PDA

View Full Version : Custom NameSake Monsters Made to Order

Ing
2006-04-04, 02:23 AM
What kind of horrible beast lives inside you!?
Here's the deal i started a thread for folks to share their homebrewed death dealing monsters but it soon degraded into a game where i make up a monster based on those who posted on the thread (such classics as Spring Healed Jack, and the great Illsbane creature...and tribbles...yay tribbles). so here's the deal. put a post with some stuff you think you'd want me to know and i'll write it up. prepare to delight as your players learn to curse the name of ING. others feel free to join along in the game

Beleriphon
2006-04-04, 02:48 AM
Well lets start with my name Beleriphon. Hard when one consider's my namesake was a hero of Hellenic prose. He killed the chimera, so there you go. Um the monster/creature should have a spear. Thats all I can think of beyond the fact that it has to be orange.

Edit:

Oh, or a dire chinchilla. I'd love to own a dire chinchilla. He would be the size of s german sheperd, and so soft.

Ing
2006-04-04, 03:15 AM
Well lets start with my name Beleriphon. Hard when one consider's my namesake was a hero of Hellenic prose. He killed the chimera, so there you go. Um the monster/creature should have a spear. Thats all I can think of beyond the fact that it has to be orange.

Edit:

Oh, or a dire chinchilla. I'd love to own a dire chinchilla. He would be the size of s german sheperd, and so soft.

Belpheron
M outsider
8d6= 48
land speed=50
ac: 24=10+4+8+2 deflection
abilities
str 25 (8)
dex 18 (4)
con 15 (3)
int 10
wis 17 (4)
cha 7 (-2)
bab: 8/2: grapple 16
attacks: long pear 17/11, various weapontry
damage: 1d8+10,
full attack: 2 attacks
special: throw, favored enemy, track, evasion, uncanny dodge, unnatural reflexes
feats: power attack, combat reflexes, dodge, cleave, pt blank shot, quick draw, weapon focus long spear, weapon spec long spear
skills: jump 8, survival 10, knowledge planes 8, knowledge nature 5, heal 2, move silently 5, hide 8
allignment: LN
chalange rating 8
advancement: by class (ranger, assasin, rogue, fighter)

the Belpheron is a extraplanar hunter. appearing as mysterious humanoids clad in orange or black armor, these figures seek out potential chalanging prey througout the multiverse, them seem to favore large beasts as mounts and targets ,and greatly favor long spear weapontry. some work as bounty hunters of sorts, or as assasins .

special:
throw: when throwing their favoriate weapon their custome made long spears, the projectiles gain an extra 2d6 to the attack

favored enemy: magical beasts +2, chimeras especally gives an extra +2, aberitions +1
, track: as the ranger feat

, evasion

, uncanny dodge,

unnatural reflexes: their unhuman anatomy allows them surprizing agility even when coating in fullplate armor, perhaps it is the armor they wear or perhaps it is their own strength, since none have seen either the armor or the wearer without the other it is open to debate.

weapontry: will often carry a varity of other weapons for the occasion, ranging from long bows to daggers, to poisoned darts, to the much more exotic...rarely are they caught unprepared

+2 beaster slayer long spear (gives an extra +1d6 agianst magial beasts)

potion of bounty bane: when covered on a weapon this potion gives teh weapon a bonus of +2d6 agianst that perticular creature. the potion requirs a peice of the creature to make. they often use their track to find a hair ro the like of their quarry and prepare the potion prior to attack

julian
2006-04-04, 03:25 AM
How about a Ghoul? Or a ghūl?

But they already exist, right?

The creature of that name in MM1 bears very little relation to the creature of legend.

ghoul

Arabic Ghūl, in popular legend, demonic being believed to inhabit burial grounds and other deserted places. In ancient Arabic folklore, ghūls belonged to a diabolic class of jinn (spirits) and were said to be the offspring of ghūls, the Muslim prince of darkness. They were capable of constantly changing form, but their presence was always recognizable by their unalterable sign: ass's hooves.

Considered female by the ancients, the Ghūl was often confused with the sílā, also female; the sílā, however, was a witchlike species of jinn, immutable in shape. A ghūl stalked the desert, often in the guise of an attractive woman, trying to distract travelers, and, when successful, killed and ate them. The sole defense that one had against a ghūl was to strike it dead in one blow; a second blow would only bring it back to life again.

The ghūl, as a vivid figure in the Bedouin imagination, appeared in pre-Islāmic Arabic poetry, notably that of Ta'abbata Sharran. In North Africa, it was easily assimilated into an ancient Berber folklore already rich in demons and fantastic creatures. Modern Arabs use ghūl to designate a human or demonic cannibal and frequently employ the word to frighten disobedient children.

Anglicized as “ghoul,” the word entered English tradition and was further identified as a grave-robbing creature that feeds on dead bodies and on children. In the West ghouls have no specific image and have been described (by Edgar Allan Poe) as “neither man nor woman . . . neither brute nor human.” They are thought to assume disguises, to ride on dogs and hares, and to set fires at night to lure travelers away from the main roads.
ghoul.Encyclopædia Britannica. Retrieved April 4, 2006, from Encyclopædia Britannica 2006 Ultimate Reference Suite DVD .

Beleriphon
2006-04-04, 03:26 AM
I like that its pretty cool. Extraplanar big gamer hunters. Now I just need that dire chinchilla. ;D

julian
2006-04-04, 03:32 AM
Something wrong with text, it should read ghul with a line above the u, and sila, with a line above the a.

Cut and paste has it's pit traps.

Ing
2006-04-04, 03:35 AM
not a name sake, and a bit like a succubis but i think i can work with an idea like that. yes, we can do tune ups of pre-owned monsters as well. I'll give you my estimite soon.

i think the MM ghouls are based more on HP Lovecraft's as depicted in Pickman's Model and other stories

Ing
2006-04-07, 04:10 PM
Sila
M abberition
hd 6d8= 42
ac= 15=10+3dex+2 natural
int=3
abilities
str: 20=5
dex: 16=3
con 16=3
int: 16=3
wis: 15=2
cha: 20=5
bab: 8/4, grappled 13
attack: claw +13/9, bite +7
damage: claw 1d6+5, bite 2d4+7 +special
full round: 2 claws +1 bite
special: bite, illusion viel, spell like abilities, distraction, improved grab, uncanny dodge, evasion, sneak attack, repulsion
feats: power attack, combat reflexes, dodge, mobility, run
skills: disguise +20, hide +10, move silently +13, climb +10, bluff +10, diplomacy+5
allignment: always E
chalange rating: 8
organization: single, or 1 plus servents

the Sila is a horrific abomination, a twisted bieng left over from the fires of creation. possibly the remains of some time before or some primal creature hidden since ancient times or perhaps some invader from the outer planes. Silas often appear as buetiful woman or men stranded in the desert and seeking help. those that aid them are often captivated by their buety and charms, however it is all a guise. the Sila emmits some sort of hypnotic sonic vibrations, that give a sophisticated mental illusion. because of this physical ability the Sila's disguise cannot be deduced through true sight or other purely magical means. The Sila's true form is that of a twisted insectoid, a sort of hunched spindly skeletal figure draped in skin made otu of many squirming maggots and black tar like mucus. the Sila's true form is never reveled untill it is too late, they snatch their pray and either skin and eat their insides (leaving the hallow skin as suvineers or perhaps as to form egg sacs), or drill through their skull and eat their brain, turning them into a mindless servent. these servents help the Sila in their schemes to find new victims, if they fail to find food after a given time the servents also act as a backup food source.

bite: on a bite attack the Sila can attempt to peirce teh back of the creature's neck with a neddle projection of its mouth, peircing the lower lobe of the brain and injecting a nero poison that breaks down gray matter. the pioson does an initial 2d4 int drain and a sucessive 1d4 every hour. if reduced to 0 int, the creature dies and is raised as a mindless slave to the Sila. slaves produced the same hypnotic effect as their masters, diguising themselves as normal people to hide the effects of deteroration and decay on their bodies. once enslaved they share the Sila's intelligence and maintain a mental link to it, and are able to perfeclty mimic their previous selves, save for the possible drop or increase in intelligence. poison has a fort save of 27

illusion viel: the Sila emmits some sort of hypnotic sonic vibrations, that give a sophisticated mental illusion. because of this physical ability the Sila's disguise cannot be deduced through true sight or other purely magical means. it can choose to appear in any humanoid form it desires, or once per day can create an effect like improved invisability as cast by a 8th level caster. a silence spell nuetralizes teh Sila's illusion, though a deafen spell will not (the waves act by directly stimulating the brain, and need not be actually heard). will save of 30 reveals the Sila's true form.

, spell like abilities: at will, preidigitation, repose body, death kneel. 5 times per day, create undead, ghoul touch, vampire touch, web,

, distraction: the inaudable noise caused by the Sila's illusion effect, creats a subconscious distraction nd cna be detected with an listen 30 check, all others even if they don't hear them must make a concentration 13, to cast spells

improved grab: on a successful 2 claw attacks target becomes grapled
, uncanny dodge,
evasion,
sneak attack: 2d6
repulsion: its true form reveals the horrible form, all who see them must make a fort save of (20) or be sickened and nausiated.

ok there's your reformed ghoul.

Hungerdog
2006-04-07, 04:16 PM
Ok, do a "Hungerdog"...

Orion-the-G
2006-04-07, 04:18 PM
Well to hit you up with another mythological one. Go for "Orion" (the G bit is just for an initial)

Mephibosheth
2006-04-07, 04:35 PM
I'd love to hear what you do with "Mephibosheth."

Just for reference, since few people are familiar with the story:

Then David said, "Is there yet anyone left of the house of Saul, that I may show him kindness for Jonathan's sake?"
Now there was a servant of the house of Saul whose name was Ziba, and they called him to David; and the king said to him, "Are you Ziba?" And he said, "I am your servant."
The king said, "Is there not yet anyone of the house of Saul to whom I may show the kindness of God?" And Ziba said to the king, "There is still a son of Jonathan who is crippled in both feet."
So the king said to him, "Where is he?" And Ziba said to the king, "Behold, he is in the house of Machir the son of Ammiel in Lo-debar."
Then King David sent and brought him from the house of Machir the son of Ammiel, from Lo-debar.
Mephibosheth, the son of Jonathan the son of Saul, came to David and fell on his face and prostrated himself. And David said, "Mephibosheth." And he said, "Here is your servant!"
David said to him, "Do not fear, for I will surely show kindness to you for the sake of your father Jonathan, and will restore to you all the land of your grandfather Saul; and you shall eat at my table regularly."
Again he prostrated himself and said, "What is your servant, that you should regard a dead dog like me?"
Then the king called Saul's servant Ziba and said to him, "All that belonged to Saul and to all his house I have given to your master's grandson.
"You and your sons and your servants shall cultivate the land for him, and you shall bring in the produce so that your master's grandson may have food; nevertheless Mephibosheth your master's grandson shall eat at my table regularly." Now Ziba had fifteen sons and twenty servants.
Then Ziba said to the king, "According to all that my lord the king commands his servant so your servant will do." So Mephibosheth ate at David's table as one of the king's sons.
Mephibosheth had a young son whose name was Mica. And all who lived in the house of Ziba were servants to Mephibosheth.
So Mephibosheth lived in Jerusalem, for he ate at the king's table regularly. Now he was lame in both feet.

2 Samuel 9:1-13

Sneak
2006-04-07, 04:37 PM
Do a Sneak!

Note: this post was not edited because I'm a moron. What kind of moron could mess up a three word post? Anyway, I changed it because I changed ideas.

Really.

Ing
2006-04-07, 04:47 PM
Ok, do a "Hungerdog"...

HUNGERDOG
gargantuan magicla beast (extraplanar)
50d12=560
ac= 26=10 -3size+20 natural-1dex
abilities
str: 30 =10
dex: 8= -1
con= 25=7
int=5 (-3)
wis=8 (-1)
cha 4 (-3)
bab 10/4
attacks: claw +20, bite +15, serpent bite +15
damage: claw 2d10+10, bite 4d8+10
full round: 2 claws + 5 bites, or 8 serpent bites
special: improved grab, rend, breath, fast healing, devour, damage reduction
feats: power attack
allignment: CE
chalange rating: 20
organization: single +4d10 famine spirits

the hungerdog is a horrid beast of pure hunger and venom, created by foul feindish magic by a demon prince. the prince concluded that he was unable to overpower his enemies or conquer the matieral plane, deciding that the next best thing would be to ensure that no one would rule, he created the hunger dog. He was overjoyed with the success of his creation, even as it promplty consumed him and his entire court. the hungerdog never stops eating, it cnsumes everyhthing, animate and un, charging foward s a horrible juggernaut. a gigantic wolven hound with 5 vicious heads, a mane made out of slithering snakes, and skin made out of squirming maggots, the hunger dog is a sight that brings fear into the hearts of men and causes armies to disband and defect.

improved grab, on a succesful bite or 3 succesful serpent bites, Hungerdog cathes the opponent in n automatic grapple

rend: durring a graple from one of the 5 heards, each round bite damage is done to held creature as long as grapple is held

, breath, 2 breath attacks, 1 a cone of acid that deals 8d6 damage initial and 4d6 each round for 2d4 rounds, cone of 50 by 100 feet, the other is a great whirlwind that can either project, acting as a whirlwind spell, or suck in drawing all who fail a reflex of 25 into its threat square. range is 50 by 100. DC is 25 for each

fast healing: 10/no recovery from holy damage,

damage reduction: 20/ +5 weapontry, or holy/blessed weapons

devour: if a hungerdog reduced an opponent to 0 or lower hit points it snatches it into its jaws and swallows it whole, digesting them and destroying their body. for each L creature it digests it gains +20 hp, each M 10, each Small 5, each T 2, etc.

swallow whole: deals 8d6 half blugeon half acid. 50 pts of damage to escape

undead spawn: any corpse that is not compleatly devoured by a Hungerdog raises in 6d10 minutes as a famine spirit that follows the Hungerdog

tape_measure
2006-04-07, 05:16 PM
I'd ask for a tapemeasure.....

but, anh Ill ask anyways!

do a tapemeasure.

or if your feeling non interested in that idea, I've tossed out this to one thread: Were-Platypus

Hungerdog
2006-04-07, 05:34 PM
WOOT!

Look at me, I'm a freakin' mobile Armageddon!

Yeah, baby!

8)

Ishbosheth
2006-04-07, 06:50 PM
If you can do a Mephibosheth, try an Ishbosheth.

HempRope
2006-04-07, 07:18 PM
Something wrong with text, it should read ghul with a line above the u, and sila, with a line above the a.

Cut and paste has it's pit traps.
Can you spell that out out, though, in Arabic? As in, Alif, Baa, Taa...?
I've heard of these, but never really learned much about North African mythology.

Leperflesh
2006-04-07, 08:00 PM
WOOT!

Look at me, I'm a freakin' mobile Armageddon!

Yeah, baby!

8)

With infinite hitpoints, no less. (It gains hit points whenever it eats... no duration listed on those, nor does it call them temporary hit points or damage recovery...)

-Lep

-edit-
Oh, yeah... didn't mean to only complain. Heh.

Do me! Do me!

Ing
2006-04-07, 08:26 PM
yah its an inflatable monster, it started out at 5 hit points, then was inflated as its master fed it some demons, then it ate its master...then things kinda snow balled. Like to see how this thing would do agianst another armageton unstopable monster, who shale remain namelsss...

Lost_Scholar
2006-04-07, 10:03 PM
Curious to see what you come up with for me Ing.

Gralamin
2006-04-07, 10:56 PM
Read the Sword of Truth books series by Terry Goodkind (or wiki it), I'm a wizard of the first Order.

by which I mean DO ME!

CharPixie
2006-04-08, 12:40 AM
A char pixie; a cinder smeared fairy creature, who lives in ashes and travels by moved from chared ashes to chared ashes. (Ash Jump?)

Ing
2006-04-08, 02:14 AM
ok will get these up soon, so far the que is

Mephibosheth (have on planed but failed to type it before
Orion
program locked up)
Sneak (have one in mind)
cinder fairy
Lost Scholar (almost ready)
sheild heart
tape measuer (have one in mind...)
ishabushwhats it need to look this one up

Pedantic
2006-04-08, 02:15 AM
Herald of I was an attempt at wordplay, as one does not generall herald one's self.

If you can make a creature that announces it's own prescence in a way subservient to itself, then you are far more creative than me. ;)

Nerd-o-rama
2006-04-08, 07:01 AM
*Requests*

And I understand that you have a backlog and it'll take a while.

Yuki Akuma
2006-04-08, 08:16 AM
"Yuki Akuma" means "Snow Demon" in Japanese. So... an oriental style freezing cold demon thing, maybe?

Luircin
2006-04-08, 01:12 PM
Luircin: A name I made up while I was bored during class. Eventually it turned into a personal name for a nature guardian, albeit one that lives in fresh water. A medium-sized water elemental-esque thing that looks vaguely like a blue dragon.

InaVegt
2006-04-08, 01:56 PM
Do a humanflame (my younger brothers netname)

Renloth
2006-04-08, 03:45 PM
I'm wondering what can be made for "Renloth".

Ing
2006-04-08, 03:46 PM
Mephibosheth
M outsider (celestrial)
8d6=18
ac= 28 =10+10 natural+3+5 magic
int: 3
abilities
str 12 (1)
dex 15 (3)
con 8 (-1)
int 30 (10)
wis 25 (7)
cha 21 (5)
Bab 6/1
attacks: Staff +9/4, rod 7/2
damage: staff 1d6+1, rod 1d4+1+2d6 holy
full attack: 2 staff, 2 rods or 1 staff 1 rod
saves: f (5) r (2) w (18)
special: flight, sheilding wings, aura of faith, spell like abilities.
feats: weapon finesse staff, 2 weapon fighting, negotiator
skills: diplomacy +10, sense motive 14, knowledge 10
chalange rating 5
allignment: LG

the Mephibosheth is a frail looking angle, propelled by 5 fluttering wings of gold. a human body sits inside teh wings cross legged, its legs are useless limp folds of flesh. The Mephibosheth acts as an advisor and steward to more powerful celestrial, itself being unfit for most combat prefers to act as general or tactician.

specia:
flight: clumsy mobility, 20 feet per round.

sheilding wings: wings provide +10 natural armor and act as an entrophic sheild and sheidl spell, cast by a 8th level caster

aura of faith: adds char to AC and fort save

outsider traits

spelllike abilities

once per week: hero's feast,
3 times per day: aid, virtue, cure serious wonds, heal, talk to dead
5 times per day, produce flame, searing light, day light, cure moderate wounds, neutralize poison
at will: magic missile, cure minor wounds.

Ing
2006-04-08, 03:56 PM
Orion
outsider (celestrial)
6d6= 36
ac= 25 = 10+ 3 light armor +10 dex+ 2 sheild

int= 10
abilities
str: 20 (5)
dex 30 (10)
con 18 (4)
int 10
wis 17 (3)
cha 10
bab: 8/2
attacks: composite long bow 18/12, short sword (18/12)
damage: long bow 1d8+4+2d6 light, 1d6+5
full round: 4 arrows, or 2 short swords
saves: f (4) w (8) r (15)
special: poison weakness
feats: power attack, rapid shot, quick draw, shot on the run, pt blank shot
chlange rating: 10
allignment: CG
organization single +2d6 celestrial wolves

Orions are hunters sent down to collect particularly troubling fiends or other evil beasts. they are expert hunters and archers

special:

poson weakness: takes -4 on fort sves agianst poisons.

Ing
2006-04-08, 08:36 PM
Lepperflesh
S undead
hd: 6d6=18
ac: 20 =10+1(size)+10 (dex)
abilities
str 15 (3)
dex 30 (10)
con _
int 2
wis 10
cha 2
bab: 5, grapple:18
attacks: slam +15
damage 1d4+4
special: undead, empty skin, disease, repulsion. improved uncanny dodge, hover, blind sight
feats:, dodge, weapon finese,
skills: move silently 10, hide 10
chalange rating 5
organizaton 1-6

lepperflesh is a hideous empty suit of human skin. in a twisted occult ritual a lowly lepper is taken and acid is poored through a hole drilled into the top of his skull, disolving his insides and allowing the preserved skin to survive. The drow have been know to use the venom of their giant spiders for exactly this purpose. once prepared the body is raised as a horrible but stealthy undead.

special
undead triats

empty skin: as only a sack of infected disease skin, the lepper flesh has damage reduction 10 agianst peircing (takes a minimum of 1 pt) and damage reduction 20 agianst blugeon

disease, on a slam attack transfers lepperacy, see diseases. fort save 20, inflicts 1d4 con damage, and 1d4 cha damage initially and an extra 1d4 cha every month.

repulsion. the sight of the boneless skin repulses viewers as it oozes and folds. all must make a DC 16 or be sickened and naustiated. oncer pe rhour it can release a gas of nosiating stench fermented from the disolved rot stored inside teh skin, this incnreases teh DC save to 20, and also makes all who breath it in suseptiable to filthrot, an dleperasy, diseeases.

improved uncanny dodge,

light weight: as an empty husk of skin it does not wiegh enough to set off most pressure plates, and can easily climb up walls as if effected by spider climb

, blind sight: automaticly detects any living creature

stretch: though small because of its lack of inside and bones, it maintians the reach and movement of a M sized creature.

Ing
2006-04-08, 08:53 PM
Sneak
tiny abberition
hd 6d4=12
ac= 25= 10+2size+10dex+3 natural
int=11
abilities
str 8 (-1)
dex 30 (10)
con 10 (0)
int 10 (0)
wis 20 (5)
cha 5
bab: 8/3
attacks: claw (18/13)
damage: claw 1d3-1
full round: 2 claws
saves: f (2) r (18), will (8)
special: sneak attack, spell like abilities, improved uncanny dodge. hooked claws
feats: dodge, weapon finese, power
organization 1-4
chalange rating 4

sneaks are small nasty abberitions that hide in the underdark and thick forests. they are weak and poor combatants in one on one fights but incredibly skilled ambushers, making them a dire threat to travelers

sneak attack, 4d6

spell like abilities, 3 times per day: true strike, invsiability, expedatious retreat, silence

improved uncanny dodge.

hooked claws: claws on a sneak attack deal an extra 1 damage bleeding for 1d4 rounds

Ing
2006-04-08, 11:27 PM
I'd ask for a tapemeasure.....

but, anh Ill ask anyways!

do a tapemeasure.

or if your feeling non interested in that idea, I've tossed out this to one thread: Were-Platypus

tapemeasure
tiny magical beast
2d4=8
ac= 15=10+2+3
int=3
abilities
str 2
dex 15 (3)
con 10
int 3
wis 10
cha 7
bab/5
attacks: bite 8
damage: bite 1d2 +con damage
save: f 2, r 5, w 1
special: attach, blood drain, urge, parasite, blind sight
feats: weapon finese,
allignment CN
chalange rating 2

the tape measurer is a long slithering worm like parasite similar to many respects to a very large normal tape worm it gets its name because of its relation and because all happen to be exactly 3 feet in length, making dired out speciimes useful for craftsmanship. a tape measurer prefers to attach as a parasite to the inside of ac reature slippng through a sleeping mouth but will glady attach to the outter arm for a quick snack

attach, on a bite attack can make a grapple (+11) to latch on, for each round grappled it deals bite damage. character can still move unhindered as it is grappled. other can target the tapemeasure while attached, if they miss they have a chacne to damage the player.

blood drain: on each bite deals 1d2-1 con damage. creature gains 1d2-1 temporary hit points

urge, inside a creature a tapemeasrer can effet emotions as the fear, dispair, aid, bears strength, and rage spells as round actions for it at will. it does this to protect its host

parasite, can slip inside a creature and live inside them. it deals 1d6 con damage each day, and gives the player a appitite for fresh blood. if at least 1 pint of warm blood is ingested the damage is negated for that day.

blind sight: is blind and deaf and detects creature through vibrations.

Ing
2006-04-09, 12:00 AM
Lost Scholar
M outsider
6d6= 36
ac= 18 =10+4dex, +4 heavy leather armor jacket
int=6
abilities
str 10
dex 17 (4)
con 12 (2)
int 25 (7)
wis 20 (5)
cha 15 (3)
bab: 6/2 grapple 6
attacks: unarmed 6/2. multi use tool +14
damage; unarmed 1d4, MUT 1d6+8
saves: F (8), R (8) will (13)
special: redudent organs, tools, regeneration
feats: dodge,
skills; knowledge planes 20, knowledge arcania 15, knowledge anatomy 20, knowledge physics 20, knowledge engiineering 20, knowledge dungeonering 20, knowledge psionics 20, knowledge religion 10, open lock 5 +bonus from MPT. knowledge chemistry 20
allignment CG
orgnaization 1 in existence
chalange rating 8

the lost scholar is the last of an extraplanar race. superficially he/they look exactly like humans, but internally their anatomy is grossly diffrent. the lost cholar currently travels the verses seeking meaning and possibly a way to reverse the disaster that destroyed his world, or very least prevent similar form happening to other worlds.

redudent organs: 50% chance critical hits and sneak attacks have no effect. gains a +5 bonus save agianst poisons. and an extra 2 round for holding breath.

tools: the lost scholar posses a number of tools, the last relics of his civilization

multi purpose tool: a small wand like instrument (+5 to slide of hand) that cna produce a number of effects, can act like master work theives tools, masterwork stone cutting and other craftsmanship tools, can read magic, dechiper script, detect magic/psionics, detect poison, and death watch. can also be used once per day to summon the travler's door

Googles: grants an ability like true sight/dark vision

ear peice: automaticly translates any spoken or somatic language

gas mask: filters poisons from the air and makes it breathable to the atomosphere of his home world

Travler's door: this small door frame that appears out of mid air and appears to lead no where. upon opened with the key it leads to the Scholar's base. a vast area filled with collections form his travels a library, a labratory and other works. the door cna be set from the inside to almost any planar and geographic location.

regeneration: when reduced to -10 hit points unless his body is burned or destroyed by magic, his body regernates form fatal injuries at a rate of 5/ day, untill he raises back to 5 hit points. he rerolls his ability scores save INT each time.

Spuddly
2006-04-09, 12:16 AM
Do a Spuddly!

Ing
2006-04-09, 10:12 PM
"Yuki Akuma" means "Snow Demon" in Japanese. So... an oriental style freezing cold demon thing, maybe?

yes i'm familar with it i'll have it up soon

Scorpina
2006-04-09, 10:15 PM
Scorpina - Some kind of girly monstrous scorpion, perhaps? Maybe something tauric...like a drider, but not...

tgva8889
2006-04-09, 11:08 PM
The Tigva (and yes, that is the pronunciation). No idea what it would be. I'm thinking small creature with horns, dark black eyes, sharp teeth, long claws, and a pair of swords. It excels in trickery, and trapping foes under its grasp. Oh, and has mind controling powers, and likes to control "mind-slaves". Usually has a person or two under it's mental domination.

Scorpina
2006-04-10, 01:51 PM
'Tigva'! That's an absolutely brilliant name for a monster. I've no idea why it is, but it sounds absolutely brilliant...

ilovefire
2006-04-10, 03:09 PM
I'm guessing i'll get some sort of Fire Elemental or the like, but still, should be easy enough.

400vip
2006-04-10, 05:36 PM
I'm not going to send in my own name but im eondering what an Atog would be like. (if you need referances it is an M:TG creature that eats other stuff to gain power)

roadkiller
2006-04-10, 05:39 PM
Hehe, Roadkiller. Has a horrible grudge against roads, but no one is sure why. If asked, he will just grunt. He has made his life's purpose to destroy all roads in the world. Unfortunantly he generally ends up hurting himself in the process of destroying the road. Possibly a really pathetic creature.

Aaya
2006-04-10, 05:40 PM
I don't mean to overload you with these, but I'm really curious as to what an "Aaya" is...

Thanks!

:D

Ing
2006-04-10, 10:15 PM
A char pixie; a cinder smeared fairy creature, who lives in ashes and travels by moved from chared ashes to chared ashes. (Ash Jump?)

Char pixie
diminitve fey (fire)
hd 4d4 -4= 3
ac 21=10+4 size+7 dex+
abilities
str 6 (-2)
dex 25 (7)
con 8 (-1)
int 8 (-1)
wis 15 (2)
cha 8 (-1)
attacks: claw+5, blaze (ranged) 14
damage: claw 1d4-2+1d6 fire. blaze 2d4 fire
saves: f (2) R (12) w (5)
special: ash flow, spell like abilities. improved uncanny dodge, fire subtype
feats: dodge
chalange rating 3
organization 1-20
allignment CN

cinder fairys are mischevious imp like fey, who live in burned out remains of forests and buildings. they seem to strive simply for chaos and to irritate travelers

abilities: ash flow: on any flame (not created by them or magical) or cindering remains, the cinderfairy can escape as if the ability to shadow jump and travel to any other lit fire or cinders

spell like abilities
8 times per day: burning hands, flare, daze, mage hand, ghost sound, light, fairy fire, dancing light
5 times per day: scorching ray, heat metal
once per day: fire ball

fire subtype: immune to fire damage, takes half on a succesful save double on a failed agianst cold. water deals 1d4 subduel per leter

Omniplex
2006-04-10, 10:25 PM
Hmm. Omniplex sounds like a shapeshifter of some sort.

Ing
2006-04-10, 11:39 PM
Do a Spuddly!

Spuddly Man
L sized undead (plant)
8d12=42
ac= 17=10-1 size -1 dex +5 natural +2 deflect, +2 magic
int= 0
landspeed: 40 feet
abilities
str: 32 (11)
dex: 9 (-1)
con ___
int 2
wis 8 (-1)
cha 3
BAB 8/2 grapple: 20
attack: slam +19/13: hammer fist +15
damage: slam 1d8+11: 2d8+17
saves: F (_) r (-1) w (2)
special: plant traits, undead traits. spell like abilities. damage reduction. nature spirit. marsh spirit
feats: power attack, improved charge, improved grapple, improved over run
alignment: any
chalange rating 10
organization 1-20 (trove)
advancement: by barbarian class.

the Spuddly men are a bizaar apperation bluring the line between living/dead and animal and plant. created from a dead body infused with nature energy the spuddly becomes a swollen mass of of a human corpse filled with marsh goo and other vegitation. Spudly are often created by druids as an acceptable form of undead or as guardians of a grove. Spuddly are strong but simpleminded, acting as unstopable tanks, living forces of nature

Creating a Spuddly: raise Spuddly can be cast as a 5th level Druid spell. it reuirs a dead body and it to be submerged in a marshland or other type of vegitation rich place which the druid is familiar with. a cleric can take raise spuddly as a 6th level nature of plant domain spell

plant traits, undead traits: has traits of both undead and plants. does not take critical or sneak attack htis, is effected by fire, but is not subject to spells that directly target plants, unless they also have the same effect on undead. cannot be turned, commanded or destroyed by rebuke or turn undead or similar necromancy spells

Rock throw/catch: as giant of this size

spell like abilities.
at will: neutralize poison, rage, bears strength
5 times per day: ensnare, web
3 times per day: growth
once per day: tree jump

damage reduction. 10 damage reductio +4 weapons or fire negates. takes half damage from peirce weapons

nature spirit: takes a +4 bonus when given tasks to protect or avenge nature. is not healed by negative energy and is not harmed by positive energy (healing purposes treat like a plant).

marsh spirit: Sluddy can restore all hit points, ability damage, and lost limbs by returning ot the marsh of its creation and spending a night submerged in its birth place.

mutations
no sluddy ever comes out the same use the beloow chart to assign other abilities
1-10; bark skin: +4 to AC
11-20: thorns: gets +2 to attack damage, deals +1d6 damage each round to grappled creatures. those attacking unarmed or with natural weapons have a 75% chance to take 1d6 damage
21-30: Muddy Sluddy: losses 20 land speed, gains improved grab and the ability to throw globs of mud (+8, 2d4+11) up to 50 feet. globs hit with an effect like web
31-40: poison ivy: touching sluddy requires a fort save 15or takes 1d4 temporary char, and 1d8 subduel damage per hour
41-50: poison pollon blooms: getting within threat range of sluddy requires a fort save of 18 or take 1d4 con damage and an additional 1d4 hp damage for 1d6 rounds
51-60: longer arm: add+4 damage to one arm and -2 to the other
61-70: brute: -30 land speed +5 bonus to strength checks and damage. -3 to dex
71-80: slime: +10 to speed -5 to strength checks and damage, +3 to dex
81-90 line arms: replace slam attacks with dire flails (2d6+11), and gains improved trip feat
91-99: thick skin: gains spell immunity 15, and takes no bonus damage from fire
100: roll twice (if effects contradict eachother, reroll one)

Nahal
2006-04-11, 01:49 AM
The Nahal:
LN outsider, destroys evil spellcasters by giving them a taste of their own medicine. Possible agents of St. Cuthbert.

Ing
2006-04-11, 11:48 AM
The Nahal:
LN outsider, destroys evil spellcasters by giving them a taste of their own medicine. Possible agents of St. Cuthbert.

shouldn't this be LG then???

GungHo
2006-04-11, 05:02 PM
Every time I think of a "GungHo," I think of a golem made of brass casings, but with an actual jar for its "head."

Or a doberman that shoots bees out of its mouth when it barks. (don't ask).

Scorpina
2006-04-11, 05:19 PM
Or a doberman that shoots bees out of its mouth when it barks. (don't ask).

"What're you gonna do? Release the dogs? Or the bees? Or the dogs with bees in their mouthes, and when they bark they shoot bees at you? Well do your worst!"

X15lm204
2006-04-11, 06:39 PM
The best idea I can think of for my name would be some kind of puppeteer/jahi critter that influences groups of savage humanoids into creating massive hordes to wipe out human (and other peaceful races') villages, while indirectly controlling and buffing up the horde's leader. I'm interested in how you might create such a creature.

Edit: There need not be five of them. :)

Tynan
2006-04-11, 07:31 PM
The queue is nice and long by now, but what creature could be called a Tynan, I wonder?

Leperflesh
2006-04-11, 07:48 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to Ing. Great job on Leperflesh, and some of the others are really nice too. Your efforts are appreciated!
-Lep

Ing
2006-04-12, 02:01 AM
Ishbosheth.
M undead
10d6+25=55
AC=25=10+3dex+5 armor+2 sheild+5 magic
Int=3
abilities
str 13 (1)
dex 14 (3)
con_
int 14 (2)
wis 17 (4)
cha 20 (5)
bab 18/12/6/1. graplle 19
attacks: long sword +19/13/7/2. sheild bash 19/13/7/2
damage: long sword 1d8+1 +1d6 negative energy. sheild bask 2d4+1
full round 4 swords or 3 swords and 1 sheild bash
speial: undead, kingly aura, undead king
feats: power attack, combat expertise, leadership, improved sheidl bash
allignment (depending on your interpration of him) LE or LN
organization: 1 +2 servents +1d6 zombies +2d6 skeletons.

Ishbosheth was once a king, chosen by the clerics of his country to succed his father, however a chalanger to the throne appeared bringing the country into civil war. Ishbosheth. was betrayed by 2 of his own who assasinated him expecting a reward. the new king in turn betrayed them and executed them as traiters and cursed them to serve Ishbosheth in the afterlife to atone for their treason. however Ishbosheth was not ready to rest in peace, making a devil's deal with Orcus he was retruned as a sort of quasi-king of the dead, along with his 2 slayers. Ishbosheth seeks to reconquer his birthright, and to fullfill his end of the deal make it a crowning empire and replace the current clergy with a theocracy dedicated to Orcus. he has no qualms about killing his former subjects, as he'd just as easily rull over a land of the dead, all that matters to him is to get back the throne.

undead traits

kingly aura, gains a bonus charisma bonus to ac and to HD gained after his death (half of his HD was granted by Orcus)

undead king: counts as 30 ht die for sakes of turning and the like, cannot be commanded or controled, can control any undead he has come into contact with and placed the seal of Orcus on.

geart:
Golgotha: the sword that the undead undead king wields given to him by Orcus, with it he can place the mark of Orcus on any creature with a touch of the sword to its body (this is not automatic, it does not happen on a normal attack he simply gently touches the sword to the targets body) on undead or dead corpses this causes them to fall under his command regardless of their former creation or master. to the living it effects them like the fear spell (no save through, but an AoO is given to the living target agianst hiim) it also deals an extra 1d6 evil energy and any creature slain by it rises instantly as a marked zombie.
Staff of Orcus: may or may not be in his command, depending on how much you wanna make this guy a threat

Servents/assasins
have been transformed into 2 chain devils. the ends of the chains around their necks are attached to Golgotha, though Ishbosheth can choose to unleash them for certian missions.

Spuddly
2006-04-12, 02:18 AM
Thanks for the Spuddly man. These things are awesome.

alchemyprime
2006-04-12, 02:21 AM
Hm... what would an Alchemyprime be? I had always assumed either an aberration or a living construct... One with a high INT mod, and many levels in wizard, bard or psion... a chaotic alignment.... Oh! and a blue head and a red body in someway! With a metal arm! The ultimate fusion of the transmutaion school of magic and the Autobot leader!

Of course, what ever you make will be fine.

Ing
2006-04-12, 02:41 AM
Scorpina - Some kind of girly monstrous scorpion, perhaps? Maybe something tauric...like a drider, but not...

Scorpina
M shapeshifter
6d8= 24
ac= 19=10+4dex+5natural)
int 4
abilities
dex 17 (4)
con 14 (2)
int 10
wis 12 (1)
cha 10
bab: 6/6/1/1; grapple 16
attacks: claws (11/11/6/6) stinger (15)
damage: claws 1d6+5. stinger 2d6+8 +poison
full atack: 4 claws, 2 stings or 2 claws and 1 sting.
save: f (6) r (8) w (5)
special: poison, shapeshift, spell like abilities
feats: power attack, dodge, improved 2 weapon
chalange rating 8
allignment CE
advancement: as class

Scorpinas are desert dwelling shapeshifters. they appear in teh guise of attracitve young women, but quickly can take the form of monsterous vagluely insect like humanoids, sprouting a chitnous shell, thick claws and a wicked tail. the one trait that give away a hidden Scorpina is the set of mandibles hidden inside their mouths. Scorpinas may stake out an area as their own and protect it, venture into human lands for buisness or pleasure. They seem to enjoy the company of other humanoids and have a heavy blood lust or tate for excitment, often taking tasks as fighters or theives or other dangerous jobs. the apparent lack of males have raised many questions on their reproduction, some suspect they require humanoid hosts, or reproduce asexually or hermaphaditicly and use other creatures as incubaters. their motives and behavior still remains mysterious at large.

poison: on a stinger attack inflicts a nasty poison that inflicts 1d4 str damage initally and 1d4 str and 1d2 con damage every hour. fort save is 17, if initial save is failed a roll can be made each hour to fight off the poisons effects temporarly. ability damage cannot be healed until the poison is neutralized. neutralizes in approxamatly 2d4 days or with a neutralize poison.

shapeshift: as a move action can turn back to a human form. losses natural armor and attacks -3 str and gains +5 cha.

, spell like abilities: at will web, spider climb, acid spray. 3 times per day, magic stone, cat's grace, 5 time per day charm person, mel's acid arrow.

improved grapple: on a successful claw attack can make a grapple check with no AoO,

crush: deals claw damage each round grappled.

Ing
2006-04-12, 02:46 AM
Thanks for the Spuddly man. These things are awesome.

yah, cause Druids wern't nearly kick ass enough

Ing
2006-04-12, 03:11 AM
The Tigva (and yes, that is the pronunciation). No idea what it would be. I'm thinking small creature with horns, dark black eyes, sharp teeth, long claws, and a pair of swords. It excels in trickery, and trapping foes under its grasp. Oh, and has mind controling powers, and likes to control "mind-slaves". Usually has a person or two under it's mental domination.

Tigva
S abberition
6d4=24
ac= 14 =1size+10+3 dex
int=5
abilities
str 10
dex 16 (3)
con 10
int 20 (5)
wis 18 (4)
cha 24 (7)
bab: 4/4 grapple 6
attacks: claws 10/10
damage: claws 1d8+4
full round 2 claws
saves f(4) r (7) w (10)
special: spell like abilities: Rake, claws
organization 1 +2d6 thralls
allignment: LE
advancement: as level (sorceror or psionic)

these nasty abberitions rise from the underdark to pursue some mysterious agenda. often cloaked they naturally work form the shadows, using pawns and servents to do their bidding. when confronted they hide behind their body guard and use their unusally large claws to drag weaker members into mellee. though they often let lackys do their fighter, they often take levels in spell casting

Dominate: 5 times per day can dominate a person will save 18, if failed they fall under the miind control. once per day they can make a will save 18+ #of days enslaved to try to escape and can take a willsave 18 agianst doing an order agianst their allignment.

spelllike abilities:
3 times per day: hideous laughter, black tentacle,

Rake: on a successful claw attack agianst a M or smaller creature can attempt a grapple check if successfrul they can retract their claws draging the target anywhere between them and the Tigya

claws: claws are oddly longly fingered and count as L weapons and has a range of 30 feet.

hewhosaysfish
2006-04-12, 09:49 AM
Well if anyone thinks they think a scary monster that says "fish" then they're welcome (Rip off the Knights-Who-Say-Ni perhaps?) but what I was going to say was:

Roadkiller: Your monster that hates roads and destroys them wherevre possible, it could be some fey/plant nature type thingy that resents this sort of "improvement" of natural terrain by "civilisation". That might work.

RedMage
2006-04-12, 10:00 AM
Oo oo some one do me

Nahal
2006-04-12, 10:10 AM
shouldn't this be LG then???
Not if he uses symbols of pain, flensing, etc

Ishbosheth
2006-04-12, 10:39 AM
Ishbosheth.
M undead
10d6+25=55
AC=25=10+3dex+5 armor+2 sheild+5 magic
Int=3
abilities
str 13 (1)
dex 14 (3)
con_
int 14 (2)
wis 17 (4)
cha 20 (5)
bab 18/12/6/1. graplle 19
attacks: long sword +19/13/7/2. sheild bash 19/13/7/2
damage: long sword 1d8+1 +1d6 negative energy. sheild bask 2d4+1
full round 4 swords or 3 swords and 1 sheild bash
speial: undead, kingly aura, undead king
feats: power attack, combat expertise, leadership, improved sheidl bash
allignment (depending on your interpration of him) LE or LN
organization: 1 +2 servents +1d6 zombies +2d6 skeletons.

Ishbosheth was once a king, chosen by the clerics of his country to succed his father, however a chalanger to the throne appeared bringing the country into civil war. Ishbosheth. was betrayed by 2 of his own who assasinated him expecting a reward. the new king in turn betrayed them and executed them as traiters and cursed them to serve Ishbosheth in the afterlife to atone for their treason. however Ishbosheth was not ready to rest in peace, making a devil's deal with Orcus he was retruned as a sort of quasi-king of the dead, along with his 2 slayers. Ishbosheth seeks to reconquer his birthright, and to fullfill his end of the deal make it a crowning empire and replace the current clergy with a theocracy dedicated to Orcus. he has no qualms about killing his former subjects, as he'd just as easily rull over a land of the dead, all that matters to him is to get back the throne.

undead traits

kingly aura, gains a bonus charisma bonus to ac and to HD gained after his death (half of his HD was granted by Orcus)

undead king: counts as 30 ht die for sakes of turning and the like, cannot be commanded or controled, can control any undead he has come into contact with and placed the seal of Orcus on.

geart:
Golgotha: the sword that the undead undead king wields given to him by Orcus, with it he can place the mark of Orcus on any creature with a touch of the sword to its body (this is not automatic, it does not happen on a normal attack he simply gently touches the sword to the targets body) on undead or dead corpses this causes them to fall under his command regardless of their former creation or master. to the living it effects them like the fear spell (no save through, but an AoO is given to the living target agianst hiim) it also deals an extra 1d6 evil energy and any creature slain by it rises instantly as a marked zombie.
Staff of Orcus: may or may not be in his command, depending on how much you wanna make this guy a threat

Servents/assasins
have been transformed into 2 chain devils. the ends of the chains around their necks are attached to Golgotha, though Ishbosheth can choose to unleash them for certian missions.

Sweet! Nicely done. I'm very impressed with my bad self. 8)

tgva8889
2006-04-12, 05:48 PM
Tigva
S abberition
6d4=24
ac= 14 =1size+10+3 dex
int=5
abilities
str 10
dex 16 (3)
con 10
int 20 (5)
wis 18 (4)
cha 24 (7)
bab: 4/4 grapple 6
attacks: claws 10/10
damage: claws 1d8+4
full round 2 claws
saves f(4) r (7) w (10)
special: spell like abilities: Rake, claws
organization 1 +2d6 thralls
advancement: as level (sorceror or psionic)

these nasty abberitions rise from the underdark to pursue some mysterious agenda. often cloaked they naturally work form the shadows, using pawns and servents to do their bidding. when confronted they hide behind their body guard and use their unusally large claws to drag weaker members into mellee. though they often let lackys do their fighter, they often take levels in spell casting

Dominate: 5 times per day can dominate a person will save 18, if failed they fall under the miind control. once per day they can make a CR 18+ #of days enslaved to try to escape and can take a CR 18 agianst doing an order agianst their allignment.

spelllike abilities:
3 times per day: hideous laughter, black tentacle,

Rake: on a successful claw attack agianst a M or smaller creature can attempt a grapple check if successfrul they can retract their claws draging the target anywhere between them and the Tigya

claws: claws are oddly longly fingered and count as L weapons and has a range of 30 feet.

If the duration of the Dominate is Until they Succeed their Save, and CR means Will Save, then that's awesome.

Speaking at which, what does CR mean when you say CR 18?

Also, if you could, a CR on this would be great. Granted, I need to test it, but still...

Scorpina
2006-04-12, 05:52 PM
Scorpina
M shapeshifter
6d8= 24
ac= 19=10+4dex+5natural)
int 4
abilities
dex 17 (4)
con 14 (2)
int 10
wis 12 (1)
cha 10
bab: 6/6/1/1; grapple 16
attacks: claws (11/11/6/6) stinger (15)
damage: claws 1d6+5. stinger 2d6+8 +poison
full atack: 4 claws, 2 stings or 2 claws and 1 sting.
save: f (6) r (8) w (5)
special: poison, shapeshift, spell like abilities
feats: power attack, dodge, improved 2 weapon
chalange rating 8
allignment CE
advancement: as class

Scorpinas are desert dwelling shapeshifters. they appear in teh guise of attracitve young women, but quickly can take the form of monsterous vagluely insect like humanoids, sprouting a chitnous shell, thick claws and a wicked tail. the one trait that give away a hidden Scorpina is the set of mandibles hidden inside their mouths. Scorpinas may stake out an area as their own and protect it, venture into human lands for buisness or pleasure. They seem to enjoy the company of other humanoids and have a heavy blood lust or tate for excitment, often taking tasks as fighters or theives or other dangerous jobs. the apparent lack of males have raised many questions on their reproduction, some suspect they require humanoid hosts, or reproduce asexually or hermaphaditicly and use other creatures as incubaters. their motives and behavior still remains mysterious at large.

poison: on a stinger attack inflicts a nasty poison that inflicts 1d4 str damage initally and 1d4 str and 1d2 con damage every hour. fort save is 17, if initial save is failed a roll can be made each hour to fight off the poisons effects temporarly. ability damage cannot be healed until the poison is neutralized. neutralizes in approxamatly 2d4 days or with a neutralize poison.

shapeshift: as a move action can turn back to a human form. losses natural armor and attacks -3 str and gains +5 cha.

, spell like abilities: at will web, spider climb, acid spray. 3 times per day, magic stone, cat's grace, 5 time per day charm person, mel's acid arrow.

improved grapple: on a successful claw attack can make a grapple check with no AoO,

crush: deals claw damage each round grappled.

Impressive. I like it. Thanks!

*plans campaign around it*

Ing
2006-04-12, 07:48 PM
If the duration of the Dominate is Until they Succeed their Save, and CR means Will Save, then that's awesome.

Speaking at which, what does CR mean when you say CR 18?

Also, if you could, a CR on this would be great. Granted, I need to test it, but still...

fixed it. Cr was supposed to be the DC on the will save.
so to not do a command that goes agianst alignment they can make a DC18 will save, this dosn't free them but it prevents them from following orders. to successfully free themselves they must make a DC 18+ the number of days they've been enslaved, the longer their imprisoned the weaker their will gets.

I'd give it about a 4 CR, usually around 8 since i'd give a good one as a BBEG 4-5 levels of psion or sorceror

That Lanky Bugger
2006-04-12, 07:50 PM
Myself, I suppose. Roughly CR 12, ideally, and a humanoid troll-type thing.

Thanks in advance!

Ing
2006-04-12, 07:54 PM
thank u for the positive feedback.

just a note, if you're unsatifsied state and i can reroll you back into the end of the que. if you decide to use anything it'd be great if you could give a follow up post telling me/us how well it went, whether anything needs to be retweaked or if the CR needs to be altered.

on another note i'm thinking of reposting some of the previous namesakes i did on the funniest monster thread here, just to get all the ducks in the same flock. anythoughts. my favorites include the illsbane, vorpral tribble, jackman, and john-d

Caelestion
2006-04-12, 08:38 PM
Well, I dunno how you would do any of my names - all my names come from people who already have character sheets!
*thinks*

Thelandrin - drudic, Elven and panther themes, if you think you can fit them all in.

fireinthedust
2006-04-12, 10:37 PM
Do you have these critters pre-designed, or do you really start from scratch every time? You're on a definite roll here with the quality coolness.

fireinthedust: some sort of fiery desert paladin or cleric critter would be good, or a celestial Efreeti. I got the name when I decided to be a man of quality and integrity amdist the dust around me... yeah, it was during a breakup, but when you're 19-20 everything feels important dammit!!!

Ing
2006-04-12, 10:56 PM
1) i know what you mean about the breakup...actually by your description sounds like we dated the same girl....lol
2) unless i'm a future psychic, which i'm not, it is from scratch based on the name any historical refrence or word assosiation my mind comes up with. if i had them premade the que wouldn't be so slow.

Altair_the_Vexed
2006-04-13, 07:39 AM
Altair the Vexed would be too easy - he's just a high level rogue with swashbuckling pretentions - so...

Make us a Great Defender of the People, the Son of the Lake Dweller! [that's what my real name means]

He ought to be Celtic and/or Norse inspired, but other than the name, just go for it. Size, form, feats, all up to you.

Thiel
2006-04-13, 07:50 AM
Thiel
S outsider
hd: 6d6= 30
ac= 23= 10+1 +7(dex)+5(deflect)
abilities
str 5 (-3)
dex 24 (7)
con 10
int 10
wis 15 (3)
cha 20 (5)
attacks: slam +10, bite +8
damage; slam 1d4-3, bite 1d4-3+poison
full attack; 3 slams (10/8) and 1 bite (8)
special: flight, hoodwink, spell like abilities. sneak attack
feats: dodge, combat reflexes, mobility, weapon fineese
organization 1 or flock (3-8)
treasure: standard+1 medium magical item+1 bag of holding
skills: move silently 17, hide 20.

Thiel: are small flighty imp like creatures from the higher planes. propelling themselves ahead on 4 humminb bird like wings, these small creatures coated in yellow downy fluff. 4 tentacles dangle form its body and a small bird like head peeks up out of the top. Thiel are the higherplanes answer to Imps, they are often sent as messangers, the greatest problem is their joy in shiny objects, leading them to act with apparent gleeful kleptomania.
special:
flight: fly at a speed of 30feet per round, with fly by attack and perfect mobility.
hoodwink: gains a bonus of +5 on slight of hands used to pick pockets, a stolen item automaticly slips into the bag of holding.
spell like abilities
at will: magic missile, cure light wound, virtue, mage hand presidigitation
5 times per day: magic missile, true strike, foxes cunning, sleep, hypnotic pattern, day light.
3 times per day, shocking grasp
poison: fort save 15 1d6 str damage and 1d4 str every hour
sneak attack: +1d6

This is one of Ings earlier creations and i just wanted to ask. What is the CR?

soylentplaid
2006-04-13, 02:50 PM
But the REAL question is, can he do a soylentplaid???

Ing
2006-04-13, 03:10 PM
This is one of Ings earlier creations and i just wanted to ask. What is the CR?

ah i see that i made their HD too hight

i imagin around 4 with current HD if i lower it around 2

Randomman413
2006-04-13, 03:28 PM
Me next! Me next!
Please?
If it's cleric related, though, you'll have to die...
ROCK ON! ;D

soylentplaid
2006-04-13, 05:46 PM
I'm first (note second to previous post!)

Sneak
2006-04-13, 06:18 PM
I know you already made a Sneak...but if you made an Auron I would be grateful.

Athanatos
2006-04-13, 11:20 PM
Oooooh, I'd LOVE to be at the end of the queue for this. Please do an Athanatos once you've finished with everyone before me?

Oh, and it's the Greek word for "immortal", if that helps.

Ing
2006-04-14, 12:14 AM
Oooooh, I'd LOVE to be at the end of the queue for this. Please do an Athanatos once you've finished with everyone before me?

Oh, and it's the Greek word for "immortal", if that helps.

Hmmm might be a good excuse to do a highlander type immortal template...only horribly warped....get back to you on that

Ing
2006-04-14, 12:23 AM
current que
* means has priority since i don't have to think as hard
dire chinchilla*
Gralamin Shieldheart
heraldofiA*
Nerd-o-rama
Yuki Akuma" *
Luircin: *
humanflame*
"Renloth"
ilovefire
Atog*
Roadkiller.*
Aaya*
Omniplex*
The Nahal:*
GungHo," *
Tynan
hewhosaysfish*
Alchemyprime*
RedMage
That Lanky Bugger*
Thelandrin -
fireinthedust:*
Altair the Vexed
Soylentplaid
The High Priest of Banjo*
Athanatos*
Auron*

Ing
2006-04-14, 01:00 AM
The Great Self and Its Heralds
g outsider

Self
55d8=220
ac= 29 =10-3size+0 dex+10 natural+12 magic
int= 1
abilities
str 55=22
dex 10=0
con 22=6
int 30=10
wis 35=12
cha 9=-1
bab=5: grapple 30
attacks: slam+13/13, ray+12/10/8
damage: slam 3d8+22, ray 4d6
full round: 2 slams, or 3 rays or 1 slam and 2 rays
saves: r(-3), F(+18) w (20)
special: spell like abilities, heralds, rays, flight
feats: power attack,
organization: self pluse 4 heralds
chalange rating: 20

The Cosmic Self is a looming God like entity, from the plane of chaos, seeking to consume all of space/time magic, it acts as a bizaar agent of creation and destruction, seeking power apparently for the soul purpose of having power. whether it is chaotic, lawful or not cannot be determined...it is truely alien, though aparently hostile and if not evil then very near. it appears as an angelic body ellivated by 12 wings made of crystals, and its body is surronded in a crystaline shell around the shoulders and torso. from its exposed waste several astral ambilical cords attach the other parts of his body his heralds to him. at close range tentacles reach out and physicly connect these heralds, replenishing them, at further range they move under orders. he typicly sends them ahead into new planes to scout out the areas and see if it can be conquered consumed or is liviable. fortunatly most atmosphers from the material planes are harmful to him, and it requires the aid of outside spellcasters to survive in those planes without collapsing in on his own mass.

spell like abilities, caster level 18
at will:
reverse gravity, telekensis, black tentacles, mage armor, produce flame, flame strike, magic missile, frost ray, scorching rays
8 times per day;
true strike, fire ball, fire sheild, cone of cold, hale storm, lightning bolt, unholy blight, resist energy, stone spikes
5 times per day
disintigrate, call lightning, delayed fireball, phatasmal killer, prismatic wall, chain lightning, ice storm, summon monster iv, fire storm, whirlwind, earth quake
3 times per day
finger of death, power word stun, meteor storm

heralds: see bellow

, rays: can cast rays of lightning, cold, heat, or negative energy type.

flight: clumsy mobility:

heralds
m appendage/outsider
hp= 10d6=42
ac= 26=10+2dex+8 natural+6 magic
int=8
abilities
str 25=7
dex 15(2)
con 22 (6)
int 30=10
wis 35=12
cha 9=-1
bab= 8/2. grapple=9
attacks: slam 15/9, sword: 16, ray: 10
damage: 2d4+7. word 2d6+10, ray 2d6
full round 2 slams or 1 sword
saves: r (10) f (3) w (15)
special: spell like abilities, flight, ray
chalange rating: 10

heralds appear as smaller versions of the Self compleatly coated in crytal shells. each is assigned an energy type and reacts accordingly. they can travel away from their Self but must reutrn within 6d6 weeks or starve to death. unlike the SElf they can fairly enter most realms and scout it out for the Self

spell like abilities, as 15 level spell caster

for fire
at will, burning hands, produce flame, daze, flare, sunlight
8 times per day: scorching ray, heat metal
5 times per day: fire ball, fire strike
3 time per day, delayed fire ball, metor storm, fire storm

for cold
at will: cone of cold, chill metal
8 times per day: ice storm, hale storm, wall of ice
5 times per day: fire sheild ice version
3 times per day: stone spikes, control water

lightning
at will: shoking grasp, paralize
8 times per day, true strike, lightning bolt
5 times per day: call lightning
3 times per day: chain lightning, whirlwind

negative
at will: inflict moderate wounds, black tentacle,
8 times per day: crushing dispair, unholy blight
5 times per day: protection from good, inflict serious wounds
3 times per day: phatasmal killer, power word kill

flight, perfect mobility

ray: of a type per the type designated for that herald, negative, lightning cold fire

ok need work probably this was the hardest one i've ever did!

Ing
2006-04-18, 03:17 AM
Yuki Akuma
M Spirit
6d12=42
ac= =10+3
abilities
str 15 (3)
dex 15 (3)
con 12 (1)
int 10
wis 13 (1)
cha 22 (6)
bab, grapple: 6. 11
attacks: unarmed +9
damage: 1d6+3
full round: 2 unarmed: 6/2
special: spelllike abilities, chilling touch, breath, aura of cold, cold subtype, kiss
feats: none
chalange rating 6
organization: always single

Yuki Akuma are quasi-elemental spirits that reside on tall mountian tops and other artic regions. Scholars have yet to determin whether they are some sort of demonic elemental akin to a succubis, a deceased and twisted spirit, some sort of undead, or a fey like creature. they appear as bueatiful humanoids, typicly either human or elf, though accounts varry, it has been hypothatsised that their apperance is based on an idealized feminine archtype held by the beholder. if true this makes their deception all the more deadly. they seek to draw travelers astray on the cold pathers either to seperate weak ones from the group where they can easily finish them, or to lead entire groups off trails and slowly watch them freeze until they are weak enough to be handled directly. if they think they can gain more from using a person or group they'll keep them alive, often possing as a young woman in destress to gain their sympathy. once their goal is obtained they either abandon the group or lead them to an icy grave.

special:

spelllike abilities,
8th level caster
at will: charm, ray of frost, ice slick (grease, but a coat of ice for flavor),
8 times per day: lesser orb of cold*, gust of wind, fog cloud (snow flurry for flavor),
5 times per day: orb of cold, sleet storm,
3 times per day: ice storm, cone of cold
once per day: wall of ice, freezing sphere,

chilling touch: can chose to wrap freezing energy around their hands and body, upon contact they immediently begin to make a grapple attempt with no AoO. if succdede the target's skin is frozen to the creature's own. breaking away from this grapple without somehow melting the ice deals 1d6 rending damage,

breath, once per 1d4 rounds, a cone of cold air and range of 10 by 20 snow, deals 2d6 damage, freezes all liquids, reduces movment by 10 feet for 2d6 rounds (stacking upon multiple breaths). items hit by this attack including armor and weapons have an increased 10% chance of breaking when hit (stacking). reflex 15 halves, damage but negates movement hindering

aura of cold: can raise or lower an aura of immense cold at will. all within 10 feet notice a change in temperature. when lowered to its minimum the surronding temperature still drops by 1d6 degrees (f, 1d4 d c). at max it deals 2d4 cold damage to all in threatened range, and effects all metal within 10 feet as the chill metal spell

cold subtype: no damage from cold, double from fire on a failed save half on a successful

kiss: upon kissing a player, they can choose to drain the heat straight from their body, feuling themselves and reducing the target a cold liveless corpse in a matter of minutes. this deals a temprary 1d4 con damage per round kissed, and gives the creature a bonus hit die for every 3 con damage dealt (cumalative not per round), often they use this tactic while also cranking up their aura of cold, and chilling touch (when kissed it then acts like a grapple...thus pulling away deals 1d6 as some flesh from the lips is riped off...yah ow...) to truely decimate a target or surronding allies who'd seek to help him.

Ing
2006-04-18, 03:29 AM
Dire chinchilla
s beast
hp= 2d6= 8
ac= 15 =10+3dex+1 natural+1 size
int= 5
abilities
str 10
dex 14 (3)
con 12 (1)
int 4
wis 10
cha 3
bab 3
attack: bite +2, claw+6
damage: bite 1d4+2, claw 1d4
full round: 2 claws 6/6 and 1 bite or 4 claws 6/6/3/3
special: sand kick, burrow
feats: weapon finese, run
skills: jump+6, climb+4
chalange rating 1
allignment CN
organization (1-8)

shy furry rodent like creature noted for very soft fur, dire chinchillas are a rarely sceen but much prized animal. often sought for by trappers for their hide, they are reclusize and shy. when abducted they will often prefer to run than fight, kicking sand in attackers face, rather than fight. when cornered they posses a nasty bite

sand kick: in sandy or dusty terrian (their prefered habitate), they can kick sand up into the air with impressive accuracy and skill. hits in a spray of 10 feet by 5 feet wide. those hit take a fort or are dazed for 1 round and take a -4 on attacks.

Gdrad
2006-04-18, 03:31 AM
If you could make a 1 HD, evil outside that isn't too strong. Id be quite happy. *Not with the name Gdrad -.-*
Someone CR 1ish.

Ing
2006-04-19, 04:32 PM
GungHo
L construct
8d12= 42
ac= 19 =10-1 size+8 natural+2 dex
int= 3
abilities
str 18 (4)
dex 14 (2)
con _
int 8
wis 10
cha 2
bab 7/2 graple 12
attack: slam+11,
damage: slame 1d8+4
full round: 2 slams (11/6)
saves fort _ ref 2 will 6
special; bee swarm, body slam, grapple slam
feats: power attack, spring attack
organization single
allignment NN
chalange rating 6

the gunghoe is an odd construct with a body made from a solid metal base, arms made of many interlocking limbs, 2 short tripple jointed legs and a head of a brass decorative pot or other vessel, usually witha face painted on it. the gungho is used to protect and guard various locals, and often confuses nd throws of adventures with its unorthadox tactics

bee swarm, as a partial action the gungho can remove the lid to its head/top unleashing a swarm of bees, or other flying creatures at the opponents. the swarm counts as either a M size swarm of appropriate type, or as a breath attack for 1 round dealing 4d6 damage. if used as a breath attack the swarm immedietly returns to the pot after the round, if used as a swarm the swarm remains outside striking at the targets as anormal swarm would. should the swarm be disperssed the insects regroup inside the chamber pot, and reform the swarm in 2d4 rounds. if gungho is reduced to 0 hit points while the swarm is in place, the swarm immediently disperses and falls appart

body slam, as a full round attack, the gungho can hurl itself at any opponent m or smaller in its threat range. making a melee touch attack it inflicts 4d8+6 damage to the opponent and pins them to the ground. they can push off the gungho with a str check of 25, or wait for it to return to its feet. it is considered prone while pinning a target, but can still strike out with its limbs and swarm. target cannot move while pinned or attack.

grapple slam: when a successful grapple check is made agianst a m or smaller creature gungho immediently lifts the target into the air and slams them hard agianst any near surface. typicly they turn them upside down and hurl them point blank into the floor, or ceiling, or swing them like a mace agianst the wall. this deals 2d8 +4d6 +6 damage and has a crit multipler of 3 instead of 2. if another target is within threat range, it can chose to swing the grappled enemy into the other dealing 1d8+2d6+3 damage to each of them. slamed target must make a fort save = to damage inflicted or be stunned for 1d2 rounds.

Ing
2006-04-19, 07:37 PM
Tynan
H monsterous humanoid
4d10=50
ac= 22 =10-2 size+8 natural +2 deflect+4 armor
int=2
speed: 60
abilities
str 25=7
dex 12=1
con 20=5
int 9=-1
wis 13=2
cha 10
bab: 6/1 . grapple 2
attack: bite +4, great axe+9/4
damage: bite 2d6+10, great axe=2d8+13
saves: F 10, R 4, w 2
special: roar, trample, rending bite, swallow whole, not-a-sprinter
feats: power attack, weapon spec, weapon focus,
skills jump 11, intimidate 8, swim 12, survival 8
treasure: 1/2 standard 25% coins
allignment: usualy CE
organization: single or triad
CR= 6

Tyrans are large reptillians, superfically resembling a large crocadillian. they posses a muzzled mouth with large over sized powerful jaws, small yellow beady eyes usually hooded by a brow crest a crocadillian underbelly, a thick almost rubbery scally hide, long powerful tail, and relativly short frail looking arms. they often patrol their territory or caves seeking pray or simply smaller creatures to bully. somehow these brutes learned finer combat and rarely is one seen without a battle helm, arm and leg armor, and their favored weapon of some large great pole axe. iinterestingly their gear seems to be of very fine qualaty...it is unknown if they themselves are smiths or if they somehow have obtained these large specally fitted gear. their favorite tactic is burst otu of the woods in ambush, roaring to panic pray and swinging their axe, wounding any paniced target they can hit. they then use their powerful scent to track from the blood trail, the target of the group they think was most wounded. when 3 work together one will charge head long, provoking a party into combat. once the party is engaged the 2 others will charge from either end of the woods trampling over the party before running back to the other side, then they will position themselves flanking the party 2 on one side 1 on the other.

roar: their roar is an echoing horrible sound. those who hear it make a will save of 17 if failed they become paniced and effected by fear

trample,

rending bite: upon a grapple attempt with a bite attack, it lifts the opponent into the air and shakes them, dealing bite damage each round the grapple is held

swallow whole,

gear

+3 great axe, halbred, pole axe, or sythe. G size

might need to increase CR on this one

Ing
2006-04-19, 07:55 PM
If you could make a 1 HD, evil outside that isn't too strong. Id be quite happy. *Not with the name Gdrad -.-*
Someone CR 1ish.

first just one for fun

wigth
S outsider
1d4=4
ac= 11 10+1 size
int= 1
abilities
str 8 -1
dex 10
con 10
int 2
wis 10
cha 2
bab= 3. grapple 5
attacks slam +3
damage: slam 1d4-1
full round: 1 slam
saves: R 3, F 4, will 1
special: wail, spores, energy draw, spell like abilities
feats; nada
treasure: none
organization: 6-20
CR=1/2

Wigths are the remains of poor foolish mortals who sought to make a deal with a fiend or night hag or the like. when they failed to meet their end of the bargian, they lost their soul and life force. it was drained out of their body syphoned for the outsiders own evil, and leaving them a nearly imobile withered creature. they resemble large poylips, with a base of 4 tentacles and a neck propping up their head, the only part of their body that remained normal sized. their skin has withered all hear has fallen out and their eyes shallow empty holes. they are mindlessly dedicated to their master now...having no other life than service and perpetual missery. often groves of them serve as a first line of defense...though they're not likely to repell strong invasions they're able to delay them and alert the master to their prescence. for this reasons often a swarm of them will be planed in caverns or at the entrence hte lairs. only by destroying the caster can they be returned to normal. many see killing them as an act of mercy

wail: they emit a constant wail of perpatual suffering...normallyy this provids a destraction that gives -1 to rolls and checks and a DC of 15 for spell casters. 1d4 rounds they increase the pitch to an unbearable level. all must make a will save of 15 or be effected as if under the spell crushing dispair

spores: one d6 rounds they can release a cloud of spores. those that breath it in must make a fort save of 14 or take 1d4 damage for 2d8 rounds

energy draw: spell caster can drain energy from them to power a spell. it takes roughly 2 wigths to power a 1st level spell. when drained they become limp and lifeless for 1d4 days until they recover to their normal missrible selves

spell like abilities: at will daze, flare, ghost sound, inflict minor wounds (1 damage)

second your order

MagFlare
2006-04-19, 08:29 PM
These are nice, Ing.

Could you do a magflare? It'd probably be some sort of sentient solar flare, but feel free to get creative.

subzerosako
2006-04-19, 09:41 PM
uhm...uhm...uhm....Hoplite of the damned....those bunch up to form a Phalanx of the Lost. the pop up whenever a particuarly bloody war has been waged where many, many people have died. Also are the Legionnares of the Slaughter which group up to form the Cohort of chaos. Same thing pretty much. if both appear in the same campaign, they pick sides and take general commands from the top authorityon the side they fight from. When either teh Hoplites or theLegionnares are destroyed, the remaining outsiders slaughter every living thing involved in the war. And the souls of thos slain by teh outsiders are consumed to replenish their casualties and expand their respective hordes.

Ing
2006-04-19, 10:16 PM
uhm...uhm...uhm....Hoplite of the damned....those bunch up to form a Phalanx of the Lost. the pop up whenever a particuarly bloody war has been waged where many, many people have died. Also are the Legionnares of the Slaughter which group up to form the Cohort of chaos. Same thing pretty much. if both appear in the same campaign, they pick sides and take general commands from the top authorityon the side they fight from. When either teh Hoplites or theLegionnares are destroyed, the remaining outsiders slaughter every living thing involved in the war. And the souls of thos slain by teh outsiders are consumed to replenish their casualties and expand their respective hordes.

i'm sorry i'm afraid i don't follow....is this a request or a criticism. i don't understand

Dragonmuncher
2006-04-19, 10:51 PM
All right, just TRY to make a monster out of my name...

Ing
2006-04-20, 01:15 AM
All right, just TRY to make a monster out of my name...

Dragon Muncher
L magical beast
16d12+48=144
ac= 28= 10-1 size+7 dex+12
int=7
abilities
str 20 (5)
dex 23 (7)
con 15 (3)
int 8 (-1)
wis 10
cha 5
Bab; 18. graple 23
attacks: claw +25, bite +23
damage: claw 1d8+5. bite 3d6+7
fullround: 5 claws or 1 bite
save: fort: 13, reflex 17, will 5
special: spell resistence 10, spell like abilities, breath attack, ambush, poison, specalized anatomy, regeneration, dragon ebola, freakish anatomy
feats: power attack, dodge, weapon finese, multi wapon fighting, improved invasion
skills: jump+18, climb+20, hide, 10
organization: 1 or triad
allignment: CN
chalange rating: 12

Dragon munchs are perhaps one of the few natural predators to dragons. these large beasts have a single central disk like body surronded by 5 long spider legs, coated in a thick bristly white hair. the central disk has 1 large mouth with at least 5 rows of teeth, surronded by 6-12 eyes. they live in rocky areas or other places dragons might be found. they will eat nearly any creature, but favor dragons specificly. they often wait for a dragon to leave its layer before striking in ambush, jumping onto the dragon and bringing it to the ground where it rends and bites untill it is dead. these battles have been epic and at times have resulted in surronding areas or villages being leveled. Munchs benefit from their more agile nature, running cirlces around dragons and dodging their attacks, but lack the intelligence of their favorite pray.

spell resistence 10,
spell like abilities
at will,
web, spider climb
3 time per day, acid fog
once per day cloud kill, energy resistence,

breath attack: a cone of foul acidic breath. it deals 6d6 acid damage, and to dragons also inflicts their poison, and carries in it a bacterium stored in the Munch's gut specificly evolved to chew through dragon flesh. the dragon must make a forst save of 37 or becomes stricken with Scale Ebola... after 2d6 rounds the scales of the dragon begin bleed and break down, lowering their natural armor by 1 and dealing 1d4 con damage. this damage continues every hour the fort save is failed.

ambush: Munch's favored tactic is to jump upon dragon's backs bringing them down to the earth. this surprise sneak attack deals 6d6 bonus damge to targets, and in the air causes them to drop unless they can make a 40 flight check. if they drop the target also takes the appropriate fall damage

Poison: a munch's bristles are coated in a fine venom, on a successful claw or bite attack the target must make a fort save 32 or become paralized for 2d6 rounds. opponents that attack with natural weapons must also make a save or be inflicted by the poison

allaround vision: the munch's anatomy makes it impossible for others to sneak up on it,

specalized anatomy: due to their shape the Munch is much more attuned to fighting large creatures or bigger dragons...it has a hard time trackng and following M-small creatuers, giving it a -10 on attacks agianst them. the Munch prefers to use its web to keep them in once place so it can finish these small annoying targets. dragons often find themselves annoyed, at having to hire small pathetic humans or other creatures to protect them from their most dreaded foe.

regeneration: if a limb is lost it regrows it back in 2d6 months

dragon ebola: disease, see breath weapon. inflicted upon a bite attack

freakish anatomy: its strange anatomy provides several benefits. 1) easy movement, every way is front to it, it can move backwards as easily as fowards and side to side, allowing it to treat any target in its theat area as if it were facing it. 2) easy pick up. its multiple limbs allow it to get back up from a prone position faster. 3) elevated body. its pentapod type structure provides an unfortunate draw back...S and lower creature can hide beneth it where it has no eyes and it cannot find them. when attacking them its acts as if they have total concealment, they also gain a +5 bonus against attacking it.

Tactics
upon finding a dragon, precombat, casts energy resistence of the type it thinks the dragon's breath weapon is. fiinds a high point which it can use its impressive jump to strike

Surprise round: when dragon exists lair and takes flight it ambushes, landing on dragons back and dealing 1 full round attack +bonus sneak attack and fall damage. if missed it lands on the ground and tries to web dragon.

1st round: specifies dragon as dodge target, if it has pinned the dragon with its ambush it bites and slashes for antoher full round, trying to poison or sicken it, if it missed it tries its breath attack

2nd round: if winning it continues to attack, if lossing it retreats to find cover, if dragon follows it ambushes it agian dealing sneak attack.

Nerd-o-rama
2006-04-20, 03:32 AM
If it helps, I could settle for an NPC named Nerd O'Rama...

Umbilical_Lotus
2006-04-20, 04:46 AM
My name just SCREAMS for some sort of horrible application. And it's likely I'm an aberration as well, which fits in nicely with my physical appearance. Whee. Let's see.

I'd likely be a shapechanger of some sort, as I'm creative and intelligent enough to make up fascinating personalities and forms for myself, but mercurial enough to only play with them for a short time before abandonning them to go do something else. I have an affinity for magic, especially illusions, and like playing with the perceptions of the world around me as much as I like playing with my own physical form. Essentially, my two biggest defining characteristics would be my mutability and my creativity, as I seek to alter myself and my world into its brilliant, picturesque ideal, which changes whenever a new idea pops into my head. This is likely due to my weak, revolting natural appearance; a Hephaestos scenario, with alteration, beauty and art born from deep and truthful longing to be something else.

TBPBenni
2006-04-20, 06:14 AM
Wow, these are some really useable creatures. I plan on using the Mephibosheth and Lost Scholar almost immediately, and want to introduce the dire chinchilla as a ranger companion ASAP (Tier 1 pet, you think?). I also really dig the idea of the Hungerdog tearing through a densely populated area, leisurely grabbing and tossing panicked commoners into the air and catching them in its giant maw like they were biscuits.

I don't think TBPBenni would make a good monster (it would probably end up something like a cynicism elemental, which while amusing, would probably just sit in a hole brooding all day and not be useful to anybody), but I thought I'd share my other two user IDs for other sites and see if you thought one was useable -- Nemo (latin for "nobody", astonishingly intelligent character) and Boomer (No relation to AD Police I swear). I would've picked one but I'm a slacker like that. ;p

But seriously, that dire chinchilla is awesome.

subzerosako
2006-04-20, 11:33 AM

thats two monsters really, that have an ability to bunch up to form the phalanx and the roman cohort. and a little background and behaviorl stuff. Its up to you to make the rest.

Ing
2006-04-20, 03:08 PM
For a truely horrific experience....great if you wanna give a trojan horse to your players. give them the gift that keeps on giving...UNTIL IT CONSUMES YOUR VERY SOUL!!!!!!

soylentplaid
M undead (symbiot, ooze)
2d6=6
Ac= 15 =10+2natural+3 dex
int=3
abilities
str 13 (+2)
dex 15 (3)
con none
int 2
wis 12 (1)
cha 1
bab 2: graple 10
attacks: slam +4, bite +4
damage: slam 1d6+2, bite 2d4+4
full round: 2 slam (4/2) and 1 bite (4)
saves: Fort (nada) R (7) will (2)
feats: dodge, uncanny dodge, improved uncanny dodge
special: all around vision, flesh graft, flesh eater,
organization: 1
chalange rating 2

soylentplaid are strange symbiotic undead made from the boiled and prepared flesh of the living. to be created a living creatures is baked alive in a specaliy made cursed oven or cauldren. the baked meat is then boiled to remove it from the bones. the boned meat is minced and disolved with minor ammounts of acid to form a liquid meaty paste, which is then rebaked in the oven while a ritual takes place. when its done a amorphous ooze like undead is created. while week on its own the soylentplaid is specally made to boster its host, or devour its host depending on its caster's wishes. it can equally be a vicious parasite or beneficial symbiot...when attached it wraps itself around the frame of its host, giving them a horrific apperance of having an extra layer of liquid meaty skin coated in sharp barbs and teeth.

all around vision: grants its host this ability as well...for sake of gaze attacks the all around vision is more of a 6th sense, and less of a true sense of sight

flesh graft: on a sucessful grapple can graft to a willing or unwilling host. fort save of 19 is needed to fight it off. the host gains the following abilities

spell like ability: web, spiderclimb, dark vision
natural weapon slam
str+2
dex+3
+2d6 hd
+2 natural armor
+5 to hide
+2 to spot
+2 bab

flesh eater: unless the spell repose corpse is cast on the target the soyletplaid slowy eats away the hosts body. each day the symbiot is attached it converts 1 hd of its host to a bonus permanent hd of its own. when combined it is hard to tell the diffrence as host and symbiot share HD, a heal check of 18 reveals the truth. when half of the creature's hd is converted the host begins to loose intelligence taking a (-5 INT drain) he takes an additional 1d2-1 int drain every day slowly becoming more and more mindless. once all the creature's hd is converted to the symbiot the host dies and is compleatly absorbed by the symbiote. his body is lost and the symbiote spits out his bones. the symbiote then permenatly gains the natural AC, BAB, HD and save modifiers of its host...becoming a much more menacing threat. occasionaly once it absorbes more than 6-8 hd it reprodues splitting up into numerous smaller syolentplaids each with 2 hit die.
a beefed u soyletplaids CR is equal to 3+# of hit die absorbed/2

Ing
2006-04-20, 03:09 PM
Wow, these are some really useable creatures. I plan on using the Mephibosheth and Lost Scholar almost immediately, and want to introduce the dire chinchilla as a ranger companion ASAP (Tier 1 pet, you think?). I also really dig the idea of the Hungerdog tearing through a densely populated area, leisurely grabbing and tossing panicked commoners into the air and catching them in its giant maw like they were biscuits.

I don't think TBPBenni would make a good monster (it would probably end up something like a cynicism elemental, which while amusing, would probably just sit in a hole brooding all day and not be useful to anybody), but I thought I'd share my other two user IDs for other sites and see if you thought one was useable -- Nemo (latin for "nobody", astonishingly intelligent character) and Boomer (No relation to AD Police I swear). I would've picked one but I'm a slacker like that. ;p

But seriously, that dire chinchilla is awesome.

for the Nemo would you like me to take a
1) 2000 leagues type NPC?
2) litteral translation of Nobody
3) abberition, along the lines of a minor Hastur?

soylentplaid
2006-04-20, 04:35 PM
Yes! Utter horror! Thankya!

Quoneiros
2006-04-20, 05:46 PM
Wow! this is amazing!
Try my name!

Maerok
2006-04-20, 06:43 PM
How about me? ;D

I've always envisioned Maerok, a sort of elemental demon, (a character I've used throughout many an RPG I've played) to look something like MTG's Thorn Elemental http://www.anycraze.com/showcard_full.asp?id=UDGR123&pp=magic_search. But it is made up of fire, lightning, and shadow (kind of like a Fire Necromental) with a visible bone structure. It is just as tall as an orc, but built like a human with six 'dorsal' spines protruding from its back in columns of 3. It can withdraw these spikes, as if from a scabbard, and combine three spikes together to form a flaming longsword (which it does for the other 3 as well. it would be adept at double weapon combat, only with these two flaming bone longswords, especially if these weapons are natural to it).

Do you think you could come up with the stats for a monster like this? :)

Ing
2006-04-20, 07:13 PM
Luircin
M elemental
3d12=32
ac= 23=10+7 dex+5 magic
int=8
abilities
str 12 (1)
dex 25 (7)
con 13 (2)
int 6 (-3)
wis 15 (3)
cha 10
bab 8/2
attacks: slam +15/9
damage: 1d6+1d6 cold+1
full round: 2 slams
saves: f 4, R 10, w 5
special: liquid form, spell like abilities, breath attack, slippery, damage reduction, regeneration
feats: Dodge, weapon finese
allignment: NG
organization: single
CR=5

appearing as a small draconian or fish crature made out of the shimering waves of the water, this quasi-elemental is summoned forth by druids to protect fresh bodies of water. often they might find themselves in ponds, lakes, rivers, wells or soemtimes ever sewers. when a contamination or source threatens their water they react violently, but will allow other beings to use the water if they do so non-mallicously. they appear as a armless, finned draconian fish with 3 red jewl like eyes made out of water.

liquid form: being made out of liquid it has a number of advantages: +15 hide in water, perfect mobility in water, tremorsense in water, and a +10 grapple modifier to creatures submerged in their water.

spell like abilities: at will control water, purify water, create water. as a 5th level caster
5 times per day, orb of cold, cure light wounds
3 times per day: cone of cold, sympathy, circle of protection

breath attack, cone of water 30 by 10, inflicts 2d6 impact and 1d6 cold, extinguishes all fire. it pushes the targets back 10 feet, if they hit a solid stable object like a wall they take an additinal 2d6 damage. reflex save 15

slippery: cannot be grapled due to watery form

, damage reduction, 20 peirce, 15 slash, 10 bluegon.

water subtype

regeneration: recovers 10 pts as long as they remain in physical contact with their source of water. destroying or defiling their water supply removes this effect

Ing
2006-04-20, 07:36 PM
Roadkiller.
H magical beast
10d10=90
ac= 19 =10-2size+8 natural+3 dex
int=4
speed= 60
abilities
str 40 (10)
dex 15 (3)
con 18 (4)
int 2
wis 8
cha 2
bab: 8 graple 18
attacks: slam 15, bite 18
damage: slam 1d8+10, bite 2d6+15
full round: 2 slams or 2 bites
saves: f (10) r (5) w (2)
special: spell resistence, burrow, spell like abilities, fertilize, blind sight, tremorsense
feats: power attack, combat reflexes.
allignment: C
CR=8

the road killer is a short stuby worm like creature, that burrows through earth as easily as a fish swims. the creatures is usually summoned by a disgrunted Druid who uses the creature to uproot processed roads, paths, and cities and replace them with newgrowth. the ccreature is a short tube creature surronded by 8 short 'fins' and a large bear trap like mouth

spell resistence, burrow, 15

spell like abilities,
at will growth (plant)
ensnare, upheaval

fertilize, any surface earth dug up grows fresh plant life in 1d4 days

blind sight, road killers are blind and locate via echolocation

tremorsense: can sense any creature that moves on or through the earth

Ing
2006-04-20, 07:49 PM
truely this is proof that any portal to the realm of chaos should be sealed off forever....very securly

he who says fish
M outsider
4d6=12
ac= 12 =10+2 natural+5 dex
int=5
abilities
str 13 (2)
dex 20 (5)
con 10
int 10
wis 10
cha 10
bab 8/6/2
attacks: herring+13/11/7. tuna 12
damage: herring 1d6+1, tuna 1d8+4
full round: 3 herring or 1 tuna
saves: f 2, r 4, w 3
special: fish slapping dance,
organization 1
allignment C
CR=5

a strange humanoid weilding what appears to be fish as weapons...has the bizaar compulsion to attack and slap anyone he meets with said fish.

fish slapping dance: adds +2 moral to anyone weilding fish. all who hear must make a will save 18 or be dazed and confused for 1d4 rounds

High Priest of Bajo
M puppet
4d6=24
ac= 15 =10+2 natural+3 dex
int=3
abilities
str 13 (2)
dex 14 (3)
con -
int 10
wis 10
cha 18
bab 8/2
attacks: banjo+12/5
damage: banjo 1d6+4
full round: 2 banjos
saves: f 5, r 4, w 7
special: banjo duel, kazoo, summon cofee machine
organization 1
allignment C
CR=5

appearing as an animated clown puppet holding a banjo. no scholar has come up with any reason why any benevolent god would allow this thing to exist

banjo duel, can play the duel of 2 banjos, both parts at once... other than confusing some people this is just impressive and has no combat effect. will save 10 or be stunned for that round

kazoo, spellcasters must make a concentration of 18 to cast spells, and they must always be targeted at teh HPoB when he uses this bardic ability

summon cofee machine: once per day can summon a coffee machine, or an expresso maker 50% chance of success on the expresso maker. if failed it summons a box that says expresso on it. there is a 70% chance that box is filled with a swarm of killer bees.

roadkiller
2006-04-20, 07:50 PM
Very nice. I'd never have thought of a worm. This actually appears to be realatively useful for other things too. On a side note, since I don't have a book on hand, wouldn't a druid of high enough level to summon one of these guys have other ways of destroying roads with plants?

TBPBenni
2006-04-20, 08:05 PM
for the Nemo would you like me to take a
1) 2000 leagues type NPC?
2) litteral translation of Nobody
3) abberition, along the lines of a minor Hastur?

Either 1 or 2, depending on whichever you feel like at the time. Cos let's face it, Captain Nemo was a man and a half.

Ing
2006-04-20, 08:15 PM
Very nice. I'd never have thought of a worm. This actually appears to be realatively useful for other things too. On a side note, since I don't have a book on hand, wouldn't a druid of high enough level to summon one of these guys have other ways of destroying roads with plants?

well this thing can automaticly uproot roads and replace it with fertile soil. and continue to do it agian and agian and agian, ad-infinitum, so its much more cost effective to summon or tame one or more of these things than use multiple spells agian and agian and agian

and its not done yet, need to add ambush and burrow traits, rending bite and swallow whole...

TimeWizard
2006-04-20, 08:19 PM
I'd like one as a gift to my DM for his birthday.

His nickname is Lafo, and he is refered to as God of the Lazy, so i was wondering if you could work him in as a minor deity, sloth domain a must. be sure to include that he hates anything that involves personal effort and such. About him, He's VERY tall, and has bright orange hair. after that, it's all you.

Buena Suerte, Ing, buena suerte

Ing
2006-04-20, 10:10 PM
Lafo the Sloth King
h outsider
40d12=1293
ac= 10-2 size+20 natural+
movement=0 under own power
int=-10
abilities
str 18 (5)
dex 2
con 60 (25)
iNT 50 (20)
WIS 40 (15)
cha 30 (20)
bab=2
attacks: slam 2,
damage: 2d6+5
full round 2 slams
save: fort 38, R -20, will (38)
special: domain spells, spells, telekenisis, imobility.
feats: great fortitude
chalange rating 20
organization: self +5d20 minions
treasure: 500% coins, tripple standard, +amulet of divinity
skills
religion 50, arcana 40, dungeonring 20, planes 20, hide -30, appraise 10, spellcraft 40, diplomacy 38, bluff 27,

Lafo the Sloth King is a powerful devil, ranking along the lines of demi god. He is an impressive figure, a single towering pear like mass of rovolting flesh, organized in rolls of fat and large, usually bones and rotting flesh from his last meals remain trapped in his mass. once he was a great warrior, but after acheiving his massive power (from defeating a lesser demigod and stealing its amulet) he has er...rested on his lurals, putting on the tons and prefering to have minions and followers do everything for him. no longer is he able to move under his own power and spends all his time suspended in a pool of bubling green ectoplasm. other than that he is humanoid shape with a redish pink texture, compleatly hairless, with small squinty yellow eyes a mouth filled with many needle like teeth and 2 short horns wraping around from the back of his head. his head bursts into bright orange flames when he is angered (ie, is forced to move, preform some sort of action other than grating cleric spells and being worshiped, or being forced to move location)

domain spells: followers of him are greanted spells from the domains of Sloth, Magic and Evil. he himself can through his amulet cast any spells of these domains seemingly at will

spell like abilities: as a 18th level caster
at will: summon monster, unseen servent, purify food and drink inflict medium wounds, cure medium wounds, mage armor, sheild, invulnerable sphere, curse, greater thunder orb, bulls strength, cats grace, expediatious retreat
gaes/quest, true resurection, create undead, command undead, dark bolt
3 times per day, true strike, polymorph any object, wish, teleport circle
12 times per day, lightning bolt, fire ball, cloud kill, inflict serious wounds, cure serious wounds, dominate monster, limited wish, spirit jar, transmute flesh to stone, disintigrate transmute stone to mud, transmute tone to lava
3 times per week, hero's feast

, telekenisis, can freely move any object up to 700 lbs around within a 100 foot radius. (creatures flung into walls take 3d6 damage), he can move one object at a time or numerous objects of negligable weight at a time. he often uses this to draw fighters closer into his stubby arms

short reach: his arms are no longer as effective as they once were, having a reach of only 1 foot due to his massive gurth, hardly enough to hit or snag any creature that is not actually right on his chest. his arms are still powerful if stuby and when he grapples a creature he can crush it, to deal 4d8+20 damage per round the graple is maintained. he has a 18 grapple modifier

imobility. has not moved under his own power in over several thousand years. he has a base land speed of zero and usualy requires minions to transport him...seems to have developed an extream dislike of action and choes to let followers to EVERYTHING. when attacked he would rather have several of his followers transport him to safty, while leaving others to take care of the task, rather than actually fighting himself.

amulet: the deity amulet is the source of his power. its hidden on (or in) his body somewhere and is apowerful and sought after artifact

devil traits

damage reduction 10 (+4 weapons or blessed), take an additional 10 reduction from blugeon due to his extra padding.

easiy tired: after so long of being inert, when he does finnally chose to act it tires him physicly extreamly quickly, meaning he can only act fully every 1d3-1 rounds.

followers
clerics of Lafo gain access to his domain spells,
dark paladins (followers left over from his active days as a warrior. 10th level black gaurds)
monks of hedonism (monastic order dedicated to his hedonism) typicly do not gain the fast movement abilities of the monk, but gain sleep and slow as spell like abilities.
cultests: usually evil humans nobles or commoners seeking wealth or power. (10th aristocrat, 5th commoners, 5th sorceror, 8th barbarians are typical combinations)
8 times per dya he can attempt to summon 1 pit fiend, or 2 lesser devils,

tactics
preround: sleep, eat, get fanned by cultests
first round-6th round: order guards to dispose of intruders, sleep, eat
6th round: gets angry they're not dead yet, orders clerics to do something. if he gets damaged at all, GETS very angry, tries to summon some devils
8th round:
if too many minions have fallen and he thinsk he's at risk he tries to summon more devils and orders his priests to move him to a new location (typicly a major process involving gurny's and makeshift cranes). if his cut away is blocked, and some of his priests killed Then and ONly then will he actually fight himself using telekensis to throw objects, players, and dead bodies about, if some priests remain he draws the strongest lookng player towards him and tries to crush him. if not he tries to keep them at bay with his spells and abilities.

Ing
2006-04-21, 04:14 AM
Omniplex
M (shapeshifter)
Hd/hp=12d12=72
int=7
ac= =10+
abilities
str=16
dex=16
con=16
int=20
wis=18
cha=20

bab= 12/4/2
attack: slam 15/7/5, stab 15/7/5, slash 15/7/5
damage: 1d6+3
full round: any 3
saves: f 4, r 4 w 8
feats: power attack, flurry of blows, improved graple, fient, combat reflexes, combat expertise, dodge
special: spell like abilities, polyfarious, evasion, uncanny dodge, quick recovery
skills: disguise 13, bluff 10, diplomacy 10, knowlege religion 8
allignment: always C
treasure: tripple standard
CR=8

omniplexes perhaps best deserve the tital of shapeshifter. though they are reclusive and secrative most never figure out the creature they are interacting with is really a enigmatic shapeshifter. they are charismatic manipulators but can quickly become deadly. almost any physical form can be assumed by them. whether they have a 'true' form is unknown but they favored at rest form seems to be that of tall high browed humanoids, most closly resembling elves, their true form might be that of an colorless clay like ooze. often they live in watery areas and locations of running water. some most omniplexes are mishivious and tricksters, some also become sadistic and become sociopathic murderors, theives or assasians.

spell like abilities,
at will: alter self, (self only)
3 times per day polymorph (self only),

polyfarious: creature can alter its body shape and density nearly at will. as a move action they can reform and reshape their body. without using a spell like ability they can stretch to 1 size larger or smaller, and a full round action can slip through any surface a fine creature could fit through. they can change their damage from unnarmed attacks to be any non-elemental or magic type (peirce, blugeon, or slash) at will, and as a move action can alter their abilities. they can subtract any points from str, con and/or dex and add it to one or all of the other abilities. for example to slip out of a choke hold they switch all their focus to becoming liquid like, loosing str and con but gaining dex. their ability scores can not be lowered past 8. ( at most any physical ability scores can be 32).

mimic: they can also use this ability to take on the texture and shape of any object within 1 size catagory of themselves

evasion,

uncanny dodge,

quick recovery: rest recovers twice as much HP as normal, resting submerged in water recovers 4 times as much.

chalange rating might be alittle off.... :/

Ing
2006-04-28, 03:46 AM
Alchlamy Prime
M paralementa (paraconstructl
hd= 8d12= 50
int= 4
ac= 24=10+10 natural+4

abilities
str 17 =4
dex 17 =4
con -
int 18
wis 10
cha 8

bab= 8/2
attacks: slash 14/8, slam 12/6, stab 16/10
damage: slash 1d6+4, slam 1d6+6, stab 1d6+2
full round slash, stab or 2 stabs or 2 slashes or 2 slams, or slam , stab or slash slam
saves: f- will 8 R 8
feats: evasion, power attack (slam only), combat reflexes
special: alter self, alchlamy, spell resistence
skills: spellcraft 10, disguise 5, hide 7.
treasure double standard
allignment: usually NE
organizaton single
chalange rating 8

Alchemy primes are a horrible miscariage of mystical arts. usually created when a foolish alchemist reaches beyond their grasp to voilate the natural laws...resulting in an accident that leaves them compleatly consumed by their art. their body is transmutated into a living husk of mystical metal. they retain immense powers of alchemy though, usually limited to their own form or those they have grappled. typicly they are silent harsh killers, striving blindly towards some unknown goal. thoguh they can talk rarely do

alchlamy. can transmute body into any inorganic substance, though this can also leave them immobile if they chose a substance that is inelastic such as stone, or hurt them if it is a substance that evaporates (1d6 per round). they can do this to alter their spell vulnerability. or to hurt creatures with damage reduction.

damage reduction: 5 agianst blugeon, 8 agianst slash, 10 agianst peirce.

spell like abilities:
at will: alter self
3 times per day
flesh to stone, stone to flesh, heat metal, chill metal, soften stone, transmute stone to mud, transmute ud to stone,
once per day: polymorph any object (new form can only be inorganic) gaseous form

spell resistence: 16. save for the following.
heat metal deals 1d6 damage per durration but gives them 4 to attack and 1d4 to damage. chill metal acts as slow, lightning attacks deal 1/2 damage and grant them 1d6 lightning damage to attacks. heat attacks deal 1/2 damage and grant them +4 to attack and 1d2 fire damage to attacks. each is for 1d6 rounds and is non cumalative. immune to polymorph attempts

Dancing_Zephyr
2006-04-30, 02:00 AM
Good job on all the monsters to date.

Plz do one for me.

(A zephyr is a breeze just so you know.)

Nema_Fakei
2006-04-30, 07:29 AM
I've never worked out the stats for the werehouse I mentioned in another thread. What would be your ruling on the concept?

Randomman413
2006-04-30, 02:52 PM
Dude. These monsters are pretty crazy. In a good way. Like me. I'm crazy.

Ing
2006-04-30, 06:50 PM
I've never worked out the stats for the werehouse I mentioned in another thread. What would be your ruling on the concept?

werehouse?? as in a domicile? am i reading this right?

CosmicJester
2006-04-30, 07:31 PM
How about a Cosmic Jester? I'm thinking somthing extraplanar, maybe astral or ethereal? Up to you...

Krulla
2006-04-30, 07:33 PM
So.. what's a Krulla? ???

Foeofthelance
2006-04-30, 09:43 PM
This request is entirely serious. I need...a Half Red Dragon Chicken. Any CR will do, just as long as it can suitably harass PCs.

The_Snark
2006-05-01, 01:15 AM
I'm curious to see what you'll make of a Snark.

Whatever you do make of it, it will have an advanced version called a Boojum, which would have a gaze attack that erases things from existance.

Randomman413
2006-05-09, 08:55 PM
As said in Spongebob...

You, sir, have split my sides.

Renrik
2006-05-09, 09:10 PM
I am the Renrik!

captain_decadence
2006-05-09, 09:41 PM
I'm curious to see what you can do with mine. I don't think it would work as a monster.

MrSeth
2006-05-10, 12:20 AM
HA! Okay, try making a Seth. No references to the Book of Genesis or to Egyptian mythology are allowed.

Ing
2006-05-10, 01:54 AM
HA! Okay, try making a Seth. No references to the Book of Genesis or to Egyptian mythology are allowed.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh poopie!

all right i'll get on it. Finals are done so prepare for a sudden swarm of monsters from the depths of chaos and hell itself!!!

Ing
2006-05-10, 02:25 AM
Atog
S magical beast
hp= 1d4=3
int=3
ac= 14 =10+3+1 size
abilities
str: 10
dex: 15
con: 10
int: 8
wis 10
cha 4
Bab: 5
attacks: claw, +5 bite +4
damage: 1d4, bite 2d3+2
fulll round: 2 claw and 1 bite
saves: f 2 R 6 w 1
special: spell like abilities, SR, inflate,
allignment: usually N
CR: (i have no frekaing clue)
organization; 1 or pack 3-8

the atog appears as a small impish creature. typicly clad in hooded rags and cloaks, they hide long nasty fangs and sharp sicle claws beneath their robes. although usually weak, they have the preternatural ability to gain the strangth of those they slay. they grow in strength and size as they consume fresh flleash. older ones are teh size of a human, and rumor of an atog god reaching up the size of a giant have been neither confirmed nor denied. having only rudamentary intelligence, they live in packs for mating, or raiding and males usually live solo. their equipment is based on that which they've stollen from their victims

special:
spell like abilities,
at will: death watch, death kneel, fog cloud

SR, 6+hd

inflate: whenever a Atog eats a creature who's hd is 1/3 or greater its own it gains a bonus HD. when they reach 4 hd they increase to a medium sized creature taking all benefits and penalties. at 8 hd they become large size, 15 huge and 20 onemore size cataogyr up.

HD natural armor STR CON size bonus
1 0 +0 +0 S
2 0 +1 +0 S
3 1 +2 +1 S evasion
4 3 +2 +1 M
5 3 3 2 M sneak
attack
6 4 4 3 M
7 4 5 3 M
8 6 7 6 L power
attack
9 6 7 6 l
10 6 7 6 L
11 7 8 7 L
12 7 8 7 L sneak
attack
13 8 9 7 L
14 8 9 7 L
15 10 10 8 H stuning
strike
16 10 10 9 H
17 10 11 10 H
18 11 12 10 H improved
bullrush
19 12 12 10
20 15 14 12 G whirlwind
attack

Wizzardman
2006-05-10, 02:36 AM
Not to further add to the massive waiting list of people who want Monsters made of them, what would you make of me?

Besides the obvious.

Ing
2006-05-10, 02:52 AM
The Nahal
L outsider contruct/celestrial
12d8=48
ac= 25 =10-1 size+8 natural+4 magic+4 dex
int=4
abilities
str=15=3
dex 18=4
con _
int= 25-7
wis 20=5
cha 18=4

bab= 7
attacks: tentacle +10, eldrich blast +11
damageL tentacle (1d4+3) eldrich blast (3d6)
full round: 8 tentacles (10/10/8/8/6/6/4/4) 0r 2 blast (11/7)
saves: F_ R 7 W 13
feats: maximize spell, expand spell, lengthen spell
special: SR, spell deflect, spells, heal drain, death thoes. damage reduction.
Alignment: LN
treasure: double coin, double gem
organizaiton usually single

Whether the Nahal is a celestrial grafted with parts of a construct, a construct built around a living outsider, or something entirely diffrent is unknown. these creatures appear as spinning golden disks, resembling the plates of sand dolars or golden gear. a single organic eye stares out from the hole in the center of the plate. the face blate rotates slowly clockwise whiile 8 mechanical chain tentacles rotate counter clockwise. a second back plate
is coated with 12 angelic wings made of silver crystaline feathers that spin and flap slowly clockwise. inside is a series of machinary, pure magical goo, and a core of organic organs.

SR, 28

spell deflect, any spell or spell like or psionic effect targeted at Nahal that fails the SR is immediently reflected back on the target. area based effects and damage are absorbed by the plate and chanelled back in a crackle of energy

spells, as a 10th level caster

magic missile, symbol of pain, protection agianst, circle of protection, energy resistence, true strike, lightning bolt, call lightning, destroy undead, heat metal, chill metal, inflict light wounds, cure light wounds, cure medium wounds, inflict light wounds,

heal drain, any healing spells used in its vicinity additionally give 1/4 their benefit to the Nahal

death thoes. 12d6 damage (half fire, half positive energy) to all within a 100 foot radius after 1d4 rounds of its slaying. inbetween that time the face plate glows a bright red and increases in temperature dealing 2d6 damage to any who touch the hot metal.

damage reduction: 10 peirce and slash. 5 blugeon.

silverdreamdancer
2006-05-10, 08:23 AM
I'm looking for a construct which serves a useful purpous in an urban environment that my BBEG can control and cause to run amok, something large and destructive preferably.

Some sort of construction golem or tower cleaner that sees use in day to day life in Sharn.

Any thoughts?

Altair_the_Vexed
2006-05-10, 09:06 AM
So many nasty critters to plunder!!!

How's the Queue looking, Ing?

Ing
2006-05-10, 02:18 PM
I'm looking for a construct which serves a useful purpous in an urban environment that my BBEG can control and cause to run amok, something large and destructive preferably.

Some sort of construction golem or tower cleaner that sees use in day to day life in Sharn.

Any thoughts?

Clink Clanks

Clink Clanks are a series of automotons, constructs designed for the purpose of constrution and social service. with these powerful mechinas towering metroplosis are built and maintained

Big Bens
G construct
15d20= 150
ac= 23 =10-3 size+ 15 natural+1
int=0
abilities

str 40=15
dex=12=1
con _
int (1/30) see special
wis (7) -2
cha 0

landspeed 20

bab 0
attacks: slam 15/10. stomp (13)
damage: Slam 6d8+15, stomp 6d10+20
full round: 1 stomp or 2 slams
Special: remote, fail safe, craftsman, trample, spell like abilities, damage reduction, spell immunity
feats: improved over run
saves: F _ R -2 w 0
skills: knowlege engineering (15), craft structural (15)
Alignment: NN
cr= 12

Big Bens are towering construction atomotons, they build towering buildings with the ease a giant might build a scale model. due to their massive size the creatures are imbued with a number of fail safes to prevent them from destroying rather than creating. civillians are typicly kept away from areas when Big Bens are working, to prevent accidental crushing. they are made in the shape of a rough humanoid, lackiing any head save for a single eye in the center of its huchbacked body, and 2 powerful arms with delecate fingers used for building

: remote: are only able to preform actions previously approved by city council and can be deactived any time by them

fail safe: cannot be programed to attack living creatures or destroy buildings.

craftsman, has intelligence of 30 for sake of craft skill

trample,

spell like abilities,
atwill heat metal, soften earth, transmute stone to mud, mud to stone, transmute earth to mud.
3 times per day repair medium damage, )

damage reduction, 20 agianst peirce and slash unless +5 weapons. 10 agianst blugeons unless +4

spell immunity: immune from mind effecting unless directed at constructs and enchantment save for following effects
heat metal: deals damage a if effected by burning hands each round for durration
chill metal: acts as slow, reduces damage reduction by 50%

Behemoths
h construct
speed 10
10d20=200
ac= 25 =-2+15 natural+2
int=0
abilities
40=15
dex=14=2
con
int 3
wis 5
cha 0
bab 0
attack: Claw+15, bite+10
damage: claw 6d6+15 bite =4d6+30
full round: 2 claw or 1 bite
saves: F _ R -2 W 0
special: spell like abilities, breath attack, improved grapple, swallow whole, smelt, trample, claws, wrecking ball

Behemoths are the anithasis to Big Benss...moving one man demolition crews. in a city that's always rebuilding they are a must for tearing down the old and building the new. appearing as square bodied squat figure, moved by 2 legs that keep it roughly 2-4 feet up off the ground. 2 long flexible arms ending in sharp claws. the creature is a living furnace, taking in demolished buildings into its gapping mouth that makes up most of its torso and converts it back into usable ore and scrap...the materials are then seperated inside the beast and emptied out by a hatch in the creature's rear...the process has an unintentionally humor appearance.

spell like abilities, as 8th level caster
at will: burnind hands, heat metal, chill metal, soften earth, transmute rock to mud
3 times per day: fire ball (8d6)
once per day delayed fire ball (10d6)

breath attack: jet of flames ac 20 once every 1d4 rounds full round action (6d6)

improved grapple, on a succesful claw can attempt a graple

swallow whole, if a grapled creature is bit it is swallowed hole. each round the creature takes 2d6+10 blugeon damage and 9d6 fire damage

trample,

claws, count as +8 weapons for sake of damage reduction

wrecking ball: can preforme the whirlwind attack feat, but only on objects and creatures its L or greater. it usually uses this to demolish multimple buildings

immunity to fire

damage reduction, 20 agianst peirce and slash unless +5 weapons. 10 agianst blugeons unless +4

spell immunity: immune from mind effecting unless directed at constructs and enchantment save for following effects
heat metal: has no effect
chill metal: has no effect
pyrotechnics: converts its fire attack into a cloud kill spell

whirrllybees

M construct
speed 60
hd= 3d12= 36
ac= 20 =0+5 dex+5 natural
int=8
abilities

str 15=3
dex= 20=5
con _
int = 15=3
wis 20=5
cha 0

bab= 4
attacks: claw 10/8
damage: claw 1d6+6
full round: 2 claws
saves: F- R 12 w 0
special: breath attack, spell like abilities, sanitize, evasion, unncanny dodge
feats: run
CR=5

appearing like mechanical dragon flies, these flying constructs act as emergency rescue, and janatorial workers, cleaning the city streets and sometimes sewers, putting out fires, and if need be carrying injured to safty.

breath attack: cone of concentrated water/soap mix. deals 2d6 heat and 2d6 non-elemental damage. ranged touch attack. once every 1d4 rounds....or a cone attack dealign 1d6 heat and 1d6 non-elemental damage, save 16

spell like abilities,
at will: pyrotechnics
5 times per day: extinguish, gust of wind
3 times per day cone of cold

sanitize: breath attack sanitizes an area, freeing it from disease

evasion,

unncanny dodge

damage reduction: 5 bluegon 8 peirce and slash

DeathQuaker
2006-05-10, 04:06 PM
How about a Death Quaker? :)

If you can, please include a Super Soaker and the ability to maliciously hold things in the Light.

EDIT: But please do not include anything to do with oatmeal. :)

Ing
2006-05-10, 05:37 PM
ok core class time
Nemo
just as yun-ti are humans who'se bloodlines have intermingaled with serpantine like creatures to the point of a new species, likewise Nemos are humans whose life in self exile on the ocean deep has rendered them with a nearly aquatic apperance. Nemos live in aquatic cities, hidden in distant coats islands and reefs, they often build large submarines to get about and commit acts of piracy, (often in teh shape of a large kackren) they appear as near humans, with a vairty of color skin, usually pale, differing textures and racial traits indicate a wide genome,

Nemo
M humanoid
dh= 1d6
ac= =10+0
int=0
abilities modifiers and average abilit

average stats modifiers for chatacter
str 10 (+0) 0
dex 13 (+2) 1
con 13 (+2) 0
int 22 (5) 4
wis 10 0
cha 6 -4

racial traits
physical traits. nemos show a wide varity of form, roll 2 d20 to determin random effects on their phsyilogy. opposing rolls cancel eachother out or demand a reroll.
trait effect
1 mucus membrane +4 escape artist -4 grapple -2
cha
2 crustatious claw(1 arm) i natural attack 1d4+str. bluegon each round grapled deals natural attack damage on a target
3 hairless none
4 noseless -4 on disguise,
5 finned ears +2 listen underwater
6 greater scally skin +1 natural armor stacks
7 smooth skin +1 escape artist
8 shark skin +1 escape artist +1 armor,
9 webbed limbs +10 sea speed
10 eel tail +10 sea speed
11 dolphin tail +20 sea speed
12 tentacles instead of arms +4 graple -4 on dex checks
13 sucker hands +1 graple +2 climb
14 sharp teeth bite 1d4
15 many rowed teeth bite 1d4+2
16 poison teeth bite - dc 14+hd or paralasis
17 poison barbs unnarmed or grapled deals dc 14+hd to paralasis
18 large eyes dark vision underwater
19 poison claws: unarmed attack dc 14 or paralasis
20 tentacles instead of hair: +2 tentacle attack 1d3, and grapplle +4

racial skills
navigation, sailing, craft (mechanical) intimidate, swim

favored class: artifactor, swashbuckler or rogue. Nemo spell users are usually druids. Nemo priests are usually swashbuclker, cleric cross classes with domains of water and destruction.

other races:
Nemos view surface dwelling humans as barbaric and savage and have a dislike for them which ranges from misanthropy to violent hatred. they view most surface dwellers along the same lines, especally hating uncivilized races. they get along well with Gnomes, violently detest halflings, and usually view elves as just longer lived humans. they are protective of the ocean and are easily driven to voilence agianst both invading/careless/malicious surface dwellers, or evil/destructive aquatic creatures. they get along fairly well with some sea elves, but attack Aboliths and other evil monsters that threaten the sea on sight.

Nocte
2006-05-10, 06:52 PM
When you are not busy please try Nocte Nuntius. is something like messenger of the night.

Thanks

Gerrtt
2006-05-12, 08:21 PM
Behold...Ding Wa-labong, the half-frenchmen, half-were-prarie dog. He's got syphillis too...that's key to the monster. The general idea of this monster is that during the westward expansion of North American settlers this Frenchmen caught syphillis (how is his business) and was bitten by a prarie dog. He then became Ding Wa-labong...which is also the only noise he makes. His behaviors involve stealing women from settlement camps and mating with them to make more were-prarie dogs to feed his armies of lycanthropic doom! Please make something up for him. His only weaknesses are buffalo dung and rusted barbed wire...none of that silver business.

http://photos-724.facebook.com/n22/172/45/33000452/n33000452_30857724_6743.jpg

Ing
2006-05-12, 10:47 PM
the insanity is now baffleing

Ing
2006-05-13, 12:01 AM
Magflare
G Elemental (Air, Fire)
hd= 15d12= 110
ac 17 =10-1+8
int=8
abilities

str 17 4
dex 25 8
Con 10
int 2
wis 10
cha 2

bab: 8/4/2
attacks: burst of light 16/12/10
damage: 4d6 (half light, half fire)
full round: 3 bursts of light
saves: F (15) R (2) W (8)
special: elemental traits, gasseous, flares,
CR: 8

Magflares are living clouds of red or orange gas, roughly at max 60-100 feet in diameter that bursts into sudden pocket flashes of light, and bursts of heat. as a force of nature, it has no motives and no drives, it simply flows across terrian, striking destructivly at everything that is consumed in its mass.

elemental traits,

gasseous: creatures can occupy the same squares as the magflare due to its gaseous nature. its combat consists of surronding creatures with its self and just detonating short flare bursts. counts as an incorporial creature, can only be damaged by energy effects, and weapons designed to damage incorporial creatures. all creatures have cover as if coated in thick fog. (visibility of 5 feet inside), granted total cover or creatures attackiing them from outside the cloud. be sure to make sure that missed attack and the like do/don't hhit other creatures in the cloud.

flares: every creature inside the Magflare is constantly hit with bright lights and bursts of heat. every round they must make saveing throws as if they were being targeting by the spells "FLARE" and "DAZE" as cast by a 18th level caster (DC 18). all creatures inside attacking out take a -1 penalty to hits due to the chaotic lights. creatures effected by light vulnerability are effected by Magflare's lights.

Ing
2006-05-13, 12:15 AM
Behold...Ding Wa-labong, the half-frenchmen, half-were-prarie dog. He's got syphillis too...that's key to the monster. The general idea of this monster is that during the westward expansion of North American settlers this Frenchmen caught syphillis (how is his business) and was bitten by a prarie dog. He then became Ding Wa-labong...which is also the only noise he makes. His behaviors involve stealing women from settlement camps and mating with them to make more were-prarie dogs to feed his armies of lycanthropic doom! Please make something up for him. His only weaknesses are buffalo dung and rusted barbed wire...none of that silver business.

http://photos-724.facebook.com/n22/172/45/33000452/n33000452_30857724_6743.jpg

Ding Wa-labong
M shapeshifter (prarie dogs)
Hd= 8d8=56
ac= 15 =10+4+1natural
int=4
abilities
str 16=3
dex 17=4
con 8 =-1
int 10
wis 12=1
cha 14 =2

bab 6/2
attacks: claws 9/5, cigerette 10/6. bite 7/3
damage: claw 1d6+3. Cigerette 1d2-1, bite 1d4+5
saves: F 4 R 9 w 5
speciaL: prarie dog traits, curse of lycantrophy, curse of syphilis,
feats: weapon finesse cigs, power attack
CR=5...ish
Allignment: Chaotic French
organizatin: self +2d6 dire prarie dogs +2d4 were prarie dogs

before you, is a hideous animal man, resembling some sort of large rodent standing on two legs, the creature coughs and appears to be sick. it is dressed in a striped shirt, berret and seems to always carry a lit cigerrette. it has beady suspicious eyes, a smell of unwashed fur, and a twisted little mustache
during the westward expansion of North American settlers this Frenchmen caught syphillis (how is his business) and was bitten by a prarie dog. He then became Ding Wa-labong...which is also the only noise he makes. His behaviors involve stealing women from settlement camps and mating with them to make more were-prarie dogs to feed his armies of lycanthropic doom!

prarie dog traits: gets survival, animal affinity as free skills. and the ability to burrow through dirt with surprising ease (1/4 land speed)

curse of lycantrophy,

curse of syphilis, bites or....naughty things, can transmute this curse. takes away 2d4 con and every year a fort save is made (8+# of years), each failed results in 1 permanent wisdom damage. it also deals 2d6 subdual damage when he pees ( i know this isn't syphilis exactly but i couldn't resist the joke)

cigerette: this lit smoking weapon provides a +2 moral bonus to French subtype creatures on Will saves, and when used as a weapon targets have to use a fort save 17 or be dazed for 1 round, there is a 45% chance the attack burns, dealing 1 con damage or 1d6 fire.

weakness: wereprarie dogs have fast healing 1d6 per round. they do not recover damage delt to weapons coated in buffilo dung. buffilo dung acts as a deadly poison if ingested dealing 4d6 con damage. for each round they are tied/tangled in barbed wire they take 2d6 magical damage that is not healed by their regeneration. an arrow made otu of a hardened bufilo chip kills them instantly if it hits (save Fort 23)

Gerrtt
2006-05-13, 01:09 AM
I love it...and yeah, sorry if it seemed really strange, but if you only heard the story that spawned this creature.

Soepvork
2006-05-13, 08:32 AM
Oh well, I'd like to see one on my name please(english translation: Soupfork). Although I have an idea how I'd interpret it myself, I'm curious to see what you guys will make of it :)

Cheers!

Renrik
2006-05-14, 07:59 PM
I am Renrik, Ghoul Assassin!!

LoopyZebra
2006-05-14, 08:39 PM
LOOPYZEBRA!

Pester
2006-05-14, 09:42 PM
Pester. Clearly the connotations of the name are a monster of the most fearsome magnitude. ;D

Randomman413
2006-05-16, 06:02 PM
I don't know...the word 'pester', personally, brings about images of younger siblings and young children, not anything relating to 'fearsome magnitude'. ;D

Ing
2006-05-16, 06:21 PM
I don't know...the word 'pester', personally, brings about images of younger siblings and young children, not anything relating to 'fearsome magnitude'. ;D

Ah but the feirceness is of the older sibling

Pester
diminitive outsider
3d6=15
ac= 29+4size+10+10dexl+5magic
int=11
abilities
str 8
dex 30 10
con 8 -1
int 20 5
wis 8-2
Cha 20 5
BAB 8/2. grapple (cling) 18
attack: sting (1d2)+1d4 wis damage.
full round: 2 stings
saves F 4 W14 R20
feats: dodge, combat reflexes, combat expertise,
special: improved evasion, improved uncanny dodge, spell resistence, damage reduction. distraction. spell like abilities
Organization single (THANK GOD)
allignment: always Chaoitc
treasure: a shiny copper peice and a handfull of lint
CR: 8
advancement: through bard or rogue class

Pesters are small pixy like outsiders from the CHaotic planes. they are fast talking, happy go lucky, cheerful creatures that never fail to annnoy anyone they are around. sadly they seem to like most demi-humans and adventures and invites themselve to tag along...it is impossible to convince them to leave on their own merrit. sadly they lack any abilities that seem to be of good use to a party, or if they do fail to realize they could actually help with teh abilities. all of their attempts are in good intent, unless they get pissed off. an angry pester is far worse for now it will activly haunt the party purposly attempting to screw them over. even friendlyones, feel that they are more suited to play 'jokes' and pranks rather than actually help the party. most jokes involve inventive uses of their spells (especaially presidigitation) or hiding items form the party. their fast movement and near vaporus body composition makes it nearly impossible to give them the swatting they so rightously deserve. they appear as large smiling faces made of puffy swirling brightly colored balls of fluff or vapor, attached to 4 butterly or long translucent wings.

improved evasion,
improved uncanny dodge,
spell resistence, 20

damage reduction. 15 due to vapor form

fast healing: 5

distraction. all spell casters must make a concentration check or fail their spells, BECAUSE THE PESTERS NEVER STOP TALKING!!!!. check is 18 (10+cha+HD)

spell like abilities
at will
levitate, enlarge/shrink creature, magic mouth, knock, hold portal, arcane mark, presidigitation, darkness
5 times per day
blind/deafness, insanity, colorspray

bardic knowlege: Pesters tend to be very knowlegeable, but since they're so annoying and talk so endlessly about compleatly inane topics any useful information is typicly ignored.

Pester
2006-05-16, 06:45 PM

Say, how'd you know it was my older sisters that picked the name for me? ;D

And the Pester sounds like a fearsome beast indeed, the perfect thing to unleash upon an unsuspecting party in need of comic relief. MWAHAHA.

Maryring
2006-05-17, 03:13 PM
Wait, so if I get this right, you make silly monsters based on the names you are given? Because if that is the case, I wonder what you would make out of Maryring AKA me.

Ing
2006-05-17, 06:45 PM
Wait, so if I get this right, you make silly monsters based on the names you are given? Because if that is the case, I wonder what you would make out of Maryring AKA me.

not all silly...it started on the old thread, but i may post it up here. some of them such as teh Illsbane, Vorpral Tribble, and Boss Smily, and Dragon Munch and Hunger dog were truely dire and serious threats.

Maryring
2006-05-17, 06:48 PM
Hum. Interesting. So are you going to make one of me, or do I have to do something special for you to do it. I'm just very curious as to what I would be as a monster.

Signmaker
2006-05-17, 07:06 PM
I'd like a Dire Duck with rubbery skin who's lifestyle involves going up rivers and eating stuff.

Morrandir
2006-05-17, 08:17 PM
I'd love one of me. You can probably guess that I like undead and evilness and magic and other such fun things. :P

Getting themed around that would be awesome ;D

Ing
2006-05-23, 11:29 AM
I'd like a Dire Duck with rubbery skin who's lifestyle involves going up rivers and eating stuff.

Utaoard's Gossling
H magical beast
12d10= 65+84con=149
ac= =10-2 size+8 natural armor+2 dex
int=3
abilities
str 20=5
dex 13=2
con=25=7
int=1
wis 10
cha 2

speed: 5 land, 60 water
ATB: 12/6/1. grapplle 15
attacks: bite +15/8/3, slam. 17/11/6
damage; bite 2d4+7+saw damage. slam 1d8+5
full round 2 slams and 1 bite
saves: F 12 R 5 W 8
special: tireless rage, elemental resistence, damage reduction, spell resistence, saw bill
feats: power attack, stunning attack,
skills swim 18, spot 2, search 5, jump -8,
Chalange rating 14
organization single

Utaoard's Gossling is a magical beast created by Utaoard the mad wizzard. using dangerous transmutation magics on normal animals, enlarging, mutating and fusing them with inanimate objets he created a truely distrubing creature. the Gossling appears as a bloated enourmous duck, lacking any feathers and covered in a rough bumpy rubbery hide. its bill is filled with man small needle sharp teeth in many rows covering the entire surface area of its mouth. a long snake like tongue occasionaly darts out, also covered in teeth and often hangs out the c reature's mouth. lacking feathrs it lost the gift of flight and now sways with 2 ropey useless vestigal wings that have a tendency to get infected, swelling with pus an soars. the creature is probably in a great deal of chronic pain, and is consistantly irritable. its creature uses it to patrol the water ways outside of his lair, either floating above teh surface and misstaken for a oddly shaped boat in the distance or fog, or swimming beneath to strike from bellow.

tireless rage, 3 tiimes per day the sawbill can enter tireles rage like a barbarian

elemental resistence: 10 cold, 10 fire, 20 electricity, 20 sonic,

damage reduction: has damage reduction 20 from blugeon wapons, and damage reduction 5 (+1 or magic) from slash and peirce

spell resistence, as long as it is in the water, the water running over its hide creates a thin prismatic sheet giving it unique spell resistence, if dry it losses this ability. (spell resistence 25) with following effects
slow, is reflected back on the user. transmute flesh to stone gives it an additional +7 natural armor. slay living and other death spells reflect back on the user if they fail to overcome spell resistence.

saw bill: on a bite attack there is a 85% chance the teeth with deal extra damage, inflicting an additonal 1d6 damage and 50% chance of the barbed tongue draining blood inflicnig 2 con damage.

Ing
2006-05-23, 12:50 PM
I'd love one of me. You can probably guess that I like undead and evilness and magic and other such fun things. :P

Getting themed around that would be awesome ;D

WELL THEN BEHOLD THE PURE FACE OF EEEEEEEEEVIL!

Morrandir
C undead (outsider evil)
60d20= 1000
ac= 30 =10-3 size+10 natural armor+10 magic+3
int=2
abilities
str 60=25
dex 17=3
con-----
int= 1
wis 10
cha 15=2

bab +20/+15/+10/+5
attacks: slam 30/25/20/15. bite 25/29/15/10
damage: slam 2d20+25 bite 4d12+37
saves: F--- R 8 W 20
special: damage reduction, undead traits, spell defense, master of death, spelll like abilitities, aura of doom, absorb, shadow of death, vision of madness, twister, regeneration, breath weapon
feats: power attack, maximize spell,
skills: intimidate 12, sense motive 10, spot 10, search 10, listen 10, knowledge arcania 12, spell craft 15
allignment: usually C E
chalange rating 20
advance ment (21-30) C

Morrandir are horrible forces of chaos and death formed through unknown ritual from the bones of dead old gods. these evil godlike monsters are often fueled with chaotic negative energy seeking to devour and destroy all life. they appear as towering shadows of crackling energy or bubbling black ooze, or smog surronding the animated remains of the god's bones. some say they were created through a botched attempt to recreate Orcus's resurection, other through pure force of will of the forgottan gods malance and jealous. these horrible beings are a threat to the very gods and reality itself

damage reduction, 50/ +5 weapons of good alignment

undead traits,

spell defense: spell resistence 30. evil and necromatic type spells restore 1d6 hit points per level of the cast. spell. positive energy spells are reduced int heir damage by 50%. spells like wish/and miracle have a 90% chance of being ineffeectual due to the warped reality the dead former god creates.

master of death: can resurect any body as an undead (they take the full states of the living char save they also share the undead trait) as long as the body remains. through this they can raise outsiders, other undead, elementals, and dragons. this does not work agianst Constructs

spelll like abilitities, cast by a 20th caster
at will: slay living, create undead, raise dead, fire ball, disintigrate, black tentacles, lightning bolt, whirlwind, earthquake, curse, insanity, fear, phantasmal killer, cloud kill, call lightning, cone of cold, wall of ice, greater orb of fire, greater orb of acid, sonic lance, flaming sword, inflict crical wounds,
5 times per day: fire storm, meteor storm, delayed fire ball, werid (the multiple phatasmal killer thing) power word kill,
once per week: wish

aura of doom, all withing 300 feet are effect as if the doom spell.

absorb, can recover hp through consuming other beings. living beings give 1/2 their hit die as restored hp to it, undead give 1/4 their hit die as restored hp to it. good oustiders give 100% of their hit die restored. it must make a bite attack or get them in its mouth with a breath attack.

shadow of death, those caught in the shadow cast by the abomination mus tmake a fort 27 each round or be striken with mindnumbing nausia and fear, loosing a move action and be dealt 1d6 negative energy damage.

vision of madness: all who see the creature mus tmake a will 20 or be effected by insanity, fear and confusion and take 1d4 permanent wisdom damage. those who make this save are uneffected by this effect for 1 hour.

twister: matter around the creature can be caught up by its magic and funneled into a deadly storm of energy and debris. the storm forms around the creature with a 200 foot radius. all creatures inside must make reflex saves (20) or take 2d6 blugeon damage, and there is 50% of an attack from negative energy lightning to each (ranged touch of +17) dealing 3d6 negative energy damage each round) , those within it sthreat radius take 4d8 blugeon and 6d6 energy from failed attempts

regeneration, recovery 50. can only recovery from holy damage though a nights rest.

breath weapon: 2 types either a stream of its storm necromacitc energy. a cone o 500 by 300 ft, (reflex 40) if hit all creatures take 10d6 negative energy damage and make a will save (18) or loose 2d4 levels. those who drop bellow 1 level are slain. the other is a sucktion, taking in all matter it can suck up. creatures L or smaller make a balance (30) check, if not they are sucked inside its mouth and swallowed whole. any unattended objects L or smalle rare sucked up. it can spit these out as a ranged attack (see giant rock throwing). those that make the balance check take 1d6 damage from teh vaccum

swallow whole: 1 size catagory or lower who is successfully bitten a grapple check is made, or automaticly if they are sucked up by the breath attack. deals 6d6 physical damage each round, and 15d6 negatve energy. those inside loose 1 level per round they are inside, and take 1 pt con damage if they fail a ortitude save of 24. those who escape must make a will save of 20 or be driven insane (taking 1d4 wis damage)

Deathless: regenerates its amorphous body if redued to -10 within 2d4 months. can only be killed if reduced to -15 pts and then cast miricle or wish

((Variant, increase int to 30 and str to 45, for a conscious BBEG instead of a mindless force of destruction

Randomman413
2006-05-23, 01:19 PM
Any hopes for a High Priest of Banjo monster guy thing that isn't a cleric or anything that I could use without having access to spells? My group and I don't have the players handbook, so we don't use spellcasters. ;D ROCK ON!

Ing
2006-05-23, 01:36 PM
Any hopes for a High Priest of Banjo monster guy thing that isn't a cleric or anything that I could use without having access to spells? My group and I don't have the players handbook, so we don't use spellcasters. ;D ROCK ON!

you had a problem with THIS high priest of banjo!?

High Priest of Bajo
M puppet
4d6=24
ac= 15 =10+2 natural+3 dex
int=3
abilities
str 13 (2)
dex 14 (3)
con -
int 10
wis 10
cha 18
bab 8/2
attacks: banjo+12/5
damage: banjo 1d6+4
full round: 2 banjos
saves: f 5, r 4, w 7
special: banjo duel, kazoo, summon cofee machine
organization 1
allignment C
CR=5

appearing as an animated clown puppet holding a banjo. no scholar has come up with any reason why any benevolent god would allow this thing to exist

banjo duel, can play the duel of 2 banjos, both parts at once... other than confusing some people this is just impressive and has no combat effect. will save 10 or be stunned for that round

kazoo, spellcasters must make a concentration of 18 to cast spells, and they must always be targeted at teh HPoB when he uses this bardic ability

summon cofee machine: once per day can summon a coffee machine, with a 100% chance or a expresso
maker with a 50% chance of success. if failed it summons a box that says expresso on it. there is a 70% chance that box is filled with a swarm of killer bees.

and maybe this link will help ure group

http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/35/sovelior_sage/home.html

Townsfolk
2006-05-23, 01:41 PM
What can you do with my name?

I'm predicting a human with two levels in commoner!

Maryring
2006-05-23, 01:52 PM
And my. I guess I will be... Mary... with Rings... or something like that. Sister Mary from the Cloisters? Hehe. You know, ignore my suggestions and create something by only looking at my name please. That would be very fun.

Were-Sandwich
2006-05-23, 02:20 PM
I could do with a were-sandwich template. God knows what the hybrid form looks like...

Ing
2006-05-23, 09:10 PM
ok now i'm sure people are making up names just to do this to me :o

DeathQuaker
2006-05-23, 10:28 PM
Well, I asked for a "Death Quaker" awhile ago. Is that okay? I won't even require the supersoaker. :D

ilovefire
2006-05-23, 11:00 PM
you still haven't made an ilovefire. :P I humbly request it.

Soepvork
2006-05-24, 06:10 AM
you still haven't made an ilovefire. :P I humbly request it.

Same humble re-request for Soepvork :)

InaVegt
2006-05-24, 06:43 AM
And same humble request for humanflame

lisiecki
2006-05-24, 11:26 AM
Lisiecki

belboz
2006-05-24, 01:32 PM
And my. I guess I will be... Mary... with Rings... or something like that. Sister Mary from the Cloisters? Hehe. You know, ignore my suggestions and create something by only looking at my name please. That would be very fun.

A Mary Ring (also known as a Mary's Ring or a Ring-Under-the-Willow) sounds to me like a swarm of fine-sized fay that stay disguised as a giant "fairy ring" of mushrooms during the day. At night they uproot themselves, start glowing like fireflies, and fly around in cloud formation.

LordOfXoriat
2006-05-24, 05:36 PM
I know there's a long line, but could you make the Lord Of Xoriat? Xoriat is the Far Realm of Eberron. Thats all I'm going to tell you. I want to see what you come up with.

Randomman413
2006-05-25, 08:53 PM
A Mary Ring (also known as a Mary's Ring or a Ring-Under-the-Willow) sounds to me like a swarm of fine-sized fay that stay disguised as a giant "fairy ring" of mushrooms during the day. At night they uproot themselves, start glowing like fireflies, and fly around in cloud formation.

Don't forget the children stealing! Darn Marys, always with their children stealing! Turn around for two seconds, and BAM! No more babies. All your babies are belong to Marys. Fairy Marys.

Ing
2006-05-25, 11:27 PM
more of a plot hook than a monster but...Bah

Marry Ring

the marry ring is a troop of several unique individuals. theories abound to where they came from, ranging from bastard children of gods, to humans warped by the outer planes, to half fay. the main circle is made of 5 members, and surronded by a outer circle of various fey or half fey. further amoungst them are mortal children, that they appear to sometimes, invite in their travels. The fact that none have ever seen the disapeared children at an older age troubles many sages.

Marry Ring
organization: inner circle +1d6 pixies or 1d4 half fey elves+ 1d6 children

Mustardseed
M fey (humanoid)
8d10=48
ac= 20=10+7dex+1natural+2magic
int 8
speed
abilities
str: 12=1
dex 24=7
con 12=1
int 15=3
wis 12=1
cha 11=0
bab: 6/1
attack: Claws +7. bite+4
damage: claw 1d6+1. bite 2d4+2
full round: 2 claws (7/5) and 1 bite (4)
saves: F (3) R(12) w(8)
skills: survival 10, spot 6, search 8, listen 8, bluff 4, sense motive 5, climb 20, jump 10, tumble 5
feats: dodge, run, power attack
special: regeneration, attack, spell like abilities
treasure: 1/2 standard double coin
CR=4

mustardseed appears in the form of a gnarled hunckbacked vaguely elven form with very pronounced and twisted goblinoid features especally in the face. its musky yellow skin has the texture and appearance of a bummpy gorde. he tends to be amoungst the most overly malevolent of the ring, attacking and biting viciously in combat

regeneration 5. cold iron
breath attack, once every 1d6 rounds, a cloud of noxious sulfuric fumes. range (threat area). DC of 20 or target takes 1d4 con and 1d6 damage for every round they continue to fail the fort save (deal damage at begining of round then roll fort save)
spell like abilities: as cast by a 6th caster
at will
light, fairy fire, daze, flare, acid splash, mage hand, presidigitation, ventriloquism, ghost sound, dancing light, spider climb, Hide from Animals,
5 times per day
glitter dust, bulls strength, enlarge (self), acid arrow, Heat Metal: Contagion: invisability

Cobweb
S fey (humanoid)
8d8=32
ac= 21 =10+1(size)+7dex+3magic
iint=7
abilities
str 7=-2
dex 25=7
con=10
int=13=2
wis=17=3
cha=20=5
bab 4
attack: claw +2
damage: claw 1d2
full round: 2 claws (+2/-2)
saves: F 3 R 11 W10
feats: higthen spell, widen spell
special: regeneration, adhesive, spell like abilities
skills: spellcraft 5, survival 2, climb 20, spot 8, search 4, jump 5, tumble 6
Alignment: CN
treasure: 1/4
CR 5

cob web appears as a withered female form, resembling a frail shrunken female elf. she is clad in a white wrapping giving her the resemblence of a miniture mummy. her eyes are black pools and her long hair is filled with crawling spiders and vermin.

regeneration 5 cold iron

adhesive: on a successful claw hit, target is considered grappled imediently. gains a +6 vs grapples

spell like abilities as a 7th caster
at will: spiderclimb, flare, dancing lights, fairy lights, glitter dust, daze, mage armor, summon swarm, pass without trace, Speak with Animals, web, mend
5 times per day: cure light wounds, dispell poison
3 times per day: cure critical wounds, dispell curse.

Mothball
S fey
6d8=42
ac= =10+1size+
int=
abilities
str 10
dex 13=2
con=15=3
int=22=6
wis=17=4
cha 8=-1

bab: 6/1
attacks: claw (6/1). dart (8/3)
damage: claw 1d4. dart 1d2
full round: 2 claw or 2 dart or 1 claw and 1 dart
saves: F 8 R 6 W 9
skills: alchlemy 5, climb 10, survival 10, jump 5, tumble 8, bluff 2, sense motive 4, spot 8, search 5
feats: pt blank shot, shot on the run
special: regeneration, dart poison, spell like abilities
allignment CE
CR; 5

moth ball appears as a bloated halfling covered in a white moldy fur. his face is canine and eyes are beady and glow red. he is inheritnly malevolent and greatly enjoys tricking people into wandeirng into quick sand or off cliffs. he oftens enchants people into sleep and then waits eagerly to see whether they awaken first or animales come to feed on them. either way he will have stollen all of their possesions before they realize it and have long disapeared.

regeneration,: 5 cold iron

dart poison, dart attacks deliver a sleeping poisons DC 12 sleep lasts for 6d6 hours.

spell like abilities as a 5th level caster
at will
Touch of Fatigue:, ray of frost, dancing lights, fairie fire, unseen servent, fog, obscuring mist
5 times per day: doom, Grease:, color spray, disguise self, ventriloquism, solid fog, chill metal, sleep. Blur, invisibility, Misdirection:, minor image
3 times per day: darkness, Hideous Laughter: rusting grasp

Willow
M fey (plant)
10d6=80
ac= 18 =10+3dex+5natural
int
abilites
str 17=4
dex 15=3
con 20=5
int 10
wis 15 3
cha 16 4
bab 5
attack Slam+9
damage: 1d6+4
full round 1 slam
saves: F 8 R 4 W 10
skills: survival 11, hide 8, climb 4, bluff 5, sense motive 5
feats: power attack
special: plant subtype, regeneration, damage reduction, spell like abilities
cr 6

appearing as a small tree entish like form, roughly a hunchbacked eldelry woman made entirly out of tree bark and folliage.

plant subtype, (double damage from fire)

regeneration, 5 cold iron or fire

damage reduction, 10 from bluegon and peirce

spell like abilities; as a 7th druid
at will
Entangle, Faerie Fire: guidence, flare, detect poison, dancing lights, Magic Fang: long strider, tree shape, warp wood, wood shape
5 times per day
Shillelagh, Barkskin: diminish plants, plant growth, entangle, speak with plants,
3 time per day
command plants, spike growth, tree stride
once per day
wall ot thorns, fire seeds

Ing
2006-05-27, 03:26 PM
sorry townfolk this one is more a joke than a real monster, though if u want rules agianst H and greater characters i suppose....

Townsfolk
G swarm (humanoid)
300h4=315
ac= 8 =10 -2 size
abilities
str 40
dex 10
con 12
int 10
wis 20
cha 30
bab(swarm)
damage: 10d20+4d6 fire
saves: R-2, F 15, W (swarm)
special: swarm traits
feats: track, run
chalange rating 15
treasure standard
allignment any

townsfolk swarms form when the local humanoid peasents sense a threat dire enough for them to deal with directly. typicly a flesh golem or sudden outsider they are xenophobic agianst, or a notorious crime is enough to cause the town folk to swarm. the swarm deals damage to every target in is area as the peasents beat them with sticks and torches. when disperesed the swarm disperses into 2d100+99 level 1 commoners

Ing
2006-05-28, 02:55 PM
((moving my previous namesake monsters to this thread...to get all the eggs in one basket. i reconmend the Vorpal Tribble and Illsbane. did some editing to fix stuff))

Starwolf
M magical beast
hd 12d8= 48
ac= 21=10+3dex+8 magic
int 5
abilities
str 15:3
dex 15:3
con 10: 0
int 5 (-3)
wis 10 (0)
cha 12 (1)
saves F (5) R (9) W (5)
attask: Claw +8/3, bite 8
full attack 2 claws + 1 bite
damage claw 1d6+3, bite 2d4+4
special: invisibliity, spell like abilities, sneak attack,
feats: combat exertise, combat reflexes, dodge, run, spring attack, mobility
alignment N
chalange rating 10

the star wolf apperas as a vaguely canine like figure made of a pure black substance the color of midnight. shifting white dots of light move across its skin. in the pure darkness of night it blends in with the night sky perfectly, becoming near invisible. it can darken its lights when it needs to to further blend in. they are vicious and alien predators. thy have never been seen to eat their pray, and simply drag them away into the night. it is unknown what they do with their victims

special
invisiblity: in darkness or starlight, a starwolf can shift its paternt to become nearly invisible. since it is a physical illusion true seeing nor does see invisible reveal it. once it attacks a spot check of 35 can see it and locate it. a natural light source can take away its background and reveal it.

sneak attack: when invisible it deals an extra 3d6 damage

spell like abilities: at will extinguish, fairy fire, dancing lights, flare, daze. 5 times per day, magic missile, greater darkness, sound lance, gaseous form. searing light, scorching ray.
as if cast by a 8th level caster

skills: +20 to hide in darkness.

Karsh
M outsider
5d8=40
ac 23= 10+2 natural+3 dex+8 magic
int: 7
abilities
str: 12=1
dex 15=3
con 20=5
int 11=0
wis 20=5
cha 8=-2
attacks: claw +8
damage: claw 1d6+1
full attack: 3 claws. (8/8/8)
special: temporal distortion, spells, levitation, hurricane claws, blur
feats: combat reflexes, quicken spell, power attack, weapon finese,
alignment: usually NE
organization: single or hour (3-12)
treasure: double standard

a Karsh is an outsider from the outer realms. they're lanky skeletal like creatures, with warped gray skin, the patern of melted graphite. they often wear robes when traveling on the mortal plane, possibly because the light of the sun bothers them. originating from a plane very far removed and where time flows erraticly their mear prescence effects normal creature's perception of time. they're greedy but enigmantic, no one has been able to communicate with them or descern what they want. however those who summon them find them very willing to fullfill the tasks they were called for.

special
temporal distortion: any within 50 feet of the Karsh have their perceptions of time distorted. they must make a will save of 15 or fail at any attack. furthermore Initiative is randomized, all save the Karsh loose their modifiers and take the worst of 2 initative rolls.

spell like abilities: at will, daze, flar, haste, slow, entrophic sheild
3 times per day great speed, sloth (my own upgrades of haste and slow, i'll post in a bit, look for the sorcerer varrient thread i made in the meantime), 5times per day: true strike, displacement, blink, dimension door.
the abilities are mearly illusions of the Karsh by selecitvly manipulating the time distortion they cause, therefore it is not effected by anti-magic or dispells.

, levitation: Karsh levitate roughly 1-3 feet off the ground. 3 times per day they can create an effect lke fly. ,
hurricane claws:Karsh move supernaturally fast. all aditional attacks have the same attack bonus as the highest one

blur: have the constant effect as if a blur spell

Vorpal Tribbles
Diminitive magical beast
Hd (1D4)
Hp (4)
AC: (18)=10+4 size+4 dex
Abilities
Str: 5 (-3)
Dex: 17 (4)
Con (10)
Int (1)
Wis (10)
Cha (6)
Attack: Bite +7 (2D4-3)
Full round: bites (7)
saves: F(4), R (10), wll (10)
Special: mass multiply. Gnawing bite, vorpral bite, sense magic
Feats: weapon finese (bite), evasion, uncanny dodge
Skills (+10 on burrow, +5 on climb, -5 on swim, spot +2, listen +4)
ALignment: NN
Grouping: single, trio, or swarm (5-10)
Cr: 2

Created form the most irresponsalbe uses of magic and neglect, the Vorpral tribbles look at first like cute little spherical puff balls of soft downy or silky fur about the size of a kitten. a pair of black eyes are the only features that makes the top recognizable from the bottom, however when agitated they reveal a long toothy smile that stretches almost entirly around their body, filled with razor sharp teeth. These vicious animals are not to be mistaken as pets and can turn in an instant. Tribbles are passive and harmless as long as there is no magic around for them to feed on. Enginered by magic they can only reproduce once they have been fed mystical energies, but once they do there is nearly nothing short of extermination that can stop the endless breeding and sudden savage nature. Tribbles hone in on any magic they might sense and seek immediently to devour it, becoming violent in this presuit. once they ingest the magic they sweel up, becoming horible monsters and begin to reproduce (via budding) and endless supply of the monsters. Once a tribble has ingested magic and become a breeder it becomes savage and vicious attacking anything it comes across. if left unchecked one tribble can cause an infestation that can cripple entire cities.

Mass multiply: If the Tribble becomes the target for a spell or psionic ability, the spell has a 75% chance to fail, if it does the Tribble has absorbed the magic and converts it into reproduction from that point on that tribble grows to twice its size (adding +3 to its attack damage, hit die changes to d6 and gaining +2 hit die) and every round produces 2 other normal tribbles. This ability is triggered if a Tribble ever makes contact with a magical potion, or eats a magical item, artifact or scroll. The Tribble continues to produce offspring until it is slain.

Sense magic: a tribble can automaticly discern whether a source of magic is within 50 feet of itself

Gnawing bite: open a successful bite attack a tribble can attempt a graple (+0) as a free action. the tribble deals bite damage for each round it remains grappled.

Vorpal bite: when a Tribble scores a successful critical hit, the tribble severs whatever limb it bite on to (chosen by random or by DM).

Racial Skills: a Tribble gnaws through wood and stone easily allowing it to effectivly burrow in any surface or through straight walls, Tribbles are very unboyant and almost immediently upon submersion begin to drown.

Jackman (AKA Springglads, Spring heeled)
Medium Outsider
Hd (6 D 8 )= 32
AC: 23= 7(dex)+(5+ natural)
INT=7
abilities
STr: 15 (3)
Dex (24) (7)
Con 13 (1)
Int (10) 0
wis 15 (3)
Cha 18 (4)
attacks: 2 slashes +10, jump stomp+11
damage: slash (1d6+3), jump stomp (2D6+11 Crit 18-20X3)
Full round: 2 slashes (10/5) or 1 stomp (11)
saves: F( R(12), will (5)
feats: dodge, mobiliity, spring attack, power attack
special qualaties: Fire breath, jump stomp, aura of fear, Damage reduction 5 (peirce, slash).
Organization: 1
alignment: always CE
treasure: standard
skills: Jump (+20), escape artist (9)
chalange rating: 8
advancement: as class level (rogue)

Jackmen appear as tall lanky humanoids, resmebling fuller figured elves or slender trolls, sometimes they are hunch backed. their hair is usually red and wild and their eyes are pools of black flame. they wear colorful outfits, often with a cape, have iron claws for hands vicious fangs, and strange spring like aparatis's on their feet. they often attack stray travelers or young women.

fire breath: 1d4 rounds a Jackman can breath a burst of blue fire into an immediate targets face. this magical fire paralizes the target for 2D6 rounds (will of 18 negates and only stunds the target for 1 round)

jump stomp: as a full round action, a Jackman can jump into the air and land on a target inflicing damage, a Jackman can leap over any other targets to attack and strike at any target within its allowed movement, due to their spring attack they can also strike at half distance and then bounce back or continue moving. Jackmen can chose to automaticly leap at least 10 feet in the air without a jump check and use this to their advantage in combat while moving.

Damage reduction 5: save cold iron.

aura of fear: DC 15

spell like abilities: at will (jump, daze, flare, feather fall, change self, expedatious retreat) once per day (grease, hideous laughter, dimension door)

Hadrian_Emrys
Small Construct
Hd: 12d10: 60
AC: 17=10+1 size+3 natural+3
abilities
Str: 0
Dex: 15 (3)
con -
int 25: 7
wis 20: 5
cha 10 (0)
attacks: Ramming +5
damage: raming 1D6
special: Spell like abilities, levitation, flyby attack
feats: quicken spell, still spell, silent spell, uncanny dodge, evasion
organization: 1 or pair
alignment: any
chalange rating 8

the Hadrian_Emrys appears as a bust of its wizard creator. inside it has magicly been altered to carry a small copy of its creator's consciencness and magical powers. the bust has no arms or legs and moves by levitation. often they're used as a hidden guard or ward to protect wizard's offices or chambers

levitate: the Hadrian_Emrys can move 20 feet in any direction with pervent menuvability each round

flybyattack

spell like abilities. at will (ghost sound, mage hand, presidigitation, flare, daze, magic missile, hold portal, flaming hands, web, haste, mage armor, sheild) 5 times per day(slow, flaming sphere, color spray) 3 times per day (lightning bolt, , crushing dispair, hideous laughter, fire ball). once per day (delayed fire ball) as a 10th level caster

Creation: craft check of 25 (stone cutting), 10,000 gold for marbel and labor, a ring of wizardry to be inserted inside the statue. ability to cast polymorph any object, magic jar, levitate, greater ward.

Mercutio
Medium Undead
Hd: 6D10=30
AC: 22=10+5 natural+7 dex
INT: 10
abilities
str: 10 (0)
dex 24 (7)
con _
int 10
wis 10
cha 10
attacks: slam +8, peirce +10.
damage: slam 2d6+poison, peirce 1D6+poison
full attack, 2 slams or 2 peirces or 1 slam and 1 peirce
special: poison, metalic, undead traits, curse, mirror jump, damage reduction, fast healing 1
feats: power attack, dodge, uncanny dodge, whirlwind attack, improved grapple
alignment: usually CE
chalange rating 8

a Mercutio, also called a quicksilver ghost is a spirit created by the vengence of a dying man's last words. often caught between a fight they arn't involved with or the victim of voilence, the slain spirit returns from the grave on the next full moon as a Mercutio. the Mercutio is compleatly dedicated to punishing those it cursed with its dying breath, and seeks only to destroy them and anything that stands in its way. a mercutio appears as a shade of the wronged victim made in what appears to be quick siliver.

Curse: a Mercution cannot truely be slain untill its body is unburried, and reburried with its intended victimes offering a new funeral and ritual seeking its forgiveness. the bones must be reburried upside down and wraped in a silk cloth or locked inside a lead coffin. untill this occures, even if the Mercutio is reduced to 0 hit points it simply disolves and reforms anew on the next full moon.

Mirror jump: a Mercutio can disapear into any reflective solid surface and reappear out of any like surface anywhere in the world. the size must be tinyl or greater for it to appear out of, save for mirrors which it can appear and disapear out of regardless of its size. it can appear out of polished swords, polished glass, mirrors, silver wear, golden jewlry

poison: a Mercutio is made out of mercury and those hit with its peirce attack must make a DC 18 or subcome to mercury poisoning, after 1d4 days they take a permanent 1d6 wis damage and 1d4 con damage. those hitting a Mercutio with unarmed or natural wapons must also make this save

metalic: a mercutio is immune to most spells save the following
heat metal acts as the haste ability
chill metal acts as slow
tranmute metal to wood destroys it's current body immediently
healing spells damage it as an undead
fire based damage grants it a +4 attack and damage bonus to its peirce attacks for 1d4 rounds
lightning spells reflect off randomly
cold based damage has a 50% chance of freezing it into a solid form for 2d6 rounds, if 10 damage is done to it while frozen its body is destroyed till the next full moon.

damage reduction: 10 peirce, 8 slash, 2 bluegon.
fast healing 1 per round.

PheoKun
Collosal magical beast (aquatic, shapeshifter)
hd 32d12: 282
ac: 21=10-4 size, +15 natural
Int: 2
abilities
str: 40 (15)
dex 5 (-3)
con (41) (15)
int 4 (-3)
wis 18 (4)
cha 10 (0)
attacks: slam +20, tail slap+27, bite (17)/ claw +20, peck +17
damage: slam 4d10+15, tail slap 8d12+22, bite 2d10+22/ claw 2d10+18, peck 8d10+25
full round: 1 slam and 1 bite, 2 slams, or 1 tail slap.
special: transformation, resurection,
feats: power attack,
organization: 1 or school 3
allignment: CG or TN
chalange rating 18

there live a kind of giant mysterious fish in the northern sea. These fish are called Kun. Nobody knows how big these fish actually are. They can turn into giant birds. When they are in bird form, they are known as Peng. Nobody knows how big these birds actually are. When they fly, their wings are like the colorful clouds in the sky. When there is a storm in the northern sea, the Peng will fly to the southern sea.

transformation: as a full round action a Pheokun can transform into a collosal pheonix. its abilities are the same save it gains the pheonix's spell like abilities and ability to fly, it cannot breath water. another full round action is required to return to normal

resurection: should a Pheokun die it bursts into ashes, in the form of a great pillar of fire that reaches out even underwater to the sky. the ashes are flung into teh air and carried by the wind to the northern sea, where they form a new Pheokun egg that hatchs into a infant in 10D10 years.

swallow whole: a creater 2 size catagores smaller than it can be swallowed whole on a successful bite attack.

Storybook Knight
M apperation
Hd 6d6 20
Ac: 20=10+5 natural+5 dex
int=5
abilitie
str 17 (4)
dex 20 (5)
con _
int 10 (0)
wis 20 (5)
cha 10 (0)
attacks: great sword +9/6/1, throwing star +8
damage: great sword 2d6+8, throwing star 1d4+4
full round: 3 great sword strikes, or 3 ninja stars (8/5/1)
special: swarm form, combustable, paper healing, flat, book birthed
feats: power attack, combat expertise, combat reflexes, whirlwind attack
organization: single or troop (3-5)
allignment: any
chalange rating 6

a story book creature is a template that can be added to any creature. a story book creature is a astral manifestation of a delusion, halucination or imagination, recorded in pen on an book filled with ancient magic. once called forth or accidnetly manifested the living halucination begins to act out whatever desire of its creater's id caused it to manifest. it is somewhat of a psionic construct. story book creatures take a phsyical form by bending pages of books and tomes around them to form a body. a common form is the story book knight which appears as a ful plated paladin or knight made out of scraps of paper torn form books futtering around eachother.

swarm: as a move action a story book creature can disolve into a swarm of animated paper of M size

combustable: takes double damage from fire, 90% to catch aflame form fire attacks

paper healing: by tearing out pages form books or calling from paper around it, it can summon new pages to repair its form. in libraries or other paper rich areas this gives it a 10 fast healing

flat: can fit through any surface a peice of paper can flat or crumbled up.

book birthed: can only truely be destroyed when the book it was spawned from is dispelled or destroyed. if reduced to 10 hit points it losses form only to regain it once it finds enough paper, 1d4 rounds in a library, or 1d20 days in the wild.

Hentia Horror
L abberation
10d10: 55
AC: 25=10+10dex+5 natural
INT
abiities
Str 20 (5)
dex 30(10)
con 12 (1)
int 8 (-1)
wis 10 (0)
cha 13 (2)
saves: f(8 ), r(12) w(2)
attacks: tentacle +15
damage: tentacle 1d5+5
full round: 6 tentalces
special: forced intrusion, squirt
feats: improved graple, improved grab, multi-attack
organization: single or orgy (3-10)
chalange rating 10

a horrid abomination spawned form hell itself, it is believed to be the creation of a perticually nasty and vile ritual of succubi and incubi copulation.

forced intrusion: on a successful grapple check the tentacles 'forcly intrude upon the victim's orafices. each round critical damage is done (3d6+15), until the graple is broken.

squirt: each round that a tantacle makes a forced intrusion attack the Hentia Horror makes a will save (10+# of rounds of forced intrusion) to see if it can (REASON CENSORED FOR REASONS OF SANITY AND WHOLESOMENESS), if failed the tentacle releases a spary of acidic...stuff...inside or on it's target dealing 6d6 acid damage and 1d6 con damage. if the graple is broken on that round only the acid damage is dealt and acts as a spray.

fast healing 5

impregnation: if a female target survives the squirt damage, or any subsequent combat damage, they are impregnated with a hentia horror spawn, after 3d10 days of incubation teh spawn bursts forth from the chest of its host, killing it.

Gijsstrider
M Demon Prince(outsider, evil)
20d12=260
Ac 34=10+5+natural 5+demonic chain shirt of Simony +5 +sheild of avarice +4+5 magic
Int=5
ability
str 25 (7)
dex 20 (5)
con 20 (5)
int 17 (3)
WIS 30 (10)
cha 20 (5)
bab: 16
attacks: flaming board sword of tyrany +23, sheild bash (20),
damage: 2d6+11+2d6 fire, sheild bash 1d8+7
full attack: 3 sword slashes, 16/10/5 or 2 and 1 sheild bash
special: fire aura, feindish traits, spells, dark aura
feast: power attack, eschew ingridients, silent spell, still spell, enlarge spell, widen spell, combat reflexes, dodge, combat expertise,
treasure: double standard, tripple coins, +gear
advancement by class

spells: at will (bane, curse water, magic missile, change self, sugestion), 5 times per day (fire ball, contaigion, bestow curse, vile bolt, shout, crushing dispair,raise undead, phantasmal killer) 3 times per day (meteor storm, earthquake, delayed fire ball, teleport without error, power word kill) once per week (resurection, hero's feast, money fall)

fire aura: deals +5 damage fire to all in threat range

fire subtype

dark aura: adds cha to AC and BAB

demonic chain shirt of Simony: this exceptional peice of chain mail made out of interlinking coins of many metals. it is cursed and forged from the manifestations of priests who have sold out their cause, flock or diety. any who wear it must make a DC (30), causing them to become obsessed with wealth and money as if under a mental illness. must make a DC (20) to resist any offer of money, regardless of morall cost, and Dc (15) to resist parting with any object of wealth.

Sheild of Averice: the polishe sheild has the ability to reflect paranoid delucions into those who look into it, 30 by 30 cone of effect. thsoe hit by it become insanly greedy and avarice, either attacking the nearest person who has more wealth than them, or they must make a will 30 whenever they see a coin or other item of wealth, if they fail they are forced to pick it up and stroke the item, treasuring it for 1d4 rounds. The demonic prince often uses his money fall ability to generate coins raining from teh sky, rendering armies sent agianst him helpless from their own greed. Paladin's are immune to this effect

broad sword of tyrany: grants +4 morale bonus to LE characters in range. Chaotic and neutral alignments must make a DC or be effect as if the dominate creature and fear spell (DC's 18/23) respectivly.

Illsbane
h magical beast (aquatic)
hd: 20d8=180
ac 19=10-1 size+10 natural armor
int 5
abilities
str: 25 (7)
dex 10 (0)
con 20 (5)
int 7 (-2)
wis 10 (0)
cha (20) (5)
Bab: 8
attacks: gore 15, bite 18
damage: 1d12+7, 2d8+11
full round: 2 gorges (15/11) or 1 bite
special: breath attack, water blessing, needle spray, spell like abilities, damage reduction, divine health. detect magic, detect allignment, tremorsense
feats: power attack, combat reflexes, imroved overrun, spring attack, dodge.
skills: swim: 37, jump (breaching) (17), knowledge geography 20, knowledge nature 20, knowlede sea lore 20.
organization: always single
allignment: usually CG or CN
treasure: in cove double standard
chalange rating: 15

the Illsbane also known as a Blessing Eel is a large serpentine creature that resembles a cross between a tarpin, a catfish, and a collosal eel, with a pair of large scythe like tusks jutting out of their crooked crocadilian mouth. they propell themselve by slitheringg and flaping 2 flippers, and use their 4 mouth whiskers to sense their surrondings. the Illsbane stakes out a portion of water, usually in a isolated island or salfemale genitaliaer cove and quickly creates an underwater lair. there it collects any debris it finds in its territory, often a varity of items that fell into the sea the Illsbane collects in its nest like a dragon horde in an effort to attract the attentions of a mate in teh rare event that an illsbane of the oppisite gender crosses into their territory. so far there is only a handfull of these creatures known in the realm. they usually remain ellusive, but are feircly territorial of their waters and destroy those that endanger it. dispite its violent and seclusive nature the Illsbane is sometimes sought out for its rare gifts.

breath attack: once per 1d4 rounds a Illsbane can release a 100 ft long by 10 feet wide cone of concentrated water dealing 6d6 damage, reflex save of 25, in the water teh breath attack becomes a powerful rip tide dealing 3d6 and has a range of 50 ft and 30 feet wide. this water deals double damage to undead

water blessing: all water within twice the threat radius of the the Illsbane, is blessed as holy water. this water also has the added effect of acting as a remove disease spell, as if cast by a lv 15 cleric, curing all but the most viral of magical illnesses. it is believed that bathing long enough in the water can even sure supernatural diseases and possibly undeath! (see spell like abilities)

damage reduction: 8, +4 weapontry

divine health: as the paladin ability, this ability extends to all creatures within the water in the ill'sbane threat range. the water looses its magic immediently upon being removed from the prescence of the Illsbane. a character must stay 3d6 minutes within the water to gain its full effects.

detect alignment and detect magic: the Illsbane's whiskers sense all magic and alignment of creatures it an sense.

tremosense: the wiskers give it a +10 spot to sense all creatures in the water, regardless of concealment.

Needle spray: once per 1d6 rounds the Illsbane can unlease a volly of poisonous barbs from its back landing in a cone 30 by 30, the damage dealt is 4d4+5 damage and counts as a smite evil. the needles are poisonous and a fort save of 25 must be made or the subject takes an initial 1d6 str damage and 2 con and an additional 1d4 str every 1d10 rounds. the poison is not neutralized by the Illsbane's own healing water, but it can neutralize it if it chooses so as a free action.

spell like abilities: winning the favor of an illsbane can bring many favorable results, though their nature makes them hard to approach safly much less communicate with
as cast by a level 15 caster.
at will: cure critical wounds, know direction, charm animals, create water, purify food and drink, jump, pass without trace, neutralize poison.
5 times per day: obscuring mist, magic fang, chill metal, contagion
3 times per week: hero's feast, reserection, reincarnation, restoration, control water, hallow, heal, Cure Critical Wounds, Mass, regeneration, sympathy
oncer per month: restore life (subject is youthaned up to 6d6+cha years. can choose to reduce as low to 1d6 hd. )
note that any effects from an Illsbane's spells are not healed or neutralized by the Illsbane's magic water unless it choses to do so

BelkarsDagger
tiny construct
hd 4d6= 12
ac: 17=10+5+2
int=8
ability
str: 18 (4)
dex 20 (5)
con _
int 0
wis 0
cha 0
bab: 18/12/6/1
movement: flight 30ft
attacks: stab (22/16/10/5)
damage: 1d6+4 critical 19-20x3
special: sneak attack, levitate, spells.
feats: dodge, combat reflexes, power attack. damage reduction
organization: 1 or set (12)
allignment: any (usually C)
chalange rating 5

BelkarsDagger is a dagger iwth a ornate hilt carved in the face of a barbarian or monster. it is infused with a magical ability and made insanly hostile. used often as wards the magical knives are programed to attack any creature that enters they're resting place save their master, somtimes this is tied to a safe word or talisman. they can be programed for only simple tasks, but seem to excele at tasks involving death, example, lie dormant when an adventure discovers you and after 10 minutes animate out of their bag and attack them. somtimes they are programed to masquarade as regular items until a word or set time is given, often surprising hte party that has looted them

sneak attack: as rogue, 3d6
levitate: perfect mobility in flying
spells:
5 times per day: magic missile, heat metal, chill metal, magic weapon.
3 times per day: haste, true strike
once per day: animate object.

on-D (Doom bound Jack)
M apperation
6d10=50
ac 20=10+3+7
int: 3
abilities
str 18 (4)
dex 15 (3)
con _
int 12 (1)
wis 15 (3)
cha 12 (1)
bab 8/2
attacks broad sword ghastly, (+12/6), his own severed head as a flail (+15)
damage: ghastly broad sword (2d6+2d6 ice damage +6), severed head (2d4+4 +1d2 con)
special: breath attack, severed head, undead traits, spells, incoperial
feats: power attack, combat expertise,
chalange rating 10
treasure double standard

a ghastly apperation appears, a paladin clad in blood soaked armor, holding his own head by the braided mane of his hair. hateful blue flames vomit out of his nostrils as he swings his head over his body like a mace.

breath attack: once every 1d4 rounds as a free action he can vomit forth a fountain of blue flame dealing 3d6 fire and 3d6 ice damage. range is 10 feet and a cone of 10 feet.

severed head: damage done to the body counts as subdueal damage and heals as if he had fast healing 5. targeting the head gives a -4 bonus as if doiing subdual damage. if reduced to 0 nonlethal damage the apperation evaporates, leaving the suit of armor and sword and the skull to his severed head. he regenerates his body in 2d4 nights and instantly appears to his armor and sword to reclaim it.

incorporial: while his body and head are ethereal, his armor adn weapons are material.

spells: as a level 6 wizard
fire ball, flaming hands, cone of cold, chill metal, ghoul touch, vampire touch, create undead, control undead, creeping doom, fire sheild (fire type).

Boss Smily
L undead
1212=72
ac= 10+
int 2
fly 30 feet
abilities
str 25 (7)
dex 8 (-1)
con_
int 18 (4)
wis 19 (4)
cha 20 (5)
bab 10/4
attacks: bite+20, slam +17/11
damage: 3d8+10, 1d10+7
full round: 2 slams or 1 bite
special: incorporial, fire subtype, improved grab, swallow whole,
feats: power attack, fly by attack
alignment: CE
halange rating: 10
treasure: double standard

appearing as a flying severed head, dangling the burning remains of its body behind it, and forever forzen in a twisted, inhumanly wide preverted grin, the smilies are flying horrors that haunt gallows, prisons and other places of execution. the original Smily was sead to be created when an inspiring nobleman who overthrew the town's local king died. to punish his treason his body was unburried, hanged, drawn and quartered and his remains burned. conceivably a dark power was at work and from the vengence of the king a form of fire and flesh rose, forever stuck in the dumb-hatter smile he died with (as a result of his enemies poisoning him) this boss smily is said to haunt the ghost town he once over threw and commands all of his fellows from this grizzly throne

incorporial: as a free action can become ethereal and incorporial, cannot damage while incorporial. free action returns to normal

fire sub type:

swallow whole: as normally, but inside the target is damaged from 4d6 magically flames per round.

immunity to turning: when attempted to turning the Boss Smily responds with belching forth a gust of air smelling of the rotting mint smell that the herb he was poisoned with gives off. (DC 15 or be effected as a slow spell)

create spawn: if a Smily Boss kills its foe with a bite attack, it swallows the body whole and severs the head. inside teh head and body are transformed by its flames into a smily

Regular Smily:
4d12=24
abilities
str: 10
dex 15 (2)
con_
int 10
wis 10
cha 8 (-1)
fire subtype

Shadow Malachite (Prismatic Moth)
Huge magical beast (insect)
hd 20d12=220
AC 18=10-2+8 natural +2
int
abilities
str 30 (10)
dex 15 (2)
con 20 (5)
int 7 (-2)
wis 11 (0)
cha 20 (5)
bab: 8/2
attacks: bite+18/12,
damage: 2d8+15
special: flapping wings, prismatic gloss, shade, silk
feats: fly by attack, power attack
chalange: 15

the Shadow Malachite is a towering insect, with a pair of the most breathtaking wings knwon to entamologists. after a geastation as a giant catapiller for decades it slips into a cacoon and emerges nearly half a century later as a Prismatic Moth. it is a rarely spoted creature and soon dies (for its life span, a meer 10-20 years later) durring which it finds a mate, carves out a lair and prepares a new brood of larva. upon death its body is eaten by its brood. the creature if fiercly territorial and a vicious eater, seeking out dead or living live stock or other sizeable animals to feed its gestating brood. male Malachite's are less stunning lack the Prismatic gloss, have only half the hd, and die immediently after mating with a female, as they are consumed and their body turned into a makeshift cradle for the eggs.

wings: the flapping of the wings produces great wind gusts, it acts as if permently protected by wind wall, and every round causes an effect like gust of wind to all in its immedient threat range. 3 times per week it can flap its wings hard enough to form a whirlwind, as the cleric spell

prismatic gloss: the gloss of the top part of the wings gives the various effects to onlookers as if it were a prismatic wall

silk: the Shadow Malachite can unleash globs of brilliantly colored silk as a move action, acting as web spell. the webbing does not disapear and is worth 300 gold per pound. they use this to line their lairs, form their crystalis's and egg sacks and to ensnare pray to eat or feed to their brood

shade: 5 times per day the shadow malachite can morph the shadow it casts in its wake forming illusionary spells like the spell Shadow conjunctior as if cast by a 10th level wizard.

Thiel
S outsider
hd: 6d6= 30
ac= 23= 10+1 +7(dex)+5(deflect)
abilities
str 5 (-3)
dex 24 (7)
con 10
int 10
wis 15 (3)
cha 20 (5)
attacks: slam +10, bite +8
damage; slam 1d4-3, bite 1d4-3+poison
full attack; 3 slams (10/8) and 1 bite (8)
special: flight, hoodwink, spell like abilities. sneak attack
feats: dodge, combat reflexes, mobility, weapon fineese
organization 1 or flock (3-8)
treasure: standard+1 medium magical item+1 bag of holding
skills: move silently 17, hide 20.

Thiel: are small flighty imp like creatures from the higher planes. propelling themselves ahead on 4 humminb bird like wings, these small creatures coated in yellow downy fluff. 4 tentacles dangle form its body and a small bird like head peeks up out of the top. Thiel are the higherplanes answer to Imps, they are often sent as messangers, the greatest problem is their joy in shiny objects, leading them to act with apparent gleeful kleptomania.
special:
flight: fly at a speed of 30feet per round, with fly by attack and perfect mobility.
hoodwink: gains a bonus of +5 on slight of hands used to pick pockets, a stolen item automaticly slips into the bag of holding.
spell like abilities
at will: magic missile, cure light wound, virtue, mage hand presidigitation
5 times per day: magic missile, true strike, foxes cunning, sleep, hypnotic pattern, day light.
3 times per day, shocking grasp
poison: fort save 15 1d6 str damage and 1d4 str every hour
sneak attack: +1d6

Traveling Angle
M Outsider
Hd 6d8= 36
ac= 17=10+4 magic+3dex+2 deflect
abilities
dex 15 (3)
con 13 (2)
int 25 (7)
wis 26 (8)
cha 25 (7)
bab and grapple = 12/6 and 17
attacks: broad sword 19/13
damage: broad sword 2d6+5 +1d6 good
full attack 4 broad sword: 8/2 8/2
special: disguise self, spell like abilities, aura of light,
feats: 2 weapon fighting, 2 weapon defense, weapon specialization. power attack, combat expertise
skills: bluff 17, sense motive 18, disguise 30,
allignment: NG
chalange rating 16

The traveling angel is seen by many people every day...though they do not realize it. Travlers are sent by their deities to test mortals who have gained the dieties attention. They are often sent to test cleric's who have strong piety but wavering morality, or N characters whome dieties believe might become potential paladins or clerics. a traveling angle will typicly disguise itself to take on the form of a wretched untouchable or peasent and test its mark by requesting a small act of kindness or mercy. If denied the angel is given the permission by the diety to punish its target in a manner appropriate to his offense. many a monster and cursed freak creature were once humans who abused the god's blessings with selfishness and greed, only to be struck down and humbled in a most horrible fashion.

disguise self: travelng angle can take the form of any sentient mortal creature and compleate a disguise appropriate with cloaths gear and props. this also hids its magical aura and traces of its alignment

spell like abilities
at will: fly, magic weapon, mage armor, flaming strike, teleport without error, planar jump,
5 times per day, fire ball, searing light, destroy undead,
3 times per day, bestow curse, miracle, balefull polymorph, circle of protection agians evil, geas/quest, mark of justice, greater invisiability

typicly a traveling angle will use its miracle to bring down a punishment, often resulting in a dramatic change in the judge's life. the curses often have a end trigger, where the diety agrees to life it if a test/task is accomplished often as a way to punish/educate the judged in their actions.

aura of light: in its true form the angle emits a halo of pure light that deals 4d6 damage to all undead and 2d6 against all evil outsiders. those who have failed the test or are of LE or CE are blinded and paralized by the light. will save of 30 negates status effects

Bugaboo
H magical beast
10d8= 120
ac= 13=-2 +5 natural
int=1
land speed: 40
abilities
str 25 (7)
dex 10 (0)
con 20 (5)
int 5
wis 8
cha 6
attacks: claw +8, bite 15
damage: claw 1d6+7, bite 2d8+10
saves: f (10) r (5) w (2)
special: vorpal bite, burrow, fear, damage reduction, spell like abilities, swallow whole, spit
feats: power attack, improved over run, improved bull rush
organization: single or triad
chalange rating 10

a bugaboo is a pale sickly barrel shapped creature, that lives in swamp and marsh lands. barreling through the boggy forests above and bellow ground the beast charges at its pray, opening its wide jaws. the jaw hinges open to nearly half the creatures length. Their ability to chew through chalangers and spread fear and terror to the surronding area makes them a deadly pest for neighboring villiages and civiliztions

vorpal bite, on a critical hit of 20 if the threat is confired it bites its target in half and rends its body sending limbs flying around in a 30 foot radius, compleatly decimating the body

burrow, can move through moist ground at 2/3 its bse land speed. can move through solid ground at 1/3 its base lands speed

fear, all who see the bugaboo must make a will save of 20 or be effected as if the fear spell. all withoing 10 miles are effected when they sleep as if the nightmare spell...making the bugaboo a serious menance to sanity

damage reduction, 5 silver or +2 weapons negate

spell like abilities,
at will
fear, ghole touch, confusion, nightmare, create water.
3 times per day per day, phatasmal killer, soften earth and stone, ensnare
once per day: transmute stone to mud. temporary insanity, gaseous form

swallow whole, 1 size catagory, 20 damage to break free, does 2d6 acid and 1d8 crushing each round

spit: can unlease a thread of sticky mucus, intiaiting a free graple with a +15 modifier. those caught are slowly roped towards the bugaboo's waiting mouth.

Were-Sandwich
2006-05-28, 03:09 PM
Actually, my name comes from a conversation I had in an art lesson.

Erm.., about that template...

Ing
2006-05-28, 03:26 PM
were sandwhich

(b) racial traits (/b)

STR+0
DEX+0
CON+4
INT+0
WIS+0
CHA+0

(Curse of sanwchich). on a full moon they transform compleatly into a sandwhich. they can take no actions or any turns and are treated as an object. if eaten they heal 4d6 pts to the consumer and imposses the spell Hero's feast onto the consumer. if they are half eatned 2d6 hp is healed, and the consumer gains a +2 moral bonus. if fully consumed the consumer must make a fort save 25 or the curse of the were sandwhich is pased on to him!

(Sandwhich hybrid form) as a full round action they can shift into a sandwhich type form, that is a cross between a human and a deli food item. they gain benefits dependong on what kiind of sandwhich their curse inflicts on them in addition to the following
*are healed by both cure wounds and repair wounds.
*mend heals 2d6 damage.
*purify food cures them of curses, ability damage, disease and poison
*create food: heals 2d4 damage and cures ability damage (if no abilty damage they get a +2 con bonus)

curse of sandwhich: anyone bit by them takes a DC 18 or is cursed to themselves become a were sandwhich

Random table for sandwhiches. roll 2d4 times
roll sandwhich trait effect on player
1-10 hard roll +2 natural armor on sandwhich/hybrid form form
11-20 hard salami natural weapons are treated as +1 weaopns
12-30 stale -10 land speed +2 natural armor in hybrid form
31-40 club style gains a large tooth pick as a weapon in sandwhich form (short spear)
41-50 stinky cheese all present make dc12 or are nausiated while in sandwhich form
51-60 rottin meat anyone eating the sandwhich takes damage instead of healing it
61-70 special sauce anyone eating the sandwhich recovers/is inflicted with (if it also has the rotten meat trait) double damage
71-80 processed meat by products. anyone eating the sandwhich makes a fort save 18, if failed they suffer a heart attack
81-90 party sandwhich gains L size in hybrid form
91-100 side of chips gains spell like ability create food and drink each time it transforms

racial skills
perform (side show)
perform (catering)
hide -2

Alchemistmerlin
2006-05-28, 03:31 PM
This thread is highly amusing.

I don't think anything humorous can actually be made out of my name unfortunately.

Ing
2006-06-04, 06:33 PM
This thread is highly amusing.

I don't think anything humorous can actually be made out of my name unfortunately.

I TAKE THAT AS A DIRECT CHALANGE!!!

Alchemist's Merlin
T magical beast (construct)
4d10=20
ac= 19 =10+2 size+3 natural armor+4 dex
int=5. speed=10 land 60 flight
abilities
str=8=-1
dex=18=4
con= _
int=3
wis=14=+2
cha=6=-2

bab=1. grapple =-8
attack: talon +8,
damage: 2d4-2 talon,
full round: 1 talon
saves: Fnone R7 w 4
SQ: metalic, touch spells, elemental resistence, construct traits
feats: alertness, weapon finese
skills: Listen +4, Spot +16, search+8, alchlamy+2, use magical device +4
alligmnet; as creator
CR= 2

an alchlamists meriln is a normal bird of pray, injected and treated through alchamist transubstantiation to take on a near construct like trait. its shape is of a normal bird or falcon, but with a skin made of a metalic resin, normal muscle joins are replaced with long semi-liquid metal tendons, and ites eyes become 2 glowing holes of light. typicly its creator undergoes the process to make one as a spy or familiar. some decorate it with precious gems

metalic: takes half damage from peirce and slash weapons, the spell shater and sonic effects effect it as the spell SLOW

touch spells, can be used to deliever touch based spells by chanelling the spell energy from its creator, esscentually as a familar. one can be bound with the greater familar feat

elemental resistence, 5 from heat, fire. electric heals it 1 pt for every 10 it would deal. sonic deals double damage and effects it as slow

construct traits:

construction= requires the mixing of chemicles and smelting of metal. metal for the body costs 3500 gold peices, and requires a craft (metal) 15 check and an alchlmany 22 check. takes one week to compleate and requires the casting of animate object, mage armor, and resist elements, the cast must have taken the improved familar feat. [/i]

ilovefire
2006-06-04, 06:38 PM
make one of me, please? i'm sure it's going to be hard. I mean, I only have ilovefire...

Ing
2006-08-29, 10:14 AM
make one of me, please? i'm sure it's going to be hard. I mean, I only have ilovefire...

I think I did make one of your name

FYI, I'm starting back up the make a monster request thread.

alchemyprime
2007-01-05, 06:56 PM
I liked mine. Thanks Ing. You spelt my name wrong, and made me NE istead of something Chaotic, but I'm throwing some at some players now!

Khantalas
2007-01-05, 07:01 PM
Do me! Do me!

togapika
2007-01-05, 07:39 PM
I doubt you can make anything of my name, so if you can't could you make a Guardian Angel?

ArmorArmadillo
2007-01-05, 07:56 PM
Mine seems like it'd be so easy, so my challenge is to make a monster of me that makes sense with the name but has NOTHING in common with the Mega Man X villain. :belkar:

Pronounceable
2007-01-06, 08:31 PM
I love this stuff.

cnsvnc is my real name, minus vowels. When translated to English, my name is Life, surname is Joy.

I'm not setting any limits to your creativity. Let's see what a Life Joy is.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-01-06, 08:35 PM
So...I remember making a request months ago, and it never got delivered on. Stumped, Ing?

Verarch
2007-01-07, 09:46 AM
Wow! This is a really fun concept, so much so that I've finally decided to join the forums after reading OoTS for two years o_O

I'd like to see what a Verarch conjures in the minds of others, but I'm mostly wondering if it'd be alright to do my own namesake monsters for some of these posters?

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-07, 09:49 AM
Ooo!Ooo! Could you make a some kind of Pirate undead please?

Ing
2007-01-07, 12:37 PM
Mine seems like it'd be so easy, so my challenge is to make a monster of me that makes sense with the name but has NOTHING in common with the Mega Man X villain. :belkar:

Armor Armadillo
Medium Magical Beast
HD 6d12 (Average HP)
Speed 15 ft. (3 squares);
Init: INITIATIVE
AC 23; touch 8; flat-footed 23
(10+5 natural-2 dex+10 armor)
BAB +6/1; Grp +X
Attack Claw rend +10/5 (1d6+4, 20X3), Tail strike +12 (1d8+6)
Full-Attack 2 Claw rends, and 1 tail strike.
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks Armor Rend, breath attack
Special Qualities damage reduction 5, Armor absorb
Saves Fort +12 Ref +2 Will +2
Abilities Str 17, Dex 8, Con 25, Int 2, Wis 10, Cha 7
Skills balance+5, tumble+12, survival+5, hide+2, move silently+2
Featscombat expertise, improved sunder, improved over run
Environment any arid or underground
Organization single or pack (3-5)
Challenge Rating 8
Treasure 50% gold; 10% gems
Alignment NN
Advancement L (7-12) H (13-15)

An Armored Amradillo is a large silverly skinned shelled mamel about the size of a large dog. standing on six legs with a short stubby muzzle and long clubbed tail, the creature's naturally armored hide is typicly coated with many plates of stray metal or crafted armor. The Armored armadillo's skin bonds naturally to most metals and it uses this to augment its armor. Armored Armadillos are typicly passive and only attack if threatened or if seeking armor

Qualities

Armor Rend: Upon two succesful claw attacks on the same target the ARmor Armordillos's claws rend away at any armor they are wearing if any. THe Armor Armordillo makes a free disarm check with no AoO. If successful the subject's armor is ripped off of their body.

Breath attack: once every 1d4 rounds the Armor Armordillo can let out a five by ten cone of corossive magnetic dust. the dust reduces all metal armor's AC bonus by 1 and its hardness by 1.

Damage reduction: ignores the first 5 pts of damage from peirce and slash damage and ignores the first 2 pts of damage from blugeon damage.

Armor Absorb: as a move action an Amor Armordillo can add a stray peice of metal or armor it has removed from a target to its own shell. it gains an AC bonus equal to 1/5 the hardness of the armor. most Armor Armadillos posses roughly 2d10 pts of bonus AC from scavaging already. for small armor divide the bonus by 2 for large or higher multiply by 2.

Rolling charge: when charging, bullrushing or overrunning an Armor Armordillo moves as if it had a base land speed of 40.

ArmorArmadillo
2007-01-08, 02:02 AM
Armored Armadillos are typicly passive and only attack if threatened or if seeking armor

I AM NOT PASSIVE YOU @$#^(*&#@(% I'LL DESTROY EVERYONE!

I'm sorry, that was the desire for armor talking.

Awesome! I'm totally sigging this, thanks! (Okay, won't fit Nevermind)

Were-Sandwich
2007-01-08, 07:05 AM
ooh! ooh! ooh! pick me! pick me!

Simius
2007-01-08, 11:11 AM

You're allready on the previous page! look for post #173

Ing
2007-01-08, 11:13 AM

I did you already...

but.....

Eldrich Sandwich
Tiny Construct (undead)
HD 5d4 (10)
Speed 20 ft. (4 squares);
Init:2
AC 14; touch 12; flat-footed 12
(10+2 size+ 2 dex)
BAB +X; Grp +X
Attack bite +4 (1d4-2, 20/X3)
Full-Attack 2 bites +4/0
Space 1 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks Sneak attack, aura of taste, spell like abilities
Special Qualities damage reduction, fast healing, indigestion
Saves Fort +2 Ref +5 Will +2
Abilities Str 8, Dex 14, Con -, Int 2, Wis 2, Cha 2
Skills hide 10, jump 10, balance 10, move silently 10
Feats dodge, combat reflexes
Environment any
Organization solo
Challenge Rating 5
Treasure none
Alignment CE

The Eldrich sandwich was created by a disgruntaled wizard to gain vengence agianst a rude tavern owner. made from the salvaged flesh and blood of the most vile and unholy creatures, mindflayers, mimics, vampires, dopplegangers, along with traditional ingrediats treated in alchamist oil. The sandwich is vile and blood thirsty, waiting and appearing like a normal sandwich until pray approaches. then it sprouds spider legs, tentacles, a single parascoping eye and a long slithering snake mouth. It then strikes at the nearest target or waits patiently while still hidden for someone to take a bite.

Sneak attack: when a target is flanked or denied DEX Eldrich Sandwich deals an additional 2d6 damage

Aura of Taste: when hidden in its sandwich form anyone who fails a spot check (18) to see something is amiss with this tasty treat is tempted to eat it and take a bite. they must make a will save of 15 or indulge themselves on the sandwich

Spell like abilities
as cast by a 10th level caster
at will: stinking cloud, ghoul touch, spider climb, jump, knock, death kneel
5 times per day: vampire touch, color spray, contagion

Damage reduction: takes 1/4 damage from peircing. If a slash attack lowers Eldrich Sandwich to bellow 1 hp, the sandwich is cut into two independent beings each with 50% of the Sandwich's total health.

Fast healing: 1 per round

Indigiestion: anyone who eats and swallows any of the eldrich sandwich are attacked from in the inside. They are dealt 1d6 damage each round and 1d4 con damage. they may make a fort save 15 each round to vomit the offending objects or can be cured with a remove disease or heal check 30

togapika
2007-01-08, 02:48 PM
What about me?

Nocte
2007-01-09, 04:35 PM
Make my name please :D

Fax Celestis
2007-01-09, 04:37 PM
Sure, why not. What am I?

ilovefire
2007-01-09, 07:58 PM
I think I did make one of your name

FYI, I'm starting back up the make a monster request thread.

Just looked through the whole thread, didn't see any of me. a Charfairy, some other fire-based things, but no ilovefire, alas.

Jack_of_Spades
2007-01-10, 04:17 AM
I guess a Jack of Spades monster would be one of 4 species of monsters with each species having 13 sub-species. I guess they have sharp edges?

Siberys
2007-01-10, 01:12 PM
I'd like a Siberys monster. It should have a divine rating. If you could also make Khyber and Eberron, I'd be much obliged.

If you don't play Eberron, those are the Progenitor Dragons. If you need it, I can provide more details later.

Thanks!

DarkCorax
2007-01-11, 05:09 PM
This thread is great!! could I have A Dark Corax please? Corax means "Raven".

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-11, 05:15 PM
Well, even though I already made stats for myself, why not? It'll be interesting to see what you come up with.

Iituem
2007-01-11, 05:36 PM
Huh. Iituem was a name I picked up from a random generator, in its first form taking the shape of a giant floating telekinetic mind-controlling plant called a Thrile*. Be interested as to what sort of creation you can come up with from that name.

*If anyone out there ever played Galactic Emperor:Succession on Skotos, those Thrile.

Ing
2007-01-24, 03:43 PM
Ok I'm back to the boards and wow do i have alot to do. I'll start new monsters tonight.

Helgraf
2007-01-26, 12:49 AM
Well, Helgraf roughly translates as Pale Duke.

So give me a Helgraf (Pale Duke) that isn't A) Undead, or B) Related to the plane of Shadow, Shadow Magic, or anything else Shadow.

When you have time, of course.

I'm curious to see how you do.

Saint George
2007-01-27, 08:00 PM
If you can get around to it make stats for me I would love it.

.... Saint George killed a dragon you know...

Old school.

knightsaline
2007-01-28, 12:43 AM
How about me? my guess is a chaotic knight with an alternate form of a raptor.

Winged One
2007-01-28, 12:51 AM
Well, since my name does lend itself to this thread rather easily, I'll throw my proverbial hat into the ring. You can make it as simple or challenging for yourself as you like.