PDA

View Full Version : Name Change Request Thread

Roland St. Jude
2009-03-25, 10:40 PM
We are now offering a name change to any poster that desires one, with the following caveats:

1. Posters must be registered for at least three months before requesting a name change (consideration will be given to technical issues during sign up).
2. Posters must not have received a name change in the last six months.

Post exactly what you want your name to be. Use underscores or spaces only if you actually want them in your name. Your name will be changed to the exact text you indicate.

Be sure that you are happy with the name you choose, as it may be permanent. We make no representation that this thread will remain open indefinitely. Also, all name changes are at the discretion of the Forum Staff.

EDIT: Please don't repost your request or ask when we'll get to it. Also, if you change your mind, edit your original post rather than posting later in the thread. We're working our way through top to bottom.

Finally, please don't use this thread as a discussion thread. Take that to Friendly Banter or something. That includes reactions to people's name changes or inquiries about whether you should change your name. Work that stuff out elsewhere and use this for your requests.

The Neoclassic
2009-03-26, 12:16 AM
Awesome! How many characters can one's name be? I have one in mind, but I think it might be too long.

Rawhide
2009-03-26, 12:36 AM
Awesome! How many characters can one's name be? I have one in mind, but I think it might be too long.

It can't stretch the postbit (area where it displays your username/etc).

Skippy
2009-03-26, 12:57 AM
That's really cool! Can I shorten my name to just Skippy? Everyone knows me that way...

{Changed}

Dihan
2009-03-26, 11:30 AM
Could I have my name abbreviated to Dihan, please?

{Changed}

Amiria
2009-03-26, 12:07 PM
I want to be just Amiria again. Please eradicate the ", Countess of Mispelling" ... from my name.

{Changed}

Dallas-Dakota
2009-03-26, 12:18 PM
Hmm, I'l miss the countess, Amiria.

Crispy Dave
2009-03-26, 01:23 PM
new name "Crispy Dave" no parentheses

{Changed}

Raiser Blade
2009-03-26, 03:00 PM
Raiser Blade

please and thank you

{Changed}

Ashen Lilies
2009-03-27, 08:11 PM
Would it be alright to stick a space in my name and make it "Kid Kris" instead? It's bugged me for a long time. Please and thanks. :smallsmile:

{Changed}

Dallas-Dakota
2009-03-28, 02:28 AM
Could you please change my name to 'DD the Cookiemonster'.

*double checks he didn't accidentally made a typo*

Yup, ''DD the Cookiemonster''.

Thenks!

{Changed}

Hell Puppi
2009-03-28, 02:56 AM
Wow, really? :smalleek:

Edit- awww dang lemme think about it :smalltongue:

Rawhide
2009-03-28, 05:01 AM
If any more people with excellent names request a name change, I'm going to retract the offer to change names.

radikalskippy, your request is denied. Your current name is too good.

HellPuppi, your request is denied. Your current name is too good, also very unique.

Amiria, at least you are keeping the Amiria bit. But what about Mistress of Counterspelling?

Raiser_B1ade, I'll really miss the 1, but I agree that the _ should go.

dallas-dakota, I never understood why you chose two american cities, but I'm sure we can think up a better one for you.

KidKris and crispydave both look like you're just getting correct spacing and all that. Approved.

Doihaveaname?, liked the original, but Dihan does have a nice ring to it. Approved.

(I think thats everyone that actually requested a change)

Ok, so I'm not actually denying any requests and I'm not going to retract the offer. But there's so many people with good names that I never thought would want to change changing!

Mc. Lovin'
2009-03-28, 05:34 AM
I agree, allmost everyone here shouldnt get their names changed, they're so well known!

Amiria
2009-03-28, 05:43 AM
Amiria, at least you are keeping the Amiria bit. But what about Mistress of Counterspelling?

Ah, you still remember the original title which Chris the Pontifex only corrupted to Countess of Mispelling ... I think it was in the "Resurrect TPAM" game ... :smallsmile:

Well, I don't need that anymore too. I rebuild Amiria long ago and she no longer hath Improved Counterspell, Reactive Counterspell and Mastery of Counterspelling, so it wouldn't be inappropriate.

I guess I could put a reference to Mistress of Counterspelling or something in my sig if it conciliates the fan crowd. :smallwink:

Or some brand new title/sobriquet added to Amiria ? But what could it be and could I live with it for all eternity or at least a quite long time until the next change for a name change in 2011/12 ? Maybe a reference to my time as a Fezgul or to the Silverthorn ? But no, I can put such things in the signature too.

Amiria

Dallas-Dakota
2009-03-28, 06:00 AM
dallas-dakota, I never understood why you chose two american cities, but I'm sure we can think up a better one for you.

Ok, so I'm not actually denying any requests and I'm not going to retract the offer. But there's so many people with good names that I never thought would want to change changing!
Yup, I didn't either. I think it was me getting tired of my previous two internet names(''Maxx'' and ''Beriothien'') and a spur of the moment thing because I wanted to post.
>.>

But the ''DD'' part is so people still knows its me...

You got a suggestion?

Ps. I already talked about it with a couple of people and they liked it.

Ashen Lilies
2009-03-28, 06:02 AM
I'm pretty sure most people would know you just by 'The Cookiemonster'. Are there any other cookiemonsters on this board?

Assassin89
2009-03-28, 06:20 AM
I'm wondering if I could change my name to Adwren, after my D&D character.

{Confirmation requested}

Dallas-Dakota
2009-03-28, 06:28 AM
Err, naming yourself for a period of a long time or maybe permanently after a DnD character is not a good idea.....Because, y'know, he might die....And all that...

Rawhide
2009-03-28, 06:44 AM
Yup, I didn't either. I think it was me getting tired of my previous two internet names(''Maxx'' and ''Beriothien'') and a spur of the moment thing because I wanted to post.
>.>

But the ''DD'' part is so people still knows its me...

You got a suggestion?

Ps. I already talked about it with a couple of people and they liked it.

DD
DeeDee
Deedee
Dee Dee
Cookiemonster DD
Cookiemonster D.D.
D. D. Cookiemonster PhD
Dr. D. D. Cookiemonster

Amiria
2009-03-28, 07:07 AM
Err, naming yourself for a period of a long time or maybe permanently after a DnD character is not a good idea.....Because, y'know, he might die....And all that...

Amiria died once, ranged assassin death attack ... poisoned crossbow bolt ... through the eye. But got truly resurrected.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-03-28, 07:31 AM
Hmmm, out of those, I like the last one best.

Assassin89
2009-03-28, 07:43 AM

Good point. On second thought, forget the "Adwren" and change Assassin 89 to Assassin89. I am just removing a space from the old name.

{Changed}

Shades of Gray
2009-03-28, 07:58 AM
I just want a small thing really... Could you capitalize the "G" in gray? I've been bugged by that since back when I joined in 2007.

My name would be:

Shades of Gray

{Changed}

Shades of Gray
2009-03-28, 08:11 AM
I know her as Tiff.

Although in most other places she seems to use Lirle. Or Circae... I think?

banjo1985
2009-03-28, 08:43 AM
Awesomesauce!

Any chance I can get the "1985" wiped off my name?

Banjo

That's what I've always wanted as a screen name, and I've always been a bit uncomfortable with showing my birth year to all and sundry.

{That name is taken.}

Rawhide
2009-03-28, 09:19 AM
Awesomesauce!

Banjo

That's what I've always wanted as a screen name, and I've always been a bit uncomfortable with showing my birth year to all and sundry.

Personally, I think you should call yourself Banjo Paterson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banjo_Paterson). (The Man From Snowy River (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs_-DKUimeo), Waltzing Matilda (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dVZo5a4_Ok), alternate version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu5byI6pZY0))

Morty
2009-03-28, 11:05 AM
Would it be possible to change my username to simply "Mort". I know that there's already a user with such name, but the 0 is driving me nuts.

Rawhide
2009-03-28, 11:08 AM
Would it be possible to change my username to simply "Mort". I know that there's already a user with such name, but the 0 is driving me nuts.

If there is already someone with that name, then no we can't. Usernames must be unique.

UncleWolf
2009-03-28, 11:24 AM
Awesomesauce!

Banjo

I always thought it was a reference to Bowling For Soup's 1985. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnYm0EmyDVU)

Haruki-kun
2009-03-28, 11:26 AM
Awesomesauce!

Banjo

If there is already someone with that name, then no we can't. Usernames must be unique.

=/ I'm fairly sure there's already someone named Banjo...

So... does anyone think I should remove the "-kun" from my name?

EmeraldRose
2009-03-28, 11:29 AM
Hmmm, out of those, I like the last one best.

I agree, the last one was very good.

Morty
2009-03-28, 11:54 AM

Morty then? Or another similiar name? I'll think about it...

Dallas-Dakota
2009-03-28, 12:05 PM
Nah, just stay M0rt.

I even auto-type it with a 0, instead of the letter o, thats how used I've become to it. Stay with us M0rt, don't become Morty or something....It doesn't sound like you.

ER, glad to see you like that one...

Shades of Gray
2009-03-28, 12:30 PM
How about DipsnigasaurusRexMcFluffyPlants?

Stick with Haruki-Kun. If anything, change to Ruki-Chan.

Szilard
2009-03-28, 12:59 PM
Cool, but I think I'll stick with my current name.

I totally agree with Shades about the capitalization of gray in his name.

Haruki-kun
2009-03-28, 01:16 PM
Stick with Haruki-Kun. If anything, change to Ruki-Chan.

Heck, no. "ruki" only works because it's short. if it was the actual name it would be horrible.

Think I'll leave it as is.

Deathslayer7
2009-03-28, 01:41 PM
hmmm. I need opinions.

deathslayer7
Deathslayer7
DeathSlayer7

which one do you guys like best? :smallconfused:

B-Man
2009-03-28, 01:47 PM
hmmm. I need opinions.

deathslayer7
Deathslayer7
DeathSlayer7

I think "Brooms For Noms" would be appropriate. :smallwink:

Nah, I think that DeathSlayer7 looks good. *nods*

Dixieboy
2009-03-28, 01:56 PM
Could i get the first letter in my name Capitalized?

{Changed}

Hell Puppi
2009-03-28, 02:09 PM
HellPuppi, your request is denied. Your current name is too good, also very unique.

Well dang you, now you have me thinking. I do use Hell Puppi for almost everything.

How about we meet in the middle and just add a space in my name if it's possible? :smalltongue:

{Confirmation requested}

banjo1985
2009-03-28, 02:33 PM
=/ I'm fairly sure there's already someone named Banjo...

So... does anyone think I should remove the "-kun" from my name?

Bugger. If so I guess I'm boned! I'll consider another option I guess, though I want to keep the banjo connotation.

Also, the reference to Bowling for Soup came later when Goof used me as part of a spoof of that very song...that was awesome. :smallbiggrin:

Kroy
2009-03-28, 02:56 PM
Could I have my name changed to Kroy? I get constantly annoyed by people who think it's Anti Keriss, even though it's Atni Keris backwards.
I just chose Sirek Inta because it was the character I was playing when I stopped lurking. The Keriss avatar didn't help, that's why I'm still using Gender-Bendered Keriss.

Edit: If not, could you atleast remove the "Inta" from my name?

{Changed}

Fawkes
2009-03-28, 03:07 PM
I think your new name should be Sirek Itna.

Neon Knight
2009-03-28, 06:06 PM
I'd like to get my name changed. Kasrkin is a Warhammer 40k term, and to be honest I'm no longer as fond of that particular universe as I once was. The name is like a tattoo picked up during a spree of inebriated youthful indiscretion, haunting me long after the event.

However, I don't know what to change it to. Hmm...

How about Nietzsche's Angst? Or maybe, The Poster Formerly Known as Kasrkin? Or maybe Categorical Imperative?

I just don't know. *sigh*

Kroy
2009-03-28, 07:35 PM
I think your new name should be Sirek Itna.

*Facepalm*
I think that's what I'm trying to avoid.

Shades of Gray
2009-03-28, 07:55 PM
How about *smudgey imperial blur* Just like those faulty tattoo removing products that just leave a smudge

I did like your WH40K-Inebriated youth metaphor though.

Andre Fairchilde
2009-03-28, 10:22 PM
I'd like to get my name changed. Kasrkin is a Warhammer 40k term, and to be honest I'm no longer as fond of that particular universe as I once was. The name is like a tattoo picked up during a spree of inebriated youthful indiscretion, haunting me long after the event.

However, I don't know what to change it to. Hmm...

How about Nietzsche's Angst? Or maybe, The Poster Formerly Known as Kasrkin? Or maybe Categorical Imperative?

I just don't know. *sigh*

Something easy that you like to type every time you log in?

Shades of Gray
2009-03-28, 10:24 PM
I haven't technically logged in for a couple of months. I use the auto-login.

Sneak
2009-03-28, 10:42 PM
Something easy that you like to type every time you log in?

Like Sneak! :smalltongue:

Also, I'm debating changing my name to Rose again just to confuse people.:smalltongue:

Copacetic
2009-03-28, 11:22 PM
"Azure Butterfly"

Thank you very much.

{Changed}

Skippy
2009-03-28, 11:41 PM
radikalskippy, your request is denied. Your current name is too good.

Thanks, Rawhide! I, too, think it's a really cool name. However, it has some cons that I didn't take in account when I crafted it:

-It's easily misread (You, yourself, admitted some time ago that you had missed the 'K' in 'radikal' until someone pointed it out). Which means that I have to constantly point out that my username isnt 'radialskippy' (Most common misconception) or even 'randalskippy' (I think someone wrote it like that sometime ago in the Guess the Number thread... there, I found it. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5461579&postcount=288))

-As awesome as it might be, it's a bit long, and most people call me Skippy all the time, in chats or in threads everywhere... It's also nicer to see when someone calls me 'Skippy' rather than 'RS'...

-People call me 'Skippy' IRL. I think I'm getting to like how it sounds...

Huh. I dunno. I like my username as it is, I'm just asking for a change because it would be practical. Hey, gimme a couple days to ask some people their opinions and I'll confirm it, ok? Thanks!

Andre Fairchilde
2009-03-28, 11:56 PM
Like Sneak! :smalltongue:

Also, I'm debating changing my name to Rose again just to confuse people.:smalltongue:

*light sarcasm* I'm sure my wife would like that... :smalleek::smalltongue:

Rutskarn
2009-03-29, 01:30 AM
I say Sneak changes his name to dallas_dakota and dallas_dakota changes his name to Sneak.

What? Their posting styles are still different!

Recaiden
2009-03-29, 01:39 AM
hmmm. I need opinions.

deathslayer7
Deathslayer7
DeathSlayer7

Deathslayer7 is definitely the best.

And for humorous name changes, I could named Reinholdt, while he could be Recaiden, and we also swap Mordokai and Mustiado. Actually, I'd rather keep my name.

Andre Fairchilde
2009-03-29, 03:13 AM

And for humorous name changes, I could named Reinholdt, while he could be Recaiden, and we also swap Mordokai and Mustiado. Actually, I'd rather keep my name.

I vote "Death's Laughter"

Mordokai
2009-03-29, 03:46 AM

No need, people already do that often enough as it is.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-03-29, 03:49 AM

You know, this topic was already discussed in chat.

Me and Sneak.:smalleek::smallwink::smallbiggrin:

Hyozo
2009-03-29, 04:48 AM
I first thought of the name iceddragons years ago when I thought it was cool. Now I don't, and the only reason I keep using it is so I don't have to memorize as many usernames. I'd like to change it, but I'm not sure what to change to...

If I can't think of anything else (and nobody makes a suggestion I like) I think I might go with the name of one of my RP characters, possibly "Hyozo"

{Is that an actual request?}

mercurymaline
2009-03-29, 05:45 PM
I've grown irritated with my username.
Can I get:

mercurymaline

Please and thank you.

{Changed}

Blue Ghost
2009-03-29, 09:10 PM
Can I change my name to "Blue Ghost"? I didn't know the board conventions when I chose my name, and my improper name has been bothering me for a while. Thanks.

{Changed}

Overlord Nicy
2009-03-31, 06:14 PM
I'm tired of the title of Prince.

"Overlord Nicy"

Thank you for your assistance.

{Changed}

RTGoodman
2009-03-31, 08:32 PM
I've been pondering this since this thread was posted, and I'm still not sure. I mean, I don't particularly like my name (it was just something quick and easy back when I didn't think I'd actually stick around), but I can't actually think of anything else I'd like it to be. I was thinking RTGoodman, since that's what I go by elsewhere if I deem that I need to be a member of a board/forum, but I'm still not sure. Opinions?

The Blackbird
2009-04-01, 06:47 PM
Could I get the 97 taken off, I thought the name Blackbird would already be taken, also the 97 was a favorite number/ inside joke thing so it has no real value on the forums.

{That name is already in use.}

Sneak
2009-04-01, 07:26 PM
I've been pondering this since this thread was posted, and I'm still not sure. I mean, I don't particularly like my name (it was just something quick and easy back when I didn't think I'd actually stick around), but I can't actually think of anything else I'd like it to be. I was thinking RTGoodman, since that's what I go by elsewhere if I deem that I need to be a member of a board/forum, but I'm still not sure. Opinions?

If you have to change it, I would just change it to RTG. But really, I think your name is fine as is—for some reason, the numbers at the end of your name don't bother me as much as they do for most usernames. Plus it's very unique.

Also: whoah! I just noticed the DD name change. :smalleek: Can I still call you Dallas, even though it's not your name? :smalltongue:

Shades of Gray
2009-04-01, 07:34 PM
I just want a small thing really... Could you capitalize the "G" in gray? I've been bugged by that since back when I joined in 2007.

My name would be:

Shades of Gray

Just reposting. When is the next batch of changes?

Assassin89
2009-04-01, 07:40 PM
I'll be glad to make that change, if you're sure.
I will confirm the change.

Roland St. Jude
2009-04-01, 07:55 PM
Well dang you, now you have me thinking. I do use Hell Puppi for almost everything.

How about we meet in the middle and just add a space in my name if it's possible? :smalltongue:

Is that your final answer? I want to make sure before I change it.

Roland St. Jude
2009-04-01, 08:06 PM
I will confirm the change.

I take that to mean that you will confirm what you want when you decide.

Roland St. Jude
2009-04-01, 08:13 PM
All requests that were made clearly in this thread have been completed. Please see the new thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5946488#post5946488) for any new requests. Thanks.