PDA

View Full Version : [4E] A Tiefling Paladin

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-03-29, 09:14 PM
I'm about to join an epic game as a Tiefling Paladin/Turathi Highborn/Demigod.

I have a rudimentary build prepared, but I could use some help in polishing it...

Orianna, The Blazing Empress

Race: Tiefling.
Class: Paladin/Avenger.
Paragon Path: Turathi Highborn.
Epic Destiny: Demigod.

Starting Ability Scores:
Str 13, Con 14, Dex 10, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 18.

Ability Score Boosts:
4 - +1 DEX, +1 CHA
8 - +1 DEX, +1 STR
11 - +1 to all
14 - +1 STR, +1 CHA
18 - +1 STR, +1 DEX
21 - +1 to all (Demigod: +2 STR, +2 CHA)
24 - +1 STR, +1 CHA
28 - +1 STR, +1 CHA

Final Ability Scores:
Str 21, Con 16, Dex 15, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 25.

Trained Skills:
Endurance, Insight, Intimidate, Religion.

Gear:
Bastard Sword, Heavy Shield, Plate Armor

1, At-Will: Holy Strike, Enfeelbling Strike
1, Encounter: Piercing Smite
1, Daily: Radiant Delirium
2, Utility: Astral Speech
3, Encounter: Righteous Smite
5, Daily: Sign of Vulnerability
6, Utility: Wrath of the Gods
7, Encounter: Divine Reverence
9, Daily: Crown of Glory
10, Utility: Turn The Tide
11, Encounter: Bolts of Bedevilment
12, Utility: Infernal Nova
13, Encounter: Whirlwind Smite
15, Daily: True Nemesis
16, Utility: Death Ward
17, Encounter: Hand of the Gods
19, Daily: Corona of Blinding Radiance
20, Daily: Thrall of Turath
22, Utility: Gift of Life
23, Encounter: Resounding Smite
25, Daily: To The Nine Hells With You
26, Utility: Divine Regeneration
27, Encounter: Restricting Smite
29, Daily: Even Hand of Justice

1. Melee Training (Charisma).
2. Weapon Proficiency (bastard sword).
4. Toughness.
6. Durable.
8. Hellfire Blood.
10. Scion of the Gods.
12. Fiery Rebuke.
14. Armor Specialization (plate).
16. Uncanny Dodge.
18. Paragon Defenses (replaced by Robust Defenses at 21).
20. Heavy Blade Opportunity.
21. Irresistable Flame.
22. Blind Fight.
24. Triumphant Attack
26. Epic Reflexes
28. Font of Radiance
30. Heavy Blade Mastery

I'm not too sure about the stats, since the game is 26 Point Buy, and I'm not sure how to calculate that. I mostly just plucked things out of The Paladin's Handbook: Facestabbing in the name of thy God, to try and assemble the build. We're starting this game at level 21, so I'll have everything up to that point on this list. Any and all advice on building this character would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

EDIT: New and Improved Build for critique!

Starting Ability Scores:
Str 10, Con 14, Dex 8, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 20

Trained Skills:

Languages Known: Abyssal, Common, Deep Speech, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Primordial, Supernal.

Ability Score Boosts:
4 - +1 Wis, +1 Cha
8 - +1 Wis, +1 Cha
11 - +1 to all
14 - +1 Wis, +1 Cha
18 - +1 Wis, +1 Cha
21 - +1 to all (Demigod: +2 Wis, +2 Cha)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
24 - +1 Wis, +1 Cha
28 - +1 Wis, +1 Cha

Final Ability Scores:
Str 12, Con 16, Dex 10, Int 14, Wis 24, Cha 30

Feats:
1. Melee Training (Charisma)
2. Weapon Proficiency (bastard sword)
4. Disciple of Divine Wrath
6. Linguist
8. Weapon Focus (heavy blades)
10. Toughness
11. Fiery Rebuke
12. Armor Specialization (plate)
14. Paragon Defenses
16. Linguist
18. Durable
20. Improved Initiative
21. Font of Radiance
21. Uncanny Dodge (replaces Paragon Defenses)
22. Epic Will
24. Epic Fortitude
26. Epic Reflexes
28. Blind-Fight
30. Triumphant Attack

Powers:
1, At-Will: Bolstering Strike, Enfeelbling Strike
1, Encounter: Shielding Smite
13, Encounter: Entangling Smite
23, Encounter: Here Waits Thy Doom
27, Encounter: Stunning Smite

Equipment:

Armor: +4 Soulforged Specter plate armor

Weapon: +4 Radiant bastard sword

Holy Symbol: +4 Sun Disk of Pelor holy symbol

Arms Slot: Bracers of Mental Might

Feet Slot: Boots of Eagerness

Hands Slot: Gauntlets of Destruction

Head Slot: +1 Helm of Battle

Neck Slot: +4 Torc of Power Preservation

Ring 1: Ring of Tenacious Will

Ring 2: Ring of the Dragonborn Emperor

Waist Slot: Belt of Blood

Wondrous Items: Handy Haversack, Everlasting Provisions, Floating Lantern, Hunter's Flint, Restful Bedroll, Battle Standard of Might

Potions: Potion of Vitality (1), Potion of Healing (11)

Other Equipment: Standard Adventurer's Kit, Heavy Shield, Silk Rope (50 ft.), Tent

Current Remaining Spending Money: 15 gp

Ability boosts, powers and feats in the areas marked by dotted lines are ones that my character cannot take yet, since she is starting at level 21.

Colmarr
2009-03-29, 09:38 PM
8. Hellfire Blood.

You might get more value out of Weapon/Implement Expertise than you would out of Hellfire Blood.

18. Paragon Defenses (replaced by Robust Defenses at 21).

For someone who hasn't picked up PHB2 yet, what does this feat (and the Epic "Robust" equivalent) do?

NPCMook
2009-03-29, 09:51 PM
Robust Defense gives you +2 Feat bonus to your NADs

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-03-29, 09:53 PM
You might get more value out of Weapon/Implement Expertise than you would out of Hellfire Blood.
Our DM has banned those feats.

For someone who hasn't picked up PHB2 yet, what does this feat (and the Epic "Robust" equivalent) do?

Paragon Defenses (PHB 2, 191):

Prerequisites: 11th level

Benefit: You gain a +1 feat bonus to Fortitude, Reflex, and Will.

Robust Defenses (PHB 2, 194):

Prerequisites: 21st level

Benefit: You gain a +2 feat bonus to Fortitude, Reflex, and Will.

Shadow_Elf
2009-03-29, 10:28 PM
Might I recommend Multiclass Avenger, for the fluff and the crunch?

Rolling twice on two or three attacks/encounters is definitely worth a feat if you're not taking any other multiclass feats.

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-03-29, 10:45 PM
Where should I fit that in? Are there any good Avenger powers that I should take other MC feats for?

Here's my current fluff for her:

Orianna's parents were devotees of Asmodeus who wanted to restore Bael Turath, and she was raised as a spoiled noble girl, until a band of Bahamut-worshiping adventurers defeated them. The party's dragonborn paladin took her in and taught her about Bahamut. Later, she joined Bahamut's church and became a paladin herself her "foster father" becoming her instructor. When he was killed by tiefling cultists to try and curry favor with Asmodeus, she came to a realization:

Asmodeus didn't really care about the tiefling race, and his promises to help them restore Bael Turath were nothing but lies so he could steal their souls.

This, coupled with her noble Turathi ambition, led her to seek godhood. Perhaps with a god of their own, who genuinely cared about their future, the tieflings would stop fighting amongst themselves and against the other races, and unite to truly restore Bael Turath to its former glory, and this time, without the decietful influence of the Nine Hells.

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-03-30, 12:24 AM
Okay, I've gotten some more advice on another forum:

Str 10, Con 14, Dex 13, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 18

If you notice, it's pretty similar to yours, but a touch of investment in his Reflex defense. Forget Heavy Blade Mastery; the MAD-ness is too great, and you use Implements half the time anyway. Alternatively, you can go for this one if you feel min-maxy (I like it a bit better):

Str 10, Con 13, Dex 10, Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 20

Ability Score Boosts:
4 - +1 Con, +1 Cha
8 - +1 Wis, +1 Cha
11 - +1 to all
14 - +1 Con, +1 Cha (+1 Dex, +1 Cha for the second array)
18 - +1 Wis, +1 Cha
21 - +1 to all (Demigod: +2 Con, +2 Cha)
24 - +1 Wis, +1 Cha
28 - +1 Wis, +1 Cha (+1 Dex, +1 Cha for the second array)

Final Ability Scores:
Str 12, Con 20, Dex 15, Int 12, Wis 20, Cha 28; or

Str 12, Con 18, Dex 14, Int 12, Wis 18, Cha 30

IMHO the second one is better (more primary stat is for the win), but your mileage may vary.

Here are the feats I'd take:

Feats:
4. Weapon Expertise (heavy blades)
6. Implement Expertise (holy symbols)
10. Toughness
11. Fiery Rebuke
14. Paragon Defenses
16. Astral Fire
18. Durable
20. Improved Initiative
21. Font of Radiance
21. Robust Defenses (replaces Paragon Defenses)
22. Epic Will
24. Epic Fortitude
26. Epic Reflexes
28. Blind-Fight
30. Triumphant Attack

Forget Flaming weapons and Hellfire Blood; you have no way of translating Implement attacks to Fire, it's easily resisted, the weapons are expensive, and Weapon Expertise means you're not aching in the accuracy department anymore. Go full-on Lightsaber man (Radiant Weapon + Sun Disk of Pelor) instead.

I like this, but I need to tweak it to comply with the DM's rules:

On The Expertise Feats

The expertise feats from PHB2 are very good. PC attack values don't scale up as quickly as monster defense values, so by epic tier your to-hit is about 10-15% lower than it was at level 1. The expertise feats correct this flaw, making it roughly equal.

However, they're also quite a bit more powerful than other feats. Few or no others give +1 to hit, much less the +2 or 3 they give. So, practically everyone would probably take them. This is one way of telling if something is overpowered, and I'm banning them on that grounds (see On To-Hit Bonuses houserule, though).

On To-Hit Bonuses

PC attack bonuses do not scale up as quickly as monster defenses, so by epic tier to-hit is about 10-15% below what it was at level 1. To correct this, all player characters gain an unnamed +2 bonus to all attack rolls at level 21. This bonus increases to +3 at level 25.

You'll note that this effectively means that all characters have the Weapon and Implement Expertise feats for all weapons and all implements. This is intentional.

On "Free" Enhancement Bonuses

All player characters get a +3 enhancement bonus to all attack and damage rolls and all defenses. This does not stack with enhancement bonuses from weapons, implements, armor, or neckpieces. This bonus increases to +4 at level 25 and +5 at level 30.

Since I can't take the Expertise feats, that opens up two Heroic level feats that I need to fill.

I'm not sure if the stat array was made with 26 point buy, so I don't know if the starting stats or the subsequent boosts need to be adjusted or not.

I'm also wondering how worth it the Sun Disk of Pelor is, considering my character's backstory.

The idea is that she was raised in the faith of Asmodeus by her evil parents, who had ambitions to restore Bael Turath. When they were killed by a team of adventurers, their paladin took her in and raised her. She took to the worship of her rescuer's god, and then became his squire. When her mentor was killed by tiefling cultists of Asmodeus with the same goal as her parents had, she came to the following realization:

Asmodeus didn't really care about the tiefling race, and his promises to help them restore Bael Turath were nothing but lies so he could steal their souls.

So she decided that if the tieflings were ever going to restore themselves to glory, they needed an alternative to Asmodeus's lies. They needed a new god. Her. At the starting point of the campaign, she's just obtained her divine spark with the Demigod ED, and is trying to claim an astral dominion to become a full-fledged goddess.

Now, Bahamut vs. Pelor:

Pelor's an old favorite of mine, and his place as a god of the sun synchs well with her tiefling connections to fire and her paladin connections with light. However, Pelor seems more reactive than proactive, preferring to heal the wounded and pick up the pieces, rather than actively oppose things like evil and tyranny (which she believes Asmodeus embodies.)

Bahamut, on the other hand, is a patron of the dragonborn and Arkhosia, enemies of Bael Turath, the empire she hopes to lead the tieflings in rebuilding. Furthermore, the color scheme doesn't mesh too well. Bahamut's colors are blue and silver, which don't look good on you when your skin is red. I like his Lawful Good alignment though, since he'd probably be more interested in opposing Asmodeus's designs and building empires.

Also, does anyone know how to fill out a Myth Weavers 4e character sheet? Filling out the character sheet has always been the hardest part of character building for me, and I usually have someone walk me through it IRL. I know, I'm lame. :smallfrown:

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-03-30, 09:24 AM
...So no one has any suggestions for modifying this new build?

Mando Knight
2009-03-30, 10:56 AM
I'm not sure if the stat array was made with 26 point buy, so I don't know if the starting stats or the subsequent boosts need to be adjusted or not.
It's not, it's a standard 22-point. You've got 4 points left, which you could use to improve your Dexterity and Strength a little... I prefer the first set he gave you, as it has a higher total bonus. With 26-point buy, you can boost that set to a base 12 Str/14 Con/14 Dex/10 Int/14 Wis/18 Cha, and if you follow his stat boost guide, at level 21 you'll have 14 Str/20 Con/16 Dex/12 Int/18 Wis/26 Cha, which gives you a small boost to your Reflex.

Now, Bahamut vs. Pelor:

Pelor's an old favorite of mine, and his place as a god of the sun synchs well with her tiefling connections to fire and her paladin connections with light. However, Pelor seems more reactive than proactive, preferring to heal the wounded and pick up the pieces, rather than actively oppose things like evil and tyranny (which she believes Asmodeus embodies.)
He does seem more reactive... but the power of the sun is in your hand. He's not all about vengeance and such, but he does need followers to wage his campaign against all that is evil...

Bahamut, on the other hand, is a patron of the dragonborn and Arkhosia, enemies of Bael Turath, the empire she hopes to lead the tieflings in rebuilding. Furthermore, the color scheme doesn't mesh too well. Bahamut's colors are blue and silver, which don't look good on you when your skin is red. I like his Lawful Good alignment though, since he'd probably be more interested in opposing Asmodeus's designs and building empires.
Bahamut's my favorite... and whenever I think that his color scheme doesn't fit, I just assume that the character's got a patron dragon who happens to be Adamantine or Iron (for black), Copper (for reddish colors), or Gold (for obvious color). Or just say that his color scheme is what he wants, and Bahamut's cool with that. :smalltongue:

Bahamut would probably be at least very amused that the Tiefling-Patron-Goddess-Wannabe worships and follows him, and probably would jump at the chance to have the descendant of an empire that scorned his people become the matron of her race whilst under his wing.

Also, does anyone know how to fill out a Myth Weavers 4e character sheet? Filling out the character sheet has always been the hardest part of character building for me, and I usually have someone walk me through it IRL. I know, I'm lame. :smallfrown:
You post your final decisions on stats, items, powers, and such, and I could upload a text block that you could turn into an XML file (Copy the text, paste to Notepad, then go to Save As, select "all files," and put a .xml suffix on the document's name) and then upload it to Myth-Weavers. It should then fill everything out correctly.

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-03-30, 05:35 PM
Would you be willing to do that? I'm almost finished with my selections.

Mando Knight
2009-03-30, 05:51 PM
Would you be willing to do that? I'm almost finished with my selections.

Sure. It's not really that hard, I could even document the process I use so you can do it yourself next time.

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-03-30, 06:27 PM
Another question, what equipment should I invest in? Here's what I know I need:

+4 Radiant Weapon (125,000 gp)

+4 Sun Disk of Pelor (85,000 gp)

Bracers of Mental Might (1,800 gp)

Ring of Tenacious Will (225,000 gp)

Standard Adventurer's Kit (15 gp)

I double checked, and I can have all of those at level 21, and I have 800,000 gp to spend, so that's no trouble.

However, the Equipment Secition of the Paladin's Handbook is still under reconstruction, so I have no idea what else to invest in. I need a suit of good magic plate armor. What kind of masterwork armor can it be? I can have a +4 bonus at level 21, I think. What should I have for my:

Feet Slot?

Hands Slot?

Head Slot?

Neck Slot?

Waist Slot?

What should my other ring be?

What wondrous items should I invest in?

Are there any potions I should have?

I still have 363,185 gp left to spend, so what should I buy?

Oracle_Hunter
2009-03-30, 07:39 PM
Don't you mean a Flaming Weapon, to get the extra +1 hit/damage from Hellfire Blood? :smallconfused:

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-03-30, 07:42 PM
As Lord Duskblade said:

Forget Flaming weapons and Hellfire Blood; you have no way of translating Implement attacks to Fire, it's easily resisted, the weapons are expensive, and Weapon Expertise means you're not aching in the accuracy department anymore. Go full-on Lightsaber man (Radiant Weapon + Sun Disk of Pelor) instead.

Oracle_Hunter
2009-03-30, 07:58 PM
As Lord Duskblade said:

Ah, missed that. Should post your revised Build in spoiler form - perhaps by re-editing the original post.

I'd give advice on the other gear, but I only have the PHB and I know there's much better stuff in AV. Must get AV soon...

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-03-30, 08:28 PM
New and improved build is in the original post now. Thanks for the suggestion, Oracle Hunter. :smallsmile:

Dhavaer
2009-03-30, 08:48 PM
Have you considered Erathis as a deity? Given tht the character's goal is to restore an empire, the goddess of civilisation would certainly be interested.

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-03-30, 08:58 PM
To be honest, I've never really liked Erathis. I've decided to go with Pelor, mainly for the holy symbol in AV.

I've also decided to take the Linguist feat twice to fill out my feats. None of the other remaining feats will provide any major benefits beyond what I already have, and I've always wanted to play a polyglot anyway. :smallbiggrin:

All that remains now is the rest of my equipment.

Oracle_Hunter
2009-03-30, 09:39 PM
Hrm. Well, I guess I'll give you some PHB-item suggestions as a backstop, since this build is due on Friday.

Hands: Gauntlets of Destruction (85K) are always a safe investment.

Neck: Amulet of Protection +4 (45K) is the budget option, with Amulet of Health +4 (85K) being an upgrade (Resist 10 Poison is always nice). Cloak of Resistance +4 (65K) gives you Resist 10 All until the start of your next turn - handy for Defenders. Stormwalker Cloak (105K for +4, 25K for +3) gives Resist 10 Thunder/Lightning and has a neat Daily power if you plan to get hit a lot.

Head: Crown of Command (65K) is good if you want to really order people around. The Helm of Ghostly Defense (325K) is expensive, but turning insubstantial is a really rude thing for Paladins to do :smalltongue:

Ring: Ring of True Seeing (105K) lets you see invisible opponents, but the Ring of Protection (65K) gives you an Immediate Interrupt to add +2 to a targeted defense. The Iron Ring of the Dwarven Lords is definitely the budget option (21K) which mainly gives you an extra healing surge, but it can also make it harder for you to be shoved around.

Belt: Ironskin Belt is a good substitute for a Cloak of Resistance (25K), while the Belt of Sacrifice has obvious synergies with Paladins (2.6K - getting an extra +1 on your Surge Value just doesn't seem that important).

Feet: Battlestrider Greaves (13K) gets your speed back up to 6, but you may prefer Winged Boots (17K) for 0 Fall Damage and the chance to get Fly 5 1/Day.

Misc: If your DM cares about weight, you can't beat the Handy Haversack (5K). The Revenant Ankh is a Daily "Get Out of Death Free" card for your party, but pricey (125K). Dust of Appearance is an Encounter-version of the Ring of True Seeing and much cheaper (17K), though it does require a free hand.

Hopefully that'll give you something work off of :smallsmile:

Oh! And what is your LV 21 power selection? I didn't see you indicate which Encounter/Daily slots you'd be swapping for what.

Shadow_Elf
2009-03-30, 09:48 PM
It occurred to me that you have Robust Defences and the three "Epic" defence feats. The two do not stack, unfortunately. Might I suggest you fill "Robust Defences"'s slot with Multiclass Avenger? It would work with the fluff well enough, your character seems zealously dedicated to her cause, and it will also help you land your ever-important daily powers.

Mando Knight
2009-03-30, 09:57 PM
Ah, yes. Lightsabering: Both fun and effective. Interesting that 3.5's Sunblade is a weapon that weighs as much as a short sword, but 4E's Sunblade says "A heavy golden blade."

If you were a Str Paladin rather than a Cha one, I'd've (yes, I actually speak that way... (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RealisticDictionIsUnrealistic)) suggested that you use a Sunblade rather than a Radiant weapon because it's cheaper and functions as an infinite use sunrod, and has a Strength-based daily power...

As for armor: Pick a power you like, like for example Solar Armor (AV 53, has an immediate interrupt that lets you heal when you take Radiant damage), choose the highest bonus that you can afford for it, and find the Masterwork armor of that type for that enhancement bonus. You can, for example, have +4 Solar Warplate (or Specter Plate (AV 7) for Resist 2 all), which grants a +11 armor bonus and a +4 enhancement bonus to AC, for a total of +15. You can also afford a single level 22 armor, which would give you +5 Legion (AV 7) Plate for even more AC...

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-03-30, 10:04 PM
Okay, here's a new and improved build. Shadow Elf, I already took your suggestion of Avenger into consideration, replacing one of the Expertise feats with it:

Starting Ability Scores:

Trained Skills:

Languages Known: Abyssal, Common, Deep Speech, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Primordial, Supernal.

Ability Score Boosts:
4 - +1 Wis, +1 Cha
8 - +1 Wis, +1 Cha
11 - +1 to all
14 - +1 Wis, +1 Cha
18 - +1 Wis, +1 Cha
24 - +1 Wis, +1 Cha
28 - +1 Wis, +1 Cha

Final Ability Scores:

Feats:
6. Linguist
10. Toughness
11. Fiery Rebuke
14. Paragon Defenses
16. Linguist
18. Durable
20. Improved Initiative
21. Font of Radiance
22. Epic Will
24. Epic Fortitude
26. Epic Reflexes
28. Blind-Fight
30. Triumphant Attack

Powers:

Equipment:

Wondrous Items: Handy Haversack, Everlasting Provisions, Floating Lantern, Hunter's Flint, Restful Bedroll, Battle Standard of Might

Other Equipment: Standard Adventurer's Kit, Heavy Shield, Silk Rope (50 ft.), Tent

Ability boosts, powers and feats in the areas marked by dotted lines are ones that my character cannot take yet, since she is starting at level 21.

I have also placed it up in the original post for convenience. What do you think? Good to go?

Mando Knight
2009-03-30, 10:19 PM
Okay, here's a new and improved build. Shadow Elf, I already took your suggestion of Avenger into consideration, replacing one of the Expertise feats with it:

Starting Ability Scores:

Trained Skills:

Ability Score Boosts:
4 - +1 Wis, +1 Cha
8 - +1 Wis, +1 Cha
11 - +1 to all
14 - +1 Wis, +1 Cha
18 - +1 Wis, +1 Cha
24 - +1 Wis, +1 Cha
28 - +1 Wis, +1 Cha

Final Ability Scores:

Feats:
6. Linguist
10. Toughness
11. Fiery Rebuke
14. Paragon Defenses
16. Linguist
18. Durable
20. Improved Initiative
21. Font of Radiance
22. Epic Will
24. Epic Fortitude
26. Epic Reflexes
28. Blind-Fight
30. Triumphant Attack

Powers:

Equipment:

I have also placed it up in the original post for convenience. What do you think? Good to go?

Almost. I don't have the PHB 2 or DDI, so I can't fill in any applicable effects from the Turathi Highborn or Avenger Multiclass...

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-03-30, 11:02 PM
Coming right up! Both are from PHB 2.

Turathi Highborn
"The error of my ancestors was in dealing with evil powers they couldn't control."

Prerequisite: Tiefling

The sins of Bael Turath lie exposed in the sinister appearance of its tiefling descendants. Each pair of horns, every sinewy tail, and every set of glowing red eyes reminds the world of the perils of dealing with devils and the evils that result from such fell bargains. Many tieflings rise above the darkness clouding their souls, but a few find it far harder to divorce themselves from their sinister heritage, largely because of their familial connections to those first tieflings who forget pacts with Asmodeus and other archdevils of the Nine Hells.

As a Turathi highborn, you bear a heavier burden than your kin, for it was your ancestors who damned the tiefling race. For better or worse, you retain a stronger connection to the Nine Hells than most of your race. You loose bursts of hellfire on our enemies when enraged, and infernal power undergirds your other talents. Drawing on the lore of Bael Turath's ancient nobility, you can unhinge the minds of your foes and make them your slaves--even as you engulf them in hellfire.

Turathi Highborn Path Features:

Turathi Frenzy (11th level): You gain a bonus to damage rolls against bloodied enemies equal to 1 + your Charisma modifier.

Hellfire Action (11th level): When you spend an action point to make an attack, that attack deals 2d6 extra fire damage on a hit.

Kneel before the Turathi (16th level): When you hit with an attack benefiting from your infernal wrath racial power, you also knock the target prone.

Turathi Highborn Powers:

Bolts of Bedevilment, Turathi Highborn Attack 11

Twin bolts of black fire leap from your hands to swirl about your enemy, tricking the foe into attacking one of its allies.

Encounter * Charm, Fire

Standard Action, Ranged 10

Target: One creature

Attack: Charisma, Constitution or Intelligence + 4 vs. Will. Level 21: Charisma, Constitution or Intelligence + 6 vs. Will.

Hit: The target makes a basic attack against a creature of your choice as a free action. The target gains a +2 power bonus to the attack roll, and on a hit, its attack deals 2d6 extra fire damage.

Special: When you gain this power, choose Charisma, Constitution or Intelligence as the ability you use when making attack rolls with this power.
Infernal Nova, Turathi Highborn Utility 12

You are wreathed in red and black flames that erupt to sear your foes when your are hit in melee.

Daily * Fire, Stance

Minor Action, Personal

Effect: Until the stance ends, whenever you take damage from a melee attack, each enemy adjacent to you takes 5 fire damage.
Thrall of Turath, Turathi Highborn Attack 20

You wrap your foe's mind with hellfire, burning the enemy even as it follows your commands.

Daily * Charm, Fire

Target: One creature

Attack: Charisma, Constitution or Intelligence + 6 vs. Will.

Hit: 2d6 + Constitution modifier fire damage, and the target is dominated and takes ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends both).

Miss: Half damage, and the target makes a basic attack against a creature of your choice as a free action.

Special: When you gain this power, choose Charisma, Constitution or Intelligence as the ability you use when making attack rolls with this power.

Disciple of Divine Wrath
[Multiclass Avenger]

Prerequisites: Wis 13

Benefit: You gain training in Religion.

Once per encounter, you can use the avenger's oath of enmity power. The effect lasts until the end of your next turn.

In addition, you can wield avenger implements.

Oath of Enmity, Avenger Feature

You focus your wrath on a single foe, giving your attacks against it extraordinary accuracy.

Encounter (Special) * Divine

Minor Action, Close burst 10

Target: One enemy you can see in burst

Effect: When you make a melee attack against the target and the target is the only enemy adjacent to you, you make two attack rolls and use either result. This effect lasts until the end of the encounter or until the target drops to 0 hit points, at which you regain the use of this power.

If another effect lets you roll twice and use the higher result when making an attack roll, this power has no effect on that attack. If an effect forces you to roll twice and use the lower result when making an attack roll, the power has no effect on that attack either.

If an effect lets you reroll and attack roll and you rolled twice because of this power, you reroll both dice.

NPCMook
2009-03-30, 11:06 PM
Almost. I don't have the PHB 2 or DDI, so I can't fill in any applicable effects from the Turathi Highborn or Avenger Multiclass...

Turathi Highborn: +2d6 Fire damage when you spend an Action point, Bonus 1+Cha Mod damage against Bloodied foes, When you hit a with an attack benefiting from your infernal wrath, you also knock the target prone.

Avenger Multiclass: Can use Oath of Enmity 1/Encounter, and it lasts for 1 turn, Gain Training in Religion, and can wield Avenger Implements.

Edit: Ninja'd in a much cleaner fashion

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-03-30, 11:24 PM
And MandoKnight? Thank you for doing this for me. :smallsmile: