PDA

View Full Version : Neuter Evil (Spell)

The Blackbird
2009-03-31, 05:19 PM
Someone posted this idea as a joke on the OOTS forum, and I said I would make it an actual spell (Link Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108176)).
Even though this is more of a spoof thing, I still take suggestions for it becuase I did not put a whole lot of time thinking about what spell level it should be and all that.

While I did make up a whole spell description for it, this spell is still a spoof item. If your really going to use it at some point you can modify it so it works on any other alingment, the Good description is just to add humor.

Neuter Evil
Transmutation (Good)
Level: Pal 4, Cleric 6,
Components: V, S, DF
Casting Time: 1 Standard Action
Range: Close (25 ft + 5 ft/2 levels
Target: 1 creature range touch
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Fort negates (also see text)
Spell Resistance: Yes

You remove the testicles from an evil creature to prevent it from reproducing more evil creatures. The target creature must make a Fort Save to negate the effect. If they fail their save they must make another Fort Save or be in Pain (-4 on attack, skill checks, ability rolls) for the next hour/caster level.
This only works on male evil creature that is mammal.
This effect can only be reversed using a regenerate spell, limited wish, wish, or miracle.
Material Component: A pair of silver scissors

PirateMonk
2009-03-31, 06:40 PM
Make the duration Instantaneous instead of Permanent, to keep it from being dispelled.

Specify that it only works on male creatures, or replace "testicles" with "reproductive organs."

The Blackbird
2009-03-31, 06:56 PM
Make the duration Instantaneous instead of Permanent, to keep it from being dispelled.

Specify that it only works on male creatures, or replace "testicles" with "reproductive organs."

Thanks, also I did originally have that it only works on male creatures, but my internet kicked me out, for some stupid reason, and I forgot to put it in the second time round.

Faulty
2009-03-31, 08:02 PM
Belongs in the next Book of Exalted Deeds. :smalltongue:

sidhe3141
2009-03-31, 08:53 PM
What I don't get is the Sor/Wiz 6 part. I think it should be Pal 4, Clr 6, Good 5. Also I think it should be transmutation (since it alters a creature directly rather than creating physical force).
And should have DF or Arcane Material Component: a pair of silver scissors costing 50 gp.

Roszlishan
2009-03-31, 09:17 PM
Neuter Evil
Evocation (Good)
Level: Sor/Wiz 6
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 Standard Action
Range: Close (25 ft + 5 ft/2 levels
Target: 1 creature range touch
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Fort negates (also see text)
Spell Resistance: Yes

You remove the testicles from an evil creature to prevent it from reproducing more evil creatures. The target creature must make a Fort Save to negate the effect. If they fail their save they must make another Fort Save or be in Pain (-4 on attack, skill checks, ability rolls) for the next hour/caster level.
This only works on male evil creature that is mammal.
This effect can only be reversed using a regenerate spell, limited wish, wish, or miracle.

This has no game effect on the affected creature, therefore, I see no reason why this isn't a 'special case' of Bestow Curse. That spell specifically states that the caster can devise his own curse, as long as it is no more powerful than the example curses.

Changing the duration from Permanent to Instantaneous mifht - might - be worth another level adjustment - but then, it might not, too. As an Instantaneous effect one might reasonably reverse it with Regeneration.

Good Luck -
Roszlishan

The Blackbird
2009-03-31, 09:25 PM
This has no game effect on the affected creature, therefore, I see no reason why this isn't a 'special case' of Bestow Curse. That spell specifically states that the caster can devise his own curse, as long as it is no more powerful than the example curses.

Changing the duration from Permanent to Instantaneous mifht - might - be worth another level adjustment - but then, it might not, too. As an Instantaneous effect one might reasonably reverse it with Regeneration.

Good Luck -
Roszlishan

There is the pain effect. Also I stated in the description of the spells that can reverse the effect

Sidhe: I did not put a lot of thought to what level it should be. I will ajust it to your suggestions because they make since though. Except for the good domain idea, becuase there is already a spell for that.

ericgrau
2009-03-31, 09:53 PM
It's equal to bestow curse but it gives only one option, requires a fort save instead of will, and requires 2 saves instead of 1. So purely for combat purposes I'd peg it at cleric level 2 (1 below bestow curse). But since it has a special effect that may be desirable in certain situations, and because of the added versatility of having a different save type, I'd bump it back up to cleric level 3 at minimum. Regenerate is a 7th level spell so neuter evil should be fairly effective spell for its intended purpose. In fact, making it 4th or 5th level might be reasonable too. But any higher than that and someone might easily find a cleric to regenerate the damage, making the spell fairly pointless. I'm leaning towards 4th level myself. The paladin might not find vulnerable targets at his level, so either he needs to get it a little early or be more selective about his targets.

The Blackbird
2009-03-31, 10:10 PM
It's equal to bestow curse but it gives only one option, requires a fort save instead of will, and requires 2 saves instead of 1. So purely for combat purposes I'd peg it at cleric level 2 (1 below bestow curse). But since it has a special effect that may be desirable in certain situations, and because of the added versatility of having a different save type, I'd bump it back up to cleric level 3 at minimum. Regenerate is a 7th level spell so neuter evil should be fairly effective spell for its intended purpose. In fact, making it 4th or 5th level might be reasonable too. But any higher than that and someone might easily find a cleric to regenerate the damage, making the spell fairly pointless. I'm leaning towards 4th level myself. The paladin might not find vulnerable targets at his level, so either he needs to get it a little early or be more selective about his targets.

I'll sleep on it, the level is higher becuase of the few ways to reverse it (as you stated).

Roszlishan
2009-03-31, 10:27 PM
Yes, there is the pain effect that, for some bizarre reason I can't imagine I didn't notice. So there is a game effect.

Still, it's not equal in penalty to the various Bestow Curse examples. I think I'd still peg as equivalent to that spell, maybe plus one level for Instantaneous as opposed to Permanent duration. Given that there is game effect and that that effect causes pain, I would not give it the Good descriptor.

Good Luck -
Roszlishan

Volkov
2009-04-01, 06:28 AM
I forget. Do non-mammals have testicles?

The Rose Dragon
2009-04-01, 08:28 AM
I forget. Do non-mammals have testicles?

Yes, but no scrotum. Their testes are inside their bodies because they are not as warm as mammals.

Heat is anathema to sperms.

Nero24200
2009-04-01, 01:37 PM
Not sure this can be a good spell, it's essientally hurting the one area the gods intended to be treated nicely ...

If it -only- made the target unable to reproduce, fair enough, but it also causes unneccisery pain as well.

The Blackbird
2009-04-01, 06:12 PM
Not sure this can be a good spell, it's essientally hurting the one area the gods intended to be treated nicely ...

If it -only- made the target unable to reproduce, fair enough, but it also causes unneccisery pain as well.

The Good thing is more of a joke.

I'll edit the first post to say something.