PDA

View Full Version : Maid Assassins IC

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Shades of Gray
2009-03-26, 04:07 PM
Your respective governments have given you each your targets. These targets were chosen as they had the most suspicious application to become a maid. No people these bizarre signing up could be here just to clean, could they?

You stand in the great glass elevator as the master likes to call it, going down to the lab. The lab is entirely made of glass. As you exit, you lay your eyes on the master.

Shousei is of average height and build. He has messy, short black hair, and bags under his eyes from lack of sleep. He is wearing something that seems like a cross between a lab coat and a tuxedo. He smiles, looking at his new maids.

To his left is a very short young boy, seeming to be around age 12-13. He has his fathers hair, and is fidgeting uncomfortably with a bow tie. He obviously hates wearing the small suit. He looks at his father's maids and his face lights up.

To Shousei's right is a young woman wearing a black dress. It must of been a very nice dress... Before she obviously cut it a an inch or two shorter as is obvious. She has the general aura of teen apathy around her, and barely notices the maids coming in.

Behind Shousei is the butler, judging by his suit. He looks, squinting at the new maids. He looks to be around the same age as shousei.

Your governments have given you the instruction "Find out about your target and the other maids. Be ready to intervene at the unveiling of the new project. There are lives at stake, stay on your toes"

Verlaufen
2009-03-26, 04:28 PM
Saede Sagawura

Saede looks at the new employers with a smile she had been deciding upon in the elevator, trying not to seem to perky, but still enthusiastic. As they enter the room, Saede slips a slight smirk at the sheer aamount of wealth that must have went into making this mansion. She bows courteously. Good Morning, Masters. I am Saede Sagawura. It's a pleasure to be of service to you. From the voice, one would not be able to tell that Saede was a robot. She waits for the rest of the maids to give a greeting.

OOC: Ummm...are we waiting for everybody?

Shades of Gray
2009-03-26, 05:07 PM
OOC: Yes. We'll usually wait for everyone to post before I make another post, except in situations where only a few people are in a scene at once. i.e. a conversation between two people. But here you most likely would not start a conversation with someone while the others wait to introduce themselves.

Siren
2009-03-27, 09:03 PM
Mizuki Ashiya

Mizuki fidgets a bit with her very revealing outfit. She seems a bit uncomfortable with the situation. It could be because there are so many males in the room. Mizuki seems a bit off to the outside viewer. Why would someone with horns, wings, and a tail like a demon be upset in this situation? Surely she should be more outgoing right? Mizuki obviously forces a smile to her face and curtsies for the master.

"Hello Master. I am Mizuki Ashiya. I live to serve you in any manner possible."

After saying all that it looks like she wants to disappear into the wall.

Ascension
2009-03-28, 06:12 AM
Yuri swings the coffin off her back. As it hits the ground you think you can hear the rattling of bones inside.

"Yuri Markov," she introduces herself, bowing, "At your service."

Wiz
2009-03-28, 10:06 AM
Naomi Armitage

The woman dressed in lab scrubs and a lab coat drops her heavy case on the floor. She smiles, regarding the master with ice blue eyes, "Naomi Armitage. I'm your new lab assistant."

Eurus
2009-03-29, 08:56 AM
Sora smiles sweetly and curtsies as she introduces herself. "Hello sir, my name is Sora Rinji, also at your service."

Clad as she was in a standard maid's outfit, she could have passed for normal were it not for her light blue skin, dark blue hair, and faintly luminous pale blue eyes. Well, normal except for her extremely young age; that was obvious even through the blue skin.

Shades of Gray
2009-03-30, 08:09 PM
Rei

Rei. At your service. Rei bows slightly.

Shousei and the NPCs

Right, I'm happy that you all could work here. I'm Shousei. He smiles, he seems very casual and laidback. He puts his hand on the small boy's shoulder. These are my children, Gyoukei and Kana. I can pretty much take care of myself around here, so you'll only need to worry about these two.

Kana sighs, Gyoukei moves his shoulder away from his father's hand. Souta continues glaring. He begins talking in a stern voice.

I am Souta, the master of this estate when Shousei is not present. He has given me full permission to-
Don't worry about him. I'm usually around anyway. Shousei smiles, and Souta pouts.

Right, it's just about lunch time. I think we should all have a nice lunch to get to know each other.

Wiz
2009-03-30, 08:20 PM
Naomi Armitage

Naomi smiles, "Do you have something prepared? I know you have several maids, but I'm also a cook... would you like me to put some lunch together?"

Verlaufen
2009-03-30, 08:22 PM
Saede Sagawura

Saede smiles at the prospect of lunch, as it would hopefully allow more than a one person conversation. Although she wasn't very fond of the "eating" aspect of cultures, she appreciated that the master wanted to be acquainted with them. "Gladly. And I'd love to help Ms. Armitage with the cooking." she replied, and looked around the room for an entrance to the dining hall. Unfortunately, Saede wan't very used to huge rooms. After wandering in a circle for a few seconds, she embarrasinglly asks, "Umm...Master? Where is the dining hall?"

Also, Saede glances at the other maids, trying to identify her target, eventually recognizing a picture in her databanks matching the maid. "Not yet. When the time is right," she repeated to herself in her mind, as she had been doing in the elevator.

OOC: Shades, I suppose we'll wait another few days for everybody to post before moving into the dining hall?

Shades of Gray
2009-03-30, 08:31 PM
Da NPCs

Shousei's smile turns into a frown, he turns to Kana. Do we have anything prepared?

No.

I guess we are cooking then. Shousei smiles again, before frowning again and turning to Kana once more.

What-
Thursday
Right. I guess that means I haven't eaten in...
Two days.
Right. Shousei says, smiling once more. Let's go to the dining hall then. Ka-
2nd floor. To the left.
Right.

OOC: You assume correct, I'm just getting the existing dialogue out of the way.

Verlaufen
2009-03-30, 08:38 PM
OOC: Wait, who's cooking?

IC: Saede is startled by this new dialogue. "M-Master? Do you mean to say you haven't eaten in two full days?" While she never needed food, she new that humans couldn't go to long without it. "Y-you must eat, master! She hastily reaches for the master and attempts to drag him towards the elevator.

[roll0]

Shades of Gray
2009-03-30, 08:41 PM
OOC: You guys will, Shousei just referred to everyone as we, because he really doesn't think of himself above anyone else. He still expects the maids to cook however.

As Shousei is grabbed, Souta sends a VERY menacing glare to Saede. Shousei ignores this, and is pulled along. Right. Eating.

Kana sighs and continues, and Gyoukei follows his father.

OOC: And now we wait...

Wiz
2009-03-30, 09:12 PM
Naomi Armitage

Naomi follows to the dining hall, knowing the kitchen will be just off of it. Once there, she goes through the door into the kitchen, checks the available food and begins cooking. First she puts on her apron, though.

OOC - Skillful cooking: [roll0]

Siren
2009-03-30, 09:19 PM
Mizuki Ashiya

Once out of the direct line of sight of the men Mizuki became more comfortable. She started to walk in a sexy manner following the girls. When Mizuki gets into the kitchen she starts cooking as well.

"Man this outfit sure is a lot more clothing than I am used to."

That out of the way Mizuki starts to hike up her skirt more and roll up her shirt.

Skill for cooking [roll0]

Tichrondrius
2009-03-30, 09:34 PM
Rei

The death reaper had remained rather silent, only introducing herself rather politely. She shuffled along with the others, as silent as the grave. She looked between each of the other assistants here, and smiled. This would not take very long at all.

Skill for cooking!

[roll0]x3

Ascension
2009-03-31, 08:15 AM
"Food," Yuri mutters to herself, "Food, okay, ve ken tek care of that."

She sets to work... More fastidious maids may object to the fact that she does not remove the ever-present cigarette from her lips as she begins to cook.

Skill: [roll0]

Eurus
2009-03-31, 09:18 AM
Sora tries to help with the cooking, but finds herself quickly realizing that her own skill at doing such is simply not up to par. Before long, she finds herself trying to copy the more experienced "maids," hoping not to mess up.

((I seem to be suddenly unable to get the dice roller to work... >_>))

Wiz
2009-03-31, 10:25 AM
Naomi Armitage

Naomi nods, seeing all the skillfull work being done. She finishes her dish, puts it on the back burner and then gathers up the silverware and dishes and begins setting the table, and when that is done she brings out her dish, and each other maid's dish as it is finished.

OOC - Skillful Presentation: [roll0]

Verlaufen
2009-03-31, 03:40 PM
Saede Sagawura

Saede finishes pulling the master to the room as fast as she can, but immediately realizes that the others are taking good care of the food. Instead, she decides it would be helpful to set the table.

(skill roll for setting) [roll0]

OOC: God, the butler is going to kill me.
By the way, Wiz, how do you have 6 in a stat?

Wiz
2009-03-31, 03:48 PM
Naomi Armitage

Naomi and Saede quickly and efficiently get the table set and the meal presented in grand style.

OOC - Sorry, presentation roll should have been 15, I only get the +1 with cooking. :)

Shades of Gray
2009-03-31, 04:13 PM
The Manor

Lots of wonderful food is made. It looks amazing. Souta nods in appreciation.

Kana looks apathetic as usual, waiting casually for her food. Gyoukei sits impatiently, squirming in his spot until Souta gives him a glare. Shousei waits patiently, and smiles more as the food arrives.

OOC: Eurus, simply put in the following, sans the asterisks. [*roll]1d6xSTAT[/roll*]

FAVOR!
Wiz [roll0]
Ascension [roll1]
Tich [roll2]
Siren [roll3]
Nerd of Doom [roll4]
Eurus [roll5] I feel bad that you could not roll, so I'm giving you SOME favor.

IC: The following is the seating arrangement. First come first serve.

______[Souta][Gyouk][Sora][Naomi]______
[Yuri''']________________________[Shousei]
______[Rei....][Mizuki][Kana][Saede]______

Ascension
2009-03-31, 05:44 PM
Yuri treasures her elbow room. She takes the end seat, across from Master Shousei. Her coffin she leans against the wall behind her. She glances around for a moment to see if there's an ash tray on the table or in the room... her cigarette is burning dangerously low.

Wiz
2009-03-31, 05:49 PM
Naomi Armitage (20) (9)

As Shousei's lab assistant, Naomi will sit at his right hand.

Verlaufen
2009-03-31, 05:57 PM
Saede Sagawura

Saede takes the set as far away from the butler as possible, between Kana and Shousei. For some reason, it seems he doesn't want her worrying about the master. Also, sitting there ay reduce any fighting between Kana and Shousei. "Will this be fine, master?

Shades of Gray
2009-03-31, 06:08 PM
Hmmm? Oh sure. Shousei smiles (when is this dude not?), taking a cold cut sandwich. He drinks some orange juice. He turns to Naomi. It's going to be great having a lab assistant for once, divide up the work a bit, and maybe I'll actually get some sleep for once. Shousei has huge bags under his eyes from lack of sleep.

Souta glares at Yuri. But that's normal, he glares at everyone. What's in the case? He asks sternly, pointing to the coffin.

Is it a dead body? This is the first time you hear Gyoukei speak. His voice is a bit deeper than what is expected of a guy of his diminutive stature. He is younger than he looks.

Wiz
2009-03-31, 06:19 PM
Naomi Armitage (20) (9)

Naomi nods, "Did you want to run a quick summary of your current projects by me?"

Siren
2009-03-31, 06:23 PM
Mizuki Ashiya

Mizuki sits down next to Kana. She smiles at the girl.

"Hi you look like you are about my age. Do you go to school?"

Mizuki has adjusted her outfit until it looks like she is wearing a bikini top.

Shades of Gray
2009-03-31, 06:23 PM
Well, right now I'm only working on the kreftene project. A self-renewing experimental power source. I'm behind on my deadline, and they may take away my grant if I don't get it done soon, or just a prototype. Shousei frowns a little bit, then lightens up again. That crazy optimist. I'm sure we'll be able to get it done together Ms. Armitage.

Hi. I like the ermmm... Horns. It's summer break over here, and because of the seasons I ended up getting too consecutive summers when we moved. Kana smiles, then turns back into a neutral face. That crazy apathetic. I'm Kana, and you are..?

Siren
2009-03-31, 06:35 PM
Mizuki

"I'm Mizuki. Thanks for complimenting my horns. What kind of things do you like to do?"

Mizuki leans over and shows a lot of cleavage for some reason.

Shades of Gray
2009-03-31, 06:37 PM
Kana looks down, then folds her arms over her own bare chest.

Y'know, listening to music. Going to clubs. The regular stuff.

Ascension
2009-03-31, 06:37 PM
Yuri

"All that remains of parents," Yuri explains, "All that remains of family. Freedom fighters, they were, before the Russian government bombed our city. Now the two of them together cannot fill a pine box."

Verlaufen
2009-03-31, 06:42 PM
Saede Sawagura

Satisfied that nobody is killing each other (yet, at least.), Saede sits between the two conversations, relaxed.

OOC: Shades, is that a random avi, or related to the game?

Shades of Gray
2009-03-31, 06:44 PM
Woah... Gyoukei's jaw drops, and is quickly lifted back up by Souta's hand.

That is not polite young master. You must tell me that story sometime, miss Yuri. Souta grins. Creepy.

OOC: My avatar is one of my TOWN characters.

Siren
2009-03-31, 06:45 PM
Mizuki

"I love going to clubs and music. What kind of music do you like?"

Wiz
2009-03-31, 06:51 PM
Naomi Armitage (20) (9)

Naomi is actually paying attention to every conversation at the table, thanks to her omnidirectional hearing and recording/playback systems. But she seems quite focused on the master. "So, what is the basic concept for your power generator... what are you breaking down to release energy from?"

Shades of Gray
2009-03-31, 06:56 PM
Usually the stuff my dad won't let me listen to.
I don't put any restrictions on-
Right, the kind that Souta doesn't let me listen to.

The government discovered something. A rare species of lizard that has a regenerating tissue. This tissue secretes a think, clear oil, we're finding a way to replicate the tissue without having to attack the lizards. Who would of thought that biology would solve the energy crisis? He smiles more than usual.

Siren
2009-03-31, 06:59 PM
Mizuki

"So do you have a boyfriend? Or any special person in your life?"

Shades of Gray
2009-03-31, 07:10 PM
I'd rather not say... Kana says, looking down.

Wiz
2009-03-31, 07:14 PM
Naomi Armitage (20) (9)

Naomi nods, "So you're cloning the lizard's secretory tissue in order to biosynthesize large amounts of this oil - which I take it burns readily to release energy?"

Shades of Gray
2009-03-31, 07:17 PM
Of course. I've hit a road block, but if I can look at it from another angle... Shousei dips his straw in his glass and begins drawing some rough diagrams on his napkin with water. He has a pencil behind his ear, but for some reason is using the straw.

Siren
2009-03-31, 07:28 PM
Mizuki

So that totally means she does.

"Well do you want to hang out later maybe."

Shades of Gray
2009-03-31, 07:30 PM
Sure. Kana smiles. This place doesn't need much maid care, Gyoukei's the only high maintenance one.

Hey! Gyoukei objects, with food in his mouth. Souta politely closes Gyoukei's jaw. Young master, that is considered rude.

Wiz
2009-03-31, 07:43 PM
Naomi Armitage (20) (9)

Naomi looks thoughtful, "So, what's the roadblock, cloning the secretory tissue, feeding proper nutrients so that it secretes the oil, collecting the oil?"

Shades of Gray
2009-03-31, 07:46 PM
The second one, Ms. Armitage. We have everything we need to make it, and the structure of it is nearly identical to the source creature. We just need some way to agitate the oil from the tissue.

Ascension
2009-03-31, 07:47 PM
Yuri

"Mister Ryuji," Yuri addresses the butler in a low voice, "could you give me an idea of what sort of threats to our Master's safety we may be expecting? Is there any group which has shown a particular interest in his work? A criminal ring, terrorists, anything like that?"

Wiz
2009-03-31, 07:51 PM
Naomi Armitage (20) (9)

Naomi nods, "It has been my experience that people who work with cloned parts of organisms often overlook the autecology of the whole intact organism itself. You say the regenerating tissue secretes the oil, and you've produced the tissue... have you tried actually damaging the tissue to see if the oil secretion is part of the regenerative/repair process?"

Shades of Gray
2009-03-31, 07:54 PM
Not as far as I have observed. There has been no threats or reason to suspect that the master's life is in danger. Souta glares more than usual, why did she suddenly bring this up?

Shousei's eyes widen.
...maybe... He says, continuing the diagram. Shousei couldn't lie to save his life, he obviously did not think of this.

Ascension
2009-03-31, 08:01 PM
Yuri

"Good. As long as he is safe... that is what matters..."

Yuri wonders if her target might be targeting someone other than the Master. But who, then? The butler? One of the children? Another maid?

Verlaufen
2009-03-31, 08:22 PM
Saede

Saede feels rather embarrased right now. She's picking up all of the conversations, and she should be understanding them. Master Shousei is speaking about some renewable energy, but, even as a robot with an infinite source of knowledge, really isn't understanding most of it. Yuri is talking about her past, which, frankly, Saede didn't care about. Bot that she would say that to her face. And Mizuki's talk lost her at the word, "clubs."

Wiz
2009-03-31, 08:46 PM
Naomi Armitage (20) (9)

Naomi shrugs, "It's fairly normal after going to a great deal of trouble to clone a sample of tissue to be cautious of it and not damage it unduly... however, that may be just what it needs. We could try lacerating it lightly with an s-shaped section to maximize surface damage... see if the oil secretion increases."

Shades of Gray
2009-04-01, 05:07 PM
That may work. Thank you Ms. Armitage.

I am sure that I could handle any possible attackers. Souta nods. For once, he is not glaring.

Verlaufen
2009-04-01, 05:09 PM
OOC: Well, I think these conversations have pretty much ended. (That's probably just because I'm not in any of them.) What will be next, if this lunch finishes?

Shades of Gray
2009-04-01, 05:10 PM
OOC: I'll get to that. I just want to let Eurus and Tich get a chance to post. I was considering having Shousei start a conversation with Saede, or something of that nature. Has Saede been eating at all?

Verlaufen
2009-04-01, 05:13 PM
Saede has been eating, but not out not neccesity. She feels awkward, being a robot, and being out of governments hand for the first time. As to avoid looking too out of the ordinary, she has eaten.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-01, 05:15 PM
OOC: Okay, time for a cheesy situation that will get the two talking!

Shousei reaches for some food, just as Saede was. Their hands meet. Shousei looks slightly awkward.

OOC: Awwww.

Verlaufen
2009-04-01, 05:20 PM
OOC: Damn you, Shades, and your innate ability to invoke cliche moments!Unfortunately, you seem to have forgotten Saede's MENTAL COMPLEX! Ignorant in the ways of the world FTW!

IC: As Saede is reaching for the food, she feels the masters hand. he looks up at him, completely oblivious to whatever cultural meaning the touching of hands may have. She raws her hand back and looks at the master. "Is anything wrong, master?" She seems much more in control of herself than when she dragged Shousei up to the dining hall.

OOC: Still, you just HAD to drag me into the conversations...

Shades of Gray
2009-04-01, 05:24 PM
OOC: I was fully aware.

Ummmm... Nothing. Shousei says, quickly taking his hand away and knocking over his glass. He grabs it quickly, but some water still spills on the table. Uhhhh...

OOC: Besides, we are the two people with the super rapid posting speeds...

Verlaufen
2009-04-01, 05:38 PM
OOC: Please, somebody else post...

IC: Noticing the spilled water, Saede pushes back her seat and stands up. "I'll get that, master." She quickly starts looking around the room. "Towels, Towels, where would towels be?" She's glad to be out of the table, as she's not very fond of the "eating" aspect of everyday life.

OOC: Luck check for finding towels (if I need to.) [roll0]
Skill check for cleaning spilled water [roll1]
Woot, perfect rolls.
Whew, conversation averted.

Ascension
2009-04-01, 05:53 PM
Yuri

"I'm sure you could," Yuri says to Souta, winking at the handsome butler.

Eurus
2009-04-01, 05:59 PM
Sora sits between Gyoukei and Naomi and listens quietly to the conversations around her. She feels awkward at first, being unused to sitting down to dinner like this (let alone with all these strange people), but begins to relax. Eventually, she turns to Gyoukei and smiles. "Are you enjoying the meal, young master?"

Shades of Gray
2009-04-01, 06:08 PM
OOC: Favor for Saede. [roll0]

Thanks. You didn't have to... Shousei says, helping with his napkin.

It's great. Gyoukei says, looking at the girl of his age. Are you a space alien? He asks, looking at her blue skin.

Souta sits stiffly in his seat, blushing slightly. Yes. He oddly enough doesn't tell Gyoukei to stop being rude.

Verlaufen
2009-04-01, 06:15 PM
OOC: Why am I getting favor? Don't answer that, it's a rhetorical question.

IC: Saede finishes cleaning up. "It's no problem, master."

Eurus
2009-04-01, 06:16 PM
Sora's cheeks immediately darken in what appears to be an embarassed blush. "No, this is just the way I was born."

Recovering her cheer, she smiles again, though she still has a faint blush. "At least, not that I know of." Technically, this was true; she didn't remember her parents, and had only the word of the government employees who'd raised her to tell her that she was, in fact, human. Well, mostly human.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-01, 06:18 PM
OOC: Cleaning up...

That's so cool. I wish I was blue.

Ascension
2009-04-01, 06:28 PM
Yuri

"In fact..." Yuri continues, "you could probably help me with a few things. Is there a shooting range near here?"

She smiles.

"I believe in the value of self defense."

Shades of Gray
2009-04-01, 06:30 PM
Yes. We happen to have one a short distance away. Souta still sits rigid, not looking at Yuri.

Self defense is quite valuable.

Siren
2009-04-01, 06:34 PM
Mizuki

"Well I am done. Are you done, Kana? We could hang out now."

Mizuki starts fiddling with her outfit again lowering it.

Verlaufen
2009-04-01, 06:35 PM
Saede picks up on a conversation she could get interested in. "A shooting range? I haven't practice in a while...might we be able to go there any time soon?" Saede maintains a more serious face, as to perhaps get the butler to seem slightly less uncomfortable.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-01, 06:37 PM
Sure. I could take you there now. Souta says, loosening up a little.

Sure thing. Kana stands up from the table and begins to leave.

Have fun. Shousei says, waving to Kana. Kana doesn't really respond to that.

Siren
2009-04-01, 06:39 PM
Mizuki

"So where do you want to go?"

Mizuki follows Kana out.

Ascension
2009-04-01, 06:45 PM
Yuri

"Let's go," Yuri says, her smile broadening.

"I'm sure the three of us will get along quite well."

Eurus
2009-04-01, 06:45 PM
Sora giggles at Gyoukei's blunt yet oddly flattering comment. "Oh, it's not all it's cracked up to be. But enough about me. What do you usually do around here? It must be nice, to live in such a beautiful mansion."

Verlaufen
2009-04-01, 06:47 PM
"Assuming that's fine with the masters, gladly." She holds her left arm in her right hand. "Sure has been a long time, hasn't it?" She says to herself.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-01, 06:47 PM
Play video games. Watch TV. Go swimming. It's pretty cool here, but my friends are all back in Japan.

Yes. Quite. Master Shousei, may I-
Stop calling me that.
Of course. Sorry. I'll be... ummm... Going to the shooting range.

Siren
2009-04-01, 07:02 PM
Mizuki

"You guys have a swimming pool?"

Shades of Gray
2009-04-01, 07:04 PM
Beach. Kana says, leaving the dining room. Let's go to my room. She smiles for a brief second.

At the shooting range.
Souta and the gang arrive at the shooting range. There are four stalls, and a collection of pistols, rifles, and one large cabinet that is locked.

Siren
2009-04-01, 07:07 PM
Mizuki

"Your room sounds good."

Mizuki smiles back.

Verlaufen
2009-04-01, 07:09 PM
Saede looks at Souta expectantly. "Souta, if we were to break into that cabinet, would there be any big problems? I want to see what's in there."

Wiz
2009-04-01, 07:10 PM
Naomi Armitage (20) (9)

Naomi nods, "When you finish your meal would you like to take a rest, or try out my hypothesis in the lab?"

Shades of Gray
2009-04-01, 07:11 PM
That's where we keep the really dangerous stuff. I'll need to see a license.

OOC: That's not to say that you couldn't get him to open it a different way.

C'mon. Kana leads Mizuki to her room. The door is black. Inside, the main colour of the room is purple. She has a huge bed and standard stuff. She also has posters of some obscure bands that no one has heard about.

I'd like to try it out after our meal. Shousei smiles.

Ascension
2009-04-01, 07:13 PM
Yuri

"Maybe later," Yuri says, "but I think the rifles will be enough to start with, don't you?"

She glances over at Saede.

"Or are you a pistol kind of girl?"

Verlaufen
2009-04-01, 07:20 PM
Saede is openly offended by Yuri's statement. She starts laughing quietly to herelf, then looks back up to Yuri. "Never really cared for pistols. Need more power, and I've never really liked a small gun. Shall we start with some target practice?

Saede moves over to the guns and picks up a rifle well sized. She turns to Souta. "By the way, I do have a licence. But for now, will you be joining us? The more the better!

Shades of Gray
2009-04-01, 07:22 PM
Of course. Souta says, getting his personal rifle. He begins preparing it, and watches to see how good the girls are.

Verlaufen
2009-04-01, 07:25 PM
Saede starts laughing again. "Well then, let's start!" She sets up her targets and gets into a prone position, which she's always preferred. "Haven't done this in a while but..."

Athletics check for rifle shooting: [roll0]

She gets into her groove quickly, with great accuracy, and it's nearly impossible to see how quickly she's reloading. "Yuri, Souta? Not the best I've ever done, but let's see you two," she says with a smirk on her face.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-01, 07:45 PM
Souta blinks a few times.

Ummm... Wow. Souta says, going up to the stalls. That's not your best?

He tries to shoot as well. [roll0] He's not as good as Saede, but he still manages to be amazing.

Verlaufen
2009-04-01, 07:54 PM
Saede looks on in amazement at Souta's shooting. Who would've thought a butler could shoot? "That's...pretty amazing! I mean...I've done better before, but that was definately a good performance on my part. I didn't expect you to be so proficient! She then looks over to Yuri's stall. "So, how will you do, Yuri? Think you can beat us," she questions mockingly.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-01, 07:56 PM
Please, I'm not all that great. Souta turns to Yuri. Yes, let's see how you do.

Verlaufen
2009-04-01, 08:14 PM
OOC: Shades, what's happening with Shousei right now? Are they in the lab?

Shades of Gray
2009-04-01, 08:15 PM
OOC: Shousei is still eating his lunch with Naomi, Gyoukei, Sora, and Rei.

Wiz
2009-04-01, 08:27 PM
Naomi Armitage (20) (9)

Naomi tries to pace her meal, stretching it out. "So, what other projects are you planning for when this one moves into it's final phase?"

Remember, he hasn't eaten in two days... he's probably famished. I wonder if he worked long hours like this when he was turning me from a young girl into a weapon.

Verlaufen
2009-04-01, 08:29 PM
Remember, he hasn't eaten in two days... he's probably famished.

OOC: Wow, kinda forgot about that. I was worried yesterday...

Shades of Gray
2009-04-01, 08:30 PM
I don't know. I haven't had much time to think about other projects. What are you interested in?

OOC: Would Naomi ever be recognizable as that little engineered girl?

Ascension
2009-04-01, 08:43 PM
Yuri

In all truthfulness Saede's shooting scares Yuri, but she tries to keep up her tough front. She lights a new cigarette.

"Prepare to be amazed," she boasts.

She chooses a rifle, drops into a firing stance, and fires through a clip.

Athletics: [roll0]

Shades of Gray
2009-04-01, 08:45 PM
Pretty good. Souta says, walking over to her. Perhaps if you shift your stance a little... Souta demonstrates, moving his right arm inward. I think it would improve your marksmanship.

OOC: I know next to nothing about guns. If this is stupid, please tell me.

Verlaufen
2009-04-01, 08:56 PM
Saede looks at Yuri's target, well shot but not as well as her or Souta. "In normal circumstances, I'd call that superb. Not as good as Souta or me, but maybe you'll beat us next round... She turns to Souta. "So, might I ask what's in the cabinet? She pulls a government-issued license for "any and all weapons."

OOC: Assuming that Yuri is right handed, moving the right arm inwards could potentially give more support if it was done along with moving the left arm slightly inwards. Actually, the right arm would be the trigger hand, so moving the right elbow forward would be more correct, or perhaps the shoulder more forward into the butt of the gun, which does fit the shooting style of some people.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-01, 09:02 PM
The more dangerous stuff. High powered guns, military issue. Some that the military is not even ALLOWED to issue...

Siren
2009-04-01, 09:03 PM
Mizuki

Mizuki plops down on the bed and looks around.

"Wow you have a nice room here. So what should we do in here?"

Verlaufen
2009-04-01, 09:06 PM
"Well then, I suppose I would easily beat you in any contest with them. After all, you are just but a simple butler, bound by the fate of rules and the Master...

Ascension
2009-04-01, 09:11 PM
Yuri

"And what are you?" Yuri asks pointedly, "A war machine?"

Her grin is predatory. There's a fresh clip in her rifle.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-01, 09:11 PM
Oh really? Well Shousei isn't here right now. Go ahead.

OOC: He has the "intrigue" power. He CAN beat maids when Shousei isn't around.

Kana's room.

Play one of those CDs. Kana says, pointing to a huge CD rack full of bands that no one's heard. Kana goes into the bathroom.

Siren
2009-04-01, 09:24 PM
Mizuki

Mizuki pulls out a CD at random and starts it playing on the player. She starts to pull up her skirt and top again.

Thank goodness there is a girl master. The guys creep me out. I need to work on that though. I need to become a real succubus at some point. The first time went so wrong though. Maybe I should try seducing one of the guys here. Oh well I shouldn't worry about that on the first day.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-01, 09:26 PM
The song sounds sort of a mix between metal and generic emo music.

Kana is still in the bathroom.

Siren
2009-04-01, 09:36 PM
Mizuki

I wonder what she is doing in the bathroom? Did she just bring me in here to put on the mood music while she uses the restroom?

Shades of Gray
2009-04-01, 09:38 PM
Kana comes out of the bathroom, not wearing her black dress. She's more casually dressed in a tank top and jeans.

God I hate that thing. She says, sitting on the bed.

Wiz
2009-04-01, 09:43 PM
Naomi Armitage (20) (9)

Naomi smiles, "I'm primarily interested in cybernetic-organic interface technology."

Siren
2009-04-01, 09:44 PM
Mizuki

"I like you better that way too. Did your dad make you wear that dress?"

Shades of Gray
2009-04-01, 10:03 PM
My dad doesn't "make" me do anything, it's all Souta.

I remember working on that quite a while back. It was one of my preferred subjects.

Siren
2009-04-01, 10:06 PM
Mizuki

"I am confused. How can a butler make you do something? Does he threaten your life? I mean shouldn't you be in charge of him?"

Wiz
2009-04-01, 10:06 PM
Naomi Armitage (20) (9)

Naomi looks interested, "Really? It must all have been top-secret work. I don't recall reading one paper by you on that subject."

Shades of Gray
2009-04-01, 10:09 PM
He's a good friend of dad's. Plus he's plain scary.

It was quite secret. I had to shut the project down after a while however.

Siren
2009-04-01, 10:33 PM
Mizuki

"We don't have the same style then. I don't give in very easily."

Mizuki lifts up the back of her shirt and shows the scars.

"I got these for not listening. Aren't they horribly deforming?"

Shades of Gray
2009-04-01, 10:36 PM
Damn, those totally beat mine. Kana shows off her wrist scars. Obviously self inflicted.

Siren
2009-04-01, 11:11 PM
Mizuki

Mizuki trails hers fingers along the scars.

"I deserved them. I am not the way I should be. I just couldn't do what was asked of me."

Mizuki turns her head towards Kana's scars.

"Why do you do that?"

Shades of Gray
2009-04-01, 11:12 PM
'Cause it pisses Souta off. Stress reliever too. What did you do that was so bad? Or what didn't you do?

Siren
2009-04-01, 11:23 PM
Mizuki

"Well you see the horns and tail and all. I am a succubus. Well I have never fully seduced a guy. I am a virgin. That makes me a blot on my family's perfect reputation."

Mizuki looks a bit ashamed.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-01, 11:26 PM
Ohhh... Being a virgin at 17 seems normal to me... Unless I'm a freak... God, maybe I am? Kana looks depressed rather than apathetic.

Siren
2009-04-01, 11:43 PM
Mizuki

"You are fine. There is nothing wrong with you. Do you know what a succubus is? I am not a normal human."

Mizuki looks surprised at her reaction.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-01, 11:49 PM
I kinda know. It's not so bad, is it? You're away from it now. Kana lies back down on the bed, legs dangling off. How'd you end up here anyway?

Verlaufen
2009-04-02, 05:44 AM
Oh really? Well Shousei isn't here right now. Go ahead.

"Very well then. Let's just see how I'll get about doing this..." She sets her rifle down and walks over to the cabinet. Suddenly, the bottom half of her left arm retracts in towards the shoulder, and a blade-like weapon replaces, coming out from the top half, the transition within half a second. She attempts to slash it open as to not hurt any weapons, but the door, or maybe the lock. [roll0]

She turns to Yuri, who seems eager for more. "I've been called a war machine before..."

Wiz
2009-04-02, 07:42 AM
Naomi Armitage (20) (9)

Naomi raises a brow, "Indeed? Why did the program have to be shut down?"

Shades of Gray
2009-04-02, 07:54 AM
The previous government I was working for was using my unfinished technology on test subjects. Something I did not authorize. I shut it down as soon as I heard.

Ascension
2009-04-02, 08:06 AM
Yuri

"So," Yuri asks, "what's in the cabinet? Anything that could... oh, I don't know, take down a combat android?"

She pauses to exhale a ring of smoke.

"Just a hypothetical question, of course."

Wiz
2009-04-02, 09:46 AM
Naomi Armitage (20/20) (9)

Naomi looks startled, then seems to calm down and nod, "That is always a problem when dealing with governments, anytime you get a large number of people together, they no longer look to their own morality, but the needs of the group... they justify whatever they must to have by what they percieve they need and feel no personal responsibility for the consequences because it wasn't their action... it was the groups." She smiles, "You may be one of the few I've ever heard of who stood up to a situation like that and refused to help further when lives were threatened by your work."

Assuming it's true...

Verlaufen
2009-04-02, 02:25 PM
Hypothetical question!? She yells. she quickly moves up all to close to Yuri's neck with her blade-arm. "You mean to imply you could hurt me even if you were trying!? She's obviously offended by the statement, not realizing she's the only assassin in the mansion. "I accept your challenge! Whoever loses has to be slave to the other for the rest of the day!" She turns to the open box, not thinking through her previous statement, and sees...(fill us in, Shades!)

OOC: I shouldn't have acted so quickly...and this also brings me back to my original hypothesis. YOU'RE TRYING TO KILL ME!

Ascension
2009-04-02, 02:39 PM
Yuri

"Slavery? I suppose it's a good thing I don't intend to lose. Bring it on, machine girl!"

((OOC: Maybe just a little.))

Verlaufen
2009-04-02, 02:55 PM
"Принесите его, пистолет цыпленок!" Saede shoots back in Russian.

OOC: WOW, that came out wrong...

Shades of Gray
2009-04-02, 04:01 PM
The cabinet opens up to a room full of lots of weapons. Some experimental weapons developed by Nakaco. that no one has ever seen before.

Miss Saede, I urge you to wait until I unlock it next time. I will have no slavery in this manor. Souta says, standing up straight once more.

Thank you. I managed to stop it early on, only two subjects were altered. Shousei wipes a tear from his eye.

OOC: I asked this before, would Shousei be able to recognize Naomi at all?

Wiz
2009-04-02, 04:04 PM
OOC: Only if he had done the work himself, as he just claimed he hadn't... if he had actually done the work and altered her - the conversation could have sparked enough recollection that he might see the slightly older face of his test subject (though eye and hair color are changed).

Verlaufen
2009-04-02, 04:11 PM
"I'm sorry, Souta. I was a bit over-eager." She looks at the vast array of weapons before her, scanning through her databases about any minute information about them. "I'll help rpair the cabinet later. She looks back to Yuri. "Well, if there is to be no slavery, then maybe something a bit less costly. Any suggestions?

Shades of Gray
2009-04-02, 04:14 PM
OOC: He didn't do the operation himself, but he saw the result.

I regret even starting the project. Nothing good has come of it, and I hear that the government I worked on that project for is out to get me.

Wiz
2009-04-02, 04:40 PM

Naomi looks at him levelly. Governments do such things. Wouldn't it be ironic if they sent after you one of the actual individuals who's life was ruined by your research.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-02, 04:45 PM
I'd hope not. I wouldn't think they would, I asked them specifically not to employ the girls in their government. Considering their deceit earlier, that may not be the case.

Ascension
2009-04-02, 05:12 PM
Yuri

Yuri strolls into the room of weaponry.

"We will wager our secrets," Yuri recommends. She takes a long drag on her cigarette before continuing, "If you win I will tell you what I am and how I came to be here. If I win... If I win you will explain to our good friend here just what you are, сука робота!"

Yuri doesn't know why she is doing this. This is stupid. She should have relied on the element of surprise. She should have struck when the bot would least expect it. She shouldn't have let her emotions get involved at all. She shouldn't be this out of practice. She shouldn't be this eager to kill again either. Something's wrong, something's out of control.

Someone is going to get hurt.

((OOC: Don't you just love Babelfish? First "robot bitch" > English-to-Russian > "сука робота." Then "сука робота" > Russian-to-English > "the bough of the robot."))

Wiz
2009-04-02, 06:21 PM

Naomi smiles, "So, how do you like the rice dish... that one was mine."

Shades of Gray
2009-04-02, 06:24 PM
It may just be that I haven't eaten in two days, but this is amazing. Shousei eats the rice dish. As he is leaning over his food he looks at Naomi closely. You look kind of familiar...

Wiz
2009-04-02, 06:34 PM

Naomi chuckles, "Oh, I just have one of those faces... people are always saying that."

Siren
2009-04-02, 06:35 PM
Mizuki

"I ran away from home before my family did something drastic. I plan on trying to get back my skills in my own time."

Mizuki looks upset about talking about it.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-02, 06:46 PM
God I wish I could run away from home. Dad's always too busy working. Souta scares me. And my brother's just a spazz.

No, really, you look very familiar. Shousei can't quite put his finger on it...

Wiz
2009-04-02, 07:00 PM

Naomi shrugs, "Perhaps you've seen my picture in Who's Who in Science? Or on an internet website... I worked for Neurocom for a while..."

Siren
2009-04-02, 07:00 PM
Mizuki

"Then why don't you? We could plan it."

Shades of Gray
2009-04-02, 07:02 PM
Perhaps. I think I remember something about that...

Really? Running away after running away? Kana thinks about this. How would we do it?

Wiz
2009-04-02, 07:57 PM

Naomi smiles, "I knew it was something like that. So, ready to go lacerate some tissue samples?"

Shades of Gray
2009-04-02, 08:01 PM
But of course. Why wouldn't I be? Shousei says, standing up. Shall we? Shousei pulls Naomi's chair back, such a gentleman.

Wiz
2009-04-02, 08:03 PM

Naomi smiles, "Thank you, such manners... "

Shades of Gray
2009-04-02, 08:06 PM
Don't mention it. Shousei smiles as usual.

The two will head to the lab. To the Glass Elevator! Cheesy elevator music plays on the way down.

The lab is made of glass as well, and it is underwater. All around you you can see all varieties of sea life swimming around. In the center of the room is a desk, next to a cabinet. It is incredibly messy. Several trays with a stretched out black rubbery material are around.

Wiz
2009-04-02, 08:13 PM

Naomi looks around, "Your lab certainly is in a beautiful location." She looks over the samples, "Hmmmm... I would have thought they'd be suspended in a nutrient bath... how do you feed the cells?"

Shades of Gray
2009-04-02, 08:17 PM
Oh, those are just the failed experiments. Shousei says, clearing them off into a bin. I keep them fed with this. Shousei passes Naomi a syringe full of a clear liquid. Now, let's try this out...

Shousei opens one of the drawers, it is apparently refrigerated. He takes out a large test tube full of black stuff, and stretches it out on a tray. He takes another syringe and lets a few drops of the liquid drop onto the black, rubber-like material. He gets a scalpel ready.

It was your idea, you really should do the honours.

Verlaufen
2009-04-02, 08:40 PM
"Secrets? Well, something's better than nothing. I accept your terms! Saede is completely unaware of the inner dialogue from Yuri, expecting but a friendly game, with huge guns. She looks through the cabinet, eventually choosing a Chandler Sniper m40 Precision Rifle, which, although not being the newest weapon, is extremely accurate, and extremely dangerous in a pro's hands. It always amused Saede that people had bad enough senses or too little paranoia to avoid being crushed from a mile away. She takes it and starts feeling along it. "Ah, how I miss these things. What'll you be choosing, Yuri? Souta? And, how'llwe settle this competition?

Wiz
2009-04-02, 08:42 PM

Naomi nods and picks up the scalpel - then she does a quick surface slice of the tissue in a lazy-s curve, "What is the maximum output of oil you have detected from one of the organisms vs. your tissue culture?"

Shades of Gray
2009-04-02, 08:42 PM
I'm taking part in this? I'd rather not... Souta says, putting away his trusty old rifle.

It should be able to make just as much oil. When we get this together, we could probably genetically alter it to produce even more than the original creature.

Shousei cuts some of the sample, and places it in a microscope slide. He begins looking through it. Nothing yet... It may take some time, it usually takes five to ten minutes with the original creature...

Wiz
2009-04-02, 08:50 PM
Naomi Armitage (20) (9)

Naomi looks around, while waiting. Getting a feel for the layout of the lab... and perhaps a feel for the layout of the Shousei's mind as well.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-02, 09:00 PM
The lab is very messy. Various objects are strewn about.

Nothing yet... If you're interested in the work I was talking about earlier, third shelf.

Shousei points to a shelf, he's still looking in the microscope. He is, of course, referring to the cyborg project.

Wiz
2009-04-02, 09:03 PM
Naomi Armitage (20) (9)

Naomi glances curiously at the material on the third shelf.

Verlaufen
2009-04-02, 09:05 PM
Giving up before it even starts...I don't blame you. The circumstances are rather severe, and two other talented fighters have already entered the ring. But, Souta, might you have anything for us to use but targets? Moving targets, small game, far away trees?

Shades of Gray
2009-04-02, 09:08 PM
There is a large stack of papers. Detailing the process. These are all his notes. He had only tested on animals judging by the notes.

Then there is the report (not in his handwriting) about the testing on humans. Accompanied with a photograph of Naomi as a child, before and after the surgery. As well as a picture of:

Wiz only. you can read it, but everyone else who reads it gets a nega-cookie.
Souta. Before and after the same operation.

After this report from the government is Shousei's letter of resignation, signed by him.

Shooting range

Souta pulls a lever, and several small cannons deploy in the shooting range (in the target area, not at the stalls). They are loaded with ceramic disks. Souta holds up a small button with a cord attached to it.

Siren
2009-04-02, 09:12 PM
Mizuki

"I should probably learn more about this house before making an escape plan. I will be thinking about it though."

Verlaufen
2009-04-02, 09:14 PM
"Skeet? Very nice. I'll stick with this rifle, though. Shotguns were never accurate enough for me."

OOC: What in the world is a nega-cookie? And what does it say in that file?

Shades of Gray
2009-04-02, 09:16 PM
Cool. The next song plays. How do you like the other maids?

OOC: You can't look. Why would I tell you NoD? :smalltongue:

A nega-cookie is like a cookie. But horrible tasting and made of anti-matter.

Wiz
2009-04-02, 09:20 PM
Naomi Armitage (20) (9)

Naomi is a bit shaken by what she has read, "S... so, any progress?"

Shades of Gray
2009-04-02, 09:22 PM
Less than I expected... Shousei frowns. It's duplicating, but not at the original rate. Perhaps we need to apply certain conditions to it...

Wiz
2009-04-02, 09:25 PM
Naomi Armitage (20) (9)

Naomi frowns, "Perhaps the damage needs to be more severe... or... what other conditions do the living organisms usually undergo during regeneration. Do they have any behaviors? Immersion? Feeding?"

Siren
2009-04-02, 09:28 PM
Mizuki

"I don't know much about the other maids yet. They all seem mysterious and boring. Like they are all old hags. I don't think any of them have even tried to talk to me yet. Oh well."

Mizuki shrugs.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-02, 09:29 PM
I'm going to need to see the files here... Shousei opens up some notes on the lizard.

They tend to stay still while regenerating... check... They regenerate on land or underwater at about the same rate... Hmmm... Perhaps climate conditions? Humidity? Temperature? They live in the tropics...

They do seem boring and quiet, but not that old. Although that blue chick is a lot younger than the rest of them. Probably one a bit older than Gyoukei.

Wiz
2009-04-02, 09:39 PM
Naomi Armitage (20) (9)

Naomi nods, "We could try upping the temperature and humidity, that would seem to be the more likely conditions. Do you want me to set up a terrarium?""

Ascension
2009-04-02, 09:45 PM
Yuri

Seeing that her rival has chosen a bolt-action sniper rifle, Yuri does the same, claiming a Dakota T-76 Longbow.

"Why don't you go first," Yuri proposes.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-02, 09:51 PM
How long do you think it would take? Shousei asks, he may have a faster alternative.

Wiz
2009-04-02, 09:55 PM
Naomi Armitage (20) (9)

Naomi looks thoughtful, "Perhaps twenty minutes to get it all right... what else are you thinking?"

Shades of Gray
2009-04-02, 09:56 PM
Nothing really. Your idea sounds better, once again. Maybe the government got the wrong scientist? Shousei jokes, smiling.

Wiz
2009-04-02, 10:13 PM
Naomi Armitage (20) (9)

Naomi smiles, "I'm the lab assistant... that's what I'm here to do." She starts setting up the climate controlled terrarium.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-02, 10:17 PM
Shousei rifles through the files that Naomi looked at earlier. It had been a while.

Wiz
2009-04-02, 11:05 PM
Naomi Armitage (20) (9)

Naomi nods, "There, that should work. I could make a few more if we want to test varying conditions" She looks up and notes him looking at the files.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-02, 11:08 PM
Sure, let's try. Shousei smiles, and prepares a new sample. He'll make the cut again, and run it under the microscope once more.

Wiz
2009-04-02, 11:14 PM
Naomi Armitage (20) (9)

Naomi sets up six more terraria over the next hour, as the time passed she asked, "How is it coming?"

Shades of Gray
2009-04-03, 10:25 AM
Much better, It's reached the regular rate. Shousei sounds pretty exited. Sure we need to find a way to maintain the temperature at a reasonable price and energy expenditure, but we've done it. Shousei looks over to Naomi, and smiles.

OOC: I'm going to need a skill roll for the terrarium. See if it will continue working.

Wiz
2009-04-03, 11:48 AM
Naomi Armitage (20) (9)

Naomi smiles, happy that her hypothesis seems to be showing promise. She checks over the terraria...

OOC - Skill Roll Terreria: [roll0]

Shades of Gray
2009-04-03, 01:16 PM
The terrarium stays at mostly the same temperature, it works quite well.

Thank you Miss Armitage. You've been most helpful in this matter. I must apologize for what my research has done to you... Shousei frowns, his hand on the documents.

OOC: 2d6+1d3 Favor for Naomi.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-03, 01:17 PM
OOC: For Naomi

[roll0]
[roll1]

For favor. Let's try this again.

Wiz
2009-04-03, 01:25 PM
Naomi Armitage (20) (24)

Naomi nods, "So you say... perhaps it's true. What happened with you and Souta?"

OOC - Do I need to buy Scientist (lab coat) costume (cost: 15)?

Shades of Gray
2009-04-03, 01:30 PM
OOC: If you'd like to, yes. It would help. This is important plot stuff, so any spoiler relating to this should be... well... spoilered from the other players.

Wiz only once more.

Souta was an old friend of mine. He volunteered to be part of my experiment, but did not know that I had yet to authorize it. He was also altered, like that poor girl. Shousei looks up at Naomi when he says this.

He's still stuck by me all this time, regardless of what I indirectly did to him so many years ago.

Wiz
2009-04-03, 01:37 PM
Naomi Armitage (20) (9)

Naomi looks thoughtful, "So do you think that you are my target?"

OOC - Purchase Scientist (lab coat) costume (cost: 15).

Shades of Gray
2009-04-03, 01:50 PM
Possibly. I, of course, have made the mistake of giving you a scalpel against man that has not slept in about a week. If you had wanted to murder me, you would have had ample opportunity. Of course, you had been waiting until the project was complete, so that your government could utilize my technology under your name. A wonderful scheme I must say.

Verlaufen
2009-04-03, 02:21 PM
Two snipers in a skeet contest, battling for the secrets of their lives...pull the levers, Souta!

[roll0]

Wiz
2009-04-03, 02:24 PM
Naomi Armitage (20) (9)

Naomi shakes her head, "You aren't my target... you were my price. For one last assignment. The little girl who you let them take away has been harder and harder for them to control... they've usually found when they try a lever on me, they break it. For example, when they wanted me to seduce my targets they turned my hormonal and arousal stimulators to maximum... they had about a week of fun, 'testing me' before I learned how to lock my circuts in repair mode - making them inaccessable. Of course, the resulting lower hormone balance has made relationships difficult, but it's wonderful for focusing the intellect and getting work done."

Shades of Gray
2009-04-03, 02:28 PM
That's horrible. Shousei really hates himself right now. So... W-what's the mission?

Ascension
2009-04-03, 02:30 PM
Yuri

"You think that's something? Pull!"

Shades of Gray
2009-04-03, 02:34 PM
It seems that this round goes to Saede. Souta nods. I shall prepare smaller and faster targets for rounds two and three.

OOC: Roll two athletics next post.

Wiz
2009-04-03, 02:38 PM
Naomi Armitage (20) (9)

Naomi chuckles, "Kill one of your new maids... who by the way is also an assassin." She sighs, "I still haven't decided what to do... technically, I was supposed to kill my target before taking you out. It wasn't foreseen that you would recognize me though. Now I'm not sure if I want to kill you... I... I'm glad you were able to save one of us from my circumstances. I can't even blame you for your choice, he was your friend.

Verlaufen
2009-04-03, 02:44 PM
Saede begins laughing unnaturally. "Alright, Yuri. Get serious, if you don't want your secret exposed!" She empties out her chamber again and loads the next bullet. "Bring it!"

[roll0]
[roll1]

Shades of Gray
2009-04-03, 02:44 PM
Well if it helps, I don't want you to kill me either.

I didn't make any choice. They told me that you were going to go to an orphanage. I should have known better not to trust them in the first place. Shousei sulks.

Ascension
2009-04-03, 02:45 PM
Yuri

"You haven't won yet!" Yuri growls, "Pull!"

[roll0] [roll1]

Shades of Gray
2009-04-03, 02:50 PM
Souta looks at the notepad he was using.

It appears that miss Saede has won this competition. However if it is any condolence, you beat her on the most difficult round Miss Yuri.

Verlaufen
2009-04-03, 02:54 PM
Saede moves in to shake Yuri's hand. "Thst may very well have been the best marksmanship I have seen this year...However, I do hope you agree to your own terms."

Ascension
2009-04-03, 03:00 PM
Yuri

"Very well. First, let me say that I would not be doing this if I had any other choice. I fought as a child soldier in Chechnya, and I saw more than my share of bloodshed then. Then I killed for the Russian government, and I caused more than my share of bloodshed then. But if I ever wish to be free... I must kill one... more... time..."

Yuri raises her rifle.

"My only consolation is that, as a machine, you were never truly alive."

Verlaufen
2009-04-03, 03:05 PM
Gah! Saede srops her weapon and attempts to dodge the bullet.

[roll0]

OOC: I spent my sixes finding towels and cleaning up for Shousei, didn't I?

Shades of Gray
2009-04-03, 03:08 PM
Miss Yuri. If you shoot... Souta says, staring menacingly at her. He pulls out a gadget from his pocket, it looks like a small patch.

If Yuri shoots, Souta will use his "World for two" power to save Saede, bring them into his pocket dimension using a cool gadget thing.

Verlaufen
2009-04-03, 03:10 PM
OOC: Ascension got me fair and square. It should be his choice...I knew it was you from the beginning.

Ascension
2009-04-03, 03:33 PM
Yuri

"I'm sorry, Mister Ryuji, I don't have a choice."

*BANG*

Shades of Gray
2009-04-03, 03:38 PM
Miss Saede please! Souta doesn't make it in time to save her from being shot, but he applies the World for Two patch to Yuri after the shot. *poof*

Yuri and Souta should be transported to a perfectly white room.

OOC: Error in last post of mine. Sorry. Said Yuri.

Wiz
2009-04-03, 04:01 PM
Naomi Armitage (20) (9)

Naomi shakes her head slowly, "No... I don't suppose you should have trusted the people who misused your technology to install it in a young girl after erasing her memory, that they would then take the girl and put her in an orphanage after spending a few million dollars to test your theories out." She sighs, "To quote a movie, 'you're the dumbest smart person I've ever met.'" She looks at the terraria. "Still, even though stupidity is a capital crime - nature is the judge, jury and executioner for that - not me... So, I think we should set a range of temperatures in the terreria - see if we can isolate an optimal temperature for enzyme activity. Once we've done that we should be able to compare that to other enzymatic profiles... that could give us a clue to the molecular structure of the enzymes that promote regeneration and oil production."

Shades of Gray
2009-04-03, 04:03 PM
I know. I can't tell you just how sorry I am. Go ahead and kill me after, I deserve it. But for now, we have a project to work on. Shousei sighs, and goes over to the terrarium.

Wiz
2009-04-03, 04:10 PM
Naomi Armitage (20) (9)

Naomi chuckles, "If I kill you, then I'm out of a job. Since I'm not an assassin anymore, I might as well be a lab assistant with a lot of built in weaponry." She glances around, "I will need some lab space for my own projects though... and you can get me a salary increase when you negotiate your next grant proposal... I think you might agree I'm worth it." She pauses, pondering, "Do you still want me to kill my target? I was told they were an assassin too... though I've no idea who their target is."

Verlaufen
2009-04-03, 04:23 PM
Saede looks at her body to checks for a bullet hole, which she finds. She stares at the hole, trying to assume what it hit. As it seems, the bullet seems to be lodged deep in the skin, err...metal. She looks down at the ground. I could be dead now...I...I could be dead! I couldn't stop that...I should've expected that...I can't finish my mission alone if I can't even stay alive on myself!

Calm down...I'm not dead...All I should worry about right now is myself, not Yuri...I ought to walk balk to the mansion. I'll think of something. Se begins towards the masion, trying to think where the master would be right now.

Ascension
2009-04-03, 08:03 PM
Yuri

Yuri finds herself in a white room alone with Souta.

"So, Mister Ryuji, will you be turning me over to the local authorities now? Or punishing me personally? You do realize that girl is a machine built for the purposes of combat. You saw her shooting back there... no human is that fast, that accurate. She poses a threat to your entire household. You know who I'm here to kill... her... but she could be after anyone."

Yuri lights yet another cigarette.

"You should have let me finish my job."

Cunning: [roll0]

Shades of Gray
2009-04-03, 08:10 PM
Danger to the household? Who was it that just shot her? You can shoot almost as well, should I be concerned about you? Moreso even. Souta rubs his temples. I have absolutely no authority in this matter. Whether you remain employed or not. Shousei and his manor are under diplomatic immunity.

That does not mean that I can't take matters into my own hands in this room. Souta glares at her, taking out a sharpened letter opener.

Yes. You can have a third of this lab and whatever resources you may require. Shousei pretty much will let her have whatever she wants, he is really torn about this matter.

Ascension
2009-04-03, 08:19 PM
Yuri

"I am leaving behind the life of an assassin!" Yuri insists, "This is my final mission! That thing, on the other hand, is built only to kill! It looks human, to an extent it acts human, but it is not human!"

Yuri lays down her gun.

"I will not fight you. I will not fight anyone other than that android. Do what you will to me, it can be no worse than what Russia has done to me."

Shades of Gray
2009-04-03, 08:21 PM
Do you not think I've noticed that every freaking person here is suspicious? That blue mutant girl, the robot, the succubus, my female counterpart, the freakin death reaper, and now YOU? Gods, I thought you were the only normal person here, and now you go and turn out to be an assassin. Souta looks really stressed.

Tichrondrius
2009-04-03, 08:31 PM
Rei

The Death Reaper continued her silent appraisal of nearly everyone, not really following anyone and trying not to be suspicious. An aura of dread surrounded her, which was fine. She wasn't here for socializing, she didn't need to eat, and she didn't care about anyone. Anyone except her target. She scanned around for her once more.

"Hello there.... did you say your name was Sora?" She asked politely.

Verlaufen
2009-04-03, 08:37 PM
OOC: Man. Witht the drama going on here, we could sell this as a TV show script.

IC: Saede couldn't think of what to do with the situation. She couldn't leave the bullet in herself, and she didn't know how to tell the master any of this. As she reaches the mansion, she quietly enters and goes to the maid's quarters. She shuts the door and sits in a chair, searching for information on Yuri, the child soldier in Chechnya, then she killed for the Russian government. Hoping to find some sort of information about her, while at the same time trying to figure what to do with the situation. She looks out the window. "Noburu Konoe...what am I?"

OOC: So, Ascension, what now? Your cover is completely blown. Can you still take down Saede?

Shades of Gray
2009-04-03, 08:53 PM
Mansion wide event!

Everyone's cellphone, pager, etc. will all ring or send some sort of signal to all of the maids. These messages are from your respective governments.

Verlaufen
2009-04-03, 08:58 PM
Saede picks up signals through her communications antennae. She immediately shiftls her voice from questioning out the window to serious business. "Sir. How do you need me of service?"

OOC: So, now we play the waiting game...

Ascension
2009-04-03, 09:17 PM
Yuri

"Maybe we're all assassins," Yuri says sarcastically, rolling her eyes, "Look, it's not like I want to kill. It's just a job. A job I carried out poorly. I'm rusty. I probably couldn't kill anyone in this state."

She blows another smoke ring.

"You'd better hope the rest are just as toothless."

She suddenly feels a vibration from below and blushes.

"Oh! I think that's my phone. Could you excuse me?"

She turns her back to Souta, flips up the edge of her dress just a bit, and produces a slim cell phone from her garter.

"With luck," she says upon seeing who's calling, "I may be off the hook without producing a body."

She flips the phone open.

"Da?"

Siren
2009-04-03, 09:42 PM
Mizuki

Mizuki holds up her finger to indicate that Kana should wait a second. Mizuki reaches in between her boobs and pulls out a phone. She sees who it is and answers accordingly.

"Hey my bitch why are you hounding me?"

Kids these days no respect for authority. I just couldn't help myself.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-03, 11:14 PM
Remind me never to ask for your phone...

Siren
2009-04-04, 12:47 AM
Mizuki

Mizuki places her hand over the phone so the other person can't hear her as well.

"Where else did you think I would keep it? This outfit is pretty skimpy. Also what you don't want to touch something that touched my boobs? I am shocked."

Mizuki puts her ear back up to phone and removes her hand.

Wiz
2009-04-04, 12:57 AM
Naomi Armitage (20) (9)

Naomi pauses, "One moment, getting a communication from my former employer." She touches a finger to her temple.

Siren
2009-04-04, 01:16 PM
Mizuki

"I will say what I please you don't own me. She is boring and I will talk to her when I want. My life doesn't revolve around you. About my phone you just want to see what happens if my phone vibrates in a naughty place. You are such a perv."

Mizuki appears to be getting more annoyed as she talks to the person on the phone.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-04, 01:18 PM
Must be her ex...

Siren
2009-04-04, 01:25 PM
Mizuki

"Aren't there child labor laws or something? I don't know I am not really into that stuff. Surely there must be something wrong with this situation. I never promised you fast results anyway. Oh yeah, my phone is either between my breasts or in my panties most of the time. You really are a perv. I am young enough to be your grandchild."

Mizuki starts to laugh.

Wiz
2009-04-04, 02:09 PM
Naomi Armitage (20) (9)

Naomi pauses, "Hmmmm... they're unsatisfied with my progress... oh, and apparently they have some kind of download from my visual cortex." She seems to concentrate for a moment.

OOC - Skillfully Identify Transmission Circuits and Lock them into Repair Mode: [roll0]

Tichrondrius
2009-04-04, 03:05 PM
Rei

"Excuse me." Rei said, turning away and ducking into the shadows. She touched her finger to her temple. "Yes, Redding?" She asked curtly, establishing magical telepathy with him.

Verlaufen
2009-04-04, 04:30 PM
"I understand. It wouldn't be too much of a strectch to believe that however. Should an oppurtunity present itself, should I exterminate her as well?

As Saede speaks, she's sending audio files of the meeting with Yuri over to HQ, and trying to find out more about her.

"Also, I'm troubled by this bullet in me. Any suggestions for a course of action, sir?

OOC: I'm making a check to see if I can find out the true identity of Yuri through database research.

(If Luck Check) [roll0]
(If Skill Check) [roll1]

Shades of Gray
2009-04-04, 05:44 PM
You should not find much information about a secret Russian crossdressing agent on the internet. Your google-fu is weak. However you do find quite a few scarring images while searching for that name.

Naomi successfully Skillfully Identifies Transmission Circuits and Locks them into Repair Mode.

Verlaufen
2009-04-04, 05:48 PM
OOC: I must train my Google-fu. Actually, I was probably using some government database, but Oh well.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-04, 05:48 PM
OOC: Fine, you search the database. You still find said pictures for some strange reason... :smalleek:

Verlaufen
2009-04-04, 05:49 PM
OOC: Rule 34 of the internet, my friend.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-04, 06:01 PM
Whiny ex? Kana asks to Mizuki, she doesn't seem to mind the hair stroking.

Siren
2009-04-04, 06:07 PM
Mizuki

"No it wasn't. It was someone more important than that. He was such a perv though. Well what were we talking about before that phone call?"

Verlaufen
2009-04-04, 06:39 PM
OOC: So...will me government respond to my inquiry? Sorry if I sound impatient, I'm just wondering.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-04, 09:00 PM
Running away. Or something like that.

Saede
Stay away from "yuri" as much as you can, she seems to have it in for you. Try to get on with the mission with great haste, worry about your primary target first, take out Yuri if she interferes. Most importantly, make sure that none of the masters or the butler see you.

OOC: So... Tich... I see that you are online... Gonna do anything?

Verlaufen
2009-04-04, 09:09 PM
"Understood, sir. That may be hard to do in secrecy, but in the best of my abilities, I shall." She ends the communication, thinking of the next course of action. It might be possible to use some lab equipment to remove the bullet, and she might find out something else while she's down there. She proceeds towards the lab. As she exits the elevator, she calls to Shousei. "Master Shousei?"

Shades of Gray
2009-04-04, 09:10 PM
Ah, miss Saede. Do come in. Shousei looks a bit stressed, but smiles.

You may continue with your work Naomi. Shousei says, turning his head to Naomi before moving it back to Saede in a flash.

Verlaufen
2009-04-04, 09:17 PM
Saede is covering the bullet in her skin with one hand. "If it wouldn't be too much to ask, could I borrow a few lab tools for a bit? I've come across...something that I need to work on right now.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-04, 09:18 PM
Certainly. What for? Shousei asks, not knowing anything that is going on.

Verlaufen
2009-04-04, 09:22 PM
Saede ponders for a moment as to how to say this to the master. "Well," She uncovers the bullet. "There was a bit of an incident at the shooting range.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-04, 09:31 PM
Oh god. I knew Souta should have never got the place installed. Shousei says, rushing to Saede. LEt me see the wound.

Verlaufen
2009-04-04, 09:34 PM
Don't blame anything on Souta. If Miss Yuri hadn't misused her weapon, nothing would've happened.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-04, 09:37 PM
It doesn't matter who shot it. He made the place. Shousei insists, grabbing the hand. Let's see...

Verlaufen
2009-04-04, 09:39 PM
"So, do you think you'll be able to fix it? If not, I could take care of it myself.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-04, 09:42 PM
Of course I can. Take a seat. Shousei motions towards a chair. He takes a large metal device and adjusts his goggles.

Verlaufen
2009-04-04, 09:44 PM
Saede is surprised that Shousei is taking on the job."Th-Thank you, Master Shousei. I hope I'm not disturbing your progress right now. She takes a seat in the chair.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-04, 09:46 PM
Of course not. My work may be important, but the health of my friends is always my top priority. Please, just call me Shousei. Shousei smiles. He taps his goggles and a full welding mask moves out of his goggles.

This may hurt a bit. Shousei says, a rotating needles extending from the device.

Verlaufen
2009-04-04, 09:50 PM
"It's fine." She make no attempt to feign pain, and looks around the room as she waits for the operation to finish.

Tichrondrius
2009-04-04, 09:51 PM
Rei

"Bastard." She hissed, coming from the shadows. "Where is that..." Rei said, rubbing her hands together, but not finding her. Then she went in search of entertainment. Hoping to run into someone.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-04, 09:53 PM
The operation goes on. Shousei will ask if she's okay several times. Many more times than would actually be necessary.

There, should be done. Shousei smiles, stopping the device. Let's just patch it up. Shousei will get some sort of thing to plug up the wound and attach synthetic over it.

Rei should not run into anyone. Everyone's either in the lab, dining hall, Kana's room, or alternate dimension.

Ascension
2009-04-04, 10:04 PM
Yuri

"Very well," Yuri answers, "Yuri out."

She snaps the phone shut.

"I won't lie to you... The mission is still a go. I am still obligated to render that machine inoperable. If you wish to protect its safety, you will likely have to exterminate me. Do what you must."

She replaces the cell phone in her garter, but she lets the hem of her dress ride much higher this time as she does so.

"If you were to spare me, though," she says in a smoky sweet voice, "I would be very grateful."

Cunning Seduction: [roll0]

Verlaufen
2009-04-04, 10:05 PM
Saede steps out of the chair, feeling the new patch. "Thank you so much, Shousei. Now, if you'll excuse me, I must... Saede realizes that she has no good place to go. She turns back to Shousei. Shousei? Is there any...maid work you need done? I do believe that is what I was employed for.

OOC: Hah! Yuri almost definately fails! Aren't there special rules for seduction and failed attempts of the butler? I suggest you go for the reverse-seduce technique, Shades!

Shades of Gray
2009-04-04, 10:09 PM
Shousei thinks for a moment.

... Not that I can think of. Dinner isn't for quite a while. I'm fine with the messiness down here. Souta and Kana take care of themselves, and Souta takes care of Gyoukei...

I don't even know why I even have maids here, the government just employed you all for me. So I believe you are free to do whatever you wish until dinner. Shousei smiles.

OOC: [roll0] Will edit post after result.

I am afraid not. Now please, cover up, it is indecent. Souta says with a straight face, however he is quite noticeably blushing. 2 Stress to Yuri. He steps towards Yuri, holding the letter opener.

Siren
2009-04-04, 10:11 PM
Mizuki

"Well I would love to talk to you about running away some more, but I need to use the restroom. I will be back soon."

Mizuki goes out the door.

Crap there was a restroom in there. I forgot about it. Oh well, I need to find my target. Despite playing cool I don't really want to know what will happen if I don't even try.

Verlaufen
2009-04-04, 10:18 PM
"Alright then. Thank you." She bows, then looks over to Naomi. "And Ms. Armitage, if I could speak to you after you're done helping Shousei, I'll be in the quarters. It's a rather personal matter. With that, she leaves for the rooms, wondering why Shousei hired us all.

OOC: Tich, this may be a good chance to run into somebody...