PDA

View Full Version : The worst possible thing V could do to the ABD.

TheSummoner
2009-03-26, 02:22 PM
V stopped the ABD's revenge plan.

V took her life in the process.

V then reanimated her head and killed a over 50 members of her family.

So at this point, what could V do to make things any worse for her?
If I recall, the ABD had a couple of soulbind scrolls lieing around... And V also happens to have an epic necromancer on his side...

If V wanted to make things truely horrible, he could soulbind her, preventing her from ever being reunited with any of her family. Sure, this option existed before, but now that she had about a minute of hope, seeing her mate and son again, it would just make it that much worse.

rgrekejin
2009-03-26, 02:31 PM
I do believe those scrolls should have been destroyed by the disjunction spell. It's largely irrelevant, though, as what epic necromancer worth her salt would not know Soulbind anyway?

Not that I think it's gonna happen.

Also, I could be wrong, but I think this theory has probably been discussed before in the main thread. We might want to take this discussion there, given the amount of merging that's been going on recently.

DBear
2009-03-26, 02:32 PM
They should've been destroyed when V cast Disjunction on the dragon.

The Bookworm
2009-03-26, 02:39 PM
If V were to soul bind the dragon, preventing her from seeing her loved ones, might that make him worse than Xykon? In SoD, when Xykon used soul bind on Lirian and Dorukon, it let them be together again. Maybe Rich would have V soul bind the dragon to show that s/he is at least as Evil as Xykon.

Kaytara
2009-03-26, 03:13 PM
Vaarsuvius has already promised the dragon that she will see her husband and son again shortly, i.e. will return to the Afterlife. Of course, V COULD just turn around and change his mind about that...

But regardless of that, "permanent" is a set duration. V could Soul Bind the dragon but the effect would end as soon as V lost the Splice.

Never mind that Vaarsuvius probably doesn't possess a gem valuable enough to work for an ancient dragon.

So no, lots of reasons why Soul Bind wouldn't work, but who needs it, anyway? I'm sure three Epic-level Evil souls have plenty more unpleasant tricks up their sleeves if V is inclined to prolong the dragon's suffering...

hamishspence
2009-03-26, 03:22 PM
the dragon suggested the souls would be bound to her. Maybe the scrolls were a variant?

Zanaril
2009-03-26, 03:23 PM
Vaarsuvius has already promised the dragon that she will see her husband and son again shortly, i.e. will return to the Afterlife. Of course, V COULD just turn around and change his mind about that...

I could see that happening if the dragon now says something that really annoys V. Although I can't think what she could say that's worse that what she's already said and done to V.

The_Void
2009-03-26, 03:48 PM
Celine Dion?

Zanaril
2009-03-26, 04:09 PM
Only if she has some earplugs for her family.

Silverraptor
2009-03-26, 04:22 PM
As I recall about the spell description is you need to soul bind someone instantly so that their souls don't go to the after-life yet. But V didn't do it. And now since V cast Create Greater Undead, that means that a recreation of intellegence has been put back into the dragon's head. The dragons soul is in the after life, just a mimickry or copy of the dragons soul has been put in there all for the benefit of Evil V's feeling of superiority. So I think soul bind is out at this point.

Chronos
2009-03-27, 10:27 PM
It's only the really low undead like zombies and skeletons that have a mimicry of the original soul. Anything above that (as in, anything that would result from Create Greater Undead) has the original soul twisted, distorted, and forced back into the corpse. Presumably, this is part of the reason why those spells are listed as [evil].

kusje
2009-03-28, 01:08 AM
If V were to soul bind the dragon, preventing her from seeing her loved ones, might that make him worse than Xykon? In SoD, when Xykon used soul bind on Lirian and Dorukon, it let them be together again. Maybe Rich would have V soul bind the dragon to show that s/he is at least as Evil as Xykon.

Actually, that was way more evil. Sure they love each other now. But to be stuck with each other for ALL ETERNITY? They'd go crazy.

FrankNorman
2009-03-28, 01:29 AM
Actually, that was way more evil. Sure they love each other now. But to be stuck with each other for ALL ETERNITY? They'd go crazy.

No, just until the Snarl unmakes the world.
Technically, until the gem is destroyed.

Wraithfighter
2009-03-28, 03:16 AM
To be entirely fair, V hasn't been vindictive much...

Yeah, I realize he just wiped out her entire family, truly evil act and all, but there was a purpose behind it. It wasn't a mustache-twirling, evil-for-the-sake-of-evil act.

No, I figure he's done with the ABD. Fun part comes when the hubby/wifey gets to tell him off.

Sholos
2009-03-28, 04:53 AM
To be entirely fair, V hasn't been vindictive much...

Yeah, I realize he just wiped out her entire family, truly evil act and all, but there was a purpose behind it. It wasn't a mustache-twirling, evil-for-the-sake-of-evil act.
Most people consider disproportionate revenge to be pretty mustache-twirling, evil-for-the-sake-of-evil evil.

Thanatos 51-50
2009-03-28, 05:01 AM
Disporportinate? I fail to see where this revenge is at all disporportionate!

Mama Black tried to Kill papa elf's family as misdirected revenge (Her son was killed in a random encounter, not being specifically hunted down). Papa elf thwarted that, and then showed Mama Black the exact pain she would have put him through.
It was a war. There was collateral damage.

Big deal.:smallsigh:

V'icternus
2009-03-28, 05:12 AM
Still, V went kinda overboard. Kinda very over board. Killing the ABD would have been enough, I beleive.

At least for a Neutral character.

hamishspence
2009-03-28, 05:13 AM
which is, of cause, exactly Mama Blacks excuse in the first place "You have taken my son from me. I demand you suffer the full measure of pain I did."

So, V's now acting exactly like Mama Black. Except, in this case its "You tried to take my family from me. I demand you suffer the full measure of pain that I would have done."

See what I mean?

V'icternus
2009-03-28, 05:21 AM
And as Momma Black Dragon is evil, and V's being even more evil...

Well, it doesn't look good for V, especially since V's alignment isn't really being affected by the splice. I hope this was all of the Fiend's plan...

As in, I hope there isn't more in store from the IFCC.

Mr. Pin
2009-03-29, 10:53 PM
No more epic necromancer on her side now...