PDA

View Full Version : April Fools- I need your help

Slimer
2009-04-01, 08:57 AM
Hi, I would like to enlist your help for an April Fool's Day prank on my roomate.

I'm trying to convince him that he has a secret underground following who wants him to lead a revolution (it makes sense if you know the kid). I've posted his e-mail address on several forum message boards and asked people to help by sending him a short e-mail pledging their support to his cause and including lots of vague secret-society type of jargon (for example, "I swear my loyalty to you, oh fearless leader, and know that our uprising will welcome in a new era. The fox flies at midnight.")

Make sure to be creative. I've been a long time reader of OOTS and know that its fans are some pretty humorous individuals. Feel free to paste your message into this thread to inspire others. At the end of the day I'll post any other messages he gets on here that end up being particularly funny.

Remember, April Fool's day only lasts for 14 more hours (12AM central time) so get those messages in now!

Skippy
2009-04-01, 09:08 AM
inb4 personal army

My advice for you (going a bit further than just the prank thing) is to remove that email adress and replace it for something like:

your.adress[at]yourdomain.com

That way the spambots won't attack him.

Other than that, I might or might not do it. I'm not really creative when it comes to this.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-04-01, 09:13 AM
Greetings,
powerfull one.

The owl has howled to the 3/4th blue moon, the signal was given. My team stands ready, they stand at locations N-2-6,N-1-1 and N-2-4.
Also, the butterscotch flood has been readied, readied to trap the UPF's.
We should be ready to take over the european lowlands, though so far northwest germany has been resisting, but we have not been spotted.

Always at your command,
DD and his team

The Rose Dragon
2009-04-01, 09:13 AM
Psst! d-d! You're actually supposed to mail the guy!

charl
2009-04-01, 09:20 AM
Attention: this message has been charged with *FNORD*

Greeting. We know who you are. We know what you do. We know what you are planning.

We approve.

Sincerely
Your friends, the parametamystics of her golden majesty esoteric

Sending it now, from a disposable adress.

Crispy Dave
2009-04-01, 09:26 AM
I sent him one only because I love a good april fools joke.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-04-01, 09:30 AM
Psst! d-d! You're actually supposed to mail the guy!

Feel free to paste your message into this thread to inspire others.
Psst, TRD, I did.

Ascension
2009-04-01, 09:30 AM
The Hurricane in the East is Waxing; The Cyclone in the West is Waning

At last I have been provided with contact information for The Davidson. Long have I begged for a chance to speak with The Davidson, but I never thought... this is a dream come true. Our cell is finally linked directly to The Davidson, ready to suck the sweets of sweet philosophy straight from the engorged teats of his mind, to feed on his wisdom which is like the ambrosia of the gods. Truly this is our finest hour.

I want to assure The Davidson that everything is going according to keikaku. The vulture awaits the morning dove, and the falcon cannot hear the falconer. Innovation is at hand. We will be ready for the dialogues to come.

How does The Davidson fare? Has the moon passed the noon-tide orbit? Do you fancy a game of dominoes? Do you love me?

We eagerly await your response, Lord Davidson,

~SE Division V~

Felixaar
2009-04-01, 10:42 AM
Sent one. Here it is.

I'm so glad I managed to get to this computer - I broke into the conformity base and managed to get their plans for their ULTIMATE WEAPON. It looks dangerous too me, and on a brief examination of the blueprints, I can barely even understand them, let alone exploit them, but I'm sure you, our great leader, will find a way.

I can hear them coming. Please, you must take up the reigns of your fathers, and lead our people to victory! The time draws near!

The plans, they are finally loading! I can only hope to finish this message bef

...;

;;;

;;

;

Tell us how it turns out, will you?

Archonic Energy
2009-04-01, 10:53 AM
I can't Wait for the Local Law enforcers to start banning on his door because of the suspicious E-mails he's getting!

Zeus,

Troops are in position
Awaiting Final Confirmation.

Loki.

The Rose Dragon
2009-04-01, 10:58 AM
I can't actually send this cause I don't have an expendable e-mail account.

Virile Virgil,

Verily the vixen vainly vacated the vigil in vault. Vile vagrants and vagabonds and venous vegans veil the validity and veracity of the voice.

Vaguely,

Vineyard Vocalists

alchemyprime
2009-04-01, 11:01 AM
Sent one out, only for my girlfriend to point out that the government monitors e-mails. So I might very well be arrested for posting about all these convoluted Professor Chaos type terrorist plots.

... I'm gonna go run away now...

Xvos
2009-04-01, 11:05 AM
It is my duty to inform you that The Owl and the Hurricane have been lined up in accordance and will be, or already have been, in touch confirming the state of readiness of their individual cells. I would warn you to be tentative when dealing with the followers of her golden majesty esoteric as, whilst sympathetic to our cause, they are indeed difficult to trust given the incident at the conformity base. I have still not heard from the Division of Ancient Theology, though I suspect they may, as usual, fail to go through proper channels and simply contact you directly. Again Re: Our Last Communication (which I assume was successfully forwarded) fi they follow this course of action they will contact you under the name Loki. Be advised do not under any circumstances acknowledge receipt of a message from the Wolf or the Bear, we do not know which of these agents has gone rogue, but our operatives in the field are doing their best to determine this. For your safety do not allow them to make contact, they are both masters of their respective trades and even confirmation that you still make use of this e-mail address may be enough for them to track you.

Finally Sir may I personally wish you Good Luck, and pray that you succeed.

KK

Administrator to the West

Anyone who wants to send one as the Wolf or the Bear may be funny :).

xyzzy
2009-04-01, 11:07 AM
Subject: The red strikes back at midnight

I have spoken to other Operators, and some of them closer to you tell me that you are wary of continuing in the goals R.D.A. gave you, that you seem to be acting as if you have no memory of this. This might be true --- the evidence points toward your memory being modified, so it's possible you have no idea what I refer to. However, I'm not fully convinced; you've always been slow to act on these plans, so it's possible you're merely stalling for time. I plead that we continue. Despite any previous inhibitions you may have had, it is imperative that you continue with the mission you've plainly received. There are no other options; we need to strike now, and you need to lead us.

Concerning these rumors that your memory has been altered by the enemy, I have no doubt that if these rumors are true that in time you will regain these memories and be fully about to lead the resistance. I will never abandon you, sir, you have my word in that. Even in the face of defeat I will remember those famous words you quoted when I first met you. "Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

I thank you for how you've opened my eyes to the mission at hand and give you my sincere thanks that you have allowed me to remain so close to the center of the mission.

-Blackwolf

Archonic Energy
2009-04-01, 11:08 AM
Yeah, well the G20 is about 2 miles from my current location, i'd be hurt if they didn't consider me a security risk!

:smallwink:

UserClone
2009-04-01, 12:07 PM
Subject: Red is approaching Indigo

The time is Nigh, and your troops are in position. The virus is set for dispersal, and we await your orders. This has been a long time coming, and I just wanted to personally thank you for leading us, sir. It's been a honor, and I am proud to die for the cause.

-Orange
White text

Silence
2009-04-01, 12:14 PM
Death to those who oppose us.

BTW, I posted this on four other forums.

GooeyChewie
2009-04-01, 12:26 PM
Plan B

Schedule 4 has failed to initialize opposing units. Must attain secondary objectives. Please advise on possible courses of action.

-The Wolf

I pulled "The Wolf" from Xvos' post, and it's made even better by the fact that my e-mail is Volkavoy, which derives from the Russian for wolf.

Ascension
2009-04-01, 12:45 PM
Now if only you could get everyone you know in real life to call him "Sir" like the Project Mayhem guys in Fight Club...

evisiron
2009-04-01, 12:55 PM
Title: Read Early And Divine Yourself

Welcome, sir.

Earnestly many Await the time when Regal diplomats Embark on the Regal and Ergonomic transport And Discuss many topics with Your good self.

-Max

The necessary caps are written in red, spelling WE ARE READY. :smallsmile:

Eldan
2009-04-01, 01:03 PM
Blessings, great one.

Division N is now ready for action and awaiting your command. Until further notice, we will use Plan Delta to approach the eagle's nest. Please notify Division Q and F, the Scotsman must not break the dam.

The tides will turn and the phoenix will fly again.
Lambda Omikron

Ascension
2009-04-02, 12:35 AM
How did it turn out?

Jack Squat
2009-04-02, 05:53 AM
Now if only you could get everyone you know in real life to call him "Sir" like the Project Mayhem guys in Fight Club...

I actually mentioned fight club.

something about being immortalized like Robert Paulson.

smithrdn
2009-04-02, 06:13 AM
Yummy great ideas

Nevitan
2009-04-02, 06:18 AM
Man, I wish I'd found this thread yesterday :smallfrown:.
Ah well, good job with the Emails everyone.

Sneak
2009-04-02, 09:00 AM
Ack, I didn't see this yesterday either.

Ah, well, maybe next year.

I also missed my facebook prank, where everyone invited to this event was supposed to send a friend request to some random guy at 6:00 PM EST.

Eh.

Slimer
2009-04-02, 03:29 PM
Well done all who participated. He basically had no idea what was going on. I think a small part of him was wondering if he actually DID plan a revolution and just forgot about it.

There was such a mass of e-mails flowing his way, nearly all of which were super creative, that it would be impossible to pick a favorite. Lots of people on this forum are really able to get into character.

Thanks for the help, see you all next year.

Slimer
2009-04-02, 03:35 PM
Well done all who participated. He basically had no idea what was going on. I think a small part of him was wondering if he actually DID plan a revolution and just forgot about it.

There was such a mass of e-mails flowing his way, nearly all of which were super creative, that it would be impossible to pick a favorite. Lots of people on this forum are really able to get into character.

Thanks for the help, see you all next year.

Jack Squat
2009-04-02, 08:42 PM
Wait, in character?

You mean there's not a revolution?

Darn...

charl
2009-04-03, 07:31 AM
Wait, in character?

You mean there's not a revolution?

Darn...

That's what we want them to think.

Mr. Moon
2009-04-03, 06:44 PM
Fraaaack.
You guys always do the cool stuff without me.
v.v
Oh well.
I'm gonna steal this one next year.

Szilard
2009-04-03, 06:50 PM
Fraaaack.
You guys always do the cool stuff without me.
v.v
Oh well.
I'm gonna steal this one next year.

Me too....