PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Looking for Clanggedin Silverbeard

Thurbane
2009-04-02, 12:43 AM
Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough, but where can I find 3.X stats for Clanggedin Silverbeard as a deity? I would have thought Races of Stone was the logical place...

Curmudgeon
2009-04-02, 02:06 AM
The basics (alignment, favored weapon, & c.) are in Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide. The domains and a bit of background are in Player's Guide to Faerūn.

Keld Denar
2009-04-02, 02:13 AM
When in doubt, Wikipedia! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwarf_deities#Clanggedin_Silverbeard)

As far as his avatar stats and actual salient divine abilities, I got no clue....

Belial_the_Leveler
2009-04-02, 04:53 AM
Found it. Unofficial, ofcourse;
http://dicefreaks.forumz.cc/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=183

Tengu_temp
2009-04-02, 05:41 AM
Am I the only one amused by the fact that a god of war resides in the Peaceable Kingdoms of Arcadia?

Drascin
2009-04-02, 06:43 AM
Am I the only one amused by the fact that a god of war resides in the Peaceable Kingdoms of Arcadia?

My theory is that Arcadians simply have the best beer. He might be a god of war, but he's still a dwarf. Priorities are priorities :smalltongue:.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-02, 06:56 AM
I thought Valhalla had the best beer.

Tsotha-lanti
2009-04-02, 08:35 AM
The basics (alignment, favored weapon, & c.) are in Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide. The domains and a bit of background are in Player's Guide to Faerūn.

And more stuff in Faiths and Pantheons.

Gorbash
2009-04-02, 12:20 PM

He doesn't. Faerun has a different cosmology from Greyhawk, except for Negative Energy Plane, Plane of Shadow, Elemental Planes, Nine Hells and Abyss.

Clangeddin resides on the mountain Plane of Dwarfhome, along with Moradin, Berronar, Haela, etc.

Tsotha-lanti
2009-04-02, 12:41 PM
He doesn't. Faerun has a different cosmology from Greyhawk, except for Negative Energy Plane, Plane of Shadow, Elemental Planes, Nine Hells and Abyss.

Clangeddin resides on the mountain Plane of Dwarfhome, along with Moradin, Berronar, Haela, etc.

The specific Faerūnian cosmology, detailed in, for instance, the Player's Guide to Faerūn, is great and often neglected.

I guess Planescape may have fitted the dwarf deities in some specific planes, but I can't recall which one Clangeddin might have been in. And mutually conflicting cosmologies can still both be true perfectly well - it's the Planes, and everything's quite subjective.

Gorbash
2009-04-02, 12:56 PM

Thurbane
2009-04-02, 03:59 PM
Hmm, I didn't realise that he had become a FR specific deity. Back in the "old days", he was one of the generic Dwarven pantheon.

Thanks for the replies. I also found stats for him in the Living Greyhawk deities PDF. :smallsmile:

Tsotha-lanti
2009-04-02, 04:39 PM
I don't know about being FR-specific, it's just that the only D&D 3.X books I know to have Clangeddin in them are FR books.

ChaosDefender24
2009-04-02, 05:20 PM

He does have a point, the wikipedia entry says he's from Arcadia. Why would it say something like that?

hamishspence
2009-04-02, 05:26 PM
Arcadia has the dangerous Arcadian Avengers in MMV. And the decription in Manual of the Planes- "Evil beings are attacked on sight."

Maybe "Peaceful" is something of a propaganda stunt on their part, it is, after all, the plane where Law is more important than Good (though Good is relevant) and is "Mildly law aligned" but not "mildly Good aligned"

Tsotha-lanti
2009-04-02, 07:50 PM
Arcadia is Lawful Neutral/Lawful Good. It's not peaceful by nature, but peaceful by enforced order. The Harmonium, the faction who act as Sigil's ruthless and totalitarian police force - "You will be happy and law-abiding and good, or we will kill you" - had their headquarters in Arcadia (they eventually caused one layer of it to start shifting to... Mechanus? I forget).

It sounds very much the right place for dwarven LG deities, to me.

Thurbane
2009-04-02, 09:33 PM
I'm going to have to make a Dwarven Cleric/War Priest who dual wield's battle axes now...sweet... :smallcool: