PDA

View Full Version : A storyline nobody else thought of

EmeraldPhoenix
2009-03-31, 07:13 PM
Everybody remember the raven, V's familiar (Blackwing/Arrow shooting target)? He's gonna come back, that's what I think.

DISCUSS!

The Blackbird
2009-03-31, 07:17 PM
Blackwing: MWHAHAHAHAHA, Vaarsuvius, little do you know that I too have gained power from the soul splice, enough to challenge even you. Now prepare to know what it is like to come to your masters every call, to be willing to sacrifice yourself for the master, prepare TO BE THE FAMILIAR.
DOMINATE MONSTER!
Vaarsuvius: NOOOO (Fails will save) Yes my master, I will do whatever you wish.
Blackwing: To World Domination!

Assassin89
2009-03-31, 07:31 PM
Blackwing brings Ginko Balboa. V remembers the Oracle. V find the Oracle and kills him.

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-31, 07:33 PM
Oh my god!? That bird slaughterd V!?

EmeraldPhoenix
2009-03-31, 08:40 PM
Or what about this:

Blackwing comes and yells at V for becoming evil. V is so shocked that (s)he loses a soul (I think it'll be Ganoron, Terror of a Thousand Planes, because he looks the like he's stronger than the strangely happy Jephton the Unholy) and V becomes less evil either because (s)he lost an evil soul, or because of the "drunk on non-alcohaulic beer" thing. Being less evil, (s)he realizes her mistakes and lets go of the splice, realising a second too late that (s)he could have used the power to fight evil/get back to the boat.

David Argall
2009-03-31, 09:44 PM
Well Blackwing may be back sometime, but Qarr is a much more interesting possibility.

Janmorel
2009-03-31, 10:07 PM
"Blackwing," cried V, "oft forgotten! - See my power ill-begotten.
By the Books of Ancient Wisdom by which we put so much store,
Talk some sense into my lover, as in black and fangs I hover,
Evil-laughing high above hir - please defend me, I implore!
This was necessary evil. Tell my mate that, I implore!"
Quoth the Raven, "You're on your own, kid."
:smalltongue:

Grodoro
2009-04-01, 02:20 AM

Beautiful.

ThisIsNotDan
2009-04-01, 02:26 AM

That was awesome. You win a free internet.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-04-01, 06:09 AM
Blackwing: MWHAHAHAHAHA, Vaarsuvius, little do you know that I too have gained power from the soul splice, enough to challenge even you. Now prepare to know what it is like to come to your masters every call, to be willing to sacrifice yourself for the master, prepare TO BE THE FAMILIAR.
DOMINATE MONSTER!
Vaarsuvius: NOOOO (Fails will save) Yes my master, I will do whatever you wish.
Blackwing: To World Domination!

And then the splice ends, Dominate Monster with it, and V proceeds to cast Fireball on Blackwing and start looking for a new familiar.

EmeraldPhoenix
2009-04-01, 07:54 PM

*wipes tear from eye*
Amazing. I am in awe.

The Blackbird
2009-04-01, 08:38 PM
And then the splice ends, Dominate Monster with it, and V proceeds to cast Fireball on Blackwing and start looking for a new familiar.

Awww, you didn't like it?:smalltongue:

Fun Fact 1: This theory is a joke, V has Mind Blank up anyways.

Fun Fact 2: Blackwing as a familiar has improved evasion, meaning he will dodge the fireball, any spell that does not give a reflex save however, would defeat Blackwing.

evileeyore
2009-04-01, 09:36 PM

This Thread Has Been:

http://www.circvsmaximvs.com/picture.php?albumid=32&pictureid=1309

The Blackbird
2009-04-01, 09:42 PM
This Thread Has Been:

http://www.circvsmaximvs.com/picture.php?albumid=32&pictureid=1309

Awesomeified?

DwarvenExodus
2009-04-18, 07:55 AM
Maybe V tries to summon Jephton's familiar and ends up with Blackwing. But still doesn't realise that Blackwing is hers.:smalltongue:

Ancalagon
2009-04-18, 07:59 AM
Or what about this:

Blackwing comes and yells at V for becoming evil. V is so shocked that (s)he loses a soul (I think it'll be Ganoron, Terror of a Thousand Planes, because he looks the like he's stronger than the strangely happy Jephton the Unholy) and V becomes less evil either because (s)he lost an evil soul, or because of the "drunk on non-alcohaulic beer" thing. Being less evil, (s)he realizes her mistakes and lets go of the splice, realising a second too late that (s)he could have used the power to fight evil/get back to the boat.

Problem: Vaarsuvius is expliticly NOT evil because of the souls. He's evil because it's what he always wanted and the soulsplice gave him to excuse to actually become evil.
There's a comic where the fiends state that rather explicitly.

Tempest Fennac
2009-04-18, 09:22 AM
I thought the Fiends meant V was acting like that due to expecting an alignent shift. Admittedly, looking at V's personality throughout the comics, I'd say it's just a case of V acting ho s/he always did on a much larger scale.

Laughing Dragon
2009-04-18, 09:23 AM

Brilliant! Gold star! (cue "Pomp and Circumstance") And the thread prize goes to ... Janmorel! (and there was much rejoicing)

Oh my god!? That bird slaughterd V!?

The bast**d!!

Linkavitch
2009-04-18, 11:01 AM
Blackwing brings Ginko Balboa. V remembers the Oracle. V find the Oracle and kills him.

Can't do that. The Oracle said to the lizard brothers that the next time he would get killed was when he tells a druid the other man in his wife's life is his bear familiar.

Logalmier
2009-04-18, 12:56 PM
I thought the Fiends meant V was acting like that due to expecting an alignent shift. Admittedly, looking at V's personality throughout the comics, I'd say it's just a case of V acting ho s/he always did on a much larger scale.

I always thought of it as sort of V having to suppress all of these evil instincts (utterly destroy anyone who gets in my way, kill Kubota simply because it's convenient) and now with the soul spice in place he's got the perfectexcuse to act the way she's always wanted to.

Silverraptor
2009-04-18, 01:19 PM
Blackwing's useless! A raven that won't speak common! Come on V, get a different familiar.

Tempest Fennac
2009-04-18, 01:31 PM
Actually, he just thought talking Common was beneath him. You're probably right there, Logalmier. I know it has been argued that V's actions with the dragon's family were just extreme neutral, but I'd say it was evil (same for blowing up that stable guard because V lost his/her ticket, and trying to blow Miko up for giving him/her combat instructions and the Kubota incident, but those were just on a really small scale).

Dreganastra
2009-04-18, 02:16 PM
Isn't there a rule that if a wizard kills its familiar that wizard will not recieve another one? Not that V would particularly mind I'm sure.

HamsterOfTheGod
2009-04-18, 05:22 PM

Nice job!!!

Flickerdart
2009-04-18, 05:49 PM
Can't do that. The Oracle said to the lizard brothers that the next time he would get killed was when he tells a druid the other man in his wife's life is his bear familiar.
And? Just because the next guy to kill him is a Druid doesn't mean that V can't be the one after him.

Dagren
2009-04-18, 07:02 PM
And? Just because the next guy to kill him is a Druid doesn't mean that V can't be the one after him.Which is cool, if you think V is going to hold the splice for the next couple of years. Quite clearly (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0571.html) says 1187, and unless I'm mistaken we're still in 1184 at the moment. While I'm greatly enjoying the current arc, I somehow doubt that the splice is going to be a long term part of V's character. Sure, I guess V doesn't need the splice to kill the little runt, but also I doubt she would do so after returning to normal. So, either way...

Flickerdart
2009-04-18, 07:31 PM
And why not? Haley and Celia thought that the Oracle was a powerful Cleric. V might think so too, and thus go to defeat him so that he may regain a fraction of the power he once held.

Silverraptor
2009-04-18, 09:01 PM

I don't know why but I instantly started read this post as if it was the poem. (Maybe it's because I have the poem memorized and my subconscious realized it instantly)

SandyCaesar
2009-04-18, 10:50 PM

Pure brilliance!

Dagren
2009-04-19, 03:48 AM
And why not? Haley and Celia thought that the Oracle was a powerful Cleric. V might think so too, and thus go to defeat him so that he may regain a fraction of the power he once held.Um, what? Are you suggesting that V is going to start killing every high level character in the world for XP, much like Belkar (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0124.html)?

Silverraptor
2009-04-19, 05:23 AM
Um, what? Are you suggesting that V is going to start killing every high level character in the world for XP, much like Belkar (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0124.html)?

V won't get any exp, his caster level is that high remember?

Kurald Galain
2009-04-19, 06:50 AM
Quoth the Raven, "Eat my shorts!"

Seriously though, very nice poem!!

Dagren
2009-04-19, 07:41 AM
V won't get any exp, his caster level is that high remember?I think we're talking about post splice here. Ah, forget it, I don't have a clue what we're talking about here.

doliest
2009-04-19, 11:32 AM
Um, what? Are you suggesting that V is going to start killing every high level character in the world for XP, much like Belkar (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0124.html)?

"Sure, rock on elf buddy."