PDA

View Full Version : Warblade with a Spiked Chain

Myrmex
2009-03-29, 07:53 PM
Would making a Warblade that trips people synergize with maneuvers, or can you not trip and initiate in the same round (most of the time)?

Olo Demonsbane
2009-03-29, 08:12 PM
If you get the Knockdown feat, then yes, it would work perfectly.

Irate Ranger
2009-03-29, 08:31 PM
Well, he technically wouldn't be a Warblade, but whatever.:smallbiggrin:

Yeah, trip attacks and the like should work good. Pretty standard procedure once you get the hang of it.

Myrmex
2009-03-29, 09:02 PM
To initiate a maneuver is a standard action. To initiate a maneuver is a standard action. There is only one standard action per turn. Apparently, tripping someone while also using a maneuver wouldn't work, since I don't have enough actions / they don't look like you can combine them (like trip/power attacking during an AoO).

Myrmex
2009-03-29, 09:15 PM
To initiate a maneuver is a standard action. To initiate a maneuver is a standard action. There is only one standard action per turn. Apparently, tripping someone while also using a maneuver wouldn't work, since I don't have enough actions / they don't look like you can combine them (like trip/power attacking during an AoO).

Or maybe not. Each strike involves an attack roll; you could just make that attack a trip attack.

JaxGaret
2009-03-29, 09:18 PM
Well, he technically wouldn't be a Warblade, but whatever.:smallbiggrin:

Warchain!!

Hat-Trick
2009-03-29, 09:21 PM
Setting Sun has some fun tripping maneuvers, but a few don't do weapons, I don't think.

Waspinator
2009-03-29, 09:32 PM
You'll probably want to burn a feat to get "Thicket of Blades".

Person_Man
2009-03-29, 09:38 PM
Olo Demonsbane suggested the best method. Combine Knockdown and Combat Reflexes with pretty much any reach weapon for a decent Trip build. You might also want a few levels of Factotum to gain your Int bonus to Trip attacks, or Marshal to gain your Cha bonus, or War Mind fpr Expansion and Sweeping Strike, but those are strictly optional.

Myrmex
2009-03-29, 10:41 PM
Olo Demonsbane suggested the best method. Combine Knockdown and Combat Reflexes with pretty much any reach weapon for a decent Trip build. You might also want a few levels of Factotum to gain your Int bonus to Trip attacks, or Marshal to gain your Cha bonus, or War Mind fpr Expansion and Sweeping Strike, but those are strictly optional.

The main problem would be combining trips with strikes, but a review of the rules reveals that there is no problem. Those are all great suggestions; unfortunately source material is a bit limited. Enlarge spells would be about the only source of trip bonuses. Knockdown would be nice. So would psionics. But full Warblade with trip would also work just fine, I think, especially against medium BBEGs.

AslanCross
2009-03-30, 05:34 AM
I've always wanted to make a warblade who could disarm multiple opponents with Mithral Tornado, or Trip them with Adamantine Hurricane THEN hit them for great justice. (Then AOO them when they try to get up)