PDA

View Full Version : How do you revise 3.5 stats to 4e

Froogleyboy
2009-03-29, 02:18 PM
I was at my local hobby shop an hour ago when my friend Nathan told me he was feeling sick and he asked if id run his 4E campaign. He said he didn't have a quest for the team and i could run my stuff. All my stuff is 3.5 and I have 2 hours untill the game so how do I change 3.5 tats to 4E?

Waspinator
2009-03-29, 02:38 PM
You really don't. 4E is completely different than 3.5E and it's not as much "revise" as "build new characters and monsters that resemble the old ones".

Thajocoth
2009-03-29, 06:29 PM
I've never played 3.5 before, but I've heard that in 3.5 monster and player stats weren't so incredibly different as they are now. How long do you have to plan? You might want to start plans over with 4e in mind.

There's a handy guide in the DMG for how much an enemy should have of HP, AC, Defenses, to-hit AC, to-hit other defenses, damage dealt by attacks, ect... Then it says to fudge the numbers a bit when done. That'll work for anything you can't find in the Monster Manual. You can also build enemy versions of the PHB's player classes from another section in the DMG if that helps.

Theodoriph
2009-03-29, 07:44 PM
He had two hours until his friend's campaign started. :smalltongue: He should be running it right now...if he managed to pull something out.

Eldariel
2009-03-29, 08:03 PM
He had two hours until his friend's campaign started. :smalltongue: He should be running it right now...if he managed to pull something out.

And this, my friends, is precisely why you should never leave home without a hat.

bosssmiley
2009-03-30, 10:21 AM
And this, my friends, is precisely why you should never leave home without a hat.

...or a copy of Microlite d20 (http://microlite20.net/). :smallwink:

ericgrau
2009-03-30, 10:30 AM
There are several recent guides at www.wizards.com for this. But they basically involve recreating characters, and it doesn't cover monsters. For monsters I'd just find a 4e monster manual. I don't think you can remake everything in 2 hours.

EDIT: Oh time's up already.

Waspinator
2009-03-30, 12:19 PM
That's basically what I was saying. There is not way to directly convert like you could going from 3.0 to 3.5. For 3.5 to 4.0, you basically have to just decide what the general concept and important abilities of the old character or monster are and make a new 4.0 one that is similar.

Lycan 01
2009-03-30, 12:32 PM
So... how did it go? :smallconfused:

monty
2009-03-30, 04:58 PM
And this, my friends, is precisely why you should never leave home without a hat towel.

Fixed for you.