PDA

View Full Version : [4e]Fighter Dings 3

Darth Stabber
2009-04-03, 09:11 AM
So I just dinged 3 last night and I need to pick an encounter ability.

Current Build
Dwarf 1handed weapon Fighter
Str-18
Con-16
Dex-10
int-11
Wis-14
Cha-8
Region: East rift
Deity: Moradin
Skills: Religion, Heal, Athletics, and Endurance
Feats: Dwarven Weapon Training, and Avenger multi-class feat (once per encounter oath, for one turn, usually paired with an action point to maximize the benefit. For when I absolutely must hit some dude)
@will: Tide of Iron, and the Invigorating one
Encounter: Passing Attack
Daily: Comeback Strike
Utility: The one where I get attacked and an ally gets to shift its speed
Equipment - +1 dwarven scale armor, +1 Craghammer, +1 Amulet of health, 10 trowing axes, heavy shield.

I am considering either the free action, knock a guy prone with my shield one or the Part of a Charge one. So what should I take and should i retrain something. Might swap my multi-class feat for another divine one (must be divine), my character isn't going to do any further multi-classing (feats or otherwise), I just wanted and ability and a method of symbolizing my character's Piety mechanically without being a Pally (hate pallys in ways that aren't rational, since 2e infact). So what should I do?

Tsotha-lanti
2009-04-03, 09:40 AM
I am disappointed. From the title, I expected a news item about a fighter hitting the heads of three people in a tavern or street brawl.

Darth Stabber
2009-04-03, 10:01 AM
Well in a previous session I did manage to Cleave, killing one guy, spend an action point , and then Passing attack killing the other cleave victim and make an attack against another were-rat, So I did ding 3 in one turn in one game. Does that make it better?

At any rate, does anyone have any advice?

The Rose Dragon
2009-04-03, 10:03 AM
You should put "4th Edition" in the title so people who play 3.5 won't come to shout "Fighter is a 2 level class!".

RTGoodman
2009-04-03, 02:47 PM
Personally, I like crushing blow for damage (2[W] + Str + Con), and parry and riposte from MP for defense (immediate reaction, you hit the target AND it grants CA to you and your allies for a turn). The last could be good with a Rogue partner, too.

I also like probing attack because it targets a NAD, can be used as an OA, AND gives you a bonus next round. Rhino's rush could be good, too, if you do a lot of charging (especially since you're using a shield).

Loch
2009-04-03, 04:04 PM
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&DI Character Builder ======
Level 3
Dwarf, Fighter
Fighter Talents: One-handed Weapon Talent
Background: East Rift

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 16, Dex 10, Int 11, Wis 14, Cha 8.

Starting Ability Scores
Str 18, Con 14, Dex 10, Int 11, Wis 12, Cha 8.

AC: 21 Fort: 18 Reflex: 14 Will: 14
HP: 43 Surges: 12 Surge Value: 10

TRAINED SKILLS
Athletics, Endurance, Heal, Religion.

FEATS
1: Dwarven Weapon Training
2: Divine Bloodline

POWERS
1, At-Will: Tide of Iron
1, At-Will: Crushing Surge
1, Encounter: Passing Attack
1, Daily: Comeback Strike
2, Utility: Create Opening

ITEMS
Dwarven Scale Armor +1, Magic Craghammer +1, Amulet of Health +1, Heavy Shield, Handaxe (10)
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&DI Character Builder ======

Choices are... - ones that grant bonuses for weapon other then your crag hammer. as they really only worth it with the bonuses.

Blinding Smash
Strength vs Fort; Target is blinded, +Constitution Modifier with hammer or axe
Crushing Blow
Strength vs AC; 2[w]+ Strength Modifier, +Constitution Modifier with hammer or axe
Parry and Riposte
Strength vs AC, Tr:An Enemy Misses; 1[w]+strength modifier, target grant CA utnil next turn.
Prescise Strike
Strength +4 vs AC; 1[w]+strength modifier
Probing Attack
Strength vs Reflex; 1[w]+strength modifier, +4 power bonus to attack rolls against target until EoNT, may be used for oppurtunity attacks.
Rhino Strike
Strength vs AC, Must Charge, If you have a shield you don't grant attacks of oppurtuntiy; 2[w]+strength modifier.
Shield Slam
Strength +2 vs Fortitude, Tr: You Hit enemy with attack; Push target 1 square and knock prone. Must have shield.