PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]Books for melee fighters

Faulty
2009-04-01, 08:50 AM
What are some good books with nice options for melee fighters besides Tome of Battle and Complete Warrior? Thanks.

RTGoodman
2009-04-01, 08:56 AM
Players Handbook 2. Seriously - it's got a lot of good stuff for melee fighters. I think Complete Adventurer has some stuff for you, too. After that, well, ToB would be my pick, but you've already excluded it.

Alternatively, I guess you could get Tome of MAGIC - you'll probably feel a lot better about being a melee guy if all the spellcasters kinda suck. :smalltongue:

Kaiyanwang
2009-04-01, 09:05 AM
In Complete Adventurer you find feats kinda completing these of CW - see leap attack with charge feats.

I found very useful Champions of Ruin, Miniature Handbook, Dragon Magazine Compendium and Drow of the Underdark too, but first and foremost, I'd second PHII.

Eldariel
2009-04-01, 09:48 AM
ToB is really all you need. CW is just the honey.

That said, as others have said, PHBII is pretty good for melee fighters (I'm assuming "non-magical swordswingers" as "melee fighters" here - a Druid is a melee fighter too, but probably not what we're after), and overall for everyone. Dungeonscape has some handy stuff (mostly the ACFs though), and as mentioned, Complete Adventurer has few great feats as well. Complete Scoundrel obviously has skill tricks - they make anyone's skill points worth it.

Faulty
2009-04-01, 10:10 AM
Thanks a load guys. :) I was indeed talking about non-magical melee. I should have mentioned that I have Complete Adventurer as well, but it slipped my mind. Really appreciate it guys.

Starbuck_II
2009-04-01, 10:14 AM
Players Handbook 2. Seriously - it's got a lot of good stuff for melee fighters. I think Complete Adventurer has some stuff for you, too. After that, well, ToB would be my pick, but you've already excluded it.

Alternatively, I guess you could get Tome of MAGIC - you'll probably feel a lot better about being a melee guy if all the spellcasters kinda suck. :smalltongue:

Now, now, 1 level dips are great.
Only 1 level gives you mini Fireshield + Improved Sunder (choose Aym).
Think: Fire resist 10, attackers take 1d6 fire, improved sunder, deal double damage to objects.

Pretty good.

Draz74
2009-04-01, 11:35 AM
Magic Item Compendium!