare at him, then gesture to about seven bushes behind him.
"I need someone to help me take her to the hospital." She says to the bushes.
"Where are you, mage?" She'll ask. A wolf slinks out off one of the bushes behind the vampire Tobias.
"Teleport myself and this paladin to the hospital." She says. "Then the rest of you can do what you want with the vampire." The mage will begin casting the teleport in an attempt to move Quinn, Susan, and himself to the hospital. He can be stopped. Six werewolves walk out of the bushes behind Tobias, as wolves.

The Bushranger
2009-04-16, 10:58 PM
The sword should be easily removed.
And Quinn, for her part, won't be making any protests to stop things, she has her spleen on her mind at the moment.

FireFox
2009-04-16, 11:01 PM
Tobias snorts in amusement. Two quick things. One, the hospital is a burning, rioting mess. That's a bad idea. Two, I have seriously killed hundreds of werewolves. Hell, I took down the God of Werewolves! That is also a bad idea, so step off.

billtodamax
2009-04-16, 11:08 PM
The werewolves behind Tobias hesitate. They back away, and disappear into the bushes one more.
"Wait mage!" Susan yells. The mage stops in his incantations for a second, his eyes glowing with power. She seems wrenched with indescision.
"Takes us to where Gabriel's brother, Vlad was staying." The mage makes a few hand signs and changes course, aiming for the rose garden at GLoG.
"You better be pretty grateful." She murmers to Quinn.

The Bushranger
2009-04-16, 11:13 PM
Quinn just nods very slightly, not really aware of what was said, as she's fading in and out of consiousness.

FireFox
2009-04-16, 11:16 PM
Tobias disappears.

billtodamax
2009-04-16, 11:17 PM
Unless Tobias's gonna do anything, they're taken to the rose garden at GLoG (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109172&page=10)

dagaarn
2009-04-17, 05:07 AM
Outside the Citadel
Karl groans and rolling onto his side, vomits into the grass.
Now -that- was a bad dream. How long have i been...
He slowly pulls himself up and looks around.
He was still outside the Citadel, but there was no one there now.
He turns around and gasps, the city was in ruins, it hadn't been like that a few moments ago. He was sure there had been a village there before.
He starts stumbling in, towards the Taverna.
I need a drink.

Darkcomet
2009-04-17, 11:16 AM
Outside GLoG

Vyrn finds himself being stopped.

And then he raises a fairly mundane hand grenade into the air.

I don't think EMPs work on these. Too bad for you.

Fredthefighter
2009-04-17, 11:19 AM
Outside GLoG
Johnny doesn't stop running after Vyrn, he isn't afraid of anything that Vyrn can dish out.
Vieni via!
A medium earth elemental appears directly in front of Vyrn and attempts to grab hold of him in a bone-crushing "stonehug".

Darkcomet
2009-04-17, 11:21 AM
((Um, I think that's a bit too much at once. Not one, not two, but three attacks?

Also, he didn't even throw the grenade yet. 'twas a threat.))

Fredthefighter
2009-04-17, 11:23 AM
(Sorry, I got carried away, I've edited it so that it's a bit better. Again, I apologise)

Darkcomet
2009-04-17, 11:30 AM
Said earth elemental may find itself in a bad position as Vyrn pulls the pin on the grenade and rolls it under it.

KABOOM.

Fredthefighter
2009-04-17, 11:31 AM
The earth elemental explodes, but showers the surrounding area in stone shrapnel, which will cut and slash whatever it touches. Johnny's wards cause whatever shrapnel that travels in direction to bounce harmessly away from him. Vyrn however may be a different story.

Johnny launches a torrent of invisible force at Vyrn.

Darkcomet
2009-04-17, 11:41 AM
Vyrn raises an arm to shield his face from the brunt of the shrapnel as he gets sprayed with it. He's seen worse, though. The doom storm and all.

Then he gets knocked over by invisible force. And picks up one of the guns he stole and opens fire toward Johnny.

Fredthefighter
2009-04-17, 11:47 AM
Johnny is shot in the arm, but the wound quickly seals itself.
There is a spell for everything villain. And there is a mage for every spell.
Another invisible force is thrown at Vyrn, more specifically the gun, so that it should fly from his grip.
(Right, you have two choices, you can either have Vyrn die from a barrage of arcane energy, or you have him magically knocked unconscious/put to sleep and imprisoned in the GLoG holding cells. I'll let you decide because he's your character. I wouldn't feel right just leaving you with an ultimatum)

Jacklu
2009-04-17, 12:07 PM
A rippling hole in space opens quite unexpectedly. Seriously, who'd ave seen it coming? From the portal drops a young girl dressed in light adventurer's grab and wearing an old worn fedora. She crashes between Johnny and Vyrn, followed immediately by a huge flood of bananas that pile up and spill out over the area, most likely blocking attacks and mussing everything up. Even worse, the bananas appear to have some kind of crazy magic/psychic power blocking affect for a few seconds. The girl stands from the banana's and looks around. I'm here, and I brought thirty thousand pounds of bananas! ....

Fredthefighter
2009-04-17, 12:13 PM
Well, that was unexpected.
Johnny looks at the young lady.
Hello there miss, I am Johnny Boy, it is a pleasure to meet you. Would you excuse me? I have a villain to stop.
Johnny will try to maneuvre his way around the bananas and then stop Vyrn from leaving by first, knocking any weapons he has away from him with magic, then making sure that wherever he runs, there is a forcefield.

Darkcomet
2009-04-17, 12:14 PM
Vyrn, not wanting to be covered in bananas, stands up quickly. A gun gets knocked out of his hands, yeah, but there are more lying right there, so he still has a gun! Whee!

And said gun is pointed at Johnny again.

Brilliant! Better than the damn apocalypse storm, anyway.

He's being sarcastic about the 'brilliant' part.

And then there were bullets being sprayed at Johnny. YAY FOR DISTRACTIONS.

Fredthefighter
2009-04-17, 12:17 PM
Johnny raises his hand and the bullets stop in mid-air.
Woah, I know Kung-fu.
Johnny jumps into the air and tries to spin-kick Vyrn's gun straight out of his hand, then he'll land and try to trip Vyrn up with a crouchjing sweep-kick.

Jacklu
2009-04-17, 12:19 PM
The bananas suddenly start crying. ... Yes... crying... With little mouths and everything. The girls looks around and slaps her forehead. Right, forgot. I was fighting these. At that moment the bananas start to flow together into a massive banana golem. First up on its agenda, smash! It chooses to smash Vyrn and Johnny with giant banana fists. Hey! Mister Tally Man! it bellows in rage, Tally Me Banana!!!

Fredthefighter
2009-04-17, 12:24 PM
Johnny leaps to the side of the banana fist.
What happens when a banana get struck by lightning?
Johnny unleashes a barrage of lightning at the banana golem.
The same thing that happens to everything else.
(Urgh, deadtime)

Darkcomet
2009-04-17, 12:29 PM
Vyrn jumps back from the banana attack, and looks between the banana golem and Johnny.

I don't have time for this!

And then he pulls out another grenade and throws it at the golem. The shrapnel would likely fly at Johnny too.

Jacklu
2009-04-17, 12:34 PM
The lightning ripples through the bananas, filling the air with the lovely scent of fresh baked banana bread. The banana golem continues to be enraged. Perhaps more so now then before. BANANA HAMMOCK HAVOC! It swings it's arms which shift into giant hammock shapes that try to capture Johnny and Vyrn. At the same time, the girl decides to get into the fight as well. She hold out her hand and draws... *rolls dice* *consults table* a plasma riffle! She looks at it and grins. Wart wart wart! She opens fire on the golem, which continues to be not very happy. Oh, and that grenade vanish into the yellow mass of the bananas, most likely to asplode the next time I post.

Darkcomet
2009-04-17, 12:37 PM
This is ridiculous!

Vyrn rolls to the side, then opens fire on the banana golem. With bullets.

dagaarn
2009-04-17, 12:38 PM
At this point Karl comes along. Seeing the fighting, he orders some popcorn from the closest popcorn and herpes vendor ((he sells both but not together. There is a small room behind the stall for people purchasing the latter of the two)) and settles down in front row seats to watch. 5 gold says the Banana golem dies, but takes the guy with the lightning out with him.

Jacklu
2009-04-17, 12:42 PM
The bullets... uh.... don't do much... Neither do the plasma bolts fired by the girl. Although... that grenade... There is suddenly and violently a whole lot of banana pudding everywhere. The girl wipes it off her face and coughs. The pudding starts to pull itself back together again. Uh-oh...

Darkcomet
2009-04-17, 12:44 PM
Oh, screw this!

Vyrn gathers up as many of the stolen guns as he can, then starts running away.

Jacklu
2009-04-17, 12:48 PM
The girl scrunches her lips. I WANT TEH MONKEYS!!!1! A swarm of monkeys appears out of nowhere and descends on the golem. Within moments there is nothing left. The monkeys run off to make trouble elsewhere. The girl grins at her handy work and vanishes, satisfied that she has done good.

dagaarn
2009-04-17, 12:49 PM
Karl scoops up a bit of pudding in his now empty popcorn container and takes off after Vyrn, maybe he can show Karl where PACKAGE is...no that's not it either...

Darkcomet
2009-04-17, 12:54 PM
Vyrn pulls the pin on his last grenade and drops it in Karl's path.

He just wants to get away at this point.

dagaarn
2009-04-17, 01:13 PM
Karl stops when he sees the grenade and backpedals quickly. He jumps behind the nearest dumpster as the grenade erupts. He sees bits of street and dirt fly past. He peeks around the dumpster cautiously, no sign of anyone. He gets up, feeling the new scrapes and bruises from his stuntman dive and proceeds in search for SPACE...no that's not it either...

happyturtle
2009-04-17, 04:32 PM
The Woods

Vasilisa leaves the Taverna and carries Reinholdt into the woods. She walks for hours, but she eventually reaches

The Ruined Cabin

This is the small house where Vasilisa used to live before her mother died. A tree has broken through part of the roof, but it is mostly sheltered from the weather.

She sets Reinholdt on a blanket and places a bowl of cream near him.

And she waits.

Reinholdt
2009-04-17, 04:52 PM
The Ruined Cabin
She gets to wait a long time as catatonic kitty isn't really doing anything.

Wait long enough and she'll be able to see that includes eating.

Reinholdt
2009-04-17, 11:12 PM
Reinholdt hasn't eaten all day. Meh. Probably the least of worries for now.

But he speaks up.

"Give Reinholdt the letter."

happyturtle
2009-04-17, 11:21 PM
Vasilisa hasn't tried to force him to eat, but she has tried to keep him clean if, as her player suspects, he didn't even move when he needed to empty his bowels or bladder.

But when he finally speaks, she takes the letter out of her pocket and gives it to him.

Reinholdt
2009-04-17, 11:22 PM
Reinholdt opens the letter and reads it. Presuming it doesn't attack him when he does so or something.

Draken
2009-04-17, 11:41 PM
If you are not Reinholdt.
Explosive Runes.
If you still aren't Reinholdt.
Explosiver Runes.
Hi. Nemo here, if you are reading this, I presume you are not catatonic, good for you. Well, considering you got catatonic, it looked like you would go into such a state as we walked the corridor.

On to business and stuff or whatever.

You are commanded invited requested to Manaforge Saturno - conveniently found above the Freedom Glades scratch that, Epoch ordered it to move to the plains, you can probably see the thing from your position if you can see the sky.

The reason for this cordial not as hostile as it could be invitation is beyond my security clearance (Bloody Shadow Thingy). For all I know he could want to give his condolences (hahahaha). At least I know he doesn't want your skin (metaphor for death, he wouldn't really want your skin).

Your friend can come as well. Saturno is nicer than it sounds, very few bugs there.

We are expecting you, Herald Nemo.
(Wohoo! Promotion! I am Herald now!)

Reinholdt
2009-04-17, 11:56 PM
Reinholdt stands shakily, somewhat weak from the whole not eating thing, leaving the letter on the ground. "Gun." He doesn't even look at Vasilisa. Poor girl.

But how could he look anyone in the eyes anymore?

happyturtle
2009-04-18, 05:53 AM
"Not until you eat something."

Reinholdt
2009-04-18, 01:18 PM
Ah to hell with it. If he hadn't had the thing around for so long, he'd probably never want to see it again anyways.

Reinholdt tries walking out, but only ends up stumbling a bit and falling. He doesn't try to get back up yet, seemingly content to lie there in an awkward position.

happyturtle
2009-04-18, 01:26 PM
Vasilisa goes over to Reinholdt and tries to pick him up and spoon feed him the cream.

Reinholdt
2009-04-18, 01:35 PM
Reinholdt is easily scooped up.
Convincing him to eat on the other hand, is another matter. He's rather lost the will. On the upside it's like poking a plush toy! Just more pathetic.

happyturtle
2009-04-18, 01:40 PM
The Ruined Cabin

It's less like 'convincing him to eat' and more like 'dripping cream into his mouth in the hopes that some of it will get swallowed'.

Reinholdt
2009-04-18, 01:45 PM
The Ruined Cabin
I meant more along the lines of convincing him to open his mouth in the first place. Though I suppose if Vasilisa tried that trick to get cats to open their mouths he would. And then he'd swallow cause he doesn't want to choke on it.

But unless she forces his mouth open like that, it probably won't happen.

TwoBitWriter
2009-04-18, 02:17 PM
Jon wanders aimlessly having no set destination in mind.

He knew he had relied on Ms. Rabbit for too long, and it was time he made his own way in the world. It was time he made a living for himself the best way he knew how. Yet, even now, he still felt a twinge of desire to work toward her betterment. Reinholdt too. He still could not yet fully grasp that all the events that had transpired were their fault entirely, and that his own suffering was a result of their actions.

No... he still wished to protect them, to help them against their enemies.

And... given what they had tried to do, he would never run out of fresh targets.

He had been a fool to think he could change his destiny, he was a fool for caring about whether or not he had a soul. In the end, it didn't matter. Those who had souls were willing to throw them away so easily, so they must not have much value to begin with.

His wounds have long since stopped bleeding, surprising even Jon himself.

No, not Jon...

"I am Jonlas..." he mutters to himself.

He sees a man, travelling with a pack on his back. That man would hate Ms. Rabbit and Reinholdt, that man was an enemy.

Slowly, Jonlas unsheathed his assassin's dagger...

happyturtle
2009-04-18, 02:48 PM
She doesn't force him. She puts the spoon down, and pulls him to her face, nuzzling him. "Please, Reinholdt. Please eat something." :smallfrown:

Reinholdt
2009-04-18, 02:57 PM
Aww. All I think it takes is squeezing the right spot on the jaw. But I don't quite remember at the moment.

Reinholdt says nothing for a long while. One of those fifteen minutes or more whiles. But he finally speaks up. "Fine. Reinholdt will eat." This time. Maybe later if Vasilisa isn't around to beg him he won't.

happyturtle
2009-04-18, 03:47 PM
After he eats, Vasilisa gives him his gun. "Where are we going?"

Reinholdt
2009-04-18, 03:56 PM
Reinholdt mechanically straps the gun on as he's done for years. Vasilisa can easily see the contempt in his eyes that he holds for the weapon now.

He heads outside looking for Draken's manaforge without answering Vasilisa, honestly hoping she'll just stay behind. Not that rationally she'd actually be any safer staying behind.

happyturtle
2009-04-18, 04:30 PM
The Ruined Cabin:

Vasilisa follows Reinholdt, without speaking.

The Countryside:

A white delivery truck drives around for a while, the driver and his partner looking for something.

"There. I think I see some."

"They seem awfully far from the road."

"So we'll carry it out to them."

"And if they attack?"

"They're zombies. We'll outrun them."

The driver looks uncertain, but finally pulls over on the side of the road and parks. The two men take the stretcher carrying the body of Shepherd and head towards the zombies.

"You'd better hope there isn't anything stronger than zombies out there."

The zombies, smelling meat, begin shambling towards the men.

"We can dump it here, right?"

"Closer. Lady said to be sure."

"How will she know?"

"This is Acro. She'll have someone scrying us or something. And let's just say I don't think doing the job half-assed is a good idea. I don't want that one pissed off at me."

The get within a few meters of the zombies, before they drop the stretcher and run back to the truck. A few zombies follow, but most gather around the corpse and begin to feed.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-18, 04:32 PM
And the formerly beautiful body is devoured, fairly quickly.

TwoBitWriter
2009-04-18, 04:49 PM
Jonlas, as a hawk, quickly follows the delivery van and the two men inside it who were completely unaware that they would soon meet their deaths...

happyturtle
2009-04-18, 05:04 PM
Indeed, the delivery truck and its occupants drive on obliviously, eventually reaching their small office in an industrial complex and going inside.

"That job gave me the creeps. What kind of person wants to dispose of a relative that way?"

"The kind that pays a lot of money for doing it. Otherwise, I wouldn't have taken the job. And here's your half of the money." He hands the driver a heavy sack of gold.

"Great. Now I'm going home to take the hottest shower of my life. Probably won't get out for a week. Freaking zombies." He shudders, and steps outside.

((Actions by Twobit are pre-approved, and not godmodding))

TwoBitWriter
2009-04-18, 05:19 PM
And the man who stepped outside will be the first victim. He will find himself mauled by a bear, and torn to shreds.

His body is dragged back inside the office and flung in front of the other.

Jonlas quickly shifts back to his human form as the hapless individual screams in terror. He unsheathes his dagger and quickly grabs the man and pushing the blade against his throat.

"The name... I need the name of the man who hired you to defile my ward like that..."

"Che... Chelonie Amakirr. She hired us. I don't really know more than that!"

"That's too bad..." Jonlas says, dragging the knife across the man's throat.

His work done, Jonlas turns to leave. He stops, noticing the gold that the dead man had dropped. While he did not have a problem with taking money for a job... he wasn't sure it would be right to take the money now.

However, Jonlas takes the pouch of gold and wraps it around his belt. It would only help further his goals. Some measure of vengeance has been taken for Shepherd. But there was still much work to be done.

"I will find you, Chelonie..." He says, walking out again into the night. He yawns though, he needs a safe place to stay.

Jonlas shifts into a different form, and heads for the Taverna.

Draken
2009-04-18, 06:13 PM
Behold, thee. The grand palace in the sky, the dreadful Manaforge, Saturno.

Well, not really dreadful, the architeture is actually quite elegant.

Just bellow the manaforge, over the grass, waits a woman, a human woman at that, while long black hair and dressed in a silvery, fluid... Dress.

Dressed in a dress, that sounds almost as stupid as it does in portuguese.

Draken decided there is no need to make a thread for Saturno.

Reinholdt
2009-04-18, 06:26 PM
Reinholdt approaches this woman.
Annnnnnnd.... waits for her to do something. My he's not very talkative lately.
Oh. Well, he can show her the letter I guess. Though I'm pretty sure she already knows why he's here.

happyturtle
2009-04-18, 06:28 PM
Vasilisa isn't very talkative either. She stays with Reinholdt.

Draken
2009-04-18, 06:37 PM
My... Do you look pathetic kitty. They told me you would probably not be looking well but you sure are a wreck.

Tone down. Lady Maexxna. - Where did this voice come from? Go figure.

Bah. Let's move then. The faster this goes the faster I can go back home.

A shaft of light descends from the underside of Saturno, covering a wide area around the three.

And soon, Rein and Vasilisa will (maybe) find themselves in the main hall of Saturno, eight archways leading to staircases, surrounding a vast dome-like main room.

Well, would you prefer a tour or would you rather go see the Harbinger already? - Maexxna smiles, a very, very forced smile.

Reinholdt
2009-04-18, 06:48 PM
"Reinholdt will take the tour first." Yeah, there's a reason.

I'm not sure just how much actual attention he'll pay to the tour though.

happyturtle
2009-04-18, 06:54 PM
Vasilisa curtseys, "The tour, please, my Lady."

Draken
2009-04-18, 07:04 PM
Vasilisa is not adressed, and is not required to use lady in the future, Maexxna is not a lady. Adjectives for her vary quite a bit from that word in the polite spectrum.

Third person speech? Seriously? Well, you might just be worse than you look. Which is pretty bad, might I add.

Maexxna!

Ow! No need to sting! Fine. Where to first, oh, I know just the place to make you more talkative.

The floor starts to move towards the southern northwestern staircase, which leads them to the second floor.

It is all automatized. Nifty like that.

The place they arrive at is pretty much a zoo, or maybe a jail, both indeed. Large alcoves line the walls, locked shut by glass walls. And invisible force wals from the inner side.

Well. This, you weakl-

Just shut it please. I will handle the speech, you just look pretty there.

This is the Relicary of Life, Harbinger Epoch is a colector, and in here, he keeps numberless species, from infinite worlds, from miriad of times and endless probabilities. Somewhere, there might be one of you in this very room, from another possibility. But there might be not. Who knows.

Would you like to see something specific? Our menagerie is quite vast.

This room is too large to be inside the building that was seen outside, obviously. Isn't space funny like that.

Reinholdt
2009-04-18, 07:13 PM
"I thought you didn't like life outside your own?"

He shakes his head slowly. "Reinholdt can think of nothing specific Reinholdt would like to see."

happyturtle
2009-04-18, 07:25 PM
Vasilisa's curiosity overcomes her reticence. "Do you have the tree on which the golden apple grows?"

Draken
2009-04-18, 07:30 PM
Sorry? You who?

I am guessing he refers to the Kyorl'Zuraj. So I will correct you now, and inform that Maexxna is mainly human, and I am a construction.

And while most kyorl'zuraj are - at least - bitter towards the younger races, and many of the older ones as well, I assure you that they are largely not interested in senseless genocide.

Mainly because as carnivores they need cattle, and as the bastards they are, they find sentient beings to be tastier than nonsentient ones.

Hmm... I recall no such thing.

The halls, on the other hand, move with the grinding sound of slow gears, shifting the various cages around, until a large, sunlit room appears somehwere near.

Saturno believes this is what you asked, or as close to it as we have. Says it was defended by female human warriors when it was found.

Reinholdt
2009-04-18, 07:45 PM
Hmmm... Senseless genocide. Senselessly ocide. genoseless nocisen. Sensing genos. Gencises lecid.

And that seems to be a part of Reinholdt's thought process as he internally rearranges Senseless genocide over and over. Cause that phrase means quite a bit to him actually.

That and he's waiting to move on. Vasilisa will follow no doubt.

Draken
2009-04-18, 07:54 PM
Vasilisa can answer when Happy returns.

The floor shifts again, to the next room.

This place is a vast dome, its walls are numberless mirrors, and at it's very center floats a vast orb of spiralling blueish darkness.

The Relicary of the Damned, you now face the great Orb of Necrocarnum, which holds the spirits of a million lost souls, beings too weak to raise themselves as the undead, but too troubled to go to their final destinies. From all times, from all places. Those who suffer, those who hate, those who are enemies of the kyorl'zuraj!

And those who somehow find a way to get into that thing without the Harbinger's interference. This thing is the main source of intelligent undead in their service, like Nemo. This is where stupids who sell themselves to the kyorl'zuraj ultimately end.

Reinholdt
2009-04-18, 08:01 PM
Got permission to god-mode Vasilisa staring in wonder at the golden light room, then saying "Thank you." Possibly with a "My Lady" at the end. She'll follow.

Reinholdts bites one corner of his lips. He doesn't much like this place at all. "Does it only hold a million, or is that a figure of speech?"

He takes a brief glimpse at Maexxna. "Did you sell yourself to them?"

Draken
2009-04-18, 08:05 PM
Did you just call me stupid?

Caham. Yes. It is a figure of speech. These spirits are countless. And no, Maexxna is not among the fools and the cultists, she is a lycanthropic giant black widow. And the kyorl'zuraj value all insectile beings.

Yes, she is a werespider. She is not the neighbourhood's friend, however.

Reinholdt
2009-04-18, 08:09 PM
"I see." He doesn't reply to angry werespider lady though. And is rather eager to move on from this place due to his high likelihood of ending up here one day somehow.

Although there's a good chance his final destiny just ends up being unending torture as decreed by whoever's the god of torture at the time.

Either way, it's not making him comfortable.

Draken
2009-04-18, 08:15 PM
No one without pure, undiluted hatred for all sentient things should be confortable in that room.

The room is far more welcoming, it is a library.

On the other hand, there are numerous kyorl'zuraj schoolars wandering the halls, so the place might not look welcoming in the end.

This is linked to the facilities of the grand citadel of Rebena Te Ra. The Relicary of Knowledge holds scrolls and tomes from infinite places and infinite times. The Harbinger values history greatly.

Plus paper is easier to store than living creatures or souls.

Reinholdt
2009-04-18, 08:18 PM
"So did Calublufiok." Mostly talking to himself. The lich always tried to plunder as much as he could in terms of knowledge, wealth, and artifacts before blowing the place up.

"Reinholdt presumes it has utility purposes as well? Studying tactics and the like?" Unique tactics for unique species and all that jazz.

Draken
2009-04-18, 08:40 PM
Kyorl'Zuraj enjoy simple tactics. Send in four to six manaforges, fully stacked with soldiers and drones.

If this initial attack proves useless. Unleash an Old God.

Sometimes, the tactics change, but most often, that is what they do.

Caham. Let's move, I think that guy there is eyeing your friend with a bit to much hunger.

Move, move, move. To the next room, a great museum, with different objects in exposition.

This is the Relicary of Artifacts. It is mostly an exposition of weapons, fossils, ruins, many interesting things to see here. Harbinger Epoch wanted to add a new piece form this very place... But it was... Foiled.

Turtle served Shepherd's body to zombies.

Such spite.

Reinholdt
2009-04-18, 08:54 PM
"Arti...facts..." Oh, that brings back memories. And he has quite a few stashed away too. Though he doesn't have access to the whole collection.

"Reinholdt supposes that should've been expected."

Draken
2009-04-18, 09:02 PM
I use artifact in a very loose way. Most of these are mere heirlooms and trinkets, with a few things of interest, both magical and technological.

Like tanks.

Tanks are always interesting.

Harbinger Epoch is finishing a few preparatives, feel free to look the contents of this room.

Not far from them, is an empty exposition glass sized for a human creature, with the following inscription in the plaque.

"Shephard, Son of Rabbit Vasque and Reinholdt <surname!>.
Source of Apocalyptic events in <kyorl'zuraj designation for Acronymia>, at the date of <kyorl'zuraj dating system>."

I repeat, it is empty. It was most likely meant for a taxidermized body, or something of the like.

Reinholdt
2009-04-18, 09:10 PM
Reinholdt takes a look around, mostly just to do it rather than out of interest. At least until he gets to the glass case. Where he stops. And stares at the plaque. Oh my. You're losing him! You'd better do something before...

Yep. Too late. You lost him. Staring at the plaque and not moving is now what Reinholdt does for the next several hours. Maybe even a day or longer even if no one actually interferes.

Draken
2009-04-18, 09:21 PM
Well, there might be just the thing to get Reinholdt out of his stupor.

The psychological, pressure, Epoch imposes with his presence. Like the feeling of ages being lost to oneself, just by being close to it.

A true shame that I did not get the chance to acquire this one for my exposition. But someone else got there first.

Epoch does not sound angry. More than usual anyway.

Reinholdt
2009-04-18, 09:25 PM
Reinholdt says nothing, but stares for an hour or two more before turning to exit whereever, following Mrs. Were-spider or Epoch if he has to. An hour or two, I'm sure Epoch could care less about being a time being and all that.

Draken
2009-04-18, 09:34 PM
Oh yea, he's got all the time in the world.
Awful pun forces you to save against death.
Epoch leads Reinholdt and Vasilisa down the staircase, now exiting on the northeastern staircase.

And Epoch leads then to the norhern stairs.

Whico go up.

And up.

And up.

And turn 90 degrees.

And up.

And up.

And up.

Until there are no more walls, just a vast, empty void full of stars, with a great white nebula hovering lazily above a plataform covered in mist.

But that is still a couple of yards up the staircase.

Up a bit more.

There! Finally! Woo, was that the longest staircase ever. If Saturno weren't timeless someone might have died of old age on the way up.

Epoch turns back, to face Reinholdt, or Reinholdt's scalp, I guess.

Any idea why you are here Cat?

Epoch is pretty sur ehe knows why Vasilisa is there.

Reinholdt
2009-04-18, 09:40 PM
Reinholdt dies of old age. Who knew?

"No, Reinholdt does not know." But he has more than one guess. Which are just that. Guesses. Which means not knowing. Oh well.

Draken
2009-04-18, 09:51 PM
Epoch lashes against Reinholdt with a whip of cosmic energy force.

First things first. This third person speech does not amuse me.

That's the way Draken's most vicious and malevolent characters say "It is annoying".

Reinholdt
2009-04-18, 09:53 PM
Not even a yelp, though it's clear he felt it from the way he winced and pulled back and was knocked away a bit.

"Third person speech...?" He looks confused. He slowly stands back up. Good thing he's fairly used to physical abuse.

Draken
2009-04-18, 10:07 PM
Reinholdt this, Reinholdt that. Grow a spine and do not refer to yourself like you are talking of someone else. Why does this happen whenever you take a bit to much punishment?

Epoch attempts to life Reinholdt by the skin collar with telekinesis and bring him to face level.

Had the balls to screw with that idiotic girl but doesn't have then to face your issues?

Epoch's voice booms in the starry infinity.

Reinholdt
2009-04-18, 10:13 PM
Reinholdt is lifted up. Relatively easily, but not as easily as it was when he first started out here. Huh. Odd.

Not that it makes it difficult for Epoch or anything.

Reinholdt gives about the answer one might expect from a cat who has never faced his own issues properly and is now mostly broken. Via a blank stare.

Draken
2009-04-18, 10:17 PM
Epoch glares Reinholdt straight in the eyes.

Snap. Out. You. Pathetic. Mammalian.

Can't really proceed until Reinholdt starts to fight back. Broken as is, moving on is pretty pointless.

Reinholdt
2009-04-18, 10:22 PM
I see. But can only give so much. It hasn't even been a week.

"What do you want from a cat? What possible benefit could you garner from a pathetic mammalian?"

Draken
2009-04-18, 10:33 PM
Doesn't have to fix all of his problems, just have him muster enough anger to face Epoch.

I need to make sure this will neve happen again.

Normally I would do so by just killing you. But that has proved very efficient in the past didn't it?

Oh yes, it was very efficient, twice, in fact.

Or I could go for the interesting option, which would ultimately be a form of amusement, and not an actual solution, neutering you. No more doom children. Maybe I could even send you to a nice family in some magicless world.

Epoch releases him, it's a short fall from the heigh of his face, but cats always land on their feet right?

Woe am I, forced to oversee this sector. I doubt Maxinus is forced to deal with this kind of crap.

Over his sector, Maxinus is still rebuilding all the stuff that was destroyed by the local heroes.

Reinholdt
2009-04-18, 10:38 PM
Three times actually. Though I'm not sure if suicide counts as killed. But it should.

Reinholdt lands on his feet. "That's it? You want to make sure Reinholdt doesn't try to destroy the world again?"

"Reinholdt doesn't want to. Doesn't want to cause any more pain. Why do you think Reinholdt killed... killed..." You're losing him again. Quick! Distract him!

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-18, 10:49 PM
>.>
<.<
Look at the silly monkey!

Draken
2009-04-18, 10:57 PM
Epoch lashes out with the whip again.

That is hardly something I can back onto. As long as you are... Miserable like this, I cannot truly trust you not to try such fooly again.

A number of screens appear around the platform, Magtok delivering his speech, the two drivers throwing Shephard's body in the swamp, the two drivers being interrogated by Jonlas. Another timelord, damn timelords, think they own the timeline, damn all of them to hell.

But this is not going anywhere right now. Perhaps it is just too soon, I can't hope but forget how much you mammals are touchy about the loss of your kin.

Epoch turns around, staring intently at Magtok's screen.

You are welcome to return, should you like to grow back the spine they ripped from your back.

Metaphorically speaking, of course.

A door opens to the side of the room, crossing it leads to a black hole Outside, bellow Saturno, next to the shaft of light.

Yes. Epoch is cocky enough to leave the door open and unguarded.

Also. Saturno shoots the silly monkey with a high power Worldbreaker cannon.

Which is not actually meant to break a world. It is just a really, really big energy stream.

Reinholdt
2009-04-18, 11:21 PM
Another day, another welt. Well, this one only took a minute or two, but you get the drift. Vasilisa is probably going to have a word or two to say about this.

He winces and draws back again. He may be used to it, but it still hurts.

"You don't seem to understand very well, do you? If Reinholdt destroys the world now, then killing Sh-sh-shep-ph- his son meant nothing. Was unnecessary. This... this... cannot be." He couldn't handle it if he killed his own son AND it meant nothing. He's barely handling the first part.

Reinholdt gets a glimpse at Magtok's speech. Hmmm...

He also wonders why they would ever want him back.

But turns and heads for the exit instead.

Draken
2009-04-18, 11:25 PM
Why isn't it obvious.

Epoch is just plain mean. He wants to rub all of Reinholdt's past mistakes in his face, and record it all for posterity.

Reinholdt
2009-04-18, 11:28 PM
Oh. If you wanted to do that, just make him watch a video of his life. Very few things in it aren't part of his past mistakes.

When Vasilisa finishes responding to the stuff here, she can follow Reinholdt wherever he's going. Which happens to be the Glass Citadel.

At least one good thing came from Epoch and Vasilisa's interference. Without either of them, he would've probably just lied there and starved himself to death.

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-18, 11:31 PM
And that's a good thing?
>.>
<.<
I kid. I kid.

happyturtle
2009-04-19, 06:52 AM
Vasilisa finds the tour, after the beautiful golden room, to be utterly terrifying.

When Reinholdt reaches the empty Shepherd display (zombie chow ftw!), Vasilisa sits with him for the hours that he takes there.

It isn't until the very end, that she finally breaks her silence again, yelling at Epoch. "Stop it! Stop it! Can't you see he's suffering enough?"

Yeah, she doesn't really get the whole concept of evil beings enjoying watching others suffer. >.>

Reinholdt
2009-04-21, 03:33 AM
And that's a good thing?
>.>
<.<
I kid. I kid.
I'm watching you...

"I'll have to come back with the proper tools..." The man kicks the glass one last time before making himself scarce.

Funny thought: This man could very well operate on Reinholdt and turn him into most anything he desires. Maybe not a Dragon, but rebuilding him as a human isn't a problem. Seeing as how they're on their way somewhere, it's possible to run into each other outside. Unless they're already gone.
The Cliffs
Right then. Well if this man is still around, there's a decent chance Reinholdt will run into him. Either way, Reinholdt is making his way to the cliffs. Not the one with that old god corpse, but just some cliffs. With a large drop. And very jagged rocks at the bottom. In other words a cliff with a fall that's pretty much guaranteed to kill anyone who went over the edge.

And it's over this edge and at the bottom that Reinholdt stares. My he's awfully close. But I suppose you'd have to be to peer over the edge.

dagaarn
2009-04-21, 03:36 AM
Reinholdt can see stains from where he directed Karl to use the cliff as a lavatory. ((Sorry, did i spoil the moment?))

Reinholdt
2009-04-21, 03:39 AM
Probably. Reinholdt is more concerned about how he got all the way to the cliffs by Rabbit's place. He specifically moved to other cliffs so he wouldn't be near the Citadel at the time.

Fortunately he's in no shape to truly consider such paradoxes, so ignores it and continues to stare at the ocean crashing against the very sharp rocks at the bottom.

dagaarn
2009-04-21, 03:46 AM
Some parky foresty area, who knows

Toblakai sighs and sits down. He misses his tribe, wiped out by the "children". He misses real fights, real adventure. This is just a half-life among these people, sitting in an inn, chucking out people who make too much noise or create havoc. Drinking his life away, one ale at a time. He needs -something- worthwhile to do. He gets up and thuds off.

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-21, 07:00 AM
And that's when Kris, Costumed God of Mischief, also known as Kris-the-Player to some, materializes behind Reinholdt and kicks him over the edge. Because he can. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Okay, that act of blatant god-modding (heh heh, 'god'modding) doesn't happen.

But it would be awesome if it did. Yay anti-climaxes!

Morty
2009-04-21, 09:36 AM
Wenomir is running around madly, looking for armed mobs attacked by fiery women.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-21, 09:42 AM
Some way away from GLoG
There's a river, flowing. I think people have mentioned it before, perhaps not, though. Wenomir, on one side, should probably see a faint plume of smoke trailing up out of the woods on the other side of the river, along a little wooden bridge. If he's really observant, he'll notice something else. But maybe not.

Morty
2009-04-21, 09:45 AM
Wenomir's first thought is to make a mad dash across the bridge, but he takes a quick look at it first.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-21, 09:53 AM
He may notice the lack of foundations of the bridge. Or perhaps the hole that Czernov fell through. Or the burnt body that's floating down the river.

dagaarn
2009-04-21, 09:54 AM
Toblakai sees a tall man with red eyes dash past him. Curious, he follows him out towards a river with a little wooden bridge crossing it.

Morty
2009-04-21, 09:56 AM
&*%$^!!!!
Wenomir tries to cross the bridge in two leaps, hoping that it won't crumble.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-21, 10:03 AM
Well, one person's already fallen through, if not more. I doubt that he'll do too well, frankly. Say goodbye to the bridge, and, unless Wenomir has some kind of flying/anti-water power, he may as well say hi to the fast-flowing river!

dagaarn
2009-04-21, 10:04 AM
Toblakai wades/swims the river...wondering where this man is going.
If Wenomir looks at him, he waves cheerily.

((2.5metres tall + huge strength + 4 lungs = excellent swimmer))

((in reply to Kael who posted at the same time as me, maybe Wenomir's a hydrophode))

Morty
2009-04-21, 10:12 AM
Wenomir drops like a rock into the river and tries to swim to she shore. Despide the current and his armor slowing him down, he's a good swimmer.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-21, 10:19 AM
Then I'd imagine he'd get to the bank. Possibly stepping on a number of icky burnt bodies as he goes. Yaay!

dagaarn
2009-04-21, 10:20 AM
Toblakai sighs and wades over to Wenomir, propelling him to the shore. ((unless he reaches the shore before Toby gets there))

Morty
2009-04-21, 10:21 AM
Wenomir is propelled. Thanks! he shouts, not turning back to see who helped him as he runs towards the smoke.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-21, 10:23 AM
The smoke? It's coming from a large pyre, of sorts. At least thirty peasants, serfs, and common-workers have been tied together, and set alight. That must've been yesterday, perhaps. The fire's mostly died. And the bodies are crispy.

dagaarn
2009-04-21, 10:25 AM
Toblakai ignores his growling stomach and waits to see what this strange man is doing...

Morty
2009-04-21, 10:26 AM
Holy s**t. That's all Wenomir's got to say, really. He half-heartedly searches the site. My, the commoners in Acronymia do get a lot of crap piled up upon them.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-21, 10:28 AM
Bodies, clothes, pitchforks, hoes, seeds, leaflets about how GLoG tried to end the world and only Thadeus, prophet of the Golden One, saved it, dead kittens.. Those are things Wenomir may find. Little else.

Morty
2009-04-21, 10:33 AM
F**K!!!! F**K!!! Seriously, how many more bloody morons will blame everything bad that happens anywhere on us?!! Are there not enough villains?!!! F***********K!!!! Wenomir screams at noone in particular, but manages to keep clear enough head to take one leaflet with him.

dagaarn
2009-04-21, 10:51 AM
Toblakai approaches cautiously, this guy seems pretty aggro.
Umm...who is us? he rumbles

Morty
2009-04-21, 10:56 AM
Who did you think? Good League of Goddamn Good! Who else is being blamed for all bad stuff that happens?! Still enraged, Wenomir turns to see who is he talking to.

dagaarn
2009-04-21, 11:11 AM
Wenomir will see a very tall, very confused, man in front of him.
Wearing a fur cloak, and a huge sword on his back.
Umm...if you're from the league of *good*...why are people blaming you for *bad* things happening?

Morty
2009-04-21, 11:16 AM
How in the blazes am I supposed to know? Having seemingly calmed down, Wenomir sighs.

dagaarn
2009-04-21, 11:24 AM
Toblakai shrugs. So, what are you doing out here in the middle of nowhere anyway?

Morty
2009-04-21, 11:26 AM
I saw a pillar of smoke, so I ran here to see what's going on.

dagaarn
2009-04-21, 11:37 AM
Hmm, fair enough, and now?

Morty
2009-04-21, 11:41 AM
Now I'll go back home and show someone one of those stupid pamphlets. Normally, I'd go look for any tracks, but I'm compelled to go back to GLoG somehow.
((Deadtime.))

Reinholdt
2009-04-21, 11:44 AM
The Cliffs
Reinholdt unstraps his sniper rifle and gives it one last look over. All the pieces were in proper place of course. Each part working as it should. He always made sure to keep good care of it.

"Reinholdt is tired. Goodbye." He looks over the edge of the cliffs again.

dagaarn
2009-04-21, 11:47 AM
((NO REIN!))

Toblakai grunts at this. He may as well go back with this man, nothing better to do...
((deadtimes with M0rt, if i'm not back by the time you are then presume I just follow you [unless you don't want me to]))

Reinholdt
2009-04-21, 12:24 PM
The Cliffs
And that was that.

He went flying over the edge of the cliffs, down, down, down... towards the rocks below, a guaranteed death.

Anti-climatic ending? Perhaps.

Tragic enough, certainly.

Fairly simple anyways.

They say your life flashes before your eyes before your death. If so, it was a fairly desperate life. One filled with running and death. He's seen things no person was meant to see and things no person would ever see again.

Perhaps it was justice. Perhaps not. Perhaps it was simply more running.

Either way, the sharp force as body met boulder made sure he could cause no more suffering.

Could kill no more.

Reinholdt had ended it once and for all.

He turned and walked away from the cliff, notably missing his sniper rifle.

TwoBitWriter
2009-04-21, 12:44 PM
Jonlas, in a rush to leave the Taverna, quickly shifts back into his new "Man" form.

He is hurrying toward GLoG, intent on finding his new mark, when he notices something in the distance.

"Reinholdt..." he says to himself. His old friend, one of his only friends. He hadn't seen him in ages.

He pauses, unsure of how he should act... Instead, he stands and stares at the kitty, both desperate for him to be recognized, but fearful.

Reinholdt will see a strange, but oddly familiar man staring at him.

Reinholdt
2009-04-21, 12:50 PM
Had Reinholdt been his usual self, he probably would stop and introduce himself with a bit of mirth and a flourish. Not that his usual self was better. It did try to destroy the world after all.

Nope. This Reinholdt just walks towards slowly and will probably walk right on by without saying a word if the man does nothing.

TwoBitWriter
2009-04-21, 12:56 PM
Jonlas almost doesn't say anything, until the cat passes right by him.

"Hello, Reinholt," is all he can say. His voice starts creaking and the semblance of a tear forms in his eye.

happyturtle
2009-04-21, 12:59 PM
Must not interfere.

Vasilisa watched him at the cliffside. If he chooses to die, it is my job to help him.

She didn't want to help him die. And she didn't think he would need her help. She thought he was brave enough to face the empty air. She didn't think she was brave enough to help him face it.

But then he made a different choice, and turned away. She found herself breathing once again, and followed him as he left the cliffs.

Reinholdt
2009-04-21, 01:03 PM
Reinholdt takes note Vasilisa looks a little pale. "Are you ok?"

And this guy seems to know him. He turns to face him. "Ummm... hello. You know Reinholdt?" He starts looking to see if he recognizes the man. Might do better if he catches the dagger symbol.

TwoBitWriter
2009-04-21, 01:09 PM
Jonlas' dagger pattern is not present when he is in humanoid form.

"It's me... Jonlas..." he says.

He looks like he wants to say more, to let spill everything he was thinking. That he was sorry that he failed Reinholdt, that he failed Rabbit. That he had not been there when Reinholdt needed him.

Reinholdt
2009-04-21, 01:18 PM
It should be noted that though Reinholdt is facing Jonlas and looking him over, he's avoiding looking at his eyes. It probably should also be noted, Reinholdt still has that limp Magtok gave him, I just keep forgetting to mention it. The cat looks different without his rifle and constantly fiddling with the straps and stuff.

"Oh. Sorry Jon. Reinholdt didn't recognize you. Probably comes with being a shapeshifter, huh? Must be nice to have whatever form you want..." He's a little jealous of that. Now. Didn't used to be.

TwoBitWriter
2009-04-21, 01:21 PM
Jonlas is also having trouble making eye contact, which should make for an interesting conversation with the two of them not looking at each other.

"It's Jonlas now... I can't be Jon anymore."

A brief pause.

"I failed you, Reinholdt. You were one of my only friends, and I failed you."

Reinholdt
2009-04-21, 01:26 PM
The cat shakes his head. "Reinholdt warned you about friends. Being friends with Reinholdt only brings terrible things. It's a curse to be friends with Reinholdt."

"But Reinholdt does not understand. You didn't fail that Reinholdt knows of."

TwoBitWriter
2009-04-21, 01:30 PM
Jonlas actually nods in agreement.

"I don't intend on making anymore friends... but... I just want you to know I'm still working for your benefit. You and Rabbit's. I will bring swift justice to all your enemies."

Jonlas starts to walk away, slowly. He turns for a moment. "If you see Rabbit again, tell her what I told you... and that I'm sorry."

Reinholdt
2009-04-21, 01:36 PM
"But... Reinholdt is the only enemy of Reinholdt that requires justice..."

He won't stop Jonlas if he goes off, though he will be very confused, even though he will do as Jonlas requests.

TwoBitWriter
2009-04-21, 01:40 PM
Jonlas stops for a moment. "Everybody is your enemy, Reinholdt. And I will bring retribution to them all.."

Then he leaves, headed for GLoG.

Reinholdt
2009-04-21, 01:49 PM
"Everyone is... Reinholdt's enemy?" He knew he didn't really have friends. He couldn't. Friends were the enemy. Usually. But what if everyone else was the enemy too? No that didn't make any sense. None of this made any sense. He may have guessed happiness might have been real, but friends and enemies and love still made no sense at all. Well a little sense? Maybe? Gah, this was confusing. What on earth was Jonlas talking about?

Reinholdt continues heading towards the tavern, but deadtimes before reaching it.

Morty
2009-04-22, 01:23 PM
Wenomir is wandering about, looking for angry mobs.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-22, 02:26 PM
It's almost as if someone noted the fact that there's a scary-ass super-villainess with a penchant for burning the crud out of serfs out there, and told all the serfs to stop going out in big groups.
Even as that is, there're no serfs played by me currently outside. Whee!

Morty
2009-04-22, 02:40 PM
Well, blast. Wenomir sits down on a rock heavily.

VampireRot
2009-04-24, 08:40 PM
Random place of choice

Vampire Rot wanders around aimlessly. The vampire is full of blood (one unfortunate NPC family) and feeling a little of his former self, the human ranger he was before he became an undead. His connection with nature is rekindled, but only a bit. He touches each tree he passes by, but does not feel its feelings as he used to. This frustrates Rot, and it is only the current satation of his bloodlust that allows him not to start stabing the plants.

Tonk is also wandering around aimlessly. He passes by the lethargic vampire once, but does not think much of it so he continues on his randomly chosen road.

dagaarn
2009-04-24, 08:51 PM
Undestroyed NPC village
Toblakai rushes in, souls howling behind him.
His skin is tinged red, his eyes are bright and bloodshot, also appearing to be red. The ethereal chains behind Toblakai are drawn tight, one soul attached to the end of each one. His stone sword in one hand calls for blood.

Ten minutes later
Toblakai emerges from a destroyed house and collapses. What he has done is best left unsaid, but many of the buildings in the village are now ruins. They will need a new name for the vestal virgins in the church...((I made a funny))
As the affect of the bloodoil leaves him, he is drained and disorientated. Lying on the ground, Toblakai realises the world looks very strange sideways...then his eyes close.

VampireRot
2009-04-24, 09:24 PM
Destroyed NPC village

Rot is drawn to the destruction of the village. He doesn't participate, just watches. As Toblakai appears from the house, the vampire is waiting. After the mage-slayer collapses on the ground, Rot walks up to him. With a curious expression, he bends down and attempts to poke Toblakai hard on the forehead. Rot's other hand rests to one of his swords, but he doesn't draw it yet.

15 minutes away

Tonk looks over his shoulder and is startled by the amount of smoke in the sky. (You can't destroy a village without starting a fire! :smalltongue:) The conjurer starts running toward the village.

dagaarn
2009-04-25, 06:15 AM
Destroyed NPC Village
...Toblakai is poked in the forehead.

Darkcomet
2009-04-25, 10:18 AM
The Lonely Mountain, or so DC the player assumes.

DC is being a cheating bastard and is floating up the mountain.

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-25, 10:23 AM
And he reaches the top of the mountain without incident. Yay.

*gotta deadtime soon*

Darkcomet
2009-04-25, 10:24 AM
((Kay. I guess we'll wait till later, then.))

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-25, 10:27 AM
At any rate, once DC reaches the top of the mountain and says his name three times backwards, the ground he's floating above will turn out to be a trap-door, built over a natural cave, and DC will fall (float?) into a big squishy pile of deadtime.

dagaarn
2009-04-25, 05:59 PM
That sort-of destroyed village.

Toblakai wakes up because whoever was poking him apparently has better things to do. He looks around, disorientated, then walks off back towards the main Acro area.

Darkcomet
2009-04-25, 06:31 PM
At any rate, once DC reaches the top of the mountain and says his name three times backwards, the ground he's floating above will turn out to be a trap-door, built over a natural cave, and DC will fall (float?) into a big squishy pile of deadtime.

Indeed. Float.

VampireRot
2009-04-25, 06:46 PM
Vampire Rot glares at Toblakai as he walks away. The vampire takes out his hand-crossbow and loads it with a poisoned bolt. Taking careful aim at the back of the Mage-Slayer's neck, he fires.

Tonk reaches the village to see Rot aiming the crossbow at Toblakai. He nervously puts an arrow to the bow he had conjured while running and pulls it back, but doesn't aim it at anyone. He suspects the Mage-Slayer to be guilty of the destruction of the village based on his earlier encounter with him, but there is no hard evidence. He does not note that Rot has already fired the small crossbow.

"Hey! You two! Stop!"

dagaarn
2009-04-25, 06:50 PM
Toblakai hears the man loading something, probably a crossbow, behind him and continues walking. His movements are still a bit sluggish, but his senses are still fine-tuned from the drug. He waits for the pause between loading and aiming and then lets his wobbly legs fail beneath him just before he hears the bolt release. It whizzes over his head, taking a bit of his hair with it.

VampireRot
2009-04-25, 07:02 PM
Tonk sees something go over Toblakai's head as he dodges. The conjurer aims his bow at Rot, who seems much more dangerous than the drugged mage-slayer at the moment.

Rot curses as his bolt misses and fumbles around with another before noticing Tonk. He stops reloading and glares at the tan-skinned man with the bow.

"What do you want?"

"To know what happened here."

The vampire shrugs and gestures with his weapon at Toblakai.

"Ask him. He did it."

Tonk keeps his aim on Rot as he walks over to Toblakai. About 5 feet away he stops and peers at the big man.

"You awake? What happened."

Meanwhile, Rot slowly reloads his crossbow, making almost no sound.

dagaarn
2009-04-25, 07:10 PM
Toblakai sighs. Rising to his feet, he turns to face Vampire Rot I don't time for this, as we speak evil masterminds are plotting to take over the world...not that this is a bad thing, but let's not go into that, I just don't have time for you, he ignores the golden caster. He pulls his giant stone sword from his back, his movements seem to be more swift and fluid now. Vampire Rot can probably hear the souls screaming now, they seem to have gotten a lot louder.

VampireRot
2009-04-25, 07:17 PM
Rot raises an eyebrow and grins.

"Evil masterminds plotting to take over the world? I can't say I especially care. But if you want a fight, I've got one for you."

The vampire raises his loaded hand-crossbow with one hand and draws one of his swords with the other. He ignores the screaming, not caring for the soul's anguish at the moment.

Tonk on the other hand, looks confused.

"A plot to take over the world? When did this happen?"

The conjurer curses his inability to keep up with the current times and lowers his bow, deciding to confront the winner of the fight.

dagaarn
2009-04-25, 07:20 PM
Not one soul. One thousand souls. More or less...
Toblakai grins. I never want a fight, but they seem to want me he mutters as he begins running towards Rot, swinging his sword sideways in a giant two-handed arc.

He then deadtimes cos his player needs to sleep. Hopefully we can continue this fight later Vampire...but if Rot just wants to walk off while Toby is frozen, that's fine.

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-25, 08:04 PM
Indeed. Float.

And DC will find himself in a well-light cavern, surprisingly warm for being on top of a mountain. Don't ask me how the geography of the thing works out. The trapdoor swings back into place over him.

Waiting for him is a tiefling, quite pretty actually, in a pointy, diabolic way, in Generic Monk GarbTM, except backless to allow her wings to poke through.
"Hello."

Darkcomet
2009-04-25, 08:07 PM
DC nods. I take it you already know why I'm here.

He's not much for greetings, as there is no time.

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-25, 08:10 PM
"Sure sure. Just drop your offering into that bowl their and ask your question."

She flits to one end of the room, suddenly appearing on a raised dais. How did she move so fast? Monk.

Darkcomet
2009-04-25, 08:16 PM
DC floats over and puts ten gold coins in it.

I assume that's enough, since you only asked for one before.

Now, unless she objects for some reason, he'll ask his question, which should be obvious. He'll explain the situation with KR quickly, and then ask: How can it be fixed? As the player is too lazy to type it out.

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-25, 08:28 PM
As he asks the question, he may be able to detect another psionic presence in the room. It grows, swells, putrid and malicious. Powerful too, and gaining power, it soon grows, to the point where it easily drowns out all other psionic signals, and carries the sharp whiff of diabolic nastiness. It's an imp. There's an imp sitting on Mira's shoulder, whispering into her ear.

"There is a place in the Ethereal Realms called the Field of the Lost, where the soulless who are strong of mind and will will go when they die. The other half of your daughter might be there. If you can find her, it will be a simple matter for a psionic such as you to bring it back into your daughter's mindscape, provided it is willing to come."

Darkcomet
2009-04-25, 08:35 PM
DC nods slightly. And I assume I have to find a way into said Ethereal Realms myself?

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-25, 08:37 PM
"Well no, you'll probably just get horribly lost. I'd suggest a mage."

Darkcomet
2009-04-25, 08:40 PM
I take it you won't help in that regard. Unless...

DC pulls out a bag and shakes it a little. The sound of coins rattling about inside is rather loud.

...Some extra payment is in order?

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-25, 08:43 PM
"Well, the Ethereal Realms aren't my forte... but if it's for gold..." She nods.

Darkcomet
2009-04-25, 08:50 PM
I thought you'd see it my way.

And then he hands her the whole bag of 490 gold coins.

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-25, 08:56 PM
She takes the gold and puts it in the offering bowl, after which she mutters a quick charm, and DC should find himself being torn into trillions of tiny pieces. Wheee!

Darkcomet
2009-04-25, 09:00 PM

Oh dear. DC gets torn to pieces.

...Hopefully this is one of those things where it's actually something of a teleporty thingy.

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-25, 09:06 PM
It is. And it only happened to his soul. Meaning there are now two bodies lying in the cavern without souls. Oh dear.

Time to make the thread!

VampireRot
2009-04-26, 09:46 AM
Rot prepares to fire on Toblakai, but stops when the Mage-Slayer deadtimes. The vampire lowers his crossbow and grins wickedly, drawing his sword. He walks over to the frozen man, ducking under his motionless sword. He positions himself in front of the deadtimed-Toblakai with his sword out in front of him. When he undeadtimes, Toblakai should run right onto the sword and skewer himself. Rot is patient enough to wait for 3 days, but the vampire can actually only wait until the sun rises before retreating back to a dark place where the sun's burning rays won't reach him.

((Rot is a cheater. :smallbiggrin:))

Tonk sighs as Toblakai deadtimes and then Rot apparently stops moving to wait for the man.

"Replacement, book,"

he mutters. A large leather-bound book replaces the bow in his hands. The conjurer then sits down and leans against the trunk of a tree as he reads.

dagaarn
2009-04-26, 03:41 PM
((...sigh Rot))

Toblakai undeadtimes, still running forwards and swinging his sword.
He feels something enter his chest and glancing down sees V-Rot's sword protruding. However he has still swung, and Rot probably can't dodge the devastating blow Toby has just unleashed, seeing as he is holding the sword in Toby's chest and all...

Draken
2009-04-26, 04:33 PM
Manaforge Saturno starts slowly hovering towards...

The corpse of the Old God.

This cannot be good, can it?

VampireRot
2009-04-27, 04:43 PM
Rot is sent flying from the big man's swing. His bandolier falls apart, cut in half by the stone sword, and Rot's other blade falls to the ground as well as his crossbow bolts. The vampire hits the ground hard and groans. Blood starts to pool from his body.

"I should of thought that through..."

His hands and feet shaking, Rot gets on his feet. He is surprised by the giant gash across his chest, from hip to shoulder. But surprise is all he feels. If he had been mortal, the vampire would be dead, but in his undead state it would take a strong enchantment to make a weapon hurt him. Rot gives Toblakai a bloody smile.

"You better hope that blade is enchanted, or else nothing you can do will hurt me,"

Rot lies smoothly.

Tonk looks up from his book and frowns. Were they still fighting? He wanted to ask the giant man some questions about the Evil Masterminds he had mentioned.

dagaarn
2009-04-28, 02:16 AM
Oh, I wouldn't call it enchanted, but it does seem to have some special properties. Toblakai says with a grin, then spits out the blood beginning to pool in his mouth. With a grunt, he pulls the sword out of his chest where it had entered directly next to his heart. ((Teblor's hearts are more on the right than the left, read the series :smalltongue:))

He lets the sword fall to the ground before once again raising his own.
Foul wind howls about him, and the spirits screaming raises to a higher pitch until that is all anyone in the area would be able to hear. Taking his sword in a one handed grip, Toblakai reaches behind him and drags out a chain from his back. Though usually ethereal, this chain seems a bit more solid, and doesn't have a soul attached to the end of it.

Reinholdt
2009-04-28, 06:23 PM
A Forest Grove

Irene heads Outside from the tavern. After a decent length walk into the forest, she comes across a small clearing, beautiful in its way. She takes a look around before going to sit down, back to a tree, closing her eyes. As good a place as any to take a nap, right?

AmberVael
2009-04-28, 06:36 PM
Ah... quiet. Lovely quiet. But you know, it's always when things get quiet and peaceful that the little noises begin to stand out.
And so, while Irene begins to close her eyes and rest, she might hear the soft sniffling and crying of someone relatively nearby. Possibly off to her right a ways...

Reinholdt
2009-04-28, 06:40 PM
Awww... but nap...
Dang it. Too late. Curiosity has gotten a hold of her. Pity comes later.

Irene rouses herself and looks around, before standing and creeping quietly towards the source off the sound, hoping her mirrored glasses won't scare whoever off, as they may be unsettling in such a setting.

AmberVael
2009-04-28, 06:51 PM
Irene will eventually come across a young girl (her age is uncertain, but she's definitely not out of her teens yet) dressed in a tattered, single piece black garment that mostly covers her. It might have been a decent dress at some point, but now it most certainly isn't.

The girl's hair is dirty and tangled about her face- it might be some color other than brown, but the dirt in it has colored it beyond recognition. It is difficult to tell more about her, since she's curled up at the base of two trees, crying quietly and clutching something in her hands.

Reinholdt
2009-04-28, 06:57 PM
Irene frowns. Seems somebody was having an awful day. Poor girl. Irene secretly hopes the girl wouldn't become a drooling, fawning mess like the rest did when they spotted her. Otherwise this would just become awkward very quickly.

The nymph steps forward towards where the young girl is and kneels down nearby. "Hey. You ok?"

AmberVael
2009-04-28, 06:59 PM
The girl starts, still crying as she leans to one side, instantly turning herself in Irene's direction. One of her hands lands on a rather dangerous looking knife by her side that is long enough to be a short sword.
"W-who are you? Y-you're not from m-my mother..."

Reinholdt
2009-04-28, 07:03 PM
"Whoa there." Irene holds out her hands to show she means no harm. "I'm Irene. I live over at the Good League of Good. I'm afraid I don't know your mother." She shakes her head.

"Who are you?"

VampireRot
2009-04-28, 07:06 PM
Rot grins evilly. The wound on his chest seems to be getting smaller, his vampiric regeneration is kicking in. Slowly but surely the gash disappears, leaving no scar on the vampire's skin but a cut in his chestplate. He looks at his ruined armor and curses.

"Gah! It'll take forever to fix that!"

Rot glares at Toblakai and notices his new weapon. Swearing again, he dives into a roll and tries to grab one or both of his swords.

AmberVael
2009-04-28, 07:10 PM
"Crimson Blossom of the Fen."
Says the girl, her voice still shaking even as she tries to master it. Her lip is quivering as her hand slowly drops away from the knife, wrapping around herself again.
"My mom is gone... and- and she took my dad away."

Reinholdt
2009-04-28, 07:14 PM
What an odd name.
But... aww... geez. That's horrible. :smallfrown: Related to the recent apocalypse perhaps? Perhaps not, but still... :smallfrown:

Irene slowly scoots over to sit next to her. "I'm sorry."

AmberVael
2009-04-28, 07:24 PM
"I-I just want them back..."
Says Crimson, sobbing softly.

Now that Irene is closer, she might notice a small steel band on Crimson's right wrist- like a polished cuff of a manacle, or maybe some strange bracelet.
Hanging from her neck, however, is a golden amulet.

Reinholdt
2009-04-28, 07:29 PM
Hmm... trinkets aren't really her forte, even if they do qualify as beautiful jewelry.

Irene attempts to wrap her arms around Crimson and pull her into something of a comfort hug. She doesn't attempt to shh her anything, just rock her a bit. "I know. I know." :smallfrown:

"Where are you staying? Is someone taking care of you?"

AmberVael
2009-04-28, 07:36 PM
"M-my dad and I were traveling... b-but he isn't here now... I don't have anywhere. I w-want to go home!"
Says Crimson, leaning against Irene and crying.

Reinholdt
2009-04-28, 07:39 PM
"I... alright, alright. I'll do what I can. Where is your home? Maybe I'll be able to take you there and get you home safely, ok?"

AmberVael
2009-04-28, 07:45 PM
"I-I don't know... but..."
Crimson lowers her head, looking down at her lap in confusion.
"Dad told me I shouldn't go back. But I want to."

Reinholdt
2009-04-28, 07:49 PM
Irene frowns and sort of pets Crimson's hair softly. "Dad is a good man, yes? He loves you, right?" Not accusing, just asking for the purposes of reemphasizing.

"Then maybe... even though it hurts, you have to listen to him because he's trying to protect you. If you don't it could hurt worse, ok?" Poor girl.

AmberVael
2009-04-28, 07:51 PM
"B-but mom loves me too... she wants me home."
Says Crimson, looking up at Irene, pain in her eyes.
Her eyes are rather startling- like discs of ivory.

Reinholdt
2009-04-28, 07:59 PM
Crimson may be startled by her own discs of ivory then, what with the mirrored glasses and all. Though Irene is still taken back a little.

Hmm... this was rough. Stupid family squabbles! Don't they know it's the kid that gets hurt in these? "But mom took dad away, yes?" Irene is siding with the dad as of right now, but isn't sure if she should or not cause she doesn't have access to the whole story. Stupid lack of information.

She sighs. "Well tell you what. We'll worry about whether you should go back or not later, ok? You don't know how to get back home do you?" That's the key. If she doesn't then at this moment there's no option anyways.

AmberVael
2009-04-28, 08:02 PM
Crimson shakes her head, leaning into Irene and trying not to cry any more.

Reinholdt
2009-04-28, 08:05 PM
Irene can see that obvious struggle and holds her close. "It's ok to cry if you want Crimson. It's always ok to cry." She'll wait until it looks like Crimson is recovering before she'll talk about getting her a place to stay.

AmberVael
2009-04-28, 08:10 PM
"M-my dad calls me Scarlet."
She didn't know why she said it, but she felt like she should.
Maybe she just wants to avoid the comment about crying.

Reinholdt
2009-04-28, 08:17 PM
"Alright then Scarlet." Irene figured that's what Crimson wanted her to be called.

"There's a place nearby where I live. You can stay there as long as you'd like Scarlet. Is that ok with you?"

AmberVael
2009-04-28, 08:19 PM
Crimson nods to Irene, really having no other option available to her. And she'd kind of been living in the woods for a bit, which wasn't pleasant.

Reinholdt
2009-04-28, 08:21 PM
Depends on how much you like the woods vs. civilization I guess.

"Alright." She starts to stand and help Crimson up, if she'll come, before leading the way to the GLoG (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110243).

AmberVael
2009-04-28, 08:25 PM
Crimson slowly gets to her feet, holding to Irene as she follows her hesitantly.

dagaarn
2009-04-29, 03:49 AM
Rot grins evilly. The wound on his chest seems to be getting smaller, his vampiric regeneration is kicking in. Slowly but surely the gash disappears, leaving no scar on the vampire's skin but a cut in his chestplate. He looks at his ruined armor and curses.

"Gah! It'll take forever to fix that!"

Rot glares at Toblakai and notices his new weapon. Swearing again, he dives into a roll and tries to grab one or both of his swords.

Toblakai watches as Rot's wound closes. Then his eyes widen in surprise as the vampire rolls straight towards him, is this some kind of trap? Only a fool would roll straight towards an enemy. Like come on, if you roll in combat, it is effectively being blind, seeing as your face is in your crotch...and straight towards Toblakai too, instead of getting out of the way...

Toblakai mentally shrugs, not his problem that some people don't know how to fight. He swings downwards at the human undead ball. It would be pretty hard for him to miss.

VampireRot
2009-04-29, 06:49 AM
Rot grabs one of his swords in the roll. Then Toblakai's sword slams into his back. It cuts through his armor like the first swing and sinks into his flesh with such force that is goes through him and out the other side into the ground. Now Rot is laying on his chest on the ground holding one sword with the Teblor's stone greatsword going through his back and out his stomach. The vampire jerks his head up to an unnatural position to look at the Teblor. He then swings his sword with all the momentum he can muster in that position at the hand that Toblakai is holding his sword with.

((It's fun thinking up the unnorthodox ways Rot fights with. :smallbiggrin:))

dagaarn
2009-04-29, 07:04 AM
((:smalleek:))

Toblakai sees the sword swinging back and braces his arm muscles. The blade sinks into his forearm with a sickening noise. Toblakai grunts but still manages to hold onto his sword. With his other hand he flicks the chain forward to get it around Rot's head. Rot will also feel blood beginning to spatter onto his back from the hole in Toblakai's chest and arm, it seems to sting and steam slightly.

Morty
2009-04-29, 10:14 AM
Out in the woods, two men bring another man, unconscious, and lay him down on the forest floor. A young woman someone who might be watching could perhaps identify as Dorotha, says: Keep it sedated. I have some more business to attend to.

VampireRot
2009-04-29, 08:07 PM
Rot's neck is snared by the chain. He doesn't need to breath, but this bothers him still because cutting off his head would truely kill the vampire. Feeling the fight lost if he continued in that position, Rot changes his tactics and turns into an incorpral mist. Unless the chain returns to it's etheral properties fast enough to snare him, the mist floats around and past the solid weapons. It swiftly but silently moves over to Rot's second sword, the one that hadn't seen battle yet. The vampire quickly materializes and grabs his sword. He adopts a fighting stance facing his opponent and lies confidently,

"Face it mortal, you can't beat me! I am an immortal vampire, nothing you can do will beat me!"

As if to prove it, Rot spreads his arms to show that his wounds are both gone, without even a scar there. Of course the change of form did not fix his armor, the chestplate is ripped to shreads and useless.

Draken
2009-04-29, 08:16 PM
Saturno reaches the corpse of the Old God, the thing still reeking as it did the moment it arrived in the planet.

The fortress positions itself above the remains of the creature, and blasts it with a shaft of energy.

Dun, dun, duuuun.

celtois
2009-04-29, 10:32 PM
The wounded Alexis stumbles around outside towards Glog.