PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Fighting (Guava)

Scorpina
2006-06-07, 05:12 PM
Back-Biter[General]
Prerequisites: Combat Expertise, Combat Reflexes
Benefit: You may choose to activate this feat as a free action, but only during your turn. For the next round you take a -2 penalty to your armour class. However, once per round, you may deliver an Attack of Opportunity against a creature launching a successful melee attack against you.
Special: A fighter may select Back-Biter as one of his Fighter bonus feats.

Cheap Shot [General]
Prerequisites: Combat Reflexes, Sneak Attack class ability
Benefit: You may apply your sneak attack damage on one attack of opportunity each round. However, you take a -2 penalty on the attack roll for this attack and any other Attacks of Opportunity in the same round.

Eye Gouge [General]
Prerequisites: Combat Expertise
Benefit: Once per round, with a successful melee attack, you may forgeo damage and force an opponent to make a Fortitude save (DC =10+your BAB) or be blinded for a number of rounds equal to your base attack bonus.
Special: A fighter may select Eye Gouge as one of his Fighter bonus feats.

Feinting Trip [General]
Prerequisites: Combat Expertise, Improved Feint, Improved Trip
Benefit: You may combine a feint attempt and a trip attempt against the same opponent as a standard
Special: A fighter may select Feinting Trip as one of his Fighter bonus feats

DMgrinder
2006-06-07, 05:14 PM
Sweet! I wanna do things dirty now.

Scorpina
2006-06-07, 05:15 PM
Ah if I had a copper peice for every time I'd heard that. ;)

Peregrine
2006-06-07, 05:17 PM
Interesting ideas. :)

Eye Gouge seems like it'd be pretty powerful, at a first glance. Back-Biter says 'Eye Gouge' in its Special line. And Feinting Trip is redundant; with those prerequisites, you can already make a feint as a move action and a trip attempt (plus the follow-up attack if you succeed) as a standard action.

Edit: This does, however, give me an idea. ;)
Fast Feint [General]
Prerequisites: Int 13, Combat Expertise, Improved Feint, base attack bonus 6+
Benefit: During the full attack action, you may feint instead of making any of your melee attacks.
Special: A fighter may select Fast Feint as one of his fighter bonus feats.

Scorpina
2006-06-07, 05:20 PM
Hmm, would Feinting Trip work if I changed it from a full-round action to a standard action?

Peregrine
2006-06-07, 05:28 PM
I think so, yeah. :) Hehehe, it'd be a nice signature move for a sneaky character to combine that with a Spring Attack.

ilovefire
2006-06-07, 05:44 PM
also, whats' the fort save for eyegouge? 10 + 1/2 HD + attack roll, 10+ attack roll, 5+attack roll?

Munchy
2006-06-07, 05:55 PM
My understanding of Back-Biter is that the PC gains one additional attack per round with this feat. That is WAY overpowered.

Cheap shot would probably be overpowered on its own, but when combined with Back-Biter it becomes gratuitous. I now get one extra attack per round and it deals insane sneak attack damage (Plus whatever wonders other class abilities let you do on sneak attacks). This could very well give you a rogue that can outperform a fighter in straight up melee damage.

What is the Fort save in Eye Gouge based on? Regardless, it seems overpowered. A hasted 8th level rogue could potentially hit 3 times in a round and force three separate Fort saves vs. blindness. However low the DC the chance of a sucess is pretty high when you are forced to make repeat rolls. Add two weapon fighting or the above Back-Biter feat and it gets really gratuitous.

Peregrine
2006-06-07, 06:07 PM
My understanding of Back-Biter is that the PC gains one additional attack per round with this feat. That is WAY overpowered.
I don't think so. It lets you spend an ordinary, run-of-the-mill attack of opportunity in a new way: to attack someone who's attacking you.

Scorpina
2006-06-07, 06:12 PM
I suppose, in a situation in which an opponent is launching melee attacks against you every round, Back-Biter could be seen as granting an extra attack...

Anyway, I've limited Eye Gouge to once per round, and specified the DC of the Fort save.

InaVegt
2006-06-07, 06:14 PM
That can be so abused, if that feat would make it into an official book the ones who create the insane attack bonuses and have a feat slot left will add that, what i get a +123 an my attack and his AC is 35? blinded!

The Glyphstone
2006-06-07, 06:16 PM
Back-Biter is very similar to a feat in Complete Warrior, called Karmic Strike. It has, I believe, the same prerequisites. With Karmic Strike, you take a -4 penalty to AC, and gain an AoO against anyone that hits you with a melee attack.

Comparatively, backbiter has no downside, and only needs them to attack you. Somewhat overpowered...maybe not a great deal. Agreed, though, that it's too good combined with Cheap Shot.

endoperez
2006-06-07, 06:17 PM
Maybe back-biter should be more limited in who it can target, but actually do more than just damage? Something like:

Once per round, you make take a special Attack of Opportunity against your designated Dodge target if he performs an Attack or Full Attack action. You make this attack at your full attack bonus. If this attack hits, instead of receiving damage, the opponent must succeed in a Con check against DC 10 + damage he would have received or be dazed for the rest of his round.

Also, maybe Eye Gouge should just give you a penalty to attack (-2?) and automatically make the opponent Dazed if the attack hits.

PandaNecromancer
2006-06-07, 06:32 PM
Isn't backbiter also a necromancy in some book? I think it's called that...You cast it on a any weapon with a wooden handle and when they try to hit you with that weapon, it bends back and strikes them instead. That's also dirty fighting haha.
Wracking Touch: deals 1d6+1 per caster level (max 10) Apply any sneak attack damage you may have. One of my fav. necromancies cause I love rogue/wizards.

Bob_the_Mighty
2006-06-07, 09:26 PM
Isn't there a feat in Sword and Fist called dirty fighting or something like that?

Shiny, Bearer of the Pokystick
2006-06-07, 09:47 PM
Cheap shot is sort of precluded by sneak attack of oppurtunity (which makes all AoO sneak attacks), but I guess since that's epic, IIRC, it shouldn't matter too much.

Cerberus
2006-06-07, 10:07 PM
those dirty moves sound allittle more like rogue moves.

Spasticteapot
2006-06-07, 10:17 PM
those dirty moves sound allittle more like rogue moves.

Very different, actually.

Rouges can trick their opponents into moving into grappling range using feints and clever use of the Bluff skill.

But, for dirty fighting, I have but three words:

"Monkey Grabs Peach!"

Personally, I'd like to see an Advanced Grappling feat, or the like. I wrestle (albiet rather badly), and many basic moves such as the double-leg are extremely efficient against larger targets.

In fact, one of the best wrestlers on the team could, under D&D rules, pass as a dwarf. (He's built like a tank, and is very short). He can take out guys half again taller than he is without breaking a sweat. (He's also a pro snowboarder, but that's beside the point.)

That said, I'd prefer to create a "Dirty Fighter" or "Gladiator" prestiege class, that gains special attack abilities. A gladiator would often use nasty tricks on his opponents, such as rubbing crushed, dried peppers into the eyes of his opponents.

Scorpina
2006-06-07, 11:34 PM
...Monkey...Grabs...Peach?

:-/

Spasticteapot
2006-06-07, 11:42 PM
...Monkey...Grabs...Peach?

:-/

I play Shadowrun.

Ninjas are usually physical adepts.

It is...unwise to argue with PhysAds.

Ryshan Ynrith
2006-06-07, 11:44 PM
Back-Biter is /very/ similar to Robilar's Gambit from the PHB2, which requires an extremely high attack pre-req and gives opponants bonuses to hit and damage you, although it's not once per round, so I'm not sure how it balances.

Scorpina
2006-06-07, 11:44 PM
...I see. I think...

Scorpina
2006-06-08, 12:14 PM
I've changed Back-Biter and Cheap Shot significantly, nerfing them. I've also altered the DC on Eye Gouge to be 10+BAB.

MagFlare
2006-06-08, 01:00 PM
These are pretty nifty, Scorpina. But I think you omitted one of the most effective dity fighting tactics, either because you're a woman or because you're too tasteful to stoop to a certain level: the Rack.

Maybe it'd go something like this:

Right Inna Nerts (General)
Prerequisites: Improved Unarmed Attack, Combat Expertise, BAB +6
Benefit: As a full attack, the character can use an unarmed attack to attempt to strike any male humanoid or monstrous humanoid in the accessories. This attack is made at the character's Base Attack Bonus with a -6 penalty to hit. Any character so hit takes normal damage, an additional 1d12 nonlethal damage, and must make a Fortitude save (DC 15 + attacker's strength bonus) or be sickened for a number of rounds equal to the attacker's strength bonus. On a critical hit, the victim of Right Inna Nerts must also make a Fortitude save (DC 15 + attacker's strength bonus) or take an amount of nonlethal damage equal to his current hit points, and all male humanoids or monstrous humanoids within 20 feet (including the attacker, if eligible) must make a DC 15 Fortitude save or be nauseated for one round.
Special: A fighter may select Right Inna Nerts as one of his Fighter bonus feats.

silentvengeance
2006-06-08, 01:38 PM
I made a feat called

Parry/Repost

Instead of AoO, yo may attempt to parrry an opponents attack, at reflex save, DC 7+base attack bonus, if you succed you take no damage and make an immediate attack for 1/2 damage ar -3, you are both considered flat footed next round

Peace
Silentvengeance

Fredderf
2006-08-27, 12:07 PM
I like 'em. Fighters and rogues can both use these feats, and now they seem pretty balanced. Nice.