PDA

View Full Version : Twilightsucks.com hacked!

Lord_Gareth
2009-04-01, 11:27 AM
Disclaimer - I'm not here to troll, start a fight, or anything of the sort; this is an informational post. For the most part.

Twilightsucks.com - a hater site for the Twilight "saga" - has been hacked, allegedly by a coalition from various Twilight fan-sites. If you know anyone involved, or post on any of the sites that have been given credit, you should be informed that the owners of those sites can be held responsible if their members don't step forward.

Personally, I'm surprised this happened; Twilightsucks has, for the most part, left these other sites alone, and they, for the most part, have left us alone, and we're all happy in our respective corners of the Internet. I don't think any such attack was ordered by the administrations of the fan-sites, though their websites may have been used to organize it, and I'd hate to see innocent people held responsible for the actions of a troll.

You can see the message left behind {NSFW link to April Fools Joke Scrubbed}

SurlySeraph
2009-04-01, 11:59 AM
It wouldn't take the combined effort of more than 4 Twilight fan sites to hack one site (hell, it probably wouldn't take more than one person), and even Twilight fans know better than to link to their sites to make themselves targets. Any competent hacker knows how to spell better than that, and any Twilight fan knowledgable enough to spell well wouldn't choose to spell badly and use eye-gouging colors for a message like this; Twilight fans don't want to live up to their stereotype as glitter-obsessed semiliterate 12-year-olds, and that's exactly what this message does.
Therefore, I strongly suspect that this is the handiwork of someone uninterested in Twilight (likely from one of the 'chans), just trying to start a flamewar.

Graymayre
2009-04-01, 12:03 PM
As a completely neutral person in this war (I have not read the novel), I feel obligated to ask something.

Is there proof that these sites were actually responsible for the hack? Perhaps it was the work of someone that is trying to shift the blame on these sites. The fact that it has only now been hit by these sites; which have, as you said, left it alone before; gives at least some cred to the idea.

If I had to bring up another suspect, it would have to be 4chan. Its just like them to illicit a flame war between these two groups. Not to mention, the writing in the hack doesn't seem like something a site called "Twilightmoms" would use. However, it does seem like something 4chan would.

Lord_Gareth
2009-04-01, 12:03 PM
Therefore, I strongly suspect that this is the handiwork of someone uninterested in Twilight (likely from one of the 'chans), just trying to start a flamewar.

Quite possible - I'm just the messanger.

The Rose Dragon
2009-04-01, 12:05 PM
You should mention the link contains non-PG-13 language.

Collin152
2009-04-01, 12:08 PM
It's also worth nothing that today is April 1

KnightDisciple
2009-04-01, 12:12 PM
It's also worth nothing that today is April 1

Yeah. That was the first thought to cross my mind.

Omicroncubed
2009-04-01, 12:29 PM
*lurk mode disengaged*

Try highlighting below the part where it sais something about a ransom.

Yup. It's an april fools joke.

*lurk mode engaged*

The Rose Dragon
2009-04-01, 12:32 PM
The language used, however, is very real.

Ascension
2009-04-01, 12:44 PM

For Twilight fans? Perhaps. For hackers? Not on your life.

Verruckt
2009-04-01, 12:44 PM
*lurk mode disengaged*

Try highlighting below the part where it sais something about a ransom.

Yup. It's an april fools joke.

*lurk mode engaged*

I'm pretty sure we all knew that, but thanks for explaining the joke.
and oh lawdy lawdy yes the page does indeed contain badly misspelled expletives, what ever shall we do.

Renegade Paladin
2009-04-01, 01:08 PM
Yeah, I'm going to have to respond with a resounding "So what?" Where's the blood and broken bones? Words in and of themselves don't hurt anybody.

Loch
2009-04-01, 01:18 PM
I wish to of what are the most idiotic and pathetic groups of the internet would shut the hell up stop throwing there toys out of the pram and leave each other alone. :smallmad:

Mordokai
2009-04-01, 01:21 PM
That page did made my eyes bleed!

The Rose Dragon
2009-04-01, 01:24 PM
Yeah, I'm going to have to respond with a resounding "So what?" Where's the blood and broken bones? Words in and of themselves don't hurt anybody.

Well, there is a reason they're censored on site (whatever it may be) and there should probably be a warning.

I use expletives quite frequently myself, but the site rules are still valid.