PDA

View Full Version : suggestions, ideas, comments

Fjolnir
2009-03-28, 11:18 PM
my friend might be taking a break from dming for a while and someone else will be stepping in with a new campaign, I'm thinking of running an artificer, this would be my first one what sort of suggestions would you make for making the most of this character? (no warforged in setting, supposed to be vaguely steampunkish are the only things the new dm has let out about the setting)

oh and for a bonus question, is it worth taking legendary artisan or any of the other feats that reduce time/xp/create time multiple times?

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-03-29, 09:12 AM
oh and for a bonus question, is it worth taking legendary artisan or any of the other feats that reduce time/xp/create time multiple times?Yes, yes, for the love of all that is good YES!

They are that vital. Other than that, there have been 3 other threads on Artificers in the last 12 hours, so check one of them. :smallwink:

mostlyharmful
2009-03-29, 09:45 AM
oh and for a bonus question, is it worth taking legendary artisan or any of the other feats that reduce time/xp/create time multiple times?

Errata after the fact tried to shut down that one, you#re only supposed to be able to take each one once otherwise it just gets silly, making a quarterstaff out of the material component of one six foot stick is one thing but looking at a twig and suddenly it's a wand of enervarate.... bleh:smallmad:

Fjolnir
2009-03-29, 12:05 PM
well what about other metamagic feats for the ability to expend charges to boost them, when should I be picking them up?

or is that for an entirely different build?