PDA

View Full Version : Epic Spell-like Abilities [Feat and Epic Spell]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2009-03-29, 05:59 AM
This epic spell is using Feanmerc's epic spellcasting system, but instead of spellpoints I like to stick to more traditional casting. The only reason being though that I don't know their spellpoint system.

----

Epic Spell-like Ability [Epic]
You are capable of extending your use of spell-like abilities into epic levels.
Prerequisites: Ability to use at least one spell-like ability of 9th level and usable at least once a day, Cha 25
Benefit: You gain a number of uses of an epic spell equal to your HD divided by 7. If you have multiple epic spell-like abilities known, you can use them each the same number of times per day. Additionally, because a creature's natural magical talents aren't strictly based around learning magic as a wizard or sorcerer, they instead make a special character level check, adding their Charisma modifier. They also add synergy bonuses based on ranks in certain skills. If they have 5 or more ranks in any of the following skills, they gain a +2 bonus to the check and an additional +1 for every 5 more ranks they have in the skills. The skills are as follows; Concentration, Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (religion), Knowledge (the planes) and Spellcraft.
Learning epic spell-like abilities follows all the same rules as learning and epic spell. Creatures also cannot learn an epic spell-like ability with a casting DC higher than three times their HD.

----

Lanza Del Relampago
Evocation [Death, Summoning]
Level: 14
Spellcraft DC: 70
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Long (400 ft. + 40 ft. level)
Area: 40-ft.-radius spread
Duration: 1 min/level; instantaneous (see text)
Saving Throw: Fort partial (see text)
Spell Resistance: Yes

To Develop: 490,000 gp; 10 days; 19,600 XP. Seeds: detonate (DC 30), summon weapon (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Summon_Weapon_(DnD_Spell)) (DC 14). Factors: Increase area by 100% (+4 DC), decrease casting time from one full-round action to one standard action (+2 DC), increase range from medium to long (+4 DC), increase maximum damage dice per caster level by 10 (+10), change energy damage to untyped damage (ad hoc +10 DC). Mitigating Factors: Change target from target to ranged touch (-4 DC).

You put your hands together to form a spear of pure energy that seems to glow with a strange otherworldly light. You use the spear to thrust into one foe, and then hurl it a great distance, hitting another foe and causing him to explode in an incredible burst of energy.

When this spell is cast, it creates a solid weapon out of the energy of the caster's soul. This weapon can be any kind of weapon the caster chooses, but is traditionally made out to be a spear and has a +5 enhancement bonus to attack and damage rolls, and overcomes damage reduction as though it were a magic weapon. The caster is not automatically proficient with this weapon. This weapon will remain in the caster's possession for 1 minute per caster level, but will disappear if successfully used with the spell's second feature. If this weapon is hurled at a foe as a ranged touch attack and hits, the foe must make a Fortitude save or die, exploding in a massive 80-ft. radius blast centered on the target, dealing 1d6 untyped damage per caster level(maximum 30d6) and leaving nothing but ash of the original target. If the foe succeeds on the saving throw, they instead take 10d8 points of untyped damage as the volatile energy still courses through their body, as well as the weapon damage. If the ranged touch attack misses, it instead explodes when it hits the next solid object or reaches the maximum spell range. If the next solid target is capable of dodging the attack, their AC must overcome the original attack roll used.

horngeek
2009-03-29, 06:15 PM
Niiiiiiice. I'm assuming inspired by Uliquorra's attack?

And by the way... weren't you supposed to be making the epic destiny version of Oni no Kamen?

Krimm_Blackleaf
2009-03-29, 08:24 PM
Niiiiiiice. I'm assuming inspired by Uliquorra's attack?

And by the way... weren't you supposed to be making the epic destiny version of Oni no Kamen?

I am, I am... I'm just having trouble figuring out some of the abilities and I was hoping updates to the manga would help me out.

Stycotl
2009-03-29, 10:15 PM
Feanmerc's epic spellcasting system

have a link?

Krimm_Blackleaf
2009-03-29, 10:22 PM
have a link?

Afraid not. I can't find it anywhere online, I just have a copy on my computer.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2009-03-30, 02:51 AM
I accidentally did the spell a bit wrong, but I've corrected it.