PDA

View Full Version : Just how much Reach can you get???

Brock Samson
2009-04-03, 02:19 AM
For starters, you could take half-ogre, +2 level adjustment for large size. Then 7 levels of Psychic Warrior for an Augmented Expansion. You are now Gargantuan correct? Use a Spiked Chain for more reach. And I also believe in the Magic Item Compendium that Greatreach Bracers give you 10 more feet of reach, correct?

Can someone calculate this out to how much reach you actually will end up with?

Any other ways to get a greater reach? I've heard of a spell called Giant Size, but don't have the book w/ description.

Ok, open the forum up, more ideas! And how best would this be used? For example, an Spiked-chain-wielding/Improved Tripping/Knockdowning/Standstilling/Thicket-of-Blading/Mage-Slayering/master of death (with True Seeing and ghost touch for the ultimate lock-down).

CyberRebirth
2009-04-03, 02:24 AM
don't forget monkey grip for a colossal weapon :smallwink:

Brock Samson
2009-04-03, 02:38 AM
Oh my god, someone please calculate this out for me, I'm tired.

Kurald Galain
2009-04-03, 02:51 AM
Oh my god, someone please calculate this out for me, I'm tired.

There you go (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4024408). I got as far as 60 feet.

Dr_Horrible
2009-04-03, 03:13 AM
Monkey grip only effects damage not reach.

But here's something for you:

Wu Jen 5/Ur-Priest 2/Mystic Theurge 8/Incantatrix 5

Willing Deformity->Deformity (Tall) +5 feet independent of size:
Aberrant Blood->Inhuman Reach +5ft
Improved Trip
Knockdown
DMM Persist

Persist Body outside Body
(your clones can't cast spells, but they can add meta effects to your spells via Incantatrix)
Persist Chain Giant Size
Persist Divine Power
Persist Chain whatever else you want

Now you have 5 Colossal creatures that all have more reach then the average colossal creature.

You have 80ft reach tripping of death on each side of you.
You occupy 30ft straight across yourself.
You have five different bodies.
You can now make a wall 950ft long which if someone moves within, you get an AoO and trip them.

Have fun.

Brock Samson
2009-04-03, 03:46 AM
I think.... I think I love you.

Where is this deformity stuff coming from? And abberant blood?

And just how high will the trip check be? I know you got a +4 per size category difference, then add strength. Can you officially trip a great wyrm dragon? How about a mountain? haha!

Waspinator
2009-04-03, 04:40 AM
Lords of Madness, I believe for the Aberration stuff.

This is useful for hunting this kind of thing down:
http://wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/arch/lists

jcsw
2009-04-03, 06:30 AM
You may want to add in the Umbral Disciple's level 10 class feature.

Darrin
2009-04-03, 07:24 AM
Where is this deformity stuff coming from? And abberant blood?

Willing Deformity first appeared in the Book of Vile Darkness, although the particular "Deformity (Tall)" that gives reach appears in Heroes of Horror. Unfortunately, it stops working if your size changes from medium, so it doesn't work with enlarge person/expansion/etc.

Aberration Blood and Inhuman Reach are in Lords of Madness, and they continue to work even if your size changes.

Dr_Horrible
2009-04-03, 07:30 AM
You may want to add in the Umbral Disciple's level 10 class feature.

I don't know how I could since I have to progress two different casting progressions and still get 4 levels of Incantatrix so that my extras can meta all my spells for free.

BlueWizard
2009-04-03, 07:43 AM
There should be laws against such indecency.

VelvetThunder
2009-04-06, 05:38 AM
Assuming you don't use Spike chain.. The Monk Variant from PHII is a good choice. It's lets you take an attack and deal double damage with it. But It lasts till your next round... so All your AoO will also deal Double Damage.

Hunter Noventa
2009-04-06, 05:52 AM
If you've got the feats you might be able to get another 5ft from a martial stance, but the name of it escapes me at the moment.

Darrin
2009-04-06, 07:32 AM
If you've got the feats you might be able to get another 5ft from a martial stance, but the name of it escapes me at the moment.

Dancing Blade Form, the 5th level stance in Iron Heart. Difficult to get unless you take 10 levels of Warblade, and it only works on your turn so it won't help with AoOs.