PDA

View Full Version : Evil V reminiscent of Miko?

magic9mushroom
2009-04-02, 10:25 AM
Just the hair style and the speech patterns seem to resemble hers.

Whatcha all think?

Zanaril
2009-04-02, 11:28 AM
...I see it. :smalleek:

Oh dear somebody, that's creepy.

Maybe part of the splice...Miko's soul...interplanar exchange programme...space cats...*starts muttering to self*

Mannryu
2009-04-02, 12:11 PM
Oh dear god. Now that you pointed it out, I can see the resemblance. :smalleek:

Still maybe this isn't such a bad idea. Let's have someone tell V this: "Oh hai, Vaarsuvius, do you know that one of the souls you're sharing is actually Miko?" or something like that. V never liked her anyway so s/he'll freak out and end the soul spice immediately.

Shpadoinkle
2009-04-02, 12:17 PM
Only superficially, and similar parallels could be drawn between pretty much any tw characters. Miko was Lawful Stupid (emphasis on the Stupid), and while what V is doing now is definitely a really bad idea, he's not jumping to predetermined conclusions and using spurious logic to justify it, while completely ignoring any evidence to the contrary and repeatedly insisting that he's the Chosen One and the gods have a special plan for him. If you go back and actually re-read the comics and see how completly bat**** CRAZY Miko was at times, you'd see that it's really not the same thing.

There's a difference between doing something that's a bad idea and doing something that's really, really stupid.

Oh dear god. Now that you pointed it out, I can see the resemblance. :smalleek:

Still maybe this isn't such a bad idea. Let's have someone tell V this: "Oh hai, Vaarsuvius, do you know that one of the souls you're sharing is actually Miko?" or something like that. V never liked her anyway so s/he'll freak out and end the soul spice immediately.

Except Miko wasn't an epic arcane spellcaster, so that would probably have as much effect on V as someone telling you that you're actually a clone of your great great grandfather. It's so unlikely as to be impossible and would probably result in V thinking the person who said that was crazy more than anything else.

Raging Gene Ray
2009-04-02, 12:37 PM
Just the hair style and the speech patterns seem to resemble hers.

The hair: They both have long hair that isn't bound in a ponytail. Given the limitations of the medium, it's hard to make the two styles look that different..but even then, V's hair is a little wilder, a little longer, a lot more purple.

The speech patterns: Giving a character speech patterns like that is a common way to show pride and a desire to appear cultured and smarter than the rabble among them. The similarity is probably not intentional.

Except Miko wasn't an epic arcane spellcaster, so that would probably have as much effect on V as someone telling you that you're actually a clone of your great great grandfather. It's so unlikely as to be impossible and would probably result in V thinking the person who said that was crazy more than anything else.

That was well reasoned and logical. But sometimes you just gotta go crazy with the speculation. Burn your house, it's okay to go crazy.

Kaytara
2009-04-02, 12:41 PM
I second the post above. In addition to that...

Miko was the one cutting people off when they tried to reason with her.

By contrast, Vaarsuvius seems to be the one who keeps getting cut off when he tries to reason with people and explain something to them.
"My analysis indicates that locating Girard's Gate directly is highly unlikely because-"
"Yer analysis? Or yer guilt?"

"No, Inkyrius, you do not understand-"
"I believe I understand just fine, thanks."

"But I still need to find-"
"No. NO."

Agree about the hair, though. Thought so earlier, glad I'm not the only one who gets such strange thoughts. :P

Silverraptor
2009-04-02, 12:44 PM
I second the post above. In addition to that...

Miko was the one cutting people off when they tried to reason with her.

By contrast, Vaarsuvius seems to be the one who keeps getting cut off when he tries to reason with people and explain something to them.
"My analysis indicates that locating Girard's Gate directly is highly unlikely because-"

"No. NO."

Agree about the hair, though. Thought so earlier, glad I'm not the only one who gets such strange thoughts. :P

Ya, YA. I can see what you mean. Even though it's related to Miko it's still the opposite. So what does this mean? Good cuts off evil's explanations? Because it seems like that both ways.

Kaytara
2009-04-02, 01:00 PM
It just means that people invariably get cut off when trying to explain themselves when the plot calls for them to get screwed (such as the way Shojo's death screwed Azure City and Roy in particular). Nothing new, really. XD Misunderstandings and the loneliness of not being allowed to confide in people make for good, if somewhat frustrating, storytelling.

I just realized that... You know who V's hair REALLY reminds me of? Vincent Valentine from FF. Especially the strands breaking off from the top of the head.

Trebuchet
2009-04-02, 04:26 PM
The hair looks like Miko's, a bit. But the look of defeat and despair remind me more of Redcloak.

Start of Darkness spoiler
Especially in Start of Darkness, when Xykon started to grow in power, and showed himself no particular friend to the goblins. Redcloak also chose evil.

King of Nowhere
2009-04-03, 07:03 AM
Their motivations were totally different. Their modus operandi too.

ArchaeologyHat
2009-04-03, 09:59 AM
Is it wrong that whenever I read the parts of the comic that have Miko in I want to play a Paladin in something, be it CRPG or Pencil and Paper RPG?

DomaDoma
2009-04-03, 03:16 PM
Here I thought you were asking about the forum reaction...

Warren Dew
2009-04-03, 08:31 PM
Whatcha all think?

The plot conspires against them in their parts of the story? Check.

Completely misunderstood by the forums? Check.

Dead? Only Miko so far.

To be fair, if Vaarsuvius were never cut off, we'd still be on strip 10.

X2
2009-04-03, 11:59 PM

"No. NO."

Damn! Why didn't I notice that?

Tempest Fennac
2009-04-04, 01:49 AM
I disagree about Miko being Lawful Stupid (the comic with the Ogres shows that she's quite happy to use underhanded tactics which just stick within her code, and I think her reaction to Shojo, considering what Miko knew IC, combined with Shojo's pathetic "attempt" to explain the situation, was perfectly reasonable considering what was at stake). On the other hand, no longer being a Paladin pretty much made her snap completely (considering her upbringing, it's not surprising that she ended up how she did).

As far as V and Miko go, V is actually willing to commit vastly evil acts (Familicide) for netral reasons (protecting her family). On the other hand, Miko thought she was doing things for the greater good (eg: taking out one of Xykon's allies, stopping the throne room from being captured). Admittedly, there is a chance that V will actually manage to avoid doing anything else evil while under the effects of the splice.

Raging Gene Ray
2009-04-04, 01:54 AM
Thank you, Tempest! Someone had to say it. I do, however, disagree with protecting V's family being a neutral act. V also knows that Black Dragons are widely considered Evil, so shi also has the "greater good" on hir side.

Tempest Fennac
2009-04-04, 02:02 AM
That is a good point. I was classing that as evil due to V having no way of knowing whether all of the dragon's relatives were evil or not. If they weren't, then I'd class it as an evil action which would probably result in more good overall, assuming Rich is sticking to alignment descriptors (which he appeared to be judging by when Miko and the Order were discussing the other Black Dragon*).

*Unless the idea that all chromatic dragons are evil is just a common perception, or a result of the god's making them like that when the world was created, which admittedly, wouldn't fit with the idea of making low-level cannon-fodder for Clerics to slaughter.