PDA

View Full Version : Class list for a homebrew

Umbral_Arcanist
2006-08-23, 02:12 PM
I'm making a homebrew setting where the gods do not interfere, so i've needed to tweak the classess available a bit and i decided to revamp it quite a bit, so here's my list so far, i think it's large enough but i'm not sure how well it'd work

Barbarian, fighter, artificer, druid, sidhe scholar (druid varient from Dragon), truenamer (with a houseruled bonus on truespeak checks equal to 1/2 level), scout, ranger, binder, shadow caster, rogue, wizard, psion and knight (actually a samurai class, don't know which, maybe one from the boards or the OA one)

What do people think? does it need some additions in terms of character types?

Lord Iames Osari
2006-08-23, 02:54 PM
That looks like it about covers it.

Fax Celestis
2006-08-23, 03:58 PM
No Sorceror?

Umbral_Arcanist
2006-08-23, 04:08 PM
Psion is similar enough, and mechanically better, plus i like the differences in abilties of those who learn book magic and those who can do "mental magic"

ghost_warlock
2006-08-23, 04:20 PM
Int will be a very important ability in this game. The shadow caster is the only class that relies heavily on Cha.

Umbral_Arcanist
2006-08-25, 11:32 AM
Int will be a very important ability in this game. The shadow caster is the only class that relies heavily on Cha.

Is that bad? or just an observation?

Anyway my players subscribe to CHA=comeliness so they won't dump it too much ;)

Hario
2006-08-25, 04:28 PM
I personally see charisma on the the best flavorwise stats to put magic in, I'm more upset that there are no bards in it... :'(

Umbral_Arcanist
2006-08-28, 02:21 PM
I felt kinda bad cutting them, but I needed to cut another class and bard was the class i figured would see the least play with my group