PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Rumble: Chaos in Nethack - Round Six

Lamech
2009-03-25, 09:59 PM
http://ardekantur.com/misc/nethack-unicode/img/nethack-unicode-screen-01.png

Not a werewolf game

This is a game about making up heroes/dungeon explores and their magic toys, bidding for them and then trying your hardest to kill each other while exploring a dungeon.
Rumble (http://kevan.org/rumble.cgi?genre=space&mode=rules)
A link to the rules for Superhero Rumble. The rules for Dungeon Rumble are essentially the same (see: Genre Variants).

Here (http://kevan.org/rumble.cgi?genre=dungeon&mode=viewall) are some example Dungeon Rumble items.

Four extra rules:
1. No unfun abilities(anything gamebreaking or overpowered will be vetoed)
2. Please PM actions to me as "Dungeon Rumble - Round X actions"
3. Each round lasts 24-48 hours. The default action if nothing is sent is to spend all energy on defense. You can ask to have a different default in your PMs. I won't end a round in less than 24 hours, and will do my very best to get it done asap after that mark.
4. "From the archive" will be all the items we have in this game + most of the archive.

Roleplaying encouraged!

Once we have enough people(about 7-10), everyone PM me 2 abilities.
I'll put them up, and then PM in bids. Also, please add a description of your explorer and possibly a picture, such as in the first thread here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103633). (An @ symbol works too.:smalltongue: Cookie to anyone who gets the referance.)

Shadowcaller is the defending champion.

Player Stats:
Murska: Precognition (31) Energy 86
Talic: Mirror of opposition (10) Kazoo (10) Dead
Serahc: Ring of procrastination (10) Sword of slicing (35) Dead
GoC: Potion of knowledge (20) Chalice of Restful Recovery (3) Helm of vengance (16) Cookie (0) Dead
Recaiden: Lighting speed (20) Wand of fire (15) Dead
Shadowcaller: Sword of burning light (21) Leap attack (1) Dead
Night surgeon: Power attack (6) Energy: 54

Also I have to say it after so long... FIRST THREAD. (That I've posted.)
P.S. Most of the stuff typed up here was originally done by GoC, in the superhero rumble thread.

GoC
2009-03-27, 10:44 PM
Obviously in.

Shadowcaller
2009-03-27, 10:45 PM
I'm in of course.

Murska
2009-03-27, 10:46 PM
I'm in this one aswell, hoping to have more than 4 energy after round 1.

Fan
2009-03-27, 10:47 PM
In as a Warforged Dungeouncrasher fighter variant. The ultimate kick in the door fighter.

billtodamax
2009-03-27, 10:55 PM
I might have a try next round. So not in.

Recaiden
2009-03-27, 10:59 PM
Oh yeah. IN! I almost didn't notice this thread.

Shadowcaller
2009-03-27, 11:02 PM
Oh yeah. IN! I almost didn't notice this thread.

When are you going to update the last thread?:smallwink:

Lamech
2009-03-28, 08:14 AM
I think he just did. You won! Anyway you can start sending in powers...

GoC
2009-03-28, 12:32 PM
I have yet to get below level 11 in Nethack despite a hundred attempts. How far have you guys gone?

Also, Nethack (http://www.nethack.org/) and download (http://www.nethack.org/v343/downloads.html). It comes with a gui version if you find all the text ugly.

Selrahc
2009-03-28, 02:58 PM
I'm in if I can leave sending in the abilities for a few days. Otherwise I will sadly have to give it a miss.

Lamech
2009-03-28, 03:05 PM
Yeah that works fine, I was going to leave recruitment open for a few days...

Talic
2009-03-30, 12:57 AM
I'd like to join in.

Zar Peter
2009-03-30, 08:26 AM
Since I'm away next week I'm missing this iteration.

Lamech
2009-03-30, 01:37 PM
Yeah people's... I'm going to close recruiting tomorrow. So join up mighty heroes.:smallwink:

Lamech
2009-03-31, 03:34 PM
Alright then recruitment closed. Everyone send in their powers, I'll let give 3-4 days for everyone to send in their powers.

GoC
2009-04-03, 07:43 AM
Bump?

textext

Lamech
2009-04-03, 03:22 PM
I'm missing powers from two people. I've sent them messages... if I don't have their powers by tomorrow I'll have to begin with out them.:smallfrown:

Selrahc
2009-04-03, 03:36 PM
I don't think I have been sent a message about it, it certainly hasn't shown up in my PM box. Any rate, I'll make some powers and send them over in a minute. Sorry for the hold up.

Lamech
2009-04-03, 04:28 PM
Hmm... you are correct I didn't send a message out. Hmm... thats odd, amybe the internet gobbled it up. Anyway...

lamech is fail Murska sent him a message. This means just one more bit of balancing needs to be done.

Lamech
2009-04-03, 04:47 PM
Sword of Burning Light: Spend 10, deal 25*X damage to one player, where X is the number of players that player has killed during the game. May not be used against the same player multiple times in a single round.

Helm of Vengence: Spend 10, Every time you are attacked this round, Helm of Vengence deals X/2 damage to the attacking player, where X is energy that player is attacking you with that round.
Note: This CAN be used multiple times in a round. Please take this in consideration when bidding for it.

Precognition: You decide on your actions after everyone else has decided theirs (hence knowing what they have decided).
Note: The person with this power will only have about 8-12hrs to decide on their action after recieving everyone else's actions.

Lighting Speed: At your option each round you can have your actions take effect before those of anyone else in the game. Your actions are considered to take place before anyone has attacked or activated powers, even before everyone has allocated defence (use whatever defence is left over from last round). This Power cannot be copied/replicated.
Note: On the first round I have decided everyone has 100 defense left over from the "last" round.

Mirror of Opposition: Spend 20: Target any player. If that player attacks you or uses an item against you this turn, that player's attack/item is also treated as if he targeted himself/herself (you still suffer the effects of the attack). Usable Once per Turn.

Chalice of Restful Recovery: Spend 20: Recover 20 HP (to a maximum of 100 HP). Every attack against you this turn Gains +20 Power. Usable once per turn.

Power attack: Take a penalty to defence, add that penalty to your attack for this turn. ((-defence= +offence))
And for the second

Leap attack: You leap into the air, and bring your sharp stick on metal down on the enemy. Leap into the air for 1 round (unable to attack, and defend), and deal X2 damage next round.

Potion of Healing: Use once per game: Gain 40 HP (to a maximum of 100 HP).

Wand of Fire: Spend 10 and Burn 10: Deal 20 unavoidable damage to an opponent.

Kazoo - Spend 10, make an opponent unable to use any of his items for the round. Usable once per two turns.

Potion of Knowledge - The player who wins his bid for this item will be able to see all the other players' bids on other items and will be given the chance to choose after everyone else has.

Ring of Procrastination- You are far too busy to deal with attacks right now. Inevitably though this only makes the problem worse when the magic runs out and it is time to deal with it.
Costs 5 to activate.
All attacks against you are ignored for the next three turns, including the turn on which it is activated.
The damage from all attacks against you while the ring is active is doubled and applied to you on the turn the rings effects end.
One use only.

Sword of Slicing- Double Sword of Slicing's Power Strength and add it to one Attack you make each turn.
Note: This has been changed from the online version so it only applies once a turn.

And the powers are here send in your bids.

Selrahc
2009-04-03, 04:48 PM
Okay... my character for this game is:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_D_rswD8x1g0/R6FJ-F_NbxI/AAAAAAAAALg/yWNrc9BsFcA/s400/colors_Hippo%2BWarrior.png
Slack the Unstoppable- Slack was your average freelance mercenary thug, lazy boorish and violent. He had the misfortune to be hired for an ill advised assault on a wizard's castle, and ended up as one of the wizard's eldritch experiments. Now he is half man, half hippo, and completely mental. The wizard sends him out where a little brute force can be effective.

GoC
2009-04-03, 06:23 PM
Clarification needed:
Do Helm of Vengence, Sword of Burning Light deal unblockable or blockable damage?
Are things like Power Attack and Precognition considered Items?

All in all a nice selection of powerful abilities. This should be a short game.

Lamech
2009-04-03, 10:53 PM
Everything is an "item" except for of course players. Also I'm going to say that unless it says "unblockable" defense works against it.

Shadowcaller
2009-04-04, 08:37 AM
Everything is an "item" except for of course players. Also I'm going to say that unless it says "unblockable" defense works against it.

Um, power attack + lighting speed seems to be a extreme game breaker, I get 999999999- defense and then I kill every in the game before they can react.

Recaiden
2009-04-04, 10:50 AM
I'd assume it makes out at your energy.

Fan
2009-04-04, 10:59 AM
As the one who wrote that power that was my intent.

GoC
2009-04-04, 01:52 PM
Just to confirm: You cannot have negative defence, right?

Another thing: Can Mirror of Opposition be used on the turn Ring of Procrastination expires?

Talic
2009-04-04, 04:33 PM
Just to confirm: You cannot have negative defence, right?

Another thing: Can Mirror of Opposition be used on the turn Ring of Procrastination expires?

As the creator of the Mirror:

The ring ignores the effect of the attack, and delays it.
However, the attack was made.

On the turn an attack is announced, if that player declares an attack on you, he takes the effect as well. If you have an effect to delay it, all well and good. If the other player doesn't, he takes it right away.

To reiterate, the intent was for the item to trigger off of an attack or item being used against you. Your defenses are irrelevant to that.

Lamech
2009-04-04, 05:02 PM
As I understand power attack negative defenses are impossible. In fact I'm assuming negatives are impossible in general because otherwise you could do all sorts of rather clever and game breaking things.

I think Talic basically has the explanation right. As I understood the ring it allows three turns on "invunerablity" Then on turn four you get hit by double what you already have been hit by. I.E. You die...

Lamech
2009-04-05, 10:00 AM
Alright then, I have the bids in. And Goc won the potion of knowledge. So she can change her bids.

Here is what I got for the winners of each item and how much they spent...

Potion of healing: Murska 12

Precognition: Murska 31

Ring of procrastination: Selrahc 10

Sword of slicing: Selrahc 35

Helm of vengence: Selrahc 15

Mirror of opposition: Talic 10

Lightning speed: Recaiden 20

Sword of burning light: Shadowcaller 21 (oops... and this is why I posted this now)

Wand of fire: Recaiden 15

Kazoo: Talic 10

Power attack: Night surgeon 6

Potion of knowledge: GoC 20 (hee

Leap attack: Murska 2/ Shadowcaller 2

Chalice of restful recovery: Shadowcaller/ 2 Murska
Please double check me and correct me if I screwed up. GoC, I can forward you the PM's if you want, but this saves me effort if you don't care...

Murska
2009-04-05, 10:10 AM
As the creator of the Potion of Knowledge, you cannot change your bid on that anymore, just as a reminder. Just everything else.

Fan
2009-04-05, 10:29 AM
Actually, I just realised something. Power attack does NOTHING as you have to spend a equal amount of energy on defence to get your amount for attack. So it basicly does nothing.

Shadowcaller
2009-04-05, 10:31 AM
Actually, I just realised something. Power attack does NOTHING as you have to spend a equal amount of energy on defence to get your amount for attack. So it basicly does nothing.

Yeah, thats why I thought it was so weird, it even mentioned -defense in the actual power.

Fan
2009-04-05, 10:35 AM
So should we allow negative defence to a minor extent? Like maybe 1/5th your total energy?

Lamech
2009-04-05, 12:06 PM
Power attack: Take a penalty to defence, add that penalty to your attack for this turn. ((-defence= +offence))
And for the second
Wait... so the bolded isn't part of the power?:smallconfused:
I thought that it added the bonus for two turns, but I see thats not what other people thought...

So should we allow negative defence to a minor extent? Like maybe 1/5th your total energy? Sure, anyone want to change their bid on this? (via PM) Note: If you have a negative defense you WILL take damage.

Fan
2009-04-05, 12:11 PM
That's rather embarrasing... Well its useful now, so I guess no change.:smallsigh:

Talic
2009-04-05, 02:29 PM
Easiest way to make it useful would be to allow you to choose it after attack and defense was known... Kinda like precognition, but one way only.

Lamech
2009-04-05, 05:23 PM
That's rather embarrasing... Well its useful now, so I guess no change.:smallsigh:

Huh? I'm confused going with the two turn bonus, or the negative defense?

Fan
2009-04-05, 05:24 PM
Huh? I'm confused going with the two turn bonus, or the negative defense?

Two Turns, as I wont be killed by it.

Lamech
2009-04-05, 05:42 PM
Alright then power attack stays the way I interperted it and posted it.

GoC
2009-04-05, 08:37 PM
I'll take the Chalice and the Helm please.

Lamech
2009-04-05, 09:33 PM
That it? At the minimum cost I assume? Then we just need to settle the leap attack bid tie problem. That would be Murska and Shadowcaller...

Murska
2009-04-05, 10:10 PM
I'll let SC take it if he wants.

Shadowcaller
2009-04-06, 12:53 AM
I can take it, even if I never will use it...

Talic
2009-04-06, 01:14 AM
So... What happens to 2 turn powers, if they're kazoo'd on round 2?

Murska
2009-04-06, 07:22 AM
As the creator of Kazoo, I meant it as an item that, when used against a target, prevent that target from using any items that turn. So if he has already used an item on the previous turn and the effect is lingering, it doesn't affect it.

Lamech
2009-04-06, 01:27 PM
The mighty adventures had traveled deep in to the dungeon. Fought evil beasts. Robbed stores. But now they encountered their most dire threat yet. Enemy adventures, all trying to claim the amulet of Yendor for themselves. Of course there was only one way to solve this. Violence!

Player stats: Round One
Murska: Potion of healing (12) Precognition (31) Energy 57
Talic: Mirror of opposition (10) Kazoo (10) Energy: 80
Serahc: Ring of procrastination (10) Sword of slicing (35) Energy: 55
GoC: Cookie (0) Potion of knowledge (20) Chalice of Restful Recovery (3) Helm of vengance (16) Energy 61
Recaiden: Lighting speed (20) Wand of fire (15) Energy: 65
Shadowcaller: Sword of burning light (21) Leap attack (1)
Night surgeon: Power attack (6) Energy: 94

Alright 48 hours to send in your actions to Murska and I. After that Murska will have about 8 hours to send in any changes.

Also way back durning sign up GoC got a cookie for the obvious nethack reference. It can be eaten but it won't do anything.

GoC
2009-04-06, 05:19 PM
Also way back durning sign up GoC got a cookie for the obvious nethack reference. It can be eaten but it won't do anything.

I think a cookie should heal me 1 hp for the healthiness and give +1 to attack for that round due to sugar rush.:smallbiggrin:
So how deep did you get?

Lamech
2009-04-06, 05:31 PM
I haven't played very much. I've gotten to level 2, where I proceded to rob my pet happened to fetch items from a store.

GoC
2009-04-06, 06:42 PM
And Goc won the potion of knowledge. So she can change her bids.

Just noticed this.
It's pretty cool that I've got sufficiently adrogynous typing for people get confused.:smallbiggrin:

Murska
2009-04-07, 07:50 AM
Oh right, forgot to post my character...

http://whisperingworm.wikidot.com/aegnor

:smallbiggrin:

Talic
2009-04-07, 03:41 PM
Here I am. (http://www.yannicklord.com/zombie-survival-guide/zombie_nation_x72.jpg)

Recaiden
2009-04-07, 05:11 PM
I always thought ze was a guy, but then lamech started referring to hir as "she". So I'm using gender neutral pronouns now. Actually, from now on I'll assume ze's a sentient AI.

Lamech
2009-04-08, 10:40 PM
Alright then action's closed for every one except Murska, he has a little over 12 hours to send in his actions.

Lamech
2009-04-10, 08:44 AM
GoC looks around and finds a safe looking corner, and starts to drink from his chalice. Which is exactly when Shadowcaller and Murska pounce, spilling his chalice all over the floor and shattering bones. As Shadowcaller and Murska sneak off laughing Murska eats his potion.

Meanwhile Talic finds a giant anthromorphic hippo. He runs away really quickly. The night surgeon charges hiz zword.

Murska: Potion of healing (12) Precognition (31) Energy 57+40=97 (attack GoC 57)
Remaining Defense: 0
Talic: Mirror of opposition (10) Kazoo (10) Energy: 80 -(71-80)=80 (defend 80)
Remaining defense 9
Serahc: Ring of procrastination (10) Sword of slicing (35) Energy: 55 (Attack Talic 1 defend 54)
Remaining defense 54
GoC: Potion of knowledge (20) Chalice of Restful Recovery (3) Helm of vengance (16) cookie (0) Energy 61+20-(77+26-41)=19 (defend 41 chalice 20)
Remaing defense 0
Recaiden: Lighting speed (20) Wand of fire (15) Energy: 65 (defend 65)
Shadowcaller: Sword of burning light (21) Leap attack (1) Energy 78 (attack Goc 6 defend 72)
Remaining Defense 72
Night surgeon: Power attack (6) Energy: 94 (power attack 40 defend 54)
Remaning Defense: 54, +40 to attack this round

The remaining defense is for lighting speed. Again send all actions to Murska and I. Today is good friday so I'm going to again say everyone has a little over 48 hrs.

Murska
2009-04-10, 09:07 AM
The potion of healing takes 10 energy to use? Why didn't that read in the description... :smallannoyed:

Lamech
2009-04-10, 09:40 AM
:smalltongue:I have no clue how I got that ten. Anyway this is why I don't do drugs.:smalltongue:

GoC
2009-04-10, 11:40 AM
Bastards.:smallannoyed:
Large Ham (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LargeHam)
I hope Recaiden tears you a new one Murska!:smallfurious: (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LargeHam)

Lamech
2009-04-12, 02:38 PM
I'm not sure if I have everyone's actions but its been 48hrs, so Murska has 'till tomorrow afternoon to send in his actions, but I'm pretty sure it won't change.

Murska
2009-04-12, 02:46 PM
It won't, just update now.

Lamech
2009-04-12, 03:14 PM
'K update begins in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1...
Recaiden darts up to the crippled GoC with lighting speed and slits his throat him off before he can react. Seventeen seconds later he's skewering the off balance Talic; three levels up. And then he's gone off to who knows where. Talic uses his mirror to show the hippoman what he looks like. Selrahc recoils and puts up his shield.

Night Surgeon fires hiz zword at Murska hoping to catch him unaware, but Murska's elf-sense's tingle and he brings his sword up for a quick block. The blades go flying into a dark corner of the dungeon.

Shadowcaller is lost in some deep dark corner of the dungeon. He's treading very carefully, as he's never been this deep before. Oddly he encounters no danger.

Murska: Precognition (31) Energy 97-(96-97)=97 (Defend 97) Energy: 97
Defense remaining 1 :smalleek:
Talic: Mirror of opposition (10) Kazoo (10) Energy: 80 -(46-9) = 53 (Defend 60 Mirror: Selharc 10) Energy: 53
Remaining Defense: 60
Selrahc: Ring of procrastination (10) Sword of slicing (35) Energy: 55 (Defend 55) Energy: 55
Remaing Defense 55
GoC: Potion of knowledge (20) Chalice of Restful Recovery (3) Helm of vengance (16) Cookie (0) Energy 19 - 19 = 0 dies (Defend 19) Dead
Remaining Defense: 19:smallconfused:
Recaiden: Lighting speed (20) Wand of fire (15) Energy: 65 (Lighting attack: GoC 19 Talic 46) Energy: 65
Shadowcaller: Sword of burning light (21) Leap attack (1) Energy 78 (Defend 78)
Remaining defense 78
Night surgeon: Power attack (6) Energy: 94 (Defend 40 attack Murska 96) Energy: 94
Remaining Defense: 40

Remember that remaining defense only matters to Recaiden. Also don't forget that you can send me away actions. Everyone has a little over 48hrs to send all actions to Murska and I. Seeing this is rather interesting.

Selrahc
2009-04-12, 03:19 PM
Gah. Couple of minutes too late. :smallfrown:

Well, at least I'll be nice and early for next time.

GoC
2009-04-13, 07:36 AM
Why? :smallfrown:

Recaiden
2009-04-13, 07:58 AM
You could be a threat, and I couldn't finish off Talic.

Lamech
2009-04-14, 05:57 PM
Thats all folks. No more actions. Except Murska he has about twelve hours to decide his choice.

Lamech
2009-04-15, 02:16 PM
Well, well, well, Kaos breaks out fighting and killing abounds...

End Round 3 begin round 4

Selrahc was wandering along folling a lead on the amulet of Yendor when out of nowhere a Recaiden zips up and smashes his shield to bits, and dislocating his shoulder. Unfortunetly... his sword arm had not been harmed. And he was wielding a artifact. Aaand he was super strong. Yeah...

Shadowcaller seeing his chance he darts out from behind a corner and stabs Selrahc in the back. Selrahc's soul is sucked into Shadowcaller's sword, giving it great power. Which doesn't last long because on another level Murska decides to Genocide "Shadowcaller"'s.

Talic attempts to stop Murska's genocidal ways, but Talic gets back handed. Besides Murska was out of scrolls.

Murska: Precognition (31) Energy 97 (Attack Shadowcaller 78 Talic 19) Energy 97

Talic: Mirror of opposition (10) Kazoo (10) Energy: 53-19 = 34 (Mirror: Selrahc Kazoo: Recaiden Attack 23 Recaiden) Energy: 34

Selrahc: Ring of procrastination (10) Sword of slicing (35) Energy: 55 -(65+78-54) dies (Defend 54 Attack Recaiden 1) dead

Recaiden: Lighting speed (20) Wand of fire (15) Energy: 65 -(23+71+14) = dies) (Attack Selrahc 65) dead

Shadowcaller: Sword of burning light (21) Leap attack (1) Energy 78 -78 dies (Attack Selrahc 78) Dead

Night surgeon: Power attack (6) Energy: 94 (Defend 50 charge 30 attack Recaiden 14) Energy: 94
Charge: 30

So three deaths. Good times, well the survivors should send their actions to Murska and I. Everyone has about 48hrs...

Lamech
2009-04-16, 07:55 AM
Hey if I get everyone's actions does anyone mind if I update early? It might speed up the game.

Fan
2009-04-16, 07:59 AM
Well, I dont see why anyone would. I'm no doubt dying this round, so w/e

Talic
2009-04-16, 06:02 PM
I'm cool with that.

Lamech
2009-04-16, 10:50 PM
Well thats all for actions, Murska gets to send his in now... he has lets say 24hrs.

Lamech
2009-04-17, 05:13 PM
End Round 4 Begin Round 5

After the massacare everything is silent. Night Surgion firez hiz lazor, and Murska barely escapes. Talic is still hiding behind his mirror.

Murska: Precognition (31) Energy 97-(60-97)=97 (Defend 97) Energy 97

Talic: Mirror of opposition (10) Kazoo (10) Energy: 53-19 = 34 (Mirror: Night Surgeon Defend 14 ) Energy: 34

Night surgeon: Power attack (6) Energy: 94 (Attack Murska 60 defend 64) Energy: 94

Everyone has 48hrs. to send all actions to Murska and I.

GoC
2009-04-17, 08:31 PM
We really should do game theory analysis on the last rounds of these games. It could be very educational.

Lamech
2009-04-17, 11:12 PM
Yes, yes we should... anyway I'm going to leave this open for a little bit longer even though I have Talic and Night Surgeon's actions. Murska might try something funny.

Lamech
2009-04-18, 04:32 PM
Alright actions closed for everyone but Murska, again I doubt they will change...

Murska
2009-04-18, 04:43 PM
Yeah, they shouldn't.

Lamech
2009-04-18, 07:19 PM
Alright then and we update to the sound of a kazoo...

End round five begin round six
Sounding out his battle cry with a kazoo Talic charges Murska, somehow managing to ignore* his injuries to a degree. The kazoo has no effect, and Murska trips Talic sending him harmlessly sprawling. Then Murska attempts to by pass the gaurd of the Night Surgeon. But Murska only managed to nick him.

Murska: Precognition (31) Energy 97-(27-27)=97 (Defend 27 attack Night Surgeon 70) Energy: 97

Talic: Mirror of opposition (10) Kazoo (10) Energy 34 - 0=0 (Kazoo: Murska Attack Murska 27 ) Energy: 34

Night surgeon: Power attack (6) Energy: 94 - (70-64)= 88 (Charge 30 Defend 64) Energy: 88
Charge: 30

Send all actions to Murska and I. Everyone has about 48hrs.
*Talic spent three too many on his actions, but I let it slide because the kazoo apperantly doesn't affect precognition. :smallamused: Nor will I correct any other math fails if they hurt the person responsible.

Lamech
2009-04-20, 10:34 PM
I'm going to update in 24hrs. I noted their was a fourm shortage of sorts.

Lamech
2009-04-21, 02:03 PM
Alright Talic sent in his action. So no more actions except Murska, I'll give him 8hrs. It will let me update today. And I'm pretty sure his action won't change.

Murska
2009-04-21, 02:34 PM
Yeah. I don't think I'll switch. I don't want to die, after all. :smalltongue:

Lamech
2009-04-21, 02:53 PM
Good to hear Murska. Update has arrived.

End Round 6 Begin round 7

A wild charge from Night Sugeon is to much for Mursk to completely parry and Night surgeon leaves a gash along Murska's ribs. Talic trips Night Surgeon and slips a knife into his stomache.

Murska: Precognition (31) Energy 97-(108-97)=86 (Defend 97) Energy: 86

Talic: Mirror of opposition (10) Kazoo (10) Energy 34 (Attack: Night Surgeon 34) Energy: 34

Night surgeon: Power attack (6) Energy: 88-34=54 (Attack Murska 108) Energy: 54

Send all actions to Murska and I.

GoC
2009-04-21, 05:50 PM
Well looks like we've got a Murska win. Biggest curbstomp I've ever seen in a Rumble...
And yes, I did predict Murska winning.:smallwink:

I'll host the next one.

Recruitment thread should be up about the time this game finishes.

Lamech
2009-04-23, 05:32 PM
Actions closed for Talic and NS Murska has about 12hrs to send in his.

Lamech
2009-04-24, 01:01 PM
And... thats pretty much game.

End round seven begin round eight.

Murska begins to sing.

Lalala, they never had a chance.
Talic lowers his sword and begings to charge.
I knew their every move
Talic yells out a battle cry.
Before we had began.
Murska spins and strikes Talic in the neck with the tip of his sword.
All their efforts were in vain.
Talic's sword clatters to the ground. He collaspes, his life force spilling away.
No hope they ever had.
Night surgeon backs in to the wall, cowering.
With their blood I write my win.

Murska: Precognition (31) Energy 97-(108-97)=86 (Defend 34 Attack talic 34 compose a song 18) Energy: 86

Talic: Mirror of opposition (10) Kazoo (10) Energy 34-34= 0 (Attack: Murska 34) Energy: dies

Night surgeon: Power attack (6) Energy: 54 (Defend 54) Energy: 54

Well thats pretty much game folks, Murska would have too screw up twice hard to lose this. Send all actions to Murska and I. 48 hours.

Actually NS send in your next two actions. You get to decide how you go out.:smallsmile:

Murska
2009-04-24, 01:05 PM
I might just as well state my actions here instead of filling up someone's PM box. I defend enough to stop any damage towards me while attacking NS with any energy I have left after that.

EDIT: And for flavour, I'd like the last kill to be made by using throwing daggers. Any musical stuff is of course a bonus. :smallsmile:

Lamech
2009-04-24, 01:11 PM
'K cool... so how does NS want to go out? You can send in your next two actions via PM or just post them.

Selrahc
2009-04-24, 01:20 PM
I'm guessing NS didn't send an action? Pity, I was kind of looking forward to seeing this endgame.

If both had fully attacked Murska, then either they would have slowly ground him down, or Murska could have picked the winner.

Murska
2009-04-24, 01:36 PM
I'm guessing NS didn't send an action? Pity, I was kind of looking forward to seeing this endgame.

If both had fully attacked Murska, then either they would have slowly ground him down, or Murska could have picked the winner.

I'd totally have left them both at 1 hp. :smallbiggrin:

Lamech
2009-04-24, 01:41 PM
I'd totally have left them both at 1 hp. :smallbiggrin:
Hmm... if you did that Talic's victory plan would be to attack every round because if NS charged he could get a kill. So NS could choose between a dead lock and everyone dies. Everyone dying would have been funny. A dead lock would be interesting too.

Fan
2009-04-24, 02:06 PM
Kay, since Murska gets to see my actions anyway here they are

First half of my actions: Charge mah zowrd 54
Second half: Fire mah Zord for 108 (since power attack gets me for this turn as well.)
Man my first choice of powers Power attack/Leap attack would've been AMAZINGLY helpful right now for 216 damage.

Murska
2009-04-24, 02:17 PM
Okay, so I kill him the first round then.

Fan
2009-04-24, 03:17 PM
Indeed.:smalltongue:
I knew I wasn't going to win ever since I figured out that Murska got to see everyone's actions. Most OP'd ability evar.:smalltongue:

Lamech
2009-04-24, 03:29 PM
Alright then

End round eight. Endgame.
Night Surgeon takes off running. Murska slips around a differant corner
Run, run run, but you'll never hide.
Night Surgeon starts to channel power into his zword.
Clever trick, even so you will die beside
Night Surgeon runs into an throne room. Skeletons scattered everywhere.
The dead kings throne. All alone
Night Surgeon runs over to the throne, when a dagger catches him in the back of the knee. Dropping him to the ground
Your time has come, join the court of bone.
Night Surgeon brings up his zword preparing to fire it when a dagger flies through his wrist. The zword falls to the ground.
As was written, you pass away.
Murska threw one last dagger and turned around. Night Surgeon made a grab for his zword with his good arm. The dagger slashed across the viens and tendons in his good wrist His blood began to spill away.

Murska Wins

And so here ends the story of Chaos in Nethack. Murska was the winner, ending with more energy than he started with. A nice feat. He took only minimal damage, I must say very good job.

Murska
2009-04-24, 03:35 PM
Aegnor takes the Amulet of Yendor, salutes his fallen foes, bows with a flourish and leaves the scene.

That was fun. I don't think people realized just how much of an advantage I got, at least until it was too late. Selrahc almost crippled me on round one but I got him to switch target. :smallamused:

Lamech
2009-04-24, 03:59 PM
Oh for sure precognition was a huge advantage. For it to make sense for anyone to attack you they had to have a number of people to go along with them. And that potion made you have the most energy of anyone. I'm really surprised it ddn't go for more.

Yeah Selrahc changing really helped you out.

Selrahc
2009-04-24, 04:07 PM
And that potion made you have the most energy of anyone. I'm really surprised it ddn't go for more.

Indeed. I was shocked that GoC didn't make the bid.
If I hadn't already been overstretched I would have thrown a 30ish bid in.

I knew I wasn't going to win ever since I figured out that Murska got to see everyone's actions.

Well uh.. you did kind of play the last bit poorly. When you did a half attack half defend you made an action that could *only* work if the opponent didn't have precog. If you'd full attacked on that first turn after I died, then you'd have been 30 energy up on Murska. The charge a few turns later was also a bit silly, since Murska would clearly see that it was safe to attack.