PDA

View Full Version : Dungeoncrashing the floor?

The Glyphstone
2009-03-30, 11:15 PM
Can a Fighter with the Dungeoncrasher ACF who's flying and above an opponent Bull Rush them "down' into the ground and get his Dungeoncrasher bonus damage? It seems a bit dodgy rules-wise, but technically legal.

tyckspoon
2009-03-30, 11:29 PM
Yes. This is one of the more reliable ways to activate the Dungeoncrasher damage.

Person_Man
2009-03-31, 08:17 AM
tyckspoon is correct. You can also use a normal wall, a summoned wall, an animated object, or dead bodies (which also count as objects).

Dungeoncrasher has several different potent combos (www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5897646) you may wish to consider. But keep in mind that any massive damage combo is potentially game breaking. If you deal your normal weapon damage + 8d6 + 3*Str damage on each attack, you can pretty much kill anything. If you can kill anything, then your DM has to create ridiculously strong enemies to fight you. So unless everyone in your party is ridiculously strong, then they'll be unable to have a meaningful impact on combat. So if you want to use it, you're better off using it only some of the time, and not every attack of every combat.

The Glyphstone
2009-03-31, 09:07 AM
:smallbiggrin:We're talking 18th-level Gestalt here, high powered friends and enemies are not in short supply.:smallbiggrin: My totemist just bit the dust, and I'm looking to create someone that's not so heavily dependent on crits from Blood In The Water (its an undead-heavy game) and dodgy rules interpretations (Rapidstrike is worthless by RAW, but there was a houseruled alteration that let it apply to all my natural weapons instead of one).