PDA

View Full Version : World of Darkness: The Seven - PG Content Warning (Game on!)

Pages : [1] 2 3

banjo1985
2009-03-31, 05:04 AM
World of Darkness - The Seven

Narrators - Banjo, Wolfbane

Baleford Elementary – Tuesday 13th April 1998 2:15pm

It was a warm day in Baleford, and a good one, a day that proved beyond doubt that spring had finally won its annual war with winter. The playgrounds were empty and silent now, all the kids were back in their classrooms for another hour of forced education. Kind of like jail, Dave Ullman thought as he crossed from the sheds towards the main school building. The gods knew they were spoilt enough brats to need to do time, some of them.

“They’ll see soon enough.”

Ullman pushed through the double doors and into the main corridor. It stank of school dinners and armpits that wouldn’t learn about deodorant for another few years. That was okay though, they’d learn soon enough, everyone would learn. He chuckled under his breath and passed the big metal fire door that led down to his janitor’s haven down in the schools basement. Unusually, it opened outwards, with the hinges on the inside. He’d replaced the door over the weekend; the old one had been wooden and weak, on the edge of rotting. That wouldn’t have done at all. As he walked past Ullman stretched out a calloused hand to stroke the cold metal, caressing it like it was his own flesh and blood. It would be useful later on.

Ullman whistled tunelessly as his made his way towards the junior classrooms, a slight smile playing across his weathered face. No-one would guess that Dave Ullman was hopelessly insane, his evil fractured mind hidden behind a thin veneer of reason and clarity. It had all come falling down at once, not a gradual degeneration like the books and movies always said. Three weeks ago he was a well adjusted former family man on anti-depressants to get through messy divorce proceedings. Now what was behind Dave Ullman’s smiling face and dead eyes could barely be considered human. His estranged wife was lying face down in a pool of her own blood at her moms house, the old hag was slumped in the bath. Ullman had beaten them both to death with and wrought iron candlestick holder before coming to work.

The second grade classroom was at the far end of the juniors corridor. Ullman knew Miss Bennett was away from the classroom, he’d worked at the school for fifteen years. At 2.15 she always went outside for a five minute cigarette break, she’d be out the fire exit door now, puffing on a Marlboro. It wasn’t much time, but he thought it would be enough.

As he walked in several of the kids looked up, but none were alarmed, Ullman was a fixture around the school, many of them had probably spoken to him at one time or another, they had no reason to fear him.

“Hi kids, I’ve got some bad news.” His voice was calm, trustworthy, completely level,” There’s a gas leak just outside this classroom, and I need to fix it before anyone starts to feel bad.” Ullman smiled and put up a placating hand as a few of the younger kids started to panic. They were only six after all. “Now, now, don’t panic, everything’s fine, but we need to move the class down into my janitor’s office for a little while. Miss Bennett knows all about it, I’ll stay with you down there until she gets back. Then I’ll get rid of this nasty stuff outside.”

The kids started picking up there books and pencils, chattering to each other in excited voices. Ullman grinned. Kids were so gullible.

He led the class down the corridor, past other classes full of children. Later they would count themselves lucky to have a teacher that didn’t smoke. He pushed open the heavy fire door to the schools basement and smiled encouragingly. The kids either ignored or didn’t notice his twitching left eye.

“Okay kids, down into my office please. Sorry about the mess. Just sit down cross-legged on the floor, I’ll be down once you're all safe inside.”

The little six year olds filed past him, singing and babbling in little groups. It was like an adventure for them. Once the last few stragglers were through Ullman moved onto the top step and took a final look at the school, knowing he would never see it again. It was a liberating thought. Ullman smiled and closed the door behind him, locking it and dropping the heavy steel bar that served to secure it.

Less than a minute later the screams started.

Survivors (Villager) Rules and Roles
Beezer, Dent, Razor & Mosh (Masons) – Also known as The Overlords, these three young men and one woman make up Baleford’s local biker gang. Only Mosh actually went down to the basement, but all of them were affected by the sick event that ended their innocence. The tragedy they were so closely linked to has kept them together for life, a close-knit family that trust only each other.
The Overlords begin the game knowing each other. They must hunt down the Seven and deal with the restless spirits before Baleford becomes a literal ghost town. Scry as Masons.

Marie Bennett (Seer) – No-one knew The Seven in life better than Marie Bennett. Ullman chose her class for his atrocity, and Marie has never forgiven herself for not being there to stop it. Now a freelance artist doing small-time pieces for small-time clients, she feels The Seven’s restless presence every second of the day. It’ll eventually drive her mad, but there is no-one better equipped for finding the spirits.
Marie can scry one player per night phase and identify their role. Scries as the Seer/Fool.

Baydon Prince (Baner) – The mass murder of half of his school friends affected seven year old Baydon in a profound way. He clung on to his religious upbringing to try and find a reason for the tragedy and to keep himself sane, succeeding through determination and ironclad faith in his beliefs. A year ago he became Baleford’s youngest ever Sunday School teacher. Now he must provide protection for his former classmates while The Seven hunt them down.
Baydon can protect one player per night phase from attack by the Seven. Scries as the Baner.

Danny Wedrenski (Fool) – Danny escaped the atrocity that so badly affected his class, he’d faked the flu and was at home watching Power Rangers on TV. He’s never forgiven himself for it, and neither have a lot of his classmates that survived the event, despite his best efforts for atonement. He thinks he knows his former friends, but he’s dangerously wrong, the tragedy that hit them so badly has separated him from them forever.
Danny scries once per night phase like Marie, but the results he receives will be random. He will always scry Marie as the Fool, and vice versa. Scries as the Seer/Fool.

Carmen and Alex Rothen (Disruptors) – Carmen and Alex are identical twins that survived the tragedy that killed the Seven. They were once identical triplets, but Jack didn’t make it out of Ullman’s basement, his brother and sister had to watch him die. Now Jack’s back, and along with the rest of the spirits he’s hunting the survivors of the tragedy that killed him, including his dear brother and sister. Still, having a twin on the spirits side has its advantages…
Carmen and Alex begin the game blind. Once per night phase they can each target a player to be disrupted for that night. This action will only have an affect if the target is one of The Seven, at which point it interferes with their powers for that night phase. The effect can vary; if the target has joined with other spirits then it may lose them their combined scry action, or if they’re on their own it may negate their kill vote for that phase.
If Carmen and Alex ever target the same player with their ability that player is killed, regardless of whether they are one of The Seven or not. Should they ever target one another, they will be put in contact.

Survivors (Villagers) – Former pupils of Baleford Junior High, you live with that horrible bugbear buried deep in your past and think about it every day, the friends you lost, the kids you never even got to know…the blood…all that blood….Now The Seven are back, and they’re after your pain and your souls. You’d thought you’d left all this behind, but it just keeps coming back…
Survivors point during the day to try and put The Seven to rest before nightfall. Scries as a Survivor.
Neutral Rules and Roles
Longing (Hoarder) – The Seven weren’t the only spirits to escape into Baleford from the derelict school site. The thing that knows itself only as Longing is nothing more than a weak greed spirit that craves attention and trinkets in equal measure.
At the beginning of the game a set number of players will be given a small button. Each night phase, Longing can pick a target and take any button they might have. Each button has a set ability that will be granted to Longing to use immediately, but any ability that Longing uses will make his identity known to the target. All Longing wants is some attention after all. Scries as a Survivor.
The Seven (Wolves) Rules and Roles
The Seven are restless pain spirits created by the tragedy Ullman perpetrated at Baleford Grammar School, and the subsequent mourning of the families caught up in events. Awakened by the blood sacrifice of the narrators at the school, they have now spread into the town and separated. They do nothing but follow two simple impulses now; to join back together, and to feed on the pain of others, even if they have to cause it...especially if they have to cause it. If they cause enough pain and death in town, Baleford will become a Scar, a dead soulless place where spirits can flow into the real world and do whatever they please...not a nice place to be.

The Seven (Wolves) – The Seven begin the game blind. Each night they send in a kill target to the narrators, and the target with the most votes is killed. One of The Seven will be designated the nominal alpha, their vote will decide the kill in the case of a tie. When one of The Seven targets another with a kill vote, the two are put into contact and their kill votes are joined together from then on.

As The Seven begin to discover each other they manifest new powers to help them find their former classmates. As they find each other through kill votes, the powers The Seven have access to become more numerous. The powers at the disposal of the group depend on the amount of spirits in the group:

1 – Nothing
2 – 50% Scry*
3 – 100% Scry*
4 – Day Bane (Target designated the night before)
5 – Void
6 – 50% 2nd Kill
7 – 100% 2nd Kill

*Scry actions will also serve to join The Seven together.

Win Conditions
The Seven win by reducing the number of remaining townies to equal their own. Neutral roles do not count towards this calculation.
Longing wins by survival, as long as he has attracted five targets attention to it with its abilities.
The Survivors win by eliminating every spirit of The Seven.
Additional Rules
Helgraf’s Scry Interference will be in play.
Day Phases will last 48 hours, Nights 24. Sometimes phases will inevitably run over, so I apologise in advance.
Autolynches will occur after two consecutive days of inactivity. Voting for yourself, the narrators or someone who isn’t playing will count as inactivity.
25% votes are needed for a lynch.

Night 12 is now underway and will last until Monday

Players 9/34

Aemoh - Lynched Day 9 - Survivor
Billtodamax - Lynched Day 8 - The Seven
Darkcomet
DD the Cookiemonster - Auto'd Day 10 - Survivor
Deathslayer7 - Killed Night 8 - Survivor
Dirk Kris
Dragoon - Killed Night 10 - Mosh
Eaglewiz
Fin - Auto'd Day 6 - The Seven
Fleeing Coward - Killed Night 3 - Fool
Hap Hazard
Happyturtle - Killed Night 9 - Dent
Haruki-kun - Killed Night 11 - Beezer
Hyozo - Auto'd Day 11 - Survivor
JontomXire - Lynched Day 5 - The Seven
Lamech - Lynched Day 6 - Survivor
Lex-Kat - Lynched Day 10 - Survivor
Mechafox - Lynched Day 7 - The Seven
Mooncalled - Auto'd Day 4 - Survivor
Mordokai - Lynched Day 4 - Mosh
Mrs Banjo
Murska
Mustiado
Night Surgeon - Lynched Day 1 - Survivor
Onasuma - Killed Night 7 - Survivor
Pondshadow
Recaiden - Lynched Day 2 - Survivor
Reinholdt - Killed Night 1 - Longing
Selrahc
Shadowcaller - Killed Night 4 - Survivor
Thanatos5150 - Lynched Day 12 - The Seven
Tichrondrius - Auto'd Day 2 - Survivor
Trixie - Killed Night 6 - Seer
Zar Peter - Lynched Day 11 - The Seven

Shadowcaller
2009-04-02, 05:26 AM
Signing up.

billtodamax
2009-04-02, 05:35 AM
In like Shadowcaller

Fan
2009-04-02, 05:38 AM
In as a Orphan mage with focus in the forces, and mind spheres.

hap_hazard
2009-04-02, 06:21 AM
In! -filler-

Fleeing Coward
2009-04-02, 07:00 AM
Count me in

Murska
2009-04-02, 10:40 AM
I'm in, as usual. Let's see how I'll do in this Banjo-game. :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2009-04-02, 11:07 AM
In with explosive runes

Zar Peter
2009-04-02, 12:28 PM
I'm also very in.

Reinholdt
2009-04-02, 12:38 PM
In with Fin's hat.

Mustiado
2009-04-02, 02:02 PM
I love Banjo games. In.

Selrahc
2009-04-02, 02:20 PM
I shall join up.

Fin
2009-04-02, 03:10 PM
In, with Cake!

banjo1985
2009-04-02, 04:25 PM
Woot, we are go! :elan:

If you have any questions or thoughts about the rules please let me know. I'll answer when I get back here on the 6th April.

*flexes rusty narrators fingers*

Mrs Banjo
2009-04-02, 04:41 PM
Me please :biggrin:

Deathslayer7
2009-04-02, 05:01 PM
a Mrs. Banjo. :smalleek::smallconfused::smallamused:

In.

Recaiden
2009-04-02, 05:15 PM
I'd definitely like to join.

Aemoh
2009-04-02, 06:37 PM
In, so very, very, IN.

Jontom Xire
2009-04-03, 02:43 AM
Awesome. I love the backstory and the depth to it. I love the rules, so narrative, and fun, yet so interesting, yet so balanced.

I am so in, but I have one question. The abilities that the seven gain as they form a larger group, they can only use one a night or they can use all the ones they have gained so far at once?

Also, suppose all seven find each other and then one gets laid to rest, can they still use the seventh power? Otherwise as the end game approaches and they most need all their powers, they will actually be getting weaker and weaker as they lose members to lynchings.

Mordokai
2009-04-03, 06:20 PM
You know I'm in, so might as well make it official.

Darkcomet
2009-04-03, 06:42 PM
In with shinies. *hides shinies*

EagleWiz
2009-04-03, 07:01 PM
Ooh sounds fun. In!

happyturtle
2009-04-03, 08:25 PM
In with shinies. *hides shinies*

"Oy! You better not have taken those shinies from the props closet!"

*returns to styling the wig the Diva wears in Act 2 scene 4*

*is apparently roleplaying my Phantom role in the wrong game* :smallredface:

pondshadow
2009-04-04, 07:02 AM
I think I'll be in

Darkcomet
2009-04-04, 03:52 PM
No longer in.

UncleWolf
2009-04-04, 03:59 PM
Okay, here is the updated list:

Shadowcaller
Billtodamax
FF Fanboy
Hap Hazard
Fleeing Coward
Murska
Happyturtle
Zar Peter
Reinholdt
Mustiado
Selrahc
Fin
Mrs Banjo
deathslayer7
Recaiden
Aemoh
Jontom Xire
Mordokai
Eaglewiz
Pondshadow

20/35

DC, I am sorry to hear that, but thanks for telling me.

Mr. Moon
2009-04-04, 04:35 PM
*waves and raids the fridge*

Fawkes
2009-04-04, 05:41 PM
In with a fancy hat.

Darkcomet
2009-04-04, 08:59 PM
Cancel that last order, because I AM BACK.

With shinies.

UncleWolf
2009-04-04, 09:21 PM
Shadowcaller
Billtodamax
FF Fanboy
Hap Hazard
Fleeing Coward
Murska
Happyturtle
Zar Peter
Reinholdt
Mustiado
Selrahc
Fin
Mrs Banjo
deathslayer7
Recaiden
Aemoh
Jontom Xire
Mordokai
Eaglewiz
Pondshadow
Moon_Called
Mechafox
DarkComet

23/35

Good to have you back DC. :smallsmile:

Mordokai
2009-04-06, 03:05 PM
*shameless bump*

We need dozen more people, people! In the very least...

banjo1985
2009-04-06, 05:07 PM
I have returned! Thanks for the player list Wolfy, I'll update the first post when I'm not quite so exhausted. :smalleek:

Posted by JX

The abilities that the seven gain as they form a larger group, they can only use one a night or they can use all the ones they have gained so far at once?

Also, suppose all seven find each other and then one gets laid to rest, can they still use the seventh power? Otherwise as the end game approaches and they most need all their powers, they will actually be getting weaker and weaker as they lose members to lynchings.

The groups pf spirits that get together can use all the abilities that they gatehr by joining forces, though the second kill and scry actions are upgrades rather than extra abilities. So a group of four spirits have a 100% accurate scry and a Day Bane.

If The Seven were to all find each other, if one was exorcised the survivors would lose the ability that came with becoming whole. As teh game draws to a close the Seven may have to rely on subterfuge and strategy rather than abiluties as their powers dwindle.

I'm happy with recruitment so far, but there's plenty of room for more. Tell your friends! At the moment I'll have to rename this to World of Darkness: The Five :smalltongue:

Trixie
2009-04-06, 06:44 PM
I'm happy with recruitment so far, but there's plenty of room for more. Tell your friends! At the moment I'll have to rename this to World of Darkness: The Five :smalltongue:

Ya don't tell me :smallamused:

You might want to look what I did in such a situation.

Mrs Banjo
2009-04-08, 02:28 PM
a Mrs. Banjo. :smalleek::smallconfused::smallamused:

In.

yes im banjo's fiancee, but i dont get any extra help :smallfrown:

banjo1985
2009-04-09, 10:59 AM
Some more backstory for you folks. Maybe it'll even gather a couple more players. :smallsmile:

Central Baleford – Monday 13th April 2009 9.30pm

“C’mon Banjo, your brother’s an ass-hat! Just admit it, this place is boring!”

Banjo whirled around and peered at his friend Wolfbane in the darkness, a frown creasing a face just starting to learn what teenage acne was all about.

“It isn’t boring! Seven kids got hung up on meat hooks and cut to ribbons in this basement while the other kids watched! You can still see the bloodstains all over the floor!”

Wolfbane wasn’t impressed. Wondering around the boarded up former elementary had been a bit of an adventure to begin with, but it was growing old fast. Bloodstained floor or no; it was just a basement.

“Let’s go, I’m fed up of this place, it’s not even creepy!”

Banjo smiled indulgently, keeping himself between his friend and the door. He wasn’t ready to go yet.

“Do you know the story of this place Wolfy? My brother might be a complete ass-hat, but he told me all about this place. He used to go to school here; he was in the class above all those kids who died.”

“Really?” Wolfbane was interested despite himself. Plus, a creepy story was always better in the dark wasn’t it?

Banjo grinned, happy to indulge in his favourite pastime, telling scary stories.
“Oh yeah, he was there on the day too. When the kids started screaming everyone gathered around the door to this basement, helpless to do anything. Some of the teachers and the older kids tried to break the door down, but the mad janitor had fitted a solid metal one and barred it from the other side. When the police came they had to batter it down with a hydraulic ram. They found most of the kids huddled in one corner screaming or fainted dead away. The rest were on the hooks. The janitor had been at them with a load of machete’s he used to keep the hedges on the school grounds in check.”

Banjo reached into his jacket for something, a gleam in his eye. For a second Wolfbane was on the edge of panic, sure that his friend was going to pull out a machete, the machete that had been used to cut so many lives tragically short. The reality wasn’t much better. Banjo pulled out the test tube of red liquid and held it up between them.

“Is that…blood?”

“Sure is. I got it from the butchers on Hurst Street, said I needed it for a science project. I want to try something.”

Wolfbane backed away, frightened eyes wide in the darkness. “I think we should go.” This was starting to get too serious.

Banjo didn’t seem to hear him, or if he did he ignored the obvious panic in his friend’s voice. “Over a hundred people needed counselling you know? Not just the kids that were down there and the parents of the victims, almost everyone in the school. Hell Wolfy, every police officer that stormed this basement needed counselling! It was in the news all over the world. The family of the victims mourned here, there were vigils and everything. So much loss…so much pain…”

Wolfbane began to edge around towards the door, every sense in him was screaming at him to get away, just get away. His friend wasn’t here anymore, but something was wearing his skin.

“Banjo, you’re scaring me.”

Banjo laughed, a rough fractured sound in the oppressive silence of the abandoned school. “Scared?! You think that’s fear?! Imagine watching your friend or even your brother get hung up like a piece of meat and cut to pieces in front of you! By an adult you trusted! You don’t even know what fear is!”

Wolfbane made a break for the door, but Banjo was too quick, pushing him back into the middle of the room, right onto one of the dried pools of blood. He advanced, not truly himself anymore, the vial of blood held at arms length.

“But you will know what fear is, and pain, and suffering. All will know. The restless spirits of this place will rise up and claim their prey! The sacrifice is made!”

Glass shattered as the vial of blood hit the floor at Wolfbane’s feet. The blood seeped onto the old stains…the connection was made….

Reinholdt
2009-04-09, 11:04 AM
:smalleek: Banjo scares me.
*flees to find his mommy*

Dirk Kris
2009-04-09, 11:12 AM
*bursts into thread*
Am I late?
*glances around*
I know I already said it, Banjo, but SO in!

Fin
2009-04-10, 04:24 PM
yes im banjo's fiancee, but i dont get any extra help :smallfrown:

Your his... He's got a... Say what!?

Banjo, why weren't we told? Or maybe we were! I know your facebook status says engaged but... Can I be the best man? kthnxbai!

*runs away from Banjo before he can protest my new position as best man!*

Welcome to our humble playground Mrs Banjo, I'm gonna be the best man!

Mordokai
2009-04-10, 04:29 PM
Somebody smack Fin, he's getting crazy.

Well, crazier than usual.

banjo1985
2009-04-11, 03:58 AM
Still 11 players short with one day of sign-ups left, but roles will go out tomorrow whether we get any more players or not. Two of The Seven, a mason and the Disruptors will most likely be dropped to even out the game for a smaller player base, but I'll get to that tomorrow when it comes to it.

Fin: Hurray! Welcome to the wedding plans! :smalltongue: I'll go tell Mrs B, I'm sure she won't mind...:smalleek:

EDIT - On encouragement, I've sent out some SOS PM's to players I know still play WW games on occasion, in the hope of getting a few more players before signups end. It worked for the first Advent Children, lets see what happens I guess.

onasuma
2009-04-11, 04:42 AM
Hi there, Im here to take place number 26. Ive been told its urgent, so here i am.

You may ask what happened to space 25. I ate it! Thats what.

Dragoon
2009-04-11, 04:56 AM
Well, since it is Banjo narrating, I think I can handle the game. Though I do fine it funny I'm experienced. Perhaps as a wolf, but I truly suck as team good.

^ Actually, 25 is mine, but you just had to mess up the order onasuma. So could you spit it back out and clean it please? :smallwink:

Mordokai
2009-04-11, 06:27 AM
Fin: Hurray! Welcome to the wedding plans! :smalltongue: I'll go tell Mrs B, I'm sure she won't mind...:smalleek:

Can I be Mrs B best lady, in that case?

Hyozo
2009-04-11, 08:23 AM
:smallmad: I thought I had received an invitation to a werewolf game, not a wedding planner. How am I expected to get to England without emptying my bank account?
:smalltongue:
I'll join. I don't think I've been in a game run by banjo before.
EDIT: Except cat fight, but I'm going to ignore that one for now.

Lamech
2009-04-11, 08:25 AM
I'll join as I got a special personiziled invitation.:smalltongue:

Lex-Kat
2009-04-11, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the invite, Banjo. I would've kicked myself for missing this one.

I'm in. :smallsmile:

Tichrondrius
2009-04-11, 01:53 PM
Ooo, looks like I've been recruited. ^^

onasuma
2009-04-11, 02:03 PM
Well, since it is Banjo narrating, I think I can handle the game. Though I do fine it funny I'm experienced. Perhaps as a wolf, but I truly suck as team good.

^ Actually, 25 is mine, but you just had to mess up the order onasuma. So could you spit it back out and clean it please? :smallwink:

Yes sir, sorry sir.

Lex-Kat
2009-04-11, 02:09 PM
Hi. Never seen you in one of these. :smallsmile:

Trixie
2009-04-11, 02:30 PM
[looks at the empty box]

It looksss like they don't want usss to be here, my preciousss. :smallyuk:

Mordokai
2009-04-11, 02:57 PM

Glad to have you onboard, my man!

Thanatos 51-50
2009-04-11, 06:05 PM
WoD-flavoured WW game! I'm in! Like Flynn!

I'll read the special rules in a bit, I'm mildly distracted in this real-life world, but I recieved the PM call for aid, and so, here I am!

Dallas-Dakota
2009-04-11, 06:07 PM
Eh what the heck. Why not?

I'l be on hiatus for the period of my exams though.

Haruki-kun
2009-04-11, 10:50 PM
Sure, I'm in. Will read the stuff later.

banjo1985
2009-04-12, 04:23 AM
[looks at the empty box]

It looksss like they don't want usss to be here, my preciousss. :smallyuk:

Why would I PM you when you'd already shown that you knew about the game by posting here? I'd like you to play but you've never said whether you were actually in or not! :smalltongue:

Thanks for the idea Mordy, seems to have worked! We're now up to 33 players, which is great, but signups will be open for another 5 hours or so, see if we can get a full house.

I'll do my best to make this thing good for everyone who answered the SOS. :smallbiggrin:

Mordokai
2009-04-12, 06:00 AM
http://z.about.com/d/magic/1/5/g/9/RoyalFlush1-final.jpg

My royal flush beats your full house!

And I'm still waiting for an answer to my previous question. Come on, I promise not to torture Mrs B... too much :smalltongue:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-04-12, 06:36 AM
Hmm, how long will this game last? A guess?

Cause I'l be on hiatus for the period of my exams.

banjo1985
2009-04-12, 10:05 AM
^ I hope it will end at the end of May, maybe early June.

And I'm still waiting for an answer to my previous question. Come on, I promise not to torture Mrs B... too much :smalltongue:

...I'll leave Mrs B to answer that :smalltongue:

Signups are now closed, though I've provisionally included Trixie in the signups until we has an answer. I'll be randomising the roles and throwing a spreadsheet together, and you should get your roles in a few hours. The game will begin tomorrow in this thread, after I've sent all teh important stuff to my furry conarrator.

Let's get this show on the road :smallamused:

banjo1985
2009-04-12, 12:40 PM
All role PM's have now been sent. If you haven't received one please PM me immediately.

Game will start here tomorrow, after I've sent Wolfy the spreadsheet and written the opening post. Hold onto your butts people...it's going to be a bumpy ride...

Mordokai
2009-04-12, 12:49 PM
And when banjo says that, you know you're screwed up.

banjo1985
2009-04-13, 07:54 AM
Central Baleford – Monday 13th April 2009 9.45pm

The blood seeped from the shattered glass at Wolfbane’s feet, mixing with the patch of old blood on the basement floor, no longer a stain but a living pool of crimson. Wolfbane backed up on his hands and knees until he heard the door slam shut somewhere behind him. He started to whimper as the pool of blood began to bubble and spit.

“Where the hell am I?” Banjo sounded dozy and confused, as if he’d just fought off a deep sleep. He looked around, as if seeing the basement for the first time. “Why are we down here?”
Wolfbane turned from the pool, his eyes frightened round dinner plates, for a moment he was too scared to even speak.

Someone giggled behind him, a throaty sound in the gloom. “We want to play with you, that’s all.”

There were kids standing in the pool of blood, seven of them. They were soaked in it, crimson from head to toe, except for their rictus grins and dead eyes. Banjo and Wolfbane watched helplessly as the figures stepped out of the blood and towards them. They were dead these kids, that much was for sure. No-one could look like that and still live.

“What’s wrong? Don’t you want to play with us? That’s a shame…”Banjo turned to flee, but a young boy held out a crimson hand. A meat hook plunged from the ceiling, sinking into the back of Banjo’s neck. He began to scream as more chains and hooks snaked from the walls, the ceiling, the floor, flaying his flesh and lifting him off the ground. One hook plunged through his eye socket and held fast against his skull, taking his sight and leaving the poor boy in the dark for the end of his torment. The chains pulled taught, leaving him hanging in the centre of the room, sobbing and mewling in a tiny voice that might once have been human.

A little girl turns to Wolfbane, her pig-tails flicking blood as she turns. She smiles, but it’s anything but comforting. “He is our conduit now. The blood will sustain him, keep him alive to share our pain…but for now we need to feed….”

Anyone passing the school that night would have heard the screams filtering through the broken windows and empty halls…they lasted for such a long time…

That night you all became aware of them, The Seven that were released by one boys folly. Once you would have given anything to see your old friends again…but not now…not like this. They’re no longer human those kids, Ullman made sure of that all those years ago, and now they’re out for revenge. Why did that have to die and you live? Why did they have to suffer so, hanging from hooks as they were mutilated and dismembered while they breathed their last? It’s not fair…and you are all going to pay.

As you wake up the next morning a song flits through the back of your mind, as threatening and terrifying as a lions roar.

Ring-a-ring a roses,
Pocket full of posies,
Atischoo, atischoo,
You all fall down…

The Seven are out there, and they’re after you. They need to be put to rest, and fast, before all your lives are forfeit…

Summary

Wolfbane and Banjo were murdered by The Seven, they were Narrators.

Day 1 begins now and will end in 72 hours...Game on!

Dallas-Dakota
2009-04-13, 08:33 AM
So if we burn your body, there won´t be a conduit anymore and thus the seven will be destroyed/powerless?

Sweet!:smalltongue:

Haruki-kun, RL has scheduled me so that I don´t have time to work on that thing till Thursday, I´l get working on it then.

Lamech
2009-04-13, 01:42 PM
DD the cookiemonster, stop trying to break the game!

Reinholdt
2009-04-13, 01:48 PM
First day point at Happyturtle cause she wants to be first day lynched. *shrugs*

And now? I hide under my bed. Cause Banjo is frightening me with his italics speech.
*hides*

Dirk Kris
2009-04-13, 02:46 PM
Victoria Jameson, once a little girl whose classmates were killed, has grown up troubled. Seeing what happened in that basement has never left her mind, not even after countless hours and dollars spent in therapy. Good thing her daddy had left her a nice cushy trust fund. She has blossomed into young womanhood in the last few years, growing into her long legs and skinny frame. Once lanky and ungainly, she is now tall, slender - built like a dancer. On the cheerleading squad, she cheers as loud as everyone else, but her sapphire-blue eyes are hollow - haunted. She wears her hair pulled back from her face with a wide headband, long straw-yellow locks spilling down her back.

She too shares in the dream that rips through the town. She slips into a sundress and a pair of flip flops and aimlessly wanders the streets as a cold wind cuts through the warm spring morning. She passes happyturtle and nods politely, absently noting that she, too, had been in the class. Or so she thought.

Fin
2009-04-13, 03:38 PM
DD The Cookiemonster, revise goddammit!

Zar Peter
2009-04-13, 04:35 PM
Still shivering from Banjos narration...

Point at Shadowcaller

Deathslayer7
2009-04-13, 05:57 PM
Zar Peter cause hes above me.

Hyozo
2009-04-13, 07:03 PM
Harry Zosimus rode his bicycle through the streets, attempting to think about anything except Ullman. Riding his bicycle soothed him, it was his form of self therapy, it had been ever since the first day he was able to think of anything else. It had worked most of the time, but today it didn't seem to be doing anything for him.

*pedaling*

All he could think of was that day. The blood, the screaming, the sudden silence of some of his best friends, the realization that they would never speak to him again.

*pedaling*

He felt the lump in his pocket and went into his usual questioning of why he kept it. It was a constant reminder of that day, but being without it only made him feel worse. It was a small plastic T-rex which had belonged to Jack Rothen. He and the Rothen triplets had been playing with Jack's toy dinosaurs before-

*pedaling*
*crying*

He tried to force himself to pay attention to something else. He looked at the road and suddenly realized that his Hap Hazard steering had led him to right in front of the old school. Quickly turning around, he began to pedal like mad in the other direction.

happyturtle
2009-04-13, 07:07 PM
Night Surgeon, for trusting Murska. :smalltongue:

Murska
2009-04-13, 07:16 PM
It's been too long since I lynched Shadowcaller.

Dragoon
2009-04-13, 07:19 PM
Yes sir, sorry sir.

Good man. *Takes his number back* :smalltongue:

I guess I'm pointing at Reinholdt. Since I'm turning it into a tradition, even if he doesn't notice it yet.

Fawkes
2009-04-13, 07:27 PM
Who did Night Surgeon used to be?

Lex-Kat
2009-04-13, 08:36 PM
Night Surgeon, for the same reason as my Mistress. :smallsmile:

Jontom Xire
2009-04-14, 02:31 AM
Murska because it's the first day and because he's obviously up to his old tricks of being a wolf in every game.

I am very tempted to vote for Night Surgeon for being such a dinnock as to tell Murska his role. I mean DUH!

billtodamax
2009-04-14, 02:50 AM
When did Why would he do that?

Aemoh
2009-04-14, 07:15 AM
Lamech, for the fun of it.

Fawkes
2009-04-14, 09:47 AM
I'd actually like to know when this happened as well. And why everyone knows about it.

Zar Peter
2009-04-14, 10:06 AM
I'd actually like to know when this happened as well. And why everyone knows about it.

In "Phantom of the Opera" the WW game Night Surgeon (formerly known as FFfanboy) told Murska and happyturtle that he is the baner. After night 1 he was the late baner. Well, not very smart move there...

Jontom Xire
2009-04-14, 10:11 AM
The Phantom of the Opera game, over Easter weekend some time I think it was.

Murska introduced the baner to the self confessed seer who later turned out to be the fool (why didn't baner contact seer first rather than going through Murska?!) Murska then convinces baner to protect seer and then in the night kill killed the baner. Good work, Murska, but Night Surgeon really deserves a slap round the back of the head. A hard one.

First basic rule of werewolf style games is "NEVER ADMIT TO HAVING A POWER ROLE TO ANYONE UNLESS YOU CAN GUARANTEE THEY ARE ON YOUR SIDE". There are of course caveats to this. I.e. if you don't actually have a power role, admitting to having one (being seer's proxy so to speak) works well. And if you want to find out if someone is a bad guy, telling them you have a role while, say, under the protection of the baner, is quite a good way. Also if you're desperate, the game is certain to be lost anyway unless you take a chance. Or if you're dead certain to be night killed or lynched anyway. Or if you know you're the fool so your role is useless anyway.

But the number of people who confess to having a role when they have a few votes but aren't definite to be lynched, or tell their friends on MSN or suchlike, is depressing. It can be game ruining as veteran players all know. Like Camp when Alarra managed to get the WHOLE MASON LIST from someone!

========

NINJA'd!! :smallfurious: Dang you, Zar Peter!!! :smallwink:

Mordokai
2009-04-14, 10:17 AM
Like Camp when Alarra managed to get the WHOLE MASON LIST from someone!

I'd like to point out that game was still won by campers. Of course, circumstances under which that happened leave much to be debated, but still.

Murska
2009-04-14, 10:25 AM
Hm. Well, I can't really complain about NS but I'd have wished to play that game a while longer since it was my first time of being a wolf for a long time. Oh well. :smalltongue:

Fawkes
2009-04-14, 12:52 PM
Hm. Well, I can't really complain about NS but I'd have wished to play that game a while longer since it was my first time of being a wolf for a long time. Oh well. :smalltongue:

Oh, quiet, you. You're always a wolf.

Murska
2009-04-14, 01:12 PM
Okay, everyone. Here is an announcement from your friendly neighbourhood Baner, Baydon Prince.

Yo, everyone. I heard there were some ghost-things to get rid of, and one we don't need to get rid of just yet. To the latter, I have some welcome news if he wants to get in contact, to the former... Well, go ahead and contact me, we'll see how that goes. :smallbiggrin:

So, all these, you know, living people around here like The Overlords(Give a big hand to the Overlords, toughest gang in town!), Marie Bennett(She's got some talent, you should see some of her works), Carmen and Alex(Sorry for Jack, but we're gonna have to do something about him now...), yeah, even you, Danny(Even though you skipped the whole thing, you cheat, you.) and of course any other survivors who want to try and give me a hand should join up. As we all know, a group is better than a loner and however tough and cool you want to be, we better stick together or we'll fall.

(I always wanted to try this. :smallbiggrin:)

(Yeah, I know, nobody trusts me and all, there's scry interference and all so yeah. The two Seer/Fools need to arrange some kind of a schedule to scry me so they don't interfere with each other. Let's see... any ideas? I got nothing really, let's say if you, seer/fool, think you're probably higher in the playerlist(alphabetical order) than the other one, scry me, if not, try scrying someone else. I guess it's worth a try.

Or just don't scry me, your call. I'll be here at least until five of the wolves are in contact with each other.)

Fawkes
2009-04-14, 01:25 PM
I am understandably skeptical of your claim.

happyturtle
2009-04-14, 01:26 PM
*looks at Murska's signature*

Okay, I'm totally convinced! :smallsmile:

Darkcomet
2009-04-14, 01:28 PM
Darkcomet because he friggin' deserves it for drama bombing. :smallsigh:

Trixie
2009-04-14, 01:42 PM
First day point at Happyturtle cause she wants to be first day lynched. *shrugs*

Huh? She does? Erm, I'd be happy to oblige, then.

Happyturtle.

And this is my only chance to vote today and tomorrow, but if you have better leads PM me, I'll try to change that if I got the chance.

happyturtle
2009-04-14, 01:46 PM
No, I don't want to be lynched. I just dared Murska to try to get me day one lynched. Subtle difference. :smallbiggrin:

Murska
2009-04-14, 01:51 PM
No, I don't want to be lynched. I just dared Murska to try to get me day one lynched. Subtle difference. :smallbiggrin:

Hm. No difference, really. You aren't foolish. :smallbiggrin: (jk)

Hyozo
2009-04-14, 01:58 PM
*pedaling very fast*
*pedaling very fast*
*pedaling very fast*

Was that Baydon he had just passed. Harry couldn't tell because he was going so fast, and honestly, talking to Baydon only reminded him of that day even more.

*pedaling slower*

It was getting cold. Harry decided to slow down to a stop and button up his jacket.

pondshadow
2009-04-14, 02:01 PM
Hugo Ollermann likes outsmarting people, he knows that he's smarter than them and likes proving it. Because that's how he rolls. But that horrible scene, he didn't see it coming at all.
But the fact that he didn't see it coming at all is only what he cares about, and he acknowleges that fact to everyone. Why? Because he doesn't give a damn about any of the seven. They were annoying kids that weren't close at all to his IQ. But, Hugo's a vegetarian, and that blood, ugh. Well, that fakedon prince clearly loves his meat, so Hugo points at Murksa

Mustiado
2009-04-14, 02:29 PM
Hm. A quick first day point at Hyoso.

Haruki-kun
2009-04-14, 03:44 PM
First-day point at Mustiado. For the lulz.

Lex-Kat
2009-04-14, 05:30 PM
Darkcomet because he friggin' deserves it for drama bombing. :smallsigh:
Darkcomet, because I wanna be nice and help him out. :smallbiggrin:

@V Thanks. I try to be predictable, once in a while. :smallsmile:

Darkcomet
2009-04-14, 05:40 PM
That's very predictable of you, you know.

banjo1985
2009-04-15, 04:36 AM
24 Hours Remaining Update:

20/34 votes in

Current standings:

Happyturtle 3
Shadowcaller 2
Murska 2
Night Surgeon 2
Darkcomet 2
Cookiemonster 2

We need 25% of votes for a decisive lynch, which is 8 votes. So as it is, no-one is up for the chop.

Selrahc
2009-04-15, 04:54 AM
Happyturtle

Fleeing Coward
2009-04-15, 05:27 AM
Night Surgeon for that stupid move in Phantom of the Opera.

Mrs Banjo
2009-04-15, 05:37 AM
DD The Cookiemonster seems to know to much :smallconfused:

onasuma
2009-04-15, 05:41 AM
Sorry surgeon, but I like turtles, and would rather not see them lynched.

Night Surgeon

Shadowcaller
2009-04-15, 09:18 AM
((Night Surgeon still needs a smack after telling his role to Murska in Phantom.))

Darkcomet
2009-04-15, 09:19 AM
Blar. Need lynch.

Night Surgeon

Fawkes
2009-04-15, 09:45 AM
Shadowcaller because I'm okay with skipping a lynch on day one.

Thanatos 51-50
2009-04-15, 09:51 AM
Yeah, it was sterotypical, but that actually served to draw attention away.

The tiny puff of wind nipped at the frayed bottom of the man's trenchcoat, blowing away a breath of dust while it was down there, anyway. The man pulled down the brim of his wide fedora and squeezed his eyes shut and the oncoming dust devil overtook him.

It all came back to Ullman he thought.
The folks on the site knew him as Thanatos - after the Death God, he chose it to symbolise his 'baptisim', and his gifting of the Sight. It happened in an orgy of death and violence. Ullman, in his pure, reprehensible, and undeniable Evil did something to his soul, shattered it into shard, but he did it, in such...
such a beautiful way.

His criminal insanity was poetic, and it was Thanatos's drive to understand that twisted, deranged mind which led him to creating his little P.I. agency.

So far, he had located twelve lost cats, anulled, six marriages, and provided evidance for thirty-five divorce cases.
That was why, when something carried to him the news of what happened, he had to go and see.

This is what he had developed his contacts for.
His blessed Sight caught the unmistakable tendrils of Evil curling up to the sky from that unhollowed spot, and he knew the Seven had been released, deep in his bones, his sinew, he knew it.
They would be drawn to violence, for their death was likewise violent.

He knew just the man who saw his share of blood and violent deeds. Called himself the Night Surgeon.

Thanatos and the Night Surgeon were going to have themselves a conversation.

Selrahc
2009-04-15, 09:57 AM
Night Surgeon

Fan
2009-04-15, 03:06 PM
Ah, well it doth seem that I'am to trascend mortality at your hands fellow students.
Also, walks up to Thanatos, "You wanted to see me?"

hap_hazard
2009-04-15, 08:01 PM
Right back at Hyozo.

billtodamax
2009-04-15, 08:02 PM
Night Surgeon just because.

Thanatos 51-50
2009-04-16, 02:29 AM
"It is good to see you. I have a few questions, you see. I'm investigating the Seven. This little... foray, well...
Lets just say its a pro bono engagement, for me. If you give me some useful info, though, you may find yourself with a little bit of scratch. I've hypothesised that they may be drawn to, or even be the harbingers of violent, painful death. Seen anything... unusual around the streets lately?"
The PI asked his contact as he took a long, deep pull of the cup of green tea in his hands. He never expected the Surgeon to seek him out.

Recaiden
2009-04-16, 07:25 AM
Night Surgeon even if it is day 1.:smallfrown:

Dirk Kris
2009-04-16, 08:14 AM
Victoria wanders along, spotting Baydon, a few others she recognizes. She sees the dark, mysterious man that's new to town, some sort of detective from what she gathers. She sings quietly to herself as she walks, her hair blowing out behind her. The tune is gentle, sing-song - a children's song. More than one person has whispered that the strain might be too much - that poor Victoria may have lost her wits. She either doesn't notice or doesn't care. She sees the detective - Thanatos - and another gentleman. She watches them, her eyes finally focusing on something instead of just staring blindly, absenting noting what they pass over. She blushes a little as she thinks he looks her way. He's quite handsome.

Jontom Xire
2009-04-16, 08:18 AM
By the way, is the game still due to start tomorrow? :smallbiggrin:

Look like tomorrow never comes! :smallwink:

Fan
2009-04-16, 03:15 PM
"It is good to see you. I have a few questions, you see. I'm investigating the Seven. This little... foray, well...
Lets just say its a pro bono engagement, for me. If you give me some useful info, though, you may find yourself with a little bit of scratch. I've hypothesised that they may be drawn to, or even be the harbingers of violent, painful death. Seen anything... unusual around the streets lately?"
The PI asked his contact as he took a long, deep pull of the cup of green tea in his hands. He never expected the Surgeon to seek him out.

"There's always something unusual going on around here if you look deep enough. How do you think I get my work after all? I have heard some odd moans coming from the old basement complex where... IT.. happened. Listen, I'm jumping town today... Things have gotten too weird, and too paranoid for even a man in my line of work, and the people... They've changed since those 2 kids.. Banjo, and whats his face vanished. I suggest you do the same. The next bus leaves at 6:30 right after dusk, be on it unless you want to get caught up in all this mess. I have to go now, hope what I told you can help you find them."\
The Night Surgeon takes his "tools", and walks off into the smog toward the bus station.

banjo1985
2009-04-16, 03:23 PM
Day 1 over. Update iminent after me and Mrs B have mopped up the water leaking into our bedroom. :smallsigh:

banjo1985
2009-04-16, 03:56 PM
There is a stranger in Baleford. A stranger in dark clothing...mysterious...suspicious...called himself the Night Surgeon. He was the perfect target really, an awkward newcomer in a close knit town. No-one remembered him from the Elementary school, not even his best friend...in fact Thanatos seemed to be even more wary of him than the rest. He didn't really blame them for not seeing through the dark clothes and all the rest...it had been a long time, and they probably wanted to forget.

He smiled at tipped back his hat. It was already getting dark, the angry crowd of familiar faces melting and flowing in the dark like tallow from a black candle.

"So this is how it is, huh? Were we always this unfriendly?"

A rock snickered past him and clattered into the bus station window behind him, shattering the glass. There was the occasional shocked gasp, but the grumbles of threat and dubious intent were growing. Night Surgeon knew when he wasn't wanted.

"Okay I'll go. But it's not me you're after...I put my ghosts to rest a long time ago."

With that the man fled, through the station and onto a bus before the crowd could get him, sinking low into the seat, not risking a look until the shouts and patter of stones was far behind.

"That was a lucky escape mister." The whisper came from close beside his right ear, light and playful but dripping with danger. He recognised it.

"Jack?"

The little boy giggled behind him...and the Night Surgeon felt the blade of a scalpel rest lightly across his neck.

"Nighty night."

Summary

Night Surgeon was lynched. He was a Survivor.

Night 1 begins now and ends on Saturday. Get all your actions and Seven kill votes into myself and Wolfy.

Fan
2009-04-16, 04:08 PM
Gosh darn kids always gettin into mah work tools!:smallyuk::smalltongue:

Murska
2009-04-17, 06:53 AM
Okay, I have gotten a seer/fool claimee. This means the other one is free to scry me tonight without fear of interference. (The villager voiders have nothing they can void so they had better not use their ability, I think)

banjo1985
2009-04-18, 05:23 AM
I was hoping to end the day now, but we're still missing 5 night actions.

The first night phase traditionally lasts 48 hours so people can get in their groove, and I'm aware it won't have been 48 hours for another 10 hours or so. The night phase will end in just less than 24 hours, come what may, as it'll be the next time I have to post. This is a concession for the first night only, barring board outtages night's will be as close to 24 hours as possible from now on.

banjo1985
2009-04-19, 05:14 AM
Mike Tillon was confused. This was not a common thing for a pain spirit, especially one in the ruined body of a small child. His innate six sense had told him there was a person in pain down the alleyway in Baleford's Warehouse district, but he couldn't see anything.

"Anyone here? Want to come play with me?"

There it was, nothing more than a pitiful mewling in the darkness, but there it was, behind a trashcan. Mike walked over and peered around the bin, sucking thoughtfully on a lollipop. Green eyes filled with tears looked up at him.

"It huurtsssss! Thisss place, no-one heeeere....longing....lonely!"

Mike took the lollipop out of his mouth and smiled sweetly at the wretched thing. It looked like a malnourished cat, nothing more than dishevelled fur and bones. Those green eyes were familiar though, as was the palpable longing and neediness that hung around the creature like a pall.

"It's okay little guy, do you wanna play?"

The creatures pain-etched face lit up.

"You play! Play with me!"

Mike smiled, resisting the urge to just claw the things eyes out and flay it's guts to shreds. That would be too quick. He could entertain himself all night if he did this right.

"You bet, we're gonna have so much fun...."

As the dawn light lit the streets of Baleford once more, no one missed the one little spirit taken by The Seven overnight. In a way, it was the way the creature called Longing would have wanted to go...torture victims get a lot of attention right until the end...

Summary

Reinholdt was killed by The Seven. He was Longing.

Day 2 begins now, and will end on Tuesday

Players at risk of autolynch:

Eaglewiz
Mooncalled
Mordokai
Tichrondrius

pondshadow
2009-04-19, 07:52 AM
Fleeing coward for being the beast in phantom of the opera

Lamech
2009-04-19, 08:18 AM
Recaiden because very little can be gleaned from day 1.

Fleeing Coward
2009-04-19, 08:44 AM
pondshadow for role discrimination :smalltongue:

Dirk Kris
2009-04-19, 08:51 AM
Victoria's shoulders slump as she realizes Thanatos has failed to notice her - again. Apparently looks aren't everything in a town with this many skeletons in its closet. She heads home, taking the long way to avoid passing too near the old school. With those two missing boys, things seem weirder than ever. She thinks back to who she hasn't seen recently - Haruki-kun. She had always secretly wondered where he was on the day it all happened.

happyturtle
2009-04-19, 08:59 AM
Recaiden because somebody needs to start a bandwagon, I already voted for pondshadow in another game, Fleeing Coward just got lynched in Phantom, and I haven't seen Haruki enough lately to want to vote him out just yet.

Reinholdt
2009-04-19, 09:00 AM
Well that was remarkably fast. :smalleek:
No shiny buttons for me... :smallfrown:

Shadowcaller
2009-04-19, 09:21 AM
Fleeing Coward, he seems to tease players to kill him in a lot of games, why just not lynch him now and be done with it?

Trixie
2009-04-19, 09:31 AM
Well that was remarkably fast. :smalleek:
No shiny buttons for me... :smallfrown:

But the role was spot on - after all, we all know what type of a person demands so much attention :smallbiggrin:

MSPANC.

Fleeing Coward
2009-04-19, 09:34 AM
Fleeing Coward, he seems to tease players to kill him in a lot of games, why just not lynch him now and be done with it?

That sounds suspiciously like the sort of weak argument a wolf would make Shadowcaller.
Alot of games is a huge overstatement and I usually have a good reason for "teasing" players as you call it in the few games I do try to get myself lynched.

Murska
2009-04-19, 09:41 AM
Announcement:

The seer out there who hasn't contacted me yet, you're the real seer, or so my fool-claimee states.

Shadowcaller
2009-04-19, 11:29 AM
That sounds suspiciously like the sort of weak argument a wolf would make Shadowcaller.
Alot of games is a huge overstatement and I usually have a good reason for "teasing" players as you call it in the few games I do try to get myself lynched.

Wolfs creating bandwagons during the second day? That would make me a very poor wolf FC, and besides, its day 2, I didn't even know someone had pointed at you already until you pointed it out.

Lex-Kat
2009-04-19, 12:26 PM
Jontom Xire, for no logical reason at all.

Fawkes
2009-04-19, 01:52 PM
Fleeing Coward, for being so cowardly.

Zar Peter
2009-04-19, 02:07 PM
happyturtle convinced me to point at Recaiden

Murska
2009-04-19, 02:17 PM
Hmm. Recaiden, I guess.

Trixie
2009-04-19, 02:33 PM
Recaiden? Why?

Well, sounds fine to me, but I'd like to hear a better reasoning.

happyturtle
2009-04-19, 02:37 PM
Reason? On day two? My only reason was that somebody has to be lynched, and I'd rather not lynch someone who's just been killed in another game without a good reason.

onasuma
2009-04-19, 04:40 PM
Fleeing coward

No time for logic, its late...

Mr. Moon
2009-04-19, 05:46 PM
>>
<<
Stewpid dA...
*randomly points at.... Mechafox* *runs off to do other things*

Darkcomet
2009-04-19, 06:00 PM
I'mma going to point at Recaiden unless someone comes out with something better.

Fleeing Coward
2009-04-19, 06:32 PM
Recaiden because he's not me.

Shadowcaller:
1) I'm paranoid. The way i see it, everyone here is trying to kill me and are wolves. Especially that Murska guy for claiming baner so early.
2) It's a blind game so there's no reason for wolves not to lead a bandwagon early since they probably know at most one or 2 wolves so can give little away by doing so.
3) I'm pretty certain I know every wolf in this game, they're all in my list below:

Aemoh
Billtodamax
Darkcomet
DD the Cookiemonster
Deathslayer7
Dirk Kris
Dragoon
Eaglewiz
Fin
Hap Hazard
Happyturtle
Haruki-kun
Hyozo
JontomXire
Lamech
Lex-Kat
Mechafox
Mooncalled
Mordokai
Mrs Banjo
Murska
Mustiado
Onasuma
Pondshadow
Recaiden
Selrahc
Shadowcaller
Thanatos5150
Tichondrius
Trixie
Zar Peter

Recaiden
2009-04-19, 06:33 PM
Looks like I'm the not-so-randomly chosen kill for today. My advice as a survivor is to kill Trixie. Not to mean anything but ze's one of the 3 people I'd always rather kill as an ally than leave alive as an enemy.

Trixie
2009-04-19, 06:51 PM
[yawns] So, this is the reason you're (after joining a pretty much any game I'm in with you) spending most of it pointing on me and contributing pretty much nothing to team good efforts? :smallsigh:

Sigh.

But honestly, I fail to see the problem - after all, you'll have your dream outcome pretty quickly, at least in this game - you'll be dead, instead of having me as an ally. Everyone wins, eh? :smalltongue:

And this, people, is how you spot a wolf these days. If Recaiden (or one of three other guys) isn't pointing at me, it means he is busy trying to convince other wolves to night kill me, instead of worthier targets, ruining their performance as well :smallwink:

Haruki-kun
2009-04-19, 07:03 PM
recaiden it is.

Deathslayer7
2009-04-19, 07:24 PM
Shadowcaller for actin suspicious

EagleWiz
2009-04-19, 09:26 PM
recaiden will die

EagleWiz
2009-04-19, 09:34 PM
Murska there is NO WAY IN HELL. you are the banner.

Recaiden
2009-04-19, 09:50 PM
[yawns] So, this is the reason you're (after joining a pretty much any game I'm in with you) spending most of it pointing on me and contributing pretty much nothing to team good efforts? :smallsigh:

Sigh.

But honestly, I fail to see the problem - after all, you'll have your dream outcome pretty quickly, at least in this game - you'll be dead, instead of having me as an ally. Everyone wins, eh? :smalltongue:

And this, people, is how you spot a wolf these days. If Recaiden (or one of three other guys) isn't pointing at me, it means he is busy trying to convince other wolves to night kill me, instead of worthier targets, ruining their performance as well :smallwink:

Yes. You'll see I'm not a wolf pretty soon. The way to find a wolf is to kill Trixie, then analyze who did or did not point at Trixie. I'm not pointing at it because I don't think it's a wolf, but actually more dangerous to any villager effort.

Fleeing Coward
2009-04-19, 10:05 PM
Murska there is NO WAY IN HELL. you are the banner.

This is an interesting statement, may I ask why you think that is the case? As far as I can tell, no one else has come out to dispute his claims.

Thanatos 51-50
2009-04-19, 10:10 PM
Dirk Kris:

Because, long RP-posts get eaten by Data Vampires.

Lamech
2009-04-19, 10:18 PM
How about we not lynch randomly lynch Trixie for no real reason. She has those cool anime avatars. Also I suggest we let the seers sort out wheather or not Murska is the baner.

And who are these three people Recaiden always tries to kill?

Deathslayer7
2009-04-19, 10:21 PM
If Murska is the baner, I'll eat my left shoe. :smallamused:

Recaiden
2009-04-19, 10:32 PM
How about we not lynch randomly lynch Trixie for no real reason. She has those cool anime avatars. Also I suggest we let the seers sort out wheather or not Murska is the baner.

And who are these three people Recaiden always tries to kill?

Trixie, Shadow, and Jontom Xire. It's a superstitious sort of belief that the last 2 are always on the side that I am not, and that Trixie will ruin my plan, whether or not we're on the same team. I suspect that it's happen even if we were both masons. This isn't serious, none of them are especially likely to be wolves. But if I have no better target...

Aemoh
2009-04-19, 11:08 PM
I just pointed at Fleeing Coward in another game, but, I can't resist trying to even wagons.

I probably should stop, since it gets me killed on occasion, but it is damn useful to some people and it's just so fun, so... :smalltongue:

Mustiado
2009-04-20, 10:16 PM
Eaglewiz for making confusing sweeping statements.

Hyozo
2009-04-20, 10:22 PM
No time to write an RP post. Pondshadow's character is a jerk who should be pointed at

billtodamax
2009-04-20, 10:29 PM
Recaiden for the lynch.

hap_hazard
2009-04-20, 11:47 PM
Recaiden.

If we do that, Trixie will never get to play.

Dragoon
2009-04-21, 01:37 AM
Let's see here, I'm thinking that Recaiden sounds like a decent choice.

Mordokai
2009-04-21, 02:04 AM
Darkcomet, because I don't feel like following a bandwagon. And not to get autolynched.

Jontom Xire
2009-04-21, 02:31 AM
Murska because he's who I always point at when I haven't got a clue, and after 24 hours with no forum to find so many posts. Plus so many games to catch up on...

This point may change.

Trixie
2009-04-21, 04:45 AM
Yes. You'll see I'm not a wolf pretty soon. The way to find a wolf is to kill Trixie, then analyze who did or did not point at Trixie. I'm not pointing at it because I don't think it's a wolf, but actually more dangerous to any villager effort.

Well, I don't believe you're a wolf, but pointing on me only isn't going to produce any valuable results. And I'm hurt - how can you say that I'm dangerous to villager efforts when I, in fact, singlehandely protected you (Seer) from wolves (in a game where Baner was too busy to act, I might add) for ten days straight by obscuring the playing field and messing with their heads so that they always ended up pointing on others? If anyone was hurting Team Good it was someone who forgot to scry 4-6 times during the game (I lost count).

The gratitude :smallsigh:

@Lamech - I meant three others that are pointing at me, although they are a bit more silent now :smalltongue:

billtodamax
2009-04-21, 04:51 AM
Recaiden, how could killing trixie possibly help find wolves? The wolves are either in groups of two, or one. Voting patterns won't be very helpful, reactions will.

Mordokai
2009-04-21, 04:55 AM
Well, I don't believe you're a wolf, but pointing on me only isn't going to produce any valuable results. And I'm hurt - how can you say that I'm dangerous to villager efforts when I, in fact, singlehandely protected you (Seer) from wolves (in a game where Baner was too busy to act, I might add) for ten days straight by obscuring the playing field and messing with their heads so that they always ended up pointing on others? If anyone was hurting Team Good it was someone who forgot to scry 4-6 times during the game (I lost count).

If you're speaking of Spytrap IV, you're lying. You never once protected Recaiden and he missed his scry action three times, at worst. Maybe even only two times.

If that's some other game you speak of, I have nothing else to say.

Recaiden
2009-04-21, 06:56 AM
You're not especially dangerous to villager plans. And the thing about masons was a joke and exaggeration. Obviously, we can work together, since we have before. I do consider you to be more dangerous to my enjoyment and strategy in WW games than a randomly chosen player.

Murska
2009-04-21, 08:10 AM
If Murska is the baner, I'll eat my left shoe. :smallamused:

I hope you have some good sauce. :smallwink:

banjo1985
2009-04-21, 10:04 AM
Due to forum outtages I'll be ending the day tomorrow, in about 22 hours time.

Current Standings

26/32 votes in

Recaiden - 11
Fleeing Coward - 5
Everyone else has 2 votes or less

Tichrondrius must vote before the next update or face autolynch.

Deathslayer7
2009-04-21, 10:44 AM

@Lamech - I meant three others that are pointing at me, although they are a bit more silent now :smalltongue:

Ummm. You tried to have Captain Falcon off me in USB. That's how. I still remember that. :smallannoyed:

Haruki-kun
2009-04-21, 11:57 AM
Ummm. You tried to have Captain Falcon off me in USB. That's how. I still remember that. :smallannoyed:

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t288/Vaarsuvius89/Enjoy_a_FALCON_PUNCH_by_Hierarch.jpg

Trixie
2009-04-21, 12:32 PM
If you're speaking of Spytrap IV, you're lying. You never once protected Recaiden and he missed his scry action three times, at worst. Maybe even only two times.

Um, that's like saying that I'm lying because A doesn't equal 1.0, like I said, but 0.97. Yeah, big difference, doesn't change any facts I said even if that was 3 instead of 4.

And by "protection" I didn't mean baning him (I explicitly stated this), but staging a massive bluffing (both in-game and PM) campaign that made the wolves consequently miss both seer and our entire network (of which we lost 1-2 people out of ~10), while goading them to help our scrying efforts (granted, that only worked because I had a relative immunity to mistakes).

Yeah, I'm a big liar :smallsigh:

Well, you said yourself that you have an useless role, tried to extort and blackmail me, killed me, and did not keep the agreement. What did you expect? :smallamused:

Plus, you left that thing about all this mess granting your team massive advantage in the end :smalltongue:

@Recaiden - if you have a problem with my way of playing, how about writing a PM to me and saying what, according to you, I'm doing wrong, instead of that constant pointing stuff? Thank you :smallwink:

Mrs Banjo
2009-04-21, 03:41 PM
Im following the masses Recaiden :smallfrown:

Selrahc
2009-04-21, 03:49 PM
Recaiden I guess.

banjo1985
2009-04-22, 04:46 AM
Day over, update imminent.

banjo1985
2009-04-22, 05:35 AM
The thing that was once a man glared down at the terrified little boy, the blade in his hand dripping blood. The screams and wails of his classmates reverberated around him, but all the boy heard was the words of Ullman.

“You...you’re next.”

Recaiden sat bolt upright on the sofa, a scream teetering on the edge of his tongue. The house was dark and silent around him, except for the drone of the TV. He’d been asleep for hours, and it had taken the familiar nightmare to rouse him. Since he had felt The Seven return Recaiden had been having a lot of sleepless nights…and the old nightmare had returned for the first time in years. He would have been Ullman’s next victim, had the police not got in and shot him when they did…it was a sobering thought.

“Another minute and you’d have been one of us.”

It was the TV. Jack was in the TV. The screen still played the evening news, but that voice was unmistakable. Recaiden shuddered and hammered the power button on the remote. It was to no avail. The voice from the TV carried on regardless.

“How did it feel to be so close to our shared oblivion? Were you relieved? Or guilty? After all, you escaped our fate by pure chance…why should we have died so you could live?”

A deeper shadow in the room moved closer behind Recaiden, silent in the gloom. He didn’t notice, Jack had all of his attention, just the way he wanted it.

“You think it was easy living with those memories?! You think I was happy? What happened ruined my life…out of all of us; you guys had the most merciful outcome. Why couldn’t you just rest in peace?”

Jack giggled mockingly, the TV screen beginning to flicker and take on a crimson sheen.

“Outcome? Oh no, our story isn’t over yet…it’s only just beginning. We’re going to go out with a-”

BANG!

The shotgun shot took off the back of Recaiden’s skull, leaving a fine mist of blood and brain matter to drift to the floor. The body flew forward over the coffee table, coming to rest right next to TV. Jack’s laughter reverberated through the house. Tichrondrius stepped out of the darkness, the shotgun held limply in one hand. His eyes were vacant and dead; he’d been a puppet of The Seven…now his work was done.

“You know what to do.”

Indeed he did. Open mouth. Insert barrel into mouth. Blow own brains out.

The kind of orders anyone can follow.

As the night draws in around Baleford, The Seven have taken another two innocent victims, and their lifeblood flows like water....

…Back at Baleford Elementary the body in the basement twitched and bucked in its chains, drawing in the new blood refreshing the pool underneath it…

Summary

Recaiden was lynched. He was a Survivor
Tichrondrius was autolynched. He was a Survivor

Night 2 begins now and will end on Friday, or as soon as all actions are in. Get all your actions and kill votes into me and Wolfbane

Dirk Kris
2009-04-22, 12:08 PM
OMG...Creepy Banjo is creepy!
*shivers*

Hyozo
2009-04-22, 11:33 PM
Before getting out of bed, Harry Zossimus pulls the T-Rex out of his pocket and stands it up facing the window. Tears come to his eyes as he begins to speak, "John, people have been dying lately. People from our class.There are rumors that it's you John, you and the other six victims. I've been having nightmares about it too, but they can't be right, you wouldn't do something like this. Please don't let them be right. You were a nice person, not like Ullman." The tears begin to pour out of his eyes. He starts to pray that the killings stop, that the real killer be found, that people stop blaming this on Jack. He's sure that this can't really be because of the seven.

Yeah, good luck with that one Harry. One way or the other, there's not going to be a happy ending to his story.

banjo1985
2009-04-24, 03:40 AM
Night actions still missing but night has gone on long enough.

Night over, update imminent.

banjo1985
2009-04-24, 05:10 AM
Murska wandered the streets of Baleford, cutting through the mist like a knife. He couldn’t sleep, he couldn’t last night either, and he didn’t think he’d be sleeping much in the future either. The Seven were back, and he could feel their pain and hate, tearing at the world around them…they wouldn’t be happy until every alleyway in the city ran red with blood.

There was a familiar giggle behind him.

“Hey Mike, do you remember Murska?”
“Of course I do Jack, I remember when he fell off the jungle gym, scraped his knee pretty bad.”
“Did his blood look good?”
“…Good enough.”

Murska didn’t spin around to glimpse his assailants, that decision was probably all that gave him a chance. He broke into a sprint, bolting away from the voices behind him, intent on getting away more than any possible destination.

“How good a runner was he Mike?”
“Not bad…but I was always faster.”

Murska heard the voices remain close behind him, but there were no footsteps, not even the light tread of a small child. They were right behind him though, and stopping was not an option. He careered out of the alleyway and found himself in front of St Pauls, the church looming over him like the proverbial hard place when the rock is right behind you and getting closer every second.

It was his only chance.

St Pauls had a large graveyard, dating back hundreds of years, and the gates to the grounds were locked up for the night. Murska launched himself at the fence to the right of the gate, gripping the horribly smooth railings with grim determination. A bloody hook on a chain shot just past his ear, clattering off the railings before snaking away.

“We can smell your fear Murska.”

Murska squeezed his eyes shut, sure that if he caught a glimpse of his old school friends he would freeze. He hauled himself up over the railings and dropped down the other side, turning his ankle painfully as he hit the floor. The shock forced his eyes open as the pain bought tears to his eyes, and he caught a glimpse of his assailants fading into the mist.

“We’ll get you next time...count on it.”

Murska shivered and wrapped his coat tighter around his chest. He limped away into the graveyard, safe for one more day at least…

Summary

Murska was attacked by The Seven, but was protected by the Baner.

Day 3 begins now and ends on Sunday

The following players must vote today or be autolynched:

DD the Cookiemonster
Happyturtle

Fin has filed an away notice, so is safe from the autohammer

Shadowcaller
2009-04-24, 05:13 AM
((Way to make Murska survive another day, he really deserve it. (No, you can NEVER be too sure of Murskas role, especially in a blind game.)
Anyhow Jontom Xire.))

happyturtle
2009-04-24, 05:57 AM
Recaiden because somebody needs to start a bandwagon, I already voted for pondshadow in another game, Fleeing Coward just got lynched in Phantom, and I haven't seen Haruki enough lately to want to vote him out just yet.

((I voted yesterday. Please to remove me from autolynch threat! :smallsmile:))

pondshadow
2009-04-24, 05:57 AM
Hugo Ollerman doesn't like the fleeing coward, he plays that stupid Andrew Llyod Weber opera too much, it can get annoying. Now, he's gotten to singing it in the hallways, except he's tone deaf. Plus, he eats bad smelling tuna sandwiches.

banjo1985
2009-04-24, 06:02 AM
((I voted yesterday. Please to remove me from autolynch threat! :smallsmile:))

What autolynch threat?

<<
>>

You saw nothing. :smalltongue:

Murska
2009-04-24, 06:42 AM
Willing to believe me now, everyone? :smallamused:

And thanks for the wolves for that. I remember a similar happening in Mirrodin and JX was furious about it, so I deem it possible that he's not a wolf this time, Shadowcaller.

Lamech
2009-04-24, 08:38 AM
Bhaa... Bhaa... follow the baner because I have finals and no time to analysis for another week. Shadowcaller

Haruki-kun
2009-04-24, 08:47 AM
Shadowcaller, then.

Fleeing Coward
2009-04-24, 09:19 AM
I don't like blindly following the baner. I say we vote for banjo1985 and force him to tell us who the seven are :smallbiggrin:

Murska
2009-04-24, 09:37 AM
I don't like blindly following the baner either. Unless my post clearly states a reason for the point, you aren't supposed to follow it.

Fawkes
2009-04-24, 09:37 AM
Shadowcaller seems mighty suthpishous.

Shadowcaller
2009-04-24, 10:06 AM
Too late Murska, far too late...
You underestimate the power a almost confirmed baner have over sheeps. (note that this includes wolves in sheep clothes.)
It might appear cliche, but I'm claiming villager, with a blue button.

Trixie
2009-04-24, 10:12 AM
Shadowcaller it is, but only because he claimed.

Edit: Wait a second, wasn't it saying 'villain' a moment before?
Or was it just an elaborate case of visual hallucination? :smallconfused:

Jontom Xire
2009-04-24, 10:23 AM
I point at Mechafox for blindly following the baner just after he said not to!

Also to Murska, yes I was furious in Mirrodin, but that was a blind game as is this, so it is still possible that I could be a bad guy and that it was the other bad guys being utter idiots who decided to try to kill you and whose votes would have outnumbered the solo night kill vote I would get were I a bad guy.

Murska, I'm hoping you are building a nice big network because unless I read the rules wrong, once the bad guys hit a certain size of network, they can void you and kill you at the same time. Judging by the fact that they have made a night kill attempt (that we know about) every night, I'm guessing that they have no network so far, so you're safe for a while, but later...?

Just to make future games more interesting:

Rule number one of being a bad guy; DO NOT try to kill a baner unless:

A) You are sure he is not the baner (by scry).
B) You are sure he is not protected (voided or is definitely protecting someone else).

Otherwise you end up forming an instant villager network of baner and seer and so on. This one action has lost the game for bad guys more times than I can remember.

I also remember a game a while back where I wasn't the baner, but he remembered me being night killed night one in a recent game so protected me. I formed an instant villager network and went on to dominate the vote for the rest of the game with an easy landslide win for the good guys. That was just bad luck for the bad guys that time, but it demonstrates how fatal building a baner protected network is.

Shadowcaller
2009-04-24, 10:24 AM
Shadowcaller it is, but only because he claimed.

Edit: Wait a second, wasn't it saying 'villain' a moment before?
Or was it just an elaborate case of visual hallucination? :smallconfused:

Yeah... sure, I said villian and then edited it away, that surely confirms my wolf-hood.

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/lolcats/128792146136542408.jpg

happyturtle
2009-04-24, 10:31 AM
Mechafox, because lamb is tasty.

As for Murska, if there's a way to falsely claim baner while getting the real baner to protect you, he's probably the one who could pull it off. :smallbiggrin:

Deathslayer7
2009-04-24, 11:29 AM

And thanks for the wolves for that. I remember a similar happening in Mirrodin and JX was furious about it, so I deem it possible that he's not a wolf this time, Shadowcaller.

no. not really. I'm willing to belive you may have good intentions, but not that you're the baner.

Aemoh
2009-04-24, 12:15 PM
*points at Mechafox*

*shrugs*

Fawkes
2009-04-24, 12:29 PM
Wait, am I being bandwagoned for bandwagoning?

http://bogomip.net/images/humor/irony.jpg

While I'm at it, I'm changing my vote to Aemoh for bandwagoning a bandwagoner, just to make things even more confusing.

Lex-Kat
2009-04-24, 12:44 PM
deathslayer7, because I haven't seen him in a while. Hi. *Waves* :smallsmile:

Deathslayer7
2009-04-24, 12:50 PM
that sure was random lex-kat. whatcha hiding? Is that a knife behind your back? :smallamused:

Happyturtle

Murska
2009-04-24, 01:01 PM
All remaining villager powerroles:

So, those who haven't contacted me yet, I'd be grateful for a little of your time. After all, my identity should be pretty much confirmed by now. The only way this could happen otherwise is that I'd have had the baner claim to me during day one, RIGHT AFTER PHANTOM. I hope you can all see how improbable that is.

Hyozo
2009-04-24, 01:19 PM
I also remember a game a while back where I wasn't the baner, but he remembered me being night killed night one in a recent game so protected me. I formed an instant villager network and went on to dominate the vote for the rest of the game with an easy landslide win for the good guys. That was just bad luck for the bad guys that time, but it demonstrates how fatal building a baner protected network is.

Aemoh, in Black Iron Prison. Didn't you find every single villain in a row? Although that was mostly due to a predictable team choice by the alpha.

That was my second Werewolf game, and I was clueless. I think I'll list off what I've learned since then:
-Murska is always a wolf.
-Murska is frequently not a wolf.
-All wolves point randomly.
-All wolves are bandwagoners.
-Only wolves like to keep a low profile by frequently missing days
-Only villagers get autolynched.
-Shadow usually isn't a wolf, I still shouldn't ever trust him.
-Using petty revenge to determine early votes is meaningless and likely to get me lynched.
-Using petty revenge to determine early votes is better than nothing and therefore a good idea.
-People who claim to be a villager never really are villagers.
-Sometimes people who claim to be a villager really are villagers.
-Wolves don't point at each other on days where it makes a difference.
-Wolves like to point at each other to make it look like they're not on the same side. Since changing points would make them look extremely suspicious, this means that wolves frequently start bandwagons against each other.
-When a wolf is likely to be lynched, other wolves join the bandwagon to throw suspicion off themselves.
-Wolves covet easily defended positions, the easiest of these for them to gain is "I was the vote that pushed that wolf bandwagon into the lead, clearly no wolf would do that."
-Whenever I have a theory which I believe to be worth telling people, it is probably wrong.
-Whenever I have a theory which I do not believe to be worth telling people, it is probably right, and I will probably die before I change my mind.

In other words, I'm still clueless, but at least I won't trust Shadow. Barely related, I don't trust Shadowcaller People who claim to be villagers never really are villagers.

Shadowcaller
2009-04-24, 01:25 PM
Well... I know I'm a villager and thus would be a waste to lynch, therefore I vote for Mechafox in the hope that he is not a villager, or any other villager role.

Lex-Kat
2009-04-24, 01:35 PM
that sure was random lex-kat. whatcha hiding? Is that a knife behind your back? :smallamused:

Happyturtle
:smalleek: Knife? What knife? *Drops Knife* I have no knife. :smalleek:

Hyozo
2009-04-24, 01:48 PM
Making that post, I forgot that Shadowcaller was being bandwagoned. I don't want to joke point onto a bandwagon, so I think I'll point at somebody else.

Wolves like to avoid attention. It seems like they would want the shortest post of the day, but that doesn't actually work out. Any extreme attracts attention. A wolf would want something more like the second shortest post of the day, a post Aemoh currently holds.

EagleWiz
2009-04-24, 02:55 PM
Mechafox for the counter bandwagon

Mustiado
2009-04-24, 03:06 PM
Deathslayer7 to avoid all bandwagons.

Thanatos 51-50
2009-04-24, 03:20 PM
Doesn't seem that difficult.

I wouldn't put Murska totally out of suspision, anyway. Considering the wolves are blind until they take night actions against each other, he could have claimed an important power-role to goad them into attacking him, so he can get the network together, whilst giving the baner a big ol' "portect me" sign, thereby shrouding the Baner's identity in a layer of mystery.

If a fake baner showed up and I was the baner, I'd be rather tempted to bane him.

As a bonus, the puts Murska in the odd position of "Can claim to be a confirmed good guy" and a rather powerful role at that, to weed out villager power-roles.
Pardon me as I retain my suspicion and skepticisim.

Murska
2009-04-24, 03:24 PM
Okay, that just made Thanatos my number one suspicion. A wolf would want nothing better than to try sow the seeds of suspicion to keep me from networking.

There is a fatal flaw in his statement. "If I was the baner and a fake baner claimed, I'd be tempted to bane him."

What? If I was the baner, which I happen to be, and a fake baner claimed, I'd out him right away. Nobody on villager side would fake-claim baner, that's just suicidal and/or stupid.

Mordokai
2009-04-24, 03:38 PM
Murska

For teh lulz. Also, because I feel like it.

Selrahc
2009-04-24, 03:56 PM
What? If I was the baner, which I happen to be, and a fake baner claimed, I'd out him right away. Nobody on villager side would fake-claim baner, that's just suicidal and/or stupid.

Heh. I did it in Grave Robbers.
It didn't work out too well, since the only person who felt like getting in touch was the real baner. And then he died, and I was immediately killed by the village. :smallsigh:

Dragoon
2009-04-25, 03:26 AM
Heh. I did it in Grave Robbers.
It didn't work out too well, since the only person who felt like getting in touch was the real baner. And then he died, and I was immediately killed by the village. :smallsigh:

Yeah, I remember that, got you killed, worked well with our plans. Of course, I was a bad guy then.

Thantos 51-50, sort of suspicious.

Thanatos 51-50
2009-04-25, 03:35 AM
It's 51-50, Dragoon.

And, if you knew my playstyle at all, you'd know this is SOP for me, pointing out wierd ideas and strategies others maynot have thought of.

Really, I'm only pointing at Murska because I don't want to bandwagon hop or accuse anyone of anything at'all.
The defensive counter-point from him seems kind of wierd, though.

Zar Peter
2009-04-25, 04:21 AM
Point at Mechafox

Yes, bandwaggoned for bandwaggoning is pretty common these days...

I hope I don't get bandwaggoned for bandwaggoning against a bandwaggoner... and why are there so much red lines under my perfect english words?

Mrs Banjo
2009-04-25, 04:22 AM

erm sorry no.Murska, maybe im a bit too cautious :smallconfused:

Fleeing Coward
2009-04-25, 05:02 AM
Thanatos 51-50 there's a difference between pointing out weird strategies/ideas and sowing doubt plus also pointing at someone's that's been all but proven innocent because "you don't want to bandwagon".
Murska claimed baner, noone disputed his claims and now the wolves who attacked him. At this point, the chances of him not been baner is so remote that it might as well be non-existant.

Mordokai
2009-04-25, 05:13 AM
Actually, Fin managed to pull something similar in Lord of Rings. Not sure how, since I didn't bother reading the explanation, but obviously it's possible.

And this is Murska we're speaking about :smalltongue:

Fleeing Coward
2009-04-25, 05:17 AM
Actually, Fin managed to pull something similar in Lord of Rings. Not sure how, since I didn't bother reading the explanation, but obviously it's possible.

Except this is a blind game and after what happened in Phantom WW, I doubt Murska'd openly claim baner without actually having the role.

Mordokai
2009-04-25, 05:24 AM
I'd rather lynch him and be sure.

But that's just me.

Thanatos 51-50
2009-04-25, 05:25 AM
No fair!

You guys are metagaming using games I've never even looked at!
Can't we please keep the metagame inside this particular instance of WW, please?

happyturtle
2009-04-25, 05:26 AM
According to the first post, if one wolf attacked another, they'd be put in touch with each other. The person who came in second place in wolf votes would have been killed instead.

Lamech
2009-04-25, 08:08 AM
Thanatos51-50 I see three votes for the baner, err yeah no.

Darkcomet
2009-04-25, 08:37 AM
Thanatos 51-50. I don't think I need to explain this one.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-04-25, 08:42 AM

W00t! Somebody referred to my game!:smallbiggrin:

No fair!

You guys are metagaming using games I've never even looked at!
Thats what you get for not playing in my games.:smallamused:

Thanatos5150(there can be no bar between the numbers!)

And because I`m a sheeple. I have the hair to prove it!

Thanatos 51-50
2009-04-25, 12:54 PM
According to the first post, if one wolf attacked another, they'd be put in touch with each other. The person who came in second place in wolf votes would have been killed instead.

Huh.
That make me an idiot for not noticing that. And is enough, alone to convince me of Murska's innocence.

DD, the Cookiemonster, then. Because it's called a hyphen. Or a Tack, if you're in the military.

Fin
2009-04-26, 07:35 AM
W00t! Somebody referred to my game!

Woot! Someone referred to your game cause I did something worth noting!

Also Murska, because I did something like this in LotR WW

Also I am back!

Dirk Kris
2009-04-26, 09:10 AM
((Fin because there are no other votes against him, and I can't justify killing someone off because they made a mistake. Though I AM tempted because Thanatos won't RP with me. :smallfrown:))

Victoria wanders around all afternoon, her face shaded by a large straw hat. She sings to herself, feeds the ducks at the local pond, and has an ice cream cone. I wish they didn't think I'm crazy - I'm just scared, like all of them.

banjo1985
2009-04-26, 11:23 AM
Day over, update coming right up.

banjo1985
2009-04-26, 11:32 AM
Through Baleford confusion reigns. The Seven's plans were foiled last night, a hunt with no victim...but in it's own way the outcome still served them. With no body to find, no evidence to weigh up, the survivors of the Baleford Massacre were lost.

"Shadowcaller was always a strange one. Why hadn't I seen him for years until these murders started, huh?"
"Mechafox follows like a lost sheep, just like he did at school."
"Thanatos was a kid of few words...maybe ghosts can't speak..."

In the end the survivors are split and indecisive, unable to gain enough support to run anyone out of town. The Seven are also silent, watching with mocking eyes as their previous hunt serves them even in failure. Night falls, and the spirits again walk the streets...but where will the hunt hit next?

Summary

No-one was lynched, as 7 votes are required for 25%. With 6 votes each, Thanatos and Mechafox have lucky escapes

Night 3 begins now and will end on Tuesday. Please get your actions and kill votes into myself and Wolfbane.

banjo1985
2009-04-28, 07:22 AM
Holy triple post Batman!

Night over, despite still missing 5 actions. Update coming in the next hour or two.

banjo1985
2009-04-28, 08:56 AM
Fleeing Coward sat bolt upright in bed, immediately awake…you tend to wake up fast when there are noises in your apartment. He tip-toed quietly over to the bedroom door and cupped one ear against it. His eyes widened as he froze in panic…Jack Rothen and Mike Tillon were in the lounge.

“Hey Coward, long time no see.”
“Must be years since we’ve seen you, after the…unfortunate incident…we kind of lost touch.”
“Lost a few limbs too Jack.”
“Yeah, that too. Come on out Coward, you’re right behind that door, I can feel you.”

Coward began to shake, but he couldn’t bring himself to back away from the door. He needed to go for the window, find an escape route, but to his horror he watched as his hand crept slowly towards the door handle.

“That’s it, come and say hi…remember how we used to play in the old days?”
“Good times.”

Coward began to whimper and grabbed hold of his wayward hand with the other, trying to pull it away from the handle. For a second he thought he was going to lose the battle, but then the hold over his hand disappeared so suddenly he almost fell backwards. He slumped to the floor, trying to gather his breath and thoughts for a dash to the window.

“Hey Mike, Coward’s got some willpower.”
“He’s still slumped on the floor like a scared puppy though.”
“Just at the right height for what comes next too.”

“Bye Coward.”

Molly Saunders had been standing behind him all the time, a meat cleaver from the kitchen grasped two-handed, waiting for the right moment. With Coward slumped on the floor it took just one swipe to decapitate him, one clean cut with the cleaver. His head rolled away, bounced against the wall and stopped at her feet. Molly sucked one of her blonde pigtails thoughtfully as she picked up the head by the hair.

“You keep your knives real sharp. Good deal!”

Summary

Fleeing Coward was killed by The Seven. He was either Marie Bennett or Danny Wedrenski, the Seer/Fool

Day 4 begins now and ends on Thursday

The following players need to vote today to avoid autolynch:

Billtodamax
Hap Hazard
Moon Called
Onasuma
Selrahc

Dirk Kris
2009-04-28, 09:33 AM
Haruki-kun still makes Victoria uneasy. However, in her relief that Thanatos wasn't killed overwhelms her ability to feel much else. Too bad he still doesn't know I exist. Deciding not to waste another opportunity, fearing what the day will hold, she dresses in a pair of jeans and a soft, fuzzy pink sweater that sets off her blue eyes and blonde hair. Swallowing hard, she lifts her hand and raps tentatively on the door to Than's detective agency.

((I know, I hate to be the first one to post, what with the whole "first poster is a wolf!" theory. But I'm not a wolf, so I hope I have nothing to fear. :smallbiggrin: But let me point out that ALL of the people on the auto list have caught my attention. 5 missing night actions? And all those names on the list. Hmmm...))

onasuma
2009-04-28, 10:55 AM
Random point at Jontom Xire.

pondshadow
2009-04-28, 01:50 PM
I think Thantos 51-50 is mary, so I shall vote accordingly

Deathslayer7
2009-04-28, 01:53 PM
onasuma is a wolf. why?

It's day 4, and he/she is still pointing randomly.
That and it fits in with the missing night actions.

Mordokai
2009-04-28, 01:55 PM
I'll go on a limb and say happyturtle.

Well, not totally limb.

Hyozo
2009-04-28, 01:57 PM
I think Thantos 51-50 is mary, so I shall vote accordingly

Wait, what? The only role that could possibly be a misspelling of is somebody you should absolutely not want to point at. EDIT: Rereading banjo's post, it occurs to me that he might mean Molly, that doesn't make it much less confusing though.

Unless I get/read any good ideas, I'm pointing at Pondshadow because he's confusing and his character is a jerk.

Fawkes
2009-04-28, 02:11 PM
I point at Happyturtle for three reasons: revenge, irony, ruthlessness, and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope. Four! Four reasons!

Selrahc
2009-04-28, 04:49 PM
Mordokai, because I wanted to point yesterday for the obsession with killing Murska, but apparently forgot to.

Shadowcaller
2009-04-28, 04:56 PM
Mordokai for now.

Murska
2009-04-28, 05:14 PM
Yet another important announcement:

Okay, we need a seer test at Mordokai now. I really wish FC was the fool...

happyturtle
2009-04-28, 05:27 PM
Hope so too.

Mordokai

Lamech
2009-04-28, 05:56 PM
onasuma the interweb ate my poiny the first time...:smallfrown:

Darkcomet
2009-04-28, 07:38 PM
Mordokai for Seer Test.

Thanatos 51-50
2009-04-28, 09:00 PM
Thanatos neatly stacked the last of his papers on the Happy Turtle, one of his suspects for the Seven. When a knock starlted him out of his rather mechanical daze.

"Yes, the door is open!" he called across the cramped room, opening the window by his desk to both provide a quick and sure escape route and let some air circulate through the stuffy quarters.

hap_hazard
2009-04-28, 09:57 PM
Mordokai. Seer check.

Fleeing Coward
2009-04-28, 10:06 PM
Yet another important announcement:

Okay, we need a seer test at Mordokai now. I really wish FC was the fool...

Look at my record in games here, think chances of that are quite good :smallbiggrin:

Fawkes
2009-04-28, 10:11 PM
Mordokai to bump it up to 7.

Deathslayer7
2009-04-28, 10:23 PM
you know. this seer check and following murska may not be that smart. Just to let you guys know.

Hyozo
2009-04-28, 11:01 PM
Look at my record in games here, think chances of that are quite good :smallbiggrin:

Indeed. Your record for foolishness is almost as impressive as my own.

Harry Zossimus tiredly pedaled past Mordokai on his journey toward detective Thanatos. He had heard that the detective was investigating the recent killings, perhaps he could use help of some sort. Harry yawned, hopefully a resolution to these killings would let him sleep soundly at night again as well.

Zar Peter
2009-04-29, 12:39 AM
Seer check... damn, I hope he really is a wolf. I hate to kill Mordy :smallfrown:

Point at Mordokai

Lex-Kat
2009-04-29, 01:01 AM
Alison curled up on her bed. They were back. She'd heard them last night, calling for Coward.

There was no escape from them. No where to run, no way to fight them. They would get her, and she'd die like the rest.

Sweet, merciful death. Yes, she was frightened, but not of dying, but how long they'd play with her, torment her again, before they finished their game.

She thinks back to when she and Mordokai frolicked in her father's wheat fields. Those were happier times. She drifted off to sleep.