PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: Episode VII Announced

Athaniar
2009-04-01, 04:47 AM
Earlier today, George Lucas, creator of the Star Wars franchise announced his intention to continue the Star Wars saga with another trilogy of films. This film is intended to take place after Episode VI, and will most likely disregard huge chunks of already established expanded universe "canon". Follow this link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_Fools%27_Day) for more information, including a brief summary of the intended plot. Personally, I think this is a good idea, and I'm looking forward to the release. The only thing I'm disappointed in is that it isn't going to be a Thrawn trilogy movie, but then again, I didn't expect anything else.

Prime32
2009-04-01, 05:30 AM
That plot you linked to seems... weird. I mean, that seems kinda out of character for Luke, don't you think? :smallannoyed:

Starscream
2009-04-01, 05:38 AM
The fans are going to be pretty ticked off. Having Chewy talk is bad enough, but making Jar Jar a jedi is probably going too far.

Shadowcaller
2009-04-01, 05:39 AM
That plot you linked to seems... weird. I mean, that seems kinda out of character for Luke, don't you think? :smallannoyed:

Its 1 April. :smallwink: [/Captain Obvious]

Ascension
2009-04-01, 06:32 AM
Its 1 April. :smallwink: [/Captain Obvious]

And some people feel like playing along.

DraPrime
2009-04-01, 07:43 AM
Wait, Leia is actually Luke's father? How does that work?

Ascension
2009-04-01, 07:53 AM

This is how. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_You_Zombies%E2%80%94) She is also Luke and Obi-Wan.

DraPrime
2009-04-01, 07:55 AM
This is how. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_You_Zombies%E2%80%94) She is also Luke and Obi-Wan.

You know what really scares me? Jar Jar Binks is the mother.

Prime32
2009-04-01, 08:04 AM
No, Obi-Wan is Luke's father. Yoda knew, and Obi-Wan told Luke's lightsaber, but they were sworn not to tell until Han Solo turned evil and got a red lightsaber.

Eldan
2009-04-01, 08:27 AM
Well, family relations all fine, but did you see the important part?

Lucas explicitely stated that there will be no sound in space.

DraPrime
2009-04-01, 08:29 AM
Well, family relations all fine, but did you see the important part?

Lucas explicitely stated that there will be no sound in space.

Where did you see that? I read that all sounds will be replaced with farting noises.

Eldan
2009-04-01, 08:32 AM
But only when there's air. Man, don't people know anything about physics these days?
In space, nobody will hear you fart.

Whoracle
2009-04-01, 09:00 AM

Curse you, George Lucas! Better people than you have tinkered with time travel and gender-bending and failed! Why must you even contemplate this folly?

But really, right now it's all just speculation. Silly speculation. I've even heard (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0) that it's going to be explained how the midichlorians got so small as to fit in other species' blood...

chiasaur11
2009-04-01, 10:56 AM
I'm most worried by him buying the rights to Firefly and declaring it part of the EU.

I mean, Jayne Cobb really doesn't seem like he should be the long lost heir to the empire, you know?

Yana
2009-04-01, 11:11 AM
Wait wait wait wait wait wait...

Wait.

Nope, I'm lost. So does this make Mal a member of the Alliance?

Eldan
2009-04-01, 12:04 PM
No, but River is a Sith and Simon is Han Solo's brother.

chiasaur11
2009-04-01, 12:30 PM
And Lucas is editing a wacky CCGI sidekick.

Muz
2009-04-01, 12:45 PM
Can they really do justice to all the ramifications of a "time-hole" (great term, George :smallannoyed:) that pulls in James Kirk in a single movie? And how the heck can DATA use the Force???

I'm all for what he said about Jayne finding Fett's armor, though, assuming I interpreted that little throw-away comment correctly. :smallbiggrin:

Eldan
2009-04-01, 01:05 PM
Nah, actually Jayme...

Does not use the armor, since he can't wear his canny hat with it.

chiasaur11
2009-04-01, 01:05 PM
Can they really do justice to all the ramifications of a "time-hole" (great term, George :smallannoyed:) that pulls in James Kirk in a single movie? And how the heck can DATA use the Force???

I'm all for what he said about Jayne finding Fett's armor, though, assuming I interpreted that little throw-away comment correctly. :smallbiggrin:

Well, considering Jayne takes down Boba Fett in a one on one brawl in VIII, I'm not surprised.

Still, revising the timeline so Tag and Bink is Episode IX is a tad odd. I mean, really.

Collin152
2009-04-01, 01:30 PM
No, Obi-Wan is Luke's father. Yoda knew, and Obi-Wan told Luke's lightsaber, but they were sworn not to tell until Han Solo turned evil and got a red lightsaber.

Well played. :smallamused:

TheBST
2009-04-01, 03:31 PM
Goddamit, it's past noon here and I was actually terrfied for a moment.

The Glyphstone
2009-04-01, 09:32 PM
I'm sad - I was hoping I'd get to read an actual plot summary, not Lucas's angry blog postings. How can anyone decipher useful information from that?

At least it wasn't a Rickroll.

Copacetic
2009-04-01, 09:40 PM
I'm sad - I was hoping I'd get to read an actual plot summary, not Lucas's angry blog postings. How can anyone decipher useful information from that?

At least it wasn't a Rickroll.

Why are you looking for useful information in George Lucas's blog?

Wasn't fooled for a minute. Nice try, OP.

TheCountAlucard
2009-04-01, 09:49 PM
...it's past noon here and I was actually terrfied for a moment.

My roomie tried to pull this one on me a few months back during our weekly Star Wars game. Was more than a little scary, actually.

Xuincherguixe
2009-04-01, 09:51 PM
Considering the date, I think we should wait awhile before taking any of these rumors seriously. I am however happy to hear that this movie is being made.

chiasaur11
2009-04-01, 09:59 PM
Considering the date, I think we should wait awhile before taking any of these rumors seriously. I am however happy to hear that this movie is being made.

And I'm happy to hear Robert Downey Jr. and Nathan Fillion star as two loose cannon cops on the edge. I mean, "Freeze, Sith Mother#%#$" is next year's "Would you like to see a magic trick" for sure.

Ascension
2009-04-01, 10:12 PM
And I'm happy to hear Robert Downey Jr. and Nathan Fillion star as two loose cannon cops on the edge. I mean, "Freeze, Sith Mother#%#$" is next year's "Would you like to see a magic trick" for sure.

I would watch anything with those two as loose cannon cops on the edge in a heartbeat.

chiasaur11
2009-04-01, 10:21 PM
I would watch anything with those two as loose cannon cops on the edge in a heartbeat.

You are not alone on that count.

Muz
2009-04-02, 01:11 AM
I'm just stoked they got Jake Lloyd back. Anakin having another child from an affair with Mon Mothma? I did NOT see that one coming!

X2
2009-04-04, 01:36 AM
April Fools yeah yeah....

Oslecamo
2009-04-04, 07:59 AM
I'm greatly awaiting Chewbacca becoming a cyborg sith.

With triple light sabers! In each hand!

Of course, he'll need those to fight the new rebels giant space robot who runs in some mysterious drill power.

Comet
2009-04-04, 08:20 AM
Believe in me, who believes in the Force!

This April's Fool joke would be a lot funnier, if it wasn't so probable that George Lucas will actually make new Star Wars movies. And botch them hard.
Well, yeah, not that probable actually, but it's not an unrealistic threat

Edit @V: He said that? That does kinda remedy my slight lack of faith in him.

Athaniar
2009-04-04, 12:51 PM
Believe in me, who believes in the Force!

This April's Fool joke would be a lot funnier, if it wasn't so probable that George Lucas will actually make new Star Wars movies. And botch them hard.
Well, yeah, not that probable actually, but it's not an unrealistic threat

Didn't Lucas say that the films were about Anakin, and since his story is concluded, there won't be any more?

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2009-04-05, 05:57 PM
So Darth Vader was Luke's COUSIN all along! It all makes sense now! And Chewie is the mother! :P

Nice try mate. I thought "April Fools' but the probability of George Lucas actually doing this is quite high, so..."

Lerky
2009-04-05, 06:08 PM
that is NOT something you tease about!:smallfrown:
Espcially if the thread stays up for 4 days, if it were April 1st I wouldn't have fallen for it, but since it's the 5th I got my hopes up. SHAME!

sorry for breaking character:smalltongue:

chiasaur11
2009-04-05, 06:11 PM
that is NOT something you tease about!:smallfrown:
Espcially if the thread stays up for 4 days, if it were April 1st I wouldn't have fallen for it, but since it's the 5th I got my hopes up. SHAME!

sorry for breaking character:smalltongue:

Hopes up?

Star Wars?

Does not compute.

Unless you read the news about Fillion and Downey Jr.

In which case, sorry.

Mr. Scaly
2009-04-05, 06:14 PM
But what if they can't get Patrick Stewart to play Trioculus? Will they settle for Jack Black or call in Jamie Farr?

yukigono
2009-04-05, 07:40 PM
As 4chan might say in one of it's less insane moments, Obvious joke is Obvious. Still mildly amusing though.