PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Obtaining a Divine Rank by ECL 22

Blackfang108
2009-04-01, 03:04 PM
What are some mechanical ways to obtain a Divine Rank by ECL 22?

(First-Party sources only.)

Mechanical only, please, and preferably ways that are not class dependant.

The Rose Dragon
2009-04-01, 03:09 PM
Did you consider Pun-Pun?

Myou
2009-04-01, 03:10 PM
Unless I'm very much mistaken there are no mechanics for ever attaining divine rank - it's left up to the DM to handle it.

hamishspence
2009-04-01, 03:14 PM
If you are playing a True Dragon (some people suggest Dragonwrought Kobolds count as they have age categories from wyrmling to great wyrm in Races of the Dragon), Dragon Ascendant PRC in Draconomicon gets you, effectively, Divine Rank 0 (One requirement is Base Attack Bonus +30 though- (thankfully, epic BAB bonuses count towards this).

From then, assuming DM is generous, extra divine ranks can be achived by roleplaying.

Have to be way above ECL 22 though.

tyckspoon
2009-04-01, 03:20 PM
The only official mechanic that I know of is to get an existing god to make you a Proxy. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/divineMinions.htm#proxies) All other means of acquiring Divine Rank are just suggestions and depend on how divinity works in your DM's world, although "get a bunch of people to worship you" and "kill an existing god and absorb its power and duties" are pretty common.

Blackfang108
2009-04-01, 03:23 PM
Ah.

So those posts I've seen talking about it being easy to acquire a Divine Rank weren't exactly true.

Pity.

Thanks, all.

tyckspoon
2009-04-01, 03:27 PM
Ah.. if you're trying to do it in a story-legitimate way, no, it's not particularly easy. If you're just cheesing out the rules, it's very easy: find a way to cast the Ice Assassin spell without the material component (requires: a piece of the creature you want to duplicate. This has no given monetary value- therefore, by strict RAW, you can skip it with Eschew Material Components.) Make an Ice Assassin of a god. Ice Assassins are pretty much identical to the original creature and are also completely under your control. Order your Ice Assassin God to make you its Proxy; you now have Divine Rank 1. Easy. (Also, you have a freakin' God following your orders.)

Paramour Pink
2009-04-01, 04:02 PM
I can't help you with exactly what you want. But, I'd still like to suggest you look in the fifth Monster Manual on page 64. It's a template called God-blooded. It's nowhere near what you're asking, but it's still a taste of the divine. That could be a good foundation if your DM wants to help your character towards divinity. :smallsmile:

Darth Stabber
2009-04-01, 04:18 PM
Had a CG bard ascend into godhood when his fanbase was large enough. Got to create the Alcohol Domain

Corlan, God of Fame
Portfolio - Fame, Notoriety, Music, Acting, Drunken stupidity
Domains - Good, Chaos, Alcohol, and Trickery

Domain power - Improvised Weapon Proficiency - You are considered proficient with improvised weapons.
Spells
1-Remove Fear
2-Rage
3-Hideous Laughter
4-Shout
5-Confusion
6-Greater Heroism
7-Word of Chaos
8-Irresistable Dance
9-Hallucinations, Attack (rename of Shades)

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-04-01, 06:33 PM
Ah.. if you're trying to do it in a story-legitimate way, no, it's not particularly easy. If you're just cheesing out the rules, it's very easy: find a way to cast the Ice Assassin spell without the material component (requires: a piece of the creature you want to duplicate. This has no given monetary value- therefore, by strict RAW, you can skip it with Eschew Material Components.) Make an Ice Assassin of a god. Ice Assassins are pretty much identical to the original creature and are also completely under your control. Order your Ice Assassin God to make you its Proxy; you now have Divine Rank 1. Easy. (Also, you have a freakin' God following your orders.)There is also Epic Eschew Materials, for a more RAW method.

Alternatively, Epic Spellcasting can do anything.

afroakuma
2009-04-01, 06:43 PM
It can't make a proxy, as delegating some of its divine power expands its overall capabilities even though it diminishes its raw ability, which it cannot do. Also, the second it's made, it has access to powerful enough abilities to go jetting after the original, who will likely just go hang out on the Plane of Fire for an amusing amount of time.

Blackfang108
2009-04-02, 01:46 PM
There is also Epic Eschew Materials, for a more RAW method.

Alternatively, Epic Spellcasting can do anything.

Wasn't planning on playing a spellcaster(I've been in a long line of Gishes, kinda tired of keeping track of spells.), and, without massive amounts of cheese, I'm not that impressed at Epic Spellcasting for Early Epic.

Hmm...

Oh well. This was more of a thought exercise, as my character is currently Alive and Well.

Maybe I can convince Sif to make me her proxy... (we use the Norse Pantheon. I'd do Fenrir, but I'll be LG, possibly NG)