PDA

View Full Version : [Class] Fighter Path Variant

Ashes
2006-08-28, 12:43 PM
Yeah, I recently rummaged thorugh my computer and found this. This was made prior to the PHBII's release and was made to keep fighters playable and to provide alternatives to the CWar Shwashbuckler and the Monk, neither of which I like very much.

Fighter Path Variant

Level BABFort Ref Will Special:
1 +1Varies Varies +0 Path Ability I
2 +2 - - +0 Bonus Feat
3 +3 - - +1
4 +4 - - +1 Path Ability II
5 +5 - - +1
6 +6 - - +2 Bonus Feat
7 +7 - - +2
8 +8 - - +2 Path Ability III
9 +9 - - +3
10 +10 - - +3 Bonus Feat
11 +11 - - +3
12 +12 - - +4 Path Ability IV
13 +13 - - +4
14 +14 - - +4 Bonus Feat
15 +15 - - +5
16 +16 - - +5 Path Ability V
17 +17 - - +5
18 +18 - - +6 Bonus Feat
19 +19 - - +6
20 +20 - - +6 Path Ability VI

Paths:

Swashbuckler:
Hit die: d8
Class skills: Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge [Local] (Int), Knowledge [Nobility and Royalty] (Int), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Tumble (Dex), Use Rope (Dex).
Skills per level: 6+Int modifier.
Saves: Good Ref, poor Fort

Class Features:
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A Swashbuckler is proficient with all simple weapons and with the short sword, rapier, longsword, and scimitar. He is proficient with all light armors and with bucklers.

Path Ability I: A 1st-level Swashbuckler adds his Intelligence modifier (if positive) to AC as a competence bonus, when wearing light or no armor. He also gains Combat Expertise as a bonus feat.

Path Ability II: When wearing light or no armor the 4th-level Swashbuckler can add his Intelligence modifier (if positive) instead of his Strength modifier to damage rolls. This damage only applies to creatures normally vulnerable to critical hits and precision based damage.

Path Ability III: At 8th level the Swashbuckler becomes able to Tumble at his full speed, without penalty.

Path Ability IV: At 12th level the Swashbuckler becomes able to take 10 on Tumble and Jump checks even when rushed or threatened.

Path Ability V: At 16th level, whenever the Swashbuckler hits the same target with at least two attacks in the same round he can make a free disarm or trip attempt at his choice. This only applies when the Swashbuckler is wearing light or no armor and carrying no more than a light load.

Path Ability VI: The 20th level Swashbuckler is so skilled in the art of fencing that whenever he uses the Combat Expertise feat and is wearing light or no armour and carrying no more than a light load, he adds 2 points to his AC for every point he goes down on his attack rolls.

Brawler:
Hit die: d12
Class skills: Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Profession (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str).
Skills per level: 2+Int modifier.
Saves: Good Fort, poor Ref.

Class Features:
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A Brawler is proficient with all simple weapons and with light and medium armors, but not with shields.

Path Ability I: Starting at first level, the Brawler may add his Constitution modifier in addition to his Strength on Grapple checks, and is treated as Large for the purposes of Grapple checks. In addition he receives either the Improved Unarmed Strike feat or the Improved Natural Attack feat.

Path Ability II: At 4th level, the Brawler instinctively knows where his strikes will hurt the most. His unarmed strike’s critical threat range increases is doubled (i.e. from 20 to 19-20, etc)

Path Ability III: the 8th level Brawler learns to focus his entire bulk into his punches. He adds 1˝ times his Strength bonus to his primary attack, and his full modifier to off-hand attacks if applicable.

Path Ability IV: The 12th level Brawler gains the Improved Grab ability. To use it he must hit a creature of his size or smaller with his unarmed strike. He can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity.

Path Ability V: At level 16, the Brawler becomes able to make a full attack following a charge, if he uses his unarmed strikes.

Path Ability VI: The 20th level Brawler gains the ability to kill his opponents while in a grapple. If the brawler is unarmed and rolls 5 or higher than the check of his opponent, the opponent must make a Fortitude save vs. the check result of the brawler or be reduced to –10 hit points. The opponent must be of large size or smaller for this to have any effect.