PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Isn't there a feat which can give kobolds a breath weapon?

Kobold_Love
2009-03-30, 04:51 PM
I was certain there was a feat in one of three dragon books that allowed either creatures with the dragonblood subtype, or more specifically kobolds to have a breath weapon.

Was I mistaken? Or is that feat in another book?

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be grateful.

Swooper
2009-03-30, 07:38 PM
The only such feat I know of is Draconic Breath from RotD, a draconic heritage feat for sorcerers.

RTGoodman
2009-03-30, 09:01 PM
I don't have it anymore to check, but my bet would be Races of the Dragon if such a feat exists. It'd make sense, what with all the Dragonwrought stuff, Dragon Wings feat, and such.

EDIT: Dang, ninja'd by a LONG time. Guess that'll teach me not to walk away after hitting "post" and hope the thing goes through...

Darrin
2009-03-30, 10:40 PM
I was certain there was a feat in one of three dragon books that allowed either creatures with the dragonblood subtype, or more specifically kobolds to have a breath weapon.

Was I mistaken? Or is that feat in another book?

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be grateful.

Other than Draconic Heritage/Breath (only works for Kobold sorcerers), there's also the Dragonborn of Bahumat "Rite of Bebirth" for only 100 GP (Races of the Dragon, p. 8).

A dip into Dragonfire Adept would also give you a breath weapon, as would a wide variety of other PrCs.

Fizban
2009-03-31, 06:52 AM
Nothing specifically for kobolds. If you do the ritual to become a Dragonborn you can get one, or you can take the Dragon Shaman or Dragon Adept base classes, or you can be a sorcerer Draconic Heritage+Draconic Breath. There's also a Dragonbreath spell, the most current version giving you your choice of breath weapon for 1 round/level, with options for damage and disable.

If you're already a half dragon, you can take the Dragon Breath feat to get around the daily limit on your natural breath weapon, but you still won't have scaling damage or DC. And of course there are plenty of PrCs that give you breath weapons, some with per X rounds, some per day, some by spending power points or turning attempts. The Dragonheart Mage increases the breath weapon from Draconic Breath weapon, but since you lose 2 levels of casting it's not worth it.

BlueWizard
2009-03-31, 07:14 AM
Boo any relation that kobolds have to dragons... unless it was a sorcerer kobold, then....

Person_Man
2009-03-31, 08:43 AM
There's also a graft in Races of Dragon that gives you a breath weapon.

newbDM
2009-03-31, 12:20 PM
And of course there are plenty of PrCs that give you breath weapons, some with per X rounds, some per day, some by spending power points or turning attempts. The Dragonheart Mage increases the breath weapon from Draconic Breath weapon, but since you lose 2 levels of casting it's not worth it.

Wait, wut? A psionic PrC that deals with this? Can you please tell me where I can find said PrC? Dragon + Psionic + PrC has me drooling a bit.

Crazy Scot
2009-03-31, 12:30 PM
IIRC, the PrC that Fizban was mentioning is called "Diamond Dragon", and is found in the book Dragon Magic.

Darrin
2009-03-31, 01:21 PM
Oh, and I forgot about Soulmelds. There are several soulmelds that give you a breath weapon. However, I think all of them need to be bound to your throat chakra, which isn't available until at least Incarnate 14, or ECL 18 for Open Greater Chakra.

Behir Gorget (line of lightning)
Ankheg Breastplate (line of acid)
Gorgon Mask (cloud of petrifying gas)
Winter Mask (cone of cold)
Dragonfire Mask (cone of fire)